Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »
May 14, 2019 9:44 PM

Nov 2013
This series was beautiful. Just my kind of anime. Reality, beautiful people, good people with good intentions and pure hearts, striving to be their best, to live up to eachother.
This last episode was an emotional roller coaster. Very beautiful. Frankly, I like that we know how their future begins. It's a good closure to this series. I rate this a solid "10".
We can't all live in Japan, but this series let's us live in their shoes if but vicariously.
Jun 15, 2019 9:34 AM

Jul 2013
Kinda late to the party, but I think this was the most realistic romance anime that I ever saw.

But I really think that they should've maintained the realism and skipped the ending credits scene. I know it was good payoff, but it just doesen't seem to fit the overall tone of the show and the thematics of first love, which is something ephemeral, but beautiful anyway.
Although I understand that, to me, a 27 year old with a lot of experience in life, this would be more appealing, but maybe it would be too much for the actual target audience of this show.

Other than that, just brilliant. The awkwardness, hiding stuff from parents and friends, the mellowing, the obstacles faced, the melancholy at the end, the feeling of it have been worht it no matter what... It is so real. Even the love triangle stuff felt real, as none of the other competitors ever had any chance, just as it is in real life.

Masterpiece.
Jul 12, 2019 7:03 AM
Nov 2018
Really wish I discovered this anime earlier. This anime really related to my own life, and I cannot find other anime that displays this vibe that it gives. Though, I really wish the ending could have been better, maybe he actually caught up to her train or what not. Still a great anime, with great detail.
Jul 16, 2019 4:55 PM

Apr 2010
That gay pink haired boy couldn't keep his hands off other boys throughout this entire damn show.
Jul 17, 2019 7:34 AM

May 2016
That was surprisingly a beautiful ending despite mediocre middle episodes we had.

6/10
Aug 14, 2019 8:33 AM
Aug 2019
Thank you for making a satisfying ending. I was really moved and contented. Hope every anime are like this. Thank you so much. Arigatou
Sep 5, 2019 3:45 AM
May 2019
I've been thinking before but I am still not understand.. Why mizuno cry's a lot when both of them met at the river?
Sep 13, 2019 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
Ikhsan_Rozack said:
I've been thinking before but I am still not understand.. Why mizuno cry's a lot when both of them met at the river?
She thought something like "He failed exams because of me, he rejected a girl because of me" I guess. By the way, pretty realistic reaction.
Sep 23, 2019 1:02 PM

Feb 2018
What a sweet ending! One of the best romance anime out there. Not gonna lie, I teared up a little
Oct 2, 2019 9:01 PM
Jan 2016
This anime was super cute and would recommend to anyone looking for a short sweet and heart warming anime to watch. Loved the ending and the little pictures at the end, made me so happy seeing them together ahhh
Nov 15, 2019 3:00 AM

May 2018
Wow, a good romance with good characters and ending. Really enjoyed every episode, it was not boring and every episode makes an impact. The characters were nice, although I hope there will be another time for the other characters because that would be nice. I love this, everything was beautiful, it felt natural that's why I like it. Thank you for this.

Nov 22, 2019 8:12 AM
Sep 2019
An absolutely stunning masterpiece
10/10
Jan 20, 2020 9:33 AM

Mar 2019
I was hesitant at first with this anime because of the art style.. but then I got hooked.

that's when I realized it. I'm glad I watched this anime <3
Feb 20, 2020 2:10 PM

Aug 2013
miu and inaba were the best
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Feb 21, 2020 3:01 AM
Jun 2017
Man this was so refreshing to watch. Even though it was more realistic. Generally you'd expect mc to get accepted after all that hardwork, but things aren't that simple IRL. Well they got married and all it was really sweet. Looks like I've to read Dazai as well, this anime got me curious.
Mar 13, 2020 1:59 AM

Aug 2018
Decent ending and overall great anime, i really like this anime its realistic about how two shy person do in a relationship.

I just wish that they animated the part when they got married and had a child that would be the best closure on this.

I personally give this a 9 but im a sucker on this kind of anime imma give this a 10 xD
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Apr 5, 2020 3:57 AM

Jun 2010
Love the episode so much. I was ready to get hurt! But then they showed the ending credits and their relationship hasn't ended. They even got married and had a baby!!! First love that started slow, and ended in the most perfect way. My heart can't take it. It's too much. I love romances like this.
Apr 13, 2020 5:26 PM

Oct 2008
Hmm don't know about Middle School as in my country we had only 8 grades Primary School and 4 grades High School, but my high school girlfriend is my current wife. However we had had 3 year hiatus during college - we needed a break :)
Apr 22, 2020 7:46 PM

Mar 2015
Oh my, i'm in shock. This is one of the most beautiful and realistic romance anime i have seen. Everything was perfect for me. The story, pace, characters and not to mention the amazing peformace of Nao Touyama on the ending song.
Tsuki ga Kirei sets the bar so high that i already thinking to add to the favorites, if i only had more space to add more favorite. I need take a break from anime now, the hangover will take some time to pass.
Apr 27, 2020 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
i now understand why this jumped from low 7s up to the mid 8s. this is very good, somewhat realistic, and innocent.
love we get to see how things developed into familyhood via LINE in the credits, really nice touch
Apr 29, 2020 1:57 PM

Sep 2012
leosapathy said:
Onsa_Rin said:

I'm not disagreeing that the odds are very much against such a relationship lasting through their entire lifespan like that. I'm personally not as invested in the final outcome as a lot of others - I would have accepted either endings, *provided* they executed it right. In Tsuki ga Kirei's case, to me, the way they tied up the end credits with the subtle hints in all the prior episodes was what sold me on the end game. It was different enough from all the other sappy romances that I couldn't stand, and stood out to me as very well executed and memorable. That it pointed to a happy ending was just a bonus.

It might be spoiler territory, but the ending of a couple of Shinkai Makoto's other works like 5cm/sec and Garden of Words had enough realistic sad endings to last me a lifetime. Personally I found both of them better than Kimi no Na wa itself, but that's another story.

And yes, there's probably lots of people in their 40s and 50s still engrossed in seasonal animes. Just not as active in forums. Our tastes obviously have evolved over the years, esp when it comes to battle shounens and the ilk, but there are enough good anime out there that have a broad enough appeal that I find even better than the so-called "adult-oriented" entertainment trash they pass as dramas and sitcoms these days. When you get gems like Tsuki ga Kirei, Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho and 3-Gatsu no Lion, is when you really appreciate what anime has to offer.

Yes I understand your perspective on the anime. I agree, the story and it's characters did differentiate itself from most romances and I appreciated that, yet I still strongly believe the ending only cemented itself as another example of a far-fetched romance that will somehow flourish for a lifetime, since to me that is what it is insinuated by the credits. Putting that aside, I am still satisfied with the anime as a whole.

Eh, I think both 5 Centimeters per Second and Garden of Words did not have an interesting set of mc's like Tsuki ga Kirei had, nor did it have me invested in them enough to leave an emotional impact. The animation for both are top tier though.

Not many on the forums, hence the rarity. Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho is actually the anime I was contemplating on watching instead of Tsuki ga Kierei. Well, that and Darling in the FranXX. Judging by what you've mentioned so far it seems you enjoy anime in the slice of life genre, if that is true then I highly recommend you watch Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo as you'll likely find it worthwhile.

I don't get your complaint tbh. Anime hardly ever portrays LDRs in good light and reality always paints it as a negative. So, what's wrong with doing something that's not commonly done? Also, where is this idea that just because something has a low chance, it means its unrealistic if a story focuses on that low chance? Like, theres a million stories out there if you want first love with people being heartbroken. It's called real life.
FlamingMangosApr 29, 2020 2:00 PM
May 9, 2020 9:53 PM

Sep 2012
Just finished rewatching this, very relaxing, heartwarming, beautiful, gorgeous visuals and great songs. masterpiece anime, One of the best if not the best pure romance shows. I mean, what is there to complain about this show?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2020 2:52 AM

Jun 2019
Whole story was beautiful, I love this ending. One thing I don't like is that character animation, but it doesn't really matters cuz story was really good
May 14, 2020 8:55 PM

Jan 2017
Rewacthed the series. I think this is one of the best romance anime I’ve ever seen.
Kuragero_XMar 17, 2021 9:51 PM
May 27, 2020 12:22 AM
Sep 2019
All time fav. Even after a year and 4 months of watching this, still can't get enough of it. Yeah it felt rush in the end but I don't mind because this pure romance anime where the anime actually shows the viewers how the relationship goes is pretty rare. Most animes end with both sides being with each other confessing their love, but this, Tsuki Ga Kirei, it shows us how relationships work and how it could easily go sideways so quickly. Rare Gem.
May 27, 2020 8:08 PM
Mar 2019
. I hate it. I cant help but to love this series so much and I hate it .
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jun 15, 2020 10:04 AM
Aug 2018
I'm soooo happy with the ending 😭💜💜💜💜💜 love this so much
Jul 10, 2020 7:36 PM

Jul 2016
Finished re-watching it. Still my favorite romance anime. The moment when the LINE headline changed from "Girlfriend" to "Wife" was just peak wholesomeness.
Jul 24, 2020 10:41 AM

Mar 2019
So it's over. I DID NOT EXPECT THIS ENDING AT ALL. I thought he would pass and damn the credits were so sad. They actually got merried. I found Akane's crying annoying tbh but I still like her. I THINK it's a 9/10 or 8/10. I still have to decide but great romance anime nonetheless.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 30, 2020 10:00 PM

Jun 2020
"you know, they say nothing an author goes through is in vain" ahhh i love bookshop guy! one of the more interesting characters sadly he's just a filler character lol

chinatsu's such a snake why the fuck would you confess to (AND HUG) your close friend's boyfriend when they've been in a relationship for thus long already. she shouldn't have, at least not then when she knew they would be facing struggles going into a LDR, what an awful person, worst girl alright. you couldn't compare hira to her, hira's not a close friend of kotarou's. she's downright terrible. glad she was at least honest with akane but still?!

so it was a cute & sweet happy ending for them. loved it :)

tsuki ga kirei brought many tears to my eyes! it was a pure love story. loved how they showed the ending it was simple & really so sweet.

overall 7/10 it was a little slow for me at the beginning but glad it picked up

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 31, 2020 3:57 AM
Jul 2020
I loved it! Finally finished watching this after so long in being in my watch list. I was anxious about akane leaving and tearing up, i thought they were gonna split and they never did got to talk after that, but in the end, she read koutarou's ending for his novel. The last part hits right in the feels and i was happy in the end.
Aug 22, 2020 8:46 AM
Apr 2020
This was hands down one of if not the most heart warming Anime i have seen till date
Aug 31, 2020 7:55 PM

Aug 2014
too much forced drama, but I guess it was kids first love...
I enjoyed seeing nice Tokyo and Kyoto animations
I would rather watch their life as highschoolers or after, but it was nice point of view, so shy love don't happen at my country even at young age, people are not so backed out

shouldn't this be slice of life?
Thyriad-oPPailovAug 31, 2020 8:17 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 10, 2020 11:51 PM

Oct 2016
I watched this straight after finishing episode 11 and I was hoping and praying that Kotarou passes and then this episode starts with Kotarou not passing, I was hit by a truck. But, that is very realistic though someone who normally had not so good grades isn't going to suddenly be able to pass an entrance exam like that but, his actions and hardwork are very commendable.

But, what can I say this show was amazing it is definitely one of the most realistic anime I have seen in terms of portraying the characters and the romance of characters their age. Almost brought me to tears towards the end but, that ending credits was so good with the text messages. I would have liked an extra episode or a movie for proper closure but, that was still a really really good way to end it. I am going to miss this show especially Akane and Kotarou. 10/10
Sep 29, 2020 2:58 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
holy shit what a wholesome ass show

just came off from watching yosuga no sora so yeah I'm a little taken a back, and yeah this was quite the nice change of pace I gotta say

don't like how they still don't quite trust each other when they show the texts in the ED, looks like jealousy is still a big thing. I mean if you're love is that intense for eachother shouldn't you trust eachother as well? idk what do i know about young love

when he said "she was my first love" my intial thought was oh snap so he did end up marrying someone else, rip. But then I saw that final shot right at the end, *sigh*... BEAUTIFUL

While its all fine and dandy, story itself is still pretty bland and empty, quite the basic standard middle school love story, they did what they could with it. It was short, it was sweet, nothing I can really critique it on, nothing I can really highly praise it for either. Still, I enjoyed this quite a bit. 7/10

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Oct 18, 2020 10:24 AM
Nov 2019
Loved the story, but hated the fucking MC's attitude bro like seriously, it's like he's the girl in their relationship. When the girl is clearly hurt he just stands there and be like "nande?" like what the fuck at least console Akane, the fucker just does nothing but stare and be dumbfounded every single fucking time, he never deserved Akane one fucking bit!!!
Nov 23, 2020 11:19 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, that was a great show. I enjoyed it more than I thought. The ED theme really hits differently.

I was actually wondering why they never translated the LINE conversations until now, lol.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 8, 2020 9:19 PM

Jul 2017
10/10 show, best romance anime of all time. No amount of bad CG can harm that rating and my feelings and connection to this anime. The ED sequences and the entire show as a whole was an emotional rollercoaster but I'm still really happy that they constantly kept the communication up and managed to survive the long term relationship and become an even better couple somehow, even marrying each other with a kid with those LINE conversations being perfect in showing how their relationship progressed over time once they moved to different places and grew up. Wonderful anime. Gonna miss this so much, but until the next time.
Dec 9, 2020 12:17 PM

Oct 2016
Aww come on, what was that ending...?

I mean, it's good to know that Kotarou and Akane will end up together, but... it feels like they just went lazy there. It would be so much better if they animated a 2nd season showing their lifes in high school and beyond, instead of making that 2-3 minute timeskip.

Still, that doesn't change the fact that the anime was a amazing schoolar romance/slice of life, I hope I can find more animes like this one to watch.
Dec 16, 2020 10:48 AM

Jun 2017
I needed that wholesome dose of romance after seeing so many cliched dramas or stories where the couple confess at the end of the series. 9.5/10.
Dec 16, 2020 7:00 PM
May 2017
Such a pure and innocent romance, quite realistic too. Though it would have been better if the timeskips were instead used as material for a second season. CGI is distracting at times also but the story easily makes up for it. Other than that, it's such a cute and wholesome series. Easily my favorite.

10/10
Dec 20, 2020 11:18 PM
Nov 2020
The final was so beautiful and it almost had me in tears, When our boy, Azumi ran the next town down just for Akane, and then that part when he yelled “I Love You” and she read the final sentence of his story that part really got me I was really apart to cry. Man don’t let me get started on the credit and the end credit scene that was the was the second most beautiful final scene of an anime that I have ever seen(The first one is Clannad-After Story), the credit scene how everything turned for them and then the end credit scene when showed Azumi and Akane holding their child and they had, Then zoomed into their wedding rings I literally cried at that part. Tsuki ga Kirei is the beautiful anime I have ever seen. I have give it a 100/10
Jan 22, 2021 11:06 AM
Jan 2021
100/10

The best romcom anime i’ve watch heart warming the drama is not to over,the animation,The BGM is the best No harem No Tsundere No big oppai just a pure romance story the hardship of relationship

from the first untill this last episode the creator of this anime made it perfectly there is no moment that i found boring the comedy is also funny and there is many supporting couple too and at the least minute there is some short comedy scene about the supporting relationship its so funny
The girls character also created almost like in reality you know what i mean not like other anime that its too perfect to be true

I wish there is more anime that same like Tsuki ga kirei beautiful bgm character plot etc not depend on big oppai or tsundere just pure romcom story
Jan 24, 2021 11:59 PM

Oct 2020
A solid 8/10.

I'm a huge sucker for roman SoL shows and this show had a very refreshing take. Normally, the ending would have gone the other way. That's a pattern I've seen in most shows which aren't shoujo. I was a bit worried they would go for the most obvious conclusion - but they didn't unlike the anime movie

and many others. I love open-ended and bittersweet conclusions too especially cause they're very relatable and more common in the real world, Tsuki Ga Kirei's ending isn't impossible either, although quite rare. I'm glad it went for the hopeful route! After all, anime can sometimes be the medium we use to escape inevitable IRL things~

Feb 14, 2021 3:55 AM

Feb 2020
It was a really good anime. It was a well made story was heartwarming and enjoyable. The usage of line(chat) and the shorts at the end of episodes were really great. But story itself was pretty generic (nothing new per say). And the background art were not that good.
Overall I still loved it.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 24, 2021 6:29 AM
May 2020
Beautiful ending. 9/10 for me. I am a little bit disappointed because Sensei x Roman relationships didn't conclude. I want see them together so much!
Mar 7, 2021 12:13 AM

May 2016
So the animation was abominable in this and colors were weird but it was good. Akane with her plush was mega ultra cute.

Although I wish they made episode 13 of the slideshow they had at the end of them texting each other and years pass and they married and have a kid etc. Would have been better if a whole episode dedicated to that.
Mar 16, 2021 3:22 AM
Mar 2021
This will always have the closest spot to my heart. The execution was fucking amazing and awesome. This is the best romance anime I've ever seen in my boring 14 years of life. It has an happy ending nevertheless the anime never fails to leave me wanting more. I just finished watching this. I right off cried when the lead shouted "I love you" at the train akane was aboard. I'm so glad i came across this anime.
Mar 16, 2021 3:37 AM
Mar 2021
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
So the animation was abominable in this and colors were weird but it was good. Akane with her plush was mega ultra cute.

Although I wish they made episode 13 of the slideshow they had at the end of them texting each other and years pass and they married and have a kid etc. Would have been better if a whole episode dedicated to that.
I agree with you on the bad animation. There's a frequent use of CGI. The background characters sometimes are unnecessary. They could've just diminished the background characters because it's annoying sometimes that they aren't substantially animated.
Mar 17, 2021 7:47 PM

Jul 2019
So it ended...last scene left me with tears such a beautiful ending.
'To think someone i loved would love me back...
I thought it must have been a miracle'.
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

98 by KamiKazee »»
Aug 10, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

160 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

195 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 3, 5:37 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

177 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 2, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

180 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 1, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.