Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, teens these days...

Well I'm glad that Akane and Koutarou are still connecting as a couple.
Akane gives him another gift as well and I'm not surprised. That's just how kind she is. Also another kiss!

I wonder what kind of future they'll have especially on Koutarou's side though. He's still got a lot to build up to becoming an adult.
Jun 22, 2017 9:23 AM

Apr 2010
Heavy episode but things worked out in the end.
It was a surprise for his mother but somehow it's good to see that she accepted it.
I can understand her tho having your child go of the some far away school isn't easy he will have to take care of himself as well.
And chasing after a girl can backfire if the relationship comes to an end or something like that.
Jun 22, 2017 10:43 AM
Feb 2017
someone should post all the text messages translated
Jun 22, 2017 10:49 AM
Jun 2017
A great episode , even though I expect things turn out to be this way , nice to see the kiss scene again . I cant wait to see the finale episode of this love story. Hopefully they would stick together as lover or probably even getting married and have kids. This is definitely my AOTS for sure.
Jun 22, 2017 11:16 AM

Apr 2008
azaria93 said:
where are you guys watching it already? O.o

I watched it raw as Crunchyroll is delayed again to later in the day. I couldn't wait.

That said this was another great episode. I love this series so much and am sad to see it end. The next week of waiting will be killer. I just hope for a happy ending so this series can be a perfect 10 from me. I would also love another season with these characters as they go through high school or college. They are just so awesome.
Jun 22, 2017 12:55 PM
Jul 2012
I swear I need a continuation series for when they are in high school. Akane and Kotarou have tons of potential for growth as characters and as a couple. But anyways Kotarou mom was glad that Kotarou was taking things seriously for once but her reaction when she found out why was as expected. Lol that gift was a little too long but I wouldn't be surprised if they both wear it next episode together.
Jun 22, 2017 12:58 PM
Jan 2015
I, too, couldn't wait so I watched the raws. Even though my comprehension of Japanese is about as useful as trying to find a needle in a haystack, it was quite apparent that this was quite an emotionally taxing episode.

Jun 22, 2017 4:59 PM
May 2016
I just finished the simulcast on Crunchyroll, it's difficult to have to wait another week before the last episode.

For all that, it was a very good episode again. I love this anime, I would like so much a season 2 ... I hope we will have a beautiful end. I highly recommend the anime.
Jun 22, 2017 5:10 PM

Jan 2015
Another great episode. Kotarou and Akane's moment was pretty cute as always. I loved the kiss followed by a hug, I smiled like a little kid.

Sometimes we don't understand our parents, and we think they hate us or whatever, but in the end everything they do in life is for our sake, they just want us to be the happiest. It must be hard on Kotarou's mother as well, she just wants her son to do well. Kotarou, you can do it! You gave it your all and I'm sure you're going to pass the exam.

Next episode is the last, of what came to be my favorite anime this season and one of my favorite ever. I really hope we have a beautiful, sweet and heartwarming ending. There's a lot of different possibilities, passing the exam, not passing, her not moving and all that. Whichever it may be, I'm sure it will be a happy one.

Jun 22, 2017 5:16 PM

Mar 2009
if this motherfucker doesn't pass this test i swear to fucking god
Jun 22, 2017 5:28 PM
Jan 2015
It will be a very hard pill to swallow if Kotarou does not pass the entrance exam to Koumei Private High school, which we won't know until next week, the final episode. If he does not pass, it might spell doom for his relationship with Akane. Long distance relationships can work, even in the fictional world of anime and manga, but they are more likely to fail if the parties are not 100% committed to each other and the relationship.

That said, the preview text for episode 12, already on mxtv, seems to either be trolling the audience (again), or explicitly stating that the relationship is practically doomed (not my translation):
Jun 22, 2017 5:29 PM

Jan 2013
Good build up episode, the final may just be amazing and tragic.
Jun 22, 2017 5:32 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fuck, that made me cry.

Appreciate your parents, everyone. Especially your mom's, they might be naggy, but they care for your well-being. Ah fuck, that hit so close to home.

I might give this show a 10/10 if the ending also hits.

ufufufu said:
if this motherfucker doesn't pass this test i swear to fucking god

If that happens and they let go of each other, imma be depressed for a week or so, i swear to god.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
AlfyanJun 22, 2017 6:17 PM
Jun 22, 2017 6:06 PM

Feb 2015
I'd like to think that this last hurdle will be resolved smoothly like pretty much every other conflict in this show, but maybe they're just trying to make us complacent at this point. Welp, either way there's nothing to do but wait.
Jun 22, 2017 6:14 PM

Jun 2013
Amazing episode as always!!!
Im hyped but nervous for the final episode!
I hope he passes!!!
Jun 22, 2017 6:36 PM

Jan 2016
Please for fucks sake don't let this be a tragic moment. Sweet episode and it's great how Kotarou is trying so hard. The blue scarf really fits him.

BUT PLEASE LET HIM PASS AND THEN FAST FORWARD 10 YEARS WHEN THEY GET MARRIED. DO THIS OR WE RIOT
Jun 22, 2017 6:43 PM

Nov 2016
Very nice episode again. The present exchange was so cute.

And I'm glad that Kotarou got the support from his parents after all, I wish that things will turn out well for him in the end.

But I have also the feeling that Akanes sis did some unintentional foreshadowing there, about that they won't be together their whole life.
Have to wait for the last episode to see how things will turn out.

Good luck for the entrance exam Kou.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 22, 2017 7:02 PM

Jun 2013
sakamoto-kun said:
Very nice episode again. The present exchange was so cute.

And I'm glad that Kotarou got the support from his parents after all, I wish that things will turn out well for him in the end.

But I have also the feeling that Akanes sis did some unintentional foreshadowing there, about that they won't be together their whole life.
Have to wait for the last episode to see how things will turn out.

Good luck for the entrance exam Kou.

Nope! Bad! Sit in the corner and think about what you've said!
They will always be together, i will accept nothing else!
Jun 22, 2017 7:09 PM

Nov 2016
SakurasouBusters said:
Nope! Bad! Sit in the corner and think about what you've said!
They will always be together, i will accept nothing else!

sry I bit my tongue

I wish for a happy end like everyone else, but we shouldn't exclude the possibility of a bittersweet one , which wouldn't be too bad either.

But I guess this show will most likely get a nice one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 22, 2017 7:16 PM

Dec 2014
with one episode to go I am still expecting something out of the box...really liked the vibe this episode
Jun 22, 2017 7:18 PM

Jun 2015
Kotarou had a fight with his parents because he's going to a different school. In the end, I'm glad they are supporting him. His present exchange with Akane was so cute, so was their kiss. I wish him luck with his exams.
Jun 22, 2017 8:00 PM
Aug 2014
I don't know if he is going to pass, but Kotarou has balls as big as Erwin's (Shingeki no Kyojin).
Jun 22, 2017 8:03 PM

Oct 2016
If there's one thing my heart can't tolerate more than a tragic ending it's a bittersweet one. God, I sure hope Kotarou passes.

On a side note I'm currently suffering from withdrawal symptoms due to the lack of aftercredit scenes. Where's my weekly Ryoko-sensei and Kaneko and Setsuko?
Jun 22, 2017 8:17 PM

Aug 2013
Smudy said:
Fuck, that made me cry.

Appreciate your parents, everyone. Especially your mom's, they might be naggy, but they care for your well-being. Ah fuck, that hit so close to home.

Well said. I almost cried seeing how hard his mother was supporting him. Kotarou manage to realise it. His father was great as well.

Both Kotarou and Akane are trying so hard. Akane efforts managed to payoff. All that's left is for Kotarou to pass. He needs to pass this.

Those present exchange was so cute. And that kiss. Akane spent a lot of effort knitting that scarf. They are a natural couple. Kotarou also has great friends. Love the way they joke about his relationship.

sakamoto-kun said:

Hope that doesn't happen. My heart won't be able to take it. If it does I'll be depressed for weeks.

One more episode to go. I'm going to miss this show. Depending on the ending, I might give this a 10/10. Also, no after credit scenes. I miss those. I want more Ryouko-Sensei X Roman.

Jun 22, 2017 8:18 PM

Dec 2014
Beautiful episode.

The Christmas date was so adorable, Akane blushing after giving the scarf was so cute. <3

Lovely how despite the initial conflict, Kotarou's parents eventually supported him wholeheartedly especially when his father told him, it's fine if he applies to Koumei. The parts where his Mom stayed up late to give him food and stuff was really sweet, the final scene as well where they send Kotarou off to the exam was also pretty emotional, very relatable. Even got me a little nostalgic remembering all the times I studied for my final high school exams. As @Smudy says, appreciate your parents. :)

Kotarou my man, you better pass this. A bittersweet ending is gonna leave me heartbroken.
Jun 22, 2017 8:20 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I thought this was the finale for a second there but I'm glad that it wasn't.....I dunno if can take all this suspense though >.< I REALLY hope that he passes but I feel like he won't :(
Jun 22, 2017 8:21 PM

Oct 2015
Oh man another kiss, followed by a hug! Kotarou you better be pass the exam! I'm really really going to miss this series. It's the best romance anime ever. I hope we can get a series like this in the future. This better not be in end in a bittersweet ending or I be furious. I'm hoping for a S2 in high school
Jun 22, 2017 8:27 PM
Mar 2015
Loved how his mom fought for him and encouraged him
Jun 22, 2017 8:54 PM

Apr 2014
Through times when watching episodes like this. Makes me appreciate how freaking thankful to be for a lot of things.
Jun 22, 2017 9:01 PM

Oct 2010
The sister said exactly what I usually think when I watch middle school/high school anime romance anime. Chances are just so low...but this couple is the best. So perfect for each other.

Insert song was a cover(of course, performed by Nao Touyama) of "Mirai e" (未来へ) by Kiroro. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5izGB3Aq1sg best video I can find of it.

This show HAS to end happy. I'm on that "maybe a 10" train as well, if it ends happily. Would really kill for a "10 years later" thing too. Studio Feel has to realize that if they make this a sad ending it will only be bad for them lol
Jun 22, 2017 9:06 PM

Jun 2010
I know this is anime and anything can happen so they "staying together forever" might as well come true but I'm glad people are actually telling them reality doesn't work like that. Yes, they're in love but they're like what 15? And staying together forever is like 90% not a sure thing. But we'll see.
Jun 22, 2017 9:10 PM

Feb 2015
God you know you're getting old when you're worried about them going to the same school because of such a young relationship.

Good luck kid, I hope you make it through, your exams, and to marriage.
Jun 22, 2017 9:11 PM
Jun 2015
[/quote]

With the way how this anime keeps baiting our expectations that they solve literally every conflict at the exact same episode, i think that Koutarou literally doesn't make it, but koumei decides to accept him at the end. But i felt like that was a rather "weak?" ending just to create emotional tears from the audience (and a little bit cliche though I'm not sure about it)

Or i can see that Koutarou makes it but his family isn't moving to Chiba (Since its a 2 hour train and they only meet at school) or they can be referring to that.

But for me, it still feels like Koutarou won't pass seems like high time for me. I wonder how will this anime chooses.
Jun 22, 2017 9:18 PM

Oct 2010
uchimaki131 said:

Or i can see that Koutarou makes it but his family isn't moving to Chiba (Since its a 2 hour train and they only meet at school) or they can be referring to that.

But for me, it still feels like Koutarou won't pass seems like high time for me. I wonder how will this anime chooses.

They could make any ending work as long as there's a flash forward showing them living happily ever after >.>

Edit: I didn't view the sister's statement as a "Break-up flag" like other people have. If anything, she was solidifying just how strong her love is. I read it as the show trying to reinforce the idea that their relationship is stronger than normal middle school relationships.
KougeruJun 22, 2017 9:36 PM
Jun 22, 2017 9:31 PM

Aug 2013
next is last episode but break-up flag is raised

PLS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

anyway, really great episode
seeing the interaction between Koutarou and his mom is heartwarming
especially that midnight snack scene, I all most teared up because the insert song.. DAMN YOU TOUYAMA NAO
Jun 22, 2017 9:45 PM
Nov 2016
Hmm will it go for the realistic route or the romance fantasy one? I'd be fine with both, depends on how they handle it. Based on what happened and the style I expect a separation but who knows.
Jun 22, 2017 9:54 PM
Nov 2016
Laurine_Andersen said:
I know this is anime and anything can happen so they "staying together forever" might as well come true but I'm glad people are actually telling them reality doesn't work like that. Yes, they're in love but they're like what 15? And staying together forever is like 90% not a sure thing. But we'll see.

90%? You're nice of everyone I've known, none of the relationships from middle school or even early high school were able to hold till adulthood. Late Highschool is very rare but not non-existant, only college onwards do you see the stats rise.
Jun 22, 2017 10:06 PM

Sep 2013
5 centimeter per second here we go.
Jun 22, 2017 10:39 PM
Feb 2013
I'm fine with long distance relationship as long as they don't break up. Even if they are far apart they still have LINE and they can meet at the holiday. Studio feel please don't let's them break up pretty pleaseeeee.
Jun 22, 2017 10:43 PM
Jun 2017
Given how the series goes out , I am pretty sure that the last episode will be a happy one . Pulling out a bitter sweet or a sad ending just not fit by how the stories goes by far. And besides , sad ending just make the whole stories and development worthless . Well , lets just see how it ends .
Jun 22, 2017 10:49 PM

Mar 2016
:) I love when they kiss! It great and emotional!!!!!!!!

Lesson I learned from this episode!!!' Mama always comes through!
UrbanJahtsJun 23, 2017 12:28 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2017 11:07 PM

Jun 2013
Lshalo said:
Laurine_Andersen said:

90%? You're nice of everyone I've known, none of the relationships from middle school or even early high school were able to hold till adulthood. Late Highschool is very rare but not non-existant, only college onwards do you see the stats rise.

Its rare, but it does happen.... my parents being an example.... and its clear that they are more mature than average so.
Jun 22, 2017 11:15 PM

Aug 2015
Samasama said:
Given how the series goes out , I am pretty sure that the last episode will be a happy one . Pulling out a bitter sweet or a sad ending just not fit by how the stories goes by far. And besides , sad ending just make the whole stories and development worthless . Well , lets just see how it ends .

I 100% agree with you
Jun 22, 2017 11:24 PM
Aug 2016
Yautja said:
God you know you're getting old when you're worried about them going to the same school because of such a young relationship.

Good luck kid, I hope you make it through, your exams, and to marriage.

IKR! this episode (though the focus is on parent-child relationship) made me say "guys you're still on middle school!!!" still, I keep cheering on them. But this feeling about they broke up is haunting me...i hope for the best...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2017 12:15 AM

Jan 2014
what a beautiful episode. that's a mother for you, even if she's naggy she actually worried about you. appreciate your parents guys, they looking after you, attend you, foster you from you were born until you become an adult. wonderful episode! 10/10.
Jun 23, 2017 12:20 AM

Jan 2017
the slice of life on this one is so strong. mom is a strongest person in the world.

their conversation on the phone getting awkward by each episode, not for them but for us reading it. lol
what happen if Kotarou did not make it, which is most likely or realistically to happen. akane's sister was right, going to school together just because of relationship, total bs but I respect the determination and final episode for the real answer, smh.
I'm more interest into what he is going to do for his light novel career.

*******#####
Someone can tell me the soundtrack at final scene? sound familiar or rather nostalgic but I cannot guess the song.
Jun 23, 2017 12:24 AM
May 2017
Another decent episode with another kiss scene.
Jun 23, 2017 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
Haven't said my thoughts but so far this series is really making me tempt to give it an 8, well when the series ends next week I need to process my thoughts.

Kinda funny how things or situations were going on getting resolved rather quickly, if you ask me. While I don't think it is bad its pretty nice to do it and all.

Also I really ship the main duo so much that having them go on a far-away distance or probably a break up would be a bad move for the series' end because I think it means it essentially built up the relationship and the character dynamic for nothing more than for cock teasing.

I hope even if it goes to that direction at least in some sense to have some way to where it doesn't feel like a blatant one. I guess. Hope its not the case but if it is I don't want it to become a blatant one in the end, more a bit vague if anything.
Jun 23, 2017 12:46 AM

Oct 2012
Really cute and tense episode. It was nice seeing Kotarou working hard and Akane supporting him.
Glad Kotarou also reached an understanding with his parents. They do a lot for us kids, and the simple thanks from Kotarou was very satisfying.

While short, the Christmas portion was really sweet and charming, seeing just how lovely their affection for each other is. I am scared however. The show has always come back to any foreshadowed or implied ideas and scenarios, and the warning from Akane's sister has yet to be addressed.

Please God of anime just let them have a happy ending, my frail heart can't take much more
gust11Jun 23, 2017 12:49 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 23, 2017 1:44 AM

Jun 2013
Akane's sister is right, once they go to the same school, theyre gunna be stuck there, kami forbid they break up.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

622 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 15, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

228 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 11, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

248 by _GLADIATOR »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:27 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.