Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 17, 2021 12:40 PM

Nov 2012
Hercules should be on humanity’s side. He despised the gods, especially his father, Zeus, for not stopping Hera from killing his wife & children.

I’m still mad that Adam lost. Otou-san :(
Aug 21, 2021 11:36 AM

Jan 2021
So glad Kojiro won. Now humans have a glimmer of hope for the next victory!

The next fight is between Hercules and Jack the Ripper.. it will be interesting because Jack the Ripper was an famous serial killer...

Aug 24, 2021 8:28 PM

Jul 2016
And against all odds, Sasaki ended up giving mankind their first victory. Good old "Nakama" power never disappoints, it seems.

Pretty mediocre series overall. Given the structure of its narrative, the fights should have been the strongest point here yet it was the aspect the studio least effort put into. Below average animation, lots of pauses between attacks, practically zero choreography, awfully placed flashbacks, etc.
And as for story, it was weak, boring and kinda ridiculous at times. Personally, Adam's backstory being retold in such a lame way was probably the worst thing this series did.

5/10 - Only remarkable aspects being Brunhilde's amusing character, the hype OST and the overall character designs.
Aug 27, 2021 2:06 AM

May 2015
I feel like the author made Sasaki win just because he was a Japanese swordman representing all Japanese samurai. Adam deserved it more.

6/10 when I heard Graphinica was doing the adaptation I thought the quality would be like Juni Taisen, Netflix needs to spend more or we will continue getting more PowerPoint presentations. It's like they are getting used to it.
Aug 29, 2021 12:40 PM

Dec 2016
ripperologists bout to be turning over in their fucking graves
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Aug 29, 2021 10:31 PM

Sep 2019
Yeah, I don't know, I'm clearly on the minority here, but I enjoyed the hell out of this show. Probably because I didn't read the manga, but the whole think felt refreshing and exciting to me. 8/10.
Soy gitana, canasteraaa.
Sep 27, 2021 6:16 PM

Sep 2013
Okay, the setting is kinda absurd but I somehow enjoyed the show a bit, enough to make me want to watch S2 for next battles.

PS: It would be more fun if they brought Kratos into the tournament though.
Nov 8, 2021 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
I would've given it around 6/10 if I saw the animated version first, without any context. After reading the manga, I wanted to see the reason of the uproar I witnessed and damn, the salty comments were right.
I experienced more movement in those black and white pictures than this PowerPoint abomination with some occasional 2 repeated keyframe "fast action" cuts which should have been extinct since the 90's.
Brünhilde is so gorgeous in the manga while here she looks like a legit transvestite.
My final score is 4/10, it could have been so much more if the adaptation was made by a better studio.
menpeNov 8, 2021 1:48 PM
Dec 13, 2021 8:48 PM

Oct 2013
Bah, Poseidon loathed humans, but he must've forgotten how he wanted to dethrone Zeus, according to the Greek mythology, lol.

Very good episode. It was great to see humanity's champion to win, especially in such style, by combining all styles that Sasaki Kojiro had learned over his life, and by slaying Poseidon with a move that once had ended Kojiro's life.

I didn't expect this anime to be that entertaining. Visuals were really good (I'm a fan of static images with a lot of details), even though animation was only okay. Music and voice acting (I watched the show with English dubbing) were top-tier. They have created an awesome atmosphere with music fitting into the mood of a certain scene, and voice actors doing perfect job in voicing every character.

I'm glad that the second season has been announced. I will surely watch it!
Dec 17, 2021 1:04 PM

Mar 2015
I had low expectations, but I still got disappointed and amazed by how shit this turned out to be.
The animation isn't even the biggest problem here. I was more annoyed by the the pacing, the exposition and the one note personalities. some bits were ok but the direction is very bad overall.
It would have really helped if the fights had some build up.

AnchientProphet2 said:
But this show...its too Japanese for its own good...and ITS NETFLIX MADE!

Sums it up pretty well.

an unfunny parody of history, mythology, and battle shounen tournament arcs.
5/10
Character designs are good at least.
Dec 18, 2021 6:54 PM
May 2014
Best fight/episode so far. Got me pumped when Sasaki finally got results and they showed him using all the other swordsman styles.
Dec 20, 2021 2:05 PM

Mar 2021
Shit I actually really enjoyed that final fight definitely better than the other two although I found Adams ability the most interesting. I hate to say it but I want to watch Jack the Ripper v Hercules fight around the streets of London. I might give the manga a shot because this animation is not it. I’ll give this a 5/10 it should really be a 4 since it was bad but at the end of the day I want to watch more for some bizarre reason.
Jan 11, 2022 1:54 AM

Nov 2019
I didn't expect Kojiro to win but that's because of how much plot armor he had and how unguarded Poseidon was against him.

To me there was a solid 3-4 episodes worth of actual meaningrful content out of this 12 episode first season. I really enjoyed the Adam fight since it wasn't just slashes dealt in the beginning. Although it did fall apart with all this miracle, not using my full power BS.

Poseidon's loss was deserved but judging the amount of progress it took to get up to this conclusion, it seems like we're going to have 4+ seasons. Hoping we don't see that Valkyrie assistant shounen girl ever again though.
Apr 17, 2022 3:36 AM

Jan 2014
a little bit dissapointment to know that Sasaki get to win while Adam didn't. the role should be reversed.

but the cliffhanger actually nice, I'd like to see how Jack The Ripper fight his way against Hercules.
Sep 17, 2022 11:12 PM
Jun 2013
Dam good final episode and fight. The last fight was close for humans to win and If felt good for a god to finally lose. It also seems Poseidon was an ass till the end lol. I will be honest though I rather Adam would've won his fight but like I said it was against Zeus so that wasn't happening though at least its clear Adam did beat the shit out of him. I thought this show was going to suck going by the reaction I saw but it was fun and I look forward to season 2.
Oct 9, 2022 7:09 PM

Jan 2015
There were definitely like, a dozen really great screenshot moments, however I was too busy enjoying the glory for screenshotting them, haha. I was almost sure if he won, he'd finish off Poseidon that way. Lovely. Really awesome last episodes! So happy we didn't have to have Kojiro die after the fight, that would've been upsetting. Honestly this fight really upped the quality of the series which I was already liking a lot. Pacing has issues, whatever, whatever, I think the structure is really strong though and the characters are awesome. I might even check out the manga however I'll wait for the second season before witnessing Jack. I knew when the foggy London was showing up, who it'd be. Also Hercules, cool. Maybe less cool compared to Fate Heracles, hahaha, but nah, I jest, comparing the two is probably why a lot of people dislike this, they're very different series in goals of stories.
Cheering on evil when the second season starts, huh, should be fun! Glad it shouldn't be a huge wait.
Seeing Kojiro happily cheered on, pushing forward despite how deep things go, is awesome.
Seeing him reach the absolute depth of swordsmanship or simply reaching the peek of skill in battle itself, was a whole 'nother level of greatness. Seriously, jawdroppingly huge. Love this character.
But yeah, you know the term ugly cry? Is there a term called ugly smile? Cause that was me during this victory, smiling like I've witnessed bliss. Had a whole bunch of different emotions going through, lots of celebrating as well.
9/10 arc. 7/10 season.
Big thumbs up!
Nov 26, 2022 2:49 PM
Aug 2021
Brunnhilde is bad af can’t wait for season 2
Dec 13, 2022 8:14 AM

Oct 2009
Not the best animation. But i enjoyed the wild ride brudda. The Adam 🍎 fight was my fave by far. Absolutely epic my brudda 😎
Dec 27, 2022 9:56 AM
Aug 2016
not even "animation adaptation" only "drawing adaptation" nothing but a slideshow trash.
Jan 7, 2023 4:46 AM
Jul 2021
its good but the manga is better
Jan 19, 2023 12:17 AM

Oct 2015
Ho... Sasaki Kojiro won. Finally, a god was slain. And it was Poseidon - THE POSEIDON!

I continued the series after Adam died because I found Sasaki's character interesting. I liked him a lot. And I had a feeling that he would win, only I couldn't imagine Poseidon losing. Well! Glad I kept watching! Sasaki won! :D (And I love Hrist! XD)

Greatest flaw of this anime is animation (and pacing) imo. It's just a shame cause with an anime that centers around fighting, its animation was lacking so much. I'm not an animation sucker kind of fan, but I was just thinking that this anime would've been really amazing with top-tier animation. I'm guessing it would've gathered more attention as well. Well. That's a shame.

Before I end, JACK THE RIPPER! Tbh when they modified the arena to London, I thought Jack would be the human's representative, but still got surprised when he got introduced lol. I mean, he was a serial killer!

On the other hand, my jaw dropped when the gods had Hercules. HERCULES, son of Zeus. I like this demi-god! I like him in the Disney adaptation! I like him as The Rock-

But I think I'm still gonna cheer for Jack anyway just because I like his character design more! XD

Hermes having a secret conversation with Brunhilde. Hoping he would side with humans somehow! Let's see!

Giving this anime 6/10 but it was a nice watch.

edit: Saw comments here and... well yeah. Poseidon was too powerful so it was like a plot armor that he lost. But what satisfied me is that Sasaki Kojiro has trained all his life until even after death. Poseidon did not. He was made powerful. "Talent is born, not created" is a huge lie. I believe that people are born with gifts, but gifts are honed by people throughout their lives. Poseidon as far as they showed it did not dedicate any time training. He didn't need it. So, even if it was a plot armor, I respect that thought.
RedfoxAkameJan 19, 2023 12:32 AM
   HuaLian <3
Feb 1, 2023 4:45 PM

Mar 2010
Next fight feels like a FGO battle. But the samurai and fish fight felt.. very anticlimatic esp how all the other fights were. It just didn't feel like water god didn't even show all his cards.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 13, 2023 3:30 PM
Mar 2018
finally, humanity won i really felt like the gods have it rigged in their favor like humanity barely made it out against Poseidon
Feb 17, 2023 5:03 AM
Jan 2023
great fights great characters
Feb 20, 2023 2:37 AM
Jun 2020
fuckin love it great ending

Feb 23, 2023 12:31 AM
Jul 2021
Nothing to write about, the animation was dreadful, but everything else, pure insanity. Plus you get educated on some facts & legends from a couple of civilization of around the world. 

All in all not a bad experience, turn off your brain and just enjoy the madness of fights between humans and gods.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Apr 16, 2023 11:56 PM
Jan 2023
very lovely anime ❤️
Apr 23, 2023 7:20 AM
Feb 2022
nice awesome lovely recommended
Jun 14, 2023 7:07 PM
Dec 2022
mad good ngl, hella underated
Jun 30, 2023 6:10 PM
Oct 2021
great fight set up next season well
Jul 12, 2023 5:30 AM

Aug 2012
This is the most underrated and overhated anime I've seen in my life.
And I've watched quite a lot of anime.
Yea the animation is'nt great, but aside from that everything else is amazing.
Jul 19, 2023 9:17 PM
Mar 2021
watched with my bro alexis
Jul 28, 2023 1:13 PM
Sep 2022
very very very nice anime sugoi
Aug 15, 2023 7:21 PM
Jul 2011
This series has a very fun concept but the anime adaptation execution leaves a lot to be desired, that said the foundation is so interesting it felt worth sticking it out to the end regardless. All the cliches and memes of a old battle shounen is presented here but amped up to 100, lots of stills used for action scenes, rapid flailing yet more rigid poses for other attacks, lots of talking after every significant attack, flashbacks to build sympathy but put in awkward places to makes pacing feel sluggish, etc.

Even with all that said I couldn't help but still get hype for mankind's champions, unfortunate for Lu bu and Adam (incredibly BS lost btw) but Kojiro finally getting a W for mankind was great.

Goll is kind of annoying but I guess with her Brunn wouldn't be saying as much otherwise? There had to be a better way to create some interaction with Brunn than what we got with Goll though.
Oct 14, 2023 9:32 AM

Jan 2020
Welp, guess Kojiro is not the biggest loser anymore now that he humbled one of the most arrogant god in the show....
Oct 27, 2023 12:50 AM

Aug 2021
The greatest loser finally getting a win in the getting battle for mankind, pretty predictable, honestly speaking.

Still, I very much enjoyed the fight towards the end, especially this last episode.
Nov 15, 2023 6:30 AM
Nov 2023
mt ruimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Nov 29, 2023 2:07 AM
Jun 2023
amazing writing very nice
Feb 4, 4:59 AM

Jul 2013
Not fair, they didn't give Poseidon a flashback that would power him up lol. Anyway, why Jack the Ripper? Mf killed people when he was alive, now that he's long dead, what if he throws the fight?

7. Ridiculous and kinda takes itself too seriously. But fun to watch
Feb 15, 3:53 PM
Aug 2021
what a finisher from Sasaki
May 7, 12:22 PM
Apr 2024
It's a nice series.
May 15, 7:57 PM

Jul 2022
Will never watch the anime, saw the spoilers been there, done that

Sep 12, 2:29 PM
Mar 2022
Kojiro is pro loser that was an op victory xD
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 8 Discussion

anime-prime - Jun 17, 2021

40 by HarshaAnimeFan15 »»
Jul 16, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 7 Discussion

31 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 6 Discussion

39 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 5 Discussion

33 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 3 Discussion

32 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 3:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.