Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (43) « First ... « 40 41 [42] 43 »
Mar 31, 2015 4:32 PM
Mar 2015
I came here just to spew my hate for season 1 ending. I m fine with characters dying in anime. But 11 episodes and 8/9 part of the 12 episode was just fine , writer did not kill anyone relevant, and then BAM 2 he kills 2 characters, F*** you **** p**** of s***, he forgot to take his meds that day when he wrote the episode, god dam*t, go suck George Martins balls, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAA
Apr 19, 2015 12:57 PM

Nov 2010
Princess:: "After this war is over, can we still be friends?" [something like that]
Inaho:: "..."
Me:: If you live.

War is over. Princess gets shot, Inaho gets shot. They both die. Me :: (0_0)

Got to stop saying stuff like that. HA HA. ....damn.

At---at least my third favorite character is still alive and well.

Onto the next season.``
Apr 26, 2015 3:31 AM

Jan 2012
yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo

dat's not cool

slaine wtf is wrong with you bro?

goddammit
Apr 28, 2015 12:55 AM

Jun 2012
I don't dislike anybody in this show, so it's not out of hate, but
I don't think Slaine himself even knew what he was doing lol, like he didn't know who to save or something. Well, at least I couldn't understand his logic.

So 2/3 MCs are dead in the last five minutes. Much death, such timing, wow.
Well at least Inko is still alive now I'm looking forward to S2 a little more.

May 2, 2015 3:46 PM

Oct 2014
Welp.
No wtf seriously. Both dead. Real?

Overall I thought that this show was good, I was expecting it to be more of a singular fight. Like Inaho vs Slaine or something like that. More similar to CG where lelouch was against his brothers/sisters.
But this was fine too. I guess

7/10 final.

Of to s2
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2015 3:11 PM

Dec 2014
I don't like mecha. When I see that anime contains this robots/machines I give up watching it immediately (Code Geass is an exception). But I wanted to watch this, because I've heard the ending song (aLIEz) and kinda fell in love with it (funny reason, I know). And truthfully I was really surprised at first that the rating is somewhat low in all the reviews, because I liked the show to a certain point. As I've been gradually becoming disappointed, I still hoped that maybe it will turn better. Maybe they will not f*ck this up completely. But they did.

First some positives. The best thing of this show is its soundtrack. I especially like both endings. And background music is really good. 8/10

Next is art. I couldn't care less about all this military stuff, so I'm not going to write about it. The rest is fine, I think. Nothing special. 6/10 (And honorable mention - there is barely any fanservice, and for this I give my blessings)

Now characters. Starting from positives - I really like Inaho. I like that he is expressionless, calculative, always calm and highly intelligent. I don't need yet another hot blooded, always brawling MC. Asseylum is ok, I guess. Maybe I've could like her, but she is always accompanied by this irritating maid. So I feel neutral about her. Other characters are nothing special, rather bland. We don't get to get them know. They are just a background. What irks me about them is that they act irrational. Example: there is princess of enemy nation among refugees, yet no one blames her, attempt to hurt her etc.. Heck, there is even a scene, when 2 little girls out of the blue give her paper cranes. Basically the only role the crowd has is either to be happy or sad and scared, as to assure us that the scene is supposed to be happy or tragic. There is also Rayet, whose behaviour is so irrational it made me laugh. This assassination attempt and her reasoning were plainly stupid and unnecessary. But I guess I'm also neutral about her. Then there is Slaine... At first I liked him. His loyalty and determination were praiseworthy. And then sh*t happened. I have seriously no idea why he's become so aberrant. WTF? Did they burn his brain cells while he was tortured? Like half of his brain cells? I think that is the only explanation. He can kill the traitor countless times but no. He hates him but is worried about him, saves him, then shoot him countless time with rage for killing the princess but he of course misses. And then count want him to kill him and he cannot. He shoot Inaho instead. F*ck, I'm done. 4/10 (higher because I like Inaho, also princess isn't vulnerable crybaby)

Plot: nothing ambitious. War started, people fought, some died. Nothing was resolved. The ending is a cliffhanger: two of main characters are mortally wounded, but will probably be miraculously revived in the 2nd season. Which is ridiculous because no explanation can convince me that they survived f*cking headshots. The last ridiculous thing I want to point out is this out of the blue romance (between Inaho and Asseylum fyi, because if I understand correctly it was implied in the last ep). I can't find exact words, but I've read perfect comment for this situation: If the pair have to kiss for people to know they are in love - you are doing it wrong. 3/10

And that is all I think. Overall rating: 5/10. I'm going to watch 2nd season because I'm curious how it will end. Also Inaho and soundtrack. It'll probably be more frustrating that 1st season, so I have to brace myself.
Jun 21, 2015 6:14 AM

Dec 2011
AJWilliams said:
Fucking Slaine........
You just said that
KamiCity said:
raidenwarrior said:

Besides, this cliffhanger feels terribly artificial thanks to the staff's making Slaine save the villain out of no reason, as if they did this just for the sake of prolonging this anime series.

There is no sake of prolonging a series that was stated from the beginning that it was going to be 2 cour. It was used to get people talking and anticipating the next half, which worked remarkably well if you think about it. Even if people hated the cliffhanger, even if they complain, they are all still probably going to watch the second half.
But why would Slaine save the scumbag Saazbaum while knowing the whole time that this man will be detrimental to him? This one I can't understand.

Now I think about it, perhaps Inaho was right to have shot him down at Episode 7 out of genuine distrust. From the way Slaine's eyes are drawn, we can tell he was never to be trusted at the first place.

That said, with a mindset similar to that of Eren Jaeger from Attack on Titan, I really want the entire VERS Empire to collapse. For the sake of humanity, a Fascist regime like this must really not exist.
raidenwarriorJun 21, 2015 6:27 AM
Jun 21, 2015 6:22 AM

Dec 2011
Melvin117 said:
S1 is bad?
Think about it
Season 1 was good, but the diabolus ex machina at the very end fucked it up.
Aug 3, 2015 4:15 PM

Apr 2014
sure they aren´t die
pretty nice show
slaine took the princess and run,for sure
inaho is a warriorrrrrrrrr and a perfet and logic preacher...
slaine have courage well i´m glad he is alive but the 2 on the floor have to be alive for sure no??? no???
the martians will continue the war aginst earth
have to watch 2 season inmediately :D

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/musubime&sclick=1][IMG]http://cdn.
Sep 16, 2015 6:54 PM

Sep 2013
Why did slain "killed Inaho"? Also, wtf. The ending. wtf.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Nov 2, 2015 2:07 PM
Nov 2015
even if this is going to be the finale of aldnoah zero.At least give something extra like what happeded to the other charter.I dont think anybody liked the end where slaine just walked away←_←
Nov 6, 2015 2:25 PM
Oct 2013
What was an average anime for eleven episodes had one of the best endings I've seen.

I almost don't want to watch season 2, for fear that they'll do some stupid cop out that somehow keeps one or both of Idaho and Seylum alive.

My god what looked like an anime heading to an over cliche'd happy ending turned me to tears and what the fuck in three minutes.
Dec 23, 2015 5:34 PM

Dec 2012
WTF did I just watch? Holy shit! Slaine is an idiot! He watched the Princess try to help Inaho, heard the words she said, and still shot the dude(yeah, Inaho goofed when he shot Slaine down during their team up).

Inaho owning Saazbaum like a BOSS! So I guess Slaine can pilot the Tharsis is due to the Princess giving him rights or the cliche of Cuhteo's spirit giving him rights because they want to protect the same thing or the plot just demanded it.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 3, 2016 8:15 AM

Dec 2015
Sorry for my bad English

Humans see what they want to see
Jan 3, 2016 6:03 PM

Apr 2008
dhiki said:

A retarded meme for a retarded character
Jan 3, 2016 7:11 PM

Apr 2015
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS MAN WTF, WTF IS THIS ENDING, DAMN BRO IM MAD ASF. The fuck with tthat blond guy he's fucking retarded. HOly shit.
Jan 20, 2016 7:50 PM

Jan 2008
Lol wtf, nice ending bro
Feb 19, 2016 6:42 PM

Jun 2014
Just finished the series and it has an unsatisfying end.

My issue is not so much that the fates of the main characters are left ambiguous, but why did Slaine shoot Inaho in the first place?

I was only half way paying attention to the show.
Mar 31, 2016 7:51 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like I'm gonna have to add this to my list of good anime with shitty endings.
May 5, 2016 5:45 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like I'm not the only one who has WTF moment, like damn son, the plot will be like "fck it, ima just twist 360 no scope".
May 8, 2016 5:36 AM

Apr 2016
Me: Umm, protagonist headquarters? I think you need to churn out a new guy.
HQ: What? What the hell do you mean by that?!
Me: Yeah... Your last guy... got shot in the head...
HQ: Wait. WHAT?! Bu- but who the hell DID IT?!
Me: Slain.
HQ: F**K IT! Slain's the new protagonist!
Me: But sir?
HQ: WHAT?!
Me: The princess.
HQ: SHE'LL BE HAPPY TO SEE HIM!!!
Me: Umm, how can she be happy with a hole in her head?
HQ: ... SON OF A- *hangs up*
Me: Goddamn it Slain...
May 15, 2016 12:06 AM
May 2015
what
the
fuck
just
happened
EL PSY CONGROO
Aug 7, 2016 3:59 AM

Oct 2015
well at least it all makes sense now... why this anime doesn't have a romance tag that is
Aug 16, 2016 11:28 AM

Nov 2015

Ok, at the beginning at wanted to comment about how OP Inaho was and how he took down that OP Kat by himself but... after the fight... god.

I was thrilled, scared... that fucking guy just shoot the princess!! I was really hoping she wasn't dead... I mean, the first shot could be fatal of course be she could survive. But then, the second shot... I was afraid when Inaho was approaching her to see her face... I didn't want to look, I didn't want to look a hole in her head.

Slaine, you little.... urgghh, I don't know what to feel towards his character, I don't hate him, but I can't fully comprehend his position. But, pointing the gun to Inaho just because you don't want him near the princess? That split second shot... is... Inaho dead? I had my eyes peeled during all that time, covering my mouth since the first shoot at Asseylum till the last shot at Inaho.

Really, this was an UROBUTCHER work. And once again, I feel the same as with Fate/Zero...
I don't know you guys but I loved this story, this first half of the story. For me it's a 9/10, this episode was amazing but it's not enough for a 10/10, but it's a very good 9/10 with a bad ass seal of approval. The suspense in the end was fantastic.

Since it's a work of Urobuchi I already had in mind that people were going to die, but I didn't see any significant deaths so I kinda lowered my guard... but in this episode, not only one but two important characters died...

My respects.

PD: I don't fully know how human mind works so I am not gonna analyse Slaine's mind and behaviour, the reason of why he did what he did but I will say that, hold on your horses guys, just because we have a sad ending doesn't mean the show is bad. Deal with it. Deal with the reality of war. Deal with people dying. Deal with stupid decisions. Deal with the fact the one who shoots first lives, no matter what reason they had to pull the trigger.

Characters like Inaho and Slaine are given a lot of thought when created and are based on real human behaviour that maybe we can't fully understand. After all, can we really say that we understand every single human in the world?
HumbertoZeroAug 16, 2016 11:56 AM
Oct 26, 2016 6:12 PM

Apr 2010
Slaine really pushed it, I don't know how to feel about this, neither how I feel about Slaine or anyone at this point. I don't even know what to rate this. It's a pretty sad ending but it feels like there's more to it than that.

I guess I'll have to see in the 2nd season...just because I'm curious and Slaine's tears are delicious.
Nov 13, 2016 7:27 PM

Sep 2011
What the hell did I just witness?????
Dec 21, 2016 8:16 PM

Sep 2015
Makes no sense why Slaine saved Count only to shoot him after he kills Princess (Slaine already knew the Count wanted the Princess dead). Then for some reason he shoots Inaho..
time for season 2.
Dec 29, 2016 3:03 PM

Dec 2012
lol..

Jun 25, 2017 12:51 PM
May 2017
Now i know why this series rated so low.
Mediocore action with bad plot execution. Ep12 prove the foolishness. And i ve enough.
Jul 11, 2017 10:59 PM

Jul 2015
Wth did I just watch lmao. That final battle between Inaho and Count Sabzjbaskbasdkjbsdajbasdk (is that his name) was so anticlimactic.. happened way too fast and wasn't even enjoyable. His little 'power-up' (by joining up with those other parts or w/e, resulting in him gaining the abilities of the other Counts) ended up being one gigantic weakness lol. Then the ending tho... umm... what? So it ends with both of them getting shot? And somehow, they both end up living still (based off of what I've seen from the page of the second season)? Wow nice way to end an anime; no conclusive ending whatsoever lol. I can see why this anime got quite a bit of hate. But surprisingly enough, this anime has a 7.62 average score.. which kinda scares me..

Also, Inaho's character was kinda boring for an MC. Usually, the kuudere type character (well that's how I see Inaho) is usually reserved for side characters, and works best that way (though it can be done right occasionally) but in this anime, I wasn't really a fan of it. Inaho isn't really all that interesting tbh. There's nothing really about him that's appealing. But whatever, overall, it was still enjoyable enough for me to binge this, and I guess you could say that I had fun watching this. Debating on whether to give this a 5/10 or a 6/10, but I'll be generous, and leave this with a 6/10. Since it was entertaining, I'll check out season 2 and hopefully it gets better from here on out.

caught in the wonder
Jul 28, 2017 11:10 AM
Jul 2017
Well does anyone want to discuss why the vers Princess did not had relationship with inoha......????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 28, 2017 11:12 AM
Jul 2017
Well does anyone want to discuss why the vers Princess did not had relationship with inoha......????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 2, 2017 5:29 AM

Nov 2013
Epic episode :D i sad inaho cannot got aseylum ,,
Oct 31, 2017 4:52 PM

Oct 2015
I didn't enjoy this show even if they killed the count, Inao and the princess. It was typical and kinda irritating at times, I endured the shit out of this one I am glad I came out alive.

No season 2 for me really, it made me hesitant when choosing mecha next time. 5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 9, 2017 4:47 PM

Jul 2009
Eh, the fight was decently entertaining, but got a bit confusing at parts. So confused, so is Slaine using Cruhteo's mecha??? Or did he just get one from somewhere in the Landing Castle? ALSO HOW DID IT POWER UP??? Plz answers T_T Also I laughed at him surviving, people sure have bad aim at him ;P Definitely wanted him to team up with the Martians, but in the end he saves Saazbaum who kills Seylum so he kills him. Bleh. The shot at the end when he and Inaho were pointing their guns at each other reminded me of the end of Code Geass S1 XD So ... Seylum's dead for sure this time? Third time's the charm right? How about Inaho? Seems hard for them to live but there's a S2 so ... welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Kinda lame ending though ... welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So overall, this show was pretty much a fiesta of characters and "plot" saved by awesome music, entertaining battles (just turn your brain off), and pretty decent animation. Frankly this isn't the type of show I usually enjoy, but there's nothing wrong with a popcorn flick every now and then. I'll probably watch S2 but I'm not too sure what they're going to pull off though lol. 7/10, even though I feel in my head it's closer to a 6, but I enjoyed the show enough to give it a bump :3
Dec 17, 2017 6:55 AM

Jun 2013
The anime is definitely worth watching but inahoe is an asshole really. i was very pleased when he dies

but too many dumb shit doesnt get explain. EG why slaine saves him, why the princess doesnt need to kill herself to deactivate.

why on earth they need to destroy the landing castle when they can just run away?

and why did the other regiments / clans do nothing to help the princess or stop the count?

slaine is my fav char he deserves more screentime than Inaasshole. no personality whatsoever and his attitude really pisses me off lul

if he didnt cause Slane getting captured we could prob see a happy ending

Feb 3, 2018 5:14 AM

Aug 2017
that was anticlimactic

after the last 3 min i was like- wtf!!!!.....what is this ending?

really had some high hopes during the first episodes, it was not up to the mark

the last two episodes were pretty good imo, liked the fighting and all but the ending was just ironic

now i'm wondering why there is a season 2 after the death of mc's
Feb 3, 2018 5:26 AM
Aug 2016
Xander_Cage said:
that was anticlimactic

the last two episodes were pretty good imo, liked the fighting and all but the ending was just ironic

You think the ending was bad?

season 2 : hold my beer
Feb 3, 2018 5:40 AM

Aug 2017
mat619 said:
Xander_Cage said:
that was anticlimactic

no, i don't think it was bad..you can even say that i liked it a bit((kinda unexpected for me)...i think its kind of cliché(i'm not getting the right words to explain)...

i liked the series though(downloaded season 2 already )
Feb 4, 2018 2:24 AM

Jun 2017
Wait, so... The main plot device dies. The main character dies. And we are left with... retarded blonde traitor who doesn't even seem to know WHAT he's doing, derp derp Slaine?

Yeah, I went from liking this anime for the first 11 episodes, to really disliking it, in the final 5 minutes of this season. I don't mind when main characters die, but killing these 2 takes away the entire point, really. Not to mention, I can already tell I'll go the rest of this entire anime waiting for Slaine to die as painfully as possible.

This leaves barely any reason to want to watch the next season, to be honest. I hope this show redeems itself but I'm skeptical to say the least, lol. I guess if they were going for Original Mobile Suit Gundam tribute, they did a good job - except even there, the main character didn't die in the first season. Everyone else but Bright did, but Amuro lived for a while after. Here? Well, the only one left that I find remotely interesting is Reyet. Onee-san isn't my cup of tea, at least not yet...
Feb 4, 2018 7:05 AM
Aug 2016
Xander_Cage said:
mat619 said:

no, i don't think it was bad..you can even say that i liked it a bit((kinda unexpected for me)...i think its kind of cliché(i'm not getting the right words to explain)...

i liked the series though(downloaded season 2 already )
VeggyZ said:
Wait, so... The main plot device dies. The main character dies. And we are left with... retarded blonde traitor who doesn't even seem to know WHAT he's doing, derp derp Slaine?

Yeah, I went from liking this anime for the first 11 episodes, to really disliking it, in the final 5 minutes of this season. I don't mind when main characters die, but killing these 2 takes away the entire point, really. Not to mention, I can already tell I'll go the rest of this entire anime waiting for Slaine to die as painfully as possible.

This leaves barely any reason to want to watch the next season, to be honest. I hope this show redeems itself but I'm skeptical to say the least, lol. I guess if they were going for Original Mobile Suit Gundam tribute, they did a good job - except even there, the main character didn't die in the first season. Everyone else but Bright did, but Amuro lived for a while after. Here? Well, the only one left that I find remotely interesting is Reyet. Onee-san isn't my cup of tea, at least not yet...

Well if you wonder about main charaacter dies

Feb 5, 2018 3:19 AM

Aug 2017
mat619 said:

Well if you wonder about main charaacter dies

i've watched season2 and tbh i liked it....
Xander_CageFeb 5, 2018 3:23 AM
Feb 5, 2018 7:36 PM

Jun 2017
Hmm, with all that out of the way ... the ride to this terrible episode was reasonably ok, so I will probably keep watching it anyway.

However I just hope by the end, Slaine dies. The rest I don't care as much about - just don't like Slaine. I don't even care what his motivations are, or his circumstances are - he's really, REALLY stupid.

Very likely the dumbest character I've seen - and in anime that's a very big claim. Maybe it just feels that way because he didn't "seem" like an utter fool right away, so the disparity is that much more impactful, but... Everything he did in this first season was nonsense. Every move he made was the last move any coherent, thinking human being would have made, and I was disappointed that he hasn't died yet.

Of course, I didn't want him to die as much before this last episode - a little, sure, but not like I do now. I hope they torture him to death - they meaning, whoever. Doesn't matter, I'm also not concerned with the plot points leading up to his death, I just want him to die.
Mar 29, 2018 1:56 AM

Aug 2017
Oh. I hate this episode. Idaho just defeats the bad guy then the Princess is 'killed' by the same guy. Slaine did nothing (yeah, he joints the battle but it's too late)!. Slaine shoots Idaho, please stay dead! Nobody can survive after so many bullets. I dislike the anime. Idaho is a bad MC. Slaine too edgy. Asseylum is just cute. Damn, Marito is just a wasted potential. 3/5 for the episode. 4/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 7, 2018 2:15 PM

May 2013
Aldnoah Zero failed at creating an exciting mecha battle show with tragedy, no season 2 for me.

May 21, 2018 10:05 AM

Jan 2014
oh, so they're all dead?
May 21, 2018 10:05 AM

Jan 2014
oh, so they're all dead?
Dec 20, 2018 9:51 AM

Mar 2017
that encounter was very Code Geass
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Feb 22, 2019 4:17 PM
Jan 2017
AaAa,, the anime is reminding me about guilty crown and terra formars when earth human war again mars human,, to invasion the earth mars has very strong military technology from the past of mars hystory,,
that called aldnoah,, human just can using their strategy to beat the stronger one then them , inaho can beat the mars kathaprak using his brain, and save the princess mars,, but the end its very bad ending,, they end with headshot, Inaho and The princess,, wtf,, i hope the secend season will be better,,
Jun 24, 2019 3:02 PM

Jul 2016
What.
After first episode it seemed good but nah. Too many loose ends and what the hell with ending ??
Why did he do that ?! Slaine is my favourite character but what's wrong with him in last ep.
I know there is 2nd season but I won't probably watch it after that what I've seen
Pages (43) « First ... « 40 41 [42] 43 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.