Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 22, 2021 7:32 PM
Jul 2013
Stuffed_goat said:

That situation also kinda makes you think though, those guys were obviously bothering Yosshi and Nagatoro and that's not ok, I get that, but isn't that kinda what Nagatoro and friends is doing to Senpai at times though? They literally put a collar on him this episode and that ignores some of the other egregious things they've done, like try to shave his head.

I guess that's always the thin line that separates teasing, bullying, romance, and even harassment; it's ok if you're ok with the people doing it, but was Senpai really ok with it at the beginning? Whatever, I'm probably thinking too much about it, this is a dumbfuck romantic comedy after all.

To be fair compared to these two guys Nagatoro realized she went over board and tried to make it up to senpai by knowing his limits and turning the teasing and flirting up rather than talk too harshly about his appearance (unless to motivate him), or the friends only do it to senpai so Nagatoro comes out of her own shell of admitting her feelings.

In this scene it seems established that these two guys are regular club members with the girls, and judging by their body language and tone this isn't the first time they've attempted to hit on Nagatoro, the kind of guys that think that persistence will reward you with the girl at the end.
May 22, 2021 7:57 PM

Mar 2016
it was nice to see senpai at least try to grow a spine and stand up against those dudes, even if in the end nagatoro still had to save him T—T

May 22, 2021 8:10 PM
May 2020
Gamo-chan looking really good in a Yukata. Starting to like her more than Nagatoro
May 22, 2021 8:37 PM

Nov 2015
He's finally finding a spine! First teasing Nagatoro back a bit on the hillside, and then getting them away from the two annoying boys.

Now next time, work up the nerve to pick up the phone, Paisen. :)
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
May 22, 2021 8:52 PM

Jul 2011
And Naoto finally is down the rabbit hole for good.
May 22, 2021 9:20 PM
Mar 2021
This Episode was kinda great, it wasn't that cringe like episodes before, I realy liked it!
May 22, 2021 9:31 PM
Apr 2021
Does anyone know the name of the music for the senpai grab Nagatoro hand scene?
May 22, 2021 9:37 PM
Dec 2019
Stuffed_goat said:

That situation also kinda makes you think though, those guys were obviously bothering Yosshi and Nagatoro and that's not ok, I get that, but isn't that kinda what Nagatoro and friends is doing to Senpai at times though? They literally put a collar on him this episode and that ignores some of the other egregious things they've done, like try to shave his head.

I think that objectively speaking Nagatoro and her friends are a bit shitty people, and it would be somewhat hypocritical if they were complaining, but it's the Senpai that took action here, and he gets to decide if he's ok with girls bullying him but not with guys bothering "his" girls.
May 22, 2021 10:13 PM

Sep 2020
Sulfurian said:
Stuffed_goat said:

I guess that's always the thin line that separates teasing, bullying, romance, and even harassment; it's ok if you're ok with the people doing it, but was Senpai really ok with it at the beginning? Whatever, I'm probably thinking too much about it, this is a dumbfuck romantic comedy after all.

To be fair compared to these two guys Nagatoro realized she went over board and tried to make it up to senpai by knowing his limits and turning the teasing and flirting up rather than talk too harshly about his appearance (unless to motivate him), or the friends only do it to senpai so Nagatoro comes out of her own shell of admitting her feelings.

In this scene it seems established that these two guys are regular club members with the girls, and judging by their body language and tone this isn't the first time they've attempted to hit on Nagatoro, the kind of guys that think that persistence will reward you with the girl at the end.

Yeah I wasn't thinking about the intentions at all, Nagatoro does it because she doesn't know how to interact with the guy she likes and her friends do it because they know she likes him and they like to fuck with their friend, even at the cost of her love interest. Those guys just seem like fuck boys who won't take no for a answer. Super good point.

May 22, 2021 10:26 PM

Sep 2020
Bear_from_cave said:
Stuffed_goat said:

I think that objectively speaking Nagatoro and her friends are a bit shitty people, and it would be somewhat hypocritical if they were complaining, but it's the Senpai that took action here, and he gets to decide if he's ok with girls bullying him but not with guys bothering "his" girls.

Yeah that definitely makes sense, in this situation he stood up for them; hell he stood up for them and “his” girls supported him even if they are shitty friends. However as shitty friends they don’t seem to care when he stands up for himself is my point, times like the shaved head thing are case in point, he had a say now but not then.

May 23, 2021 12:07 AM

Dec 2020
The summer festival is there yeah and a new character that bullied also senpai that he is a Eromanga haha Senpai,poor naoto he gets a collar from yoshhiand gamo-chan.I love to watch this anime
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 23, 2021 12:21 AM
Jun 2017
🥰🥰🥰🥰 This episode...
May 23, 2021 1:15 AM

Jan 2012
These episodes go by way too fast :(
May 23, 2021 2:55 AM
May 23, 2021 5:48 AM

Mar 2018
Great Episode what a amazing couple
May 23, 2021 6:14 AM

Oct 2016
I fucking love this episode, definitely the best episode so far! Also helps that all the chapters adapted in this episode are pretty much my favorites in the earlier parts of the manga, and they adapted it perfectly.

Gamo-chan truly the best wingwoman, and Yosshi is adorable, fuck those nameless dudes for scaring her. All Chadpai needed to say was let's go and he got all the women, let's fucking go. Paisen really learned from the festival that if he wants to go somewhere with someone, he can always ask, who knew he'd be able to apply it in the most chaddest way possible. There's really nothing much to say about the festival except wholesome! Really looking forward to the next episode.
May 23, 2021 7:18 AM

Mar 2015
Absolute giga chad senpai steals a whole harem from virgin hentai protagonists. What a legend.

Summer festival bit was adorable. Nagatoro got the tables turned on her for a while with all that teasing from Gamo, Yoshi & Senpai.
May 23, 2021 7:30 AM
Aug 2013
This appears to be the best pure rom-com in years, and I'm serious. When I say that, I mean a rom-com that doesn't add piles of drama to make the show play with your emotions.

What can this be compared to? The first half of Clannad? The first half of Steins;Gate? Toradora? Sure, those might be better shows, but they're renowned for the drama, not the rom-com. Something like Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun is more of a pure comedy, as the feelings between the main couple aren't mutual. Maybe Kaguya-sama, but I'm liking this more than Kaguya-sama. I might just come to the revelation in that Nagatoro is actually doing something special here. This is unique in that it's doing all of its character development through short comedic skits, and it's doing it better than quite a few rom-drams.

I haven't enjoyed a pure rom-com this much since Ao-chan Can't Study (also underrated). It's a shame that so many people have hate-bombed the MAL score and dropped it after ep1.
GippyMay 23, 2021 7:50 AM
May 23, 2021 8:20 AM
Jun 2020
I am loving Naoto's character development, this show is absolutely amazing.
May 23, 2021 8:31 AM

Apr 2020
this episode definately shows that this series is really scored too low
7.16 really ??
it can easily be around 7.6 or 7.7 but no some shit eaters got to attached to word bully and intentionally scoring it low even though they will keep on watching it
and will complete it
May 23, 2021 9:00 AM
Mar 2015
Glad they got to go to the festival and watch fireworks together He even invited her to next year's festival
Together they were able to get away from the annoying boys and go home together
May 23, 2021 10:10 AM
Jul 2013
Gippy said:
This appears to be the best pure rom-com in years, and I'm serious. When I say that, I mean a rom-com that doesn't add piles of drama to make the show play with your emotions.

What can this be compared to? The first half of Clannad? The first half of Steins;Gate? Toradora? Sure, those might be better shows, but they're renowned for the drama, not the rom-com. Something like Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun is more of a pure comedy, as the feelings between the main couple aren't mutual. Maybe Kaguya-sama, but I'm liking this more than Kaguya-sama. I might just come to the revelation in that Nagatoro is actually doing something special here. This is unique in that it's doing all of its character development through short comedic skits, and it's doing it better than quite a few rom-drams.

I haven't enjoyed a pure rom-com this much since Ao-chan Can't Study (also underrated). It's a shame that so many people have hate-bombed the MAL score and dropped it after ep1.

I think the anime director should have included a small scene of Nagatoro thinking to herself "maybe I went overboard" because there was a page or two of that in the manga. It would definitely help the viewer perspective on episode 1.
May 23, 2021 11:07 AM
May 2016
Loved the third part, made my day :)
May 23, 2021 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
it was a very fun episode is different from normal, this I liked a lot of highlights of the episode.
May 23, 2021 11:32 AM

Oct 2008
Blue_Maroon said:
The MC is actually becoming more assertive with Nagatoro! Progress! I assume that this is where the anime really starts to become more romance focused instead of it just being subtext for Nagatoro’s harassment. I’m looking forward to MC growing more and watching his relationship with Nagatoro develop.
No. Go read the manga, you've been cucked.
May 23, 2021 11:34 AM

Oct 2008
This guy is the definition of a simp. The only reason I'm watching this is because it's fairly obvious Japan is clearly totally okay with dooming their low birth rate country into Oblivion by giving men in their country a media format that supports being a little bitch.
May 23, 2021 11:53 AM

Jan 2015
Oh wow development. Ngl I was expecting a kiss, but I guess it’s still to early for that

I’m starting to see the appeal of this series
May 23, 2021 3:26 PM
May 2021
Ashhk said:
Summer festival episode! That was cute to be honest, especially when they were together watching the fireworks, but wtf that dog collar hahaha, and he avoided the NTR at the end and even brought the whole harem lol

Yes i think exactly the same
May 23, 2021 3:34 PM

Jan 2008
Gippy said:

This!

Can't believe it myself either, for a show that started so badly has become so wholesome. I started it only out of curiosity to see how bad it could possibly be and I'm really glad I did that. The slow and steady character development has been amazing.

From the shows you mentioned only Steins;Gate has better romance development I think. Takagi san is another good one.
May 23, 2021 3:52 PM
Dec 2011
GGcc78 said:
jaredross said:
Wow! I'm really starting to enjoy this show. The character development is really starting to show. Naoto is starting to become more self confident shown in the scene where he stands up to the other boys that are hitting on Nagatoro. I'm wondering how this series will conclude. Does anyone know if there will be a second season?
I dont know if it will get a second season, but the manga keeps getting better and better. If we get a season 2 there's going to be some great material; for them to show. Also with Uzaki and KanoKari getting a season 2, there would be no justice in the world if this doesn't get a second season.

I agree, hopefully their is still justice in the world! lol
May 23, 2021 3:54 PM
Dec 2011
pilotinha_ said:
jaredross said:
Wow! I'm really starting to enjoy this show. The character development is really starting to show. Naoto is starting to become more self confident shown in the scene where he stands up to the other boys that are hitting on Nagatoro. I'm wondering how this series will conclude. Does anyone know if there will be a second season?
If the show is succesfull (and I think it will be) probably yes. But before that we need to get enough material, which will be soon I think. And yes. You can "not like" the first chapters, but the progression of this manga is REALLY good, that's why Nagatoro is popular now.

Hopefully the show becomes successful! I agree it was pretty easy to see how it wasn't well liked based off the first few episodes being kinda hard to watch with him being bullied. The progression even so far is great!
May 23, 2021 6:30 PM
Nov 2020
I really like the sado-maso personalities of Gamou and Yosshi. Their character types would be perfect in a hentai. /prayingtothedoujingods
May 23, 2021 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
Another amazing episode!

Nagatoro be like
>i won't date you, you're a virgin
also Nagatoro
>since we're at that let's try holding hands
lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao

Finally, i guess we can see home big evolution from Senpai, and that last scene was another proof of that.
This was such a great episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 23, 2021 10:00 PM

Oct 2008
this show is just really my guilty pleasure!
how to make Nagatoro trigger her yandere jelly tendencies:, include sempai on the pic and send it to her!
lolz at the moment where they didn't notice the lovey dovey couples making-out then they scram-out! nyahaha!
that was a bit nice of Nagatoro for understanding senpai's "let's go"
lolz at the noodle arms! getting quite popular huh...
5/5.

May 23, 2021 11:44 PM

Jul 2016
While still cringe af, it's nice to see Senpai slowly finding his manhood. Such a shame Nagatoro has to ruin every moment of confidence he has just to make things go back to the usual status-quo again and again.

On the other hand, Gamou and Yosshi were bearable for once. They basically became shippers this episode.
May 24, 2021 1:04 AM
May 2020
naoto really is growing as a character finally able to stand for himself even if it is haphazardly
May 24, 2021 1:16 AM

Feb 2021
Hmm that was pretty wholesome. Senpai was standing up for Nagatoro and gang!

May 24, 2021 2:40 AM

Apr 2021
Well good episodee...Senpai really made a bold move to go to the summer festival and also stand upto those guys
May 24, 2021 6:53 AM

Sep 2009
2life said:
imagine, a hentai artist making up a story better than most sol/high school stories out there. god i do love seeing how the manga came to life.

you must be very new to anime. About 50% of all manga artist start out drawing Hentai/Doujin. Hell the most famous one was Clamp. Clamp as in the women behind Cardcaptor Sakura and many more.
May 24, 2021 8:21 AM

Mar 2013
This show is really good. I'm enjoying these characters a lot, all of them really.

The first episode was definitely rough when you compare it to the latest ones.
May 24, 2021 8:22 AM

Apr 2020
This is getting more and more wholesome as the episodes go!
I'm starting to actually enjoy this anime.
LeysohMay 24, 2021 8:25 AM

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

May 24, 2021 10:41 AM

Mar 2019
Ok now this episode, fine I’ll say.... even though from starting I had some not-so-fun time with this anime but this episode rolled up quite nice and at last nice courage there PAISEN
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
May 24, 2021 11:47 AM
Dec 2018
Just a bit more, Paisen, and you will have a functioning spine.
May 24, 2021 11:48 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty fun episode overall and that last part was cool.
May 24, 2021 6:17 PM
Jul 2020
Stark700 said:
Ha, I knew it. As soon as Nagatoro saw that photo of Senpai with Maki and Yosshi on that phone, her jealousy shot through the damn roof.
They still treat him like a pet lol

Festival was fun. I'd say that was more of a tie between the two teams.

Definitely felt like a date between Nagatoro and Senpai after her friends left if you ask me.

They do still treat him like a pet, but I see the interactions as more teasing a friend. I like that it's become this way cuz bro poor Naoto was getting PLAYED
May 25, 2021 5:50 AM
Nov 2019
hello , i am from india , i have a Question thats the folllowing : i see the relation between the main character and nagatoro evolving fast . im wondering if anime is skipping many chapter from manga . or not? i want to know if there is chance for new season or the anime is going to fast and there will not be enough chapter to adapt for new season 2 .

and perhaps season 3 and more , whats is the potential .

thanks you , love from india .

[User has been banned for this post]

May 25, 2021 11:57 AM
Jul 2016
Personally, I'm waiting for the day Nagatoro trains Senpai to be the ultimate femboy sub. I mean he already looks great in that collar!!! Senpai deserves lots of petting after being so throughly teased in this episode lmaooooo...
May 25, 2021 2:32 PM
Jul 2020
It was pretty good tbh
If we kill all our enemies, will we finally be free?
May 25, 2021 9:48 PM
Aug 2020
It could just be me but it feels like the romance is progressing a lot faster than in the manga so it has less punch
May 26, 2021 11:29 AM
Mar 2021
The Chad Paisen at the end was great to see. Also who the hell sells lock on collars at a festival!

FacktackJun 5, 2021 3:45 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

273 by Phroggy_44 »»
Jun 6, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

144 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

502 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.