Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
86--EIGHTY-SIX (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 18, 2021 5:05 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
It is great to see they are really giving proper attention to this adaptation, with the pacing they are going for currently, the first volume would fit well with 4-5, and they could probably put the other 2 in the remaining episodes.

It is impossible to give the same kind of exposition a book does, but it was very smart the way they did it, also portraying how passionate and anxious Lena is about the whole situation.

It is a joy to see this series animated, especially the machines from both sides, and they handled the battle scenes with superb CG, this series deserves this much, and I hope they have not set the bar to high, for what is to come, because the mechs looked really dope and I won't stand for trash CG for the show now!

The OP is kinda LAME, sorry but that song doesn't fit the mood of the show at all, liked the ED thought.

Wanna see some Fido action next episode, showing how he works, and also, the cat looked really fat on the OP. xD
Apr 18, 2021 5:19 AM

Oct 2018
Lamyanba1999 said:
I don’t understand this
Why did Shin killed his injured teammate in Ep 1

after what i understood after the 2 episodes, the 86 are not humans for the rest of the army so if they are injured, they will not let them go to hospital so i think Shin kill them for not to have to suffer more longer
Apr 18, 2021 5:22 AM

Oct 2018
dufti said:
Ngochuy said:
Lena's innocence makes me uncomfortable

same same.

I really don't trust the uncle Jerome character xD Bet he's gonna stab Lena in the back and the real reason why Lena's dad is gone is gonna be something like the uncle betrayed him or something. Especially when she was saying how much she trusts him in this episode lol.

same as you. the way she said how she trust him should say he will betray her. if not, it will be surprising
Apr 18, 2021 5:58 AM
Nov 2019
alshu said:
1. Ok, the battle was fun...some absurd moments in it (like dodging projectiles and cutting metal with metal) but really fun.
Apart from the "rule of the cool" I didn't get the gemming part - if the radio frequencies are blocked and the laser communication can give up your position. How "directional laser-based transition" differs from "verbal communication"?
In other words how this Para-RAID thing works and why it can't be gemmed?

2. The infodump cleared some of the mysteries...but:
- A segregation which happened overnight? Something doesn't match. Maybe the colourless guys were cooking that for years and just used the crisis as an excuse?
- The MP guy should've arrested Lena despite her having backup from a higher place. It's his job to prevent or stop scenes like that. Her being released later is issue for another day.
- The theory that the war will end after two years is pretty naive or a propaganda lie.
They have no idea if there aren't other bots on storage which just wait to be activated or maybe there could be some automatic factories which repair and recharge kill-bots. Not to mention there are different models, some of which can be more durable than others.
- Yeah, they don't call them drones, so some people here should stop too.

3. Oh, so those guys have some technical support on site...which makes possible some tinkering with the junk they find, cobbling some useful bots and even achieving more complex technical goals.

4. The 86-ers sounded a bit too cheery for canon fodders send to be killed by relentless robot army. I don't buy the explanation "They behave like this to distract themselves.". Like there should be some sings of PSD or whatnot.

1. Para-RAID allows you to share your sensory data with the other person through collective human unconscious. In theory you can share all your five senses but it will cause your brain overload as explain in ep1 . That's why they share only hearing data. We will probably get more about it later eps.

2. Well segregation happened caused Republic lost their majority of the forces within few weeks as explained by Lena . So your theory doesn't seem fit .

Arresting Lena doesn't make sense cause she has no backing about her words. Even after her speech the new recruits doesn't seem give a damn about it so arresting will only cause suspicion on top of that they will lose prodigy like her .

3. Oh he seems more like maintenance guy calling him technical guy doesn't seem right cause he probably doesn't have knowledge about internal computers , even he have we don't know destroyed Legions are even useful.

4.Cant say much about it without spoiling it so I will just say both yes and no .
Apr 18, 2021 7:08 AM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode! Damn, Shin has killed a lot of his men, a lot is an understatement.

The CGI was awesome in the battle, I can't imagine hand drawing all of that. Sawano's soundtrack really elevated it though, the power of that man's music. Shin is a fucking beast.

I love Lena, I think her innocence is what the fucked up republic and the 86 needs. I wonder how you even become an Alba and what makes them superior to other humans. Worried about Lena though, relying on her uncle too much, there might be some higher powers out there that her uncle can't do anything about. Lena talking to the spearhead at the end is pretty wholesome and Shin might be liking the small talk. Really looking forward to the next episode, ED was pretty nice.
Apr 18, 2021 7:36 AM

Feb 2014
Pranavk27 said:
LoomyTheBrew said:
Wait a second... so the Empire got destroyed by their own drones? So basically it’s like a Sky Net situation over at the Empire?

This anime is really good so far. Super interesting world and premise. I loved how Lena stood up to the Professor and spoke the truth. Shin seems like he’s been through a lot, the poor guy

They didn't mention Empire got destroyed by their own drones . They just know Empire fell for whatever reason.

At around 12:00 the professor says that: “Giad had been wiped out by its own out of control Legion four years prior.”

It says outright that the empire fell to the robots.
Apr 18, 2021 8:47 AM

May 2018
Pranavk27 said:

1. Para-RAID allows you to share your sensory data with the other person through collective human unconscious.

Yes, I know that, it was explained and demonstrated.
My RHETORICAL question is how those are transmitted. Obviously not via radio waves since those were gemmed by the Legion.

Pranavk27 said:
We will probably get more about it later eps.

You don't say.

Pranavk27 said:
Well segregation happened caused Republic lost their majority of the forces within few weeks as explained by Lena .

This makes no sense. Imagine in some army all the albinos suddenly deciding to separate, send the rest to fight the invaders and save themselves in the home front, while disregarding ranks and subordination.
For segregation to happen you need one of the sides to somehow take the power - political, military, financial...some ways to force and control the other side.
Here the only way that could happen is having a lot of non-Colorata in the government and no commanding positions in the army.

Pranavk27 said:
Arresting Lena doesn't make sense cause she has no backing about her words.

Oh, are we talking defamation here? In certain circumstances it is punishable IRL.

Pranavk27 said:
will only cause suspicion on top of that they will lose prodigy like her .

- Leaving her doing whatever she wants kind of gives bad example for the new recruits.
- Prodigy or not she is doing some antisocial stuff here...a systematic one, not random outbursts which can be sweep under the rug.

Pranavk27 said:
Oh he seems more like maintenance guy calling him technical guy doesn't seem right cause he probably doesn't have knowledge about internal computers , even he have we don't know destroyed Legions are even useful.

Still an interesting for me direction which you guys spoiled me that wouldn't be followed.

Aaand one last time. If you guys gonna pay attention to my posts (and you are not bound to do it in any way), my questions are rhetorical, I am asking them to myself while watching the show...
I don't want you to answer them. I am marking the themes which I think should be addressed sooner or later.
Apr 18, 2021 8:54 AM

Feb 2019
ColdSteelDawn said:
Marinate1016 said:
It’s still surreal for me to be able to say it’s 86 Saturday. Another masterfully crafted episode. The CG legion look great. I normally hate all types of CG, but it was so well done today that it was impossible for me to hate on it. I hope that continues throughout.

Sawano and Kohta OST during the legion fight scene was AMAZING. I can’t wait for the full OST to drop, goosebumps man.

I liked the use of academy instruction to world-build, and I think the pacing overall was amazing today. Didn’t even do a full chapter, so it’s pretty safe to say we’re only getting one volume for the first cour. Confirmed to be 11 eps today.

Anddd the main event, the ED. Been waiting over a year for this and of course it didn’t disappoint. Top 5 Sawano songs for sure. We feasting boys
you spit sometimes

All the time*** anitwt MC don’t miss
Apr 18, 2021 9:06 AM
Nov 2019
alshu said:
Pranavk27 said:

1. Para-RAID allows you to share your sensory data with the other person through collective human unconscious.

My RHETORICAL question is how those are transmitted. Obviously not via radio waves since those were gemmed by the Legion.

Pranavk27 said:
We will probably get more about it later eps.

You don't say.

Pranavk27 said:
Well segregation happened caused Republic lost their majority of the forces within few weeks as explained by Lena .

This makes no sense. Imagine in some army all the albinos suddenly deciding to separate, send the rest to fight the invaders and save themselves in the home front, while disregarding ranks and subordination.
For segregation to happen you need one of the sides to somehow take the power - political, military, financial...some ways to force and control the other side.
Here the only way that could happen is having a lot of non-Colorata in the government and no commanding positions in the army.

Pranavk27 said:
Arresting Lena doesn't make sense cause she has no backing about her words.

Oh, are we talking defamation here? In certain circumstances it is punishable IRL.

Pranavk27 said:
will only cause suspicion on top of that they will lose prodigy like her .

- Leaving her doing whatever she wants kind of gives bad example for the new recruits.
- Prodigy or not she is doing some antisocial stuff here...a systematic one, not random outbursts which can be sweep under the rug.

Pranavk27 said:
Oh he seems more like maintenance guy calling him technical guy doesn't seem right cause he probably doesn't have knowledge about internal computers , even he have we don't know destroyed Legions are even useful.

Still an interesting for me direction which you guys spoiled me that wouldn't be followed.

Aaand one last time. If you guys gonna pay attention to my posts (and you are not bound to do it in any way), my questions are rhetorical, I am asking them to myself while watching the show...
I don't want you to answer them. I am marking the themes which I think should be addressed sooner or later.

Well I don't understand you expect Republic to throw Alba citizens(which is the majority race into the military ) ?
Apr 18, 2021 9:08 AM
Jun 2019
A nice ep to get to known the characters better, and to give more context about the war (as well to show off amazing action scenes).
But I would prefer the show to focus on the political aspects in a more consistent way since we've only got disconnected scenes in this one.
I'm also expecting a proper development between Lena and the speargun squad, and I can see potential in that.
Apr 18, 2021 9:16 AM
Jan 2018
[quote=Pranavk27 message=62816541]
alshu said:
Pranavk27 said:

How the Para-raid works is a *major* plot point. Like, biggly huge.
Apr 18, 2021 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
So that's the meaning behind Undertaker's codename. How cute.
I appreciate the fact that Lena's putting her princess privilege to good use in this episode. It's a nice character moment and it gave us a crucial infodump. More questions were raised from said infodumo among which I'm mostly curious about the reason behind Lena sticking up for 86s so much. It's definitely connected to the one time she said she went to the battlefield and i'm eager to find out what it is.

I know they mentioned that Juggernauts are apparently more advanced units compared to the Legions and that may well be the case considering Shin was cutting through them like a knife through butter but they all look so much more technologically superior and polished that I can't help but think there's something else we're not being told.

Battle was nice, did a good job showing the competence of everyone on the war zone.
It only took 2 episodes to get the brooding MC type to smile, how surprising. Lena's not stupid so I'm sure she realizes the hypocrisy of pretending to be comrades with soldiers without actually standing on the battlefield so I'm curious to see how they're relationships develop.

SaintZeph said:
Considering that Alba have silver hair and I'm guessing blue eyes, wouldn't that make the "Snow Witch" one? Wonder what her story is.

My thoughts exactly, there's definitely a story to tell there as well
Apr 18, 2021 9:43 AM

Jan 2020
The ED is contender for best ED of the year competing against AOT S4 ED

Overall great episode , it's more focused now , they moved the infodump from what should've been put in middle of eps 1 to the official lecture. Really love to hear Hayamin voice too.

Btw , the Giads died and fell to robot? Really? This show would be more than a WW2 reference then, great.
TierraRobadaApr 18, 2021 9:48 AM
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Apr 18, 2021 9:48 AM

Sep 2017
Interesting. We got some clever lore dump on how this country came to be in this state. Logistically it seems there must have been an overwhelming majority of the silver haired people in the country. Otherwise it makes no sense how they could force everyone else to a tiny district that is literally 1/86 others. I wonder if it's like the ppl with other hair colors would have been immigrants from other nations and half bloods from future generations.

Also I only have basic knowledge from high school biology, but I'm pretty certain two ppl with brown hair could have a blonde child if both parents possessed the recessive blond trait. In other words, at least for early generations of our little nazi regime, we could of had non silver haired ppl born from silver haired parents. Of course maybe silver haired ppl could never have recessive hair color traits to begin with, and anyone born with silver hair from a mixed hair color family has already been dealt with.
Apr 18, 2021 9:51 AM

May 2018
Pranavk27 said:

Well I don't understand you expect Republic to throw Alba citizens(which is the majority race into the military ) ?

Ouch, how can you even tell that those are separated races? If they consider themselves as such so the divide has begun happening way before the war.
Also the logistics of every Colorata being send against the machines means that the power was in the hands of the white haired guys.
Or as I said - segregation can't happen overnight.
Apr 18, 2021 10:18 AM
Nov 2019
alshu said:
Pranavk27 said:

Ouch, how can you even tell that those are separated races? If they consider themselves as such so the divide has begun happening way before the war.
Also the logistics of every Colorata being send against the machines means that the power was in the hands of the white haired guys.
Or as I said - segregation can't happen overnight.

If I am not mistaken, you are asking why the racism, discrimination didn't happen before the war if Alba considers themselves as superior race correct?
Apr 18, 2021 10:49 AM

May 2018
Pranavk27 said:
you are asking why the racism, discrimination didn't happen before the war if Alba considers themselves as superior race correct?

Not really interested in "why". Just a thought that the process should've started years ago.
Also not really asking a question.

Like if we have 10 people 3 them tall and the rest 7 short. Suddenly a situation arises which requires 3 of the to be sacrificed. There is no automatic mechanism which assures that those would be the tall guys.
There could be other connections - friends, family, some form or hierarchy, someone from them volunteering ect.
There must be antagonism between tall and short people. Not to mention those 3 could cooperate, overpower and sacrifice the disorganised low stature bunch.
You must have certain conditions in order for discrimination to happen.

And if in beginning of the war all the political power was entirely in the hands of the white haired people alose they sacrificed the others fast and swiftly, this means that they have pushed around the Colorata from some time.
Apr 18, 2021 11:05 AM
Jun 2017
alshu said:
1. Ok, the battle was fun...some absurd moments in it (like dodging projectiles and cutting metal with metal) but really fun.
Apart from the "rule of the cool" I didn't get the gemming part - if the radio frequencies are blocked and the laser communication can give up your position. How "directional laser-based transition" differs from "verbal communication"?
In other words how this Para-RAID thing works and why it can't be gemmed?

2. The infodump cleared some of the mysteries...but:
- A segregation which happened overnight? Something doesn't match. Maybe the colourless guys were cooking that for years and just used the crisis as an excuse?
- The MP guy should've arrested Lena despite her having backup from a higher place. It's his job to prevent or stop scenes like that. Her being released later is issue for another day.
- The theory that the war will end after two years is pretty naive or a propaganda lie.
They have no idea if there aren't other bots on storage which just wait to be activated or maybe there could be some automatic factories which repair and recharge kill-bots. Not to mention there are different models, some of which can be more durable than others.
- Yeah, they don't call them drones, so some people here should stop too.

3. Oh, so those guys have some technical support on site...which makes possible some tinkering with the junk they find, cobbling some useful bots and even achieving more complex technical goals.

4. The 86-ers sounded a bit too cheery for canon fodders send to be killed by relentless robot army. I don't buy the explanation "They behave like this to distract themselves.". Like there should be some sings of PSD or whatnot.

I mean, It's like these are questions to be answered as the story progress's instead of the literal first 2 episodes.
and the "too-cheery", ur looking at a pretty small sample size of like 10 people out of the hundreds and hundreds of people there. Not to mention, this is a squad that actually is relatively successful. Soldiers fucking around and acting goofy during war is nothing new. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWoBtcFw040.
Apr 18, 2021 11:13 AM

May 2018
KanekiKen101 said:
Soldiers fucking around and acting goofy during war is nothing new.

Those are not your regular soldiers tho, more like penal military unit (for people guilty of being "pigs who failed to evolve").
Apr 18, 2021 11:14 AM
Nov 2019
alshu said:
Pranavk27 said:
you are asking why the racism, discrimination didn't happen before the war if Alba considers themselves as superior race correct?

Not really interested in "why". Just a thought that the process should've started years ago.
Also not really asking a question.

Like if we have 10 people 3 them tall and the rest 7 short. Suddenly a situation arises which requires 3 of the to be sacrificed. There is no automatic mechanism which assures that those would be the tall guys.
There could be other connections - friends, family, some form or hierarchy, someone from them volunteering ect.
There must be a form of antagonism between tall and short people. Not to mention those 3 could cooperate, overpower and sacrifice the disorganised low stature bunch.
You must have certain conditions in order for discrimination to happen.

And if in beginning of the war all the political power was entirely in the hands of the white haired people alose they sacrificed the others fast and swiftly, this means that they have pushed around the Colorata from some time.

Well future episodes might be able to give you are better idea . Also by sheer no. of Alba's you might probably already get that they are true Republicans while Colotra also were Republic citizens but likely to have different ethnicity. So even if they get respected its seems quite unlikely that they will be able to achieve power and authority a true Republican like Alba can get unless they have 1000 + history of being multirace nation
Blue_Reaper7Apr 18, 2021 11:18 AM
Apr 18, 2021 11:52 AM

May 2018
Pranavk27 said:
Also by sheer no. of Alba's you might probably already get that they are true Republicans while Colotra also were Republic citizens but likely to have different ethnicity. So even if they get respected its seems quite unlikely that they will be able to achieve power and authority a true Republican like Alba can get unless they have 1000 + history of being multirace nation

Seriously I don't get what you are trying to say here.
The numbers (as mentioned above) don't mean anything specific. You can divide people by different traits in different ways.
If the white haired guys were considered "true citizens" of the Republic and the rest "only/second class citizens" (the "quite unlikely that they will be able to achieve power and authority" part) there was segregation going on.
Apr 18, 2021 11:58 AM
Nov 2019
alshu said:
Pranavk27 said:
Also by sheer no. of Alba's you might probably already get that they are true Republicans while Colotra also were Republic citizens but likely to have different ethnicity. So even if they get respected its seems quite unlikely that they will be able to achieve power and authority a true Republican like Alba can get unless they have 1000 + history of being multirace nation

Seriously I don't get what you are trying to say here.
The numbers (as mentioned above) don't mean anything specific. You can divide people by different traits in different ways.
If the white haired guys were considered "true citizens" of the Republic and the rest "only/second class citizens" (the "quite unlikely that they will be able to achieve power and authority" part) there was segregation going on.

Not really , you get my point later anyways .
Apr 18, 2021 12:10 PM

Apr 2015
Really good episode! Loved the OST during the fight, definitely gave off Sawano Hiroyuki vibes. Glad they cleared up the stuff about why every citizen had white hair. Racial discrimination plays an obvious role here, although I wonder how it works for interracial marriages. Still have some other questions on the war, especially in relation to the obvious lie of letting the 86 regain citizenship after serving for five-six years in combat considering the white-haired citizens don't even recognize any of them as human, but hopefully it'll all be explained sooner or later. I really like the interactions among the Spearhead Squadron, they all seem to really care for one another like family. Can't say the same for how they view their Handler, of course, but I'm very interested in seeing how their relationships will develop from here. Nothing particularly outstanding has happened so far, but it's definitely one of the most intriguing anime of the season so far and these episodes have done a great job of setting up the background and exposition of the story. Judging from the next episode's title, looks like we're in for a rough ride.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 18, 2021 12:11 PM

Jul 2017
It really hits me how the experiences of the light novels and the anime differ so much. The light novels always take me a lot more time than other ones since it's jam-packed with information regarding the battles, the weaponry and vehicles used, the tactics involved and the world building in general, the explanation of people's mindsets and the racial themes involved in so much detail that it feels almost like a glorified fictional lecture, which I don't mind at all since its enriched with content that I find exciting and fascinating to consume (although I will admit, would rather read Muv-Luv: Alternative and their themes/battles myself).

The anime on the other hand, explores a more show, less tell approach with reducing the amount of exposition to the bare minimum while letting the illustrations do the talking with how weapons look and function, how the 86 feel about the Republicans and vice versa, with nice badges too to represent the Personal Names and titles for the 86ers in battle. It feels a bit too fast at times or lacking in real detail at times but still, does the job to keep the episode and show exciting while not just bore everyone with having exposition the entire time like the books. Books can afford to have so much exposition due to the medium, but the anime needs more pace and life than that, especially for a fantasy sci-fi series like this that can't rely on visual gimmicks like a Monogatari.

Did wish for better directing during the talking scenes, especially during the lecture where one frame was used for 15 seconds in a row when Lena was talking and ranting about the treatment of 86ers. But the battles at least are a ton of fun to watch, and the Sawano music only adds the hype factor by tenfold. The battles carry the anime experience imo.
Apr 18, 2021 12:48 PM

Apr 2018
Seeing how the people who fight for the country are treated is rough. The fight scene tho was amazing in my opinion.
Apr 18, 2021 12:52 PM

May 2018
Man, I'm not getting the politics that those white Hired people were iving in compared to the castaways who have normal hair color.
Apr 18, 2021 2:13 PM
Jun 2017
alshu said:
KanekiKen101 said:
Soldiers fucking around and acting goofy during war is nothing new.

Those are not your regular soldiers tho, more like penal military unit (for people guilty of being "pigs who failed to evolve").

Still doesn't change my point though. Acting goofy to distract yourself from the horrors of war or your terrible life is a possible mechanism used by soldiers and people in horrible circumstances. Not to mention, the spearhead squad is literally unique from what I gather based on their interactions, survival rate and what they do. They've built a community around each other and shin for support. hence "you are lucky to be in this squad" quote. Lena's conversation with her old squad made it seem like other squads aren't the same way at all. The tone of the people speaking over the mic were filled with toxicity and utter despair, and you see ppl dying left and right.
Apr 18, 2021 2:54 PM

May 2018
KanekiKen101 said:

Still doesn't change my point though.

Like it's a matter of balance for me. They should've made them a bit creepy and detached while joking. Those guys look too normal for me.
It's a matter of preference...so this is how you see the situation vs me.

KanekiKen101 said:
the spearhead squad is literally unique from what I gather based on their interactions, survival rate and what they do.

I guess they are more special from the others but still certain amount of angst would help painting them as more nuanced.
Maybe we will get that soon, but still I don't like their introduction here and in the previous episode.

KanekiKen101 said:
"you are lucky to be in this squad"

I thought it's bitter irony.
Apr 18, 2021 6:13 PM

Jan 2020
The sawano soundtrack was glorius and it's nice seeing more of the world

Apr 18, 2021 8:09 PM
Feb 2021
I think this one is one of the best CG I has seen out their in an anime. The way they animated it is pretty cool. I like how the introduce us to the actual problem in ep 2. Another racism, wars, and politics coppurtion (don't how to spell that-) pretty cool.
Apr 18, 2021 9:37 PM
Nov 2020
i fkin love this show
Apr 19, 2021 2:04 AM

Jul 2017
Damn this show is so good. The battle between those spider thingy juggernaut vs Legion is well made. from CGI and all the SFX is great. Sawano's Ost just makes it even better!!!

well, I still don't quite get on the political side yet. but can't wait for the next Ep.
Apr 19, 2021 3:52 AM

May 2018
The atmosfer like aldnoah.zero... for some reason, but i can't explain in detail. Uh oh... Feels good man.
Apr 19, 2021 4:46 AM

Nov 2013
I get ww2 vibes from this, Female MC - Mirize - I wonder how she hasn't been silenced or at least removed from military, she's a righteous, overly optimistic "fool" and an obvious traitor. I understand what she's trying to do, but is the high command sleeping? Anime explains her baldness with "she has a powerful protector", but seriously is that all? Imagine if a family member of one of the Nazi top command started lecturing the youth about Jew human rights lol.

So far Handler's role doesn't amount to shit. Male MC and his team seem to be doing well on their own.

Enemy army - Legion - is what intrigues me the most. So, they're a "rogue" droid army that will "die out" or self destruct in 2 years? -_- I wonder how much of that is bullshit propaganda made by the republic. Also, the map didn't give much info. Is the republic surrounded by the enemy? If legion destroyed own creator (and they seem to be far bigger than the republic) how come the republic hasn't been overwhelmed yet?

Hopefully we'll get a proper explanation to all this.
Apr 19, 2021 6:35 AM
Nov 2018
Lamyanba1999 said:
dreampunk said:
what i get from it theres 2 reasons
1. put him out of their misery
2. they said earlier that if they're gonna die they wanna die by the hands of the reaper (shin)

Can’t they just treat the injuries . I don’t think that guy was on a brink of death , so

I'll just say that besides not having much in the way of medical support there is another reason...
Apr 19, 2021 6:44 AM

Mar 2018
Lamyanba1999 said:
I don’t understand this
Why did Shin killed his injured teammate in Ep 1

I believe he was dying and they don’t have surgeons or doctors to help him.

Chris_Concept said:
Damn I feel bad for the life of an 86
Also I probably missed this but why do they have 2 years to end the war?

It’s estimated to annihilate all the legions coming from the Empire of Giad in 2 years.
mneav3Apr 19, 2021 8:18 AM
Apr 19, 2021 8:07 AM

Nov 2011
Mirize giving the cold hard truth to the class was nice. But I think there will be only so much protection from her Uncle. It's going to come back and bite her in the ass.

Shin was interesting. He was clearly reading that book but after what Kaie said it made it seem like he can't read or write. So I am intrigued by that.

A very good episode. I am waiting for shit to hit the fan though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 19, 2021 9:04 AM

Apr 2015
Undertaker reminds me of mc from Aldnoah Zero :lol
op emotionless. Need to have a character like Klein to spice it up man, having just emotionless MC only is not that great.

Hope to be better. 7/10 for me. Probably going to raise my score if more character is introduced.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Apr 19, 2021 12:27 PM

Nov 2019
Chris_Concept said:
Plotva741 said:

The Legion have limited timespan.

Oh right!
She did mention that undertaker has 1 year left

Actually the Legion isn't supposed to work more than a certain amount of years before they recieve an update. As the Empire is apparently gone, there has been no updates, and hence the ending war.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 19, 2021 9:43 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A nice longer fighting mech episode. The animation is done well for the action scenes and the plot was developed so that we can see the background of the war and its fighters.
Apr 20, 2021 12:55 AM

Dec 2018
If anything makes me stay with this anime, it's Hiroyuki Sawano. I like this adaptation much more how it sounds than how it looks.

Batteru!

Apr 20, 2021 6:32 AM
Apr 2021
Debasky said:
Undertaker reminds me of mc from Aldnoah Zero :lol
op emotionless. Need to have a character like Klein to spice it up man, having just emotionless MC only is not that great.

Hope to be better. 7/10 for me. Probably going to raise my score if more character is introduced.

He just doesn't have his feelings sorted out, he isn't like Inaho who really doesn't bat to anything
Apr 20, 2021 3:18 PM
Jan 2021
The only thing bugging me about this anime is that Lena is incredibly naive. Everything she has done up to this point has been cringey to me, idk maybe im just annoying. Does she get better tho?
Apr 20, 2021 3:23 PM
Mar 2019
This episode is beyond my expectation
Absolute Great
11/10
Apr 20, 2021 3:57 PM
Jun 2009
hednie said:
The only thing bugging me about this anime is that Lena is incredibly naive. Everything she has done up to this point has been cringey to me, idk maybe im just annoying. Does she get better tho?

She is the Relena/Marina of the series.

Just see how their names rhyme.
Apr 20, 2021 4:49 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Wow our protag and his teammates use spider mechas, something you don't usually see as mecha in anime tends to have a look of cool humanoid design, it's unique I like the spider mechas :)

I got anxious a bit when Lena was spouting the truth so openly in front of the new recruits, I was expecting her to be apprehended with that kind of..."insubordination" but I guess she had a pass thanks to his uncle's influence.

the silver/purple haired girl freom 86, Anju, looks interesting as she actually does no need to be discriminated due to her hair color...hmn :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 20, 2021 6:56 PM
Mar 2021
hednie said:
Shin and Lena will have huge character development at volume 6 & 7 of the light novel. But sadly at most we will only get up to volume 4 adapted in this season.
Apr 20, 2021 7:08 PM
Jan 2015
kljy said:
hednie said:
Shin and Lena will have huge character development at volume 6 & 7 of the light novel. But sadly at most we will only get up to volume 4 adapted in this season.
They'll have development this season too, mainly in the content in vol 1 and 4 will cover.
My Queens

Apr 21, 2021 3:26 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was really needed, it answered a lot of questions.

So Shin is the Levi of this anime.

At first it didn't seem that similar to AoT to me but after watching this episode I see they're quite similar

Those spider looking bots really gets on my nerves.

The ED by Mizuki was amazing.
Rickydory123Apr 21, 2021 3:32 PM
Apr 21, 2021 4:12 PM

Sep 2014
that awkward stare from the teacher over to the military police after saying the enemy will shut down in 2 years makes me think it definitely wont. Deduction 100/100 I know

Good old "humans rights only apply to humans". Never gets old. This seems like it will be fun.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 86 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

385 by lightningtorch »»
Jun 23, 12:45 PM

Poll: » 86 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

266 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 11, 4:21 AM

» Eighty-Six: The Complete Season avalable for purchase on digital

jorel262 - May 22

2 by IhnalakoKaina »»
May 22, 10:05 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

433 by yuyiyu »»
May 22, 6:47 AM

Poll: » 86 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2021

243 by lordmisanthrope »»
May 16, 1:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.