Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2021 9:06 PM
Apr 2016
Man this episode was fucking INTENSE! Brilliant directing. Bravo Mappa.
Mar 7, 2021 9:12 PM

Oct 2020
Episodes like this one make me happy Mappa is the one animating this season.
Mar 7, 2021 9:19 PM
Jul 2018
Damn the visuals and direction this episode.

Eren just casually meeting his childhood buddies and Floch on his Joker shit, he is just a perfect foil to scouts and it's damn entertaining seeing this guy having no Talk-no-jutsu just facts.
Floch Forster....You're one crazy bastard.

removed-userMar 7, 2021 9:50 PM
Mar 7, 2021 9:33 PM

Oct 2013
FuMomo-kun said:
Did they give Falco a bath in the manga too? haha I don't remember that happening.

I really want Floch and Gabi to die. I hate them both.

Kaya's voice actor was amazing. When she cried, it really felt like someone had lost somebody very important. In anime, when people cry, it usually feels fake, like they're trying to sound cute or I don't what. So, I'm quite impressed by Kaya's ugly crying. Hopelessness doesn't need to be pretty.

I wish Sasha's mum stabbed Gabi after taking the knife from the dad, and said "Oh, you wanted me to put this thing away? I thought you wanted me to finish the job. Oops!" Then, she gives Nicolo a high five.

Yes the bath scene was also in the manga.
Mar 7, 2021 9:41 PM
Jul 2011
The cycle of violence comes full circle in revelation for Gabi. Baus speech was a good one. Now everyone can finally move on from Sasha. The birth of King Floch in all his glory. This episode was real good.

Finally Eren meets up with Armin and Mikasa to have that "talk". Next episode is gonna be outrage fuel for a certain camp oho.
Mar 7, 2021 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
This episode went 360

Mar 7, 2021 10:17 PM

Nov 2019
Levi Heichou - I swear from beginning until now you are still the same person with same principles, I love your character more and more.
Mar 7, 2021 10:22 PM

Dec 2018
I desperately wanted Kaya to kill Gabi... I can't understand Gabi-apologists really. Everyone in the show has been through hell and back, most probably suffered traumas a lot worse than Gabi's and I've yet to find a character more hateworthy than Gabi.
Mar 7, 2021 10:28 PM

Apr 2017
Why the fuck is Floch so perfect.
cunnysseur
Mar 7, 2021 11:11 PM
Sep 2020
Jarrnn said:
10/10

sike 11/10 just for floch's expression

Floch was fire🔥🔥
Mar 7, 2021 11:13 PM
Sep 2020
The way eren walked in was so scary and funny at the same time

What a great episode
Last episode I was a little disappointed but this one brought the AOT hype back

10/10 episode
Mar 7, 2021 11:18 PM
Dec 2020
I'm gonna be honest. Most deaths in this show have always felt very cheap to me, as if, they're only done for shock value. I felt that with Levi's squad in season 1 (the only name I remember is Petra cause she's a cute girl), as well as with the scout group in Utgard castle in season 2 (the only name I remember is Nanana because she was a hot girl, or guy or whatever lol I don't care, they were hot).

Hannes death was memorable, just because of Eren's reaction, and Yuki Kaaji's voice acting, but I forgot about it pretty soon. Miche's death is memorable to me just because that's the first time a titan talked on the show, and the animation and art for the entire scene was out of this world. Marlow's death was good tbh, I did feel something because the relationship between him and Hitch was at least developed a little bit, even if they weren't developed much as characters. Erwin's death was a giant blow to me, it felt like the first ever major death in the series. And then, Sasha's death was pretty meh for me, because she was pretty underdeveloped, even though she was a part of the OG squad since the beginning. Her episode in season 2 was great, but the only thing I know about her is that she's the comedic relief and she likes food. Oh, and that she's a good sharpshooter.

The point that I'm getting to is, while I didn't feel much when Sasha died, I really love the way how her death is leading to these incredible character moments, with Gabi, Sasha's family, Nicolo, and the group. All of this makes her death feel planned and memorable, rather than just being killed off for shock and gore, which this show is very guilty of. I also love how Miche's death comes into play, how his ODM gear comes into the story in with Zeke and Kiyomi. Overall, I feel like there's almost no death in this season that feels like it's cheap, and this is a change I really appreciate. The storytelling in this season is on another level than before, in my opinion.
Mar 7, 2021 11:21 PM
Sep 2020
Best character for me

1:Floch🔥(his character development is short and sweet,loved him)
2:Falco(This kid better be my younger brother ,I will treat him better)
3:Mr Blouse(You call them island devils,who are more sympathetic than you think)
4:Niccolo (At one moment I kinda felt iffy and then the next moment bang he brought it back
5:Scouts(Not wanting to kill Gabi)
6:Gabi(the girl herself)
7:Eren(The other characters were sooo good that this guy will have to wait
8:Sasha's elder sister(Good girl)

The other characters were ok

But damn this episode had too many character arcs in one episode

This episode was nailed well
Mar 7, 2021 11:40 PM
Oct 2019
bipac said:
SErwins said:
Everything seems good except ost 4/10 they are using same ost again and again where is my boy swano

I don't get it. The OST suits the scene tonally and enhances it. What's the problem then?
Or is it because YSBG is not being blared over and over in the scene?
I can say with confidence that if people didn't know it was Yamamoto's tracks they would be praising it to kingdom come.

it's because it's a new studio lmao, people want to bitch about anything possible that they would otherwise not give a shit about if wit had done it. Funny that the sound director is the same person but they choose now to cry about the OST choices every single episode.
Mar 7, 2021 11:40 PM

May 2018
SVTFOE4EVR said:
Gabi is having a mental breakdown right now

When is she not lol. Half of Gabi's screen-time is her frantically acting like a lunatic, and I want to slap her the entire time
Mar 7, 2021 11:51 PM
Dec 2020
xertload said:

it's because it's a new studio lmao, people want to bitch about anything possible that they would otherwise not give a shit about if wit had done it. Funny that the sound director is the same person but they choose now to cry about the OST choices every single episode.

While the sound director is the same, he/she does not have full control over the scenes. In the end, the studio change does matter, and all the track choices probably have to go through the approval of the episode directors. The tasks are compartmentalised in production, but it all has to go through one person/a small group in the final stage.
Mar 8, 2021 12:21 AM

Jul 2020
The most disturbing episode ever.Niccolo's cooking gives me Sanji vibes lmao.I really thought that Kaya would forgive she doesn't really look like that kinds character who'll kill you.I also didn't thought that Gabi really cares for Falco.
I always thought that Sasha should've died in the titan attack in season2 when she was saving the titan but after this episode I really prefer the death where Gabi shoots Sasha as this death provides more impact and more character developments than the latter.
Wtf?Eren just casually walked in like it's nothing lol.
EDIT:SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE AN EDIT WHERE EREN CASUALLY WALKS IN AND HE IS WEARING THE DRIP JACKET.IN THE NEXT SCENE HE ORIGINALLY SAYS HE WANTS TO TALK TO MIKASA AND ARMIN BUT IN THE EDIT HE SHOULD SAY "I WANTED TO SHOW THIS DRIP TO YOU GUYS"
Please.That would be GOLD.
ScordoloMar 8, 2021 12:34 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 8, 2021 12:33 AM

Aug 2008
gabi is just a branwashed kid, but i must say i feel sorry for falco, is no ep he to not be hurt due to her
he is smart and knows when to keep his mouth shout
i like niccolo, but atm he is torn apart but i admit i have no idea what happen with him in the manga
i forgot o.0
anyone can tell me?
The spider is watching
Mar 8, 2021 12:47 AM
Jun 2017
Things are just getting more complicated for the JAegerist vs the Scouts... BETRAYAL IS JUST SO REAL ON THIS ONE...

ANd now Gabi and Falco are being in the middle of that conflict...

and Captain Levi now are regretting that he saved Eren in the past...

How much will the story goes? im so excited about it
Mar 8, 2021 12:50 AM

Jul 2019
What an amazing episode, this was on of the best dialogue episode for me its on par with declaration of war.
Mar 8, 2021 1:14 AM

Nov 2020
10/10 voice acting, beautiful scenery in ragako village.
Mar 8, 2021 1:33 AM
Jan 2018
I only want to say the world isn't ready for episode 14.. everyone's gonna get shocked
Mar 8, 2021 1:37 AM
Sep 2020
Eren's chad entry got me. He was like
Eren: supriso muda phoka
And gabi was like: O-oh sh-shitt!! 😂😂😂
Mar 8, 2021 1:55 AM
Nov 2019
is there any chances for Arifumi Imai's appearance in ep 14's staff list?
Mar 8, 2021 2:18 AM

Mar 2019
Good episode. Liked it better than the previous two. However, the dinner scene didn't hit me as hard as I was anticipating. It's probably one of my top five favorite chapters in the manga because of that scene. Something was off about it here. Maybe the rough art/animation bothered me... I don't know.
Mar 8, 2021 2:19 AM

Jul 2013
Damn this episode hit different in so many ways. It was interesting to hear and see how Marley was able to transform the people of Ragako into titans with the help of gas including Zekes spinal fluid. I had no clue they had this option, but this must definitely be a reason why they won so many wars against other nations.

The scene at the restaurante where Nicolo invited Mr. Braus and his family to (including Gabi and Falco) began pretty wholesome and it seemed everyone had fun.
I knew Nicolo just wanted to protect Jean and the others. Until then, of course, I didn't know that the wine also contained Zeke's spinal fluid but from an episode before we knew something was up with it.

Gabi really didn't know what she maneuvered into when she spoke to Nicolo. The atmosphere changed drastically from there on. The VA's again did such an amazing job.
When Sasha's father asked Nicolo for the knife, I knew immediately that he wouldn't kill Gabi. And I'm really glad this was the case because it just shows that he as an adult understands the situation. Kids should never be responsible for the things their ancestors did in the past. That's why the Marley system is so fucked up with the kid soldiers. At some point the circle of violence and hate has to stop even if it's hard. And that was exactly the message Mr. and Mrs. Braun wanted to give towards Gabi.
In comparison, Kaya's reaction was justified for a kid. That's the perfect example for a very young individual who has a lot to learn about the world and what certain actions like killing someone can cause. This made Sashas death even more important for the story.
I just feel bad for Falco who again took the most damage in protecting Gabi. I hope he's fine and that wine didn't contain Zeke's spinal fluid.

I loved the inner monologue of Levi where he was questioning himself for believing in Eren. But like he said in S1. "No matter what kind of wisdom dictates you the option you pick, no one will be able to tell if it's right or wrong until you arrive to some sort of outcome from your choice."

It's good to see Nicolo already regretting what he almost did. When Gabi talks to Mikasa and Armin it shows again how brainwashed she really is. "Why did you protect me? Why don't you kill me?" That's all she talks about which is just mindblowing to hear from a kid. No wonder Armin had such an exhausting reaction.

Erens appearance got me completely off guard. He casually entered the room as it was nothing wtf.
Well shit. I don't know what happened to Floche but my god that guy became crazy. Hange and the whole military got completely set up and just seem helpless. It also felt like the whole conversation was just a funny little game for Floche. Especially when Hange asked him how he knew about the wine, his facial expression gave me a shiver.

And now Eren, Mikasa, Armin and Gabi are all sitting down at the same table. You can tell from Gabi's facial expression and her shaking body how much fear she is feeling right now. The whole time I was wondering if Eren would get in contect with them but now that the time has come I don't even know if I'm ready.

2 things are definitely bothering me:

1) Something tells me the conversation won't go well and it's likely to be very dramatic

and

2) Why do I have the feeling Levi is in danger? I didn't read the manga so I could be wrong but after hearing that many of the MP's drank that wine even without knowing much people exactly it definitely feels like it.

Overall excellent episode and the VA's were killing it like always.

Natsu88Mar 8, 2021 10:13 AM

Mar 8, 2021 2:38 AM

Apr 2020
Naruto_D_Uchiha said:
Kaasfondue said:
it's the best take you've seen all day and you know it. or did sweet little farmer girl going berserker actualy have an impact on you

it did for me. also it was ironic how everyone forgave her and protected her but her first friend tried to kill her. and also kaya tried to kill her because she loved sasha so much and wasn't old enough nor mature as sasha's parents thats why she was the only one who attacked. (also ur acting like she attacked her in a professional way lmao all she did was grab the nearest blade and attack.)
There's no way she was supposed to be the mature one like Falco. Sasha was just another soldier she could've died any day.
Mar 8, 2021 2:45 AM

Oct 2016
That was an amazing episode! They did such a good job with that whole thing with Niccolo, made me almost tear up. Say what you want about Gabi, but I am really loving her developments. Poor Falco though, the things he goes through for Gabi and he most probably drank some Zeke spinal fluid, that is some big yikes. The goodest boi does not deserve this shit.

Madlads made that Floch *shush* scene even better lmao, Flochad. The way Eren just casually walks in on Armin, Mikasa and Gabi. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 8, 2021 2:50 AM
Nov 2016
One thing that I didn't get was how Zeke can use the coordination ability. Isn't that ability exclusive to the founding titan? If it's a manga spoiler, then I don't want to know
Mar 8, 2021 2:56 AM

Jul 2016
Dimah85 said:
Levi Heichou - I swear from beginning until now you are still the same person with same principles, I love your character more and more.

Levi.

The true king of kings.
Mar 8, 2021 2:56 AM
Apr 2018
zzzmohamed said:
Why did the title card say this was episode 12 lol? Anyway great episode, what a cliffhanger and it's literally insanity from here onwards. I can't wait.

It says 72. I noticed it on episode 70 (10?). The seven is a bit weird
Mar 8, 2021 3:07 AM

May 2020
Awesome episode! With all the tension from the dramatic irony in the previous episode, it was really intense seeing the truth finally get revealed. Man Gabi just doesn't know when to shut her mouth, but I still love her as a character lol. Hope Falco recovers; he deserves better.
Mar 8, 2021 4:02 AM

Sep 2020
Everyone has said it already and i will gonna say it one more time,this should be rated seinen instead due to darker tone and almost no sense of subtlety at all,especially when the girl who saved by sasha tries to kill gabi,she still a child,imagine if you do that because she kill the beloved ones you love.

do you even notice that

ishowhatredMar 8, 2021 4:37 AM
Mar 8, 2021 4:57 AM
Oct 2019
Lmao Falco need to stop taking hits for Gabi... Poor Falco

Sasha Dad is the 👑

Oh boy so many drama happening at the same time...
Things are getting more complicated
Mar 8, 2021 5:13 AM

Aug 2014
she is still alive.. and lucky enough to not be the one who drank the wine... I am starting to hate that Isayama...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 8, 2021 5:23 AM

Mar 2017
Wow... so Eren's gone full terrorist huh? I can't predict what is gonna happen at all and I can't work out why Eren is willingly dancing on the palm of Zeke's hand and turning his back on everything - unless there's something he knows that everyone else doesn't? Hmmm...

Mr. Blouse's speech made me cry, it was so beautiful. That scene was genius! In a single scene, it showed that Marleyians aren't evil and Eldians aren't evil - they're both just people.
Mar 8, 2021 5:54 AM

Jun 2020
I feel bad for Falco because he always gets punished for the shit Gabi does
Mar 8, 2021 6:02 AM

Feb 2014
Bloody hell, everything really got serious so damn quickly and I'm loving every second of it!

Every scene at Niccolo's restaurant was powerful and it was delivered blow after blow after blow. First off, Niccolo completely loses it after finding out that Gabi killed Sasha, the girl that he loved. While she was running her mouth and boasting about the killing, Falco came him to save her from being smashed on the head by the wine bottle Niccolo had in his hand.

Still enraged, Niccolo drags Gabi and Falco to the room where the Blouse family are eating with the intent of wanting them to kill Gabi to avenge Sasha. I'm really glad that Mr Blouse had no intention of killing her whatsoever. He has every right to be angry at her, but he knows he's only going to make that cycle of hate continue if he did kill Gabi, so sparing her was the right thing to do. He has my respect for that.

However, the surprises only continue. Not only did the wine that ended up in Falco's mouth was that of Zeke's spinal fluid, but Eren and the Yeagerists arrive, with Floch showcasing his feelings for the military and their goal of finding Zeke. His smug expression aimed at Hange was savage, though. He went from such a dickhead of a character in season 3 to someone who acts like this. Honestly, it's rather entertaining.

I also liked how the anime showed flashback scene without the forest as Levi contemplated and reminisced about his time with Eren and his opinion of him going at an all time low. I can only think that the next episode will get him and Zeke involved one way or another. I don't see this train of pain slowing down anytime soon! XD
Mar 8, 2021 6:10 AM

May 2009
Jesus fking christ this episode was bonkers through and through. This just turned into a 3 way battle, goddamnit.
Mar 8, 2021 7:09 AM

Jun 2020
Jeanboy going straight for the booze. This is why I love him.

L O L @ BEN N MIA’S OSCAR-WORTHY STOMACHACHE ACTING
Thanks Niccolo for punching Gabi..... I felt that and I appreciated that LOL

Gabi doesn’t deserve Falco. Falco why you gotta be such a best boi. My heart sank a little when Armin was talking to Gabi. Gabi please...... just shut the fuck up already. She should thank heavens that the demons that she talks about have shown her forgiveness & empathy, she could never be like them. They see the implications of the war that they are all caught in & would never take it out on another suffering kid. I wish she would just stop her bullshit already it’s so exhausting to watch her. She’s even worse than Eren was back then. The nerve of this kid to still ask them if they really didn’t hate her. Niccolo literally personified their pain they all shared.

F L O C H ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Great episode. I need more Reiner

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 8, 2021 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
poemofdevil said:
Good episode. Liked it better than the previous two. However, the dinner scene didn't hit me as hard as I was anticipating. It's probably one of my top five favorite chapters in the manga because of that scene. Something was off about it here. Maybe the rough art/animation bothered me... I don't know.

Sucks to be you. I'll enjoy the scene for you.
Mar 8, 2021 8:20 AM
Oct 2019
Dang. So close to Gabi dying. That would have been a win.
Mar 8, 2021 8:44 AM

Apr 2020
wow!

Just wow!

As a manga reader, I did not expect this episode to be so wonderful!

What a episode!
Fantastic dialogues and great ost!

This episode made me cry!
Nicolo's words about Sasha were wonderful!T_T
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Mar 8, 2021 9:45 AM

Aug 2015
Amazing episode. "I'll kill you Eren Jaegar" meanwhile sitting silently when he's right there!

Although I always liked it to be Connie x Sasha. It was nice to see Nicolo's love for her!

Face from nightmares:

#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Mar 8, 2021 10:25 AM

Jan 2012
Every episode I just keep wondering how they're going to wrap it up since there are so many chapters left...
Mar 8, 2021 10:31 AM
Feb 2021
I_Am_Freeballing said:
People who don't understand why Mr. Braus didn't kill Gabi don't really understand anything.
I know right. People have Gabby mentality lol
Mar 8, 2021 11:01 AM
Mar 2021
ciaramccluskey said:
I hate Gabi. I hate her so much. I don't give a shit if you're trying to be quirky saying some shit like "but you don't understand her". You're right, I don't understand her and I don't want to. All I'm saying is if she doesn't face some serious consequences for the shit that she was pulled I'm going to be annoyed. Falco is the progressive one who is actually trying to understand both sides and he continues to take the fall for her dumb shit, while she continues to run around killing people because she's a fucking sheep. Fuck Gabi.

I understand why you feel like that, but I think that having characters like her is very important. She is just a child who has been told certain things since a very young age, and because of that she has her own point of view, which is absolutely valid (even if it's not correct). In the real world it's full of people who hate others just because they've been brainwashed since they've been children, and AoT is doing a very good job representing that f*cked up part of our society. It's important to show how the way she has been brought up has formed her personality, and haw it affects her actions. Yes, Gabi can be very frustrating at times (almost always tbh), but it's really interesting to observe how she is slowly starting to realise that she might be wrong, and that the world is not what she has been made to believe. She is a pretty radical person so it wouldn't make sence for her to change her beliefs overnight. You can judge her actions all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that she is a very interesting and important character, who deserves to have her character development
yoanna_nnMar 8, 2021 11:05 AM
Mar 8, 2021 11:12 AM

Apr 2017
well, we didn't get as far into the EMA+G convo as i thought we would, so we're gonna have to wait until next week to see the full confrontation. i must say though i wasn't expecting eren to just silently walk into the room like he did - i thought we'd see him walk through the door like in the manga but the outcome is the same.

and we finally see ragako get zook'd. i like how they put the spinal fluid reveal in this episode instead of explaining it earlier. it made it more emotional especially with falco.

niccolo simping for sasha is still one of my favorite parts of the story, it's oddly wholesome but also incredibly sad and niccolo's reaction while violent is also understandable. it also makes you love the braus family even more

i kinda wish they'd kept zeke's "you're not popular with the ladies, are you?" in his forest chat with levi like in the manga - that was probably one of my favorite lines lmao. their scuffles are hilarious to watch

next episode: EMA!
Mar 8, 2021 11:34 AM
Jun 2016
Finally got to see this ep!
I really liked how they made Levi's flashback scene. And is it me, or he looks more emotional in comparison of previous seasons?
Seems like the whole situation is really getting out of hands, huh...

And of course, Eren! It's really sad to see him with such a blank expression. Reminds of an empty shell.
Mar 8, 2021 11:43 AM
Jun 2015
Madness......
That Ep felt like Top 10 moments before disaster.....
As an Anime only I am fucking scared ;_;
But god damn must say that the non action episodes shine more than action Episodes! That just shows how good of a writer Ishiyama is!
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

693 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

818 by SaimonIdk »»
May 21, 9:50 AM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.