Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 12, 2014 7:01 AM

Nov 2012
The show is boring me. I thought even if execution was off (which I could see from episode 1) that at least the scenarios might be ridiculous enough for keep me entertained. Unfortunately that isn't either. Might give the show one more episode before dropping it.
Jul 12, 2014 7:06 AM
Apr 2014
Hmm I really don't get why people dislike this so much. Sure the tag on the MAL page is wrong(seriously this isn't action) but it's still fun to watch. Gets quite a few laughs out of me even though it's predictable(maybe even because of that).

Well. Whatever. As long people stop watching it altogether instead of going like

this after every episode. If you don't like it drop it but don't bash it constantly.

Shaniyaz said:
That little kid was actually aiming for those huge boobs of Haruka. :p

had the exact same thought :D was wondering that it wasn't mentioned at all.
Jul 12, 2014 7:48 AM

May 2009
The show is nice despite the huge boobs. Most of all I hate the shining asses... why do we have to see every detail of the ass?!! o_O
Another thing I was wondering about: why the f*ck keep talking to each other when you have only like 2 minutes left to disarm the bomb xD

oh well. Wondering what the next episode will bring us...
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jul 12, 2014 11:47 AM

Mar 2011
That ass...those curves...I'm loving this show.
Jul 12, 2014 12:07 PM
May 2013
Naoto and Aoi. I ships it! Gotta love a good tsundre!
Jul 12, 2014 12:49 PM

May 2009
This show scratches a strange Bollywood itch that I never knew I had. Tons of inconsistencies and corniness, but it makes me enjoy the show even more somehow, like looking for easter eggs.

I have a feeling this show is going to pull a Sakurasou with the shipping. It'll go between both female protagonists and we'll never get a clear answer.
Jul 12, 2014 4:00 PM
Jun 2014
I'm more surprised how the 2 guys don't react to all of the tits/ass shots. I was expecting something to happen when the kid dived into her boobs lol.
Jul 12, 2014 5:41 PM

Jan 2014
I thought this show was gonna more SoLish, really didn't see the bomb explotion thingy coming. Enjoyed it, tho the fanservice annoyed me at some points.
Jul 12, 2014 8:39 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah, I pretty much lost it when her mouth stopped moving. This show is bad and the characters are still totally one dimensional, especially MC. I'm still holding out hope that Koumi will end up being a yandere, though.

Still, the ass and titties are amazing and is enough to keep me around until at least the third or fourth episode. Dat plot.
Jul 12, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
That was a lot more enjoyable than the first episode. Maybe because I lowered my expectations by half. Or maybe it was actually good. I can't even tell anymore. Defusing a bomb is a pretty cool concept by itself. Too bad they didn't twist it up a bit.

Love the subtle fan service of Sakurai with those tight shorts and leggings shots.
Jul 12, 2014 11:07 PM

Dec 2013
Decent episode, even with all the barely noticeable/unimportant little slights (Bottle nozzle? Blank poster? Seriously?! You guys must be anal. Lighten up!). The pacing was decent, and the characters were mostly believable. I can understand the "putting others before yourself" mentality and the "try to be a hero and diffuse a bomb" mentality, but whats with Koumi standing around the lost and found doing nothing of use for a whole 4 minutes? It added absolutely nothing to the scene and then Naoto basically tells her off by saying "GO actually help some people outside for F's sake!" before she even thinks of moving away. Funny thing, she wasn't even scared there, just blank....

Yes that kid was aiming for Koumi's rack. That scene would never have happened with Sakurai otherwise.

Oh that cliche diffuse the bomb in time thing is getting really old... for once you would hope to see them fail and the lost-and-found get blown to smithereens. It would make for a better character development ploy, methinks. Failure is a bigger learning experience than success afterall. I still find it unbelievable that the bomb scene just happened to be in the same episode that they ate the dessert with liquid nitrogen, and that it only took Sakurai less than 30 seconds to rush out to grab the nitrogen bottle and run back in time to save them all, it's just physically impossible unless the restaurant was NEXT DOOR, AND Sakurai knew where the liquid nitrogen was placed (remember, cutting the red line basically SPED UP the countdown, she ran out at a little under 1:30 left).... Come on, even Usan Bolt wouldn't have been able to run more than 300 meters with that time limit.

The scene between Sakurai and Takayama at the end was just..... I dunno, basically he won her over with his dumb sense of selflessness and lack of common sense (oh its a bomb, we gotta pick it up and get rid of it! Dunno if it has any traps or how big the blast radius is though). We now get the buds of a Triangle where the big forgettable dude gets, not even the short end of the stick, but no stick, lol.

Oh well, it was fun to watch though. The OP and ED work for me.
Can't wait to see what other disaster shows up in the coming episodes (am betting there'll be one about earthquakes because, hey, they already had thieves and terrorists, they'll be running out of ideas soon).

Edit: Just noticed the new girl in the next episode preview. Mari! (Have a thing for headphone girls :P)
L-RyoshiJul 12, 2014 11:13 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 13, 2014 12:29 AM
Nov 2013
I've recently heard Rail Wars! described as "horribly average," and to be honest that is a perfect description of this series so far.
It's not bad (except for the fact that they don't understand how liquid nitrogen works in this episode), but there doesn't seem to be any heart behind what they're writing. It feels like "another action series," and it's definitely not campy enough to be a parody of action series, so I don't see what the point of it is.
Jul 13, 2014 1:07 AM

May 2011
Dat ass, dat ass everywhere. Sakurai confirmed for best ass girl. In all seriousness though, it was nice to see Sakurai's soft side at the end.

But damn lol, the first real day at their jobs and they have to diffuse a bomb already. What's up next?
Jul 13, 2014 7:38 AM
Apr 2012
Poor Sakurai had her gun taken away but wow is she skilled, bomb diffusing, impressive. Nice that Takayama believed in her though it isn't like he had much choice. Poor dog, hope they keep it. 5/5
Jul 13, 2014 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
Love that Sakurai and Takayama moment.
Jul 13, 2014 12:16 PM

Mar 2014
I never really thought this kind could happen in a railway station but okay it keeps thing more fun
Jul 13, 2014 3:41 PM

Mar 2008
Wow, some people just love to nitpick. smh Anyways, this episode was good. At least there is decent action & not just fan service. Although I wouldn't mind just fan service.lol

P.S. The out of sync voices at 19:40 are fixed in the crunchyroll release.
Jul 14, 2014 5:23 AM

Nov 2013
Okay there's no avoiding the fact that Rail Wars is mediocre. The only reason I'm still watching this anime is for Sakurai's fucking delicious booty.

[spoiler][spoiler]

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; Image too large.
Suzune-chanJul 17, 2014 6:49 PM

Jul 14, 2014 5:59 AM

Mar 2012
Still hoping for some major development/plot..
Keep moving forward
Jul 14, 2014 9:39 AM

Aug 2013
I'm onboard the ship!
Cute is justice.
Jul 14, 2014 6:54 PM

Mar 2013
I can't keep going with this. Dropped.
Jul 15, 2014 12:33 AM

Apr 2012
liquid nitrogen dessert yummmm
shipping Sakurai and her booty

Jul 15, 2014 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
"i can't reach it"
"get closer. put your arm between my breasts"

this show is so dumb.

and all the girls walking around with their skirts wedged up their inexplicabl shiny asses....

i don't mind stupid fanservice shows, but if you're going to be a stupid fanservice show don't pretend that you're not. the concept for this show was actually kind of interesting. but i can't take this show seriously for a second.
Jul 15, 2014 7:25 PM

Dec 2008
Poor Takayama. All he wanted was to become a train engineer. Now he's deputy director of I have no idea what. His first task should be to transfer that read headed bitch somewhere else.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 15, 2014 8:00 PM

Jul 2012
Kay not gonna download this anymore. Streaming.

Gotta rewatch Zankyou no Terror to wash the taste of this show out of my mouth.
Jul 16, 2014 4:25 PM

Jul 2010
After a short string of tweets on Twitter I came here to see what other peeps think. I'm happy that many share the same feelings I have.

I just feel that the show seems empty. Like, I just sat there and watched something happen. I did not feel engaged at all. Are they trying to be dramatic? Funny? Perhaps a mixture of both? Other shows this season manged to flesh out multiple characters, and actually have me feel for them when something goes bad/good in their lives, within the first two episodes.

I'm not even bringing the animation errors (and yes, I feel that when a show has a shopping list of errors it's worth noting) into my judgement since I can overlook those to an extent. The only one I personally noticed was that Sakurai's chest was magically changing size between episodes/scenes. And yes, Sakurai does have a nice tush, but your animation budget should not go into a single character's "assets". If you're going for a Harem-type thing then that's totally cool since the focus is ON the assets most of the time.

Next week I will watch again. Most likely the week after that too. I have hope that something will make the show feel less empty to me and give it some needed vigor.

An actual conflict of some sort would be nice. :/
Jul 17, 2014 3:11 PM
Jul 2012
watched this after Zankyou no Terror, made a joke at the start "maybe there will be a bomb on the train" and...wasnt too far off lol
Jul 19, 2014 1:01 PM

Jun 2014
Plot holes everywhere

You're telling me the culprit didn't even think about the fact that he'd be surrounded by cops when he got the money?
Jul 20, 2014 11:38 AM
Dec 2013
LastChapter said:
That scene at the end~ Time to ship Naoto and Aoi.

HNNNNNG I ship them <3

Skraggy said:
Plot holes everywhere

You're telling me the culprit didn't even think about the fact that he'd be surrounded by cops when he got the money?
Yeah that was stupid..i i lol'd sp hard when he got arrested.
UchihaJul 20, 2014 11:41 AM
Jul 20, 2014 11:12 PM
Jul 2018
Nice timing on that exchange.

>"Hey, you got the money?"
>"Ye-" BOOOM
>"err... Sorry, can I still have the money?"
Jul 21, 2014 1:40 AM
Dec 2013
gr33nhippo said:
Nice timing on that exchange.

>"Hey, you got the money?"
>"Ye-" BOOOM
>"err... Sorry, can I still have the money?"
Haha i know right. So as the cops were gonna hand him the money, the terrorist has already set the bomb and regardless what there deal was, he was just playing like a bitch.
Jul 31, 2014 3:09 AM

Apr 2011
Fairly decent episode. Its quite entertaining even thought the animation has some flaw, but its not a bother and not noticeable for me.
Aug 1, 2014 3:40 PM

Dec 2013
PLs no Harem , just romance
Aug 5, 2014 12:53 PM
Nov 2012
Aversa said:
So you have an anti crime unit that uses the train and instead of putting them at a convenient location from which they can respond right away you put then underground.
And instead of using mechanical equipment to operate the doors and the lift of the train you make it all hand operated.
Sure that really works from a position like that they can certainly respond fast...

That scene is borrowed from Galaxy Railways. "Big One", their rescue train, has a similar lift. Without the guys trying to lift it by hand, or the manual doors, which made no sense at all.
Aug 7, 2014 4:14 AM

Nov 2010
The K-Yon (K-On! K4) squad turned from mall cops into CTU Tokyo
Oh well it was entertaining at least, some of the lip sync didn't match when Koumi was with the bomb
Takayama really looks like Kirito at times

In other news:
Mind the gap: Commuters push train to save trapped man in Perth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YORxs9E2Ex0
Aug 16, 2014 3:35 PM

Apr 2014
Better as expected. I liked this episode. The bomb scene was very exciting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2014 5:58 AM
May 2014
well it was better than teh 1st episode but I'm still not getting into it..

I'll give it a few more episodes but I'm not sure how that'll turn out :/
Aug 25, 2014 9:33 AM
Apr 2008
As an engineer I had to cringe really badly while watching the bomb scenes.

"I froze the circuit board so electricity couldn't flow through it"
I almost broke my desk by headdesking.
Aug 29, 2014 9:54 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
kuroho-kun said:
Anyone notice the animators ran out of time (I'm guessing)? There's a scene at 15:57 with a static image. There's voices... but the mouths ain't moving.

Otherwise... it was a decent episode. I thought the way they resolved the situation was at least a bit more realistic than most anime. I like to watch light stuff like this while I eat. Like Moonchipz said, it's entertaining for what it is.

Yea, on the AUEngine video, I noticed that from 15:57 to about 16:08 the animation static. The voices can be heard, but their mouths weren't moving.

I'm curious if Liquid Nitrogen would really help in real life when diffusing bombs.

I'm sure that crying kid just wanted to to cuddle in Haruka's boobs xD

Sep 14, 2014 10:08 PM

Jul 2013
red haired chick will fall for him I guarantee it!
Sep 22, 2014 3:54 AM

Jun 2011
He had to touch her breast to reach the yellow one.. uhm.. why not?

Perv kid, those crocodile tears, I know you're faking it. :p

Not sure if I am the only one, but I like the first episode better. Threaten to bomb the train station seems to be a good way to earn money. To be honest I thought it was stupid to search for the bomb, first of all they don't know how many bombs there are, right? Second, if you mobilize that many staffs to search for it, if the bomber is nearby, he would've noticed. He could have detonate the second one as a warning. I am sure there are a few more flaws.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 24, 2014 10:41 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
Ahhh that was much better. Sakurai proved to not be such a whiny cunty bitch all the time, and that she's actually really sincere. Very tense episode, and I'm really glad that I didn't drop it after the first episode.

Also dat booty near the end! O:

Oct 3, 2014 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

This anime series is a bit different from what I expected, not that there would not be the fanservice, but at least a bit more of a background SOL rail, it would be to my liking, however in this episode did not see much, indeed the best parts of the girls who make up the cast, they did their beautiful figure! LOL
Drawings and animations a little ugly, very best designs on the environments shown.
Not bad Opening and ending.
Oct 13, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode! I quite liked the action in this one. Let's see what's next.
Nov 19, 2014 4:14 AM
Nov 2013
The story is rolling lot different than i excepted or can say summary, I thought it was some thing about Rail Wars and here they are security and now the bomb squad team
so what next "Fire Fighters"???
Dec 12, 2014 11:55 PM

Aug 2013
Hahahaha.. a freaking bomb ?!
But it was good enough to amuse me.. Aoi at the end yummy. :D
Jul 31, 2015 8:44 AM
Jun 2015
Haha when i saw that dog i was like, wtf is it doing here?
When they said bomb, i knew it was the dog xD
but yeah. fun episode to watch!

~Jocasta~
Aug 15, 2015 4:59 PM

Jul 2014
that was a decent episode. The scene at the end with Sakurai and Naoto was cute.
Oct 1, 2015 7:46 AM
Dec 2009
Wow, I thought the second episode would focus on character development and back stories but instead they threw us straight into the action.

I loved all the shots of Tokyo Station... :)

And I love the ending theme!
May 1, 2016 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
Well that was actually a pretty enjoyable episode. Though it was pretty clear where the bomb was hidden, since that dog was some unfinished business of them :P
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

181 by KanthorFehga »»
Jan 30, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

75 by 424jersey106 »»
Aug 13, 2022 12:56 AM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

99 by Raizel »»
Jan 1, 2022 3:49 PM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

68 by ColdBisquiT »»
Dec 28, 2021 5:12 PM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Apakabar »»
Dec 4, 2021 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.