Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2021 12:14 PM

Oct 2020
Kosmonaut said:
Sourire said:
Considering how you’ve rated prior seasons 5s or 6s it probably wasn’t going to make you hyphy. Props on forcing yourself to watch something you obviously dislike tho.
Oh, so I'm not supposed to watch things I consider average or just fine, because that means I actively disliked it, not that I see issues in it, I see. Thanks for teaching me how to give ratings properly.
No one said anything about your scoring abilities. You came here and obviously sarcastically asked what was supposed to hype you up knowing full well you don't enjoy the show to give it more than a 5/6. You can rate it a 1 if you want but don't come in here and play confused just so you can shit on something. If all it did for you is a 6 so far then it obviously wouldn't jump to a 10. Continue watching if you want, and rate it however you want. But don't expect to be hyped for any of the episodes of a show that's been average so far. :)
Jan 10, 2021 12:17 PM

Oct 2014
Okash said:
Actually that was quite tricky episode, because it contained practiacally zero animation.
That was mostly a slideshow, some mixture of simple efortless animation with camera mooving around.
Anyway I'm still withholding my rating.
I'm very curious how the studio will handle the next week fight... this is going to be very important point in whole season and Mappa won't evade animation that easily.

Same thing DP did in JoJo when they were saving the budget for the important fights , even Bones did it with MHA

Jan 10, 2021 12:17 PM

Oct 2020
NextUniverse said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
There is NO wrong OST to choose, you either like it or you don't.
surely there is, you can't just throw in anything and expect it to work, even for aot.
Of course, but this did work and that's my point.
Jan 10, 2021 12:18 PM
Sep 2018
Kosmonaut said:
Oh, so I'm not supposed to watch things I consider average or just fine, because that means I actively disliked it, not that I see issues in it, I see. Thanks for teaching me how to give ratings properly.

you would definitely not like something which you already arent a fan of even if people hype it.
Jan 10, 2021 12:19 PM
Dec 2020
LordPerucho said:
Okash said:
Actually that was quite tricky episode, because it contained practiacally zero animation.
That was mostly a slideshow, some mixture of simple efortless animation with camera mooving around.
Anyway I'm still withholding my rating.
I'm very curious how the studio will handle the next week fight... this is going to be very important point in whole season and Mappa won't evade animation that easily.

Same thing DP did in JoJo when they were saving the budget for the important fights , even Bones did it with MHA
Yeah but lets not talk about the MHA episode, it was disappointing, like a whole lot especially coming from bones, infact even the following episode. it only improved in ep 13, and i really hope the fight scenes will be great starting next ep of aot s4.
Jan 10, 2021 12:19 PM

Jul 2017
The animation and direction was mediocre in this episode, below-par I'd even say compared to most of the other episodes, but in terms of storytelling and intensity, by far the best one so far in this season. The first real episode of this final season's that got my interest most of the time. Reiner's voice actor deserves a special mention for how excellent his voice acting performance was for Reiner the entire time, especially by the end.
Jan 10, 2021 12:20 PM

Nov 2018
Oh shit, this is where things go from 10 to 100 in terms of action. Great build up to the speech and transformation as well.
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jan 10, 2021 12:21 PM

Oct 2014
Harsha1314 said:
Yeah but lets not talk about the MHA episode, it was disappointing, like a whole lot especially coming from bones, infact even the following episode. it only improved in ep 13, and i really hope the fight scenes will be great starting next ep of aot s4.

Thing is some people are overreacting like AOT S4 is like OPM Season 2 or NNT done by Deen.

Jan 10, 2021 12:22 PM
Dec 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
NextUniverse said:
surely there is, you can't just throw in anything and expect it to work, even for aot.
Of course, but this did work and that's my point.
Yes it kinda did in maintaining the momentum of the scene

EDIT: I'd like to add that, @NextUniverse the thing is I feel he means to see it didn't feel out of place or made the moment loose momentum at all. This is kinda what happens when you make a certain ost playing in your mind before it comes out, not that I'm defending the rather poor choice, but it isn't half as bad as people describe it and didn't even take anything away from the episode except what u felt like you wanted to hear
Harsha1314Jan 10, 2021 12:25 PM
Jan 10, 2021 12:22 PM
Sep 2018
NextUniverse said:

it definitely worked for me as i was all smiles seeing eren transforming with that OST. you just dont like it. just preferences basically
Jan 10, 2021 12:24 PM

Oct 2020
Leffair said:
For an episode that was supposed to break the internet, under 90% 5-stars is not impressive. Look at episode 19 of Kimetsu to see what an actual showstopper looks like.
So sorry it's only 2% under that. Come back in an hour, maybe it will rise. :)
Jan 10, 2021 12:24 PM

Feb 2019
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Kosmonaut said:
No one said anything about your scoring abilities. You came here and obviously sarcastically asked what was supposed to hype you up knowing full well you don't enjoy the show to give it more than a 5/6. You can rate it a 1 if you want but don't come in here and play confused just so you can shit on something. If all it did for you is a 6 so far then it obviously wouldn't jump to a 10. Continue watching if you want, and rate it however you want. But don't expect to be hyped for any of the episodes of a show that's been average so far. :)
You say no one said anything about my scoring abilities, but clearly two posters did - it was even the first criticism they threw in. Besides, claiming something is going to 'break the internet' is bound to attract negative attention, even for a hyperbole or a meme. People said it was going to break the internet, I wanted to know what exactly was supposed to break the internet: the transformation seen a dozen times already or an exposition speech about the lore. It's not my fault fans get salty about being questioned.
Jan 10, 2021 12:26 PM

Jan 2021
The musical score wasn't that bad in my opinion, I thought it fit the episode throughout since what willy was doing was essentially a play in the background of his speech. The one with Eren transforming wasnt that bad either, just cause its not the music score you want doesnt make it a bad score. Over all, I enjoyed the episode. Episode 6 is gonna be crazy.
Sep 2018
20m said:
great cliff hanger, why didn't youseebiggirl play ;///

YOUSEEBIGGIRL wouldve definitely sounded great for the transformation but i dont think it fits the theme well tho.
YOUSEEBIGGIRL always played for revealing something new and making our hearts explode.
here we just saw mad eren transforming (no surprises)

Jul 2019
beanie_weeny said:
NextUniverse said:

it definitely worked for me as i was all smiles seeing eren transforming with that OST. you just dont like it. just preferences basically
I don't mind it lol. Was just pointing out that not everything works. I thought the ep was just fine.
----

Harsha1314 said:
EDIT: I'd like to add that, @NextUniverse the thing is I feel he means to see it didn't feel out of place or made the moment loose momentum at all. This is kinda what happens when you make a certain ost playing in your mind before it comes out, not that I'm defending the rather poor choice, but it isn't half as bad as people describe it and didn't even take anything away from the episode except what u felt like you wanted to hear
Yeah I see what you mean, dunno why so many people complained about it lol.
Jan 10, 2021 12:27 PM

May 2017
OH MY GOOODDDDD!! I can't believe it's finally here, I've been waiting for this to get animated for years :') MAPPA absolutely killed it with this, I'm so happy!! Can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 10, 2021 12:28 PM

Oct 2020
Kosmonaut said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
You say no one said anything about my scoring abilities, but clearly two posters did - it was even the first criticism they threw in. Besides, claiming something is going to 'break the internet' is bound to attract negative attention, even for a hyperbole or a meme. People said it was going to break the internet, I wanted to know what exactly was supposed to break the internet: the transformation seen a dozen times already or an exposition speech about the lore. It's not my fault fans get salty about being questioned.
Neither of that, look harder. :)
Jan 10, 2021 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
Leffair said:
For an episode that was supposed to break the internet, under 90% 5-stars is not impressive. Look at episode 19 of Kimetsu to see what an actual showstopper looks like.

Read the comments and you will know why, some manga readers were not pleased by the episode. That is your answer.

Though, we have to keep in mind that the official subs has not even been released yet and that most persons that watch the episodes are manga readers.

Which means their is a chance in a couple of hours time when anime only watch the episode it could go over 90%.
Jan 10, 2021 12:29 PM
Jan 10, 2021 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
Masterpiece. Made me log in an post a comment, havent done that for years now, thats something in my book.
Literally cant stop listening to the episode.
Jan 10, 2021 12:31 PM
Nov 2018
Kosmonaut said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
it didn’t break for you, but it broke for other people and it’s already showin, you’re the one who has a problem not us, anyways hope you just enjoy the rest of the show, or just drop it if you hate it that much.
Jan 10, 2021 12:32 PM

Aug 2019
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Reiner_undieable said:
??????what was those last 10 seconeds, di they just use a heroic ost for eren killing children and commiting terorism, this is the 3rd time they miss, ep1 with that titanfall scene, ep3 with that wierd trailer ost on reiner's past and now this??
Honestly this season was also a downgrade in ost placment not just animation,
Anything other than 2volt would've fitted the scene more.
We shouldn't hyped anime onlies for this that much
Anime onlies love this episode tho. They don't have OSTs prepared in advance in their head like manga readers who have been fapping to YOUSEEBIGGIRL for 3 years with motion manga.

I wish MAL would allow you to dish out awards like they do in Reddit for posts like these.
Jan 10, 2021 12:32 PM
May 2020
I've heard that they've been spending A LOT of time on the ODM gear scenes.
Jan 10, 2021 12:33 PM
Dec 2020
Uhm, its the sad truth but that part of the ost was a total fan arrangement, and they clearly can't use it......
Jan 10, 2021 12:33 PM
May 2020
Also to the anime-onlies, read chapter 99 and 100, to get the superior version
Jan 10, 2021 12:34 PM
Nov 2018
armchair3 said:
Also to the anime-onlies, read chapter 99 and 100, to get the superior version
thanks no thanks.
Jan 10, 2021 12:35 PM
Dec 2020
def don't go by the post above me, the anime is superior unless u want to see it in 240p with no subs and don't understand shit

Oct 2020
xenosys said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Anime onlies love this episode tho. They don't have OSTs prepared in advance in their head like manga readers who have been fapping to YOUSEEBIGGIRL for 3 years with motion manga.

I wish MAL would allow you to dish out awards like they do in Reddit for posts like these.
I will accept this as if it was one. :3
Feb 2019
Harsha1314 said:
Uhm, its the sad truth but that part of the ost was a total fan arrangement, and they clearly can't use it......

The fan arrangement is based on a leaked ost.
May 2020
This episode´s plot twist how much of a great writer Hajime Isayama always was. 5/5 for me at least (did not read the manga tho)
I'm just an ordinary plumber.
Jan 10, 2021 12:36 PM

Jul 2019
rabialq said:
Kosmonaut said:
it didn’t break for you, but it broke for other people and it’s already showin, you’re the one who has a problem not us, anyways hope you just enjoy the rest of the show, or just drop it if you hate it that much.
it needs to break for everyone for that to make sense. otherwise, it is just internal hyping, nothing special about that lol.
Jan 10, 2021 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, now that's what you call a cliffhanger. Willy wasn't expecting that.
Willy's speech was pretty good and Eren's transformation was left me speechless.

I can't wait for next week's episode.

Jan 10, 2021 12:37 PM
May 2020
NextUniverse said:
rabialq said:
it needs to break for everyone for that to make sense. otherwise, it is just internal hyping, nothing special about that lol.
This episode should "break" the internet because of all the build-up and themes. This wasn't supposed to be the repeat of KNY episode 19. The action comes in the next episode
Jan 10, 2021 12:37 PM
Nov 2018
[quote=NextUniverse message=61652459]
rabialq said:
Kosmonaut said:
it needs to break for everyone for that to make sense. otherwise, it is just internal hyping, nothing special about that lol.[/quote and?
Jan 10, 2021 12:38 PM
Dec 2019
This episode was so much thrilling that I forgot that I had to wait an extra week for this episode.
Jan 10, 2021 12:38 PM
Oct 2013
The pace of the episode was great, the flow and the buildup were too good for the ending i think.
still 5/5 for me....the beauty of AOT still rocks even if not associated with top-notch animation.
cant wait for the next episode!
Jan 10, 2021 12:39 PM
Nov 2018
NextUniverse said:
rabialq said:
I don’t get what you’re tryin to say, my message was clear as day, but thanks I guess..
Jan 10, 2021 12:39 PM
Jan 10, 2021 12:40 PM

May 2018
The episode was not well animated, but wow it was amazingly directed! Eren is pure charisma, hot and top tier waifu ;)
Jan 10, 2021 12:40 PM

Dec 2019
tirthasg said:
Horrible animation mess. 5/10 at best. Animated panels of the manga on YouTube are so much better than whatever the MAPPA staff decided to throw at this episode.

The fan animations are not good for a anime. People bring to much hype and things that maybe are not included in the episode. Music was perfect, I read the manga and I thought this episode was a nearly a perfect adaptation of the manga.
Jan 10, 2021 12:41 PM

Jan 2019
I_Am_Freeballing said:
xenosys said:

I will accept this as if it was one. :3

And take another one from me dude!

Jul 2019
armchair3 said:
NextUniverse said:
This episode should "break" the internet because of all the build-up and themes. This wasn't supposed to be the repeat of KNY episode 19. The action comes in the next episode
In that sense yes. but the term "break" is a term that lost meaning. though what you have given makes more sense, props to that.

Feb 2019
rabialq said:
Kosmonaut said:
I've never said I hated the franchise, but this fandom has reached such levels of rabid fanboyism that simple criticisms are taken as attacks on the show.

I didn't see anything spectacular in this episode, others didn't as well - see how anyone can use anecdotes to back their claims? Telling me it 'broke the internet' isn't actually 'breaking the internet', it's just fans liking and praising an episode.
Jan 10, 2021 12:42 PM
May 2020
NextUniverse said:
armchair3 said:
In that sense yes. but the term "break" is a term that lost meaning. though what you have given makes more sense, props to that.
That's just manga readers hyping out every single moment. I can't blame them but it creates a lot of false images. Some fans expected full blown action
Jan 10, 2021 12:43 PM
Apr 2018
HOLY SHIT INDEED... well I get why people are saying the ost at the end was a bit underwhelming yeah i get that now.....while it certainly could have been better holy crap that was every bit as I expected
Jan 10, 2021 12:43 PM

Oct 2020

Eren: xl tt
Reiner: YOUSEEBIGGIRL
Falco: the leaked ost
Jan 10, 2021 12:44 PM

Jul 2015
This right therez was the best episode of the series. Hands down.

Jan 10, 2021 12:44 PM

Jan 2021
@Kosmonaut

I'm a huge fan and all I can say is I apologize, I have tried criticizing the anime/manga I love before plot wise in aot communities but got ripped to shreds for doing so cause if I dont suck isayama's cock off im not a real fan of the series.
Jan 10, 2021 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
wow finally something started to happen in this season
Jan 10, 2021 12:47 PM

Jul 2019
Kosmonaut said:
rabialq said:
I've never said I hated the franchise, but this fandom has reached such levels of rabid fanboyism that simple criticisms are taken as attacks on the show.

I didn't see anything spectacular in this episode, others didn't as well - see how anyone can use anecdotes to back their claims? Telling me it 'broke the internet' isn't actually 'breaking the internet', it's just fans liking and praising an episode.
it was what I was on a moment ago with @armchair3

the term "broke the internet" doesn't mean anything now due to how it is used. whilst you didn't find the episode special, manga readers that have been waiting years for that decided to just overblow it out of proportion. honestly, I have read the manga but this episode wasn't all that 10/10 material to me.
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

695 by catscho »»
Aug 18, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 21, 2021

466 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

514 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 28, 2021

426 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

820 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 27, 11:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.