Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 20, 2010 11:52 PM

Sep 2009
HAHAHA....I was soo wrong about Selim. I should have known...

Loved the Winry/Ed moments. Too bad they're not in the best situation for the relationship to grow.
Jul 10, 2010 12:34 PM

Aug 2009
What the fuck? Pride is Selim? Just what is this all about?! I knew it man. So that's why he got an entire episode all by himself, because he is an important character. Does the Fuhrer president know all about this? Well I guess he does know because apparently he knows everything, lol.

Okay I wonder which side will Ed choose. I think he'll join forces with Scar for the mean time to fight off the central army and then later on they'll fight again.

Also about the philosopher stone that Kimblee offered to Ed, why was Ed suprised to see a piece of it while Kimblee has a whole stone by himself? Wow Ed is clueless, I guess.
Sep 13, 2010 9:03 AM

Dec 2008
Pride is creepy and Kimblee's a lunatic!
Dec 19, 2010 8:16 AM

Nov 2009
Man.. Wouldn't it be annoying having to act as a family all that time then for bradley and selim? They probably should get rid of the mother >.>
Jan 13, 2011 7:25 PM

Aug 2010
Wow. Was NOT expecting Selim to be Pride. Awesome Hawkeye moment there, further cementing her as one of my favorite anime characters. Plus her VA rocks.

Winry finally said she loved Ed! I mean, I think we all knew it from the beginning, but hearing her say it just made it that much better. :)

Jan 30, 2011 6:03 PM

May 2010
Selim! What the heck! I was not expecting that at all.
Feb 16, 2011 9:55 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, I would have never thought Selim was Pride
Mar 19, 2011 4:15 PM

Mar 2010
hm pride looks really strong.

winry is gonna be the next generation hawkeye

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 15, 2011 12:09 PM

Aug 2009
The villains are all a bunch of weirdos..

Okay , in all seriousness now.. the villains are too damn permissive. I hate that..
May 22, 2011 6:44 AM

Oct 2010
Selim Bradley is Pride. Okay. Didn't expect that. He was just so cute. Now I feel bad for Mrs. Bradley for having two homunculi in her household. Freaky.

LOL @ Ed stating every element of the Periodic Table. :))
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 14, 2011 8:50 AM

Dec 2010
One of the best episodes so far, no doubt about it. I love how kawai Winry was at the start of this episode and then how serous was she at the ending.
About Pride... let's just say I didn't see this coming. I still probably like more the FMA version of Pride, but this one is the best Brotherhood hommunculus so far... second only to Greed, of course :P
Jul 17, 2011 11:20 AM

May 2010
Love Winry :D
Aug 7, 2011 12:19 AM
Jul 2010
Amazing, once again. Ed is going after Scar first, so he's only planning to manipulate Kimbley's orders to his own benefit. (Well, of course he wouldn't kill anyone...) Roy's information exchange was hilarious, since he ended up having to keep the flowers LoL But the best part was actually Pride. So Selim is the first Homunculi and controls the shadows. Riza was amazing there, realizing it and even asking questions when he appeared. So she's the reason he didn't attack the others at Briggs...

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 26, 2011 8:12 AM

Dec 2008
This operation could end up badly for the Homunculi.

If Kimbley gets killed by Scar, then Ed and Al can take Winry to a safe place (maybe with Izumi or even to the east?) and the Fuhrer would have just lost his hold over them.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 21, 2012 10:39 AM
Jul 2008
ugh, pride. I'd be looking over my shoulder too
May 19, 2012 12:49 AM

Sep 2011
Alright, this episode made my day.
Oct 13, 2012 4:47 AM

May 2012
Damn so they're offered a stone for the job... and winry knows now some information let's see what role she'll play on the field... Either way great episode!
Oct 22, 2012 2:12 AM

May 2012
faarrr I'm really liking this series,
that was very shocking revealing the first homunculus o.o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2012 5:02 PM

Jul 2009
wow Kimblee really put an act on Winry despite him intensifying the war and all.

wow Winry sure loves automail, especially new and unseen like from the North :P

so the florist that Roy is talking to is Armstrong's mom or their own florist??

so that's pride huh :P

very different from the first season.

so he's the first homunculus huh :P

Riza almost died there O___O

kimblee is such a bastard, guess he just wanted to see which side will win. humans or homunuculus and wants to witness it towards the end.

plus he get's to use his alchemy powers freely so this guy is such a greedy bastard just like greed.

guess Ed will not use the philosopher's stone since they know it was made from the XerXes people.

i really have to wonder what is special from the eastern alchemy other than using the natural resources itself.

things are getting better and better each episodes :)
Nov 11, 2012 3:22 PM
Nov 2012
its best to just keep the first fma anime totally seperate in our minds from brotherhood.

and i can definately say, despite having been a massive fan of the first FMA, that brotherhood is superior....and it never made me piss my pants alongside hawkeye when Pride was revealed here. Cute happy kid who tears apart the toughest ass soldiers and turns them into whimpering maggots.

its the same sorta element that say works in..and iam sorry to bring it up here...a grimdark fanfiction called Cupcakes of that My Little Pony show, where one of the happiest and cheeriest chars (from what i gather) maintains her happy cheery upbeat mood while horrifically torturing and murdering another main character. A lot like pride in the corner surrounding hawkeye with his...shadows...
Mar 30, 2013 2:49 PM
Apr 2012
adamantine said:
So Pride is finally revealed. Just try rewatching the scenes with him at the library without getting creeped out now.

No need to rewatch, because back then I already thought it was stupid of Alphonse to tell a random stranger of their intentions, even though I ofcourse didn't know the kid was actually Pride. I just had a feeling that telling all that to the Fuhrer's kid might end up hurting them and this feeling proved to be correct albeit for slightly different reasons haha. This does make me wonder whether Pride's obsession with the Elric brothers is real.
This episode also revealed a little about Pride's abilities. Pride is for example able to move around his shadow or whatever it is freely across the land. But can he only move around like that in the shadow or also in the light? Guess we will find out soon enough!
Apr 21, 2013 3:33 PM
Jul 2009
This episode felt really short. I guess that means the pacing was really good. Time to watch the next episode.
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jun 28, 2013 3:46 AM

Nov 2012
I had it spoiled for me on Tumblr so I already knew Salim was Pride :(
Aug 3, 2013 9:11 AM
Sep 2012
Had to skip the first 5 minutes of the STILL crappy, overused and cliche jokes.

The creeping shadows aren't creepy at all, and became a complete joke with that terrible new addition to hommunculi, terrible design, terrible dialogue, and extremely childish.

This series so far is purely kiddie. The hommunculi are nowhere near as fearsome, well-designed or well-written or even well-fitted into the story as the previous set. This is purely a shonen group of top-tiers, like Ginyu force or Shichibukai. Lame.

Ed and Kimblee's dialogue was interesting. However I wish I could buy the possibility of Ed killing everyone for suspense, but it's too... pure.
1/5
Aug 15, 2013 1:15 PM

Jul 2013
That episode was really intense. I was so tense while watching the anime.
Noo. Selim is just a cute little fellow, he can't be a homunculus.
Just reminding, Selim is also a Turkish name.
Oct 22, 2013 7:29 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Selim revealed as Pride. And what an insanely powerful homunculus he is.

Wenry finally starts learning some of whats going on. What I don't get is how Armstrong allows Kimblee to just walk around undisturbed? Can't she give him the same treatment as to the General? Just pour cement on him.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 26, 2013 10:27 AM

May 2013
I love winry chan! and the guy who got jealous with ed haha
i love oliveir shes hot
Dec 27, 2013 1:59 AM

Jul 2013
damn so in this version that kid is a humonculus and hes Pride?? (probably the strongest one too!) all of them humonculus' name are all jumbled in my head.....because of the 2003 version.

fuck Winry is thinking of doing something,....hope its not something stupid.
Dec 28, 2013 1:03 AM

May 2013
Lt Hawkeye is still awesome x] Soooo brave <3
I was caught off guard when the evil shadow returned to Selim. Gaaahhhhh. Scurry D:
Jan 13, 2014 6:47 PM

Jun 2013
Oh my goodness, things are getting so intense
Mar 20, 2014 9:14 AM

Jun 2011
HurricaneSweet said:

So you're the rumored HurricaneSweet, my pleasure to meet you.

On topic, that Pride, man, the first time Bradley, or Wrath, talked to Pride telepathically, he was talking to his "son"? Lol. Pride sure know how to act like a child, huh? Can Pride shapeshift or change his size? I mean, it wouldn't be normal if he is not growing at all, right? Hmm..

I still dislike Winry, meh, always trying to do things she can't. What's with her following Ed and Al? What is she planning to do? Oh, hold the gun against Scar again? -.- Women need to get the hell outta shounen. I don't mind someone like Riza or Armstrong nee-san, but not someone like Winry.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 1:35 PM

Jun 2011
Ahhh! Pride's so creepy!
May 9, 2014 8:12 AM

Jul 2013
I can't deal with Winry's shit. I can't do it. Why is she such a freaking burden. I'm considering putting this anime on hold for a couple days because I can't take any more crap from Winry.

Pride's reveal wasn't even a shocker. I saw it coming ever since that scene of King Bradley talking to Pride in his house and when he said hurting his son wasn't a worthy threat. But, all that creepy eye shit and about being the first Homunculus, that I did not see coming.
anime-catMay 9, 2014 8:16 AM
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jun 9, 2014 12:08 AM

Apr 2012
woah didn't see that coming
I thought Selim was just a regular orphan........
He's fucking creepy D:

Jun 10, 2014 2:30 AM

Aug 2013
Woah I didn't see that coming. Creepy kid is creepy and this is probably the first time I'll be wishing death on a child...well something that looks like a child. Does that count?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 25, 2014 4:17 AM

Jan 2014
And the final homunculus. Things are coming full circle.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 17, 2014 6:14 PM

Dec 2013
Damn didnt see this coming, and i thought he was just an innocent boy that would make one day the king have a change of heart. lol
Dec 30, 2014 6:08 AM
May 2012
Selim/Pride, how dare you scratch my baby Riza!!
Alright, things are starting to heat up!!
Well, gotta go somewhere.
Mar 3, 2015 7:37 AM
Mar 2014
Daang Selim is the first one huh, seems like he is also the most powerfull one.

Winry decided to go with the brothers, i hope everything will be alright.
Jul 24, 2015 4:27 PM

Jun 2015
Selim you little shit
Jul 27, 2015 7:26 PM

Oct 2014
Damn, didn't expect Selim to be a homunculus. I was thinking he was a normal human and would somehow become collateral damage, which would set things in motion somehow. Oh well. Ed having a plan as always, nice. Hope Winry doesn't get in the way or hurt.
Aug 27, 2015 6:14 AM

Jul 2014
I did NOT see that coming o_o

AWESOME!!!!
Oct 2, 2015 6:05 PM

Jul 2009
Ed remembering what Riza told him about Winry was really funny haha and he missed she saying that she fell for him.
I love Winry's reactions whenever she sees an automail.
Finally Selim's true identity is shown! Pride!
Oct 12, 2015 1:20 AM
Oct 2015
So when the flower lady gives Roy Mustang those flowers and asks for 36,000 cen, she is asking him for the equivalent of $299.55...That is a ton of money. Wtf. Yet they charge Edward 100 cen for coffee which is $0.83... Is he paying for the info she gave him?
Dec 15, 2015 12:46 PM
Nov 2014
Haha, the comedies were on point. Lovely stuff from this episode, can't wait to watch more soon. Especially with the Pride reveal, great stuff.
Jan 2, 2016 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
The situation becomes even more serious, but the narrative maintains an atmosphere very funny sometimes, is good as well, do not exasperate the minds of the spectators, finally comes out also another truth. Plot increasingly intriguing.
Feb 7, 2016 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
The Selim scene was really fucking creepy O.o
So he is the first Homunkuli, what I personally never had expected as a non manga reader. Especially in the first episodes where he got introduced who had thought about that? After this scene I'm extremely worried about Riza. :-/

Indeed poor Mrs. Bradley.

The atmosphere changed in the last episodes. Sometimes creepy like with Selim, sometimes it's funny or it's serious. But as we saw Ed planned to do something against Kimblee. Hopefully nothing will happen to Winry.

Omg I had to laugh when I saw Mustang with all the flowers :D
Natsu88Feb 7, 2016 6:19 PM

May 27, 2016 5:09 AM

Mar 2016
Okay, I seriously did not expect Selim to be Pride. I was expecting some new character to be Pride lol.
Feb 2, 2017 1:31 AM

Jan 2016
Pride's shadow thing reminds me of Hellsing

Ed is now the same height as Winry :o
And Kimblee is so easily fooled lol
Jul 8, 2017 4:44 PM

Jun 2017
I thought Selim was a good boy! I'm not mad at him, just disappointed.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

999 by mokhils »»
Sep 21, 5:40 AM

» Favorite moment // Episode

Salvaged - Sep 16

36 by AME-7706 »»
Sep 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » I'm the only one who likes 5th opening more ?

Kishorklr - Sep 11

40 by Gear707 »»
Sep 17, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Sep 14

24 by qweaenr »»
Sep 17, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Apr 26, 2009

453 by Ankibank »»
Sep 15, 10:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.