Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 14, 2020 4:14 PM

Oct 2017
JustMonaka said:
The girl who can predict the future with 100% accuracy somehow failed to predict that the truck she's on would take off in the next 30 seconds.

I think the show really overestimate how cute and endearing Hina is. I'm indifferent to her at best and find her kind of annoying at worst.

Agreed.
Tbh Hina's continued overreaction and shouting is starting to get on my nerve too.
She is near the bottom of my like list for this anime atm.
Ventus_SNov 14, 2020 6:43 PM
Nov 14, 2020 5:09 PM

Apr 2013
Hina best girl.
Why would anyone think that she's annoying? She's the most lovable and cute little thing there is in this series.
Nov 14, 2020 5:17 PM

Oct 2012
tenshibeat said:
I'm starting to wonder whether the end of the world is related to Otosaka Yuu (from Charlotte) time leaping away from the current time into a different world, which is the end that Hina is starting to see, given that there's more connections between the Maeda Universe (previously it was a subtle nod to Hoshinoumi, now we have cameos).

If I can remember correctly, another piece of evidence that points to these universes being the same one is that the basketball team that Youta and Ashura were playing against were from a school in Charlotte. I can't remember if it was Hoshinoumi Academy or something else...
Someone on Reddit said that a credits page somewhere only listed Takajou Joujirou as a cameo though.

peaswar said:
ik a lot of ppl have criticized this show for messing with pacing bcs it’s spent half of its air time with fluff episodes, but after this one where you see the whole cast together and Ashura’s episode, I think i’m starting to get it.

The show is clearly trying to flesh out the backgrounds for each of yota’s friend characters before the inevitable chaos and tragedy strike soon.

Episode 1 introduced Hina and Yota

Episode 2 introduces Izanami

Episode 3 introduces the main baddy (the hacker guy) as well as Sora and her ramen friend.

Episode 4 introduces Kako

Episode 5 goes deep into Izanami’s backstory

and now Episode 6 goes behind the scenes with Ashura

My guess is starting with episode 7, the drama begins. I think it’ll involve some backstory on the hacker Suzuki’s part as well as starting to reveal the main conflict

The show’s done an amazing job at lulling the audience into complacency. We’ve watched 6 episodes, each with that counter counting down and nothing’s happened. Maeda wants us to think ‘the world couldn’t *really* be ending, right?’ before he kills off some major characters. This show is ready to toy with our emotions. I can’t wait to see where it goes.

This is very like Jun Maeda's style, actually. I won't be surprised if this is exactly what will happen. Though I don't think the drama will really happen until episode 8. There's still more of Sora's filming that was shown in the PVs that haven't been in an episode yet. I think the next episode will focus on her.

------------------------------

Observations:

Nov 14, 2020 5:25 PM

Jun 2019
Once again, I did not find the emotional moments to hit in this episode. There was too much setup in the same episode as the payoff, making me feel uninvested once it happened.

Also, there was no reason for most of the other girls to even be there at the festival. They didn’t add anything to the story or the entertainment.

I’m also going to state the obvious of how it doesn’t make sense that an omniscient god wouldn’t know that she would get trapped in the truck. Hopefully something will get revealed that explains that.
Nov 14, 2020 5:36 PM

Nov 2013
Ventus_S said:
JustMonaka said:
The girl who can predict the future with 100% accuracy somehow failed to predict that the truck she's on would take off in the next 30 seconds.

I think the show really overestimate how cute and endearing Hina is. I'm indifferent to her at best and find her kind of annoying at worst.

Agreed.
Tbh Hina's continued overreaction and shouting is starting to get on my nerve too.
He is near the bottom of my like list for this anime atm.

Not to mention look how quick they found the truck considering the time they spend to ask everybody, find Hina's belonging, and riding the bike. Of course if you want to be nitpicky Hina shouldn't be surprised let alone scared in the haunted house.

The writing always choose easy and convenient way to wrap up its plot.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 14, 2020 7:02 PM

Dec 2018
Takajou from Charlotte making an appearance! Could it be that this anime share same universe with Charlotte universe?
If they do... Hina and that white hair boy might got power from the event happening in Charlotte...

The festival is okay, just wondering why Hina can't predict what will happen to herself... Could it be she only can predict others future but not herself maybe?

Nov 14, 2020 7:24 PM
May 2020
really enjoyable episode with a bit of drama, i wonder how the story is gonna go if its said to be a really said anime.

really liked the cameo of the charlotte characters
Nov 14, 2020 7:52 PM

Jan 2020
After the decent ep 5, ep 6 comes as random as ep 4. Hina is suppoused to be omniscient, but didn't see that coming lol the idea of an omniscient god character was ok until it lost all sense and became contradictory for the sake of such a forced drama. Idk how is this suppoused to be Jun Maeda's anime.
Nov 14, 2020 8:04 PM

Sep 2014
Reinheit_Hezen said:
After the decent ep 5, ep 6 comes as random as ep 4. Hina is suppoused to be omniscient, but didn't see that coming lol the idea of an omniscient god character was ok until it lost all sense and became contradictory for the sake of such a forced drama. Idk how is this suppoused to be Jun Maeda's anime.

Hina's omniscience has been contradicted since the very first episode when she told Yota to confess to Izanami and only kept being contradicted ever since. I have no idea why y'all started to notice it just now lol.
Nov 14, 2020 8:19 PM
Oct 2007
Premonition monologue huh? Made me feels like Yota is relieving the same situation again and again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2020 8:20 PM

Jul 2017
Another rando episode of Jun Maeda's, and am I afraid to say that this series will lean closer to Charlotte? Still early to tell, but Takajou wearing a shirt with Yusarin's cameo sure as hell is indicating that way with the supernatural stuff all over again.

Summer festival, and what else to celebrate with than with friends. Youta and Ashura, more than BFFs, they sure do match in spirit and in truth...and Hina doing her godly duties as usual.

The whole loli talk was witty even with a Takajou cameo...but her "jealousy" with the Youta X Izanami ship, THAT I find it hard to believe. And also, if she can predict for others, she can't predict for herself being locked up in a refrigerator truck, so that's kinda of a miss on her omniscience self.

Some pretty comedic moments, but overall this episode was kinda a low for me. Hopefully things will start getting up with the pre-monitioning stuff for the 2nd half.

9 days left to go.

Quote of the episode:
"Thou art a lolicon, yes? I am all-knowing, so I can tell. I am so loli I could practically kill a virgin. So come with me!" - Hina
KANLen09Nov 14, 2020 8:24 PM
Nov 14, 2020 8:37 PM
Feb 2018
I really like this anime, but this episode was kinda dumb, not gonna lie.
Nov 14, 2020 8:40 PM

Oct 2020
Such a great episode again!Love summer festival episode and girls in Yukata.

It's about friendship in this episode.Ashura has been early appeared in the beginning and he got a backstory now.To be honest,the story is a little stereotypical.Although it didn't have an effect on my high assessment to ep6.

More foreshadower this episode.Omniscient Hina has put herself in such a dangerous situation.Didn't she know the future?It shouldn't be a mistake but a hint.Hope to see what will happen in the future.

Now all characters in the poster have backstories .In addition,it comes to a middle of this anime.Now that it's about end of world,we can predict that it will carry on the main plot next episode.

Such a pleasant summer will eventually end, and autumn will come as usual.Where will we go in the future?Might the world really come to the end in such a sudden?

9 DAYS LEFT.
[/url]
Nov 14, 2020 9:03 PM
Dec 2019
Good episode, this show seems to be more like angel beats then Charlotte. I hope it doesn't flop.
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Nov 14, 2020 9:58 PM

Jan 2013
So it was indeed expected to happen, the closer we are to the end the more interested i get in this, and the better it gets to watch, and this whole Youta x Kyouko that happened in this episode! So much ship in just a single episode, damn!

She's way more interested in everything now.
Hina moment was pretty unexpectable, and tbh i was expecting more of a serious tone to it but i guess we will have that later :/

Is it just me or Ashura never appeared before?
Tbh he's a pretty nice guy, the fact that he reacted the same way as Youta was pretty fun and the whole "terror house" was pretty really good xD
MVP squad!

And as expected again, Youta is finally starting to enjoy life, and only 9 days left...but i still have hope, there's no way, c'mon...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 14, 2020 10:01 PM

Jun 2020
They just did a 1 day on this episode but it's fill with so much trouble, is Hina really a God? She's a total idiot.

Well at least we get to see more Izanami and Youta moment unfortunate for Hina seems like she had developed some romantic feeling for Youta and keeps on getting jealous for some reason I find that annoying.

I also find out that guy where Hina talk about lolicon thing was probably the guy on Charlotte there probably on a same universe lol
Nov 14, 2020 11:12 PM

Dec 2015
Rorek said:
Takajou and Yusarin from Charlotte

My man Takajou looks like he grow up a little. Since Charlotte's airing was in 2015 I guess he's now a junior college student but always a Yusarin fan...

An interesting fact it seems that they're in the same universe as Charlotte! This could lead to some new theories about what is going to happen in next episodes...
Nov 15, 2020 1:38 AM

Jun 2020
That was... surprisingly unclimactic
This anime shit is addictive
Nov 15, 2020 2:19 AM

Jan 2018
Nov 15, 2020 2:21 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode, I really enjoyed it and of course all the girls looked great in their Yukata's especially best girl Kyouko. And it's also nice to see Tengen again.

It's great that Kyouko is now more open and definitely more happier. Yota x Kyouko needs to sail! On the other hand I don't think Hina's jealous because she has romantic interest in Yota it's just that she's lonely.

Though for someone with omniscient powers, she got accidentally kidnapped pretty easily with the power of air conditioning lmao. Not that she has always been 100% accurate, though I am sure we will get some explanation about her powers eventually.

Since this episode had everyone come together, the next episodes will definitely be the start of the plot and I am not prepared for it and I am definitely going to miss these stupid shits that they do... Fuck.
Nov 15, 2020 5:12 AM
Jul 2018
have i gone crazy or 8 days became 9 ?
Nov 15, 2020 5:33 AM

Oct 2017
A fun festival episode with a bit trouble which was resolved quickly. Honestly I wish days like this will continue but we are halfway through the anime and only 9 days till the end of the world. Wonder how our hearts will be broken this time.
Nov 15, 2020 5:34 AM

Oct 2017
NozeMusic said:
THIS is probably why she didn't predict the truck to start moving

Lol did u even watch the episode lmao. She was in her clothes and not Yukata. She refused to wear the Yukata, go rewatch the episode XD.
Nov 15, 2020 6:06 AM

Jun 2019
"I'm so loli I can practically kill a virgin."- Hina 2020
Nov 15, 2020 6:14 AM

Oct 2017
NozeMusic said:
MegamiRem said:
Lol did u even watch the episode lmao. She was in her clothes and not Yukata. She refused to wear the Yukata, go rewatch the episode XD.

LMAO I'm sorry Idk I'm so dumb, I'm gonna bury myself
Happens sometimes XD.
Nov 15, 2020 6:17 AM
Aug 2017
Why is a guy who can leap from a speeding motorbike onto the top of a truck bent over double, out of breath from jogging like 10 yards over to Izanami to keep her company?
Nov 15, 2020 8:13 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
9 days left, the summer festival finally reached them. Obviously Hina couldn't let those event appeared and then just disappeared by how Narukami responded on her wishes, on her last summer, if they stick to the game. They needed to took those chance to had a fun! And yes, its not a mistake. The whole opening scenes already happened on these episode. But, those motorcycle chase scene quite surprised me a bit by how dramatic those part was. I thought Hina is death there, Lol. However, this is the show theme afterall, an exaggeration after them getting a great last premonition from Hina. Started from the very first episode until now, they stick close to those theme, which was kinda amazed me a bit.

Well, continued. They spend a good fun time at those festival with the usual festival activity. Tengan felt weird because she was suddenly in the middle of their group? I felt the same way too! However, you just been grace by the god. So, chill out a bit and enjoyed your festival night, lady! Well, referring to the motorcycle chase scene and how Narukami Youta felt he has been led to those scene by the premonition sight on his dream. Was that right as a hint that he will become a god? Or it just being a mere coincidence to stated these episode goal? Lol.

Idk how to react about his sudden closer move to Izanami at those festival. Ofc its happening after she got invited as well, but with that sudden transformation ... Well, i guess his (Hina) work previously, did an amazing job to change her heart. Alas, Hina kept her unusual behaviour referring her feeling toward their closer relations. Why? And her goldfish still alive! Well, i hope its just explain in an easy way. Because, its really tempting to know that their unusual act affected my whole satisfaction. But, with the convolute explanations, i hope my brain can get a used of it and find a happiness after knowing that!

Thats it for now....
badabassNov 15, 2020 8:24 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 15, 2020 8:50 AM

Nov 2016
Episode was tons of fun and nicely highlighted the friendship between Yota and Ashura.

EroKing_AS said:
Breaking the 4th wall to a P.A. Works show lol

rofl

Just 9 more days till the world suddenly ends? Hmmn, only realistic possibility I see is in the form of a nuclear war starting at this point. Not expecting any supernatural elements or world getting reset.

I dig the self-aware/selfdeprecating lines in this anime xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 15, 2020 9:13 AM

Jun 2020
hina was so cute here!

i like the characters, and i'm glad this episode had somewhat of a focus on youta & ashura's friendship, i like ashura, he's cool.

i keep expecting the plot to develop drastically & i end up disappointing myself if i don't see it as it is - a coming-of-age SOL of friends spending their summer together aforementioned & i loved how that ending line by youta perfectly summed it up, i wonder, when this incredibly fun summer comes to an end, will we just start autumn like normal? what kind of future might we be headed for? the world won't just suddenly end. will it?

that ED hit differently

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 15, 2020 9:53 AM

Jun 2015
This story is so crazy I can't even think of its outcome. The clocked ticked down to 9 but it was such a fun episode. Very touching seeing the flash backs with mc and his bro and the truck stop. Clever story telling which immerses you in the moment. Right down to Odin keeping the fish alive which given her situation was a feat in itself given they chill those trucks to below zero!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 15, 2020 11:51 AM
Jul 2019
Boring ep , TBFH, this would've have been better if they just put either a pool or beach service with some bikini services as well.
Nov 15, 2020 12:09 PM
Sep 2020
After this episode, besides the main characters of Hina and Yota, I’d say Ashura and perhaps Izanami are the most likely to die with the remaining of the story

I still think Hina and Suzuki are AI or robots or something and hence they have these powers. My guess is the CEO is trying to destroy Hina and our main group of friends will defend her.
Nov 15, 2020 4:02 PM

Feb 2017
Interesting that we’ve confirmed we’re in the same universe as Charlotte when we have at least one character with powers. Especially when we’re building up Hina doing something when she’ll ‘cease to be a god’... hm...

I see the TV host is filling the obligatory tsundere role.

I’d probably care a lot more about Yota’s obligatory best friend and his sudden trauma if they’d let him exist as a character before this episode. Guess they also wanted to check off the ‘lots of side stories’ box — I swear if they just wanted to build up sacrificing him I’m not gonna give a damn.

Now we continue to wait for this show to inevitably go nuclear. And no, I don’t mean literally — this show will not end with the world literally ending.
Nov 15, 2020 4:56 PM

Jun 2017
So it's offical now, Hina the Virgin Lolicon Slayer.
Nov 15, 2020 5:57 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
...Please don't kill me for this, but I'm not gonna lie here—I think this episode was better than last episode.
Yes, it does go back into the more comedic approach that can be hit-or-miss and there are a few things that stick out a bit... unfavorably that I need to point out, and don't worry, I'll get to that. But I did laugh a few times and the drama being centered around Ashura honestly feels a bit more natural than last episode's drama, which was revolved around Kyouko and her family. I think it's because it just feels like there wasn't enough time to get potentially invested in Kyouko's mother as a character compared to Ashura, who not only had way more screentime in the actual show but had his personality, friendship with Yota, and interest in basketball made clear-cut from the first episode. I kinda liked him from the start, but I do like this episode's focus on him and his friendship with Yota; not only does the episode have them doing things together like that haunted house scene and when they're trying to rescue Hina, but the episode also showed them supporting each other during their troubles, specifically Yota's loss in a school basketball game and Ashura's crippled leg... ooh, speaking of that, it's hard to not feel bad for Ashura when we see that shot of his bleeding leg.
I probably should just edit this tidbit into my post on episode 5's Discussion thread, but I think that the family moments in that episode would have a bit more emotional impact on me (like this episode did) if Kyouko's mother was shown a bit earlier on the show as a hint to her episode. It could have really awesome if we got even a single shot of Kyouko remembering a foggy memory from the distant past of her younger self and her mother during episode 2's very passionately animated piano scene... you could literally just put that one shot of her mother watching her play piano from the end of episode 5 or something and it could have added tenfold to both that scene and episode 5's family montage in my opinion.

tl;dr: Ashura's kinda underrated, where's the love for this guy?

Anyway, this episode's about... a summer festival!!
There's goldfish hunting, a shooting game, a haunted house, a scummy gambling thing, whatever "katanuki" is that the episode tried to make a pun over, "tamasen" which I've never heard of before... oh hey, there's that goldfish from the PV. Is it the same goldfish that the show kinda hints at with its logo, that goldfish wind chime in Yota's house, and in the ED? I dunno! It's also a CG goldfish... nice CG goldfish.
While we're still on the topic of goldfish, I was seriously expecting that scene where Kyouko teaches Yota how to catch goldfish to be more intimate... I guess Hina saw it that way lol. Hina seriously gets pretty jealous this episode, and I really don't know if I particularly like the hinting the show's going with this. There's even that stupid stereotypical line where Ashura says "you two work well together" and then the two of them yell their disapproval. Also Hina gets dumb enough to climb into a random truck and get stuck inside as it slowly freezes her and her goldfish inside. I guess she is still a kid even if she's a very stingy self-proclaimed "goddess". It's pretty amazing that Yota and Ashura quickly find out where the truck is and all that considering the timing seems a little too fast, but eh it's fine considering we end up seeing more of their friendship during all that craziness.

Also hahahaha TAKAJOU of all people shows up to reference Charlotte!!!
I guess he still likes that idol he likes. Weird that there were no other references to Key though, not even when the gang looks at masks to wear. Come on, not even a single Potato or Piro mask? Hell, I'd wear a Potato mask. Piko piko!!

Hina's line here is hilarious too:

Betting that'll get quoted a lot after this show ends...

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶

tenshibeat said:
I'm starting to wonder whether the end of the world is related to Otosaka Yuu (from Charlotte) time leaping away from the current time into a different world, which is the end that Hina is starting to see, given that there's more connections between the Maeda Universe (previously it was a subtle nod to Hoshinoumi, now we have cameos).

I think it's just meant to be a fun little reference since they're both Key anime... I mean, Angel Beats was referenced in an episode of Charlotte and the two wasn't connected further beyond that easter egg.

AivanK said:
Is it just me or Ashura never appeared before?
Tbh he's a pretty nice guy, the fact that he reacted the same way as Youta was pretty fun and the whole "terror house" was pretty really good xD

It's just you, Ashura has appeared a few times before, like in episode 1 and episode 4.
I agree that he's nice though, I kinda hope the show does more with him in later episodes.

Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Boring ep , TBFH, this would've have been better if they just put either a pool or beach service with some bikini services as well.

username checks out

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶

No theorizing (or commentary on others' theories) coming from me today, sorry. @EpicCh33se is already doing good work on that anyway.

"The world won't suddenly end... 🇼‌🇮‌🇱‌🇱‌ 🇮‌🇹‌?"

9 days until the end of the world.
Nov 15, 2020 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
fun and cool,Very good episode.

Nov 15, 2020 6:25 PM

Oct 2020
I can sense that Izanami begins to have a feeling toward Youta. In this episode, she always asks Youta to spend time with her (just like teaching her to play a game even though she already at the pro level). I feel sad about Youta's friend because I have the same injury as his friend.
Nov 15, 2020 6:27 PM

Oct 2018
9 days till the end of the world and 7 days till Izanami's birthday (a foreshadow from episode 5). We get to see the backstory between Youta and Ashura.

Looks like Hina is getting jealous of Youta being friendly with Izanami. The part where Hina says she's a loli that can particularly kill a virgin is totally hillarious. Lol she even try to snag Jojiro Takajo, a cameo character from Charlotte.

Now that there's a hint of feelings between Hina and Youta. This is going to be more interesting.
Forum set made by Nate
Nov 15, 2020 7:45 PM

Jul 2016
Hina went from supposed wingwoman (wingloli?) to ultimate cockblocker regarding Youta's chances with Izanami for the night. Please tell me she just feels lonely because the last thing I want in this show is to see her developing feelings for MC...

So... another week, another uneventful and mediocre episode overall. Hina getting trapped into a truck couldn't have felt more forced and the idea of giving development to Ashura while the guy was openly encouraging his best friend to jump onto a moving truck was simply absurd. The whole basketball/"make the jump" analogy was actually pretty stupid, honestly.
SouthRzVaNov 15, 2020 7:48 PM
Nov 15, 2020 8:45 PM

Apr 2019
How did Hina manage to get herself into that... glad they saved her though, got some toy story flashbacks from that scene. Wonder how the world is going to end this time though... hopefully not an ending like Charlotte's.

Nov 15, 2020 9:23 PM

May 2020
Can't help but be mildly upset since all the foreshadowing implies Hina and Yota will be an item of some sorts by the end, when Izanami is clearly best girl. Normally a loli is done in a way that at least makes her not seem so childish if shes meant to be best girl, but as it is I can't help but see her as a child (even as a god). Sorry, I'm not that cultured. That said, if I'm wrong and Izanami remains frontrunner, I'll be very happy. Or alternatively maybe romance won't be a factor, but I'm pretty convinced it'll at least be a minor plot point between either Izanami/Yota or Hina/Yota by the end.
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Nov 15, 2020 9:53 PM

Mar 2019
Hina... keep going up and up in my Top10 Fav Characters of the Season...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 15, 2020 10:06 PM
Oct 2019
Our God's jelly---. Kawaiii---
Nov 15, 2020 11:13 PM

Feb 2016
Tengan was so out of place here loool and the scenes between Youta and Ashura tried so hard to be epic it succeed at making me laugh again, and I still cann't believe we just saw Hina went lolicon hunting lmao

I love how this anime has so many references to Charlotte, the rival team in that basketball match, the first "lolicon" Hina talked to was so damn similiar in appearance to Takajou that I really thougth it was him, and the guy even had a t-shirt with an image of Yusa (the idol) in it! since those 2 characters became a couple at the end of Charlotte this definitely wasn't just some random reference loool. This kinda confirms both series happen in the same universe, so maybe Hina DO have powers... I may be really wrong, but this do sound interesting to me...

btw Sora deserves more screen time!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Nov 16, 2020 12:39 AM
Mar 2018
Summer festival episode!

This time, we see the dynamics between Youta and his best friend, Ashura. I have a feeling all these connections between Youta and the others is building up for the climax for the end.

9 more days until the world ends.

Nov 16, 2020 2:20 AM

Jun 2020
Izanami in yukata one of the most wonderful things i ever see in my life. Overall It was a cute summer festival episode.

I really wonder what the end of the world is gonna be

Nov 16, 2020 2:27 AM
Jul 2019
I'm really liking Izanami's design. It's very appealing. Her in a yukata makes her more beautiful. I'm expecting drama between Hina, Yota and Izanami since it's so obvious that Hina wants to be always near him. The fish, the fish, holy shit the fish made an appearance. What does that mean?
Nov 16, 2020 4:09 AM

Jul 2014
Yay for Youta/Kyouko moments! I think Kyouko starts to take interest in him, good for Youta. But I was kinda confused by Hina's jealousy...like a few episodes ago she was helping Youta to get Kyouko's attention but now that he (seemingly) succeeds suddenly she's jealous?

Also if she's omniscience then how she didn't know the truck was gonna move? But oh well.

The things that I like from this episode are:
- Kyouko Izanami in a yukata. She's beautiful.
- More Youta/Kyouko
- Youta and Ashura's friendship! The highlight of this episode.
Nov 16, 2020 5:45 AM

Jul 2014
I'm starting to lose patience for this show, as we're now halfway into it and it still seems to be going absolutely nowhere. Ashura's backstory was kind of interesting, but felt pretty much tacked onto an entirely different and unrelated episode and just felt rushed; rather than wasting time on festival shenanigans we've all seen countless times before, we could have delved more into Ashura as a character and had a good episode.

The only truly interesting part of this episode - beside Hina's abject stupidity in getting into a refrigerated truck and her omniscience conveniently disappearing for that entire chain of events - is that this show is now officially set in the same universe as Charlotte. The only question is where in the Charlotte timeline this sits: before the drastic changes in the final couple of episodes, or after

This needs to improve drastically going forward to avoid being the weakest of Maeda's three original shows, as this doesn't even come close to Charlotte or Angel Beats as things are now.
AtavisticNov 16, 2020 5:54 AM
Nov 16, 2020 6:29 AM

Feb 2014
If I had to think of the most memorable quote of this whole Autumn season, then Hina would probably win with ease.

"I am so loli that I could practically kill a virgin." You have to love the way she kept trying to tempt the random guys at the festival with that line. XD

That being said, this episode felt like the calm before the storm and now that we're halfway through the series, I thinking the serious drama will start to get going in either episode 7 or 8. For now, this episode was a fun get together at the Summer festival for our group.

During Hina's loli slaying conquest, the one guy I wasn't expecting to see her target was none other than Takajou, From Charlotte. I still like how he has Yusarin on his t-shirt, too. =)

The chemistry between Yota and Ashura during their rescue of Hina when she got accidentally trapped in the refrigerated lorry was cool, as well. It also led up to a nice fireworks scene to end the episode, with Yota's monologue giving me a feeling that things will start to get more serious now.

So far, this series has been pretty fun, although the impatience of some users here gives me the feeling that they only care about the drama and not the more relaxing character building episodes that we've had so far. Honestly, it's a bit annoying. =/

Overall, at this halfway point, I'm liking this series better than Charlotte, as the comedy moments and the character chemistry are better, while also doing a good job with the build up of the more serious plot in the background. Angel Beats is still better by some margin, but either way, I'm satisfied so far. =)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

167 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 20, 8:05 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

308 by AshRayKay »»
Aug 16, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

169 by AshRayKay »»
Aug 4, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

174 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

169 by Talamare »»
May 31, 11:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.