Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 24, 2020 9:26 AM

Apr 2020
Were there others like me that enjoyed Ganesha's 10 seconds of fame? XD

Why didn't the monsters give a communicator to Bell and his group so they could talk to each other even if they aren't allowed to see each other.

It's interesting to see that the monsters also have a death and rebirth cycle. Kinda like how plants die they return to the earth and grow again from seeds.
Oct 24, 2020 9:35 AM

Sep 2020
This episode had sooooo much exposition. I like the fact they dedicated a whole episode for that, and I'm hoping to see some reasons/motives behind the villains' actions. Also, the last scene was a bit too much. When Lyd ate that stone... does that mean they're cannibals basically? Lol
Oct 24, 2020 9:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh shit that end. They got Wiene and some of her new Xenos friend into their trap. How reckless their action there. I can't believed that!

Okay. This is more like an info dump, knewing the depth of the lore of these Xenos arc already threw much. Apparently, everything was set up as Uranus wishes, even Ganesha and Hermes already on plan of him far away before the arc already happened. Hmm, what a great plan he had there, Uranus-sama. I wonder how he had more important role than Zeus? Such a weird story, to be honestly xD. Well, lemme back to the point. By using Fels (I can't believed, i get to see her appearance with that kind of form on these episode. My question already answerred. Its actually really shocked me a lot. And she was the important person of that world. She was a sage! Nice!), as his connector, they made Xenos into a better life than before.

Even though, its sure that they served in a rough situations that needed them to change place frequently for getting more safety around the safety point. Its really a must situations, to separated them from human and the monster itself. Its no good actually. But they proved their nature to be persistent, yeah a monster that could survive against a wild life of Dungeon. Xenos, and their intelligent proved to be worthy enough as a human partner. But, was that right? Even Xenos itself couldn't trust human at the minority, especially on the human side!

As the start before they reach their goals to the surface, and held a better relations with human, they need to cleared the first challenge. Yeah, Ikellos familia. They had a screen time again. Preparation to battle against them, eh, Bell-chii? Well, beside of that, its good to knewing the fact that Hermes Familia, already in contact with them first. So, thats why the scene she followed Bell party at the previous episode. They might be the first informant that came and help Bell out of misery. But, was that enough? Interesting direction. Lets see the next one, and i really looking forward to see Bell's reaction after Wiene possibly getting kidnapped there.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 24, 2020 10:39 AM

Jul 2017
Still in the joyous mood of the Hestia Familia (without the goddess herself with Ouranos) with the Xenos intellgent monsters who wish to live in harmony with humans. WELP THE DISSENT, but their passion lives through both the good and bad.

HAHA it really shouldn't be a surprise that Ganesha also knows the existence of Xenos, given Monsterphilia's position all the way back from Season 1. But it's nice to even get a 5-second cameo of his existence.

More backstory on the Xenos, as to be expected for the outliers of monsters in the Dungeon. Fels' reveal, and the ambition of the Xenos monsters to even see the day of light, is a precarious objective of longing against fate and destiny...a second chance at life different from just being purely monsters, at the behest of Ouranos.

The moment of separation between Bell and Co. and the Xenos with Wiene, it's a double-edged sword, but it's for Wiene's best conditions despite Bell and Co.'s caring kindness for the past 2 episodes.

Hope they'll see each other again...OR NOT. Turns out that was the Ikelos Familia's trap...and shit's gonna hit the fan next episode.
Oct 24, 2020 11:00 AM

Mar 2020
Good to see Bell will not lose its ability to kill non-rational monsters.
Poor Wiene wanted to continue with Bell but that is not possible.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Oct 24, 2020 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Playcool said:

_cenjoo said:

What kind of sick . . . You ok bro?

I literally can't think of any reason why you would want to kill off Wenie other than your own satisfaction. I don't mean to trample on you thoughts, but why do you want Wenie dead? Because it'll cause Bell to go on some rampage, it'll make the plot more interesting? I really don't get it . . .

Don't ask for it guys, just saying... next volume, 10, is about to leave a lot of people tense as fuck, it will be hard to watch.
Also, it is Wiene, not Wenie.

I mean again Danmachi chooses another semi "dark" topic, if you can consider it that, for this season. Personally haven't read the LN, but guessing from the cliff hanger they left us with on the 4th episode it wouldn't be that surprising that the Xenos in Wiene's group are going to get severely injured or killed.
Oct 24, 2020 12:07 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
_cenjoo said:
Playcool said:

Don't ask for it guys, just saying... next volume, 10, is about to leave a lot of people tense as fuck, it will be hard to watch.
Also, it is Wiene, not Wenie.

I mean again Danmachi chooses another semi "dark" topic, if you can consider it that, for this season. Personally haven't read the LN, but guessing from the cliff hanger they left us with on the 4th episode it wouldn't be that surprising that the Xenos in Wiene's group are going to get severely injured or killed.

Ok. And you wanted what? No one gets killed, no one gets hurt? I mean, it is going to follow a predictable outcome, to a certain degree, considering the reality of the situation they are in, it is better than having an asspull, thus everyone survives.

You guys will find anything to complain about.
Oct 24, 2020 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
Playcool said:
_cenjoo said:

Ok. And you wanted what? No one gets killed, no one gets hurt? I mean, it is going to follow a predictable outcome, to a certain degree, considering the reality of the situation they are in, it is better than having an asspull, thus everyone survives.

You guys will find anything to complain about.

Oh no sorry if it came out wrong lol. I'm not complaining at all at the fact that people are probably going to die or anything. I wasn't saying it was predictable either, I was just inferring that because of the cliff hanger they left is with.

Again sorry if I got you mad or anything, I just was inferring, didn't mean it to come out like I was complaining.
Oct 24, 2020 12:51 PM

Mar 2017
My heart dropped in the last scene! It was only a matter of time before the Ikelos Familia found the Xenos but they found them a lot quicker than I thought they would. Seems like they're actually pretty smart which means this is not gonna end well.
Oct 24, 2020 1:20 PM
Oct 2020
villko05 said:
I don't understand this plot.
So they killing each other for 100+ years but never thought of at least try to communicate with each other??
Even if it's insulting each other? Is it some kind of rule created by the gods?
"We can't show any sign of intelligence because S2 is still not aired?"
This anime makes so little sense and the plot is so stupid.
Why this anime can't have at least something above mediocre? The only good scene was the S01 minotaur fight. I even watched the whole season hoping that series will bring something with to experience, but here I'm... S02 and yet to see anything worth watching. Ugh. This anime is so bad.

P.S Oh. This is S03. The second season was so forgetful that I forget it entirely lol.

Going to the dungeon is life or death for adventurers, hence their cruel nature. Many of them die especially when they start to doubt in battle like bell in episode 2. Normal monsters are just like enemies from mmo's and nothing more. Xenos are very recent due to the nature of their birth. A lot of them are unable to speak and are either killed by monsters or adventurers who are too focused on staying alive. They are also very rare which makes it even harder to find them. If paying attention isn't your strong point then I suggest you stop watching this anime and let others enjoy it.
Oct 24, 2020 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
katie_potaty said:
My heart dropped in the last scene! It was only a matter of time before the Ikelos Familia found the Xenos but they found them a lot quicker than I thought they would. Seems like they're actually pretty smart which means this is not gonna end well.

They're not smart. If they were smart, they would use shield, spear, archer formation to obliviate those monsters.

buffetboy123 said:
villko05 said:
I don't understand this plot.
So they killing each other for 100+ years but never thought of at least try to communicate with each other??
Even if it's insulting each other? Is it some kind of rule created by the gods?
"We can't show any sign of intelligence because S2 is still not aired?"
This anime makes so little sense and the plot is so stupid.
Why this anime can't have at least something above mediocre? The only good scene was the S01 minotaur fight. I even watched the whole season hoping that series will bring something with to experience, but here I'm... S02 and yet to see anything worth watching. Ugh. This anime is so bad.

P.S Oh. This is S03. The second season was so forgetful that I forget it entirely lol.

Going to the dungeon is life or death for adventurers, hence their cruel nature. Many of them die especially when they start to doubt in battle like bell in episode 2. Normal monsters are just like enemies from mmo's and nothing more. Xenos are very recent due to the nature of their birth. A lot of them are unable to speak and are either killed by monsters or adventurers who are too focused on staying alive. They are also very rare which makes it even harder to find them. If paying attention isn't your strong point then I suggest you stop watching this anime and let others enjoy it.

And yet, you still click on monsters which offer quests, dialogue options playing mmorpg.
removed-userOct 24, 2020 1:35 PM
Oct 24, 2020 4:48 PM

Mar 2010
I"m for the extermination of those talking monsters but at the same time would be a waste to get rid of them. I mean sell for what exactly? to fuck or inslave for what? makes no sense but I guess they could always just use some of their material or labor but then again that would be the same as integrating them into society so seems pointless asf lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 24, 2020 8:33 PM
May 2020
Shit, I just had to catch up with the airing in a fucking cliffhanger, didn't I?

That was a good episode tho, the shit got really interesting. The hoddie guy(girl?) was a skeleton lol and it seems that some monster dislike humans (who would've thought)

The farewell scene was kinda sad but it could've been better imo, and the gruesome scene after that really makes you empathize with the monsters. The Ikelos familia is really shitty but I like that tbh.
Oct 24, 2020 10:32 PM
Oct 2020
Rasco said:
I"m for the extermination of those talking monsters but at the same time would be a waste to get rid of them. I mean sell for what exactly? to fuck or inslave for what? makes no sense but I guess they could always just use some of their material or labor but then again that would be the same as integrating them into society so seems pointless asf lolz.

You would know in the coming episodes.
Oct 25, 2020 9:09 AM

Dec 2012
A bunch of exposition and pretty much what I called last week with the monster traders. Hopefully next week gets a bit more variation.
Oct 25, 2020 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
Can't wait for the next episode. Poor Wiene :((
Oct 25, 2020 5:19 PM
Jul 2020
Does anyone else feel a strong dip in quality? I feel like there are far more still frames in this season with the camera slowly spanning the scene. I especially find it jarring when the lizard man talks but his mouth doesn’t move with his speech. When wiene was carried away it was done in 5-6 still frames even though it was supposed to be an impactful moment. Just trying to gauge everyone else’s thoughts on it so far bc I really like this series and I want it to remain at a high quality
Oct 25, 2020 9:11 PM

Oct 2008
looks like many talking monstah will be getting foddered!
4/5.

Oct 26, 2020 8:39 PM

Feb 2019
I like what they're doing here. They're really trying to layer on the pure will of the Xenos to be a foil to the cruelty of the hunting humans to evoke sympathy in the audience. They're putting in a lot of effort to portray these Xenos as friendly, emotional beings and juxtaposing with the only other humans in the episode (other than Bell and company), Dix Perdix and company. It really goes to create such a hopeless situation for Bell-- literally trapped between such strong stereotypes. Unfortunately, there wasn't too much in this episodie specifically, but I'm excited to see how the Hestia familia will tackle this stigma of monsters in the future.
Oct 27, 2020 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
pepehands, why they gotta do my loli monster girl like that man...
Oct 27, 2020 9:52 PM

Mar 2019
Still waiting for that super episode....

Im liking it so far... but each season i see, it becomes more predictable...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 28, 2020 5:03 PM

Jul 2013
I thought Bell's gonna be stubborn again and not let go of Weine.
Oct 31, 2020 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
JayWeeb33 said:
Does anyone else feel a strong dip in quality? I feel like there are far more still frames in this season with the camera slowly spanning the scene. I especially find it jarring when the lizard man talks but his mouth doesn’t move with his speech. When wiene was carried away it was done in 5-6 still frames even though it was supposed to be an impactful moment. Just trying to gauge everyone else’s thoughts on it so far bc I really like this series and I want it to remain at a high quality

They used all the budget in season 1 vs Minorour fight and still can't recover lol.
Nov 5, 2020 9:00 AM
Apr 2018
z00nex said:
Well, it was obvious that humans wouldn’t want to live with monsters but it still hurts. They haven’t anything wrong, they just wanted to get to the surface.

Humans are the worst creatures. We tend to discriminate anyone who is not like us, who doesn’t think like us.

I'm 14 and this is too deep.
Nov 11, 2020 11:35 AM

Apr 2012
Who knows, if Bell ever dies and reincarnates in the dungeon he might come back as a slime. Hmmmm.....
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 11, 2020 11:41 AM

Apr 2012
Takadono said:
I like what they're doing here. They're really trying to layer on the pure will of the Xenos to be a foil to the cruelty of the hunting humans to evoke sympathy in the audience. They're putting in a lot of effort to portray these Xenos as friendly, emotional beings and juxtaposing with the only other humans in the episode (other than Bell and company), Dix Perdix and company. It really goes to create such a hopeless situation for Bell-- literally trapped between such strong stereotypes. Unfortunately, there wasn't too much in this episodie specifically, but I'm excited to see how the Hestia familia will tackle this stigma of monsters in the future.
You're forgetting the fact that the lizardman leader told Bell to never hesitate or hold his punches when dealing with monsters that aren't Xenos. Those monsters are mostly driven by Instinct and have no level of intellect nor self awareness and consciousness.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 23, 2020 11:51 AM

Dec 2010
I can't say that I feel bad for characters who suffer for refusing to follow orders. It's a real shame when others get hurt because of them though.
Nov 24, 2020 11:01 PM

Jul 2016
Can you see, DanMachi? Do you see what you can accomplish when you leave the dumb fanservice and lame harem antics aside? Probably the first episode in the series I truly enjoyed from start to finish. Narratively speaking, it felt engaging enough and the revelation about the Xenos being the result of endless reincarnations of ordinary monsters was actually pretty nice. Not to mention I'm loving Lyd's character already.

On the other hand, some other aspects remain as predictable as ever such as Wiene's group and Ikelos Familia crossing paths immediately after Bell's group left but well.
SouthRzVaNov 24, 2020 11:05 PM
Dec 21, 2020 8:10 PM

Apr 2019
Phew, thought that Bell and his friends would have some "oh no i can't kill monsters anymore!" dilemma. Good thing he's still going to be killing the unintelligent monsters. So Ikelos's familia (i think it was his?) captured one of the main Xenos members. Well they are definitely going to get fucked up by the rest of Xenos, bad choice on their part.

Dec 29, 2020 10:51 AM

May 2015
OI oi oi watch out! We have monsters over here! KILL THEM ALL!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 2, 2021 9:05 PM

May 2012
as someone who really isnt a fan of this show, this season has legitimately not been bad, but i have to say, i hate how this season does so much right, but it does just as much wrong to counteract it... in this case its the failure to make the adversary an interesting character, its just a boring., uninteresting 1 dimensional dislikable force... honestly unfortunate
Jan 4, 2021 7:36 PM

Apr 2016
I've grown to like the Xenos. I hope they can somehow coexist with the humans in the end.

Things aren't looking good for Wiene and the group of monsters. Who will come to their rescue?

Mar 9, 2021 7:20 AM

Sep 2012
4min in
this 2ladies are dazed while holding drinks like WHT IS GOING ON HERE lol
their dumb faces right new are priceless lol
Apr 15, 2022 10:39 PM

May 2020
Well at last humans doing what humans do... can't wait for Bell and his crew making an emphatic hero entry.
Jun 29, 2022 7:46 AM

Jan 2020
They are giving Bell too much credit. I don't know if he is good enough to dissolve hate between humans and monsters. He's literally the worst.

Lyd seems like a real bro. I like how he told Bell to not bother and hesitate to kill monsters. It's nothing personal and you gotta do what you gotta do to survive. Pretty much everything about the Xenos is infinitely more interesting than anything that's happened to Bell and co. over the past couple of seasons. Hopefully they'll get to the surface eventually.

Man, Dix is going to kill the most interesting characters in this show and then all we'll be left with is Bell and his stupid ass harem.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 2, 2022 9:14 AM

Jan 2019
I've come to the conclusion that the ED is straight up better than the OP this season, similar to season 1 in that respect.

Nov 8, 2022 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
That trap was a bit too obvious, guess that spider woman is not the brightest candle on the cake. Animation is really... non-existent in some scenes unfortunately.
Jan 10, 2023 4:08 AM

Dec 2012
Dat food and drinks.
Gros.
Hestia and Ouranos.
Hestia and Asfi.
Dix is lv 4.
Fels.
Ganesha?
Fels is a former human?

Wiene crying and being carried away from Bell hit me.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 3, 2023 6:35 AM

Nov 2010
I wish I could become immortal like Fels. I don't mind looking like the undead. In fact, I prefer looking like that. It looks cool, IMO.
I will happily embrace Ray! She's a cutie!
Mar 28, 2023 8:12 PM

May 2015
If you don't feel compassion for the talking monsters, what's wrong with you
Jul 14, 2023 8:38 PM
Nov 2022
Nah, tremendaz revelaciones, pero maldita sea, ya sabia que algo malo iba a pasar.
Feb 1, 7:01 PM

Nov 2009
The plot is actually moving.

Since season 2 was pretty much just a "training arc" for Bell... as there's barely any actual "plot points". The War Game and Prostitutes are stupid. The only "plot" was Haruhime and new familia members.

Also... welp... there goes the "new friends"... they dead now.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 26, 10:46 PM
Dec 2022
Bell leaves Wiene in the hands of Xenos but Dix found out the Xenos hideout. So a battle ensues next.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

222 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

121 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

72 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

91 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

183 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 27, 12:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.