Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2020 10:03 PM
Mar 2015
I definitely loved to finally get to see the Satella scene. In fact you could say that was on the shortlist of things I've been waiting for the most in this season, definitely in this cour. I was glad to see how they almost completely adapted her dialogue.

What leaves me a bit confused is the decision not to have that key piece of information about the Witch of Envy revealed because it is an absolutely crucial piece of background lore, and I don't see any other place that that could realistically be included in the anime anywhere in the near future.
So yeah, that seems a little weird at least.

What this really reinforces in me though is that the scripts for the episodes were not necessarily planned with the split-cour setup in mind. (I mean, I know that was not the plan initially, but we do not know what was finalized in the scripts before the decision was made to have a part 1 and part 2.) In the discussion about last episode I said that the trial should have been more fleshed out (in particular if they included the start of the "death by Rem" route, they might as well include the important part about Emilia's reaction as well) and the episode maybe ended on Echidna's offer of a contract. I was worried we were trying too hard to get to
but that did not happen yet. So we ended on some sort of weird in-between moment that is important, but not as much as either when Subaru swears to save Satella or the aforementioned (spoiler-tagged) event to come. So it seems like it would have been better for this part 1 to:

1. Flesh out the trial a bit more in the penultimate episode. Add the missing dialogue to the Reinhard vs. Puck timeline, include Emilia's (actually really cool) reaction to Rem killing Subaru which adds a whole lot of characterization and is a shame it is missing. (Not much to add in the Elsa death that we couldn't already guess.)
2. Include more of the discussion between the witches and Subaru after Satella appears.
3. End on Subaru swearing to save Satella. Aside from being generally weightier than the moment we did end on, that would have also been a phenomenal callback to how season 1 ended (not the director's cut).
+1. Leave the Roswaal conversation for the first episode of part 2, end that episode on
as a way to lead to the plotline of the second cour.

Obviously feel free to disagree though.
AraphaenonSep 30, 2020 10:59 PM
Sep 30, 2020 10:03 PM

Mar 2019
So Lovely Typhoon.....

I really liked this episode.. but i gotta say, that i REALLY expected a bit more...

Final Score: 9.85 of 10.0

Final Thoughts: This Series was the Best one of the Season by far... But, i think i liked more the ending/final episode of Deca-Dence...

PS: And Yes, Season 1 was better than S2, BUT we still need the S2 Part2, to compare them fairly.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 30, 2020 10:06 PM

Jun 2020
xkazutox said:

Additionally, S2p1 didn't have any rem/emilia moment scene which is the gem of this series. Yes the waifu stuff does matter. The rating/review are high as heck, way higher than S1. Something is awfully wrong here...S1(8.30) is lower than S2p1(8.71)

So are you just focusing for sole "waifus" or the beauty of characterization? I don't really get what you look forward to, but I guess you're just looking for entertainment.

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Sep 30, 2020 10:26 PM

Mar 2008
I kind of feel like these 13 episodes have just gained us very little in terms of progress. It almost felt like watching endless eight.
Sep 30, 2020 10:32 PM

Dec 2016
god I fucking love this series
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 30, 2020 10:48 PM
Jun 2020
lets see how subaru is gonna save her and why is the score dropping again it was a nice 8.73 now 8.71 :(
Sep 30, 2020 11:10 PM

Oct 2013
While watching this last chapter I felt that it had some flaws, it's understandable, the WN had a lot more of dialogue and important scenes than the anime, even with the longer chapters we saw all season (for which I'm really thankful) it wasn't enough to portray all the important parts but it's fine, I'm so happy that this season was aired, so gratefull for the second part and I pray for a 3rd season adapting arc 5, and I'm really glad that this story got the atention it deserves, now let's wait till january for S2P2 to see the finale of this great arc, I waited with blood on my eyes when this season was announced and I almost die when I knew the release got delayed because COVID (FUCK U), NOW THE HYPE IS REAL FOR ALL OF US I'm already desperate to keep watching more chapters
/* FALLING SNOW */
.list-container:after {
position: fixed;
left: 0;
top: 0;
content: '';
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/uVN2Nk8.png),
url(https://i.imgur.com/3d7VHiA.png),
url(https://i.imgur.com/s0pY1pb.png);
animation: SNOW 20s linear infinite;
z-index: 10000;
pointer-events: none !important;
}

@keyframes SNOW {
0% { background-position: 0 0, 0 0, 0 0; }
100% { background-position: 500px 1000px, 400px 400px, 300px 300px; }
}
Sep 30, 2020 11:18 PM

Jan 2019
Sep 30, 2020 11:23 PM
Feb 2014
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

But really LOT OF SUPRISESES and thy can be splitted to 4 main sections:
1.Satella best girl!
2.Patrarche best girl
3.HA I FCK SAID IT!
4.Otto best gril! (yes)

Amazing episode and "ending" for this part of season because as far as i heard we will have to wait a little for second part.
+ASMR is still real, how Rie Takahashi announced it, we got it and it's awesome (if i had to 'complain' i'd say they could also improve on heart beating sound to be more ASMR ish)

But going back to explaining.

1.IT was probably biggest suprise personally as from comments and content of anime, i was sure Echidna will be our favourite in this season and at some point i was really cheering her and she found place in my heart but with time we learned what was her secret which did managed to destroy her image in our eyes very successfully (what i was afraid of). AND unexpectedly we could learn more about Satlla... maybe not "about her" but more about reasons she love Subaru that much and we truly can start thinking about her as our ally not our enemy and they both, Echidna and Satella, represent opposite way of thinking, where Roswaal contracted 400years ago (when he got books from her, and she also ordered Beatrice to wait for someone just for lolz...........) with Echidna and don't mind throwing his "current" self despite how we can already assume life going on even after reset just for further goal despite knowing (or just ignoring in her case) feeling of people who will have to watch him suffer and Sattela who want Subaru to value himself more and remember everyone around don't want to watch him suffer by killing himself over and over. Where Roswaal took the route 400 years ago, Subaru was choosing with today's episode and... how you probably know already, Roswaal got himself true enemy (damn he is more punchable with every and each episode)

EDIT:I just realized that first trailer we saw of second season just got whole new meaning

2.Nothing more to add here. IT is just awesome (despite Subaru saying Patrarche being first to say that it loves Subaru when Rem was first (yes, she didn't say literally I LOVE YOU, but neither Patrarche did and Rem was actually talking about having kids and everything so.... :P )

3.I FEEL like most of you didn't even listen!! but since episode in the mansion by connecting dots, i've been saying that mtfkr Roswaal has to know about everything (at first i was saying he knows thanks to Beatrice though, she might have skill to remember) including his skill. I was telling that he has to be the one who sent Elsa to the mansion AND to steal Emilia's insygnia to find out who THE PERSON is who can help him (her, Emilia) with her task. As both books had both Roswaal and Beatrice everything was obvious and no one else but him could send her.
Someone was even argue with me about 'flaws' of first season and how they changed their character too suddenly in first season when everything was so natural and there was scene where Roswaal was telling Ram to watch him to understand him more and to tell Rem to not to do anything because she is type to act beforehand (and she already did in previous loop as far as i remember). We knew he was away in time of cult's attack on the mansion to make Subaru overcome everything to bring up Emilia's position in election. It was quite meaningless back then but he even showed us a little grin when Subaru called himself Emilia's knight... i wonder how much of that whale killing was at least 'partly' planned by him.

To be honest i just wish Subaru was a little smarter and could get the connection between Roswaal and Echidna at this point, even when Roswaal said it close to literally in front of Subaru, he still seems to not to get it (but true is he was kinda paralized by hearing about mansion and Elsa)

The only 'good side' of it is that it looks like Roswaal doesn't care if someone die just for sake of his and "subaru's" plan but it also doesnt look like he cares if someone survives so we probably don't have to be scared he will make everyone die just so Subaru can focus on Emilia.

4.We confirmed Otto being great friend but might he has bigger role in Subaru's story than we assumed? It still wasn't anything big, but for a second before ending i was sure we will get one more big reveal from Otto side how he knows a lot and is on Subaru's side to help him. Still it was great moment and great punch

If you still didn't get it from my words written in CAPS (sorry but it was really exciting for my defense :P ), it was truly amazing episodes. We got all witches supporting Subaru now which was big itself, we got some reveal on Satella true intentions towards Subaru... we got a lot and as always now the hardest part... waiting for next episode :/

The only one thing i'm suprised/disappointed about is no info about why Pack isn't there with them. Is it because he is aware of the rabbits and doesn't want the to come too fast? Is it connected to the Mabeast we saw in the mansion and also the movie? He just went fighting it off? Nothing. We got nothing which is a little shock.

Anyway getting little late so might come back tomorrow with rewatched episode and all opinions read ;)

(Again thank you mod for telling me <3 )
Sep 30, 2020 11:47 PM
Dec 2012
Does anyone else ever get annoyed with any scene with Subaru and the witches? Its this oppurtunity to learn information, ask questions, and all he can do is be a self-absorbed shit. Not to say repeatedly dying wouldn't fuck with your head.

Also, is it safe to assume that this means every time else or the little girl has been causing problems that its been Roswaal trying to "Harden" Subaru? ...minus probably the first time in the city.
Oct 1, 2020 12:03 AM

Nov 2019
I feel this episode was frustrating.

It was like they (the previous episodes) were so well handled till episode 12, and things reached peak hype with Satella 'crashing' the tea party.

But what I got was theatrics. Nothing felt going home:

1. Satella is acting completely different now. Her words are selfless. Mumbles something about pure love between her and Subaru. (No I don't think they would skip something that important from the novel without any purpose)

2. Subaru simply accepts Satella's advice to love himself more and it felt lacking any impact... The writing behind this scene is very screwed up (Truth be told I checked both WN and LN just now and it truly pulled my heart strings there, while here the direction is all over the place)

3. People just talking and talking without a good sense of camera movement (barring one Echidna monologue) and stagnant ambience is a feature of this season. It didn't bother me much till this episode, where the witches seem to be in a theater spewing out memorized lines. Subaru coming to terms with loving himself should have been a great development from episode 4 and the trials that followed but the resolution seems beyond hollow here

And this is just the first half...

4. Subaru suddenly realising that Patrasche was the first one to like him felt like he had forgotten about Rem like the other characters

5. Otto is overused in the second half. He's one of the best trump cards as a character in second season so far, but I think they pushed the bro-feelings too much this episode, making it look cheap

Truly annoying when the main weakness behind an episode is its writing among all things. You can discuss about it with no one because it can't be put into words...

And I was happy giving this cour a 9/10, but this episode really is making me dizzy in giving a score. I'll better leave it unscored until second cour finishes... A relative grading is easier after all
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Oct 1, 2020 12:12 AM

Nov 2011
Now looking back at S1, it was obvious Roswaal is the one who hired Elsa to chase Felt. Almost nobody should have been aware about the stealing of the royal emblem since Felt acted on her own.

Also, Ros let Meili escape on the Mabeast incident.

People are "complaining" about that missing statement about satella that should be crucial for the development of the story. I think they tried to convey this information through subtile animation but kinda failed ?

Sometime, I think that Roswaal is the undeclared apostle of pride of the witch cult, but he has too much pride to be part of it xD

Overall, the S1 has a lot lot lot more action going on (also cause it's twice as long). S2 set up a lot things and is more focused on psychology and character development. I like S2 a lot but I miss OST and that creepy witch sound from S1 too much so I think S1 is better xD
Oct 1, 2020 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
Well see you guys in next 3 me months
Oct 1, 2020 1:33 AM

Aug 2017
I was expecting Satella to be a completely Evil and wrecked person but it seems like I was wrong. Satella only wants what's best for Subaru.
And what's with her and Emilia!!?? Why do they look similar!!?? There has to be some connection. Well, I guess we'll find out when time comes.

I feel that all the other witches are trying to help Subaru in their own way.

Subaru seemed like a completely different person until he met Rosewall.
Rosewall is truly insane and is to be feared. I didn't expect that he'd be the one to send those assassins to the mansion.

It seems Patrasche is attached to Subaru. And Otto is one of those rare gem of a friend. Subaru is truly lucky to have them!!

Oct 1, 2020 1:41 AM

Jul 2014
@Lee_Animations
Oct 1, 2020 1:44 AM

Jan 2016
xkazutox said:
This season 2 part 1 is disappointing. I watched S1 twice, the second was a director cut. I prefer S1 over S2p1.

In contrast to Rezero S1, Rezero S2 so far barely had much going on other than heavily focus on the negative stuffs about Subaru. Stuck in a loophole that drag on way too many episodes.

Additionally, S2p1 didn't have any rem/emilia moment scene which is the gem of this series. Yes the waifu stuff does matter. The rating/review are high as heck, way higher than S1. Something is awfully wrong here...S1(8.30) is lower than S2p1(8.71)

Additional seasons over 1 usually have tons of fanboys hence why the later seasons get rated higher. Mostly because the ones that realized Mid:zero is trash dropped it on the 1st season.

Season 2 was somehow even worse than the 1st season which was already average.
Oct 1, 2020 2:19 AM

Dec 2008
Lol I didn't understand why Satella became friendly all of a sudden, in season one she was not helpful at all and only seemed to have bad intentions...

A big cliffhanger ending of this season. The whole season added many more obstacles for Subaru and in the last episode they revealed another possible enemy.
I think Subaru accomplished nothing this season, it became painfully obvious that Subaru can do nothing, he is not athletic, very smart nor can do any helpful magic.

I'm curious about the sequel and really hope that it will lead to something more positive. And please leave the annoying sanctuary!

I like season 1 a lot more, since more things happened and it had more scenery.
Season 2 was great in the sense of being scary and depressing. It reached a class of it's own as to torment the protagonist without mercy, it has been hard stuff.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2020 2:33 AM
Oct 2020
This Ep left me in a weird spot...

I'm not going to lie, I'm really over Subaru crying and yelling nonstop. For frick sake, you are surrounded by all these powerful witches who know everything about everything in this reality... Yet instead of trying to figure out what any of them are actually saying and why, you just cry.

That's why the story is so confusing to me... It seems like every character who knows any real information, just tries to spew the knowledge to Subaru constantly. He is just always so messed up that he asks the dumbest questions, none at all, or just fricken responds completely off the wall to what they just said. No wonder why he has to die tons of times to do/learn anything.

That's just my opinion anyway
Oct 1, 2020 3:08 AM
Jun 2020
This first 13 episodes of season 2 was enjoyable to watch. I did not expect to see the soft side of Satella considering that we always assume that she has ill intentions. Roswall's reasoning for attacking the mansion sounds rather stupid, but I'll keep it in mind and wait to see what happens.

I'm an anime only, so I assume there are a lot of things left out in this episode. Can't wait for part 2.

Overall score: 10/10
Oct 1, 2020 3:10 AM

Jun 2020
Dhaarok said:
xkazutox said:
This season 2 part 1 is disappointing. I watched S1 twice, the second was a director cut. I prefer S1 over S2p1.

In contrast to Rezero S1, Rezero S2 so far barely had much going on other than heavily focus on the negative stuffs about Subaru. Stuck in a loophole that drag on way too many episodes.

Additional seasons over 1 usually have tons of fanboys hence why the later seasons get rated higher. Mostly because the ones that realized Mid:zero is trash dropped it on the 1st season.

Season 2 was somehow even worse than the 1st season which was already average.

Man, people like you don't really understand the substance of this show. It always come down with "Popularity is always trash!", and this kazuto guy is too shallow to understand this whole series. I don't want to blame you, but I'm really tired of seeing "fanboy" buzzword coming from a contrarian elitist like you.

Your description is too irritable.
HanashiD4Oct 1, 2020 3:20 AM

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Oct 1, 2020 3:11 AM

Aug 2017
Pretty good finale for the first cour.

Seeing the all the witches help out Subaru came as a shock for me.
In some way, they all feel connected to him.

Satella trying to comfort Subaru is very considerate of her.
I thought she was gonna show up to the tea party on a rampage and beat up Echidna. But oh well.

Good bye witches. Will miss you guys.

Roswaal man. Never could've trusted that guy. Of course he hired assassins in the mansion.
Crazy bastard!
I hope Subaru finds a way out of this. That insane look on Roswaal's face needs a good punch.

Overall, this has been a solid first half of the season. It definitely felt slower paced compared to season 1. But it built up all the trauma/obstacles of sanctuary and the mansion. Making this one very complex.
Really loved the diversity of characters here. The witches. Garfiel, Frederica, Ryuzu, etc. Very vibrant cast of new characters and enemies.

Can't wait for the second cour.
NaroomakiOct 1, 2020 7:37 PM

Oct 1, 2020 4:32 AM
Aug 2015
Tsukiumi0 said:
Lemark said:
But in the first episode emilia tells Subaru that her name is satella..and when he called her again after return by death she tells him to not call her that...was the first episode and the one after it really after eachother?

Always thought it was just because she didn't trust him enough to tell her real name.
After he returns by death, he didn't asked for her name, he just casually called her Satella, that's why she got mad.

YESS I thought the same, but l why would emilia ever tell you that her name is satella, even though she didn't trust him, logically that would make her more trouble.., I might be overthinking this but it would be nice if it was planned all along.
Oct 1, 2020 5:10 AM

Dec 2015
I cannot rate this Season as high as most people are doing. As much as I enjoyed this Season for the same reasons as Season 1 (great direction, amazing ost, and good mysteries), and the tension that those elements have brought have given me an 8/10 experience, the "answers" some people claim it would have happen weren't in this arc. For example, if you look at the most helpful review of this Season, the guy listed some of the questions this show have brought, but when you truly think about it, none of them were answered fully. And this is at least just 1/10 of the questions. I truly hope they do answer all of them in the the second arc. At this point, I don't care if they just gave us 6 entire exposition episodes to explain all the amount of questions, I just want a cohesive plot. What Re:Zero have done doesn't allow me to forgive a single plot event with some inconsistency or be completely ignored.
Oct 1, 2020 5:24 AM

Jun 2013
I really enjoyed this first half of the second season. I'm giving it an 8/10 for now but I'm debating my score and want to make it higher but not until I've seen the second half. I've already read lots of spoilers but it doesn't lessen my enjoyment.

It's funny how that happens, sometimes I stumble upon spoilers and it totally ruins the experience but if a series is still pretty good or enjoyable to watch then spoilers won't really matter, I just tend to expect it.

I loved seeing Subaru at the tea party of the Witches of Sin. I fucking love all of them, I can't choose a favorite but ngl, I'm leaning towards Daphne, Typhon, Sekhmet, Echidna and even Satella.

I loved the gore and seeing more deaths that Subaru went through. Yeah, yeah he suffers and honestly, I don't care if he does. I don't live vicariously through him with his harem of bitches, this is partly a horror series and I want that horror element otherwise it's not as fun.
臭い-
Oct 1, 2020 5:25 AM

Jul 2014
I'm not really sure what to make of this mid-season finale, if I'm honest. The conversation between Subaru and the witches turned so ridiculously quick on Satella's arrival that it almost felt like everything there came out of nowhere, even if the end result was pretty interesting: it's pretty much confirmed that the timelines do continue after Subaru's death, so now he wants to like himself more, see them liking him and not make them suffer by dying all the time, leading to a final rejection of Echidna's offer (which basically boiled down to her helping him methodically reach the right answer, dying time and time again along the way).

Of course, though, that goes against everything Roswaal is trying to do and he's quick to tear into Subaru and work to crush this new philosophy he's trying to build but currently lacks the resolve to fully follow through on (it's not like he can change so much that quickly, after all). And using the assassins to try and make Subaru accept that he can't save everyone and that he has to make sacrifices for his final goal is just the icing on the cake.

To me, though, there were some more interesting small details throughout this episode, most notably a lot of Satella's dialogue in Windows XP land: throughout that scene, she talks about how Subaru "saved her" and made a bunch of other comments that suggested she knows Subaru personally and has actively interacted with him. However, as far as we as viewers are aware, it wasn't until her materialisation this season that Satella and Subaru ever had a direct interaction. More than that, it was Emilia that Subaru saved in arc 1 as far as we know. And yes, we know there's a connection between the two as they share the same VA and look incredibly similar, but to me now it's obvious that Emilia IS Satella and just isn't aware of it; I don't know if there's a split personality or what, but that's the only way I can see those interactions making sense. Also, it's interesting that Satella wants Subaru to kill him in the end, but I find it odd that he would instead offer to save her; I know that's his personality and all, but does he really know what he's promising there?

And then there's Otto. He's a nice guy, but the way he found Subaru in that last scene struck me as somewhat odd and suspicious, like it was almost too convenient. And I don't buy his whole "my instincts have to be sharp as a merchant" nonsense this time. After all, if he really is just what we've seen of him so far, I don't think it makes any sense to cut off with that interaction as it's just not as consequential as everything else this episode. He is surely more than he seems, and my prevailing theory for now is that he is also an agent of Echidna, acting as her eyes and ears to keep watch over Subaru and offer advice. Equally, I could just be reading too much into it.

At this point, it's hard to judge how to rate this as the arc is still ongoing and there's bound to be a lot more twists and turns to come, as well as a lot of hints and foreshadowing from this half paid off later on. In isolation, though, this has been a strong arc overall so far, but besides Subaru's first trial (which was one of the best anime episodes I've seen this year and one of Re:ZERO's absolute best too) we haven't fully reached the heights season 1 did.

9/10 for now, but may very well change on a rewatch and based on what happens in the arc's second cour in January.
AtavisticOct 1, 2020 5:30 AM
Oct 1, 2020 5:40 AM

May 2019
Ok, they are not even trying to hide, right?

Clone Ryuzu-like Theory intensifies

Laplace_kun said:
I feel this episode was frustrating.

It was like they (the previous episodes) were so well handled till episode 12, and things reached peak hype with Satella 'crashing' the tea party.

But what I got was theatrics. Nothing felt going home:

1. Satella is acting completely different now. Her words are selfless. Mumbles something about pure love between her and Subaru. (No I don't think they would skip something that important from the novel without any purpose)

2. Subaru simply accepts Satella's advice to love himself more and it felt lacking any impact... The writing behind this scene is very screwed up (Truth be told I checked both WN and LN just now and it truly pulled my heart strings there, while here the direction is all over the place)

3. People just talking and talking without a good sense of camera movement (barring one Echidna monologue) and stagnant ambience is a feature of this season. It didn't bother me much till this episode, where the witches seem to be in a theater spewing out memorized lines. Subaru coming to terms with loving himself should have been a great development from episode 4 and the trials that followed but the resolution seems beyond hollow here

And this is just the first half...

4. Subaru suddenly realising that Patrasche was the first one to like him felt like he had forgotten about Rem like the other characters

5. Otto is overused in the second half. He's one of the best trump cards as a character in second season so far, but I think they pushed the bro-feelings too much this episode, making it look cheap

Truly annoying when the main weakness behind an episode is its writing among all things. You can discuss about it with no one because it can't be put into words...

And I was happy giving this cour a 9/10, but this episode really is making me dizzy in giving a score. I'll better leave it unscored until second cour finishes... A relative grading is easier after all

Great review right here.

As you said, innacurate writing AND direction. With a good direction you can make even a monologue about potatos become the most intense thing ever.

"Director's Cut" my ass, this episode and the Tea Party's could have been A LOT better with less lazy direction. I still think Re:Zero direction is better than average in anime, but due to it's flaws, its not epic, or classic level.

WeAreTheSame said:

I was just thinking about looking into the manga. Nice save. Hope everyone is excited! I can't believe Roswaal could be so fucking sick... I'm guessing the mystery about Satella is going to be covered in the next part. WELP, time to watch SAO and finish 12 ep animes in the meantimmee.. deuces

I did it after season 1, but the manga is only monthly released and it already was surpassed by the anime like... for the 2 next years of chapters.
Oct 1, 2020 6:57 AM

May 2019
TeamDalaiLana said:
Re:Zero is very complex.

Don't speak to me of the deep magic, witch. I was here for the first episode.

Anyways, I'm not talking about the "They are reminding him to love himself" part. Why is Subaru absolutely clueless that people care about him? He's had one normal and two borderline love confessions, excluding Satella. He has a bunch of guys wanting to be friends friends with him. He's had several big emotional scenes because of this stuff. It felt like this episode omitted all of that, so that Subaru would conveniently forget he's in a convoluted harem.
Oct 1, 2020 7:32 AM

Jun 2017
Goddamn, this season was just phenomenal to watch! Especially this ending episode, looks like this season is just a buildup for the next season, looks like Subaru's hardship has only just began. Looks like my hunch was right on Roswaal, just seems so weird honestly, but he really was the one behind the attack on the mansion. About Satella, maybe she isn't that bad after all... maybe Satella is really Emillia (in the future), I'm an anime only watcher so I don't really know..
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 1, 2020 8:18 AM
Apr 2019
To be honest, I couldn't simply follow what's happening at the end. I'm surprised that the witches helped Subaru. Roswaal is really something. I really enjoyed this! I can't wait for the next cour though. That punch of Otto is a surprise.
Oct 1, 2020 8:58 AM
Apr 2017
Rob7 said:

"Director's Cut" my ass, this episode and the Tea Party's could have been A LOT better with less lazy direction. I still think Re:Zero direction is better than average in anime, but due to it's flaws, its not epic, or classic level.

I disagree, direction on Re:Zero is amazing, the animation team is the one that cannot keep up sometimes now that they lost the studio that helped them in the first season.

The conversation with Roswall is the closest we had to the old Re:Zero quality animation, as much as I love this cour, I hope part 2 animation is on par with that.
Oct 1, 2020 9:36 AM

Jan 2012
Rob7 said:
That's it, Anime-Onlies, we've reach the end of this half.

But i have a strong advice.

DO NOT

spoil it to yourself
by reading the novels

Checking threads about novel ranking, 9 in 10 readers put the arc 4 as being the BEST arc so far.

We are watching what for most is the best moment of the series (not saying that the rest is bad), and the climax is right there starting in Jan/2021.

So don't spoil it.

I can kinda see why people would think that, considering there's a lot of revelation going on but.. I just want them to hurry and leave sanctuary if I'm honest. I like the interactions he has with the witches, Emilia, Otto, and Roswaal but otherwise I haven't really enjoyed the other characters in the sactuary as much.
Oct 1, 2020 10:58 AM
Oct 2020
xSweetSlayerx said:
TeamDalaiLana said:

Anyways, I'm not talking about the "They are reminding him to love himself" part. Why is Subaru absolutely clueless that people care about him? He's had one normal and two borderline love confessions, excluding Satella. He has a bunch of guys wanting to be friends friends with him. He's had several big emotional scenes because of this stuff. It felt like this episode omitted all of that, so that Subaru would conveniently forget he's in a convoluted harem.

Think about everything he has done so far in this season. He was doing all of it alone and completely forgot about his friends not being some bunch of kids that needs constant protection, but being rather useful allies to him. He pushed Emilia aside to not make her upset. He turned down Otto to not drag him into this. Beatrice, when she wanted to heal him. All of them seemed pretty useless, cause he never really tried to rely on them. As he was saying already, he doesn't want to lose someone, like he lost Rem.
Oct 1, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was just epic! All the witches were great, but I tip my cap to Minerva and Satella. Them witches be lovey dovey with Subaru. Echidna is truly greedy and it's a good thing Subaru didn't choose her path. As for Roswaal, the dude is beyond insane and yet absolutely awesome! However, I don't think Subaru will ever become as greedy as Roswaal or even as insane as him. So far, one could say Subaru has been nothing, but greedy as he always tried to do things by himself, but the trial with his parents and the Rem consolidation trial just made him realize why he had to stop being a lone wolf. This fact was further well driven by Minerva's and Satella's actions. Really liked this show and Otto is Best Friend material no doubt👍 Looking forward to Cour 2🙌
Oct 1, 2020 1:04 PM
Mar 2014
eh, pretty mediocre season imo, really not interested in the sanctuary, garfiel, the pink haired echidna minion.
the parts with otto felt overly shounen and out of place.
roswaal has gotten more interesting tho which is cool.
not really feeling any of the witches tho, echidna is kind of cool i guess. seems like subaru just wasted his time with them though, witch of envy being right there and he doesnt even ask why she brought him to this world, or ask her anything at all really.
yea idk overall pretty weak, don't like the direction they took this series in, pretty disappointing 6/10
Oct 1, 2020 1:22 PM

Aug 2018
By the way, first time I see that on poster are witches..
Eh, I don't know about that, blond girl.. Was you witch of wrath, if I remember correctly?.. I mean, if man wants to do things he likes, your logic is just pretty pushing and twisting, really..
This scene of Subaru freaking out with towards witch of envy's "I love you" seems a bit like a farce, to be honest.. Why Subaru thinks and feels these ways?.. It's very strange, really.. I guess, he's stressed to face witch of envy, and that's why he's like that?.. Because, honestly.. Why he's freaking out so much?.. I guess, he's just stressed out or something..
And witch of envy is just strange, I guess.. She's obsessed with some love, it seems, but she doesn't really feel like yandere or anything..
Also.. Is witch of envy Emilia?.. Or what she means, when she says "you gave everything to me", hm?.. No spoiling, though, please - just wording out loud my thoughts, that's all..
Honestly.. This point about other people suffering after his death.. It doesn't really make any sense, to be honest.. I mean.. What would you choose in the end?.. To kill yourself and try again, if it saves, for example, Rem, or Emilia?.. Or just if they died, still continue to fight, and not die?.. This point, honestly, doesn't make any sense, really.. I have no idea, why everyone agrees with this point..
Oh, so that's Roswaal's plan.. To create so much fucked up shit, so that Subaru wouldn't be able to save everyone at the same time, and would become more.. tough, or something, I guess.. Why would Subaru need to be more tough, though?.. What for?.. More efficient?.. Isn't being able to rewrite - already quite an OP thing, why would you also need to become tough?.. ;D It's a good quality, I guess.. So this makes a bit of sense.. But also person, who has such powers as Subaru - does he really need such quality?.. Not sure.. Well, maybe if making long term decisions or something, I guess.. Like release some criminal or kill him, I guess, or something like that, for example.. So that this criminal doesn't really gather rebel army in one month after release or something, when Subaru wouldn't be able to undo his decision of 1 month old..
I don't know, how I'll like series next, to be honest.. It was an interesting ride so far.. But it also feels that very many things got introduced, and some freaking out by Subaru doesn't really feel that much justified.. In case of Roswaal - yes.. But in case of witch of envy expressing him her love - I'm not sure about that.. It was very strange.. It's as if Subaru isn't the guy with anime posters on his wall as we saw before, but rather a normie, who the first time encounters yandere, lol.. Though, she also doesn't feel like yandere, but really.. It's very strange..
Speaking more about this season.. I really liked episode when Subaru resolved his neet past, thanks to Echidna's first trial.. Echidna really was the best therapist back then, lol.. And it was a great psychological episode.. Maybe the best in the series so far..
I'll give this season high score.. But also I have some unsure feeling of where it's all going, to be honest.. I don't know.. I also don't know, what this anime to watch for anymore.. I at the start started watching it because of the coming back from death, relieving the same things idea.. But what is it, what I'm getting from anime now?.. Episode with Echidna's first trial was the best, really.. It really gave a look at how person can change.. I like this thing.. But majority of second season, I feel, was introducing all kinds of dangers that are happening?.. I don't know.. I'm not sure, what I'm taking from this anime, honestly, and what to take from this.. Like, character writing.. We got some more things about many characters, like glimpses at witches.. Or more about Roswaal, Beatrice.. But it also feels like many things aren't revealed as well, and understanding characters is still hard with many things hidden.. So I don't know.. I'm not sure about these things.. About main question.. What I took from this season?.. I guess, Subaru's resolve episode at Echidna's first trial - top episode, really.. And some things about Beatrice.. That's the things I remember the most right now, and what I feel, what I was truly interested in.. But also.. I don't know.. I just don't know..
Oct 1, 2020 1:24 PM

Jun 2013
Nooooo, I don't want to wait another 2-3 months for the next season, I want it now D:
Oct 1, 2020 1:56 PM

Sep 2017
Now you're telling me to wait for part 2:(((
خ
Oct 1, 2020 2:21 PM

Apr 2017
DINGO_SCUM said:
eh, pretty mediocre season imo, really not interested in the sanctuary, garfiel, the pink haired echidna minion.
the parts with otto felt overly shounen and out of place.
roswaal has gotten more interesting tho which is cool.
not really feeling any of the witches tho, echidna is kind of cool i guess. seems like subaru just wasted his time with them though, witch of envy being right there and he doesnt even ask why she brought him to this world, or ask her anything at all really.
yea idk overall pretty weak, don't like the direction they took this series in, pretty disappointing 6/10

I feel mostly the same. My initial watch of S1 was an 8 but on rewatch it became a 3...

I started this season with a rating of 7 or 8 in ep 1...by ep 5 it became 6, by ep 9 it became 5... at ep 12 it dropped to 4 and I tried to leave it there but somehow ep 13 made it drop farther into a 3 because as of the last episode, it just felt like every female thing in the show is just some kind of paper cardboard waifu including the witches. Heck, even the assassin lady dresses like a stripper while hurting Subaru lol. Like, I sincerely wonder if this show would be as highly rated if they had made every character male to begin with. As in, Emilia being a boy, maids->butlers, witches->warlocks.

BalsaminaOct 1, 2020 2:29 PM
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Oct 1, 2020 3:09 PM

Jun 2017
This season was bangers, I don't know how I am going to last until Part 2. Satella suddenly became best girl too (although cutting a super important info about her is very weird), I hope we will see more of the other witches in the future.

I am not that surpised that Roswaal turned out to be the "impostor", dude was extremely suspicious since S1. I wonder if Subaru will stay by what he said and won't become like him.

And lastly Otto came to save the day. Maybe he can help come up with a good solution if Subaru explains what's going on.

These events were also pretty huge so I expect the save point is moved again now.

Oct 1, 2020 3:31 PM
Apr 2017
I will never get this "Roswall is Subaru" thing...It's as dumb as it gets, even simple things like the fact he does not even have the same magic affinity as Subaru destroys that theory already.

Oct 1, 2020 3:38 PM
Aug 2020
thebrentinator24 said:
This season has been quite the wild ride, topped off by that intense conversation between Roswaal and Subaru. Lol it was nice of Otto to punch the fuck out of Subaru to try and snap him back into reality.

Another solid season of Re:zero in the books, it's a shame we have to wait for the rest when this probably would have run for 2 consecutive cours if it wasn't for the whole COVID shit. Oh well, looking forward to the rest of it in January.

It was still scheduled to be split correctly having 1 off quarter between them. Would have been the same only spring and fa instead of summer winter.
Oct 1, 2020 5:53 PM

Oct 2015
Someone kills Roswaal , plz
Subaru needs allies
Oct 1, 2020 6:29 PM

Sep 2016
Wait so should I read the novel or should I wait
Oct 1, 2020 6:39 PM
Jan 2014
Satella actually being this kind brings up a question. In previous loop where she swallowed up the sanctuary and Subaru suicided, was it her or Emilia who cried at the end?

Also this time Satella managed to appear in the witch world without physically appearing at the sanctuary, while it happened the other way previously. Why?
Oct 1, 2020 6:53 PM

Nov 2012
Wow! Otto has one helluva right hook. I was happy he punched Subaru because I've wanted to so many times.

This episode confirmed one thing: Roswaal is insane.

I really liked the witches. I've thought so since the first season. Another thing I've always thought is that Satella and Emilia are the same person. I've watched this entire anime trying to figure out which one is the original personality. I may be wrong, but I just can't see their existence being anything other than that. I almost thought they'd be twins separated at birth, but quickly decided on split personality. I'm only mentioning it because something at the tea made me think they were hinting at a split, especially when Subaru said, "I'll save you." Why would he save Satella? I'm kinda wondering if not all the witches aren't different personalities of the same person.

Question to manga readers: Is Echidna's name spelled the same in the manga or is it Echi dona? I've never understood their pronunciation. Plus, she's kind of dressed like an old Spanish lady, hence the dona.
Oct 1, 2020 8:11 PM
Apr 2020
PendragonX1 said:
The episode starts with Subaru breaking into a million pieces again as usual at this point.

My question is how did he actually kill himself here their nothing that he did before to prepare to do it and it suddenly happens. I am assuming he did something in the LN but here he literally falls to the ground dead and IDK why.
[/i]

Do u never see a interrogation movie where the suspect is suicide biting his own tongue? If not, ill explain: Exsanguinate (bleed to death) from the lingual arty, the tongue’s blood supply, being severed.
You could drown from aspirating your own blood.
You could die from an infection caused by the aspiration of blood into the necrotizing effect that had on pulmonary tissues.
You could die from an infection derived from the tongue being severed.-Quora

Oct 1, 2020 8:25 PM

May 2019
Season 2 is done, and there were a few nuanced curveballs that I didn't expect (and ended up loving), but overall the anime created an atmosphere of tension that at times (such as during the Witches Tea Party) was unparalleled. My one critique from season 1 was Subaru's characterisation, and now his development is becoming much more complex.

Amazing anime, 9/10. I feel like if this wasn't a split season, it might've broken into the 10 range.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 1, 2020 10:29 PM

Aug 2016
Man, I like this anime, but I feel sometimes it gets unnecesarily convoluted.
:v
Oct 1, 2020 10:36 PM
Feb 2018
As I did not read the LN, it kinda ticks me off every single time where Subaru finally recovers, and in the very next moment gets back to his previous depressed state. It's like the previous moments are stuck together then thrown into a dump.
Oct 1, 2020 11:46 PM

May 2016
xSweetSlayerx said:
TeamDalaiLana said:

Why do people attempted suicide in REAL LIFE despite knowing people care about them? There are people that have loving families, great careers, an amazing life but still take their life. Subaru being “absolutely clueless” is a manifestation and reflection of people with suicidal thoughts and lack of self worth. It’s combination of greed (like echidna said), self pride because of Return By Death (he’s a hero with power but also not a hero due to the nature of his “power”) and Subaru’s own self deprecation. It’s in parallel to real life family members questioning their sons or daughters suicide despite having a “loving” environment. Why don’t you know your life is worth living? The author is literally pounding you over the head with that concept.....I’m repeating myself here but it’s about self worth and self sacrifice. He knows people care about him but he doesn’t know that there are other ways besides death. Otto confessed to be his friend in one of the loops and Subaru knew that already and he has been trying to protect his friends by using his life as a commodity. He’s clueless but not in the way that you think. It’s multifaceted. He’s not clueless that people care about him but he’s clueless about his worth.

EP 18 season 1 his first awareness of his “personality” and his flaws.
Ep 4 season 2 coming to terms about his past what caused his flaws and closure.

The rest of the first cour this season so far is literally him trying to “man up”. In the process of doing so dying over and over again because his tactic has flaws and now he has to realize that death should not be the solution. He’s not quite there yet but he’s reaching hard. It has been an exploration of death with layers touching upon homicide, depression as well as self harm/suicide and life.

Look I think this will be my last post because tbh I’m really tired. I don’t want to be wasting my time explaining concepts to people. My takeaway here is that it can’t be the series’s fault,...ri...right? (I mean I completely understood this show and what it is trying to say and I’m no genius). IT’S NOT MY JOB to be an explainer. I’m just going to sit back enjoy the show. Discussions in “anime forums” are rotting my brain. It’s not even a hard concept to grasp anyway, so it’s baffling really. I personally feel like I’ve outgrown the “anime community” in general. Bye gurl.

One question just for you. Did you understand why Otto punch Subaru at the end?........ if not just drop the show already it’s a lost cause.
TeamDalaiLanaOct 2, 2020 12:19 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 19, 2020

298 by Cormac07 »»
Jun 29, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.