Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2020 3:29 PM

Jul 2014
I waited for a while but it seems no anime-only has posted this yet.

When I've read that Roswaal scene in the LN, I was certain (and still am) that
Sep 30, 2020 3:58 PM

May 2019
I am so baffled by the first half of this episode.

Like, why are we spending 15 minutes trying to remind Subaru that people care about him? We even had "Rem" reiterating everything she said back in the previous season. Otto's even joined the fanclub, and what do you mean you didn't know your noble dragon steed likes you? Wtf? This felt like character backtracking, not development.

Also, it just strikes me as off that Satella is suddenly sane and having a normal conversation with Subaru. She seemed mad bonkers in her debut episode.

Anyways, called it that the clown man was the one hiring the assassins. Never ever trust clowns.
Sep 30, 2020 4:00 PM

Jan 2015
This season really changed my opinion about Re:Zero.
I really enjoyed it more than first season, even though a rewatch is needed. Can't wait to see second part in Winter. Hands down anime of the year.
Sep 30, 2020 4:01 PM
Sep 2008
So Roswaal is worse than any of the witches, neat
Sep 30, 2020 4:02 PM
Sep 2008
I'm also glad to see Roswaal uses magic for his clown makeup
Sep 30, 2020 4:05 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Wow, that was a decent close for Part 1 of Season 2. So it seems all the witches, even if evil, care about Subaru. We see our first real conversation with and good look at Satella. We find out that Roswaal is the one who commissioned the assassins on the mansion. And finally we see Otto punch Subaru in the face. Also the scene between Subaru and Patrasche was sweet. Can’t wait until Part 2 of Season 2.
Sep 30, 2020 4:13 PM
Sep 2008
See, at the end of this season, now I just want to know HOW the witches became witches, how did they get these powers/where did they come from, etc. I thought by the way they described Carmilla as using her authority then that would mean Sekhmet would have the same authority as betelgeuse but when she used her power we didn't see any unseen hands like with betelgeuse. So I guess the authorities that the archbishops have are lesser versions of the witches authorities and we couldn't see the higher version of unseen hands?
Sep 30, 2020 4:23 PM
Jun 2013
Weird season. A lot happened and not much happened. I wish they didn't split this season into two parts. Now we just get 13 episodes of buildup to have to wait another 3 months.
Sep 30, 2020 4:33 PM

Apr 2020
Episode was alright! Re zero is a very enjoyable anime in general, but I feel like this season so far has been substantially weaker than the first one. I can't really explain it but I'm less sympathetic towards Subaru this season, he seems kinda seems out of touch and I think that some of his previous development as a character has been undone in a way again can't really explain it. Also, I just feel like the witches don't portray their "themes" very accurately. Echidna could be more greedy and Satela, especially in this episode, could have be a lot more envious seeing subaru with the other witches and stuff... Overall these seem like basicly baby steps since the story seems to be moving terribly slow so there could be a lot more development in their characters in the episodes to come. Looking forward to the second part of the season either way, this is fun!
Sep 30, 2020 4:42 PM
Feb 2016
Can anyone explain why Typhon was so upset when she asked Subaru who/what made him cry? I thought she was about to lose it.

I also love it when Subaru said to Otto, "Leave WHAT to you?" As if there was nothing he could do. That exemplified his entire problem, right there.

Sep 30, 2020 4:51 PM
Nov 2019
Great episode, but why on earth are they splitting the season? This was such an odd place to leave off.
Sep 30, 2020 4:52 PM

Feb 2018
I changed my mind, Echidona is now second best girl, Satella has officially taken that spot.
Sep 30, 2020 4:56 PM
Sep 2020
Ok lets be honest this episode was absolutely garbage. They cut everything for example the gratest dialogue:

"I, love you. ――Because you gave me light. It was you who took me by the hand, and showed me the world outside. In the nights when I was lonely and afraid, you held my hand. And when I was all alone, you kissed me on the lips and told me that I wasn’t. You’ve given me so, so much. ……That’s why, I love you. Because you… you gave me everything"

and many more. It is so sad
Sep 30, 2020 4:58 PM

Aug 2018
Kind of a weird place to end it, this season should’ve been 2 cour but I get Rona maybe was involved in that....
Sep 30, 2020 5:12 PM
Apr 2019
What a weird episode, they really cut a lot! No explanation about

Wonder why they suddenly started to rush things last episode after so faithfully adapting LN volumes 10 and 11.

As WN reader, I'm kinda disappointed. At least the Roswaal scene is still fucking good though.
Sep 30, 2020 5:14 PM

Jul 2014
Welp thats for the 1st cour, what a ride.
Loved how the witches were calling Subaru out like the crybaby playing victim card role wannabe hero he is.
Dude is like a manchild, tho I can understand why he didnt take Echidna's deal, he said so himself, he's afraid of pain, afraid of dying over and over, he doesnt have the will,heart and mentality to handle that role. In a way he did what Satella told him, learn to love himself more, but in a way he also kinda screwed someone else for not taking the deal, I mean whats to guarantee there wont be another special person to him that wont get fcked over like Rem did or worst, someone actually dying and him not being able to do anything about it. I dont know... if he was confident enough and had the right weapons I guess its better to bet on himself than an almost all knowing witch but eh... guess we'll see, just that in my case I would have took Echidna's deal, or at the very least tried negotiating.
Roswall is one crazy bastard tho, sure he has his reasons but damn...
Also... at first I thought Satella just borrowed Emilia's body during the whole " I love you " ASMR thing back in the previous episodes but even in this ep she looked like Emilia? does she really look like her? I thought it was just her hair and being a half elf lol, I didnt know her whole facial feature and probably physic was all Emilia, they are def related in some capacity, way too coincidental that the one that gave RBD to Subaru is almost 99% identical to the person he loves the most and is willing to die for over and over, and Satella's words... Subaru saved her? feel like we're gonna get one massive time shenanigans here or some ancestral shit.
Sep 30, 2020 5:19 PM

Aug 2017
Look like still there is no development from our mc, still think straight, and think he can create happy ending without relying on to his friends and decline echidna offer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2020 5:20 PM
Jun 2017
love this final episode..

Those witches sure are fighting for subaru.... and of course Satella really looks like emilia...hahaha

but the real deal is here.. ROSWALD WANT TO MAKE SUBARU INSANE AND BE LIKE HIM... hahaha...

im ready for the second part of said series
Sep 30, 2020 5:23 PM

Sep 2017
Ehhh that was alright I guess.
Sep 30, 2020 5:31 PM

May 2020
So it ends, in my opinion, the best anime of the season.
I'm really hyped for the second cour, I've heard people saying that the best arc arrives now, and for the looks of it, it might be correct, since its considered to be the climax of the anime. This season was basically a set-up, an amazing set-up, for the second cour. Hope it can reach my expectations.
And for now.... We wait...
Sep 30, 2020 5:36 PM

Sep 2020
-Aincrad- said:
So nothing special at the end?

I expected some kind of cliffhanger at least. But well, they definitely has their reason for ending the first half here

isnt it obvious because its not intended to be split cour at first? But it split anyway because pandemic.

ccrsxx said:
What a weird episode, they really cut a lot! No explanation about

Wonder why they suddenly started to rush things last episode after so faithfully adapting LN volumes 10 and 11.

As WN reader, I'm kinda disappointed. At least the Roswaal scene is still fucking good though.

same as my response above , they have to stop at this episode because split cour, thats why they cut alot. Even with that cut, the episode itself is already 27 minutes long without OP/ED.
As to why "that part" that actually gets cut.... i wonder about that too

--------

previously i'm convinced Satella is not Emilia, but now, im confused again not because her lookalike but based on her dialogue. LoL
I guess her power RbD is a hint itself (time-based power? fate defying power?) ?
Sep 30, 2020 5:42 PM

Jul 2012
Popping in REALLY quick so I can comment and avoid spoilers. (If you quote this, PLEASE don't put any hints, spoilers, theories or the like. I don't even watch PVs anymore since I'm trying to figure things out on my own and enjoy series with a fresh mind.)

I'm leaning 7/10.

Animation was still really good, voice acting was phenomenal, great music. The production value is all there.

But to me I feel like we got information overload without anything to show for it so far?

Yes, we learned a lot, we've learned Subaru while having grown, still isn't where he needs to be yet, all of those things.

But knowing all of this info, and not being able to make use of it until three months from now is disappointing. I feel like this whole season was to get us ready for some crazy twists that won't happen for a while.

So for that reason, I'm annoyed and can't give this anything more than a 7/10. I don't like slow burners when the end isn't in sight. Knowing I have to wait 3 months just makes me think "this better all be worth it."

The only things that have paid off were the idea that he's currently stuck because someone knows his authority and got him stuck on purpose (which is cool), and that the witches all have their own agendas (that are different than we thought) no matter how kind or evil they are to Subaru.

I'll be back at the end of next season. I really hope this ends up blowing me away in cour-2.
Sep 30, 2020 5:54 PM
Oct 2019
Just more proof that Otto-tan is best girl (tied with Patrasche of course).

I'm quite annoyed that Subaru asked Satella LITERALLY nothing! "Why did you bring me here?" "Why did you give me Return by Death?" "Who are you?" "Why should I be nice to you when you are the primary antagonist of this entire world?"

Is he just being dense or are there reasons for this?
Sep 30, 2020 5:55 PM

Nov 2018
Well this season was a disappointment. The first season wasn't great or anything but it had some cool moments and was entertaining occasionally. Basically this entire season was just characters having boring conversations explaining the plot. 5/10.
"Otaku search for patterns within data presented and draw conclusions. Anime fans only see clones and copies."
-artificialnightsky
Sep 30, 2020 6:00 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, 8/10 for the season due to its quality and dialogues... BUT, it would be 6/10 if not for the upcoming second cour as nothing was resolved in this part and we were running in circles all the time (not necessary bad thing but leaving quarter year pause here is really bad).
Sep 30, 2020 6:04 PM

Apr 2019
Well that was a really good finale, I feel quite satisfied with it actually despite the amount of questions we're left with lol.

So, Satella is trying to help Subaru? I mean it would make sense if she had two personalities, like if she was the future version of Emilia but Emilia is still inside ya know? Cause that's kinda what I'm thinking here. So hopefully Subaru will be able to save Emilia from becoming Emilia/Satella.

Also its great that we got to see some prime witch action in this episode. I'm really hoping to get more next season cause these witches are just really cool to see. That and also you can't go wrong with having more Echidna, like you just can't.

As shocked as I am to hear that clown-Dio was the one who sent the assassins to the mansion, I honestly can say that I'm not that surprised that he did that. i mean I guess trying to help Subaru sharpen his resolve, but damn man, instead of throwing him into the deep end of the pool, it's like he just threw him into the deep end of an empty one. Really looking forward to learning about clown-Dio next season, cause the dude is just an enigma.

Subaru is one dense mf, buddy should really know when to value himself. Thankfully he's got Otto to literally smack some sense into him.

All and all, the first half of season 2 was really fucking good. I mean sure, we got to see Subaru suffer a million times more than season 1, but, it was also like a million times better imo. So I'm really hyped to see what's in store for us next year.
Sep 30, 2020 6:06 PM

Mar 2018
Panzer92 said:
It was cool and all... but I felt a bit lost when they stared talking about Subaru not loving himself. He has simple problem: save people in mansion and in village. How did that turn into him having some breakdown an feeling unloved?
Same with the lizard liking him scene after he woke up. Cmon, he knows Rem loves him, Otto likes him, he can suspect Emilia cares for him.
He finally stared using RBD as powerful tool it is, and now, in imo forced way, they try to limit it?
Still good episde, but Im not sure I like this direction.

Because he was willing to die over and over, as long as it takes, to try and save them. He doesn't value his own life in the slightest and projects that opinion of himself onto others. The point of the second trial was to show him that there IS value in him beyond Return by Death and that people do care about him. That was why it was a turning point for his character, where he decided he wouldn't be wasting and throwing away his life so easily anymore. It was an excellent moment reminiscent of what Evangelion did with Shinji & the EVA in episode 26.

FMmatron said:
Nice Otto!

One thing I don't like is how they keep rubbing you in the face how much Subaru is suffering. Sure he get's fucked and Roswald the mad man is determined to push him even further, but we all know chracters who struggled or overcame obstacles where the odds were worse.

I really don't think there are that many that are as cornered as Subaru is right now, if at all.

Lacertoss said:
I understand it to be an unbelievable stressful situation, but it seems silly that at one moment he seems recovered and at the other he can't even find words to confront Roswall.

Where is his newfound resolve? I would understand if this happened after one or two loops, but right away? It seems forced.

I don't understand this. Re:ZERO is the kind of series that constantly challenges its characters worldviews and mindsets with new twists, like how it did with Subaru deciding to abuse RbD & the Second Trial. Subaru's resolve was about not throwing away his life needlessly, that doesn't mean he won't be completely shaken when Roswaal reveals he has him dancing in the palm of his hand.

nickelzzzz said:
Can someone explain what the deal with Roswaal is? Maybe I missed a detail or two and I need to rewatch some of the scenes where he talks with Subaru, but I don't understand his intentions at all. Maybe I'm not supposed to yet, or is he just evil for the sake of being evil?

In short, Roswaal is cultivating Subaru's hero complex & a dependent Emilia to use them both for his end goal, by cornering both of them. His specific end goal has only been hinted at, like his cryptic lines about the "Witch's eyes that charmed him 400 years ago" or how he's going to kill the Dragon in Season 1. Basically, he wants both of them alive, especially Subaru with his perfect ability to manipulate, so he can use them.

Applesaucey said:
I really don't understand why everyone seems to have loved this season. When over the course of 13 episodes pretty much nothing of note has happened. Season started with everyone trapped in the sanctuary. 13 episodes later here we are still trapped in the fucking sanctuary, the only difference being maybe Subaru is a little less of a whiny bitch? Which if the past 13 episodes are anything to judge by, will be forgotten again in another episode or two.

For fucks sake his respawn point pretty much hasn't even changed over the course of these 13 episodes, and he hasn't made any significant progress towards a resolution of gettting them out, or saving the people at the mansion.

Literally the only thing that has happened all season is maybe a little bit of "growth" on subaru's part, and confirmation that roswaal is actually the dickbag that most people could tell he was the moment his character was introduced.

The whole season coulda been condensed to like 2 episodes and we wouldn't have lost anything for it. If not for being horribly content starved due to corona this would have been dropped after like 2 episodes, and I think that is the only reason it is scoring as high as it has.

The show offers a complex thread of events, obstacles and characters while exploring the RbD mechanic to its limits and giving Subaru another 3 phases of character development and "they're still in Sanctuary" is what you get out of it? I guess you must've hated the first 13 episodes of AOT where they're still inside the walls and clueless about the Titans too, huh?
Sep 30, 2020 6:13 PM

Jul 2012
You weebs can fight over Emilia and Rem, but best girl is Patrasche hands down (lol)

Sep 30, 2020 6:31 PM

May 2019
The moment the most awkward character elevates himself 1.000% in my concept!

YAS! SMASH DA FACE OF SUBARU-CRYBABY as being a perfect metaphor of the Anime adaptation SMASHING the presumptions of Tappei and his entourage of Novel fans who want to Re:Zero become famous by it's PSYCHOLOGICAL DRAMA.

Just NO.

Subaru resets 24239472 times and still didn't find resolve.

Otto just need half of a day to find it out enough to sell.

The Tittles of Season 2 Part 1:

- Otto and Witches.

- Who is Emilia?

- Roswaal the evilest thing i can imagine.

Rob7Sep 30, 2020 6:37 PM
Sep 30, 2020 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
i didn't even realize this was the finale for this cour... well this season had some good moments coming out of left field a lot happened but at the same time not a lot lol.

i'm just sitting being like hmmmm....did i actually like this that much? i mean i did more than the 2nd cour of S1.

while i like Subaru this season really hammered it in how much of a weird limbo hes in of not having a set character which is fine but he goes though changing so much in one episode i just can't trust anytime going forward he gets back on his feet after this season hell with that Roswaal i reveal it turns out hes also trying to mold him into a "perfect" character himself

and that whole witch meeting was just a long winded way of showing people care about him brought to you by all the witches that care about him sorta ? was kinda dumbfounded because i thought he already realized this forever ago

out of place like other moments but Otto is good people with his scene but i thought that end was going reveal him to be more than just a merchant he had that kind of vibe but we got a punch my friend to snap out of his confusion moment so eh
Sep 30, 2020 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
What a crazy episode! I still think that Subaru did wrong in not accepting Echidna's deal...

The whole witches scene was probably the best witch reunion ever! Now Subaru looks like the "evil" one.

Soo all witches like Subaru and want to help him, yet he refuses. Btw, Satella wasn't "bad" at all, to be honest, i do feel like it's Emilia but probably she suffered a lot from Subaru's death, and that's why she wants to protect it. Why Subaru never tried to ask her who she is? Why is she doing that? Or even ask her to take the cover, like c'mon! Subaru is back at it again at being not the best MC.

Roswall is such a crazy dude! I can't imagine how high his objectives gotta be so that he doesn't care about anything or anyone, he's willing to kill his maids to make Subaru focus only on Emilia, lmao what a crazy dude! I do hope we will see his death in the next season.

So Garfiel is one of the witches? I feel like he will be the enemy for the next episodes.
Also, the last scene was pretty meh for an ending of a season, especially from ReZero.

Can't wait for the next season!!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 30, 2020 7:00 PM

Dec 2014
Otto becomes one of the best dudes in the show just by punching Subaru.

Good finale, looking forward to second cour already since I'm very curious how the plot is going to unfold.

We finally get to hear Satella speak more than just a word or two, Rie Takahashi make her sound so sweet and nice and it sounds like she genuinely cares for Subaru. I'm curious as to why she considers Subaru to have saved her. It seems like she gave Subaru his return from death just so he would learn to value his life, learn to love himself cause he has always had complete disregard for his life and basically hate his himself for who he is. I still wonder if her and Emilia are related somehow.

Echidna being awesome as usual, nice touch with Subaru no longer having the authority to undergo the trials because he rejected Echidna.

Roswaal the absolute madman. xD

Overall, this was way better than S1. Subaru was way more tolerable here than he was in the 2nd half of S1 for me. I'm not going to go too in depth since this is technically not over yet but I will say that this was a huge step up, tons of great character moments. To be honest, my only small gripe was that sometimes it feels like they go out of there way to mention Rem just so that we don't forget about her in the middle of everything going on. It's necessary of course but sometimes I feel like they reference her too many times.

9/10, looking forward to second cour.
Sep 30, 2020 7:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Insane last episodes, i can't say much! A lot of explanations. A lot of revelations, especially with the damn clown partisans, Roswaal; Satella, and the other witches intentions to Subaru; and more importantly, Subaru struggle to fight all of those crazy shit. All he needed actually just asked to the others to help him, and not solved the damn problems alone. Since he knew there, that he couldn't save everyone.

He must chose, but he couldn't. So, whats should he need to do? Maybe, he needed another hand to shut the fuck up Roswaal, so he couldn't communicate with mansion assassin, get rid of Roswaal plan at the mansion, and then, finished the damn trials. Or else? Well, damn, i need to wait patiently, then, to knew Subaru's plan to solved the convoluted situations.

At least, every information already been dumped in a perfect way. Now can i said Satella was a good witch? XD I can't believe i watch this when it was clearly not the end, yet. Ah, shit. Here i am, need to wait this brain fuckery series until its airing again in the next year. Hopefully i am still alive on that time!

Otto the savior/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 30, 2020 7:07 PM

Sep 2020
Fantastic, I can't wait for the sequel next year. it will be a masterpiece.

9/10
Sep 30, 2020 7:17 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
snapular said:
Weird season. A lot happened and not much happened. I wish they didn't split this season into two parts. Now we just get 13 episodes of buildup to have to wait another 3 months.

Yes, such a shame. Now i really need to restart my watch again when the season has come. XD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 30, 2020 7:31 PM

May 2019
I finished this half of Arc 4 with a satisfying feeling that i am reading what Tappei, the author, wants of this series.

I could anticipate that:

- Roswaal was behind everything and his "mediate" reason for doing it: As an intrument to force the psychological drama of the protagonist, which is the endgame of Tappei Nagatsuki.
The immediate reason we are going to discover yet, but the real deal behind the plot is clear.

- Satella is not just the boring evil villain and final boss of the show.

- The use of Return By Death and its consequences to Subaru AND to others around would come to the center of the plot (while it was secondary in the previous seasons)

I repeat, Tappei wanted Re:Zero to be the EVANGELION of Isekai, and it is NOT about "hype", popularity or classic status.

Evangelion in the meaning of a show centered in psychological drama, and everyone is mistaking it by the "distractions" provided by the fantasy, the time travel, the cute girls, and stuff.

But thankfully the anime adaption is turning it more light, because since Eva we, the audience, learned that Psycho Drama is BORING. And Tappei, also knowing it, made the complete plot, beyond the main psychologic aspect, thousand times better structured than the asspuled random huge plot hole what was Evangelion.

Rob7Sep 30, 2020 7:34 PM
Sep 30, 2020 7:41 PM

Jul 2016
Proto-type said:
y'know, i really like Subaru as main character, but he's so climsy. He needs to understand that if die will help, why don't use that as a weapon? he also know's that the witches are bad as fuck, so need's a plan to stop them.
After all Subaru being Subaru.

Stopping already dead and useless witches, nice.
Also none of the witches are bad per say.
Sep 30, 2020 7:45 PM
Feb 2019
It was an ok episode, this season has better episodes so as a final episode this one left me with a weak impression unfortunately. I still liked season 2 more than season 1 but season 1 managed to get more emotions out of me with the flashback of Wilhelm and Theresia van Astrea, that flashback actually made me cry, in season 2 I didn't cried once nor was emotionally invested but I still enjoyed it more than season 1 for sure.

There's a thing I don't like though, some people mentioned it already, I dislike the fact that Subaru seems fine in one episode and when things goes wrong he starts shouting , starts crying and is emotionally devastated (this is understandable), then they get his hopes up again, and when things goes wrong he reverts back and starts crying again, then they get his hopes up again and then he reverts back and starts crying... this happens again... and again... and again in this anime, it happened in the 1st season a couple of times and it happened in this 2nd season a couple of times as well (again), to be honest this shtick is getting tiresome, there's a limit on how much you can use this shtick and it's being overused here.

This was a decent season but what's up with the rating? this is overrated out of proportions. Again, can't trust the ratings in MAL.

My final rating:

Season 1 = 7/10
Season 2 = 7.5/10

Edit:

After carefully evaluating this 2nd season (part 1) I decided to lower the score from 8 to 7.5 because this season (or the current arc) is still unfinished, while it was a decent season it also felt like it dragged, also, while I liked Subaru more in this season it also felt like he didn't develop that much as a character, he's still the same drama queen in this 2nd season but to a lesser extent (he was way more cringier in the 1st season), I simply dislike that they are overusing that "drama queen" card from Subaru over and over again, also the last episode wasn't that bad, it was ok but it also felt pretty weak, that last tea party was just a big melodrama and the witches suddenly feeling bad for Subaru and comforting him (like a 7 year old kid) was kind of awkward, I couldn't emotionally invest in this scene at all, I couldn't emotionally invest in this anime in the slightest because they are overusing that cheap "drama queen" card over and over again, I just wish they stop doing that, it's getting repetitive.
Resus-2Oct 1, 2020 1:31 AM
Sep 30, 2020 7:49 PM

Oct 2017
Fade_ said:
First season was considerably better. This current score is overrated, there is barely anything psychological about this series, all that there is is drama and a lot of hysteric screaming.

These 13 episodes summarized give a picture of the director painting their hand with finger smileys which then proceed to have several long and painstaking conversations about the "wrist" whilst there is someone wailing in the background but is completely ignored by everyone. In the finale, its revealed that one of the smileys is a thumb. The end... What about the wrist you ask? Well, that was never the point.

Except this season is only at halfway mark due to pandemic.
Basically the serie is ending at the "suffering phase -> realization phase" of arc 3 (pretty much the part right before Rem's confession, to put it into comparison of arc 3 ) .

So basically all you see from this season so far is the "suffering phase" atm, so ofc the resolution is not going to be satisfactory. It's not even at resolution phase yet.
Sep 30, 2020 7:51 PM

Oct 2017
Resus-2 said:
It was an ok episode, this season has better episodes so as a final episode this one left me with a weak impression unfortunately. I still liked season 2 more than season 1 but season 1 managed to get more emotions out of me with the flashback of Wilhelm and Theresia van Astrea, that flashback actually made me cry, in season 2 I didn't cried once nor was emotionally invested but I still enjoyed it more than season 1 for sure.

There's a thing I don't like though, some people mentioned it already, I dislike the fact that Subaru seems fine in one episode and when things goes wrong he starts shouting , starts crying and is emotionally devastated (this is understandable), then they get his hopes up again, and when things goes wrong he reverts back and starts crying again, then they get his hopes up again and then he reverts back and starts crying... this happens again... and again... and again in this anime, it happened in the 1st season a couple of times and it happened in this 2nd season a couple of times as well (again), to be honest this shtick is getting tiresome, there's a limit on how much you can use this shtick and it's being overused here.

This was a decent season but what's up with the rating? this is overrated out of proportions. Again, can't trust the ratings in MAL.

My final rating:

Season 1 = 7/10
Season 2 = 8/10

Because it was not meant to be stopped at ep13.
The pandemic postponing the serie 3 months.
Wait for 3 more months and then judge the season 2.
Sep 30, 2020 7:53 PM

Oct 2017
Mich666 said:
Ok, 8/10 for the season due to its quality and dialogues... BUT, it would be 6/10 if not for the upcoming second cour as nothing was resolved in this part and we were running in circles all the time (not necessary bad thing but leaving quarter year pause here is really bad).

Well I think making contract with Betti will change everything.
She's as op as Rosewell if she tries.
Sep 30, 2020 7:54 PM

Jul 2010
Rob7 said:
That's it, Anime-Onlies, we've reach the end of this half.

But i have a strong advice.

DO NOT

spoil it to yourself
by reading the novels

Checking threads about novel ranking, 9 in 10 readers put the arc 4 as being the BEST arc so far.

We are watching what for most is the best moment of the series (not saying that the rest is bad), and the climax is right there starting in Jan/2021.

So don't spoil it.

But I really want to!! :< This is so interesting I want to at least buy volumes 13-14
Sep 30, 2020 8:36 PM

May 2016
xSweetSlayerx said:
I am so baffled by the first half of this episode.

Like, why are we spending 15 minutes trying to remind Subaru that people care about him? We even had "Rem" reiterating everything she said back in the previous season. Otto's even joined the fanclub, and what do you mean you didn't know your noble dragon steed likes you? Wtf? This felt like character backtracking, not development.

Also, it just strikes me as off that Satella is suddenly sane and having a normal conversation with Subaru. She seemed mad bonkers in her debut episode.

Anyways, called it that the clown man was the one hiring the assassins. Never ever trust clowns.
The first half is the best part. Re:Zero is very complex. They are reminding him to love himself. Did you not watch the episode? Subaru has been selfishly killing himself over and over again. He understands that people care about him but he doesn’t UNDERSTAND that you can love and be loved in return without sacrificing yourself.

It’s more or less a meta commentary on suicidal individuals.

It’s not character BACKTRACKING. Wtf lol. They gave him more complexity and more bone to chew on as well as recontextualized Return By Death just like how ep 4 recontextualized his personality.
TeamDalaiLanaSep 30, 2020 8:41 PM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 30, 2020 8:42 PM

May 2019
TheMangaManiac said:

But I really want to!! :< This is so interesting I want to at least buy volumes 13-14

People say "the best experience is the Novel"

Really? I'm doing the opposite, starting by the anime, and then reading. I'm not any hyped. The excess of descriptions is tiring. Sometimes i jump from "talking" to "talking" to feel a reasonable pace speed.

Sure the books helps to understand everything better, but in benefit of the anime experience, and not the opposite.

I'm afraid that if i had read it first, and i was a fan of the novel, i would destroy the anime experience to the point of become a salty grumpy viewer complaining of everything

"meh, they cutted another scene extremely described in the novel of Subaru having his penis bitten by a rabbit, worst adaptation ever!"

Just as like i destroyed FMA Brotherhood, the best rated anime in MAL that i simply can't watch because the manga which i completed release by release, chapter by chapter, for years until it ends, is still too fresh in my mind.

You are "MangaManiac", you may understand.
Rob7Sep 30, 2020 8:48 PM
Sep 30, 2020 8:46 PM

May 2016
Proto-type said:
y'know, i really like Subaru as main character, but he's so climsy. He needs to understand that if die will help, why don't use that as a weapon? he also know's that the witches are bad as fuck, so need's a plan to stop them.
After all Subaru being Subaru.
I don’t get how you watch this episode and still think he needs to use death as a weapon???
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 30, 2020 9:08 PM
Jun 2015
NoktoH said:
Well this season was a disappointment. The first season wasn't great or anything but it had some cool moments and was entertaining occasionally. Basically this entire season was just characters having boring conversations explaining the plot. 5/10.
Lmaooooo. Wait till Irregular High school of magic.
Sep 30, 2020 9:18 PM

Feb 2015
This felt like the end of the first cour as expected. In this anime, every conversation is so poetic, that it makes me lose the focus, hahahaha, it’s especial with the anime. I liked how every witch made what they thought it was the best decision, still, I don’t understand Satella, lot of mysteries to solve.
Sep 30, 2020 9:24 PM

Feb 2015
This episode felt kind of weird, but blame covid, for making this the "final" episode of the season.

Season 2 started really slow but with episode 4, the action and thriller that i remember Re:Zero for. started to show up and my enjoyment skyrocketed.

The very boring Emilia from S1 seems much more interesting now, with her breaking down without Barusu around and Satella showing up to gobble up everyone.

Echidna is a good addition to the cast.

Roswaal looking like a Joker/Orochimaru type villain wasn't a fake out, apparently.

Now that i think about villains, it's kind of funny how this season didn't have a villain but at the same time had a lot of them, but just at some points, Garf, Ryuzuu, Roswaal, Echidna, Satella, Elsa, Regulus and even Beako or so it seemed, out of these characters, the only truly bad ones are really just Elsa(hired gun), Regulus(Witch Cult) and Roswaal(even though he is on Subaru/Emilia's side.

As a whole, this season can't really reach the quality of the 1st season with just 13 episodes and the really slow start, but it was still enjoyable.

7.5/10

Ram is still best girl.
SteelingMaxSep 30, 2020 9:27 PM

Sep 30, 2020 9:34 PM
Nov 2018
so, what exactly is roswaal's goal here? to make subaru stronger in order to protect emilia? someone explain why roswaal is so insane.

otto. yes
Sep 30, 2020 9:58 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
This season 2 part 1 is disappointing. I watched S1 twice, the second was a director cut. I prefer S1 over S2p1.

In contrast to Rezero S1, Rezero S2 so far barely had much going on other than heavily focus on the negative stuffs about Subaru. Stuck in a loophole that drag on way too many episodes.

Additionally, S2p1 didn't have any rem/emilia moment scene which is the gem of this series. Yes the waifu stuff does matter. The rating/review are high as heck, way higher than S1. Something is awfully wrong here...S1(8.30) is lower than S2p1(8.71)
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 19, 2020

298 by Cormac07 »»
Jun 29, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.