Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2020 9:10 AM

Nov 2016
This was nicely adapted. Audiovisually remarkable, it pushed the right buttons for me. Contentwise fairly standard, but with a lot of potential and knowing what's in store I enjoyed this episode a great deal.

Sequels aside, the anime I'm looking forward to the most this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2020 9:28 AM

Aug 2017
awesome 1st episode, hope this keeps up. havent read the manga nor have any idea of the plot, this will be exciting!

Sep 20, 2020 9:34 AM
Dec 2019
i mean, it is kind of unique in a way, i think it would be one of best animes airing in fall.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 20, 2020 9:45 AM

Feb 2016
It was way better than I expected, the animation seems a bit clunky, but that might be because it's an early leak. Hopefully the animation ends up being better when it airs.

This looks already better than God of Highschool, specially with the tonal shifts, it seems like it knows when it has to be serious and when it has to be funny, even tho the comedy was a hit or miss for me.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 20, 2020 9:46 AM
Jul 2014
Serious deja vu from episode 1, i get series use a lot or reoccurring themes and plot elements but the bound protag opening, then the box in the courtyard, then the playing field, and using the occult club as a cover, idk where i saw these things in a episode of what anime but i think i have, i checked their pvs but it didnt look like anything i remember
Sep 20, 2020 10:18 AM
Mar 2018
AdolZeppeli said:
It was way better than I expected, the animation seems a bit clunky, but that might be because it's an early leak. Hopefully the animation ends up being better when it airs.

This looks already better than God of Highschool, specially with the tonal shifts, it seems like it knows when it has to be serious and when it has to be funny, even tho the comedy was a hit or miss for me.

Guess someone likes to compare the animation from a TV anime to movie quality otherwise I don't see how can you even say that. The animation was amazing especially for a TV anime better than like 95% of seasonal stuff, you have to top tier animators working on this.
Sep 20, 2020 10:51 AM

Feb 2016
ElGoblino said:
AdolZeppeli said:

Guess someone likes to compare the animation from a TV anime to movie quality otherwise I don't see how can you even say that. The animation was amazing especially for a TV anime better than like 95% of seasonal stuff, you have to top tier animators working on this.

We probably didn't watch the same episode in the same network, cuz where I watched it the quality was really off, it looked unpolished. But hey, I didn't say the animation was bad, just clunky, different terms.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 20, 2020 10:54 AM

Sep 2020
This was honestly very good. The main character was really good, I mean when he gets possessed how calmly he says " Bro, It's my Body " that totally sold me, he doesn't looks like to be whiny type protagonist either. The other guy Fushiguro' dogs or wolves whatever they were looked quite good. The subs were a bit off, will watch again once it releases on Crunchyroll
Sep 20, 2020 11:10 AM

Feb 2017
Does anyone know Sasaki's Seiyuu?
The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.
Sep 20, 2020 11:33 AM

Jan 2020
The soundtracks were amazing

Sep 20, 2020 12:34 PM

May 2020
Not the biggest fan of battle shonen, but I found this episode decent. The MC is the usual shonen one, animation looks decent for a battle shonen, but I think the problem is in the video file. Offical version should look better.

It's too early to judge already, after only 1 episode.
Sep 20, 2020 1:28 PM

Aug 2018
Ooh boy, this anime hit me with a big load of nostalgia....it really reminds me of shaman king naruto and tokyo ghoul and those old scare animes with monsters AND Tokyo Ravens, yes that one that I almost forgot about it.
Sep 20, 2020 1:50 PM
Nov 2016
What a good impression for the first episode, i can sense so much Bleach vibes anyway, but since it's produced by great staffs of MAPPA that's not bother me to keep expecting another episode every week
Sep 20, 2020 4:10 PM

Jul 2017
From the production team that brought you God of High School over at MAPPA, this was a decent effort for the big wings of Weekly Shonen Jump. The elements overall likewise is taken straight from God of High School, so that's how you know straightaway.

Yuji Itadori, NGL he's deemed a superhuman even before all the strange things could happen. But as is of now, he's not the MC, just not the central character at least of yet. Otherwise, the usual Shonen tropes and clichés are existent throughout.

It's...OK, gonna check out the manga first instead while waiting for the TV broadcast.

EDIT:
Re-watching this a 2nd time, and I can say that this is another great premiere episode, I've clearly underestimated the new King of WSJ, and can see this to be a fun series full of dark fantasy. This journey's just getting started.
KANLen09Oct 16, 2020 3:30 AM
Sep 20, 2020 5:44 PM

Jan 2020
I have a feeling that this will become one of my favourite anime. Great episode.
Sep 20, 2020 9:13 PM

May 2012
Slow build
Shounen action

I thought it was kind of boring but at the same time the mix of this horror genre and action shounen does come off nigh perfectly.
Sep 20, 2020 10:28 PM

Mar 2020
fairly good episode. i can't wait for more.

โโ˜† ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ โ˜†

๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ...โž

Sep 20, 2020 10:49 PM
Mar 2019
Won't call it the next big Shounen show right now because the biggest ones have a really good First episode. But it was decent enough.
Still a bit iffy on the Art Style specially the backgrounds, which were a little bland in the second part of the episode.
The Animation was decent but didn't really get a lot of time to shine because most of the action were a lot of close ups, it can work well for a little while but I hope it doesn't become a God of High School situation where every fight is a close up with jump cuts which makes it harder to understand what is even happening in the scene.
Pleasantly surprised by the comedy in the beginning but the writing for the emotional scenes felt a little too rushed.
Overall I would say it was a decent 7/10 episode for me with a great first part and a mediocre second part. So, not blown away as I was expecting it to be the next big Shounen anime which, after seeing the first episode, it doesn't seem like it. But hey maybe it does a 'Noragami' and becomes more engaging with the second and third episode. Fingers Crossed.
Sep 21, 2020 12:26 AM
Feb 2020
I genuinely have nothing to say but this is epic! Better than i expected
Sep 21, 2020 12:43 AM
Jun 2020
Zexus95 said:
LITTLE-ONE said:

not good animation? are we even watching the same show?

You misunderstood there, the person said that even good animation won't save the anime for him (it seems he hates the writing and characters)

More like the person just hates jump adaptations just cuz they are jump adaptations
Sep 21, 2020 12:58 AM
Jun 2020
I don't know why people are saying it is not that good and all.
The adaptation was really good, the animation was good and the character design was pretty accurate
Every pannel from the first chapter was animated
And people who havent read the manga, let the plot kick in.
It was just the first episode
Sep 21, 2020 1:42 AM

Jul 2020
Hmmmm... First impression of this series, huh

Tbh I have felt almost the same first impression from Ao no Exorcist in this one as well.

Having tremendous power from the start(Satan's son and special class curse)

Learned to help others with their power(Rin's adoptive father and Yuji's grandfather)

Something about schools that teach students how to fight against curses

Bascially if I were to continue with this series, this better have something a little bit different from the other shounen genres or at least a better story than Ao no Exorcist.

But excluding that similar impression I got from Ao no Exorcist, the animation itself was pretty good(just as expected from MAPPA) and character's personality was pretty likable. I'll see how this goes on for next few episodes and decide whether to drop this or not.
Even if I'm alone, I'll go, even if I want to die.
I can hear your voice, saying I shouldn't die.
Even if it's difficult, even if I cry from loneliness
I can feel warmth from deep inside my heart.

Going round-and-round and flowing, time is ever-changing.
I can't remember what happened anymore, but
If I try and close my eyes, I can hear someone's laughing voice
For some reason, now, that is My Most Precious Treasure.

from Ichiban no Takaramono, by LiSA
Sep 21, 2020 1:44 AM

May 2020
wait im confused is not supposed to be out next month?
Sep 21, 2020 2:00 AM

Sep 2020
Natsude_tanaka said:
wait im confused is not supposed to be out next month?
Yeah, it is but probably TOHO aired first episode on YouTube as some sort of early screening or in the same likes, the subs currently available are by fans. When it starts airing in October, it'll start from first episode
Sep 21, 2020 4:54 AM
Jun 2017
hmmm.. interesting first episode... im going to watch this one
Sep 21, 2020 5:54 AM
Jul 2016
KANLen09 said:
From the production team that brought you God of High School over at MAPPA, this was a decent effort for the big wings of Weekly Shonen Jump. The elements overall likewise is taken straight from God of High School, so that's how you know straightaway.

Yuji Itadori, NGL he's deemed a superhuman even before all the strange things could happen. But as is of now, he's not the MC, just not the central character at least of yet. Otherwise, the usual Shonen tropes and clichés are existent throughout.

It's...OK, gonna check out the manga first instead while waiting for the TV broadcast.

the first episode's staff aren't from GoHS's staff actually and park didn't work on it but perhaps they'll appear in the second half of the first arc since park could be was working on GoHS in the time this episode was in production.
Sep 21, 2020 6:45 AM
Jul 2020
for those who think it's going to be a generic shounen, you're wrong, kaisen jujutsu is a hxh style shounen
Sep 21, 2020 8:24 AM

Mar 2019
JvYuus said:
for those who think it's going to be a generic shounen, you're wrong, kaisen jujutsu is a hxh style shounen

This is facts, I got hella HxH vibes when I was reading the manga.
Sep 21, 2020 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
Episode had an unique aesthetic. Welp now I wish chainsawman also gets animated by mappa
Sep 21, 2020 9:36 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
ZedelPilfer said:
JvYuus said:

What kind of hxh vibes do you preferred there? Mind giving me a slightly spoiler (in tag)? XD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 21, 2020 9:48 AM
Jul 2020
badabass said:
ZedelPilfer said:

What kind of hxh vibes do you preferred there? Mind giving me a slightly spoiler (in tag)? XD

It has a strategy, the powers are creative and complex, the protagonist has no genuíno dream, captivating and developed characters, the fights are very good and there is strategy in them, there is tension, villains you hate and love, philosophy, a story mt good that gets better and has no protagonism
Sep 21, 2020 9:50 AM

Mar 2019
badabass said:
ZedelPilfer said:

Sep 21, 2020 9:51 AM

Mar 2019
JvYuus said:
badabass said:

It has a strategy, the powers are creative and complex, the protagonist has no genuíno dream, captivating and developed characters, the fights are very good and there is strategy in them, there is tension, villains you hate and love, philosophy, a story mt good that gets better and has no protagonism

This is a much better and shorter explanation on hxh vibes than I was able to give
Sep 21, 2020 9:57 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
JvYuus said:

ZedelPilfer said:

Lmao. Now i am really curious about this show since i just getting intrigueing when you mention hxh.

Thank you very much with all of your details.

Really apreciated it, especially with the explanations of a similarity of Gon and Itadori. I hope its giving me the same feeling.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 21, 2020 10:14 AM
Jul 2020
This anime is looking like its gonna be lit ngl im hyped
I only hope it wont letme down :)
Sep 21, 2020 10:55 AM

Sep 2020
I didn't even watches the PV before watching thisb. The animation was really good, and both the characters the protagonist and the other guy seemed interesting to me. The curses looked really good, a good start to a new series 8/10 for the first episode
Sep 21, 2020 12:20 PM

Jul 2012
Looking good and promising.
Sep 21, 2020 1:41 PM
Jul 2020
badabass said:
JvYuus said:

ZedelPilfer said:

Lmao. Now i am really curious about this show since i just getting intrigueing when you mention hxh.

Thank you very much with all of your details.

Really apreciated it, especially with the explanations of a similarity of Gon and Itadori. I hope its giving me the same feeling.

in one of the last chapters of the manga I cried, and there was a scene of the protagonist that was very reminiscent of the angry Gon
Sep 21, 2020 3:19 PM

Aug 2019
Not bad, I think. The choice of voice actors is pretty good, although the sound was a bit weird at times. The animation is quite good. Can't believe Aklo is featured in the ending song, can't wait to hear the whole thing.

Does anybody know how many chapters will be covered in this season (I'm just gonna assume this is gonna be season 1)?
็งใ ใ‘ใŒ่‡ชๅˆ†ใฎๅคขใ‚’่ฆ‹ใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใฎใ 
Sep 21, 2020 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
YorukaWaifu said:
Another Jump adaptation, another overrated sausage fest with idiotic characters.

Not even good animation is going to make me watch this, drop.

it was one episode??? if ur watching with that mindset, whats the point?? lol
Sep 21, 2020 5:33 PM

Dec 2019
I liked this first episode, the second half caught my interest and it seems like it's going to be a fun anime to watch. The animation is pretty good as well.
Sep 21, 2020 8:31 PM
Aug 2020
thebrentinator24 said:
This is one of the Fall anime that I'm the most excited about and I liked this first episode. Everything seems pretty decent so far and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more. My biggest problem though, and I think someone else already pointed this out, was how Yuji was able to fight pretty much like a superhuman even before eating the relic lol. Idk I just thought it was odd for a seemingly ordinary high schooler to be able to do all those acrobatics and fend off these monsters. Whatever though, I can overlook that, can't wait for the next episode.

Completely agree. Not like Kaneki who became strong. Nor like Hajime from Arifureta... or even like Shinichi from Parasyte. This one was strong from beginning... didn't really even need to eat finger (I know, I know... the plot and everything)
Sep 21, 2020 11:13 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
As many people have already previously pointed out, this first episode had major Bleach vibes. I don't mind that much since I love Bleach, but I hope this series takes the premise in a different direction than Bleach so I don't end up watching an exact rip-off.

The animation had its moments and the music was okay. Nothing spectacular so far.
Sep 22, 2020 2:04 AM

Jun 2019
Really good first episode. Nice to see Mappa on this project with their amazing animation. Some designs of characters were little weird. But it's fine. Great first episode.
Sep 22, 2020 5:32 AM
Apr 2020
Fighting curses using curses. Looks cool! Will definitely watch this next season!

Sep 22, 2020 6:02 AM

Sep 2020
Ah, yes, MAPPA's at it again, with all their eye candy and whatnot. Too early to judge the show from just one episode though, like others have mentioned. I just hope it doesn't adopt God of Highschool's horrible pacing, or else the story will be all over the place.

Also, are we not gonna talk about how the MC casually asks if that finger tastes good? Like...really?
Sep 22, 2020 8:25 AM
Jul 2016
Very classic battle shounen opening, not amazing or terrible but something id keep up with and hopefully it doesn't go left.
Sep 22, 2020 2:32 PM
Jul 2019
That was was just too fast.............................
Sep 22, 2020 4:55 PM
Mar 2019
todd2580 said:
KANLen09 said:

the first episode's staff aren't from GoHS's staff actually and park didn't work on it but perhaps they'll appear in the second half of the first arc since park could be was working on GoHS in the time this episode was in production.
Park did work on it, he even did a cut in this episode. Plus, during the GoH panel on the Crunchyroll Virtual Expo, he mentioned that he worked on both at the same time
Sep 22, 2020 8:19 PM

Jul 2016
Generic episode, like nothing is original. The execution is like GOHS felt rushed and comedy scenes are forced. The characters seems bland, but its pilot so maybe will change. The animation is nice too, I hope the studio consistent with it because its a action shounen anime. Overall pretty bad episode from a anime only viewer imo. Sidenote the end scene seems interesting.

Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

334 by PracticalPlayer »»
Yesterday, 1:33 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

206 by PracticalPlayer »»
Jun 4, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

278 by soradeeeznuts »»
Jun 4, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

649 by escarabajo »»
Jun 3, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

353 by escarabajo »»
Jun 2, 6:58 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.