Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2020 9:08 AM

Nov 2019
MHA finally produced another good villain after Stain. I certainly didn't expect that backstory.
Overall good episode.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Mar 14, 2020 9:20 AM

May 2019
Why did I feel like Midoriya was the villain when he said that he would turn Gentle and La Brava in to the police?

Damn, I loved that duo so much, much more than the stupid and edgy villains league.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Mar 14, 2020 9:26 AM

Apr 2015
Pretty dope episode, better than I had expected! The backstories of both La Brava and Gentle were quite sad! He was fighting for both their futures!

Finally time for the festival to start, can't wait to see that perfomance!
Mar 14, 2020 9:31 AM

Mar 2017
Owww, this episode hurt ma damn heart! Both Gentle and La Brava had such tough times as social outcasts but they became a family to each other. I feel like this was yet another thing learned by Midoriya on his journey; villains aren't always bad people but they still have to be stopped.

I thought it was such a deep line when Midoriya said Gentle was the hardest villain he's ever fought. He may not have been physically difficult to fight but emotionally it must have been tough for Midoriya because Gentle is what he could've become if he hadn't been so lucky and I'm sure he knows they aren't bad people but he hadn't to stop them anyway.
Mar 14, 2020 9:32 AM

Apr 2018
I enjoyed this episode a lot. Definitely best villains so far.

Now we can finally get to see the festival.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Mar 14, 2020 9:33 AM

Nov 2014
Tbh I wasn't interested in this arc at all - some school festival and random nobody new antagonist. But I have to admit that episode was really good. Gentle turned out to be way more interestign character than any villans.

Now back to the pointless festival...
Mar 14, 2020 9:36 AM
Apr 2016
Certainly it was a hard, good fight! A pretty nice backstory that made me almost want to root for Gentle.
Mar 14, 2020 9:41 AM
Jan 2017
jd2001z said:
And wait... he's in his 20s/30s??? I seriously thought he was an old man cause of his hair lol

20s/30s is an old man in anime lol. I’m over 30, so I’m basically ancient; already dead. But seriously — I think he’s just prematurely gray. It’s uncommon but it happens.

It was a great episode. I loved the dynamic between Gentle Criminal and La Brava ... really makes you want to root for the bad guy. I love villains who are sympathetic.
Mar 14, 2020 10:09 AM

Feb 2018
kater_tot said:

I thought it was such a deep line when Midoriya said Gentle was the hardest villain he's ever fought. He may not have been physically difficult to fight but emotionally it must have been tough for Midoriya because Gentle is what he could've become if he hadn't been so lucky and I'm sure he knows they aren't bad people but he hadn't to stop them anyway.

Yep. Agreed. Gentle was not the strongest foe he's fought, but it has to be tough to take down someone you empathize so much with.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Mar 14, 2020 10:18 AM

Oct 2008
Gentle is definitely one of the better written villains. Leagues above the psychotic ones like Shigaraki and his gang.
Mar 14, 2020 10:37 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I really enjoyed this episode and the fight between Deku and Gentle became very emotional. I almost cried because I felt sorry for Gentle because he made a careless mistake that cost him his future. He had strong aspirations of becoming a hero, but it just wasn't working out for him. I really wanted Gentle and La Brava to win so that they can be known as internet celebrities. In the end Deku had to stop them, but he did empathize Gentle's of realizing his dreams.

Gentle may not be the most strongest villain, but he is the most well written villain that I see so far in My Hero Academia that is mostly over with the fans.
Mar 14, 2020 10:41 AM

Jun 2019
It was a little bit boring, maybe whole series didn't prepared us for that type of emotional fights
Mar 14, 2020 10:42 AM
Dec 2017
Lemme give you a piece of information : when this arc was being released in the manga, season 3 was airing.
Acutally, season 3 was airing and ODD FUTURE was the opening. With, you know, the "I keep my ideals" thing.
And it made so much sense with the Gentle arc, even though the opening's not really supposed to match with the manga.

Anyway, about this episode, I'm a little happier with this season. The fight looked better than I thought it would (still not as amazing as in the manga, but it can't be helped).

Now, some previsions about next episodes, since the end is near :
According to the pace Bones is using now, the festival should end at the end of next episode, which leaves 3 episodes to end the season.
Now, I think they'll end it with the end of chapter 191. That would be an almost perfect end, and the pace would be good.

Honestly I just hope they don't make fillers.
Mar 14, 2020 11:29 AM
Dec 2018
Zurapo said:
Lemme give you a piece of information : when this arc was being released in the manga, season 3 was airing.
Acutally, season 3 was airing and ODD FUTURE was the opening. With, you know, the "I keep my ideals" thing.
And it made so much sense with the Gentle arc, even though the opening's not really supposed to match with the manga.

Anyway, about this episode, I'm a little happier with this season. The fight looked better than I thought it would (still not as amazing as in the manga, but it can't be helped).

According to the pace Bones is using now, the festival should end at the end of next episode, which leaves 3 episodes to end the season.
Now, I think they'll end it with the end of chapter 191. That would be an almost perfect end, and the pace would be good.

its already confirmed that they will adapt until (at least) Chapter 190, since the episode titles got leaked. Last episode has the title of Chapter 190
Mar 14, 2020 11:32 AM
Feb 2017
Gentle's backstory was actually sad tbh, once again showing how society is pretty screwed in hero worlds.
Mar 14, 2020 11:34 AM

Oct 2017
Love is literally the most half-assed quirk I've ever seen, and of course they pull another typical "ohoohohoooh my feelings are so strong that I am now stronger than you and im more powerful wooaahahh"
Mar 14, 2020 11:35 AM

Apr 2011
One of the few episodes where I cared for the villain. La Brava's and Gentle's backstories are very sad.

Mar 14, 2020 11:39 AM
Dec 2017
botomonogatari said:
Kerozinn said:
Did Midoriya say Gentle was harder to fight than anyone EVER UNTIL NOW or am i hallucinating?

Not in a physical way, but in a moral sense. Deku could connect with Gentle, which made this fight emotionally tough for him.

Very well put. While I wasn't sure how much I liked this arc earlier, after this episode it's turning out to be one of my favorites.
Mar 14, 2020 11:59 AM

Oct 2019
This episode was extremely good, easily the best episode of the arc. I especially loved the flashbacks of Gentle and La Brava´s past and I ended up feeling really sorry for the way Gentle´s life turned out. He had such good morals and dreams in high school :(

The only thing I would have liked to be different would be for the stakes of the fight to be just a little higher. In every other major fight with villains that Deku has been in, the possibility of somebody actually dying (or some other major consequence) was always present and worked as a way to make the audience feel the importance of the fight. I mean, yeah, it would have sucked if Gentle and La Brava would have gotten into the school and ruined the school festival for everyone, but they aren't really trying to hurt anyone, right?
HybenWintherMar 14, 2020 12:04 PM
Mar 14, 2020 12:06 PM

May 2018
So Gentle and La Brava lost :( oh well, they were a great duo
Mar 14, 2020 12:24 PM

Nov 2014
Vacu0us said:
been a while since i wanted a 'villain' to win
same
i've never hated izuku so goddamn much
to hell with his heroic tendencies
i do like their depiction of dreams
Gentle is right. To achieve your dream, it's inevitable to trample on others' dreams
Izuku is too young and inexperienced to understand that.
CondemneDio said:
What a disappointment.
The fight was a joke.

it wasn't supposed to be that kind of fight
Mar 14, 2020 12:31 PM

Dec 2016
I was feeling sad after La Brava came to Deku and punches him to let go of Gentle Crimilal :( Her love is very strong. And they both had though times in the past...

Nice episode! Now waiting to see the festival performance for next week :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 14, 2020 12:42 PM

Jul 2019
nah i cant hate gentle and la brava theyre too nice
DaBoi
Mar 14, 2020 12:49 PM

Jul 2013
I mean... I'm not rlly into this arc... especially after how good the last villain arc was
but Gentle had a pretty fucked up back story that hit me pretty hard.
The relationship of Gentle and La Brava reminds me of the movie Leon The Professional
Mar 14, 2020 2:29 PM

Aug 2018
You know this season was Shit When the first villain Was Shit and the last villain was Good Overall this Whole season is Shit
Great Episode
4/10
SaiDxvLightMar 18, 2020 12:30 AM
Mar 14, 2020 3:01 PM
Dec 2017
DruMzTV said:
Zurapo said:

its already confirmed that they will adapt until (at least) Chapter 190, since the episode titles got leaked. Last episode has the title of Chapter 190

Oh, I didn't know, sorry then x)
Well if last episode starts with chapter 190 there's a good chance it ends with chapter 191 since their usual pace is two chapters per episode.
But we'll see. Thanks for telling me, I'll go and check if the planning is gonna match with my forecast.
Mar 14, 2020 3:41 PM

Jul 2019
When you are trying to explain what happened last night.
Mar 14, 2020 3:51 PM
Dec 2018
Kerozinn said:
Did Midoriya say Gentle was harder to fight than anyone EVER UNTIL NOW or am i hallucinating?

Yeah, dude. I believe he didn't said that in a "fist to fist" kind of way, it was the hardest enemy because he really didn't wanted to fight him, he saw Gentle was a good guy. The opposite of Muscular in the 3rd season, that was the hardest in a physical sense, not in a moral one.
Mar 14, 2020 3:59 PM

Nov 2017
Excellent episode!

The past of Gentle and Love Lovers shows that they are the "nicest" antagonists. All filled with emotion.
Mar 14, 2020 4:06 PM

Oct 2017
Was it too silly to think that eventually Deku would let them at the festival if they make sure to not ruin it, huh?!
Mar 14, 2020 4:14 PM

Feb 2013
It's sad, he wanted to be a hero too.
Mar 14, 2020 4:25 PM

Aug 2014
The only interesting characters that appeared in this arc and now they are gone.
What a horrible arc to end the season.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 14, 2020 5:19 PM

Jun 2016
Damn seriously did not enjoy this ep, really don't like these antagonists at all, just hope the end of the arc turns it around

Mar 14, 2020 5:25 PM

Aug 2018
Very good episode overall. Nobody dropped the ball, animation is good and consistent, story, VA... MHA is killing it! (unlike nanatsu no taizai or OPM (i'm salty about those))
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Mar 14, 2020 5:27 PM

Feb 2010
ttcchen said:

Gentle is right. To achieve your dream, it's inevitable to trample on others' dreams

Sure but he want to be "man great enough to be in textbooks". So he want two things:
- being hero
- being famous
His arc is mostly about being famous. This episode reminds him that he want to be a hero as well. So... less trampling other people's dreams.
Mar 14, 2020 5:52 PM
Mar 2020
Finally a good episode in this arc, respect for Gentle
Mar 14, 2020 5:52 PM
Mar 2018
DruMzTV said:
Zurapo said:

I don't thinks that's possible since this was chapter 180 and we only have 3 episodes left, next we have the school festival so im pretty sure this season will end with the hero billboard
Mar 14, 2020 6:15 PM
Aug 2019
FINALLY this season brought in something amazing other than filler. Gentle Criminal and Midoriya are two sides of the same coin, making this clash something to emotionally invest in.
Mar 14, 2020 6:28 PM

Jul 2013
So this is it for Gentle and La Brava? Welp, there goes my favorite thing about this arc. Back to the boring festival, I guess.
Mar 14, 2020 6:36 PM

Mar 2012
botomonogatari said:
Kerozinn said:

Not in a physical way, but in a moral sense. Deku could connect with Gentle, which made this fight emotionally tough for him.

That was my interpretation of his comment as well. It was tough for Deku to fight him because in almost every way, they have a similar ideology, but branched down different paths.

Gentle is probably the first villain in this series I felt sorry for. Society ended up leaving him behind because of misunderstandings and that ultimately sent him down the path of villainy, but due to his ideology, he couldn’t truly embrace pure evil either.

I can see why this was a challenge for Deku because he truly understands Gentle’s plight.
Mar 14, 2020 6:50 PM
Feb 2020
Man what an episode, what a story. Gentle painting their own eyes to make La Brava feel better, what a scene !. A failed dream, a fresh start in crime, undoubtedly one of the best villains in BNH.
Mar 14, 2020 7:00 PM
Mar 2016
Farmaceut said:
YES! My favorite MHA Villain one you can really root for!
Such a simple yet great backstory thats essentially dark version of Deku if he didnt get OfA...
100% agree! I feel so sad right now
Mar 14, 2020 8:29 PM
Dec 2018
A-Mux said:
DruMzTV said:

I don't thinks that's possible since this was chapter 180 and we only have 3 episodes left, next we have the school festival so im pretty sure this season will end with the hero billboard

like is said dude, its been confirmed, there is no "what if"
Mar 14, 2020 8:36 PM
Dec 2015
I felt like Deku is the real villain in these two episodes. Man, I wish Gentle Criminal and La Brava have succeeded their goal, since they would not interrupt the cultural festival. Well, their presence will alarm UA, but at least Gentle Criminal will achieve his dream!!! I was all the time wondering what is Deku doing with his time.
Mar 14, 2020 8:43 PM

Jul 2016
Gentle actually coloured around his eyes to match La Brava's eye bags... dude, I can't. That was just too sweet!

Pretty good episode. Probably the first time I wanted a "villain" to succeed but it's such a shame it seems we won't see them again in the short time.

On a side note, I'm glad to see the flashbacks were finally handled properly.

Oh and I also found La Brava's quirk to be rather fascinating and kinda poetic if I'm honest.
Mar 14, 2020 9:34 PM
Feb 2015
Gentle took in La Brava because he knew she was going to kill herself. Gentle paited his eyes so La Brava didnt feel left out. Gentle sacrificing his life for her at the end. I think Gentle may be my favorite villain in this whole series. I hope to see more of him!
ZacheyMIXMar 14, 2020 9:39 PM
Mar 14, 2020 10:07 PM

Mar 2018
I've always liked that arc, but the first time I read it I just thought it was cool, nothing filleresque about it like some big-brain dudes like to call it, but far from being the best My Hero had to offer. After that I reread it a couple of times with the volume release, and I actually found myself liking it more each time, and being really touched by Gentle and Labrava's relationship.

I didn't have crazy high expectations for this week's ep considering the quality of the adaptation for this season, so I was moderatly hyped.

And I ended in tears, simple as that. I don't think it's the best directed episode of the show, nor the best animated, I even think they were a bit lazy in rehashing the AM VS AFO theme for the nth time, but the voice acting, music placement and writing just completly took me by surprise.

Labrava saved from her mental breakdown by Gentle's videos, Gentle finding happiness in becoming someone's hero after failing in his youth. The absolute purity of their relationship hit me like a truck and I just couldn't hold it when I saw them this desperate after losing to Deku.

I can safely say now that I ADORE this arc, this fight and these clowns. They're a testimony to how effective as a writer Horikoshi can be in expliciting this relationship so well in so little time.

I also want to shout it out to Kouki Fujimoto who practically carried the whole episode himself.

Now let's see if they can actually nail my favourite part of the arc.
Florent3571Mar 15, 2020 9:28 PM
Mar 14, 2020 10:33 PM

Jan 2013
What a fight! I still don't get half of Gentle's motivation.
Glad that Gentle got caught in the end.

Midoriya fought really well, this new ranged skill saved him xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 14, 2020 10:34 PM
Oct 2007
As much as cliche this is, I really appreciate this arc! Like somebody mentioned, this is essentially Deku if things didn't turn out well for him. In real life, how many of us actually gets to be Deku even after giving your all? But of course, this is just 2 extreme ends and there's always the middle portion that most of us falls into :P

The execution were amazing!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2020 11:39 PM

Aug 2014
Piromysl said:
Gentle is totally the best MHA villain. Not even joking.

This one hundred times. Gentle and La Brava are better than all past villains combined.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Rock Lock and the stereotypical black voice (dub)

todoxbami - Sep 22, 2021

14 by TamarahTalksTV »»
Sep 16, 1:04 PM

» In the name of science, why is there a lot of Bakugou x Uraraka shippers? ( 1 2 )

Gazz - Apr 6, 2019

68 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:25 PM

» Toogata, Mirio not getting One for All

Dragevard - Jun 1, 2021

17 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:19 PM

» This season....

_anime_fan_698 - Oct 29, 2021

15 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:18 PM

» They Did Gentle Dirty In The Anime

Suzeray87 - Jul 19, 2021

15 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.