Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 4, 2020 5:53 PM
Sep 2008
Klimat said:
PrimeX said:
Gintama is great at mixing comedy with drama and this show is with comedy with idk gore? It's just weird but in a fun way. Anyway, are there police here? So there's some people who can keep sorcerers in line? Cause they're just doing whatever the hell they want seems like.

No police or government in either world, it's all run on pure anarchy. The closest thing to "police" in the magic users' world is actually En's family, since it protects (or at the very least avenges) its associates, which are plenty, bringing some order and stability to the world.

Well, there is Hell's Prison for offenses made against Devils. It isn't made clear how people are rounded up but I assume Devils either have a task force of magic users who catch and report people or that the Devils do it themselves.
Jun 23, 2020 8:54 PM

Jan 2014
the mushroom magic is sooo gross i hope i don't have nightmares xD
Aug 18, 2020 4:55 AM

May 2016
With how likable the characters are, it's very hard to not get attached to the main characters even if they end up trying to kill each other from time to time~ Shin and Noi's backstory was really touching and Ebisu turning out to be the one person who applied to become Fujita's partner was pretty damn adorable.

Risu and Kaiman being the ones who ended up helping Shin and Noi deal with their kidnappers was quite the twist of fate! This episode had an ending that was far from happy since Nikaido having her identity discovered by En and being victimized by his magic once again's a very dreadful thing indeed...

Sep 2, 2020 4:54 PM

Oct 2019
A good and funny episode by and large. An obvious question that bugged me though was that if Noi's power was (implausibly) so nearly omni-potent that her smoke was able to grow an entire freaking body out of Risu's head (which she didn't even realize she did, since she did do so inadvertently, as a side effect of her own self-healing...; OK she is powerful, we got it) why on Earth would they need to plug Risu's head to a full robotic body earlier on?

I also didn't get why the body-growing part was done off-screen : we see Risu screaming and collapsing without a head (what?!) and then running away with a full organic body a few seconds later, so for a while we were not even sure it was him. Did the director think it would be way too ridiculous to show on screen?
At least it was funny that Noi failed to realize both that she "healed" (i.e. grew an entire body out of his head) Risu when she emerged from the box and that she was stepping on Risu's former robotic body lol (who by the way they were looking for and could find due to his transmitter, but decided to forget about him and throw a party instead lol). She is not the brightest bulb in the box is she?
SharpedonSep 2, 2020 4:58 PM
Dec 10, 2020 2:12 AM

Jul 2017
Shin and Noi's backstory on how they met and how they became rivals/partners/friends was really good. They make the perfect kind of partner duo and glad to see both do their thing to help each other out, and even have competitive food eating duels to see who pays for what from a long time ago too. En's song being played by that ramen place was priceless. Noi became fucking ripped quickly, jesus. Fair play to her though.

En coming after Nikaidou with that mushroom magic goodness out of nowhere. Wonder how she's going to do here after being blindsided by him.
Dec 26, 2020 12:13 PM

Jul 2015
Really adorable reveal there of Ebisu being the one who signed the partner application of Fujita. Also cute to see how Noi and Shin met and became partners.
Man, I really starting to think En has a ridiculuously large range of talents of him turning people into mushrooms and control them to a certain degree, being a big figure in the underworld, having owned ramen shops and most importantly his singing career.

Jan 5, 2021 9:19 PM

Mar 2015
This anime's eccentricity is its major selling point, I love it to bits!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 7, 2021 9:54 PM

Sep 2018
Kyahhh! My 2 ships lol I really enjoy every scenes of En's gang. I thought Noi is dead huhu I'm glad they're okay. And also Ebisu!! That's what I'm saying.. why need other person to be his partner when Ebisu is always there! I love the flashback of Shin and Noi, they're sooooo cute!!!!

Feb 25, 2021 10:34 AM
Jan 2018
Nice to finally see some back story with Noi and shin
For min I was wondering how shin got older then realised a big time skip happened during the flashback.

So risu was fully restored by nois magic.

Interesting to see en being able to use magic on nikaido even though they are in different relms in guess it’s only possible because she was injured in there last meeting and he used some sort of connection to make a mushroom grown out of her again.

Loving noi shins relationship looking forward to seeing if caimen and nikaido reunite
Mattinator95Feb 25, 2021 10:41 AM
May 9, 2021 5:10 PM

Jul 2020
I loved the episode as always; I definitely enjoyed seeing the backstory for Noi and Shin and how they first met; I also thought that it was nice to see Ebisu wanting to be Fujita's partner as well, it was pretty funny as well to see Ebisu be embarrassed by it, haha; and now we're left off with the mushroom emerging from Nikaido's back, damn that was kind of nasty to see; definitely excited to see what happens next!
Dec 6, 2021 10:25 AM
Nov 2020
Love En's mushroom song,
Dec 15, 2021 3:09 PM

Oct 2021
Lmao imagine a kitchen nightmare episode on the night they served those mushrooms
Jun 5, 2022 8:59 AM

Jun 2019
Ebisu is so sweet and she cares about him. Caiman is back to selling pies. LOL. Nikaido is down and En is finally after her. Hope nothing bad happens to her.
Jul 18, 2022 3:17 PM

Dec 2016
Seems legit alright

Nov 4, 2022 11:51 PM
May 2020
Finally, Ebisu admits her feelings and we get to know what a lot of the sorcerers' powers are.
Nov 17, 2022 12:44 PM

Sep 2011
DON’T YOU DARE HURT NIKAIDO!! It’ll be super awesome if she can control time but wouldn’t she have used it by now? Loved the episode. I’m liking the build up of this anime. Now its got me at the edge of my seat. Onwards we go!
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
May 16, 2023 6:42 AM

Oct 2022
The shop owner is such a nice man for lending out Caiman a knive for a fight without any hesitation.
Jun 25, 2023 3:51 PM
Aug 2018
Not a super eventful episode, but at least now En has an idea of who Nikaido is. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Sep 23, 2023 4:44 AM

May 2020
Surprised to see there used to be a Noi who wasn't always over 200 cm tall lol. Liked her and Shin's backstory and how they met. And this kinda explain about those people they were shown being wary of in the last episode. But no worries now, as they have been already consumed as a food:)

Knew it was Ebisu who sent the application, but watching her getting beet-red when it came out in open was priceless. Though quite an ending this episode had, when En out of nowhere decided to go after Nikaido.. heck he has already made sure the circumstances should lead to Nikaido using her magic.
Jan 23, 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
I like seeing the backstories. So Noi was originally supoosed to become a devil. But she wasn't able to because she used her magic to save Shin. A bit of a bummer, but a life is more important! Though I'm a bit curious how she got a Ms. Olympia-esque physique. But I'm even more curious how Shin and Noi's two kidnappers were able to come back after the ass beating they got.

Hehe, that's cute. Ebisu was one who applied to be Fujita's partner. &++ Nikaido can't catch a break when it comes to these dang mushrooms on her back
Mar 26, 9:43 PM

Jul 2016
Tiny slim Noi is so cursed, but the story about how she and Shin became partners was so cute.

Speaking of adorable pairs, it's hilarious how we now know Fujita was actually shocked at receiving an actual genuine application, and Ebisu couldn't believe Fujita got an application from anyone but herself. And Ebisu's blushing is absolutely precious lmao

Of all of En's mushroomancy magic, whatever he did to spawn that thing out of Nikaido is easily the freakiest.
Jun 16, 11:52 PM
Jan 2024
IT WAS HER ALL THE TIME
Jun 16, 11:52 PM
Jan 2024
IT WAS HER ALL THE TIME
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2020

241 by Auralkia »»
Aug 27, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

207 by dzzthink »»
Aug 20, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

76 by PLUSKII »»
Jul 21, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

67 by paocmanteiga »»
Jun 17, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2020

111 by Suckmypokeballs »»
May 4, 11:46 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.