Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 4, 2019 6:35 PM

Nov 2011
This was garbage. Utter garbage. Like they tried so hard to be funny and it was just not funny. Then they add fan service to try and hook you...but it doesn't help. Not a great start to this series imo.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 4, 2019 7:41 PM

Apr 2018
No... not again... I've started... another isekai... and... I'm actually kinda enjoying it....

Reading the synopsis I was kinda unsure about this, but I decided to give it a shot.
I personally really like the interaction between Listarte and Seiya.
It seems I've fallen into the isekai trap again...

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Oct 4, 2019 8:35 PM

Jan 2014
Seiya have goblin slayer voice and personality except his goblin fetish
Oct 5, 2019 12:21 AM

Nov 2009
Okay, best isekai ever so far, I kid you not.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 5, 2019 4:07 AM

Oct 2008
So this time, Whiter Fox presented us with a character that is beyond godly cautions!?
OP by MYTH&ROID was a banger! it was awesome!
5/5.

Oct 5, 2019 5:11 AM
Jan 2019
for some reason the way she chose the hero makes me angry why Japanese young boy? all country in this world the author really make it Japanese man not just because he is strong (and they like Isekai genre (but there are many countries that like another world to you know)) but the way the goddess chose is disturbing she just chose in piles of papers, not their attitude, story of life, personality she doesn't know the face she chose what the hell? is he the chosen one? and that man is the one who going to protect their land that goddess, that is awful, they portrait the goddess to a human who is irresponsible and a bitch like an attitude
Oct 5, 2019 6:30 AM

Aug 2018
Damn! Didn't expect anything special, but this was definitely a surprise. I really enjoyed this.
Hope this doesn't outstay its welcome.
Oct 5, 2019 7:14 AM

Mar 2017
A new decent isekai after a long time. I needed some more comedy isekai like Konosuba and the first episode lived up to my expectations.
Oct 5, 2019 7:20 AM

Mar 2019
It's soooooooooooooooo good <3
Totally loved the first episode . It seems funny as Konosuba !
Eagerly waiting for the 2nd episode .

This might be one of my favourite <3

You are welcomed to visit my profile ;)

Join our Club if you are an Harem & Ecchi fan ;)

Oct 5, 2019 7:35 AM
Apr 2019
deym the mc ran away at last part i thought he's going to fight the higher ranked demon right away because they said the mc is op
i srsly feel bad about it because they made me think the mc is really op
Oct 5, 2019 9:56 AM
Jul 2019
Ho ho hoooo,looks like a konosuba knockoff, interesting.
Oct 5, 2019 10:29 AM

Jan 2017
"Ohhh the MC was so annoying, hope he gets better"

"The MC's basically got one joke and that's it, might get old"

"Such a boring MC"

Lot of people don't seem to get that Seiya's not the MC here... I wonder if that's why they feel off? Because you can't project yourself onto Seiya like you can pretty much every other Isekai hero, that's not what he's for.

I loved it. I was already finding the manga hilarious, and this definitely delivered as an adaptation. I can see why people might find that the joke could get old (it hasn't for me so far in the manga), but even beyond that the animation, comic timing, voice acting and random references (Terminator and Dr Strange, anyone?) that the anime adds will make it worth watching.

And, yeah, despite the superficial similarities I'm not seeing a lot of Konosuba in this. I think that's just what people are defaulting to as THE standout example of 'Isekai that's actually funny', so the comparison gets made even if it's not all that applicable.
Oct 5, 2019 10:34 AM

Dec 2016
Oh nice, another show that makes fun of the isekai genre aka konosuba 2.0. Going to keep watching it to see where it goes.
Oct 5, 2019 10:41 AM

Aug 2015
I don't know, it's not terrible but it's not funny either. I will give it a couple more episodes to see if I drop it or keep watching it.
Oct 5, 2019 1:33 PM

Feb 2016
Holy hell that slime’s vaporised
Oct 5, 2019 1:40 PM
Aug 2019
jal90 said:
Kihira07 said:

Since when shield hero is a Konosuba rip-off like this show?

How is this a Konosuba ripoff? Did Konosuba invent comedy and parody in isekai?

Agreed that it's a bit annoying that people mention Shield Hero which has nothing to do with this show.

Ask them, they started first, not me
Oct 5, 2019 1:42 PM
Aug 2019
BestBoiEren said:
Kihira07 said:

Since when shield hero is a Konosuba rip-off like this show?

Where did I talk about konosuba? All I said is that shield garbage is a trash show.

Trash show like this anime? Agree
Oct 5, 2019 1:46 PM

Apr 2016
It waa a bit funny. I’m not sure to continue it but I’ll watch next episodes and after I’ll decide.
Oct 5, 2019 5:41 PM

Oct 2014
Man Toyosaki so good
Oct 5, 2019 8:01 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
I wouldn't take this anime seriously

this describes pretty much every anime

anime in general shouldn't be taken seriously
Oct 5, 2019 11:21 PM
Nov 2015
EcchiGodMamster said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
I wouldn't take this anime seriously

We can solve this trash comment problem by never allowing discussion topic in Mal.

Because Mal just a place for spam account and gives rating 1 no matter how good the anime is.

BOT also easily spam new account in this website as well.
Oct 5, 2019 11:29 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
redcobra said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

We can solve this trash comment problem by never allowing discussion topic in Mal.

Because Mal just a place for spam account and gives rating 1 no matter how good the anime is.

BOT also easily spam new account in this website as well.

uh....

ok?

idk what that has to do with anything lol
Oct 5, 2019 11:49 PM
May 2016
Enjoyed this a lot more then I expected to. Probably my favorite Isekai that's come out this season so far.
Oct 6, 2019 12:11 AM

May 2014
It only makes sense to be a bit cautious, even unironically. Most isekai protagonists have it too easy.
Oct 6, 2019 1:34 AM

Dec 2008
another isekai anime i thought would be bleh but at least it has interesting voice acting! i guess it's bearable to watch, and it has a nice touch of humor, i guess~
Oct 6, 2019 2:59 AM
Aug 2018
Piromysl said:
If only he was summoned in Naofumi's stead...
IKR, that's the first thing I said while watching it...
So far I really like it 8.5/10
Gotta see where the story goes, we might have a gem this season or maybe its just another time wasting show, time will tell
I hope keeps up the quality
Oct 6, 2019 3:48 AM

Jul 2015
LOL
plays me when I play roguelike
Oct 6, 2019 6:20 AM

Feb 2017
i afraid the premise will stale pretty quick

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 6, 2019 6:46 AM

May 2019
A pretty cool concept in the opening episode. I liked the isekai parody hints, too/

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 6, 2019 7:27 AM
Nov 2018
Well, isekai finally got what it deserved: A hero who actually acts like an MMO player!

He maxes out his stats before going on the first quest, even if it takes a lot of time. Because why not?

He gets all the equipment he might need even if that isn't what a hero in a fairy tale would do.

He looks like an athletic game avatar, which just adds to the fun. An avatar who looks like a hero in a tale, but then goes cautiously grinding.

Suspect everything! Be prepared to kill villagers as they might, possibly, somehow, be something else. It doesn't really matter if they are just NPCs.

RUN AWAY if danger approaches! When you're playing on the hardest mode and could lose your character, that is what you do.

I love it - finally a REAL MMO-style isekai.

I just don't like the title, as it follows this new format of describing an anime to the letter, the better to advertise to potential readers. But other than that, it's a lot of fun. Also interesting to only follow the goddess' perspective, when usually you would discover things together with the hero.
Oct 6, 2019 12:21 PM

Mar 2013
will this be the show to take up the mantle of konosuba
Oct 6, 2019 1:33 PM
Nov 2011
I feel like the source material and gags will get repetitive, but the animation, directing, and voice acting are all fantastic, and definitely made me laugh several times. Will it last, who knows, could these talents have been put to use in better anime? Probably, but I'll still check it out
Oct 6, 2019 1:43 PM
Nov 2017
"Oh six packs"
The goddess is too funny and the hero lives up to his title of being overly cautious. Hoping to expect some good story from here onwards!
Oct 6, 2019 1:49 PM

Oct 2018
It tried really really REALLY hard to be funny. Like they had to fill in every minutes with a god damn gag in them but only a few worked.
Oct 6, 2019 5:59 PM
Jan 2019
Holy fuck this is hilarious and I am already sold on everything.

Just for perspective I am aware of my isekai trash status (even to the extent of reading the Japanese raws with difficulty for unfinished WN translations)

But holy shit everything was on point. Genre: isekai which is a hit or miss depending on the viewer but still a decent platform for a comedy. Art style: a little wacky in a Konosuba-ish way. VA: expressionate female lead and sexy-deep male lead. Not to mention the awesome asides that she makes after the muscle fan service. Comedic rhythm: I like the balance between plot progression and joke. Most (but not all) scenes have a joke or at least a tsukkomi which usually would be unbearable but Seiya’s character is properly set up to do ridiculous things that need a tsukkomi.
I can’t guarantee the plot will be fantastic but I honestly don’t care, I could watch this shit all day even if the story went around in circles.
Oct 6, 2019 7:15 PM

Oct 2017
5/10 first ep.

Art was very bland, minus some mildly interesting background work and few good facial expression / chibi comedic cut-aways.

Characters have some potential but very one-note right now. Seiya's cautiousness was getting very slightly tiring even in the first episode which is a terrible sign. Listarte's VA did a good job though.

Humor was hit or miss. I feel like it will stay that way and how much I end up liking the show will come down to the characters.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 6, 2019 7:36 PM

Mar 2014
Heh, that was pretty damn funny. I had a feeling his cautiousness would be perfect for an S-Class world, and it looks like the Demon Lord is just as cautious as the hero is so this is gonna be interesting.
Oct 6, 2019 8:32 PM

Jun 2015
i like it already, there's something about the hopeless goddess archetype that i've come to love.
Oct 6, 2019 8:52 PM
Jan 2019
This isekai has potential, I love the comedy genre that presents about a protagonist too cautious with any situation and thing. I didn't stop laughing with the slime scene, hahaha.
This time the White Fox studio brought a decent animation with this anime, unlike Arifureta which is horrible. And MYTH and ROID add another isekai to their OP list.
Definitely, this anime goes to the list.

Ps: The goddess reminds me of Aqua de Konosuba xD.
He would have died of laughter, if the protagonist arrived naked as a terminator 😂.
Oct 7, 2019 12:41 AM
Jul 2018
Oh boy, I'm trying not to set my expectations too high (and I'm failing hard at that), but I think this anime has the potential to rival Konosuba. I absolutely loved the comedy, this first episode alone already made this my most anticipated anime of the season, but that's only until Chihayafuru S3 starts airing.
Oct 7, 2019 1:25 AM
Nov 2015
1. People should not take this seriously this is just comedy.
2. Why no one talk about terminator reference and doctor strange portal reference.
3. Elitist please BEGONE FROM MALLLL.
4. The comedy is basicly you RPG player that using hi powerfull spell to weak mobs in every encounter, in final fantasy dragon quest, golden sun other action RPG ext ext.
5. The comedy also all about skyrim, dark soul player that always over prepare their stuff specially level up and stack 50 or 99 items first before going some dungeon or VS bosses.

Yeah you I mean all of you skyrim player and RPG player that stack max potions and antidote because over catious. This anime Parody about that.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE don't take this anime too seriously just a comedy and enjoy it.

If you can't enjoy it that mean you are not a gamer just normies
redcobraOct 7, 2019 1:32 AM
Oct 7, 2019 3:52 AM

Mar 2016
redcobra said:
1. People should not take this seriously this is just comedy.
2. Why no one talk about terminator reference and doctor strange portal reference.
3. Elitist please BEGONE FROM MALLLL.
4. The comedy is basicly you RPG player that using hi powerfull spell to weak mobs in every encounter, in final fantasy dragon quest, golden sun other action RPG ext ext.
5. The comedy also all about skyrim, dark soul player that always over prepare their stuff specially level up and stack 50 or 99 items first before going some dungeon or VS bosses.

Yeah you I mean all of you skyrim player and RPG player that stack max potions and antidote because over catious. This anime Parody about that.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE don't take this anime too seriously just a comedy and enjoy it.

If you can't enjoy it that mean you are not a gamer just normies

Exactly this is comedy / parody.
Some hardcore idiot's just don't get it...

And that first episode is awesome, love it. :D
Oct 7, 2019 6:32 AM

Aug 2018
It's like Aqua and Goblin Slayer are in the same anime lol. Will this anime be part of Isekai Quartet 2nd season too?
Oct 7, 2019 7:37 AM
Jan 2019
Daniel_Naumov said:
ThatSaltyDude said:
I enjoyed that quite a lot. It was a lot of fun and looked solid. The best part was definitely Aki Toyosaki's performance. It was just great.
I hope the show is able to maintain it's "fun" factor

Also quite delighted how many different "faces" a voice actress can do accurately and outstandingly. That said I can not remember male voice actors doing anything but low pitch/high pitch and simply different voices for different characters, if there is a need. Females are surely giving their all inside the male-dominated industry.
Her performance is definitely the highlight of this comedy-series, do not know how classy it was on paper... But being animated by skillful people (a myriad of creatively done frames and transitions is my evidence) and voiced by someone just as skillful surely boosts the appeal of a well-concepted comedy.

Here, let me help you with that

^ S tier voice acting

On topic yun yun and goblin slayer ftw!
The_News_GuyOct 7, 2019 7:43 AM
Oct 7, 2019 10:20 AM
Jan 2019
I got to say that this show was truly unique in its own way. most of the main characters that get sent to a new world are usually trying to start a harem or even thinking that they're the shit or even a pervert but it was surprising to see that the main character was more strict and wanting to do better for himself. The goddess was literally every single last anime fangirl who likes those main characters with a six-pack or even with a nice hairstyle and facial features. but the show was truly entertaining and had me wanting more but the fact that this show just came out made me a little sad. Oh well the good thing about this is that this fall is going to be the battle of Isakai anime.
Oct 7, 2019 11:53 AM

May 2015
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt stop laughing when he was killing the slime XD.

I really hope most of the comedy is like that. Literally everything he does is cautious and I love it XD.

*Picks up little girl's bookmark* Is it cursed ? XD
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 7, 2019 12:14 PM

Oct 2013
Please be that one in 12 or something isekais that's actually not utter boring trash - not expecting another Konosuba here but something at least closer to it. 1st ep shows promise, I like the self-awareness & the facial animations. Seiya & Rista's comments can bounce of each other nicely if the execution is handled properly and make for a great duo.

For the ep in particular, given the events of already meeting a top-tier opponent so early on, it makes one wonder if Seiya's cautiousness is not only funny but needed to progress through this world. Also based on what demon-chan said, it'd be hilarious if the demon lord was someone as cautious as our hero :P
Oct 7, 2019 5:21 PM

Sep 2008
Can't really make up my mind if i find Listarte just okay or really annoying. It's like they've tried too hard to make her "that" kind of character, and it's just obnoxious.
Oct 7, 2019 5:37 PM
May 2018
SoraSenpai said:
This was garbage. Utter garbage. Like they tried so hard to be funny and it was just not funny. Then they add fan service to try and hook you...but it doesn't help. Not a great start to this series imo.

Garbage opinion.
Oct 7, 2019 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
I already love this anime.
The MC is a combination of Kazuma's assholeness, and, as someone in a Youtube comment pointed out, a beginner cautious Dark Souls player once they find out how unpredictable the game is.
The goddess's constant distorted expressions reminds me of Aqua, except she's not stupid or an asshole.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

275 by ReaperCreeper »»
Sep 11, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2019

107 by ReaperCreeper »»
Sep 10, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

179 by Beatnik »»
Jan 19, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

135 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

208 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.