Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 10, 2019 7:54 PM
Feb 2019
This anime is definitely for us, Azur Lane Commanders :-)
Oct 10, 2019 8:05 PM

Aug 2018
Excellent and fun episode, but with such a large cast I’ve got to watch again and see if I can fully understand who’s who.
Oct 10, 2019 8:19 PM

Apr 2011
No senpai, this our...

Wait, wrong anime.
Oct 10, 2019 8:25 PM

Jan 2011
hnng they showed my other girl Prinz baby for some reason they lewd'd her even more without covering the front crotch area of her outfit was like i don't remember that all being visible lol.

and the QUEEN! appeared and when the queen comes so do the maids like our big sis Belfast still highly enjoying this show on the pure fanservice they keep popping even more ships and small details like not having a repair ship or Helena using her skill radar scan.

sandy getting dragged in the beginning and hammann near the end was pretty funny
Oct 10, 2019 8:33 PM
Jan 2016
Another awesome episode form me!

A lot more girls where introduced this episode, also their personalities!

That fanservise with Lafey and Javelin!

Prinz Eogeo make her entrance, and she is really well animated, and her personality in anime is way better to see!

Helena as appeared, she is cute as ever, and hot!

Zuikako and Shoukaku are there too, Shoukako personality damn!

Enterprise is such a badass, pusshing herself that hard, Zuikako almost defeat her cause of that, But BELFAST arrived in the best moment!

Also Queen Elizabeth made her move, and her entrance was amusing!

Curious for next episode!
Oct 10, 2019 8:37 PM

May 2018
Damn, a lot of things happened in this episode. It was a massive overload:

- Prinz Eugen is finally introduced and she seems to be a lot more flirtatious then what I thought she would be. Her voice is a bit deep but that makes her sound hot. I love the music when she first appears.
- Nimi is here and they used that nickname in the anime too!
- The Crane sisters look pretty good. Shoukaku uses that reference was actually funny.
- The action and fighting scenes were pretty good too except for one part where the whole background turned blue was a bit weird.
- I was hoping that Hornet didn't get slashed and she didn't.

- Belfast is here! I love how Queen Elisabeth says that she has a plan ready but sends only Belfast to take action.
- RIP Sandy.

This episode was pretty good overall. I thought it was about to go into some lore with Enty but I guess that's saved for later on. Giving us another fight scene is pretty nice too. Looking for to the next episode and to see our maid take action.
Edo_Light_16Oct 10, 2019 8:57 PM
Oct 10, 2019 9:22 PM
Mar 2017
Well ... after the surprise attack of Akagi and Kaga things calmed down momentarily and the atmosphere became somewhat hot in some places.
Laffey in her sleepy mode is quite dangerous, she exposed poor Javelin in front of the other ladies and Unicorn and the shame was too much for her and then Laffey is also exposed, but censures-san contract crabs to protect the sleepy loli's chest. Illustrious is still the most elegant and busty in the fleet ... damn.
Akagi is still very aggressive with Kaga and I love it, what a careful way to heal her injured sister, Akagi is a very attentive older sister.
I liked Shoukaku a lot, she is very melodramatic and beautiful and I liked Zuikaku a lot too, both are really beautiful and Zuikaku gave Enterprise a tough fight although we know she had the advantage because Enterprise was injured. Shoukaku looked so comfortable attacking Hornet.
Today we had the pleasure of meeting some ladies of Iron Blood, Prinz Eugen can be defined as hot, that sensual and elegant way of walking and those legs are weapons of destruction, but still I liked how little by little she managed to do Annoy Kaga and little Z23 I can only say that her design was quite elegant.

The Royal Navy showed its ship leader, Queen Elizabeth and is a loli, I swear I laughed a lot and two ship girls were her maids, I would love to know who the other two were who were drinking tea, but it was best to see Belfast in action, she arrived just in time to save Enterprise and I was fascinated by her design, I think she will become one of my favorites.
We also met some ship girls from the Eagle Union, Hamman is so cute, but I felt sorry when I saw her knocked out, she wanted to do her best. Northampton, Helena and Arizona look so nice, hot girls keep appearing and I really liked the design of the small Long Island, but Hornet's appearance was the best, the youngest sister of the most powerful warship in the Union, she is very fast , although I would have liked to see her fight.

Anyway, the battle will continue, but I have an idea that the Red Axis fleet will have to withdraw, but surprises are the order of the day and things may get complicated.
Oct 10, 2019 9:50 PM
Jan 2019
Personnaly, I really liked the anime overall, but I feel like the fanservice with laffey and Javelin getting borderline naked was a bit too much and out of place. I don't mind the panty shots, but that was a bit over the top.

As for Kaga and Akagi, we now have a bit more detail on their relationship. Kaga seems to be the sister that doesn't want to oppose her sister, so she goes does whatever her sister tells her to do. Akagi on the contrary is very possessive of her, and you can clearly feel the yandere vibes.

Enterprise's character is really on point, and she fits the role of protagonist very well.
Oct 10, 2019 9:57 PM
Mar 2018
Good grief, I honestly thought there was a little too much lewd fan service at the beginning of the episode and wasn't really enjoying it, but then in the last few minute milady and wife came in like Wonder Woman (quite literally with her arm guards) and saved the episode (and Enterprise) single-handedly. Once again, I can reaffirm that I have no regrets using my only ring (yes, only, CN players didn't get a second one for free) on her whatsoever.
Oct 10, 2019 10:24 PM
Nov 2018
I love this fight scenes lol. I thought. Hey nothing can beat Cancolle but hey.. Azurlane is greatly approaching on Cancolle. Great anime l, beautiful animation, not much story here but I don't care :D
Oct 10, 2019 10:49 PM

Aug 2012
Nice, Belfast appears at the end of the episode after rolling her in the game, earlier in the day.
Oct 10, 2019 11:30 PM
Mar 2019
This was much slower paced than the 1st one and it was visible that they wanted to target their audience with tons of Fanservice.. Anyway, A decent episode... Some development for Enti and new characters introduced...

3/5
FanBoii
Oct 10, 2019 11:37 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah, like hell I'm gonna try to remember all those names xD

OK episode overall. I have mostly the same opinion I had with the first one. Only when the confrontations begin, is when the series become interesting enough.

Not really impressed by the plot nor the characters so far. Prinz Eugen (yeah, I had to look for it) is hot as hell tho.
Oct 11, 2019 12:12 AM
Oct 2019
My only complaint is the fact that after 2 episodes there is still no sign of commander in this anime, even the command is replaced by Prince of Wales. because if you follow the latest story on the game (after edgy enterprise shows up), the commander's role is pretty important, even considered as the 'key' by the sirens.
Oct 11, 2019 12:22 AM

Jul 2017
HaXXspetten said:
Unfortunately this is really feeling like one of those anime where it's basically expecting the viewers to already be well familar with the source material, and for anyone that isn't, well tough luck

Yeap, that seems to be the case, especially for game adaptations like these. Damn it...for anime-onlys like us who never played the game before, it's hard to know what's going on.

Honestly, with how Episode 1 was pre-surfaced, the story in and of itself could go many ways, but the fanservice will and always be there. But I'd agree that there isn't much of a plot other than to repeat game aesthetics.

The many characters themselves, once again, unless the source is known and established beforehand (i.e. play the game), it's hard to pinpoint who's who and their special abilities and such.

At least the animation is coherent, if not inconsistent. Just gonna keep it up for another episode then drop it if this keeps up because this show is 100% made for the fans.
Oct 11, 2019 12:43 AM

Jan 2017
I really need to thanks all the whales from the game to make this possible!

I was expecting nothing less from this adaptation, pure fan service for every ship lover!

PS
Still waiting for the best ship to make an appearance!
Oct 11, 2019 1:24 AM

Nov 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Unfortunately this is really feeling like one of those anime where it's basically expecting the viewers to already be well familar with the source material, and for anyone that isn't, well tough luck

I never even heard of the game before watching this and I understand whats going on. What are you unsure about?
Oct 11, 2019 2:06 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
--Toshi-- said:
HaXXspetten said:

I never even heard of the game before watching this and I understand whats going on. What are you unsure about?
Well you know, how it has more characters than one can count and expects you to know who everyone is, who they're fighting for, what abilities they have individually etc. There are hundreds of ship girls in the game and they clearly want to show off as many of them as possible but so far there's no realistic chance of being able to remember everyone
Oct 11, 2019 3:25 AM

Nov 2012
HaXXspetten said:
--Toshi-- said:

Well you know, how it has more characters than one can count and expects you to know who everyone is, who they're fighting for, what abilities they have individually etc. There are hundreds of ship girls in the game and they clearly want to show off as many of them as possible but so far there's no realistic chance of being able to remember everyone

Ahhh I see your point, I already told myself remembering all the names was an impossible task. It looks like its going to focus on a core group tho
Oct 11, 2019 3:44 AM

Oct 2007
--Toshi-- said:
HaXXspetten said:

same here, never played the game. And the story is just fine for me. :)

too many characters? That's ok, I remember most of the ones that I like already.
Oct 11, 2019 5:09 AM

Jun 2016
so much better than shit kancolle !!!
Oct 11, 2019 5:29 AM

Aug 2018
Laffey's exactly as I usually am : too sleepy to do something
Oct 11, 2019 5:51 AM

Feb 2014
Out of all the characters that have appeared in Azur Lane so far, my favourite would have to be Laffey. She's a sleepyhead, but she's very good that saying the right words at the right time. Plus, she did give us some sexy fanservice by accidentally stripping Javelin's outfit that revealed her bouncy boobs to Unicorn and Wales, before succumbing to her sleep by having her own left boob exposed with only a tiny raving crab protecting her nipple to us fans. XD

While the plot does struggle at times, I'm still liking the conflict between both factions. Enterprise, who came to rescue her sister's crew, was able to pull off some great battle moves against the opposing faction's Zuikaku, despite being badly injured from last week's fight, and held her own until her weapons gave up on her.

Thankfully, Belfast made it in time to save Enterprise and she did it with style while wearing a maid outfit. =3

The animation overall was a bit weaker than the first episode, which was to be expected with most shows anyway, but Bibury still did a good job with the amount of fluidity with a lot of the ship girls while they're engaged in combat.

As long they keep up with the good fights and the excellent fanservice, then the remaining 10 episodes should be very enjoyable. =P
Oct 11, 2019 6:29 AM

May 2018
HaXXspetten said:

Actually, it was the other way around for me. I've played the game since the beginning and the story was basic since it was talking about WW2. It didn't make sense in the later half of the first year when the Sirens was mentioned. The second year for JP or the later events for the EN was better and has improved since. The story does get interesting later on in the game so I do wonder if the anime will have it too. I doubt it.

Anyways, the anime finally got me understanding what's going on in the first year of the game by explaining in the first few seconds of this episode. The Red Axis motives were a bit unclear.

That said, I do agree that some parts of the anime are for people who have played the game like the girls in the background. The San Diego reference is still the best one.
Edo_Light_16Oct 11, 2019 6:37 AM
Oct 11, 2019 6:41 AM

Mar 2019
BTDee said:
This show is still meh for me, I definitely don't think it's my kind of anime :<

I'm a lil bit like "what the fuck is going on" all the time

Same here :(
Always confused ,what is happening !

Oct 11, 2019 6:48 AM

Dec 2018
i don’t understand how people think it’s difficult to remember character names and what group they’re from, and i’m someone who’s barely even played the game. you can usually tell by their outfits whether they’re crimson axis or azur lane, and it’s easy to distinguish between the 4 groups imo, but that’s just me
Oct 11, 2019 7:03 AM

Dec 2016
HaXXspetten said:

I'm not familiar with source material but I really like fight scenes. Unfortunately I'm not loli person (and fan of too much fanservice), So I think I will give 6-7/10 also I was hoping that Laffey will be destroyed (maybe in future?).
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.100/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.172/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.92/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.68/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.57/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 11, 2019 8:10 AM

Oct 2012
How did Enterprise even get damaged in the first episode? I am enjoying the battles and seeing the ship waifus animated but the cringy out of place tensions ( being visually fine in a scene then going ah, I am weak and falling down the next second) is lowering my overall enjoyment.

Prinz Eugen feeding Dango to those mechanical snakes bothered me a lot. In my mind, I can't stop wondering if she is converting food to energy that way instead of treating a part of her (the weapon part attached to her) like a pet.
Oct 11, 2019 8:33 AM

Mar 2017
CeddyyBearr said:
The fanservice is top notch, that crab though XD

Still seems a lot of fun to me, just so many characters still, it's kinda hard to grasp all the names... It will come in due time I am sure.

Action was really nice.. Enterprise really is pushing herself to the max.
Don't worry. when you play the game, you will remember 90% of them. hell I didn't play the game for 6 months now and still remember some of the characters that appear.
Oct 11, 2019 8:36 AM

Mar 2017
ArthurLopes said:
I really liked the action, really looking forward to the next episode. I'm not really a fan of the extreme fan-service but knowing the target demographic it was expected.
Same here. I didn't expect THAT fanservice in this anime. though i thought it will be panty shot or boob jiggle. but damn that scene just straight outta nowhere.

Still watching this Anime because I am waiting for my favourite character in the game to take action.
Oct 11, 2019 8:55 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Laffey is awesome <3 her boobs looked kinda big, which is nice.. I really enjoyed that scene. :^)
I wish there would be more screen time for Illustrious though.

Great episode nonetheless :)

flower-magic said:
i don’t understand how people think it’s difficult to remember character names and what group they’re from, and i’m someone who’s barely even played the game. you can usually tell by their outfits whether they’re crimson axis or azur lane, and it’s easy to distinguish between the 4 groups imo, but that’s just me

Agreed, I haven't ever played the game and I was wondering why people can't distinguish between the groups..
I think this show is doing a great job so far, even if you haven't played the game you can mostly tell what's going on.
MeriuOct 11, 2019 9:05 AM
Oct 11, 2019 9:05 AM

Mar 2018
Wait, they seriously lewd Javelin and Laffey?! Damn men of culture... Not that I'm complaining tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Ayanami and Nimi must be shaking in their boots right now. And I didn't know Laffey is that stacked lol

Well, the fanservice is not 'subtle' anymore so I take back what I said in episode 1 discussion.

Sandy and Hammann abuse. Why am I not surprised?

Looks like it's pretty much confirmed that Crimson Axis ships can fly, probably because of Siren technology so I won't touch that subject anymore. I mean, not only aircraft-carriers like Shoukaku and Zuikaku, even Eugen, a heavy cruiser is literally floating in the air.

"Actually, too sleepy. Time to quit." Yep, that's Laffey alright. Never change.

The cliffhanger killed me. Get back and rest for awhile, Enty. HMS main fleet is here and time to show who's boss.

All in all, I'm loving it. I'm sorry for anime-only newcomers who are kept in the dark but this anime is basically a love letter to the fans of the game. If this kept going at this quality, I need to think really hard which one show to remove from my top 10. Especially the fact that they know exactly how to please the target audience and which buttons to push without sidetracking. Not to mention they've already succeeded in baiting inviting new players according to some comments online here and there.

Oct 11, 2019 11:56 AM

Jan 2009
SkyLETV said:
It was nice to see Helena's radar in action. And damn, Helena! Those aren't the kind of panties one would expect you to wear. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, she wears black panties in the game

Oct 11, 2019 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
-OJ- said:
SkyLETV said:
It was nice to see Helena's radar in action. And damn, Helena! Those aren't the kind of panties one would expect you to wear. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Maybe it's not her panties but her garter belt?
SkyLETVOct 11, 2019 12:21 PM
Oct 11, 2019 12:19 PM

May 2018
Kizuna Ai - Prinz Eugen is my waifu.
Oct 11, 2019 12:30 PM
Feb 2016
SkyLETV said:
-OJ- said:

Maybe it's not her panties but her garter belt?

So she might be wearing white panties under that garter belt!

Anyway, i overall enjoyed this episode too much. Very good.
Oct 11, 2019 12:34 PM

Jan 2009
That's possible...

First I was surprised they do not have a repair ship, when Akashi is pretty much the face of the game and cannot be left out, but then I realized, that it would not make sense to have an IJN ship in the AL camp. I hope she will make her debut in the Axis camp soon.

salbery755 said:
The Royal Navy showed its ship leader, Queen Elizabeth and is a loli, I swear I laughed a lot and two ship girls were her maids, I would love to know who the other two were who were drinking tea, but it was best to see Belfast in action, she arrived just in time to save Enterprise and I was fascinated by her design, I think she will become one of my favorites.

Drinking tea were the other two battleships, Hood (best battleship in the beginning of the game) and Warspite. Serving her were the light cruisers Edinburgh and Sheffield
Suginami85Oct 11, 2019 12:40 PM
Oct 11, 2019 12:49 PM

Aug 2015
Loved it!

I think it's clear by now that if you don't play the game you are probably not gonna get much enjoyment out of it but as someone who's being playing for a while, I think it's fantastic.

Love seeing the characters animated and interacting with eachother (especially the starter ships);
Enterprise being strong but rushing into things also gave a great balance to her character.

Also, Yukikaze! That is all.

Oct 11, 2019 12:51 PM

Jan 2009
I forgot the most important detail there is

Oct 11, 2019 1:17 PM

Sep 2019
I usually don't care about such thing as "animation quality" but this time I have to say the quality is superb, I like how it has more fanservice than Kancolle, furthemore you can tell it's Chinese origins in how so far it clearly depicts the Axis powers as the bad guys while the allies as the protagonists, Kancolle were quite revionists in this regard.
the fights are also quite different from those of Kancolle, there is more direct physical engagements & I also like how there are actual physical ships.
Oct 11, 2019 1:19 PM
Nov 2017
Was waiting for Enterprise to say "Owari Da!" Sad that she ended up reaching her limit.

Good episode with fan service and action.
Oct 11, 2019 2:58 PM
Oct 2018
I get the general gist of the story and can recognise the main cast. So I can follow the general concept. But I see what others are saying, especially as I haven't played the game as well. Trying to keep track of all the girls/ships is a bit of hard work (I hear there's like 350+ ships, so hope it doesn't get too crazy). But it looks like it's more for the fans of the game. As least some stand out like Enterprise and Laffey.

It's still fun to watch and I'll see it through, though I probably won't get the same enjoyment as others do. Out of all the mobile games I've played I'd love to see done in an anime, I'm still waiting for Honkai Impact 3rd (if they haven't already).
Oct 11, 2019 4:15 PM
Mar 2017
-OJ- said:
That's possible...

First I was surprised they do not have a repair ship, when Akashi is pretty much the face of the game and cannot be left out, but then I realized, that it would not make sense to have an IJN ship in the AL camp. I hope she will make her debut in the Axis camp soon.

salbery755 said:

Drinking tea were the other two battleships, Hood (best battleship in the beginning of the game) and Warspite. Serving her were the light cruisers Edinburgh and Sheffield

Thanks for telling me the names of both ship girls and those of the ship maids, personally I really liked Hood's design I hope to see her in action in the next episode, I really liked the ship's designs of the Royal Navy.
Oct 11, 2019 6:02 PM

Oct 2007
ButcherG said:
Loved it!

I think it's clear by now that if you don't play the game you are probably not gonna get much enjoyment out of it but as someone who's being playing for a while, I think it's fantastic.

haven't played the game, and I still think it's fantastic.

Oct 11, 2019 6:08 PM

Aug 2015
Liddo-kun said:
ButcherG said:
Loved it!

Hey, I'm glad you enjoy it.
It's just that I've seen a ton of people who are just confused and constantly bashing the anime and as someone who plays the game, it makes me kinda sad tbh.
Oct 11, 2019 6:15 PM

Oct 2007
ButcherG said:
Liddo-kun said:

It's just that I've seen a ton of people who are just confused and constantly bashing the anime and as someone who plays the game, it makes me kinda sad tbh.

this is the internet. Just ignore the haters.

and if it become too much to ignore, there is always the MAL block + ignore function to make those people invisible.
Oct 11, 2019 6:17 PM

May 2018
The fight scene is great between Enterprise and Zuikaku.
Oct 11, 2019 6:23 PM

Aug 2016
Got a glimpse of Warspite so it was a great episode
Oct 11, 2019 7:05 PM

May 2018
Episode 1 is base on attack on Pearl Harbor. Anyone know what battle reference this is base on now? Is it Guadalcanal campaign?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guadalcanal_campaign

ButcherG said:
Liddo-kun said:

Remember one basic rule. Myanimelist opinion/rating/review doesn't matter.There's a reason why some anime like Arifureta get season 2 even though Myanimelist does not like that anime.

Papa_ScorchOct 11, 2019 7:08 PM
Oct 11, 2019 7:09 PM

May 2017
HaXXspetten said:

Or the viewers who are familiar with world war 2. I've never played the game but I still understand all the references and what's going on because I'm fascinated by World War 2, especially the navy battles. I actually visited Laffey a couple months ago. I'm surprised most of the people commenting talk about the game and not about the actual war. I think it's really interesting and refreshing that the Japanese ships are depicted as the antagonists instead of the protagonists. On a side note, I hate mobile games and refuse to support them but I thought I read that there will be a PS 4 version of the game coming out soon that I would be willing to support. I too like the fan service and I think that Prinz Eugen is the most attractive character.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2019

133 by Lillie482311 »»
May 5, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

106 by KOningNoviPoes »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

83 by wildhood »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2019

96 by Heanworld »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:51 PM

» Character Arizona's voice actress Shirakabe Sawako doing Gravure Modeling

zxcvb321 - Aug 10, 2023

1 by Morty_NL »»
Aug 10, 2023 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.