Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2015 5:49 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Short hair Satsuki? I actually dig her more with long hair, so...
Gamagoori stole this episode for me, he was absolutely intense, sacrificing himself for Mako and then going completely in.
It's a close 9/10 for me, they really outdid themselves with every episode following the Rebellion episode. There was some filler stuff that i didn't care that much about.
Mar 31, 2015 12:08 PM
Mar 2009
Lawl, the transmitter was one big phallic object encased in a condom and then jizzed everywhere when destroyed. Stay classy Trigger.

Ryuuko finally acknowledged Satsuki as her sister. And the fandom goes wild.
And they even look alike during the ED credits with the short hair.

Haha, anyone else see Ira during the ED credits with the tuxedo and flowers? I guess that ship will never die.

Kill la Kill certainly wasn't groundbreaking, but good ol' Trigger still delivered a funny and enjoyable show.
Apr 28, 2015 10:47 AM

Oct 2008
It should have been a 13 episodes + 1 OVA series,that way it wouldn't have lost its momentum and it wouldn't have felt so repetitive after a while.
Still ok and fun overall, it just felt like a anime version of a Transformers movie primarily in how everything is so over the top,the action scenes are front and center have no downtime and are literally going on and on to the point of viewer fatigue (at least in my case).
Apr 29, 2015 10:27 PM

Sep 2014
May 13, 2015 4:12 AM

Oct 2011
That was great ride, though they could have skipped some arcs like Naturals Election or The Big Trip. It's not my beloved TTGL but still a great show

9/10
May 14, 2015 9:31 PM

Feb 2015
It was fine. 6/10

The only nice things are the 2 openings and the art.
May 27, 2015 8:11 AM

Sep 2014
Was sad that Senketsu died, wasn't really expecting that to happen.
Everyone being there to catch Ryuko was epic! and Ryuko acknowledging Satsuki as her sister was a nice moment.
That was a great ending, gonna miss Ryuko and this series! 8/10
Jun 12, 2015 8:33 AM

Mar 2015
An outrageous ending to an outrageous show
Jun 28, 2015 3:05 PM
Jun 2015
For those of you that want to watch every episode go to kissanime.com
Jun 30, 2015 7:19 AM

Aug 2012
gatsu, gatsuu!

9/10
really fun show
Jul 14, 2015 1:25 PM

Feb 2012
Gamarori holding flowering in the ending though :')

What a ride this show has been
Jul 17, 2015 12:06 AM

Feb 2010
So senketsu is gone? Just like that? I'm sad now ;( that's so sad. Come back Q^Q
It was so good though. Everyone always said it was great so I had very high expectations and it actually ended up being better than what I expected and that's pretty crazy.
I'm going to miss this show :/ hope they make more.
And I HATE satsukis haircut it looks terrible! Her hair was so beautiful ;( I hate when series do that ugh. But anyways XD
9/10
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Jul 18, 2015 10:16 PM
Jun 2015
*Cries hysterically* OH MY GOD THAT WAS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER WATCHED! *continues crying* PURE EPIC AWESOMENESS!

*sighs* I already knew the ending in bits and pieces, BUT IT STILL HITS THE FEELS DAMMIT! Knowing that Senketsu still didn't stop my heart from breaking when he did. And Ryuko screaming his name afterwards... it hurts.

But on a happier note...

NUI HARIME IS FINALLY DEAD!

THANK YOU FUCKING JESUS!

God that bitch was ANNOYING, and fucking crazy. I'm glad she's dead.

Also, I like the fact that Satsuki can run super fucking fast even without a kamui.

This was my first anime, and I was not disappointed. 10/10

Fuck it! I'm watching this series again after the OVA. When I read discussions, I see things that I missed. like the "21 I Die" in Mako's glasses. I'm going back to see what I missed, and to enjoy this series again.
ArchangelBlakeJul 18, 2015 10:32 PM
Jul 21, 2015 8:41 PM

May 2015
Wonderful ending! Ryuuko didn't kill anyone right? :D
All thiose naked bodies!!!! Whahahaha
I love Satsuki's new haircut <3

Mako X Gamagori <3 <3 <3
Jul 28, 2015 3:04 PM

Aug 2014
It was a decent ride I suppose.

Didn't really like the first 18 episodes, but the last 6 were pretty good. Satsuki, Ryuuko and Gamagori kept this show interesting for me.

5/10
Jul 30, 2015 6:49 PM
Feb 2015
Man I'm sad it's all over :(
senketsu you will be missed my friend D; .... The battle was very intense, when I though it was over it wasn't. In the end the girls went for a date! Time to watch the ova!!!
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 31, 2015 1:06 AM

Aug 2014
I started watching this when it was airing but I kinda stopped for some reason. Anyway I picked it up recently and I must say..what a great anime!!
Aug 1, 2015 10:56 PM
Jun 2013
just finished watching the run and must say great show. The only crap epsiode was that annoying emo one.
souledge94Aug 2, 2015 9:41 AM
Aug 1, 2015 11:40 PM

Jul 2014
It was fun while it lasted but it had to end. Now to wait for next Saturday. Toonami is airing Akame Game Kill. Wonder if its any good.
Aug 17, 2015 8:40 AM
Feb 2015
This show leaves me with a lot of mixed feelings..At first the complete lack of logic was really annoying and I almost gave up on the show..But I as a continued watching the show(I Know it sounds cliche xD) the whole lack of rationality whatsoever is one of the main reasons that made this show so different and convinced me to continue watching this further.
Amazing job by Trigger and if anything
cloudandlight said:
Now to wait for next Saturday. Toonami is airing Akame Ga Kill. Wonder if its any good.

Akame ga Kill is BRILLIANT imo and you should definitely continue watching it. Or might as well read the manga if you can't wait each week for the episodes (I couldn't:P)
Aug 18, 2015 11:53 PM

Apr 2014

An incredible finish to an incredible battle. So at last the Chekov's Gun is fired. Senketsu had been absorbing life fibers all long, so his finishing move was still very much believable. It's really unfortunate that he wasn't able to withstand and survive the absorption since his death felt much too sudden and seemed like a last minute attempt to invoke additional emotion. There also isn't much of an ending, but I guess that's what the OVA episode is for.

Overall thoughts on the show:

The first few episodes made it blindingly obvious what it was striving for: Outrageous over the top action and comedy with shameless fanservice and nudity. It baffles me that there were people who continued to persist through something that clearly wasn't compatible with their tastes only to still fault the show for being what it advertised itself to be from the beginning. I'm not fond of fanservice either as I usually find it to be a detractor to my enjoyment, but this show was so excessive with it and often didn't treat it as something sexually notable (aside from the first few instances and occasional moments) that ultimately it just seemed like a natural aspect of how the show worked. I guess after seeing many characters naked so many times I just felt desensitized to it all so that helped in not detracting away from the show.

The first episode was a blast and a hype inducing entrance. The episodes that followed were all right, still continuing to maintain my interest despite a plot that wasn't really appearing to go anywhere. The first two thirds of the show was of the variety that I would usually watch one or two every day and perhaps enjoy over a beer without needing to focus much, but the shift in tone in the last third to a serious plot and dark and heavy atmosphere while still maintaining its over the top hilarity/epicness and comedic heart was a very pleasant surprise.

The first half of the show did a great job in introducing the world and characters and creating an attachment with the viewer in my opinion. By the time the Naturals Election came, viewers would be behind Ryuko and her friends as she faced off against the antagonistic Elite Four. From that point, the episodes involving Ryuko’s battle with them was a shift in focus from the introduction of the characters to their growth (though mostly Ryuko’s) while simultaneously acting as the development/background episodes for the characters that would soon be joining the protagonists. In this way, when the real plot began we would have an attachment to them if we hadn’t already. However, I felt most of the Raid Trip didn’t possess much value and that most of it along with one episode’s worth could have been cut in order to make the show feel less drawn out.

The second half of the show took my impressions of how ridiculous it already was and dialed it up to 11, building and piling up twist after twist to the point where the final episode actually felt a bit lackluster in comparison to everything that had accumulated up to that point. I liked how it finally had a real plot to run with, and it was spectacular. There are certainly plotholes and many things that defied logic or a reasonable explanation, but those things had already been thrown out the window from the beginning (and anyone who didn’t so was priming themselves for disappointment) so my only expectation for this show midway through was that it be as mindblowing as it could and do so on as epic a scale as possible, and in that regard it executed magnificently. The show certainly uses many of the overused shounen tropes, but it intentionally runs with them to extreme levels and parodies them, even when things became serious. I’m not an elitist though, so I don’t have problems with “clichés”.

I found the cast to be enjoyable, but lacking. Ryuko and Satsuki are badasses and it was great to see their development and nuances. The dynamic between them maintained an aura of anticipation all the up to their eventual confrontation, after which it became touching to see the two “rivals” unite in order to eliminate an existential threat. Mako is adorable and so are her interactions with Ryuko and everyone. Ryuko and Senketsu’s interactions were often heartwarming. Aside from Ryuko, Satsuki, and Mako, none of the characters will be leaving a lasting impression on me despite being given development and heart.

The OST is sufficient and didn't really standout much to me, though Blumenkranz will remain in my head for some time along with the OP Ambiguous which already has been.

Overall, I find Kill la Kill to be an amazing anime if one can look past a few particular aspects and enjoy the show for what it is. I can understand the second half being an eyeroller to some people, but I feel the ridiculousness present in the seriousness is just a continuation of the original lighthearted ridiculousness, and that combined with the eccentric cast is where much of this show’s charm is derived from for me. The individual components (plot, characters, etc) of the show aren't the greatest by themselves, but together they managed to succeed brilliantly in the creation of something epic.

Rating: 9/10
ZeroDragonAug 19, 2015 12:05 AM
Jan 10, 2016 10:43 PM

Dec 2015
I had a great time watching this whole anime. I am glad it ended conclusively. A lot of anime lacks that. Great art, plot, pacing and fights!
Jan 11, 2016 8:10 PM

Oct 2013
Drop this series when it was airing, glad I pick it back up. IMO this series was pretty average for the first 13 episode, but after that it started to pick up, and that ending was great, the final episode was what made me bump the score from a 6 to a 7. Also everyone could have done a orgy in the end. Lol overall a good series. 7/10.
Jan 28, 2016 10:35 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome shit, it is even better after rewatching. 9/10
Feb 4, 2016 9:34 AM

Sep 2014
The whole no nipple women thing is so weird. They can be on everything else but put them on a women and it's a sin. 8/10

Add me on League of Legends: BigT - NA Server
Feb 5, 2016 12:10 AM

Jan 2016
they had a plan
they kept to that plan
they covered the plan
they made us see random
they knew what would happen
...we were fooled...

the main question I have since the moment she was introduced...
WHO IS THE BLACK CHICK!?

Feb 6, 2016 2:08 PM

Jun 2015
I almost fell asleep while watching this boring predictable episode. The show got worse after that 1 month time skip that I even stopped caring of what's happening since everything was revealed; leaving the viewer with long boring battles.
The characters are bad written, with the exception of the two sisters others were two-dimensional at best, the villains were villains because they are villainous!
I don't understand the Mako's appeal since she's just a useless comic-relief, she exist just for unfunny comedy and the overused friendship-speech cliche; which is annoying.

Some people say Kill la Kill is a parody of typical shounens but it's just like any other shounen; a story about a battle between good and evil, mixed with unique comedy that seems like a parody ; since a real parody of typical shounens would be something like Senyuu; since Kill la Kill decided to be serious anime.
4.5/10 (few OSTs were good) 5/10...it's unmemorable.
DeagoFeb 6, 2016 2:13 PM
Feb 19, 2016 2:11 AM

Jun 2015
What a ride! At first I wasn't really feeling this show but got hooked the more I watched.
:)
Feb 29, 2016 4:09 AM
Dec 2011
this is epic i love 10/10 everyone is safe poor senketsu i will remember you :3 satsuki catching her sister and ryuuko calling her sis is the moment for me :3
Mar 12, 2016 9:24 PM

Sep 2014
Senketsu :'(

Why did Satsuki have to cut her hair :(

I didn't enjoy the first 1/4 but it was so badass after I really got into it. fun fun fun
Apr 4, 2016 8:14 AM

Jun 2015
This was very beautiful but why did Senketsu have to die? Why? T_T
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 14, 2016 9:59 PM
Jul 2015
I felt like the final episode was rushed. Like it was supposed to be longer. Like a whole episode longer.

At the end of episode 23, the final suit was finally finished, and Ragyo was about to put it on. Then when episode 24 starts, the heroes are already fighting Ragyo, who has apparently already put on the outfit in between episodes. Not only that, but apparently it also swallowed up Ragyos African American follower too?

WTF? This is THE outfit. The ultimate clothing, which has been built up for several episodes now. The clothing of a god. And we dont even get to see her put it on? No transformation sequence? We have seen the other characters transform like 100 times. Its just, bam shes already wearing it, and already fighting.

Did they run out of money, or time?

Otherwise, amazing anime 9/10
Apr 18, 2016 2:42 AM
Sep 2012
Aardbark said:
I felt like the final episode was rushed. Like it was supposed to be longer. Like a whole episode longer.

At the end of episode 23, the final suit was finally finished, and Ragyo was about to put it on. Then when episode 24 starts, the heroes are already fighting Ragyo, who has apparently already put on the outfit in between episodes. Not only that, but apparently it also swallowed up Ragyos African American follower too?

WTF? This is THE outfit. The ultimate clothing, which has been built up for several episodes now. The clothing of a god. And we dont even get to see her put it on? No transformation sequence? We have seen the other characters transform like 100 times. Its just, bam shes already wearing it, and already fighting.

Did they run out of money, or time?

Otherwise, amazing anime 9/10

In episode 23, during the ending song, it gets cut off by Nui at midpoint and then it shows even more stuff to where Ragyou starts wearing the suit and absorbing Rei Hououmaru. Yeah, it's easy to miss since some people love to skip the OP/ED whenever they want.
Apr 28, 2016 2:05 AM

May 2015
A lot of pleasure to watch this anime ! I really like this style of anime.
I loved it and the end is awesome.

RIP Senketsu.. :'(
May 9, 2016 2:29 PM

Aug 2015
I don't know how i feel about this one tbh, i mean it was at the beginning but then it went downhill with the strory and especially with the characters.
I guess i'll give it 6 or 7, it was great ride overall.
May 28, 2016 1:50 PM

Dec 2010
Just rewatched it for the first time. And boy it was almost the same level of enjoyment as the one I had for the first time. I remembered all big plot twists, but there were small thing that make me happy again.

What I liked the best that you can clearly see that at the beginning of the anime Trigger had no friggin idea what they gonna do. They made it full of fanservice and action just because this was the best way to make it a new hot topic back then. CLEVER! But then, you have to admit it. They were smart enough, leaving every gate open. The perfect example was Satsuki, she was an evil one at the start but it was never truly implied she killed Ryoko`s dad or that she is truly that evil. She was just lawful evil with a place for development. She got many chances to defeat Ryoko or just to pursue her after Ryoko`s defeat but nothing of that happened. She also had some warm feelings for her Elite Four.

Actually I think that they never had detailed screenplay, just made a plot idea after episode 9-10 with Nui out of nowhere. And then every "non-big" plot development was tailored just in the week between episodes. Thanks to this we got really enjoyable plot twists and it was crazy run. Dadaistic way of creating the plot was the best part of this show.

The second evidence - we have witnessed a lot of episodes that truly could be an ending climax for the series. For example episode 3 was a long and intense fight against the main villan(at that moment). Everyone was like "WTF? Final fight right now? How they gonna develop from here?". If there was a detailed script it was simply not possible to put your climax fight at the end of the friggin episode 3. After that Ryoko had to fight against some jobbing club leaders again? And there against Elite Four. It seemed pointless, at this point Ryoko already has proven that she was capable of fighting Satsuki at full strenght. And then she learned how to use Senketsu even more and everybody was sure that we gonna get some info about Ryoko`s father. But nope. Based Trigger trolled us again. Other than that episode 12/18 got the same "ending climax" feeling. Glorious!

That was the strongest point of this show. Unpredictability. Of course it would bring nothing to the table IF the characters were badly written. But to be honest - this another strong point of this anime.

Ryoko was a typical shounen hero all the way with a lot of angst and loudness. On the other hand she got some proper charcater development so I won`t be so hard on her. Quite typical and cliche but still likeable.

Senketsu was really well made, well we are talking about piece of clothing here. He(?) was quite solicitous and compassionate about Ryoko, you can feel the chemistry between them. I felt sad when he "died" - and that is the best evidence that even though he was a clothing he was given some "soul".

Satsuki was perfect though. Top star of this show. She was portrayed as opposition of Ryoko in the first part of the show. High, cold and she never lost her control. What I loves she was quite atypical. She wasn`t screaming or saying some bullshit like most shounen bad characters. She got a lot of esteem for her people and even though she was using them she cared about them. And she knows when to call it quit. She didnt lost her composure even after getting rekt by Ragyou.
She is the character of the show because she got the most development out there. That scene on the Naked Sun when she bowed to Ryoko asking for forgiveness was well made. Also loved how Satsuki pretty much set herself up as the Boss of Naked Beach`s ship so fast. Well she was the smartest out there, especially with her strategic skills. Satsuki and Senketsu was pure win.
No wonder she was worshipped by almost everybody. And she was the only character in the show that did not get a single comedy scene or line. Guess that`s Lady Satsuki sama for ya.

Elite Four was well made, quite different and enjoyable. The worst one was Sanageyama after all which was major dissapointment after all this development he got before. They were treated more like a plot`s catalisator after the first arc but you simply cannot get enough development time for everyone. They were likeable and distinguishable.

Mako - meh, I liked her but she was overused. She was perfect in the first part, but after that was quite annoying. But I can understand she was more than needed for broader audience. And for this sole reason I respect her. The creators of this show deserved all the money they got for it, and I am pretty sure that Mako played an impactful role in it.

Ragyo - Lady Gaga owned it, the best Mama in the anime ever. She wasn`t that bad to Satsuki before coup d`etat. The incestous parts were awesome. I liked how she ended her life just by suicide. It fitted her perfectly. And she WAS fabulous - the friggin rainbow was delightful.

Nui - perfect troll character. Every thread was full with "Nui pls die, I hate her". She was a generic, cliche Evil Lolita character. An evil Mako`s counterpart. Impossible to kill her, impossible to shut her up.

Naked Beach and Tsumugu fell off pretty fast, but I never really cared for them. They were gimmick at best.

The OST was amazing, Don`t Lose Your Way(no rap version) and Blumenkranz are just hit materials. You wont forget them. The battle music was epic. The "sad" music was well made also. Totally shit on TTGL in this term.

The artstyle was a big mess and I like it. Animation could be better but this is the last thing that I would care about in a series like this. Haters gonna hate though.

I will remember this anime as pure hype. The waiting between episodes was excruciating. And on the top of that - the friggin plot twists was amazing. Beautiful. But on the other hand it was magnificient to watch it all in the two days span.

First part(12 episodes) - 7/10
Second part (13-24) - 10/10

Too bad Trigger wasted the potential, everything after KLK seems like a bland gimmicks. : ( KLK you will be missed.
Jun 8, 2016 9:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
At the end the series has yanked, on the positive, and has been dissappointed. Enjoy it, but it is overrated. 7/10.

--
Al final la serie ha dado un tirón, en lo positivo, y ha quedado buen sabor de boca. Disfrutenla, aunque está sobrevalorada.7/10.
Jun 10, 2016 2:54 PM

Dec 2013
Senketsu, nooo!!! :'((
I kind of expected this would may happen, but I really, really had hoped it wouldn't... Poor Senketsu. But Ryuko... I can't even imagine how she must have been feeling seeing Senketsu burning and disappearing before her eyes... Arghhh...
Overall it was an amazing anime with awesome characters and great OST. I was about to drop it after few minutes of the first episode, but I'm glad I didn't. It became now one of my favourite animes.

But still... Senketsu, why.... :'(((

Ok, maybe I'm pitiful, but I need to share it with someone. Later after I finished this episode I still kept thinking about Ryuko and Senketsu's last moments. I tried to imagine her feelings and... I started to cry like hell... I haven't cried like that for I don't even remember how long.
I'm too damn sensitive. Maybe it's because I'm alone :(....
kyojin_desuJun 10, 2016 3:56 PM
Jul 7, 2016 1:58 PM

May 2013
NUUUUUUUUUU, SENKETSUUUUUUUUUU ;A;

So heartwarming when Satsuki desperately ran to catch Ryuko TT^TT
Aug 1, 2016 5:21 PM

Aug 2014
I wanted to see Nui getting tortured, that bitch.

Great Ending, loved the show and its craziness.

Animation: It was fluid, detailed with so many movements. 10/10

Art: Characters design is excellent, use of colors is excellent, design of the word is excellent and appropriate. 10/10

Sounds: Voice acting is top quality, OST is great, Sounds are good, nice OP/ED songs (+) 9/10

Story: Great dialogue, pacing is good, just the story felt a bit shallow especially at the first episodes, it was somehow predictable up to episode 16. 7/10

Characters: A good variety of characters, liked most of them, however some are obnoxious and so annoying like NUI, Mako is one of the best characters ever made, SATSUKI, Ryuko and elite four were amazing, oh and that badass dude with two pieces of information. In terms of development they develop well. Overall likable characters 8.5/10

Enjoyment: Loved it. just some episodes in between 10-16 were predictable and had annoying turn of events, other than that, its amazing. 9/10

World-Building/Atmosphere: Well done. 8/10

Overall: I'm not sure about my rating here its either 8 or 9, maybe leaning towards 8 just because my 9 shows are all better than KLK imo. it could be the weakest 9 of mine as well as the strongest 8 tied with HxH and Parasyte.

My Final Score: 8.64/10

A very enjoyable ride, if i came back to it someday and liked it I will increase my score to 9.
Sep 4, 2016 4:30 PM

Aug 2016
Got a lot of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann flashbacks at the end.
What would Golgo do?
Sep 20, 2016 8:10 PM

Apr 2016
What a ravishing, good time. Aesthetically incredible and packed with dream logic, but never in a bad way. I didn't like how often Mako was used as a plot device to overcome every hiccup Ryuuko faced, but otherwise, I can't conjure up a legitimate flaw. They did what they set out to do with flying colors. 9/10

Definitely shows the growth of my taste as an anime viewer; this was one of the first series I tried to watch, and I dropped it after three episodes. Everything about its over-the-top nature put me off. Two years later, I love it. Go figure.

konrad509 said:

Ok, maybe I'm pitiful, but I need to share it with someone. Later after I finished this episode I still kept thinking about Ryuko and Senketsu's last moments. I tried to imagine her feelings and... I started to cry like hell... I haven't cried like that for I don't even remember how long.
I'm too damn sensitive. Maybe it's because I'm alone :(....

Personally I felt this series was uplifting overall, but I completely feel this. The day after I watched Welcome to the NHK, I sobbed uncontrollably. Never be ashamed of the impact art has on you. It's a beautiful thing, really. :)
Dec 16, 2016 4:26 PM

Jun 2016
Now that I've rewatched this, my dislike of the ending has slightly lessened. It's still an asspull, with those suicides and all, just less that I had previously thought.
But like everyone else has been saying, yeah, this was really rushed. Especially the Senkentsu part at the end as Ryuko and him hurled through the atmosphere.
But still, the last... 1/4? of the series (since around episode 19) has felt kinda... off. It just suddenly changed its tone, and, for that, I had to give it a lower rating. Prior to episode 19, it was a 9/10, maybe a 10/10 if they did the ending properly in this hypothetical scenario, but after the festival ended it dropped down hard. The last part is probably a 6 or 7/10 by itself (not that it was necessarily bad, just simply not that enjoyable), but because the beginning was so good, I just rated it as an 8/10.
Still, it's better than TTGL.
Feb 7, 2017 2:20 AM

Apr 2015
What an amazing ride.

I had a hard time telling myself to go to sleep while watching through this anime.

Trigger did an amazing job and should be proud.

Also that sisterly ending date really gave closure to the show.
Feb 25, 2017 8:23 AM

Jan 2010
I heard about Kill La Kill a while ago, but seeing this fanservice made me skeptical. Finally I got around to watch this and I have to say that this was great show. Pure fun and absurd. Loved the fact that it stayed that way until the end (Mako moments even in the end). Altough it sometimes got exhausting, there was (thanks God tbh) moments when show slowed down a bit.

Overall art is defenitely main aspect of the show being great. Backgrounds, animation, music all of this created great way of entertaining itself. Fights are pure fun. Absurd comedy is done great too. Characters are overall good. There are some that are really pretentious and annoying because of that. Story have it's great moments but it isn't something revolutionary. Basically 'you done something but I have another secret card and antoher 43784837 beside that one', it isn't annoying though. I mean whole world and story are parts of this show being absurd and I love it, but what I'm trying to say is that story could have been better and it feels basic. But I guess it was somehow a plan, because of that there's a lot of space for pure entertainment with comedy, art, fight etc. I guess that fanservice is also a part of this fun, but for me it's somehow annoying.

So to warp it up: Kill La Kill isn't some revoltionary milestone in anime, but it is great show anyway. Pure, fast action done in good style. This is pure fun that makes up for some (not all) pretentcious characters and annoying parts. Story is created on top of whole style and it's fits good although it isnt something ground breaking. Kill La Kill = one more time, pure fun - 8/10
Feb 26, 2017 2:30 PM

Dec 2013
I've just finished re-watching KlK and still loved it, although I missed this element of surprise as when the first time I watched it. Good thing is I was prepared for the ending and didn't cry this this time and so won't get (hope so) depressed again :P

And I still ****** love that song "Gomen ne, Iiko ja Irarenai" :D
kyojin_desuFeb 26, 2017 2:36 PM
Mar 15, 2017 6:46 AM

Dec 2015
Considering that I dropped this once for being too boring, I gotta say that the second half was immensely entertaining and epic. 9/10
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 23, 2017 1:34 PM

Dec 2012
There was a lot of monologuing, I think some of that definitely could've been left out or shortened. But all in all, this was a pretty entertaining anime!

Based on the first few episodes I thought it was going to feel like a mortal combat game until the last episode, and I actually stopped watching (all anime not just this one) as things in my real life took precedence over anime in 2014/2015. I just picked this back up and was disappointed in myself for not finishing this sooner. It picked up right after I had dropped it, the irony, hahaha

I've never seen fan service done so right before, it wasn't unbearable and weird at all, it felt right for once hahaha! The blood was another great thing about this show. And seeing two chicks go super saiyon the whole show was dope as fuck. And the comical relief was pretty entertaining too.

8/10 overall for me
Mar 26, 2017 10:47 PM

Jun 2015
Wow, what a ride of an anime. Definitely enjoyed it, I'm usually not a big fan of fanservice but this anime managed to do it in an entertaining way. Unique and nice art and character design, overall a 8/10.
Apr 18, 2017 12:58 AM
Jan 2015
8/10

Likeable cast of characters
story is a bit cliche , but is is okay enough
could have been better if Mako didn't destroy the tension too often
and I actually want Tsumugu to shine more like 4 devas , he had such a good start when introduced and is quite strong too even without ultima uniform
Pages (20) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

264 by Rhae »»
Jun 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

300 by Rhae »»
May 31, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

879 by bubba460z »»
May 31, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

337 by Kamirura »»
May 29, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

189 by Rhae »»
May 27, 1:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.