Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 6, 2019 7:14 PM
Sep 2016
KR_P said:
Siegfried10 said:

Well, Bell did "save" Welf in V8 (next arc). Probably will get skipped, you know, as everything related to Welf (poor guy). Also saved Mord, and he did saved more dudes in the expedition arc.

I'm anime only sooo....and it also hasn't 'happened'.
How did he "save" Mord; didn't they fight and then he stated respecting/helping Bell?...he has risked his life and the lives/livelihood of his friends multiple times for 'girls'.

I'm not saying any of this is 'bad' or unexpected from this type of show and it is also expected for all the other characters to be in awe of 'the special action-harem-jesus-kun' but it's just kinda weird to see real people treat the character (a slight twist on the generic harem MC) that way too.
TBH I really liked season 1 and was really excited for a sequel, maybe I'm just underwhelmed by season 2 overall and am just taking it out on Bell's (lacking) character.

Honestly, im 90% sure it will be skipped (they have skipped all of Welf backstory, it wouldnt make sense now to include that arc).

When the Goliath and the monsters appeared Bell's party went to help Mord by Bell's asking, that and the super argonaut is why he started respecting him. If anime gets farther (hopefully not) you will see him risking his life for dudes too. Its mostly girls though, in the end saving cute girls sells more than saving a dude.

Its not just you, S2 has been underwhelming. As someone who reads the novels i can say that JCS did a poor adaptation (like they have been doing recently with many other shows).

Regarding Bell, he is still indecesive and not too reliable, but is because of this story arcs that he can grow and develop (not just powerwise, but personality and motivations). In the next arc (not on this season) he improves in this aspect, and after a certain event in that arc he actually changes a lot, for good. But dont expect the guy to change complety in 2 season, which isnt even half of the series (the half is Volume 15, or season 4/5, if it ever gets one).
Sep 6, 2019 7:40 PM
Jun 2015
Siegfried10 said:
Rizki_Diablo said:
if this week episode is the end of prostitute arc then danmachi season 2 will end failure. but that make me wonder, "did they really have a plan for season 3?" because for LN reader, current episode is like the flag for season 3. it is different if they have a plan to end this season like season 1

The arc will end next week most likely, they will probably rush it so they can make an even more rushed adaptation of V8. I will pray that they never do a S3, Xenos arc is the best or second best arc with the best fight of all Danmachi, and seeing S2 it would be rushed and very underwhelming. I rather not have a S3 that they ruining THAT fight.

just make current season to 10 episode and this score will be 7. if they continue it, it will be 5 or 6. or maybe they want to do "saijaku muhai no bahamut episode 1 challenge" for the rest episode after next week
Sep 6, 2019 8:31 PM

Mar 2018
Ngl I kinda slept in.
Well then Bell plays hero for Haruhime
And Bell is immune against Ishtar's charmes.. To be expected lo

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 6, 2019 8:39 PM

Jan 2018
This was used to be my favorite vol but after seeing it in anime im quite disappointed tbh, can't wait to see Freya family destroying Ishtar family into bits and pieces.

Although I wonder if they are going to adapt vol 8 in the last 2 episodes cause novel of danmachi is quite long if u compare it to most of the other vol but whatever seems like it's gonna end up in disappointment.
Sep 6, 2019 8:45 PM
Sep 2016
Rizki_Diablo said:
Siegfried10 said:

The arc will end next week most likely, they will probably rush it so they can make an even more rushed adaptation of V8. I will pray that they never do a S3, Xenos arc is the best or second best arc with the best fight of all Danmachi, and seeing S2 it would be rushed and very underwhelming. I rather not have a S3 that they ruining THAT fight.

just make current season to 10 episode and this score will be 7. if they continue it, it will be 5 or 6. or maybe they want to do "saijaku muhai no bahamut episode 1 challenge" for the rest episode after next week

They want to do the same thing they did with Date a Live 3, 1 or 2 episodes for 1 volume. This anime was confirmed to be 12 episodes.
Sep 6, 2019 8:47 PM
Sep 2016
Congintive said:
This was used to be my favorite vol but after seeing it in anime im quite disappointed tbh, can't wait to see Freya family destroying Ishtar family into bits and pieces.

Although I wonder if they are going to adapt vol 8 in the last 2 episodes cause novel of danmachi is quite long if u compare it to most of the other vol but whatever seems like it's gonna end up in disappointment.

They are,they will probably skip most of the short stories and focus on the Hestia and Ais one. I just want to see if they will skip the one eyed black dragon... again.
Sep 6, 2019 9:25 PM

Oct 2015
It was obvious Bell would risk a war for Haruhime, don't know why they dragged it so long as if it was not written in stone.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 6, 2019 9:41 PM
Jan 2016
Obvious Bell and Mikoto would decide to save Harihime!

Their plan was pretty amusing! And Mikoto shined in this episode, and her last spell was awesome, divine purification!

Haruhime and Mikoto moments was really sad, i almost cried!

Bell never disapoints, so he is imune to Ishtar's charm!

As i said last week, Aisha with her reactions, i think she believes that bell will save her! And i am like her even more, lets hope for that be true!
Sep 6, 2019 11:00 PM

May 2018
Seems like Freya familia going to crash in. Can't wait what they plan to do.

Lelouch0202 said:
Honestly, the thing I most interested in this arc right now is what kind of move Freya plans to make.

Yeah, without Freya familia this arc seems average and boring.
Sep 6, 2019 11:25 PM
Oct 2007
Still pretty intense despite being cliche and animation meh. Bell's fireball spell once again reminds me of D1 PVP where as a mage the highest skill level back then was just teleport and firebolt, repeat and rinse with fastest fingers win.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2019 11:30 PM

Oct 2017
Really loved watching Mikoto in this episode, thou it's all upto Bell now. Luckily the crystal broke so Haruhime is safe for the time being and looks like Freya is gonna do smthng too.
Sep 6, 2019 11:31 PM

Feb 2016
Siegfried10 said:
KR_P said:

I'm anime only sooo....and it also hasn't 'happened'.
How did he "save" Mord; didn't they fight and then he stated respecting/helping Bell?...he has risked his life and the lives/livelihood of his friends multiple times for 'girls'.

I'm not saying any of this is 'bad' or unexpected from this type of show and it is also expected for all the other characters to be in awe of 'the special action-harem-jesus-kun' but it's just kinda weird to see real people treat the character (a slight twist on the generic harem MC) that way too.
TBH I really liked season 1 and was really excited for a sequel, maybe I'm just underwhelmed by season 2 overall and am just taking it out on Bell's (lacking) character.

Honestly, im 90% sure it will be skipped (they have skipped all of Welf backstory, it wouldnt make sense now to include that arc).

When the Goliath and the monsters appeared Bell's party went to help Mord by Bell's asking, that and the super argonaut is why he started respecting him. If anime gets farther (hopefully not) you will see him risking his life for dudes too. Its mostly girls though, in the end saving cute girls sells more than saving a dude.

Its not just you, S2 has been underwhelming. As someone who reads the novels i can say that JCS did a poor adaptation (like they have been doing recently with many other shows).

Regarding Bell, he is still indecesive and not too reliable, but is because of this story arcs that he can grow and develop (not just powerwise, but personality and motivations). In the next arc (not on this season) he improves in this aspect, and after a certain event in that arc he actually changes a lot, for good. But dont expect the guy to change complety in 2 season, which isnt even half of the series (the half is Volume 15, or season 4/5, if it ever gets one).

From what you are saying; it seems this adaption is pretty bad (and it's not just the source).
Meh...what's an anime only guy to do, I watch AniNews's Cut Content; hopefully it will bridge the gap a bit for me.
Sep 7, 2019 1:39 AM
Nov 2016
In season 1, when Bell fought the minotaur, his status was already showing on his back. But here, Ishtar's follower had to use status thief. Anyone who reads the light novels able to tell me what changed?
Sep 7, 2019 2:04 AM

Aug 2013
Who knew that density as an anime protagonist in an ecchi harem would be the ultimate thot repellent?
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 7, 2019 5:56 AM
Mar 2019
It was really epic :D ; Can't wait for the episode 10
Sep 7, 2019 10:29 AM
Apr 2018
redwhitenblue said:
In season 1, when Bell fought the minotaur, his status was already showing on his back. But here, Ishtar's follower had to use status thief. Anyone who reads the light novels able to tell me what changed?

Nothing,this was a error from the anime.
In the LN Tammuz didnt use status thief since Bell's status wasnt locked like the other familia members.
If you are asking yourself why Hestia hasn't locked bell's status it's because when she lived with hephestus the latter tried to teach hestia about the method to lock a status but hestia was a slacker therefore she didnt learn it.
Despite being a good episode (-animation) they made a lot of logical errors.
Sep 7, 2019 11:33 AM
Nov 2016
Blaze35 said:
redwhitenblue said:

Nothing,this was a error from the anime.
In the LN Tammuz didnt use status thief since Bell's status wasnt locked like the other familia members.
If you are asking yourself why Hestia hasn't locked bell's status it's because when she lived with hephestus the latter tried to teach hestia about the method to lock a status but hestia was a slacker therefore she didnt learn it.
Despite being a good episode (-animation) they made a lot of logical errors.

Thank you for the reply.
Sep 7, 2019 12:30 PM
Jul 2016
After this arc is when things really start to pickup
-Every fanboy/fangirl in denial
Sep 7, 2019 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
So Aisha destroyed the first stone and she got tortured by that ugly titan (even tho titans are lookin better than her) and charmed by ishtar and now they got another stone.
Aisha is the real MVP here.
Sep 7, 2019 2:46 PM
Jan 2013
Katsu-kun said:
Gosh, this is worse than the spinoff series..

Great!

Another one that didnt understand anything about the arc
Sep 7, 2019 2:49 PM
Jan 2013
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Where the f*ck is my RPG-Comedy with a touch of romance? What is this retarded Martie Sue drama shit?

If you dont understand the story and why this arc its so important for Bell development , then stop watching

You DO NOT deserve to watch Danmachi

Sep 7, 2019 2:49 PM
Jan 2013
Ded5 said:
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Where the f*ck is my RPG-Comedy with a touch of romance? What is this retarded Martie Sue drama shit?

Jesus christ, this x 1000. I'm pretty much only watching this since i enjoyed season 1 and somehow still had some hope at the start.
And what the fuck is this pacing, the familia wars shit ended in 2 episodes but now we're getting cliffhanger after cliffhanger of some princess plot that I doubt many care about. Saving the cute anime girl can only hold as a plot point for so long.

If you dont understand the story and why this arc its so important for Bell development , then stop watching

You DO NOT deserve to watch Danmachi
Sep 7, 2019 2:51 PM
Jan 2013
ItsBritneyBitch said:

Just stop watching

You have problems understanding things I suppose
Sep 7, 2019 5:10 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was pure hype. I just hope the next one won’t let it down. And I hope they won’t rush the upcoming battle.
Sep 8, 2019 1:17 AM

Oct 2014
well, at least I got good music. The rest is just the usual chaotic mess you get from rushing
Sep 8, 2019 1:32 AM

Oct 2008
nice assist there by Mikoto and Bell of course your faiabolto was fun! and also you saved haruhime in the nick of time!
4/5.

Sep 8, 2019 3:06 AM
Sep 2019
I dislike the racent episodes. I wish we could've seen more lvling up in the dungeon instead of this brothel arc. Mikoto was nice in this episode though.
Sep 8, 2019 4:21 AM

Apr 2018
Freya should just form an alliance with Hestia to defeat Ishtar. Well, looks like they don't need to since the killing stone has been destroyed
Sep 8, 2019 8:53 AM
Nov 2018
Every otaku's dream: A broken-bird shy prostitute who is ashamed of herself, and who would therefore be grateful to the guy simply for being nice to her. Which means he doesn't have to have any other quality traits.

On the other hand, Guy Who Gets Girls Simply By Being Nice is pretty much half of anime.
Sep 8, 2019 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
The firebolt spell is getting kinda old... and I wish Bell would've at least taken in the free view. It's kinda strange how the lvl 4 bodyguard just let him get away so easily.
Sep 8, 2019 9:33 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty messy episode for the most part, with the only real aspect of interest being what the Freya familia is going to do in response to all of this and how this will affect Bell's efforts to save Haruhime.
Sep 8, 2019 10:02 AM
Nov 2017
@xeco

Explain what I have to understand from this poor adaptation then, don't just spew crap. This anime is so watered down that as an anime-only viewer it's very plain and almost boring. Bell might get more development in the original works, but this anime so far just has an unoriginal "save the princess" plot.
Sep 8, 2019 10:24 AM
Sep 2016
KR_P said:
Siegfried10 said:

From what you are saying; it seems this adaption is pretty bad (and it's not just the source).
Meh...what's an anime only guy to do, I watch AniNews's Cut Content; hopefully it will bridge the gap a bit for me.

You can also check this out

https://www.reddit.com/r/DanMachi/comments/d1b4sp/crosspost_is_it_wrong_to_pick_up_girls_in_a/

Skipped and changed things.
Sep 8, 2019 12:59 PM
Jul 2016
xeco said:
ItsBritneyBitch said:

Just stop watching

You have problems understanding things I suppose

Gosh darn it, you really got me there
Sep 8, 2019 3:09 PM
Mar 2015
Lets hear it for the boy
Sep 8, 2019 3:28 PM
Mar 2019
xeco said:
Katsu-kun said:
Gosh, this is worse than the spinoff series..

Great!

Another one that didnt understand anything about the arc

Or another one that thinks it was poorly adapted or just poorly narrated. Cause it was very drawn out, very dull and rather repetitive. I'm pretty sure it could have been done a lot better than how it was done cause the point of the arc, is completely lost as it is
Sep 8, 2019 4:02 PM

Jul 2017
Bell just got riddled out by Aisha about his ambition to save Haruhime from the sacrifice to the Killing Stone. Honestly, up to this point, the vision of Bell in me is reverted back to his Season 1 self where he has to rescue someone again, and lament about the same issues, just add more people to worry in the mix.

All this time, Ishtar has only set her focus to dispose Haruhime for the power to defeat Freya, the one that has been watching Bell grow all this time by giving him challenge after challenge in Season 1. That seems a long time to put action into words then...

Despite all the troubles, they manage to finish the ritual by destroying the stone, that is not doing more favours for an anticipated story arc.

I swear this Haruhime arc is just dragged on for too long, while the other arcs in the beginning were resolved too quick.
Sep 8, 2019 8:17 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was spectacular! wow! This season is so freaking awesome! I'm so glad that did a 2nd one!

One of that scenes that they showed had a lot of scouts/troops, does it mean that all guilds plan to use this breach to attack and retake the control over the city? I really hope that's the case!!

It was more than expected that Bell wasn't gonna get charmed by her, but now i wonder if she got what is his skill. If Haruhime can join their Familia that would be so good!

Bell and Mikoto were so badass! They did so much only by themselves.

I wonder if Freya will do something now. Can't wait for the next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 9, 2019 12:17 PM

May 2018
Finally we got some Bell and Mikoto vs Ishtar Familia, loved Ishtar's surprised face after her charm doesn't work on Bell, it was a funny one. Mikoto is one of the coolest girl now, and good job on both of them succeeding on saving Haruhime. I hope we can see Freya in action, but then if possible a war game of Freya.

Sep 9, 2019 2:20 PM

Dec 2014
Haruhime saving and what not...thrilling episode
Sep 9, 2019 2:35 PM

Jan 2011
Just because of the great season 1 I am still watching this... but this season went past the meh line... maybe time to drop it...
Sep 9, 2019 5:15 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Afrian_Patria said:
is it only fireboll cranel style, it's really disappointing why cranel's strength is weaker than season 1. compared to the action genre danmachi is more to the echi romance genre that has a lot of funservis, rather than epick battles

I agree with you, I thought season 2 would be more entertaining than this the writing is so bad and the inconstancy of the art/animation is bad as well bell as a character runs in circles he shows growth and afterwards he goes back to where he was also I'm wondering why people aren't bothered by the fact that everyone treats bell like some 5 year old he is man enough to go into a dungeon and kill monsters, Japans problem of how you make their main characters grow without having them revet back to afterwards annoy me greatly

Sep 9, 2019 11:20 PM
Mar 2011
>previous episode
"omagash 4 of us together cant fight sluts cause dey are strongest warriors on the land"
>dis ep
singlehandedly kills a dozens of em with single FAYABOL'TO.

Desu ex machina level almost as suffocating as in To Aru Majutsu no Index (but Index is still worse, in spite of whiny loser "FSNA" who lost its standing "most unwatchable series", To Aru's title "A series where u want a main Ordinary Japanese Schoolboy just cease to exist" are unshakable)

I did not understand a meaning of this shitty story. I mean Furry-gal are fine to be butchered, let the sluts have it. They prove they are completely supperior to white imbecile and his friends (a cople of them are capable of stoping 2 whole familias at the gate). Do u really wana enrage them? ... oh wait. imBellcile have -4 with single spell (blizzard, plz, nerf mages crits).

There should be a plenty of other slave-prostitutes in the district and no one gives a fuck when they suffer or die. Go buy your own furry slut and treat her like a princess whatever u want.

Thats not heroic, thats not romantic. This is just dumb at point it becomes boring.

"The death of one is a tragedy, the death of millions is just statistics"
phoenixdeviceSep 9, 2019 11:24 PM
Sep 10, 2019 8:40 AM
Jan 2018
Afrian_Patria said:
is it only fireboll cranel style, it's really disappointing why cranel's strength is weaker than season 1. compared to the action genre danmachi is more to the echi romance genre that has a lot of funservis, rather than epick battles

He was the same level then he was in season 1 lol. ( Level 2) That Argonaut attack he used agisnt the golith dosnt make his stats and level magically go up. It's just a one charged shot.

Is obvious he would be weaker there's alot adventures who are higher level then he is still. Everyone that he has come up agisnt this season are (apart from the background adventures which are between level 1-3) either level 3 or level 4 or 5 . With aisha being a high end level 3 but was boosted to level 4. And the 4 or 5 being the ones he faced has a low level 3
Sep 11, 2019 4:34 AM

Mar 2011
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:

Go watch any other generic fantasy anime, the drama is the best bit of this show. The romance is just enough to keep the characters interesting without being a cliche herem.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 11, 2019 7:47 AM

Jan 2018
I seriously never expected for her to use purification ray on prostitutes lmaoooo, bitches got purified
Sep 11, 2019 10:22 AM

May 2015
Much drama, such wow.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 11, 2019 9:21 PM
Jan 2019
An exciting episode. Bell and Mikoto, although they risked their family, the Hestia family, decided to save Haruhime as a hero and hero, they were true to their principles. I am glad that they were intelligent and will opt for the most obvious solution to stop the ritual, destroy the stone of death.
Now, the Ishtar family is in serious trouble, will go to war against the Hestia family, the Takemikazuchi family, and the Freya family, who are already in the territory of the Ishtar family, ready to attack. I am crazy excited.
I didn't remember it, but I thought it was great to be told more about "Realis phrase", the power of Bell. If it wasn't for that, Bell would have succumbed to the charms of the Ishtar, and lost his chastity, I mean, he would have been raped, hahaha.

Bell and Mikoto are great: ').
Sep 13, 2019 5:30 AM

Aug 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Honestly, the thing I most interested in this arc right now is what kind of move Freya plans to make.

Yeah, they baited hard Freya's familia preemptive strike against Ishtar, can't wait for that in next episode. I hope.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2019 8:43 AM
Jul 2019
Well then it looks like Heastia, did put a spell on Bell where Istar's spell doesn't work.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

139 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.