Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2019 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
Can just agree with most that the anime really elevated the best aspects of Golden Wind. Without a doubt one of the best things to watch during the last months and I can't wait for the next parts.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 28, 2019 1:16 PM

Dec 2014
Is it me but apart from the boss death...the episodes seem useless
Jul 28, 2019 1:17 PM
Jan 2016
Throughout the series we saw how the group (favored by the plot of course) was fighting during the road, and how hard it was supposed to be to reach the goal to the point some of them even died in the process. Now you can imagine how all that was completely destroyed in this last episode.
Jul 28, 2019 1:20 PM

Jan 2012
I am really curious if Giorno appears ever again in another part of jojo
Jul 28, 2019 1:29 PM

Mar 2018
DekuHero said:

I enjoyed it overall but thought that Rolling Stone was completely unnecessary, why do we need to know that Bucciarati, Abbacchio and Narancia were fated to die all along? The impacts of their deaths can speak for themselves, if anything the way it tries to add extra importance to their deaths almost ends up cheapening them.

We only know that Bruno was fated to die. The theory is if the stone breaks, fate can be changed. If you believe in the theory, then Mista saving Bruno changed fate thus causing the death of both Abbacchio and Narancia. Fate is peak Jojo lore, and Rolling Stone is there as an interesting tid-bit mostly to make the overall message more clear.

Just because fate is determined doesn't mean it can't all lead to a greater good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2019 1:33 PM

Apr 2018
What a series, Jojo part 5 was pretty good. Following Giorno and the gang to defeat Diavlo. It's great to see Polnareff and Trish and Mista one last time before this series ends. 10/10. Giorno in that black suit tho
Jul 28, 2019 1:36 PM

Jan 2015
*hmph* *hmph*.................. Part 6 when?
Jul 28, 2019 1:44 PM

Sep 2014
I didn't particularly like this finale, it felt lacking compared to previous ones, adding what felt like a filler story at the very end, rather than having a thorough conclusion and wrap up. Just felt kinda tacked on than really adding to the ending itself.

Overall, the series is still good, though not my favorite of the ones released so far. Stardust Crusaders is definitely my favorite still.
Jul 28, 2019 1:46 PM

Aug 2018
So that was a thing...I guess.

No emotional impact throughout the series, I felt nothing when the characters died. Risotto was the one I mourned the most and only because he was so painfully underutilised, we see his stand for one episode and bam - ded.

No scenes of Trish and Mista mourning over the loss of Buciaratti, Giorno's OP stand pretty much grants him instant victory so everyone is off to suck his dick now instead of Diavolo's (who was one of the weakest antagonists I've met so far, Doppio was much more interesting and funny), Trish just vanishes into nothingness and her stand got used like twice.
Felt like a lot of build-up and no payoff. I don't know, not a fan, enjoyed part 4 much more. Shigechi's death was kind of a highlight when it came to the tear-jerk-factor.

Didn't connect to any of the characters, Fugo just...leaves and is never brought up again, Giorno doesn't have the edgy-cool factor of Jotaro or the charme and weird I mean great hairstyle of Josuke, the rest of the cast is also flat and lifeless.

6/10, definitely enjoyed this one the least.
Jul 28, 2019 1:46 PM

Mar 2013
Worst Jojo part IMO 'till now. Is not hate... I liked a lot of stuff in this but I just feel that the other parts were way better.

Nice Dio Brando reference in the OP, though.

Jul 28, 2019 2:00 PM

Oct 2018
Bravo, just bravo. Rolling Stones is definitely one of my favorite fights in Jojo.
This part has so many great fights, including Mista and Bruno vs Prosciutto and Pesci
It had such a good cast, both for good guys and villains (Prosciutto and Bruno are my fav), I loved it
10/10.
Also, Rolling Stones -> Prophecy Stones
Jul 28, 2019 2:01 PM

Oct 2018
Finale was a bit underwhelming. Regardless I enjoyed part 5 a lot. Definitely my favorite animated part so far. You could feel all the love DP has put into this adaption. I hope part 6 gets the same treatment because it is my favourite part.
Jul 28, 2019 2:06 PM

Mar 2014
heh, the Prophecy Stone is at the bottom of the ending's statue. It looks silly xD

It's finally over! An amazing journey although the first episodes were kinda boring (also strange that Giorno was a thief/swindle only during those episodes) but in the moment that Bucciarati became Capo, uff, the rest of the episodes became a train with not breaks! Now we just need part 6 to bring an end to the.. hum.. Dio saga? Jotaro trilogy? ZA WARUDO?! Ok just a release date pls.
Jul 28, 2019 2:21 PM

Aug 2014
Nice ride, I enjoyed the show, didnt like the last few episodes as much as the beginning and middle arcs.
Good show overall.

Hope they continue the series.

7.5/10
Jul 28, 2019 2:27 PM

Jul 2015
So when was Part 5 supposedly getting bad? I remember reading quite a lot of complains about this being a weak entry, and all I got was a crazy fun ride from start to end.

Very solid small arc to give extra love for the cast and what the future awaits them, seeing Giorno as the boss now in the after credits was godlike.

9.5/10 from my part, this might actually be the most consistently great entry of the franchise so far IMO, although 2 (from what I remember) and 4 had greater highs (3 as well but with weak parts dragging it down a bit), I can't really choose between 2,4 and 5 for my favorite, they are all so great.

Well, time for another long and painful wait for the next part to get adapted q_q
Jul 28, 2019 3:02 PM

Jun 2014
Well, I had to change my score from a 9/10 to an 8. I think the series suffered a bit because of the somewhat weak transition between episode 37 and 38, killing off most of the momentum the season worked so hard to build. But, I'm sure if you were viewing the last 3 episodes in one go, the pacing would feel substantially less awkward.

I suppose there's really no 'proper' way to adapt the final scene, and still work Sleeping Slaves into the story somewhere, because it does build onto characters. In my opinion, that mini-arc may have worked better as an OVA, but who knows? Maybe this really is the best way to end the series.

As a manga reader, I'm still overall very happy with this adaptation. DP is definitely improving on animation quality and consistency. You can't be too upset.

Still my favorite part.
Magenta-MagicJul 28, 2019 3:05 PM

There's no such thing as a "man of culture", you are a COOMER.
Go outside.
Jul 28, 2019 3:04 PM

Jun 2016
Best JoJo part for me I'm going to miss this show.

Poor Diavolo infinite death is worse than having Cancer.
Jul 28, 2019 3:08 PM

Jul 2012
In the end, Bruno couldn't change his fate :(

But hats off to DP for a very good adaptation. Part 5 was quite enjoyable.
Jul 28, 2019 3:10 PM

Jun 2016
gonna miss the gang gang
giorno after the credits tho omg GANGSTAR
Jul 28, 2019 3:28 PM
May 2016
this season was crazy dude....
Jul 28, 2019 4:04 PM
May 2016
God. That was just pure and utter brilliance. They elevated this arc so much in my eyes with this adaptation, I admit the finale was always a weird one and Rolling Stones did feel kind of out of place the first time I read part 5, but man everything felt really well done and I got far more enjoyment from the great animation, the top-tier voice acting and especially the OST. They knocked it out of the park yet again with these final eps. Diavolo's fate was so terrifying to witness, it's always amazing seeing DP go all-out on the villain's final moments lately and this one was just genuinely terrifying to see. Even if Diavolo was a scumbag, that's still one hell of a way to not-go out.

Sleeping Slaves always felt weird to me in the manga but somehow it didn't feel at all like it was a sudden flashback ep, it mixed with the entire finale so damn well and when the focus switched and we got to find out it was taking just before Bruno's first meeting with Giorno I got heavily invested. Loved how well it capped off the themes of the part too, and fuck ME the final bit showing just what the OP was showing us the whole time but with full context was top notch. Mista and especially Don Giorno looked top-fucking-notch.

I'm not surprised at the slightest at how many people are complaining the finale wasn't an epic showdown between the protagonist and antagonist for the 5th time, but I feel like this is what gives part 5 so much of it's uniqueness as a manga and just how it's so easily able to stand out now even with it being more than 2 decades old. I honestly really liked the unique approach to the finale, instead of your typical protags vs main baddie fight it felt genuinely tense and unexpected whatever was going to happen next thanks to SCR being used as a last-ditch effort from Polnareff. There were so many twists, turns and mindgames in the race for the arrow that I didn't feel like it was lacking as a finale in the slightest, the tension was perfectly handled and the losses were perfectly done too, it felt like the payoff with Gold Experience Requiem was exactly what Jotaro stopping time should've been in terms of execution, it didn't at all feel like an asspull and imo felt incredibly satisfying to see such a dramatic turn of events in the group's favor for once because of how much Diavolo was so easily able to wittle down their numbers. I feel like part 5 ending on a more thematic conclusion completely furthers the part's own unique identity and, imo, it was executed very well because of how different Araki's style of writing for the series really becomes with this part onwards in a lot of ways. Which really just makes me more than excited to see DP handle future parts of the series, if they made me appreciate part 5 to the point where it's my favorite in the series in terms of adaptations I can't wait to see how they'll handle the most underrated part in the series coming next.

Great job DP, yet again, they just keep getting better with each part. Stone Ocean will be amazing, I can already bet.
ModernoirJul 28, 2019 4:16 PM
Jul 28, 2019 4:05 PM

Jun 2015
Great season as always from JoJo. Part 4 remains my favorite so far but part 5 had a good cast, especially Mista, and the best fights so far with the best stands so far. Risotto vs Doppio was one of the highlights in the fights department. And oh god, Giorno became a god at the end, a mafia boss god. Pretty cool. 8/10 overall. Now let's play the wait game for part 6
Fortune favours the bold!

Jul 28, 2019 4:12 PM

Oct 2015
I actually liked the ending thematically. It served as a good reminder of the part 5 crew and the journey and sacrifices they made. There was a great orchestral arrange of Giorno's theme near the end too.

Probably my second favourite part of the parts I've experienced so far.
Jul 28, 2019 4:33 PM
Nov 2018
The Rolling Stones part was a strange transition at first, it everything came full circle. By far my favorite jojo part, Giorno in black was dope! Now for part 6!
Jul 28, 2019 4:53 PM
Oct 2014
Dude this series finale was really a thrill, finally the rolling stones arc, the format of the episode I disliked, seemed rushed, didn't make justice to a jojo ending, but I liked so far... The infinite deaths of Diavolo is a cruelty only a true son of DIO can do... Giorno grew to be my favorite JoJo. And boy what a stand Gold Experience Requiem is, Darn OP to say the least, I'm already missing this show so much...
Jul 28, 2019 5:36 PM

Dec 2013
I'm glad MVP Mista managed to survive, dude was basically the reason the gang would accomplish anything, and Trish was finally able to laugh, and matured with the journey, but like always the cycle of no JoJo Fridays starts all over again T-T
Jul 28, 2019 5:39 PM

Apr 2009
Diavolo vs Risotto was the actual boss fight. Diavolo wishes he died there.

Best part for me. I thought of reading through Part 6 but DP did such an amazing job I am going to wait. I am glad I didn’t know about the stone arc.

100/10
Jul 28, 2019 5:40 PM

Aug 2016
Jojo is a series that for how much I enjoy it (and I really do enjoy it a lot), it always seems to miss that something to make it a 10/10 for me. In the case of Vento Aureo, though, it's the animated part that went the closest to it. The Rolling Stone arc was handled perfeclty, the themes presented and how it was done made me very emotional and inspired, also thanks to the amazing score. I also love how DP managed to do Giorno justice with all his badass shots (the last opening, orgasmic!!!). All in all, the anime is an improvement to an already great manga. This is really an inspiring story.
Jul 28, 2019 5:58 PM
Feb 2016
Is this a coincidence or am just I tripping cuz the painting in the background reminds me of this dood.

Jul 28, 2019 6:07 PM

Oct 2016
I'm gonna miss those little pistols.
I didn't like the final fight as much as part 1-4's final fights, but I think the way they ended the series was really great, even if it wasn't on an action-packed note.
Diavolo was a jerk, and he's paying for it with what is pretty much a Hell.
That last shot with Giorno becoming Capo was top-notch.
Also that Opening was God-tier.
It's going to be a long wait for part 6. I'm gonna start reading the manga.

Jul 28, 2019 8:40 PM

Nov 2015
So Narancia's and Abaccio's deaths were because of Mista?
can't blame him , but this was so tragic honestly

And damn , here I thought Kars had the worst Villain end , but it was actually Diavlo , he will just die again and again for eternity
Jul 28, 2019 8:42 PM

Oct 2009
Its over..

Honestly though, that was one of the weirdest and strangely such a good ending though..
Giorno looks dam fine in black though!

Well to start off, I wasn’t really feeling this part in the beginning. I was starting to think this was the weakest yet. But really grew to love this so much, partly due to DP’s direction.
Sure, the villain and many of the cast was the weakest yet but they all came together very beautifully. Gotta give props to Araki-sensei for being able to make each part feel unique and different.
Anyway the coming months without JoJo is gonna be hard :(

Time for another Part 6 never!

Very biased but 10/10!
Jul 28, 2019 9:29 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, I hate Rolling Stones. Singlehandedly dropped this past Stardust to be my least favorite JoJo Part
Jul 28, 2019 9:32 PM

Oct 2015
Did Bucciarati really die or what with that ending?? Weren't Giorno and the gang going to heal his wounds? What's up with ending the story with a flashback, that was odd and a bit out of place! Oh well, I still loved nonetheless.

Diavolo was the best villain ever. I see Mista and Trish have gotten close, I smell a bit if romance there! Giorno looked great in that chair, I guess he's the new honcho now. Congrats to you!

Overall this was enjoyable, it made my Fridays a blast! 9/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 28, 2019 10:22 PM

Oct 2017
Well its been a long journey and it ends today. Gonna miss this a lot and hope part 6 comes out asap.
Jul 28, 2019 11:22 PM

Feb 2017
Oh shoot I just notice Giorno did the DIO pose in the opening. The flashback was as good as I remember and I like the color schemes in the end. Now the wait for Part 6 anime waits.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jul 29, 2019 12:30 AM

Oct 2012
Love the ending, just like manga
Giorno looks pretty cool with black

Now Jolyne time? Best Jojo girl, because she's the only Jojo girl xD
Looking forward for part 6 once DP reap the profits
Rayl1ghtJul 29, 2019 12:45 AM
"Signature removed"
Jul 29, 2019 12:41 AM

Nov 2011
It was truly a roundabout journey, arigato David Pro.

Jul 29, 2019 2:00 AM
Jun 2019
i love part V so much. man this whole part has been a ride and i can honestly say this is my favorite part out of the 5 currently animated. my order is 5, Battle in Egypt, DiU, Battle Tendency/Stardust Crusaders s1/Phantom Blood but by no means were any parts bad. Part 5 had that mafia plot that i personally loved and it was really well animated!Also a big fan of La Squadra & the Boss’ Guard & i LOVE every member of team Bucciarati. i for one am someone who loved the ending as well. no need for a huge final battle when your stand is basically Jesus and it just one sidedly slaughters the villain who is “busted”. Sleeping Slaves added a whole lot of context and it was really cool seeing a prequel intertwine with the ending. those are my thoughts (: very strong season imo
Jul 29, 2019 2:10 AM
Jun 2019
lihle808 said:
Did Bucciarati really die or what with that ending?? Weren't Giorno and the gang going to heal his wounds? What's up with ending the story with a flashback, that was odd and a bit out of place! Oh well, I still loved nonetheless.

Diavolo was the best villain ever. I see Mista and Trish have gotten close, I smell a bit if romance there! Giorno looked great in that chair, I guess he's the new honcho now. Congrats to you!

Overall this was enjoyable, it made my Fridays a blast! 9/10

yes bucciarati is dead. he died with a donut in his chest (and a karate chop through his chest) but GE, along with his resolve, thrusted Bruno’s soul back into his body which starts to decompose as they head for Rome. the Sleeping Slaves arc shows that Bucciarati was always fated to die (with 3 gunshot wounds to the chest [haha rip doppio] i believe). flash forward to present day, i wish when Mista saw Rolling Stones again it would’ve clicked on his head that he “killed bruno” & he couldn’t go against fate. i assume they just go to the colosseum, find him dead & the others mourn/ have a funeral for the fallen later on
Jul 29, 2019 2:33 AM

May 2018
kofmaster said:
3/10, what an awful ending... damn... I was expecting something different...

I, Giorno Giovanna, beg to differ
Jul 29, 2019 2:46 AM
Mar 2019
Amazing to say the least. 10/10 for this anime! (I've come to finally realize Jojo has really surpassed my past favorite animes.)

As someone who has not read any of the manga yet, I hope Part 6 will be just as incredible as Part 5 was!

(Now I'm going to go into detail of what I personally thought of the ending and the anime in general)

Anyways, I didn't know how to handle my emotions for this ending. Whether to be disappointed, saddened that it's over, or just awestruck at the journey this took me through. I was doing some more soul searching and research into the show and was enlightened that this whole godamn arc's theme is fate. FATE. That's when it clicked, this is why they showed the Rolling Stones arc.

All for the seemingly pointless, yet significant fight against the chains of fate.

I've seen many interpretations of Mista's actions towards the rock and how some say it meaninglessly caused the death of Abbachio and Narancia as well, but to me, it seems that Mista's actions may not have changed anything at all.

As quoted by Scolippi of Michelangelo, "Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it." Perhaps that is what Mista merely did, him grinding Roilling Stones against the building, or him shooting the damn thing didn't necessarily cause Bucciarati, Abbacchio, or Narancia to die, it was already fated to happen. All Mista did, like a sculptor, was divine an already set fate from the rock.

Fugo, my goodness. I was waiting for him to pull a Deus Ex and miraculously show up at some point later on in the anime to save the gang, but nope! I was surprised and initially disappointed by his lack of appearance and utilization. Then I realized that not all stories can come with the common trope of everyone being loyal to the point of sacrificing themselves for a character or a purpose. Not all stories tell of the realistic view that not everyone can throw everything away/sacrifice themselves for a righteous purpose. Not everyone can be brave. There will always be cowards in the world, and it is understandably so.

Fugo is FAR from a coward, let me make that clear. But when faced with a very possible death and a seemingly insurmountable foe, not everyone is willing to risk their lives. Just like in the real world, not everyone is willing to fight for what is truly right, and I believe that Fugo was meant to represent this in the anime, that even with an indomitable stand like Purple Haze, choosing not to fight is brave in it's own way, despite it being seen as shameless or cowardic to others. (I have heard that Araki planned for Fugo to betray the gang, but to me, this interpretation of Fugo adds more to his character.)

So, what was the point in all this? Of Fugo abandoning the group, of Narancia, Abbacchio, and Bucciarati fated to die from the very beginning, what was the point in all this?

Was this some sort of nihilistic approach that no matter what you do, nothing will change? To some, maybe. And even that adds an artistic value in its own way.

But to me, someone that loathes the common cliche of a happy ending, their struggle was not pointless. This truly was a testament to the saying, "Would you rather live on your knees, or die on your feet?" But perhaps that struggle, the fight towards a righteous cause may not lead to just meaningless death, but the chance for a future better than the ones they experienced.

Truly, this show is not just a requiem for the fallen, but perhaps a victory in the message that although fate may be set in stone, the will of those strong enough can grasp for something better, a brighter future...

RULED BY DIO! *cue Dio theme*

sidenote: Can't wait for the Part 6 adaptation and will try and force myself to not read Part 6 yet. Also will look into Purple Haze Feedback to see if it's just as good as ya'll say! Cheers and I'll see you guys again when Part 6 comes!

Jul 29, 2019 4:03 AM

Oct 2013
Diavolo's situation reminds me of izanami/Kabuto.

I also got the taste of Reservoir Dogs in the conversation. (Tip and Meat)
Quentin Tarantino reference :P
BaryshxJul 29, 2019 4:12 AM
Jul 29, 2019 4:13 AM

Jul 2016
So am I the only one disappointing in this ending?

All seems so anti-climactic.

Where is Fugo?
Jul 29, 2019 5:11 AM
Aug 2018
Man what a journey! Part 5 is probably the best adaptation ive seen so far..but it didnt give a clue about part 6 though(just like part 4)
Jul 29, 2019 5:36 AM
Mar 2018
noodlesRawsome24 said:
Amazing to say the least. 10/10 for this anime! (I've come to finally realize Jojo has really surpassed my past favorite animes.)

As someone who has not read any of the manga yet, I hope Part 6 will be just as incredible as Part 5 was!

(Now I'm going to go into detail of what I personally thought of the ending and the anime in general)

Anyways, I didn't know how to handle my emotions for this ending. Whether to be disappointed, saddened that it's over, or just awestruck at the journey this took me through. I was doing some more soul searching and research into the show and was enlightened that this whole godamn arc's theme is fate. FATE. That's when it clicked, this is why they showed the Rolling Stones arc.

All for the seemingly pointless, yet significant fight against the chains of fate.

I've seen many interpretations of Mista's actions towards the rock and how some say it meaninglessly caused the death of Abbachio and Narancia as well, but to me, it seems that Mista's actions may not have changed anything at all.

As quoted by Scolippi of Michelangelo, "Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it." Perhaps that is what Mista merely did, him grinding Roilling Stones against the building, or him shooting the damn thing didn't necessarily cause Bucciarati, Abbacchio, or Narancia to die, it was already fated to happen. All Mista did, like a sculptor, was divine an already set fate from the rock.

Fugo, my goodness. I was waiting for him to pull a Deus Ex and miraculously show up at some point later on in the anime to save the gang, but nope! I was surprised and initially disappointed by his lack of appearance and utilization. Then I realized that not all stories can come with the common trope of everyone being loyal to the point of sacrificing themselves for a character or a purpose. Not all stories tell of the realistic view that not everyone can throw everything away/sacrifice themselves for a righteous purpose. Not everyone can be brave. There will always be cowards in the world, and it is understandably so.

Fugo is FAR from a coward, let me make that clear. But when faced with a very possible death and a seemingly insurmountable foe, not everyone is willing to risk their lives. Just like in the real world, not everyone is willing to fight for what is truly right, and I believe that Fugo was meant to represent this in the anime, that even with an indomitable stand like Purple Haze, choosing not to fight is brave in it's own way, despite it being seen as shameless or cowardic to others. (I have heard that Araki planned for Fugo to betray the gang, but to me, this interpretation of Fugo adds more to his character.)

So, what was the point in all this? Of Fugo abandoning the group, of Narancia, Abbacchio, and Bucciarati fated to die from the very beginning, what was the point in all this?

Was this some sort of nihilistic approach that no matter what you do, nothing will change? To some, maybe. And even that adds an artistic value in its own way.

But to me, someone that loathes the common cliche of a happy ending, their struggle was not pointless. This truly was a testament to the saying, "Would you rather live on your knees, or die on your feet?" But perhaps that struggle, the fight towards a righteous cause may not lead to just meaningless death, but the chance for a future better than the ones they experienced.

Truly, this show is not just a requiem for the fallen, but perhaps a victory in the message that although fate may be set in stone, the will of those strong enough can grasp for something better, a brighter future...

RULED BY DIO! *cue Dio theme*

sidenote: Can't wait for the Part 6 adaptation and will try and force myself to not read Part 6 yet. Also will look into Purple Haze Feedback to see if it's just as good as ya'll say! Cheers and I'll see you guys again when Part 6 comes!

how to like somebodies comment on my animelist
Jul 29, 2019 5:49 AM
Apr 2019
MeisterDM said:
Diavolo’s fate was way too cruel, yes he was a horrible person and he killed 3 jobros, but an infinite death loop was way too much. I wish he died slowly and painly for good. And its disappointing to see him get fucked over my GER, I wished he went down with a good fight like DIO or Kira Yoshikage.

On a side note, this is m favourite part so far.
The final fight îs Bruno gang vs Diavolo and Giorno vs Diavolo was an execution
Jul 29, 2019 8:33 AM

May 2018
Wow, waiting for this special was a total waste of time.
For once we have the big bad villain being practially one shot by an unbeatable stand, which combines a load of abilities other users would wish to have. (Although Diavolo's fate was really cruel, really liked that one)
Then we have a flashback to an event which shows us that everyone's fate has been set in stone. That is cool and all, really.
But let's be honest here, there was zero foreshadowing for that. And with that said it feels like a total side event that serves absolutely no purpose. It's like the author had an afterthought that it'd be cool to include this. In Araki's case that could be even true.
And at last, Part 5 really did not need to hide in terms of having some of the biggest asspulls in JoJo (at the level of Joseph pulling a literal plane out of his ass in Part 2 or Jotaro reviving Joseph at the end of Part 3) with scenes like Mista getting head shot not once but multiple times or Buccelatti being a ghost for half the show.

The series was fun, as usual. But the last time it was THAT cringe at times was in Part 2. That and this disappointment of an ending.

It's been sitting at 7-8/10 in times for me but after that special, it gets a strong 6/10.

EDIT:
Part 1 5/10
Part 2 7/10
Part 3.1 6/10
Part 3.2 8/10
Part 4 8/10
Part 5 6/10
ArrRtiJul 29, 2019 8:42 AM
Jul 29, 2019 8:47 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
I will miss the JoJo fridays. Until we meet again in Part 6! <3

All I can say is that DP has done the best adaption possible. They made it even better than the source due to some little details that were just perfect (Fugo after Narancia's death made me cry). They did so well, thanks for the amazing work!

RIP Diavolo, even though your soul may never find peace... Possibly the worst fate you can imagine, I don't think anyone deserves something like that.

Also, Giorno in black... Hot! Not to mention his Dio hair/pose in the opening. Just perfect.
Haptism93Jul 29, 2019 8:59 AM

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jul 29, 2019 8:55 AM

Apr 2014
Didn't like the ending when I read the manga and I still don't like it now, but whatever. Giorno's black suit looks awesome and the Dio pose in the opening was cool.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2019

150 by Xeehad »»
Oct 6, 11:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2019

149 by Xeehad »»
Oct 6, 9:40 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2019

195 by Xeehad »»
Oct 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

79 by Martin_Taylor »»
Oct 1, 12:38 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2018

173 by Martin_Taylor »»
Oct 1, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.