Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2019 12:20 AM
Dec 2017
Had a somewhat good start and it definitely had potential but it just killed itself from Episode 3 or 4 onwards.

Chances for a second season is very low, but it's not like people are expecting for a continuation lmao.
Jun 27, 2019 12:54 AM
Apr 2019
Trihexa- said:
Had a somewhat good start and it definitely had potential but it just killed itself from Episode 3 or 4 onwards.

Chances for a second season is very low, but it's not like people are expecting for a continuation lmao.

Actually episode 3 is when it started to get really good.
Jun 27, 2019 1:16 AM

Mar 2011
Short_Circut said:
I won't even deny this show was overly generic. From a romance standpoint, however, this is probably one of the most unique isekai anime out there, plus the characters were pretty enjoyable overall. 7/10

Not much to add to this. I agree completely.

Oh, I could add that I didn't like the voice/ of the loli sister.
GenjuroooJun 27, 2019 1:19 AM
Jun 27, 2019 1:18 AM
Dec 2010
It's like people on this site believe it is their absolute duty to bash every isekai they can get their hands on. The very foundation of isekai TYPICALLY goes with OP MC's and a general power fantasy theme. That's just how it is.

Sadly this either either a) doesn't sink in with people or b) is offensive to their snobbish anime sensibilities.

Every time a new isekai airs it is just an endless stream of whining. The only real exception is when the MC is on the weaker side or it is comedy driven, like re:zero and konosuba.

I don't like yuri, yaoi, or extreme fan service harem animes. They just aren't my thing. You won't see me watch one just so I can drop a 1/10 review and complain. Except that's exactly what a huge number of people do every single time a new isekai show comes out.

We get it, you don't like the genre. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and stop watching them.
Jun 27, 2019 1:28 AM

Nov 2017
Guys, the strong romance element and non-harem setting of Kenja no Mago reminded me of Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan(Cavalry). In that one, MC and main heroine too gets engaged, so I hope more LN Magic School anime....has this setting.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jun 27, 2019 2:02 AM
Apr 2019
F8L-Fool said:
It's like people on this site believe it is their absolute duty to bash every isekai they can get their hands on. The very foundation of isekai TYPICALLY goes with OP MC's and a general power fantasy theme. That's just how it is.

Sadly this either either a) doesn't sink in with people or b) is offensive to their snobbish anime sensibilities.

Every time a new isekai airs it is just an endless stream of whining. The only real exception is when the MC is on the weaker side or it is comedy driven, like re:zero and konosuba.

I don't like yuri, yaoi, or extreme fan service harem animes. They just aren't my thing. You won't see me watch one just so I can drop a 1/10 review and complain. Except that's exactly what a huge number of people do every single time a new isekai show comes out.

We get it, you don't like the genre. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and stop watching them.

Just have a look at most of the negative reviews, most of them didn't even hardly watch the anime. You can tell because they get so much wrong and start talking about things that weren't even in the anime like harem, no reason to be an isekai despite science being the entire basis of the show and shin's power in this world.

I could go on, these people made up their minds on this anime before they even watched it. If they even did......
Jun 27, 2019 2:37 AM
Aug 2018
F8L-Fool said:

On the contrary many who like the genre can be the most critical of it. So when we see one made as lazily as this anime(and many others like it)it can grind our gears. Most isekai anime is like junk food, sadly this one was more like being served a loaf of rye bread instead.
Jun 27, 2019 2:39 AM

May 2018
The battle with the demonoid girl was rather unsatisfying. She made a fool out of them and ran away.

Overall the show was ok, but not too great though. 7/10 i guess
Jun 27, 2019 2:40 AM
Aug 2018
elementex said:
F8L-Fool said:

Just have a look at most of the negative reviews, most of them didn't even hardly watch the anime. You can tell because they get so much wrong and start talking about things that weren't even in the anime like harem, no reason to be an isekai despite science being the entire basis of the show and shin's power in this world.

I could go on, these people made up their minds on this anime before they even watched it. If they even did......

That is probably.....scratch that most likely how you gave Hunter x Hunter a 1 and this a 10/10.
Jun 27, 2019 3:16 AM

Mar 2015
Honestly, this is not good nor bad, the story and characters were not that special for an isekai. But this is a good anime to binge watch when you have nothing to do. This is a 5/10 for me.

Animation is ok, not great, not bad.
Jun 27, 2019 4:29 AM
Apr 2019
DjangoUnchained2 said:
elementex said:

That is probably.....scratch that most likely how you gave Hunter x Hunter a 1 and this a 10/10.

But I didn't write a review about it pretending I did watch it. I can tell from the character page I won't like it the 2 mc are both dudes.
Jun 27, 2019 4:35 AM

Feb 2019
Best Guilty Pleasure Anime of the season for me.
5/10

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 27, 2019 4:39 AM
Apr 2019
Luna_Estlin said:
5/10

But you rated senko san higher? That anime is the definition of guilty pleasure
Jun 27, 2019 4:45 AM
Mar 2019
Luna_Estlin said:
5/10
This & Senko san

Gotta hand it to them, it was a pretty fun anime. I'll give it a 6/10 purely because this was something I could enjoy watching This season.
Jun 27, 2019 5:00 AM

Feb 2019
elementex said:
Luna_Estlin said:
5/10

I rated it lower coz It's a Mediocre Adaption, The Manga is way Better tbh This show would have done well with 2 Cour.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 27, 2019 5:12 AM

Mar 2012
CritiasBG said:
elementex said:

of course I am serious, why would I jest?

So you saying that this anime > Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari ? :D

Tate no Yuusha was pretty bad too.
But there are others isekais far better than KnM (and Tate)...

But what is this end ? This "experience", Miria is pregnant of a demonoid or something like that ?
Jun 27, 2019 5:16 AM
Apr 2019
Luna_Estlin said:
elementex said:

I rated it lower coz It's a Mediocre Adaption, The Manga is way Better tbh This show would have done well with 2 Cour.

My problem doesn't lie with your rating, but with your statement that this is your best guilty pleasure anime of the season when it clearly isn't since you rated senko san higher.
Jun 27, 2019 6:22 AM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
DjangoUnchained2 said:

But I didn't write a review about it pretending I did watch it. I can tell from the character page I won't like it the 2 mc are both dudes.

Much like how you just put Completed after watching a few episodes because it has more weight compared to Dropped?
Jun 27, 2019 6:52 AM

Jul 2014
F8L-Fool said:

OR

Because they are big fan of isekai anime and just particularly getting disappointed by this one? C'mon no need to go that deep..
Jun 27, 2019 7:20 AM

May 2018
Your typical isekai anime of the season I kinda enjoyed the show Didin't actually liked the the main character
7/10 Not that bad would like a season 2
Jun 27, 2019 8:57 AM

Nov 2017
August and Shin are both on the cover illustration of Volume 10 of the light novel to be on sale a few days from today.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jun 27, 2019 9:22 AM

Dec 2014
meh...glad the show is over... it was fine I guess overall
Jun 27, 2019 10:05 AM

Aug 2015
uhhh it was a big piece of shit
Jun 27, 2019 10:32 AM

Aug 2018
should’ve not expected much from this series 7/10 kinda enjoyed(?) though I’d rather watch something else instead…
Jun 27, 2019 11:57 AM

Jun 2009
elementex said:
MonkeyDHunter said:
Probably, the worst anime of this year. The only positive was that there's no harem which is nothing to write home about. 1/10 since there's no 0/10 choice...

Hey, we can't all have good taste

Seriously, you defending this week after week like your life/bank account depends on it (and later switching to insults like above) was more entertaining than the anime itself. Well done!
Jun 27, 2019 12:34 PM
Apr 2019
Chiezuru said:
elementex said:

Hey, we can't all have good taste

Seriously, you defending this week after week like your life/bank account depends on it (and later switching to insults like above) was more entertaining than the anime itself. Well done!

I have no steaks in this anime. Just don’t like people talking trash on my favorite anime
Jun 27, 2019 12:36 PM

May 2012
I want 2nd season

Loved this show

7/10
Jun 27, 2019 12:42 PM

Aug 2018
elementex said:
Chiezuru said:

I have no steaks in this anime. Just don’t like people talking trash on my favorite anime
bet you would like isekai cheat magician… :)
Jun 27, 2019 12:52 PM
Aug 2018
pastofdraw said:
elementex said:

If his bosses found out he was promoting another anime I’m sure he would be in trouble.😂
Jun 27, 2019 1:08 PM
Apr 2019
pastofdraw said:
elementex said:

Yes I am looking forward to it the most out of the summer anime. It looks real good. The only problem I could see is they got op just because instead of through science like in kenja No Mago
Jun 27, 2019 5:08 PM

Nov 2018
The last fight was kinda disappointing tbh :p
Jun 27, 2019 5:32 PM

Oct 2008
okay looks like no Despair Doom Death for this group!
3/5.
6/10.

Jun 27, 2019 5:43 PM
Apr 2019
eb2 said:

How so? I thought it was great to see Miria dominate and almost wipe them to the point shin had to go all out to keep everyone alive
Jun 27, 2019 5:43 PM

May 2018
Didin't like haw they made the main Characters so op That we didn't even had an acceptable fight
I felt like the romance was forced into the show
at least it helped me to waste my free time I enjoyed it little bit
7/10
Jun 27, 2019 5:47 PM

Nov 2018
elementex said:
eb2 said:

How so? I thought it was great to see Miria dominate and almost wipe them to the point shin had to go all out to keep everyone alive
i agree with u on that part but i feel as if something was missing from her fight with shin
Jun 27, 2019 6:17 PM
Apr 2019
eb2 said:
elementex said:

i agree with u on that part but i feel as if something was missing from her fight with shin

Maybe so, but it was definitely aesthetically pleasing
Jun 27, 2019 7:06 PM

Oct 2015
To tell the honest truth I didn't see where this was going exactly! I can't even comment on this last episode- simply speechless for how all over the place. But at least August's fiancée is joining the party next, that is something to look forward to if you were enticed by this dung of a show.

Pretty basic OP fantasy crap, and an isekai in name only because I felt that it didn't showcase that at all. I'm not saying I was looking for a typical isekai anime, but come on this was basic fart to the genre.

I advise anyone wanting to start this anime, go on be my guest- I pity YOU blind fool for wasting your time.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 27, 2019 7:16 PM
Apr 2019
lihle808 said:
To tell the honest truth I didn't see where this was going exactly! I can't even comment on this last episode- simply speechless for how all over the place. But at least August's fiancée is joining the party next, that is something to look forward to if you were enticed by this dung of a show.

Pretty basic OP fantasy crap, and an isekai in name only because I felt that it didn't showcase that at all. I'm not saying I was looking for a typical isekai anime, but come on this was basic fart to the genre.

I advise anyone wanting to start this anime, go on be my guest- I pity YOU blind fool for wasting your time.

Of course you didn’t, if you watched this whole anime with your brain turned off not paying attention you won’t understand anything.
Jun 27, 2019 7:27 PM

Nov 2018
elementex said:
eb2 said:

Maybe so, but it was definitely aesthetically pleasing
yeah i get what you're saying but i wish there was more to the fight
Jun 27, 2019 7:29 PM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
lihle808 said:

Of course you didn’t, if you watched this whole anime with your brain turned off not paying attention you won’t understand anything.

If you pay attention yourself, you'd easily catch the errors that I've mentioned for the past few weeks or so. This show doesn't deserve lots of attention thanks to them.
EDIT: BTW, did you write a review or a promotional piece?
tiwiboJun 27, 2019 8:34 PM
Jun 27, 2019 8:17 PM

Jul 2017
The thing about this shitshow, everything is generic and unfunny. But after all that, I can't say that this show ain't good, but it ain't bad either.

Putting a new spin on Isekai is rare, and this won me with the many comedic moments, even if it meant that everything else was secondary. Even if the total product is not what it seems to be.

6/10.
Jun 27, 2019 9:55 PM

Mar 2016
elementex said:
F8L-Fool said:

I watched this shit from start to finish and listed as much detail as possible, so idk what you’re talking about here.
Jun 27, 2019 9:57 PM

Feb 2014
ep 08 the best ep.

others meh

not enough fanservice and ecchi to make this show more enjoyable, sincerely hehe

5/10
TechOtakuJun 27, 2019 10:02 PM
Jun 27, 2019 10:05 PM

Feb 2017
I think this anime had its ups and downs.
It might have been interesting to see more of his childhood because i really enjoyed episode one.
I kinda liked Schtrom as a character. You had reasons to sympathise with him and i think thats always something the bad guys should have.
I really enjoy watching Isekai even if they are not on a level with Re: Zero, KonoSuba, Gate or many other really good ones.

I enjoyed the show and could watch it in one go because i kinda wanted to know how the story goes on.
If i had to choose something i didnt like it would be that the swordsmanship he learned was never really highlighted.

AWC_mod said:

Jan 01 - Sep 29 || Angelic Expert, Persistent Master of TV || #2297 || #76 || @ManuelB87

Jun 27, 2019 10:08 PM
Apr 2019
Ryuseishun said:
elementex said:

I watched this shit from start to finish and listed as much detail as possible, so idk what you’re talking about here.

You’re one of the few ryu and I respect your opinion even though I disagree. It’s a lot of the other reviewers that I am talking about
Jun 27, 2019 10:12 PM

Mar 2016
elementex said:
Ryuseishun said:

You’re one of the few ryu and I respect your opinion even though I disagree. It’s a lot of the other reviewers that I am talking about
elementex said:
Ryuseishun said:

That is fair enough, I guess.
Jun 27, 2019 10:51 PM

Nov 2017
This anime is a masterpiece IMHO.

Jun 27, 2019 11:18 PM
Apr 2019
Ehurvaks said:

You speak the truth, unfortunately many people in here disagree
Jun 27, 2019 11:40 PM
Aug 2018
Ehurvaks said:
elementex said:
Ehurvaks said:

You speak the truth, unfortunately many people in here disagree

Ah! The ole fashion say it enough times until it comes true. If it worked for Donald Trump I'm sure you guys will succeed.🤣
Jun 28, 2019 12:36 AM
Apr 2019
Well time to wait for cheat magician, out of all the shows coming out next season it has the best chance to fill the void that this show has filled for us this season.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2019

84 by FaiziTheGreat »»
Sep 21, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

121 by Liam_AT »»
Jul 17, 1:12 PM

» Why is this Anime ranked soooo bad?

nitneuq333 - May 18, 2021

48 by Mashadaar »»
Jun 12, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.