Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, compared to most of the other episodes, this one had a more serious vibe.

For a series' finale, it didn't feel impactful. Still, at least the dangers have been averted for now. Oliver's powers are still to be feared though. This show's comedy didn't click with me, felt too forced and distracting. Not going to miss this.
Stark700Jun 26, 2019 7:59 AM
Jun 26, 2019 7:54 AM

Aug 2017
And....it's over.

I really didn't expect from this show yet disappoint me. A lot of unnecessary side characters, bad animation in many episodes and extremely generic without being funny at least. 1/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 26, 2019 8:58 AM
Oct 2017

this is the same character depicted three times within a span of 25 seconds in the same episode. there had to be no AD for this to be so wildly inconsistent
Jun 26, 2019 8:59 AM
Apr 2019
So. Damn. Good. What a finale!!! I just know we are getting a season 2 announcement soon, can't wait. This is definitely the best isekai out there right now.
Jun 26, 2019 8:59 AM

Jul 2017
I won't even deny this show was overly generic. From a romance standpoint, however, this is probably one of the most unique isekai anime out there, plus the characters were pretty enjoyable overall. 7/10
Jun 26, 2019 9:05 AM
Apr 2019
I wonder what Miria and Strom's child will be like, and if it will come out as a demon from the start.... hmmm
Jun 26, 2019 9:08 AM
Oct 2017
bitchassdarius said:

this is the same character depicted three times within a span of 25 seconds in the same episode. there had to be no AD for this to be so wildly inconsistent

still in the same episode, these cuts are 15 seconds apart
Jun 26, 2019 9:14 AM

Sep 2017
elementex said:
So. Damn. Good. What a finale!!! I just know we are getting a season 2 announcement soon, can't wait. This is definitely the best isekai out there right now.

Im not sure if u are serious or u are joking tbh XD
Jun 26, 2019 9:15 AM

Nov 2017
papsoshea said:
The serious atmosphere that started seeping its way through is one of the bigger points that killed it for me. This show was better off being that dumb fun type of fantasy. Finale was underwhelming. See you all in next seasons isekai lol 5/10.
Serious elements mixed with comedy elements are typical for magic school action LN anime, like for example Seiken Tsukai no World Break or Akashic Records. Kenja no Mago was never a purely comedy show like KonoSuba was, but a magic school action anime added with huge amounts of romance elements and a non-harem setting.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jun 26, 2019 9:15 AM
Jun 2019
Blonde loli is having a death match with a boss woman. Draw her comically while having a serious BGM. What.
Jun 26, 2019 9:16 AM
Apr 2019
CritiasBG said:
elementex said:

of course I am serious, why would I jest?
Jun 26, 2019 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad finale, I guess. It didn't feel like one tbh.

So Ultimate Magicians were able to handle the Demonoid attack.

Only decided to watch this show just to kill some time. 5/10.

Jun 26, 2019 9:21 AM

Sep 2017
elementex said:
CritiasBG said:

So you saying that this anime > Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari ? :D
Jun 26, 2019 9:22 AM
Jan 2018
bitchassdarius said:

wow wish it was the 1st or 2nd one throught out the entire series instead of being the bottom one for most of the time
Jun 26, 2019 9:26 AM
Jun 2019
CritiasBG said:
elementex said:

He would just "This anime > Everything else I'm sewrious LUL"
Jun 26, 2019 9:26 AM
Apr 2019
CritiasBG said:
elementex said:

Yes, but I loved shield hero as well

my top 5 isekai
1. kenja no mago
2. shield hero
3. konosuba
4. re:zero
5: no game no life
Jun 26, 2019 9:27 AM

Sep 2017
tiwibo said:
CritiasBG said:

tiwibo said:
CritiasBG said:

I mean i just saw his list and he rated Dororo with 1 and Kenja no mago with 10 so that explains everything xD
Jun 26, 2019 9:33 AM
Apr 2019
CritiasBG said:
tiwibo said:

tiwibo said:

I mean i just saw his list and he rated Dororo with 1 and Kenja no mago with 10 so that explains everything xD

I mean, you rated Boruto an 8 so...........
Jun 26, 2019 9:44 AM
Apr 2019
ekat361 said:
i'm so glad that it ended. it was disappointing. 1/10

you didn't even watch it
Jun 26, 2019 9:46 AM
Aug 2018
elementex said:
CritiasBG said:

You rate Hunter x Hunter a 1, your opinion is invalid.
Jun 26, 2019 9:47 AM
Aug 2018
A garbage ending for a garbage show, couldn't have had it any other way.
Jun 26, 2019 9:48 AM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
ekat361 said:
i'm so glad that it ended. it was disappointing. 1/10

you didn't even watch it

I mean, who would drop a show that's not for him and rate it 1? Wait a minute. That's you too. What are the odds.
Jun 26, 2019 9:48 AM

Feb 2019
Pure trash 1/10. Even isekai smartphone is much better in my opinion
Jun 26, 2019 9:49 AM
Apr 2019
"Besides our boring as cardboard MC there are so many other characters that make up the world of Kenja No Mago. We have the big bad villain that looks like a major threat to our hero and the world who is defeated within the first three episodes pretty easily. Nice going having your endgame villain be defeated early on so that I have no worries about him actually being a problem for the main hero later. Man, I wish more series would have the stones to completely deflate all kinds of suspense early on so that we don’t have to worry about our hero being in danger. Sarcasm aside the series throws another possible villain at us. We’ll call him Draco Malfoy for all you Harry Potter fans out there who goes from being a jealous antagonist, to a rival, and finally the MC’s friend all in the span of a few episodes because who cares about natural progression of anything. It gets better though because the MC doesn’t even acknowledge him as his friend. I mean he will say he is his friend but every time Draco talks to him it’s like he’s talking to a brick wall. There are other characters that make up our MC’s posse but they are pretty much irrelevant and I would be shocked if anyone knew their names."

These are some of the things being written in reviews. Stuff that didn't even happen in the show, completely making stuff up on the fly. Clearly didn't even watch the anime, but still making a review as if they did.
Jun 26, 2019 9:51 AM
Apr 2019
DjangoUnchained2 said:
elementex said:

You rate Hunter x Hunter a 1, your opinion is invalid.

It just wasn't my type of thing, all opinions are valid. Else they wouldn't be opinions.
Jun 26, 2019 9:53 AM
Aug 2018
elementex said:
"Besides our boring as cardboard MC there are so many other characters that make up the world of Kenja No Mago. We have the big bad villain that looks like a major threat to our hero and the world who is defeated within the first three episodes pretty easily. Nice going having your endgame villain be defeated early on so that I have no worries about him actually being a problem for the main hero later. Man, I wish more series would have the stones to completely deflate all kinds of suspense early on so that we don’t have to worry about our hero being in danger. Sarcasm aside the series throws another possible villain at us. We’ll call him Draco Malfoy for all you Harry Potter fans out there who goes from being a jealous antagonist, to a rival, and finally the MC’s friend all in the span of a few episodes because who cares about natural progression of anything. It gets better though because the MC doesn’t even acknowledge him as his friend. I mean he will say he is his friend but every time Draco talks to him it’s like he’s talking to a brick wall. There are other characters that make up our MC’s posse but they are pretty much irrelevant and I would be shocked if anyone knew their names."

These are some of the things being written in reviews. Stuff that didn't even happen in the show, completely making stuff up on the fly. Clearly didn't even watch the anime, but still making a review as if they did.

The obtuse one is at it again.
Jun 26, 2019 9:55 AM

Sep 2017
Im not gonna argue with delusional dude who rate this 10/10 xD
Jun 26, 2019 9:56 AM
Oct 2014
CritiasBG said:
elementex said:

no one talks like that when they are serious. Definitely being sarcastic. Though I don’t understand why he would list shin and sicilly as his favorite characters just for a joke.
Jun 26, 2019 9:56 AM
Apr 2019
ekat361 said:
yes I did. why are you saying that
elementex said:

you didn't even watch it

ok what happened in the last episode
Jun 26, 2019 10:00 AM
Apr 2019
ekat361 said:
elementex said:

ok what happened in the last episode
i dont need to explain because it's so bad that i didn't got words for it

typical response of someone who didn't even watch the show
Jun 26, 2019 10:08 AM
Apr 2019
ekat361 said:
elementex said:

typical response of someone who didn't even watch the show
k if you say so but for me it's still 1/10

K, but why are you here then.
Jun 26, 2019 10:10 AM
Apr 2019
Leo said:
Not a bad finale, I guess. It didn't feel like one tbh.

So Ultimate Magicians were able to handle the Demonoid attack.

Only decided to watch this show just to kill some time. 5/10.

I mean, not really. They kinda got rekd by Miria
Jun 26, 2019 10:11 AM
Aug 2018
elementex said:
ekat361 said:
k if you say so but for me it's still 1/10

The same reason you could possibly rate this show a 10/10 while giving Hunter x Hunter a 1/10. So something I am sure even Sigmund Freud couldn't possibly give an answer to.
Jun 26, 2019 10:14 AM
Apr 2019
DjangoUnchained2 said:
elementex said:

The same reason you could possibly rate this show a 10/10 while giving Hunter x Hunter a 1/10. So something I am sure even Sigmund Freud couldn't possibly give an answer to.

It took like 20 seconds to rate it, but I never once posted in the forum for it.
Jun 26, 2019 10:18 AM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
DjangoUnchained2 said:

It took like 20 seconds to rate it, but I never once posted in the forum for it.

You shouldn't even rate it 1 just because it's not your thing. That's like asking someone who hates wine to be a connoisseur.
Jun 26, 2019 10:19 AM

Jan 2018
this is definitely the type of anime you’ll watch once and forget about immediately after completing it
Jun 26, 2019 10:24 AM
Apr 2019
tiwibo said:
elementex said:

You shouldn't even rate it 1 just because it's not your thing. That's like asking someone who hates wine to be a connoisseur.

everyone in here is doing it, so why can't I?
Jun 26, 2019 10:24 AM
Apr 2019
KlinyKlinn said:
this is definitely the type of anime you’ll watch once and forget about immediately after completing it

could you explain, because I don't see how that is possible
Jun 26, 2019 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
elementex said:
tiwibo said:

You. Gave. Violet Evergarden. A beautiful-looking anime in all its rights.
a 1/10.

I would be okay with 3 or 4/10, even 2/10 with justifications....but seriously, 1/10?? Don't bother even trying to watch anything else if you know it's not your thing, ffs.

You're like that one guy who gave Parasyte 1/10 but all Tokyo Ghoul seasons 10/10.
Jun 26, 2019 10:40 AM
Apr 2019
Ryuseishun said:
elementex said:

a 1/10.

I would be okay with 3 or 4/10, even 2/10 with justifications....but seriously, 1/10?? Don't bother even trying to watch anything else if you know it's not your thing, ffs.

You're like that one guy who gave Parasyte 1/10 but all Tokyo Ghoul seasons 10/10.

The animation was truly beautiful, kyo ani is amazing. But that is meaningless if the story and characters are boring as heck.
Jun 26, 2019 10:40 AM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
tiwibo said:

Then, what's the difference between you and them? How validated are your ratings? How are people going to trust your ratings? That's why some people here think of your ratings as a joke. Because it's straight up broken.
I've seen only a handful of HxH episodes and I knew that it's not a 1/10 material because they sets up scenes well enough and I can feel the effort poured into them. At the same time, this anime doesn't deserve 10/10 since it did too little to compensate for its fundamental problems.
Jun 26, 2019 10:43 AM
Apr 2019
tiwibo said:
elementex said:

Then, what's the difference between you and them? How validated are your ratings? How are people going to trust your ratings? That's why some people here think of your ratings as a joke. Because it's straight up broken.
I've seen only a handful of HxH episodes and I knew that it's not a 1/10 material because they sets up scenes well enough and I can feel the effort poured into them. At the same time, this anime doesn't deserve 10/10 since it did too little to compensate for its fundamental problems.

Hunterxhunter has

Boring fights
Mc sucks
No female mc
Lack of high tier waifus
Jun 26, 2019 10:46 AM

Mar 2016
elementex said:
Ryuseishun said:

a 1/10.

The animation was truly beautiful, kyo ani is amazing. But that is meaningless if the story and characters are boring as heck.

Then like I said, the show is not for you. I sure as hell don't just go ahead and give shows 1/10 just because "they're not for me". I can at least give them whatever credit they deserve depending the type of premises and characters they have. Apparently Violet Evergarden bored you to death because you couldn't even try to acknowledge anything beyond the animation quality. Did you even try to understand what was going on in the show, anyway?

You also gave Dororo a 1/10 with no justifications. Apparently dark fantasy is not for you, yet this schlocky isekai's attempts at dark content fascinated you somehow.
Jun 26, 2019 10:49 AM

Jan 2018
elementex said:
KlinyKlinn said:

you know when you watched an anime then after like 1-2 weeks you already start to forget the series, something like that. I’ve experienced this multiple times so yeah
Jun 26, 2019 10:51 AM

Aug 2016
Did that old man just get to see Sicily's titties before Shin? lol.
Jun 26, 2019 10:52 AM
Apr 2019
KlinyKlinn said:
elementex said:

you know when you watched an anime then after like 1-2 weeks you already start to forget the series, something like that. I’ve experienced this multiple times so yeah

I feel that for anime that I dropped, but none of the ones I cared to finish
Jun 26, 2019 10:53 AM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
tiwibo said:

Hunterxhunter has

Boring fights
Mc sucks
No female mc
Lack of high tier waifus

Boring fights - Better than the ones with tonal problems like this episode's. This episode shows it clearly with how the scenes dealt with the blonde loli.
Mc sucks - you mean shin whose progression is at the unnatural whim of the writer?
Lack of hugh tier waifus - Is this really your general criterion for rating? Seriously?
Jun 26, 2019 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
Well thank god it's ended, a total disappointment..

Overall 3/10
What a disastrous experience..
Jun 26, 2019 10:54 AM

Jan 2018
elementex said:
KlinyKlinn said:

I feel that for anime that I dropped, but none of the ones I cared to finish

lmao, I never drop an anime, I just put them on-hild and watch them whenever I feel like it so I’ve been forgetting alot of them lmao
Jun 26, 2019 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
Ryuseishun said:
elementex said:

a 1/10.

If you see carefully that guy created MAL account not too long before this anime was aired for first time, clearly it has something to do with it, so don't bother to argue with him, it's meaningless..
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

129 by TheColonel76 »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

77 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 14, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

120 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 9, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

164 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 8, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2019

264 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 8, 7:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.