Forum Settings
Forums

Youtuber and Streamer Etika aka Desmond Amofah has been found deceased

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 27, 2019 12:32 AM

May 2009
I'm absolutely broken because of this, he's been of friend of mine for so long. We always kicked it and where considered WiiU white knights back in 012. Shokio, Nintendoultra, Etika, Tre. We had this little community of nintendo fanboys and all we were doing is talk nintendoshit on the Wiiumadforums. Etika was such a good soul, it's ironic that he saved the lives of thousands... only for the fans to turn their back on him when he had the need for help. *fuck the fanbase, bunch of fucking hypocrites*

This is the story of a nigga who is gone due to the pressure, stress and the fact that no one around him was in state to properly help him. This is a story of racism, oppression and the ultimate price the world had to pay.

Rest in peace but damn... I feel like shit.
Jun 27, 2019 8:28 AM

Apr 2018
2 days later and I still haven't forgotten :(
Etika was such a cool and funny dude. His life streams always cheered me up!
RIP my dude! Joycon Boyz forever!
Jun 27, 2019 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
This is probably a really controversial take, but I think Gross Gore said it best.

Barely anyone cared about him when he was tweeting these negative things, no one was trying to help him when he posted his farewell video, but the second he commited suicide, the whole internet is like "OH MY GOD REST IN PEACE, MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE ISN'T A JOKE, CONTACT THIS CONTACT THAT, WE NEED TO RAISE AWARENESS" Where were you people when he was tweeting all these negative shit

As for my opinion, I only ever knew him as a meme (his reactions and stuff), and just found out about his suicide and him going missing today through xQc's stream, so I can't say much.
removed-userJun 27, 2019 9:39 AM
Jun 27, 2019 9:31 AM

Oct 2013
SpamuraiSensei said:
Yeah, I agree, but it depends on the religion in it's modern day too. Christianity isn't nearly as bad as it used to be for example.

Christianity never was an utterly bad ideology or concept, besides talking as Christianity as a whole in terms of evil parts in the history is unwise, in my opinion. It's because Christianity as a whole differs so much internally. In example, there were shameful events in history that were caused sometimes by catholics, sometimes by protestants.

I also wouldn't say that somebody who is suicidal could've been saved if he/she had been a religious person. Having a possibility to lean to religion (both understood and institutionalized cult and pure beliefs without any institutions behind them) definitely helps to prevent one person from committing suicide, but alone it won't win with deep depression combined ith suicidal thoughts, unfortunately.

@Gythia , I totally agree. I read recently that he gave a lot of signals showing his bad mental condition. I read that many people laughed at them or treated them loosely. Even a lot of his fans treated them as just fooling around.
And now Etika died by committing suicide. Probably the same people I mentioned above spam "SPRAED AWARENESS MENTAL PROBLEMS AIN'T JOKE CONTACT UR LOCAL INSTITUTIONS FOR HELP". And I see the same reactions over and over again in similar situations.
AdnashJun 27, 2019 9:37 AM
Jun 27, 2019 9:44 AM

Jul 2016
Gythia said:
This is probably a really controversial take, but I think Gross Gore said it best.

Barely anyone cared about him when he was tweeting these negative things, no one was trying to help him when he posted his farewell video, but the second he commited suicide, the whole internet is like "OH MY GOD REST IN PEACE, MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE ISN'T A JOKE, CONTACT THIS CONTACT THAT, WE NEED TO RAISE AWARENESS" Where were you people when he was tweeting all these negative shit

As for my opinion, I only ever knew him as a meme (his reactions and stuff), and just found out about his suicide and him going missing today through xQc's stream, so I can't say much.

I felt sorry for him when I was watching his Instagram streams months ago, and I knew that he needed help. There are still some imbeciles who say his suicide was a publicity stunt.
Jun 27, 2019 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
Optigisa said:
Gythia said:

I felt sorry for him when I was watching his Instagram streams months ago, and I knew that he needed help. There are still some imbeciles who say his suicide was a publicity stunt.
Ok, you felt sorry, but did you try to help him? Did you at least try DMing him some supportive messages? If yes, then congrats, you're one of the few people that did
Jun 27, 2019 2:30 PM

Aug 2017
Never heard of Etika until his death.

Well, I read some things about him in Wikipedia. There were signs where he was going to kill herself months ago. The fact that nobody hospitalized him for a year at least blew my mind.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 27, 2019 2:50 PM

Oct 2015
Saw a few of his reaction videos, thought he was a pretty chill guy. Most of his fanbase was like the "24/7 ironic memester" type of teens so they probably didn't even take him seriously when he was struggling. That's sad. Rest in peace.
Jun 27, 2019 3:16 PM

Apr 2013
Watched him randomly when I was bored so when I saw his downward spiral and his final farewell vid it just made me so sad to know that once an energetic man can be at his wits end, you know that he legit decided to die from that final video. It saddens me what social media and personal issues did to his mental health, I really wish he got more help to help him realize that he really needed before he was just done with everything, R.I.P.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jun 27, 2019 3:50 PM

Jul 2016
Gythia said:
Optigisa said:

Ok, you felt sorry, but did you try to help him? Did you at least try DMing him some supportive messages? If yes, then congrats, you're one of the few people that did

You said in your initial comment "Barely anyone cared for him", I just answered your comment by saying that yes, some of us do. As for the trying to help part, no, unfortunately I did not try to help, simply because I never expect any E-celeb to answer their messages.
Jun 27, 2019 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
Gythia said:

People have better things to do than help an E-celeb with his mental problems and considering the climate of drama and social media, people view it as entertainment that pulls them out of their normal lives.

They'll raise the alarm after the suicide in order to seem empathetic and someone who really cares about mental health and depression and all. While I don't think it's an act, I do think it lacks genuineness to some degree and not much stock should be put in it.

I never heard of the guy before this. After reading some things about him, it's clear he was suicidal. People like Keemstar exacerbated it for clicks. The pressure got to him and he offed himself by floating down the river. Not all that surprising though still important.

It'd be cool if things weren't this way but they are and they won't change. They certainly won't change with some stock platitudes that people put out there. As for me, while it is a sad event, I don't care enough to make any meaningful change unfortunately. Maybe there are people who are more than willing. Maybe you.
Jun 27, 2019 6:00 PM

Oct 2013
@HungryForQuality , that too. People seek for emotions and feel delightful when they see extreme emotions in action. It doesn't matter if they are positive or negative.

As you said, it's sad, but that's how the world works like and it won't change, at least not completely and not in the nearest future as for general empathy's condition went lower in the past decades.

Same goes with mourning Etika's death. It's sad that a young man commited suicide, but I didn't know him except of hearing he did reaction videos and other things I mentioned in one of my posts here. His death won't affect me or my life in any way. The saddest thing is, however, how many people want to get attention by dancing near the information of his death. It applies both for Internet celebrities who instantly became "Etika's biggest fans" in example, but also for those who are not Internet celebs, but want to copy & paste their regular formula that @Gythia mentioned in his post. Just to get virtual likes or whatever to feel better that they are in the center of attention AND to reassure themselves that they are not that much selfish or bad, 'cause they managed to write "spraed awareness pls" on the net.
Jun 27, 2019 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
Never knew him prior to these saddening events, yet seeing his fianl tweet about Attack on Titan instantly made me like him. Rip.
Jun 27, 2019 8:33 PM

Jan 2017
Man that's terrible. I remember hearing about his mental breakdowns/SWAT incident a few months ago and can't believe he's actually dead now. No idea if this is the case or not but I have a feeling youtube played a factor in this, fame whether it be good or bad is not good for someones mental health in the long run if they aren't mentally conditioned to handle it
Jun 27, 2019 9:10 PM

Apr 2016
I find it strangely weird yet a bit funny that the first thing twitter do is to be outraged about a deceased streamer. "Feeling sad about him? fuck you. Not feeling sad about him? fuck you"
Jun 28, 2019 2:27 AM

Jun 2019
I've always liked Etika and his funny personality, but I never consistently watched him (don't give a shit about Nintendo). But his fanbase is toxic and are shoving this down everyone's throats so damn hard it gets annoying.
Jun 28, 2019 3:16 AM

Dec 2018
I never knew Etika up until 2017 but, after watching his hourlong streams and stream highlights I can personally tell that Etika is one of the most Entertaining streamers out there. Rest well my guy.
ok
Jun 28, 2019 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
I only watch NDT matt o dowd or kyle hill ..... or vsauce.

wht vids did this wank make?
Jun 28, 2019 10:43 AM

May 2013
Jaystation, Boogie1488, Philip Defranco and many more all exploiting the situation to the fullest.
Jun 29, 2019 9:43 AM

Oct 2013
Pxi2 said:
Jaystation, Boogie1488, Philip Defranco and many more all exploiting the situation to the fullest.

While I heard that a person nicknamed as Etika existed and published videos on YouTube, I have no idea who are the people mentioned in your post, lmao.
Jun 29, 2019 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
unfortunately i think a lot of streamers / internet stars have mental issues

rip

Jun 29, 2019 12:07 PM

Apr 2012
Pxi2 said:
What are they saying?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 29, 2019 12:59 PM

Jul 2009
Pxi2 said:

The reactions of the latter two were fairly mild comparing to Jaystation's honestly. Not surprising considering he posted similar videos following Mac Miller and XXXTentacion's deaths.

Just a repulsive, attention-seeking individual. Cr1itikal did some digging on him and discovered he always had a few screws loose.
Jun 29, 2019 2:56 PM

Jul 2014
Never heard of this dude, only now that I realized its the guy that made a hyper reaction video of a nintendo game years ago.
R.I.P.
From the convo's here it seems people yet again were dicks to someone who had mental issues, it appears he had some problems with the SWAT, I mean come on, aint that obvious enough that he had problems? why were people still shitting on this dude after that? this is why I prefer not talking with people nowadays.
And ofc taking advantage of the situation, people are now acting like saints/angels.
-StrayJun 29, 2019 2:59 PM
Jun 29, 2019 3:03 PM

Oct 2017
I knew him from his Goblin Slayer reactions. He only did like 3 or 4 episodes which is a shame because he was a good at reacting. Didn't watch any of his stuff beyond that but he certainly left an impression. He had a lot of charisma. Sad.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jun 29, 2019 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
Gythia said:
Where were you people when he was tweeting all these negative shit
In his tweet replies telling him people care about him and he shouldn't do anything stupid.
Jun 30, 2019 1:42 PM

May 2013
Skittles said:
Pxi2 said:

The reactions of the latter two were fairly mild comparing to Jaystation's honestly. Not surprising considering he posted similar videos following Mac Miller and XXXTentacion's deaths.

Just a repulsive, attention-seeking individual. Cr1itikal did some digging on him and discovered he always had a few screws loose.

Boogie said he was stronger than Etika and failed to save him. He argued that it was his haters that caused the death.

Defranco used the death to advertise his second channel.

Both are just as scummy.
Jun 30, 2019 4:19 PM
Feb 2014
Orhunaa said:
Saw a few of his reaction videos, thought he was a pretty chill guy. Most of his fanbase was like the "24/7 ironic memester" type of teens so they probably didn't even take him seriously when he was struggling. That's sad. Rest in peace.

They were, and then they suddenly pretended to care about him all along once he actually did it, most likely because they crave peer approval and less of a case for mourning Etika himself. The duality of human nature is a zeitgeist so profoundly whimsical and wrong.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.