Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jul 29, 2013 1:48 PM

Sep 2012
I just got a noise complaint from my neighbor because I was yelling too much at the confession and kiss.

So, uh, that's a first.

Fantastic episode! Best in the arc, though I almost wish that the arcs had switched places, since the Fleur one was far more lackluster than Amatary's.

Still, FINALLY we get a kiss!
Aug 17, 2013 7:43 PM

Sep 2011
Will have to read the novel or manga. 9/10.
Sep 1, 2013 8:04 PM

Nov 2011
just re-finished watching the entire series... both seasons...
but honestly that wasn't a good ending...
it was definitely a cliff hanger than a clear end for the Anime...
ei is just going to expect 100% that a new season is in progress...
It can't end like this... an end with no meaning whatsoever... :/
sigh~ yeah, new season will probably come out in a year or two...
wait, after checking the release dates of both seasons, probably soon!!
aw man, what's up with the late release of season 3...?? T.T
As a hardcore romance fan ei is, Horo and Lawrence need to get deeper!!
Much much deeper into relationship... then it's satisfactory!! >3<

ei-kun
Sep 24, 2013 1:57 AM

May 2013
Wait is that guy referring to himself in the third person LOL?

Anyway after watching this series, I think it's great. But it lacked one thing for me, they didn't show enough affection. The kiss sucked, period. The confession sucked, period. The hugging was cool, but the girl always had to make jokes to ruin the intimate moments. That was annoying.

I can't say it wasn't well made, so i gave the series an 8/10.
If I wasn't so annoyed by some elements then it'd probably be a 9.

Just my 2 cents.
Oct 1, 2013 7:30 PM

May 2013
I cantt wait for the sex sean in ceasers 3
Oct 2, 2013 2:53 AM

Aug 2013
Wait...that was a kiss? I guess I've just been spoiled too much by other series but usually when it's a scene that you know is very much anticipated by the viewers, you make sure it's emphatic and is of significance. That scene was just...eh. I haven't read the LN yet (going to start tomorrow) so I don't really know how that scene should have been but oh well...

Still good but definitely a step down from S1. I'd give it a 7 but for the love of Holo:

8/10
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 23, 2013 6:14 PM

Aug 2013
Glad the ending wasn't as bad of a cliffhanger as I thought it was going to be. That kiss scene was seriously the worst of romances I've seen so far, but their interaction throughout the series was very nice and refreshing. Time to continue the LN.
TazuOct 23, 2013 6:21 PM
Nov 5, 2013 6:02 PM

Jul 2009
I was actually waiting for more romance...the kiss was bad, you know? u watch 23 eps of an anime, is supposed they would actually do a better kissing scene. If they do a 3rd season they better put a better put more romance there. 7/10
Nov 18, 2013 10:44 PM

Jul 2013
All that pent up excitement while waiting for a kiss and they gave us a peck?! There better be a 3rd season.
Like most of the series, I didn't completely follow every plot twist and the sudden pick-up in the pace of the story at the climax but it was definitely enioyable.

Everyone acclaimed this anime to be the best, a definite 10/10, I've heard. I just didn't see that, it was still exceptional but it gets a 8.5/10 from me.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jan 4, 2014 9:46 AM

Feb 2013
The first season was better but it was still a good season. Now its time to read the light novels.

8/10
Jan 12, 2014 11:48 PM

May 2011
anime-cat said:
All that pent up excitement while waiting for a kiss and they gave us a peck?! There better be a 3rd season.
Like most of the series, I didn't completely follow every plot twist and the sudden pick-up in the pace of the story at the climax but it was definitely enioyable.

This. I felt cheated having watched 26 episodes just to see such a sheepish ending. It wasn't bad but not particularly good either.

On a side note, I don't think anyone understood every single plot point and conversation in Spice and Wolf. To be honest, about a 1/3 of the series went straight over my head as the MC and his female companion have a nasty habit of using analogies for every single conversation ("It wouldn't be sheep I'd be counting on top of my bed" etc.)
"The feels man, the feels..."
Jan 16, 2014 5:56 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwnnn, now I understand why people are mad there's no third season :(

Ève was so greedy, I guess it shouldn't be surprising, but still, I thought she would have been a better person. That salt thing was bugging me, now I understand why.

So they're was a kiss in the end :)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 10, 2014 7:32 AM
Jan 2014
As with the first half the ending felt lackluster it still deserves a 9 or 10 in My book though. Now time for LN's
Mar 13, 2014 4:25 AM
Mar 2013
That kiss was probably a mistake with the animation. Anyways, I WANT MORE!!!! MORE HOLO PLZ Q_Q.
Mar 17, 2014 3:37 AM

Aug 2012
Kinda weak for an ending, but the first half (ep 1-6) of the series was really good so i gave it 8/10.

+ Holo
+ Holo's voice
+ Great supporting characters
+ Awesome OP song

- No Nora
- Weak ending

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Mar 22, 2014 3:52 AM

May 2012
I agree that the ending was a tad weak, but overall it was concluded in a manner I am satisfied with.

What I liked about this anime from Episode one to the ending was the slow and gentle pace and the light storyline.

Anime are nowadays packed with wayyyy too much scifi action harem stuff and Spice and Wolf did the trick for me by reverting to an everyday - merchant setting.

The romance was well executed and the confession was good (albeit a bit emotionless).

This anime is in the top half of my list :)
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Mar 29, 2014 2:31 PM

Dec 2012
Well now I know why people strongly rally for a season 3. Very enjoyable sequel. Although I enjoyed the Pyrite arc exponentially more than this one, it was still intriguing and the confrontation with Eve was intense. The confession and sudden outpour of emotions was satisfying, even if the kiss was underwhelming. I like how they ended with the bell ringing and the beautiful scenery, it made the last part all the more powerful.

Overall this was an enjoyable continuation of S&W. I loved the various dialogues and conversations that went on, especially between Horo and Lawrence. It was great to see Lawrence getting wittier and more clever with his words, leaving even Horo speechless at times. The focus of this season was also different, since there was less emphasis on world and lore building and more attention to the romantic development.

Going to say either an 8 or 9/10, at this point I don't expect a sequel but I'll perk up as quickly as Horo when she smells fine wine and meat should one ever get announced.
Apr 27, 2014 8:30 AM
May 2012
Meh.

Such potential went to waste. The ending left me unsatisfied.
Jun 8, 2014 8:17 PM

Apr 2012
Oh man that's such a good ending... fitting for a couple like Lawrence and Horo.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 13, 2014 5:21 PM

Sep 2013
Really liked this anime, I hope we get another season. 9/10
Jun 14, 2014 6:31 AM

Apr 2014
Good season but not nearly as good as the first. It's probably because there wasn't enough horo screentime and most the screentime between the 2 was huge drama instead of their fun back and worth banter. Also, that kiss was awful, no funny comments from horo or embarrassment from Lawrence, there was no reaction to it what so ever. For their first kiss, it seemed anti-climatic and like something an old couple would do out of habit. It was also probably the most poorly animated part of the entire show.
appidoJun 14, 2014 6:35 AM
Jun 16, 2014 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
Heck yeah, Lawrence confessed his love to Holo! :D

Also, this has been said to death and I shall say it again: there better be a third season!!
Jul 10, 2014 3:51 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, what a weak ending. I just can't... I still can't believe it ended like that 5 years ago. I need more Holo. Give me the third season. Mushishi had one after 8 years if I recall correctly, then there is still hope I guess. Let's hope it doesn't take 8 years too. I won't put to much hope though, so I'll get into the LN right away!
Aug 1, 2014 1:11 AM

May 2011
I have to admit it was pretty confusing to follow some of the events that transpired in this episode but after going through this thread and reading some very nice discussion in page 7 by Bash and Aironic, everything does make more sense and I find myself appreciating this ending (or actually, the entire second arc tbh) a whole lot more. It was definitely great to see Lawrence find a way to get himself out of this lose-lose situation with Holo so he can fulfill his new desire and continue to stay by her side while this journey continues. Not to mention how nice it was to see him taking charge like that and confessing his love for her while also going in for a kiss(?). Ahh, that whole scene was just so satisfying to see.

Hopefully, there eventually will be a third season because I definitely need to see more of the perfect duo of Holo and Lawrence. Definitely going to keep an eye out for the continued releases of the novel and manga translations though.
ZeroZxAug 1, 2014 1:16 AM
Aug 7, 2014 7:01 AM

Oct 2013
Beautiful ending, i hope there'll be the 3rd season since the novel ended 3 years ago, and that kiss scene doe it was strange but cute at the sametime and finally Lawrence said that he love Horo..

Overall score 9/10
Sep 30, 2014 8:32 PM

Apr 2014
Sicilian said:
Ending was just beautiful...
---------My Profile------------
Oct 8, 2014 1:03 PM

Jul 2014
All good things must come to an end I suppose :'(
Oct 25, 2014 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
I didn't like the ending that much, probably because I knew there's more material and it doesn't have a season 3, if it had more seasons I'd probably like this ending (despite the animation in the kissing being really shitty)

however since it only had this season I can't accept this as being "THE" end. I jsut can't, give us a season 3 already
Nov 16, 2014 2:14 PM
Nov 2014
I know for now that no one knows if there is going to be a 3rd season...but I just would want to know if somebody was in form about the show future..maybe they are busy with another show or something but they should at least inform us about the show..lol ..I just finished reading the light novel..and its great but I also want to finish it by seeing the show too..if there is anything that can help me please reply back...thank you
Nov 16, 2014 2:37 PM
Nov 2014
Look I just wish that spice and wolf could continue in the show for many more seasons...I just hope that we can get some news sooner...for me I think there is a 3rd season and more its just that I think they are busy or planning out in how to do the show..lol
Nov 29, 2014 8:37 PM

Nov 2011
It's amusing to me, seeing people react to Holo's lack of a reaction at the end of this episode when that has been one of her defining traits up until now. In situations that would get most people upset or flustered, she remains calm and reasonable. Despite this, she bawled in front of Lawrence moments before they kissed and did indeed flush a few moments afterwards.

It's not the kiss that embarrasses her, but the relationship/commitment. It was a beautiful moment.

Then, instead of a happily ever after, we are shown a scene which emphasizes that, rather than the end, this is only the beginning. The doors slam shut behind Lawrence and Holo. The security they once had, both literally and emotionally, is gone. Yet, the world is still moving. Snow slowly falls to the ground; buildings are burning; ships set sail; and their livelihood's sum is escaping. A harsh world lies before them, but now they're facing it together, hand in hand.

Needless to say, I could care less if I disagree with over 90% of this thread's posters. That was a superb ending.

This improved on the first season in every way. The side characters were no longer irrelevant (like Chloe); the plot (Holo's destination) got more focus; and the relationship between Holo and Lawrence's developed more. Plus, we still got the interesting economics that made the first season so unique.

I see nothing worthy of discrediting this a 10.

I'll certainly try to follow up with the light novels. I hardly ever find stories I love both critically and subjectively.
Dec 9, 2014 6:41 AM

Sep 2014
Nothing else left to say except MORE!! I haven't had enough of Holo haha!

I wasn't fully satisfied with the ending but they ended it with a kiss so no problem~ Although I would prefer it if they ended a great show with more flare.. Nonetheless, this is a great anime with a good storyline and awesome character interactions/developments (mostly Lawrence and Holo).. Overall, I enjoyed watching this and definitely a recommendable show to watch..

~ 9/10 ~
Dec 14, 2014 2:33 PM

Sep 2014
Just finished both seasons. Great anime, that's for sure. Just splendid. Loved most of it. As for the ending, well, it wasn't much of an ending, more like unfinished and I don't really like that as it seems there isn't another season coming. Well in any case, great story. Liked both of the seasons although I might agree that the drama in the second one was bit too much, but the romance played greater part too, so it's fine. I am probably gonna read the novel once I am done with what I'm reading now.

10/10
ImaishiDec 14, 2014 3:08 PM
Dec 31, 2014 12:02 PM

Dec 2013
woah that must be the worst kiss scene I've seen
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 3, 2015 10:29 PM

Nov 2012
Not as good as S1 imo,but still pretty good 7/10.

Sucks a S3 is unlikely at this point.
Jan 18, 2015 10:53 PM
Jan 2014
Woulda killed that Abe fucker if I were Lawrence.
Jan 23, 2015 9:57 AM
Jan 2014
vvvpqsw said:
IZUMI64 said:

not look like a kiss,,but thanks

Maybe its gonna get fixed in the DVDs..

Anyway, I was expecting a french kiss.

i made his mouth a little better but it still looks weird http://imgur.com/t7XojxS
Jan 23, 2015 7:35 PM

Aug 2014
now i know why people want a 3rd seasond
Feb 13, 2015 4:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I must say that I'm pretty disappointed on some level with this episode. The most anticipated moment of the whole series and it seemed like they got their 3rd choice animator to do the kiss and confession scene. Come on!

Anyway, the entirety of S&W is a very enjoyable watch. The relationship between Lawrence and Holo is one of the better accomplished ones in anime and provided me with plenty of smiles and laughs along the way.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 18, 2015 10:57 AM

Mar 2012
Well it was good but not as good as S1. Wasn't a fan of the silly love battle which took the first half of S2. The rest was alright but overall a bit stressful to watch at times.

Then there's also the fact that S3 still hasn't been made : /
Mar 24, 2015 12:18 PM
Mar 2015
I know this is late, but I just binged seasons 1 and 2 in like 2-3 days and have a question. I'm posting on this forum because there was recent activity. In episode 11, when Horo said something along the lines of "It's not the thought of being at your deathbed that scares me, I'm used to that" is she referring to the fact that she's used to having those thoughts or used to being with others at their deathbeds. Now, I dont care much if they're virgins or not (though there may be some wishful hoping on my part) but I just want it clarified so I can think up of upcoming problems in their relationship when I pick up the light novels (or STILL HOPING for a season 3 xD)
Mar 24, 2015 1:51 PM
Aug 2009
TemperedSteel said:
In episode 11, when Horo said something along the lines of "It's not the thought of being at your deathbed that scares me, I'm used to that" is she referring to the fact that she's used to having those thoughts or used to being with others at their deathbeds.

It's probably both... she'd surely be used to seeing people die and thinking about it, given her lifespan. Her actual fear at that point in the story is that she will get too attached to him, and it will only end with her being in more pain after they break up or he dies.

To sum up what's going on in this arc between them;

Mar 24, 2015 2:59 PM
Mar 2015
Thanks. Have you read the light novels? If so, how accurate is the anime and where should i start from? I know they skipped volume 4, but that's about it
Mar 24, 2015 6:28 PM

Feb 2015
Ookami to Koushinryou was a great series. I liked the second season even more than the first one. This series had the best female main character I've seen. The character development was also nearly perfect. And the steadily evolving relationship between the two main characters was the best romantic relationship I've seen. I truly hope that someday they will make a season 3 for this series.
Those who have chalk, shall draw.
Mar 30, 2015 4:18 AM

Oct 2014
How this series doesn't have 6 seasons, and a movie really baffles me.
The story is too freaken good not to be animated. I now know how most of you feel.

Was Spice and Wolf not popular in Japan? Only thing I can think of.
Apr 3, 2015 2:03 PM

Jan 2013
That was dumb
Apr 8, 2015 1:55 PM

Nov 2013
lawrence is love. finally a level headed male protag who doesn't blush and stumble at every hurdle! a charming intelligent guy too. it feels like it has been a while lol. they have great chemistry :>
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 10, 2015 9:44 AM

Mar 2015
Just watched the two seasons and this is one of the best anime that already watch. I was very sad to see that the anime did not finish the story, and the fact that already makes nearly 6 years and there is no sign of a third season is very depressing. All that remains is to read the light novels to see the end of the story.
I do not know if I can watch this anime again since the end left a huge void that no other anime can complete.

it is a shame that the light novels have not been released here in Brazil. I would really love to read the light novels in my native language.
DanilloMartinsApr 10, 2015 9:49 AM
Apr 25, 2015 4:26 AM

Nov 2014
If you are from Brazil, did you tried to look on the web? There are tons of translations made by your country .. weird not finding one :O

I didn´t liked the last episode. Just heart broken (in a bad way) .. what a horrible end to such a beautiful series. Such realationship should have an ending. I don´t know how it didn´t had success ... It took way the 9/10 that i had for this anime. The simplicity and the beauty of their relationship has no equal (at least so far i didn´t saw anything close to it).

Well the only thing we can do now, is wait .. maybe when i get thirty i will be able to watch the third season *.*

Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dbaranyi - Aug 12, 2009

292 by 0451 »»
Aug 12, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

dbaranyi - Aug 5, 2009

205 by 0451 »»
Jul 29, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Derp - Jul 30, 2009

150 by 0451 »»
Jul 24, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HikaruKaneko - Jul 23, 2009

257 by 0451 »»
Jul 15, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

dbaranyi - Jul 15, 2009

126 by 0451 »»
Jul 8, 12:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.