Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2010 2:15 PM

Jun 2009
Such a bittersweet ending, a special thing indeed; it wasn't overly dramatic furthermore the episode was well mixed with humor and the upbeat atmosphere that K-ON!! has maintained since its first season.

I cried, it's no secret but I admit felt more touched by Sawako's moments. It was nice to have the show not only focused in the Light Music Club's departure but see also how it affects the other characters too.

The song they composed for Azusa was one of the best of the whole series, and conveyed the meaning of friendship; I loved how every one of the girls sang part of the song.

I'm gladly surprised with K-ON!! While it doesn't have the most clever or original plot, its premise was pretty much dull, had a strong moe aim, and it had some slow episodes and boring moments that weren't needed it managed to attach you to its characters one way or another.
It demostrated that an anime doesn't need anything too complicated to be a very enjoyable experience, even if it's just a simple slice-of-life.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Oct 1, 2010 5:55 PM

Apr 2008
it would be nice to follow them to college. :)

I will really miss this series. This was fluff done right, and I loved the characters! The music was great, as well.
Oct 2, 2010 2:07 AM
Apr 2010
LOTS of lols in this episode.
Oct 2, 2010 10:09 AM
Jul 2008
No, I don't want it to end! TT__TT
Oct 2, 2010 4:08 PM

Jul 2008
Damn, they really messed with the music when Azusa was crying. The music made me laugh instead of crying like episode 20 did. I really wish episode 20 would have been the last episode because it was so fucking good.

I'm gonna miss this show, but there's always another show like this to fill the void.
Oct 8, 2010 10:49 PM
Apr 2007
Totally felt like Azunyan, and bawled along with her T_T.

HTT forever. <3
Oct 9, 2010 8:56 AM

May 2009
Probably gonna get lost in a 11 page thread but what the heck:

I felt this ep ended too abruptly for an end-of-main-plot ep but hey. 2 more on the way so can't complain.

As for overall, Im watching season 1 up to ep 12 and can safely say season 1 was 41234124x more funny. But 2nd season is really making me MUST NOT CRY, especially during the new song..fuck those lyrics ='(

But like others have said, Im glad I didn't listen to the fuckin haters and picked up this moeshit. It isn't successful just bcos of some 'moe otaku frenzy', other moe anime before this were nowhere near successful. Haters gonna hate, but they can't deny this is the most technically impressive slifeoflife youre ever gonna see. Its the attention to detail bringing this anime to life, not a fucking 'moe wave' that makes this succesful.
Oct 10, 2010 1:40 PM

Mar 2008
NOOOOO! I don't want K-ON8 to end! :(
Now i'm wondering what they'll include in the movie? Life in university and music? Good thing i'll get my copy of te game tomorrow, and the manga is coming in november :D
K-ON FOREVER! :D
Oct 10, 2010 9:58 PM

Jul 2009
oh well all things must come at end.

still the episode really went so fast, not that's over we still have 2 episodes left.

poor azu~nyan crying at the end :(
Oct 13, 2010 12:23 AM
Jul 2009
Seriously, I think this episode is the saddest anime episode I've ever watched. It's more sad than Angel Beats! episode 9 & 10, Code Geass R2 episode 24 and even Clannad After Story episode 18 & 19.
Oct 16, 2010 6:46 PM
May 2009
no more k-on manga
no more k-on anime

/sniff

MANLY TEARS i say manly....manly...tears....oh who the hell am i kidding
Oct 19, 2010 6:03 AM

Oct 2008
I don't really cry at anime (or anything) all that often, and when I do I stop crying pretty quickly, but this ep.. I sobbed on and off throughout the whole thing. The song really got to me.
I will miss this show so much ;_;
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Oct 20, 2010 3:52 PM

Dec 2009
Loved the ending of this anime. Was quite sad but still heartwarming hearing that song.
Nov 13, 2010 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
Finally finished it
after many trys to marathon it... always after 5 eps in a row i had to stop (and re-try some days later)

aniway last Ep was kinda ok... maybe bcs i watched this on streaming some time ago just to flame a fangirl friend on my msn, i din't feel sad about Azusa at all.. maybe because Nodoka was my fav over the entire anime. aniway i will not miss this, it was kinda ok, lame at times, some episodes it gaved me some great laughts and funny moments.. is something like "watch it one time and thats all", watched the 2 extra already.

7/10 for the entire season 2, at least it was far more entertainment than the first one
Nov 22, 2010 6:29 PM

May 2010
Aww, it makes me wanna cry T_T
I was eating some cake while watching thins and my legs felt all heavy when I walked to the kitchen to put away my plate. My mom was like "What's the matter?"
And I said "K-On's about to end, mother! Why!!??"
Nov 23, 2010 10:09 PM

Aug 2008
coolmikeol said:
This episode was so heart touching. I expected to cry a bit while watching this, but I didn't, probably because the way KyoAni made the episode was in a more realistic way without too much real drama, the feeling I got from watching this is the exact same way I felt during my high school graduation. It's a strange feeling that you only feel at that part of your life, happiness and sadness combined to make a bittersweet ending of a time in your life where you don't have to worry too much about the problems of life.

I loved the song that they made for Azusa. I can definitely feel how Azusa feels, knowing that the everyday life of being with the Keion-bu is gone. I think at the end of the song when Azusa says that the song isn't very good, it's a reference to what she said when she first met the light music club when they first performed for her trying to recruit her for the club.

As for Sawako-sensei, I feel bad for her too as she also has to see off her first class of students. That's probably how most teachers feel like during their first couple of graduation ceremonies for their students.

There are still two more episodes left, though the main storyline is already completed. These extras will probably be about Azusa and contain a couple more songs too.

I can't believe it's over. I still have this confused feeling of happiness of the friendship they all have but the sadness of them parting ways to move on to their future. That's the hardest part though, once that feeling of attachment to your high school life fades into memories, you start to move forward towards the future, where your destiny lies.
You pretty much said what I wanted to say T_T Just want to say that I broke when Azusa was looking them play and started to cry all hard.... I just broke and shed some tears man! Buuu quite sad.... the Blackcoard part of Sawako was saaad as Hell and that Yell of hers "Take back your asses as fast as posible you can" really surprised me! Great episode to end the "Main Plot"

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2010 8:57 PM

Jan 2010
such a good ending,it was as good as the 1st season ending,maybe even better
when Azusa started crying,i started crying ;(,lol

and also that moment when the students wrote about Sawa-chan on the blackboard,it was really touching when she said "how am i supposed to erase that?"

great k-on :)
5/5

i wonder what will the extra episodes be about
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 3, 2010 8:12 AM

Feb 2010
I managed most of the episode pretty well. Azusa's breakdown at the end asking them to stay got me teared up. The song immediately after didn't help things. Ugh, now imma be sad all day...
Dec 13, 2010 4:15 PM

May 2010
Is it not needless to say that I cried? I think this was one of the best epsiodes. K-ON is defnintly my favourite school life anime. Without a doubt. The song they sang to Azusa really got me. Just beautiful.
Dec 15, 2010 7:13 PM
Jun 2009
Great stuff!!
Probably the best eps I've watched yhis season.
Dec 17, 2010 12:43 AM
Jun 2008
I couldn't stop crying at this episode ;~;. I like how this season was completely different to the first in almost every way. The first K-ON was like a simple slice of life and the second retained it but also subtly built it into a coming of age story.
Jan 30, 2011 10:34 PM

May 2010
normally when i watch this kind of endings i will just simply feel sad and forget abt it 2wks ltr

this is the 1st one dat actually made me cry and will probably make me rmb it for a long while more. everything shown after sawa-chan gt their card was extremely touching and simply made my tears drop non stop. and watching azusa cry and begging them not to go only made things worse.

although i have to say the bgm at dat point was not exactly fitting. sounded too bouncy for such a heartbreaking scene

and their new song was great. in 1 amazing song they managed to bring out everything they wanted to say to azusa. during this song i didnt even bother wiping away my tears, cos i knew it will just come bk. this ep was that great. 100/10 for greatness

Feb 9, 2011 2:05 AM

Feb 2011
I really loved this ending... and Azusa's breakdown was really adorable.
Feb 11, 2011 12:34 AM

Nov 2010
I cried, I laughed, and I got chills. Ending was so touching, and the song was great. I wish there was more, but there couldn't of been a more perfect ending.
Mar 15, 2011 7:47 PM

Dec 2006
;O; what a sad/happy ending/beginning, I cried a lot T___T

I liked the song :3 I wish I could have heard it before my graduation last year :C

This is the best slice of life I've ever seen if there is anything better please tell me! x3
Mar 24, 2011 10:09 AM
Jun 2010
I nearly lost it when Sawa-chan almost cried after seeing the messages on the board. And I really wanted to give Azusa a huge hug when she started crying. Loved the song, each one sang a part <3
Apr 17, 2011 9:37 AM

Jul 2009
Awww.. Why it becomes so sad in the end ;_; I have no words...

About whole series - I thought there will be more subcharacter development T_T I think the first season was much better, but after this episode second season wasn't so bad.

Also still like Mio from endings, especially her gaze :3
Apr 22, 2011 10:29 PM

Oct 2010
When I started this season, I didn't like it as much as the first. But as I watched more and more episodes, I started loving it. ♥ I'm glad I watched it 'till the end. ;w;

I loved the song for Azusa. It's now my favorite! \m/ ...everyone got to sing! ;A;
[insert awesome signature here]
May 18, 2011 1:50 PM

Apr 2010
The song for Azusa is great! They all sing! I heard Mugi-chan's singing! Azusa made my cry T_T. Anyway, it's a wonderful episode.
Jun 9, 2011 1:57 PM

May 2010
One of the best episodes of K-ON!!

Next year, almost all of my close friends are graduating, and we're all in band together, so it's going to be like how Azusa felt.

A really bittersweet ending. But I loved it. 5/5.
Jun 19, 2011 8:35 AM
Jul 2010
lanachan said:
When I started this season, I didn't like it as much as the first. But as I watched more and more episodes, I started loving it. ♥ I'm glad I watched it 'till the end. ;w;
Same here. The first one was pointless but a whole lot of fun. This one seemed pointless as well but not so much fun. However, I started realizing that both fun times, and boring times are part of life, and I started appreciating how this anime portrays ordinary school life. And as I started getting to the last few episodes, it only became better. This one in particularly, conveyed the nostalgic feeling quite well. Not too over dramatic but still a bit sad. I really liked this episode, I absolutely loved the song and I confess I even teared up a bit. That's the second time in K-On!! Never thought such a thing could happen.
Jul 10, 2011 6:39 AM
May 2011
Dusk252 said:
lanachan said:
Same here. The first one was pointless but a whole lot of fun. This one seemed pointless as well but not so much fun. However, I started realizing that both fun times, and boring times are part of life, and I started appreciating how this anime portrays ordinary school life. And as I started getting to the last few episodes, it only became better. This one in particularly, conveyed the nostalgic feeling quite well. Not too over dramatic but still a bit sad. I really liked this episode, I absolutely loved the song and I confess I even teared up a bit. That's the second time in K-On!! Never thought such a thing could happen.

This. I have nothing to add, a really great ending for a good series.
Aug 20, 2011 10:38 AM

Aug 2008
Aw Sawa-chan's goodbye speech was so moving.
Poor Azusa couldn't hold back her tears any longer. I love the song, it describes HTT perfectly.
Sep 14, 2011 9:43 PM

Apr 2009
I almost cried..I miss my Highschool days..:(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2011 1:07 PM

Aug 2011
I just finished watching episode 24, and that last song really got me. Felt choked up at one point. During the past few months, I've been slowing watching these K-on episodes. I've grown accustomed to all the little quirks of all the characters. Man, just thinking about it, K-on really moved me. I've spend so much time watching these girls slacking off, drinking tea, practicing their music and just living their lives that I'm going to miss watching them on a regular basis. It is certainly bittersweet that these characters is going to move on to better things. Moving on is hard, but the future is still bright!

Looking forward to the motion picture! ^^
Dec 13, 2011 11:04 PM

Oct 2010
I cried with Azusa... I'm in my school's Symphonic Band and the song got me thinking about my section mates... My seniors are going to graduate sometime in the future as well...
Dec 14, 2011 11:32 PM

Oct 2011
well, dont be sad that it ended, be glad that it took place. k-on is 11/10 for me, really cant wait for the movie :D
Nope.
Dec 26, 2011 1:05 PM

Jun 2011
K-On! made me cry again...
Jan 6, 2012 6:38 PM
Jul 2009
Awww, such a nice end, and what fantastic anime it turned out to be! I have to admit that I cried when Azusa did. :P I don't really know what to say other than that I appreciated every single episode.
Feb 20, 2012 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
And....it's over. From when I started the first episode of K-On! almost 3 months, i've really come to know and love these characters. And now it's just.....over. I don't know what to say about this series, other than I loved it a lot more than I thought I would. I really only started watching it because I HAD to know what the big deal with this series is, and I completely got this series. I am now a HUGE K-ON! fan. I really hope the second season comes out in the US at some point.

Anyway, back to this episode: It was amazing. I will fully admit I cried manly tears at the end when Azusa broke down all the way to the end. I love all the characters in the show, but Azusa became my favorite this season. Such a great song. It was really nice of them to write a song for her. I knew something really sad with Azusa would surely happen. I knew it all season, but the end always seemed so far away. And now...it's over.

I understand the empty feeling that others were talking about. I don't know what to do now that the series is over. I could rewatch some episodes, but it wouldn't be the same. At this point, at least, I still have the movie and continuing manga to look forward to. I hope there is a third season, there HAS TO BE! Look at how popular this series is in Japan. How could they not make another season?!? Hopefully there will be a new season when the manga gets farther.

I'd just like to say that I think this is really a special series for those who really love it. After spending almost 3 months watching these girls, just knowing that their High School days are over is saddening. Having recently graduated myself, I understand the feelings. I feel so bad for Azusa. I hope the band completely reunites at some point. Maybe it would of been better for them to stopped at the High School Graduation part, as it's a really good stopping point. I only hope the future of this series will be in the same high quality that this season was.

Fair well K-On! series, I hope that i'll get to come back to you soon.
Mar 6, 2012 12:14 PM
Nov 2011
I told myself I wouldn't cry, but I cried so hard my head hurts. It was so cute how they made a song for Azusa, and all of them sang:'D definitely one of the best episodes. And then they played Fuwa Fuwa Time which kept the tears coming. I cried for a solid ten to fifteen minutes.
Apr 17, 2012 5:09 AM

Feb 2008
Great, this just made me cry for like 30 minutes...

It's happy, but at the same time I feel sad and extremely depressed. The first time I watched this it didn't have that kind of impact, but now... I wasn't expecting that.
Jun 9, 2012 3:30 PM

Sep 2011
That was a damn good song. Love it. A very enjoyable series. ^^
Jun 16, 2012 4:33 PM

Sep 2011
Well that was sad... T_T
Can't wait to see the two extras and the movie. I hope they will show how their life went on. Though I can already guess that Azusa will go to the same university next year.
Jul 22, 2012 8:08 AM

Jul 2010
Such a touching ending. Azusa couldn't keep up her tough act all the way through. I almost started bawling too when she did. ;_;

The song they performed for her was great. I also like the fact that they all took turns singing.

Two episodes and the movie left!

Aug 22, 2012 12:25 PM

May 2012
Great ending episode was very awesome and emotional! Up to the last 2 extra's and than the special :D
Sep 2, 2012 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
That was so touching! I feel so bad for Azunyan!!! T_T. But that was an amazing last episode!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 2, 2012 10:36 PM

Mar 2012
I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or anything.. but..
Even though the current K-on manga has ended.

New K-on Manga is either in production, or only just announced (forgot). It will be able the K-on girls in University. And then there will be a side story about Azusa in 3rd yr High school, and new members of K-On-Bu.

Since the manga isnt even out yet.. It'll probably be 1-2 years before the tv anime version will be in production.

But i am very very looking forward to the new K-on!

Tanoshiminishiteiru!!
Sep 5, 2012 8:26 AM

Apr 2008
blob2004 said:
I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or anything.. but..
Even though the current K-on manga has ended.

New K-on Manga is either in production, or only just announced (forgot). It will be able the K-on girls in University. And then there will be a side story about Azusa in 3rd yr High school, and new members of K-On-Bu.

Since the manga isnt even out yet.. It'll probably be 1-2 years before the tv anime version will be in production.

But i am very very looking forward to the new K-on!

Tanoshiminishiteiru!!

What are you talking about?
The manga for K-ON, the one that's finished now, went on to uni years, but they failed at it apparently.
The ruined K-ON at that part.
So it's better not to read the manga passed the part in this finale.

Though I wouldn't mind if they made a remake of the uni years, tried again.
But I highly doubt that'll happen.

Oct 2, 2012 7:03 AM

May 2012
McRib said:
The end of an era ;_;

I cried, and cried. This episode was so sad. I don't want to see it end. :(
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

pitman - Aug 17, 2010

362 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Jun 22, 11:44 PM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

throwaway513846 - Jul 13, 2010

134 by Abeke »»
Jun 8, 9:09 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Aug 10, 2010

144 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Jun 2, 12:16 AM

» Ritsu Tainaka is really underrated. She deserves more appreciation

Arminken - May 1

22 by canadasnow »»
May 25, 2:08 PM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Aug 3, 2010

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 23, 7:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.