Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 12, 2018 6:25 AM

Oct 2017
Killing said:
Seen it. I think it is okay for me. Visual is great. Fight scenes were cool for flashy sfx and sound (especially for lancer vs assassin), but I think it has mediocre choreography and rhythms for fight scenes. The pacing is really my problem. The prologue is slow and a little bit boring for me, but the latter part feel really rush like copy-paste and seem confusing though I've seen fate zero and ubw. I think it could be better if UFO can fix the pacing problems. I can't feel the mysterious atmosphere like I feel in KnK. I still think manga has better pacing and build up for mysterious in HF and the artwork is really good too.
7/10

p.s For me F/Z is still the best fate adaptation to anime. It has really good pacing and the build up to climax is great.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the same problem watching this despite watching Zero and UBW already.

This one is by far the one with worst pacing out of the 3.
May 12, 2018 6:37 AM
Jun 2015
Shayon said:
Alter_A said:

Is this bait?
If it is, you got me.
If not, can't wait to see you eat your own words when movie 2 and 3 come out.

He's not going to eat them because most of her screen time has been cut.

Read what I said again please.
"most of her screen time has been cut"
How about we wait until the trilogy completes airing before reaching that conclusion?
May 12, 2018 7:26 AM

Mar 2010
liked it, but can't really give it a 5 until the other 2 movies are out.

not complyning, but to me it seems that the time frames where changed and some scenes altered, also it now contains bits of "Ataraxia". (wonder if they will include riders story also)
May 12, 2018 7:43 AM
May 2018
Ummmm what ending of this movie (or route) is gonna get adopt is it the bad,normal or true end?
(Just to make sure)
May 12, 2018 8:32 AM

Oct 2014
I-LOVE-FRIDGE697 said:
Ummmm what ending of this movie (or route) is gonna get adopt is it the bad,normal or true end?
(Just to make sure)

Not announced, but they will probably adapt the true end.
May 12, 2018 1:33 PM
Feb 2017
Budget. Great animation and battle choreographing. Especially Lancer vs Assassin. I REALLY love Sakura now and I hate seaweed even more. I'd like to know the exact theater date for the next movie. I not watching this in theater.

The subs i was watching where also really bad. Almost every time Sakura said "Senpai" it was spelled "Sempalf".

Oh, and the song in the credits was pretty neat.

May 12, 2018 1:39 PM

Jan 2009
SpongySquish said:

The subs i was watching where also really bad. Almost every time Sakura said "Senpai" it was spelled "Sempalf".

lol you must be watching from streaming sites

just download from torrents, i have watch this fansubs release of the movie [N4O] Fate Stay Night - Heaven's Feel I.presage flower [BD 720p Hi444PP AAC][90491747]
May 12, 2018 1:47 PM
Feb 2017
deg said:
SpongySquish said:

lol you must be watching from streaming sites

just download from torrents, i have watch this fansubs release of the movie [N4O] Fate Stay Night - Heaven's Feel I.presage flower [BD 720p Hi444PP AAC][90491747]

Yes, i did watch it that way this one time...

May 12, 2018 4:42 PM

Oct 2016
What can I say? The beginning was absolutely perfect: amazing OST, great scenario, characterization right on the spot... But then when the movie reaches "the day" that everything changes, and I don't fucking know why, but they've SKIPPED all the important stuff (Shirou summoning Saber, Saber vs Lancer, Saber vs Archer, Shirou finding out that Rin is a Master, etc.) and went straight into the church scene. How the fuck a newbie into the Fate series is supposed to know what is going on like this? And even the veterans should want to see that important stuff they've cut out. The pacing, that was so good at the beginning, starts to become messed up out of nowhere. From them, the movie becomes a rollercoaster: some awesome and excited scenes, followed by boring ones, and then goes on until the end basically. I'm giving it 7/10, that I think it's fair enough.
May 12, 2018 7:32 PM

Feb 2011
Darken_BR said:
What can I say? The beginning was absolutely perfect: amazing OST, great scenario, characterization right on the spot... But then when the movie reaches "the day" that everything changes, and I don't fucking know why, but they've SKIPPED all the important stuff (Shirou summoning Saber, Saber vs Lancer, Saber vs Archer, Shirou finding out that Rin is a Master, etc.) and went straight into the church scene. How the fuck a newbie into the Fate series is supposed to know what is going on like this? And even the veterans should want to see that important stuff they've cut out. The pacing, that was so good at the beginning, starts to become messed up out of nowhere. From them, the movie becomes a rollercoaster: some awesome and excited scenes, followed by boring ones, and then goes on until the end basically. I'm giving it 7/10, that I think it's fair enough.

It's already animated in UBW, you're probably supposed to already have finished UBW when watching this movie. Think of it this way: it's kinda the same thing as MCU, if you go to Infinity War without watching the other movies you kinda won't get shit.
May 12, 2018 7:44 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Watching this movie, it just feels that ufotable was born to adapt Heaven's Feel.
Taking some of the best from KnK and FZ.
What an insane movie, as a major fan of Heaven's Feel, the movie did exceed even my own expectations.

Of course I m sure they skipped some scenes I liked (hoping for 2nd Movie to have LOTS of Illya), but looking towards the big picture the atmosphere is there, there are no questions about the audio and animation when you have Ufotable at the top of their game along with a more than welcomed return of Yuki Kajura.

What did surprise me where those extra details, like when Illya asks Saber if she remnenbers the name Einzbern, she was clearly disappointed that Saber didnt recall, stating that Heroic Spirits arent supposed to, other details like Gilgamesh appearing at the church while Shirou was there.
We could also see with a careful look that whenever Sakura is involved, Rin dont hesitat and decides to join to Shirou side.

All these details mattered to me, same for those original first 15 minutes, taking in considering this is an adaptation from an totally different medium, it was genius of them adding these, it really shows that the person in charge is a major fan of the series himself.
Shadow perform is great, didnt feel much dread but those tentacles were rather creepy.

Mapu Tofu was short but on point

For last, Sakura's character is really shinning here, she was so cute, adorable, but also capable of hinting to her darker past, and also leave some major teases for what is yet to come.

I only wished the movie was a bit longer and actually stopped after Sakura rain scene.

9.2/10 = 9

The wait will be long, we should see the BDs for 2nd Movie coming out during March-May 2019. ;(
Meanwhile I will have to rewatch this movie a couple of times~~
May 12, 2018 7:51 PM
Oct 2016
4 out of 5.
*Caster - I have to say I just wish they would stop punking Caster in every version of stay night. It's usually Gilgamesh interfering with the battle suddenly and while it wasn't him this time it just sucks how quickly they ended her

*Casters master - same as above, just too damn quick of an ending

*Rider - I do like rider getting more scenes this time

*Lancer - lancer had a cool scene but ended too quickly. That said Fate/zero and unlimited bladeworks do better for lancer

Over all I loved this and my only beef is Id like to see this version of caster have a fair battle for once where someone doesn't interfere.
May 12, 2018 8:30 PM

Oct 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
Darken_BR said:

It's already animated in UBW, you're probably supposed to already have finished UBW when watching this movie. Think of it this way: it's kinda the same thing as MCU, if you go to Infinity War without watching the other movies you kinda won't get shit.

Yeah, this is the only explanation I can think of. They probably didn't have much screen time to spare, but it still feels that the movie misses some important stuff that should be there nevertheless.
May 12, 2018 9:11 PM

Apr 2016
This is literally "what the fuck" the movie. I genuinely don't know how to feel, and even after 30 minutes, my thoughts are just impossible to really collect. I'll probably need to see it a second time. I know I don't love this movie or dislike it at all, but it is certainly ominous, punishing, and bewildering.
May 12, 2018 11:26 PM

Aug 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
This is literally "what the fuck" the movie. I genuinely don't know how to feel, and even after 30 minutes, my thoughts are just impossible to really collect. I'll probably need to see it a second time. I know I don't love this movie or dislike it at all, but it is certainly ominous, punishing, and bewildering.

I believe that's 'End of Evangelion' you're describing.
May 13, 2018 12:13 AM

May 2015
I still dont know if im happy or sad about seibah
Theres nothing to shit about the movie its good cant wait for shiro on the next parts
May 13, 2018 1:40 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
CodeBlazeFate said:

What is in store is way more fucked up than this lsoft introduction though.
KnK is light compared to how heavy Heaven's Feel gets, thankfully it has an amazing ending that really leaves fullfiled. (that doesnt mean it is an happy ending though, just means it is outstanding~~)

Heaven's Feel in a way is VERY similiar to Lucia's Rewrite route (girl on my forum avatar), if any of the small amount of people that read it sees this, you should expect similiar destrutive vibes but a tad more insane in despair and fuckery.
May 13, 2018 4:11 AM

Apr 2016
Sanic_de_Hegehog said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

I believe that's 'End of Evangelion' you're describing.
End of Evangelion was way more comprehensible tho lol
Playcool said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

What is in store is way more fucked up than this lsoft introduction though.
KnK is light compared to how heavy Heaven's Feel gets, thankfully it has an amazing ending that really leaves fullfiled. (that doesnt mean it is an happy ending though, just means it is outstanding~~)

Heaven's Feel in a way is VERY similiar to Lucia's Rewrite route (girl on my forum avatar), if any of the small amount of people that read it sees this, you should expect similiar destrutive vibes but a tad more insane in despair and fuckery.
Interesting...
May 13, 2018 4:36 AM

Aug 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:

That's very, very debatable. I personally understood most of what was going on in this film, without any VN knowledge. I do think they had some disorienting transitions between fights, but it was still relatively easy to know what's going on.

War starts like in UBW
-> Archer is injured from the opening montage and Rin uses a command seal to make him withdraw (I will admit this was poorly communicated) so Saber fights Berserker alone
-> Shirou is healed by Avalon after his guts fall out
-> They encounter Rider and Shinji on the way home
-> Rider 'dies' and Zouken gets pissed at Shinji for failing so hard
-> Zouken uses Caster's false Assassin as a catalyst to summon the true Assassin
-> True Assassin kills Caster and her master
-> Shirou gets worried Zouken and Shinji might drag Sakura into the conflict so Rin advises he keep Sakura safe at his place
-> True Assassin lures Lancer to the mysterious entity and Lancer is 'devoured'
-> Zouken fights Rin and Shirou using Caster's corpse and the 'shadow' attacks them, swallowing Caster
-> Shirou learns that the shadow is responsible for comatose incidents, so decides to go after it while Rin attacks the Matou residence
-> True Assassin lures Saber into the shadow, but she is devoured without being killed first (unlike Lancer, Caster and fake Assassin (implied) who died before being devoured)
-> True Assassin is about to kill Shirou, so Rider saves him for reasons to be explained in the next movie (how she survived will most likely be explained later as well)

I do feel the film poorly communicated several things, but not in a way that causes complete confusion, but maybe that's just me.

If you think this is confusing I'd like to see what you think about the 5th Kara no Kyoukai film.
May 13, 2018 4:40 AM

Apr 2016
Sanic_de_Hegehog said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

That's very, very debatable. I personally understood most of what was going on in this film, without any VN knowledge. I do think they had some disorienting transitions between fights, but it was still relatively easy to know what's going on.

War starts like in UBW
-> Archer is injured from the opening montage and Rin uses a command seal to make him withdraw (I will admit this was poorly communicated) so Saber fights Berserker alone
-> Zouken uses Caster's false Assassin as a catalyst to summon the true Assassin
-> Shirou gets worried Zouken and Shinji might drag Sakura into the conflict so Rin advises he keep Sakura safe at his place
-> Zouken fights Rin and Shirou using Caster's corpse and the 'shadow' attacks them, swallowing Caster
-> Shirou learns that the shadow is responsible for comatose incidents, so decides to go after it while Rin attacks the Matou residence
-> True Assassin lures Saber into the shadow, but she is devoured without being killed first (unlike Lancer, Caster and fake Assassin (implied) who died before being devoured)
-> True Assassin is about to kill Shirou, so Rider saves him for reasons to be explained in the next movie (how she survived will most likely be explained later as well)
Yea, those are the easy ones. Not to mention there is some intentional mystery hidden in plain sight, making this more unnerving and more difficult to process. I do have some questions that I'm not sure will get answered:
May 13, 2018 4:49 AM

Aug 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
Yea, those are the easy ones. Not to mention there is some intentional mystery hidden in plain sight, making this more unnerving and more difficult to process. I do have some questions that I'm not sure will get answered:

I am 100% sure the first two points will be explained in movie 2. I'm pretty sure they are the exact same striped being. Why Zouken was worried is a mystery that I'm sure will be explained when they actually get around to telling us what that thing is in the next two films sometime. It appears Assassin and Zouken are the only characters who really know what it is so far. This is just speculation, but perhaps Assassin was luring other servants into it without Zouken's knowledge, or maybe Zouken didn't really know what it was until he saw it himself?
May 13, 2018 4:54 AM

Apr 2016
Sanic_de_Hegehog said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

I am 100% sure the first two points will be explained in movie 2. I'm pretty sure they are the exact same striped being. Why Zouken was worried is a mystery that I'm sure will be explained when they actually get around to telling us what that thing is in the next two films sometime. It appears Assassin and Zouken are the only characters who really know what it is so far. This is just speculation, but perhaps Assassin was luring other servants into it without Zouken's knowledge, or maybe Zouken didn't really know what it was until he saw it himself?
Apparently some say that the answers to these first two were cut, and even then, they're certainly more vital to know now than pretty much anything else related to this mystery that fucks up this grail war.
May 13, 2018 4:59 AM

Apr 2016
Shayon said:
Nurguburu said:
*Assassin seems to be too OP. He defeated Lancer, Caster, Saber and the other Assasin. Something is not ok!!

Not really, Kirei says that Assassin class servants don't have high combat skills, and that it would be impossible for Lancer to lose in a normal battle.

You can see Assassin taking advantage of the shadow in his fight against Lancer and Saber, luring them into a trap and then using his Noble Phantasm when they have to deal with two opponents all of a sudden.

For Caster, he had taken her master as a hostage and was super close to her. and for Kojiro, he came out of his corpse, so that wasn't even a fight.
Nurguburu said:
*How Rider come back?

She didn't die after the fight with Shinji, but was low on magical energy and went into spirit form.
Wait...WHAT?! How the...but the film made it looks like she died just like a typical servant would. His artifact that was related to her burned and everything. They really could have made that at least a tad more clear.
May 13, 2018 5:09 AM

Aug 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
Apparently some say that the answers to these first two were cut, and even then, they're certainly more vital to know now than pretty much anything else related to this mystery that fucks up this grail war.

They were cut, correct. However, they will need to explain it in the second movie since the Rider scene happened at the VERY end of the first movie. As for how Rider survived and the book burning (you mentioned in other post) these were also cut, but will be re-added in the second movie. They didn't explain how Rider survived because they wanted more of a cliffhanger ending to the first movie, plus to save time so that they could end the first movie after Saber was devoured, as that the ideal stopping point from what I've herd.
May 13, 2018 5:12 AM

Apr 2016
Sanic_de_Hegehog said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

They were cut, correct. However, they will need to explain it in the second movie since the Rider scene happened at the VERY end of the first movie. As for how Rider survived and the book burning (you mentioned in other post) these were also cut, but will be re-added in the second movie. They didn't explain how Rider survived because they wanted more of a cliffhanger ending to the first movie, plus to save time so that they could end the first movie after Saber was devoured, as that the ideal stopping point from what I've herd.
That's not exactly a guarantee, especially since looking through the forums, apparently Rider survived, but if so, that was communicated awkwardly. I would hope they include these in Lost Butterfly.
May 13, 2018 5:23 AM

Mar 2013
Fellas, oftentimes the visual novel feels just like a mystery story. You don't always know the answer immediately to everything presented. Lots of twists and turns and surprises along the way. Some small, some big.

If you're confused by something after having seen the first movie, well, that's natural. Some of the things you're talking about weren't known to the reader of the visual novel at that exact point in the story either. Or you assumed one thing, but it ended up being something completely different, as revealed later in the story.

Not saying there's nothing cut in this movie compared to the VN, but again, it's natural to be mystified by some things. Wait for the next part. I believe some events are already confirmed to have been moved around (so they show up in #2)

The Holy Grail War in Heaven's Feel is different. Way different from Fate or UBW. That's the point. That's one of the reasons why it's so good as the last route you read of F/sn. The characters realise something weird is going on. You realise something weird is going on - compared to what you previously saw in the Fate and UBW routes.
May 13, 2018 5:31 AM

Jan 2017
Sanic_de_Hegehog said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

War starts like in UBW

If you think this is confusing I'd like to see what you think about the 5th Kara no Kyoukai film.

I had to watch Kara no Kyoukai two times to at least partially understand what the hell was going on. Heaven’s feel was light compared to that and I was already armed with the knowledge by reading the VN.
May 13, 2018 5:32 AM

Aug 2009
CodeBlazeFate said:
Sanic_de_Hegehog said:

That's not exactly a guarantee, especially since looking through the forums, apparently Rider survived, but if so, that was communicated awkwardly. I would hope they include these in Lost Butterfly.
The explanation for the book and Rider's "death" will be explained later. In fact this movie already set up the explanation with a certain scene, I will put the scene in the spoiler without additions from future scenes,
. This is essential for both Rider's "death" and the book, which isnt a catalyst for Rider.

As for the Shadow and Zouken, Zouken knows what it is but he and Assassin dont actually cooperate with it.They cant control it.Assassin was luring everyone to it.
ssjokgMay 13, 2018 7:34 AM
May 13, 2018 5:41 AM

Apr 2016
ssjokg said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
The explanation for the book and Rider's "death" will be explained later. In fact this movie already set up the explanation with a certain scene, I will put the scene in the spoiler without additions from future scenes,
. This is essential for both Rider's "death" and the book, which isnt a catalyst for Rider.

As for the Shadow and Zouken, Zouken knows what it is about he and Assassin dont actually cooperate with it.They cant control it.Assassin was luring everyone to it.
Alright then. I thought that moment with Shinji was just a character moment, one that would factor into him helping him out later. But then since the book wasn't a catalyst but it was used to try to get Rider back up, what is her catalyst? Yea, this film is wonderfully unnerving of a mystery, but I do feel that some less favorable questions got mixed up along the way, as easy as it is for that to happen.
May 13, 2018 6:51 AM

Aug 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
ssjokg said:

As for the Shadow and Zouken, Zouken knows what it is about he and Assassin dont actually cooperate with it.They cant control it.Assassin was luring everyone to it.
Alright then. I thought that moment with Shinji was just a character moment, one that would factor into him helping him out later. But then since the book wasn't a catalyst but it was used to try to get Rider back up, what is her catalyst? Yea, this film is wonderfully unnerving of a mystery, but I do feel that some less favorable questions got mixed up along the way, as easy as it is for that to happen.

If you watched 2006 DEEN version of FSN or read Fate route (route 1), it is implied that the book is somewhat related to

What the book is all about will be revealed in the next movie for sure.
Sanic_de_HegehogMay 13, 2018 7:00 AM
May 13, 2018 7:01 AM

Mar 2010
Shayon said:
I-LOVE-FRIDGE697 said:
(Just to make sure)

LF2005May 13, 2018 7:05 AM
May 13, 2018 7:23 AM

Mar 2010
CodeBlazeFate said:

I do have some questions that I'm not sure will get answered:

there are your answers, with and without spoiling too much
LF2005May 13, 2018 8:22 AM
May 13, 2018 7:32 AM

Aug 2009
CodeBlazeFate said:
ssjokg said:

Usually catalysts dont matter in the Fate series.So far,as far as I can recall, only ones that have an impact in any story are, Artoria's Avalon, Archer's pendant, Heracle's Axe sword which is made from stone in one of his temples, True Assassin whose catalyst is Sasaki Kojirou, Cu's earrings (In Fate/hollow Ataraxia), Gilgamesh's a bit in Fate/Strange fake, Berserker's in Fate/Strange Fake...hmmm, I dont remember others for now, but yeah, Rider's catalyst isnt important at all, and if I mention it,I may spoil her true name.

It should be noted tho, that Rider was stronger at the temple, having an easy time with Assassin, than during her fight with Saber.
ssjokgMay 13, 2018 7:36 AM
May 13, 2018 7:34 AM

Apr 2016
ssjokg said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Usually catalysts dont matter in the Fate series.So far,as far as I can recall, only ones that have an impact in any story are, Artoria's Avalon, Archer's pendant, Heracle's Axe sword which is made from stone in one of his temples, True Assassin whose catalyst is Sasaki Kojirou, Cu's earrings (In Fate/hollow Ataraxia), Gilgamesh's a bit in Fate/Strange fake, Berserker's in Fate/Strange Fake...hmmm, I dont remember others for now, but yeah, Rider's catalyst isnt important at all, and if I mention it,I may spol her true name.
Ah, alright then. I am actually aware of her true identity. Got spoiled so long ago about that one.
May 13, 2018 9:28 AM

Oct 2014
LF2005 said:
Shayon said:

May 13, 2018 11:14 AM

Nov 2012
I hope they at least add the other alternate endings as special Blu ray disc features, just like they did with Sunny Day ending in UBW.
May 13, 2018 12:01 PM

Sep 2014
Not sure why some people are so certain that Rider died in her fight against Saber or that something completely out of the ordinary happened. It might seem like she died initially, but she does appear at the end of the movie again.

Based on the information provided so far, it would make more sense to suspect Rider just concealed her presence like Archer did in UBW or something along those lines. Not saying that's what happened, but the scene is ambiguous enough to the point we can't assume much more. Yes, HF is a more mysterious route, but there's no need to overcomplicate certain things until the story gives you a good reason to do so.
FlamepriesTMay 13, 2018 12:09 PM
May 13, 2018 2:40 PM

Apr 2012
Darken_BR said:

Yeah, this is the only explanation I can think of. They probably didn't have much screen time to spare, but it still feels that the movie misses some important stuff that should be there nevertheless.

The thing is, Fate/Stay Night the visual novel is written in a way that it forces you to read the routes in order, Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and finally Heaven's Feel. Since Heaven's Feel route can only be read after finishing the first two, it's literally written with that expectation, so even the novel skips or condenses a lot of stuff it knows you must have read before. So if the movie were to try to cover everything to be newbie friendly, it'd not only have to adapt all of Heaven's Feel which is as long or longer than the other stories that took 24 episodes, but actually add in additional content, which is impossible for just 3 movies.

It knows the audience has already seen the Holy Grail war two times already with the same Kirei/Gil duo as villains, so it throws the standard expectations of the war out of the window to really shake things up. Some scenes even intentionally parallel ones in previous routes with different outcomes.
May 13, 2018 4:26 PM

Sep 2012
First 20 minutes or so were boring background details about Sakura's relationship with Shirou to try and make you give a damn about one of the worst heroines in VN history, but for the most part the pacing was more or less alright, but then it was rushed like crazy for some reason, which is weird. It's like they thought they could somehow make the story standalone and then they went "Oh damn we don't have enough time, put 10 minutes of movie into barely 30 seconds and show images of the TV UBW adaption until Shirou does an Alliance/cease fire with Tohsaka, go go GO!" with the whole thing, which was pretty jarring.

Saber vs Berserker was well animated, but the fight itself is weak sauce compared to Archer & Saber vs Berserker in the UBW version. Saber vs Rider is devoid of excitement and is merely there to portray how pathetic and worthless Shinji is. Then there is like 20 minutes were it switches between portraying Kojiro and Medea like massive jobbers to hype CA (when he is actually pretty weak as far as servants go), more Sakura + Shirou moments that are way too overdone in this movie and finally we get to the good stuff, Lancer vs Assassin...or so I thought, because the whole running segment with that overuse of CGI was horrible, and I don't usually complain about CGI. Their fight on the lake is more bearable, but it feels unsatisfying because of the shadow and how CA ends the fight itself. On the other hand, Saber vs CA is easily the best fight in the whole movie, a substantial improvement in comparison to the VN counterpart actually and Saber Alter is probably the best tease for the next one. Rider vs CA was meh, nothing particularly memorable about it.

Overall, is basically what I expected before watching it; Sakura is a horrible heroine that drags the whole thing down, too many SoL events that depicts her broken relationship with her brother in an attempt to make you care about her and not making you wanna kill her so that superior heroines like Rin or Kotomine get more screentime, relies on the public knowing about the UBW adaptation and is nowhere close to a good standalone movie, the fights are overall underwhelming until we get to the end of the second movie (which is when I expect Nine Lives to happen), too many servants jobbing for the sake of hyping up the shadow and Cursed Hassan in this new route...

I give it a 6/10. Mapo Tofu, Kotomine talking about Kiritsugu, Rin&Archer, Saber vs CA and the great music are the saving graces of the movie, otherwise it was mediocre. Next movie will probably be even worse, but the third movie I expect it to be excellent since that is where the route peaked (basically the last couple of days with the cool fights and the climax). I heard someone saying that they might go for the normal HF ending, which would be really good.
GoldenSaltPillarMay 13, 2018 4:32 PM
May 14, 2018 6:37 AM

Jul 2016
Darken_BR said:
I think ufo intended the movie to be like that, made montage for the ubw scenes, assuming that the person who will watch HF, have atleast watched UBW tv series, otherwise if not experienced the VN. I mean HF route had been originally intended to be a last route to be played on the original FSN VN, a route that will be unlocked only after finishing Fate route and UBW route. FSN story works as a whole story because the routes rely to one another, sharing information and plot elements to be a reference. On that way it accompanies the player in playing the VN, so even if its made into anime, that still applies here, ubw tv series accompanies the viewer in this HF route by referencing parallel events and plot elements. Though I agree with the pacing issues and skipped less plot relevant scenes, however that were not much a problem to me.
May 14, 2018 7:33 AM
Jun 2017
I love FATE SERIES!!! (Esp fate zero and stay night)... amd this movie is great for fate fans. I mean i just see Rin, shirou, saber etc again...

The action scene is awesome. Assasin in this series sure looks super strong and Matou cant be killed... hahaha...

In the meantime Shirou is enjoying the company of Saber and Sakura at the same home... (HAREM LIFE)!!! hahaha...

Regarding the animation and graphics/CGI of this one- its so AWESOME!!! i remember watching UBW on this one... hahaha

*im just sad though that Saber died in this one but well lets see the next movie...

May 14, 2018 9:19 PM

Mar 2014
So cool to finally see servants like Rider and Assassin get their time to shine, since they barely get any screen-time in the other routes. Was not expecting to see
get animated. I've played enough FGO to know a lot of people really like her. RIP Lancer once again. E rank luck does him no favors :(
Also, yorokobe shounen indeed Kirei xD
Zanos1May 14, 2018 9:30 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 14, 2018 9:43 PM
Jul 2018
Well

I think sakura was the most well done thing in the movie

shirou gets most of his characterization on the previous two routes so there’s not much to comment on except that he doesn’t look as dumb
by the time you read hf you should already know shirou
hf is just an alternative conclusion for him “as a human” as nasu described it

shirou/sakura great so far
shirou/rin non-existent
shirou/kirei its like shirou doesn’t care enough to muster any “hate”

every battle that didn’t have TA in it I liked

He should focus only on projectiles or his head is off
TA touching caster was bs
They shouldn’t bother trying to make him look good
TA didn’t start screaming pathetically after saber slashed his arm instead hes looking cool
All the fights without TA were good
Though I would’ve preferred Archers comment on crawling zouken “i learned from experience to deal with monsters like u quickly and make sure of his death something something"

the atmosphere is good
I cant really expect anything from the time constraint so
for the time given i find the pacing and transitioning between events well done

sakura was the highlight of the movie
overall better than I expected
fanservice/enjoyment 10/10
removed-userMay 15, 2018 12:18 AM
May 14, 2018 9:51 PM

Aug 2009
therealstuff said:
Well

shirou gets most of his characterization on the previous two routes so there’s not much to comment on except that he doesn’t look as dumb

shirou/rin non-existent

The whole scene was not good why didn’t she command him with her cs instead
Cu was made to use gae bolg and whats battle continuation
TA didn’t start screaming pathetically after saber slashed his arm instead hes looking cool
All the fights without TA were really really good
Though I would’ve preferred Archers comment on crawling zouken “i learned from experience to deal with monsters like u quickly and make sure of his death something something"

the atmosphere is perfect

some mapo tofu/10
I think you didnt pay much attention to TA scenes.
May 14, 2018 9:59 PM
Jul 2018
ssjokg said:
therealstuff said:
Well

shirou/rin non-existent

The whole scene was not good why didn’t she command him with her cs instead
Cu was made to use gae bolg and whats battle continuation
All the fights without TA were really really good

the atmosphere is perfect

some mapo tofu/10
I think you didnt pay much attention to TA scenes.

maybe
he went cqc whether for a brief period or not with saber lancer and rider

edit: movie is really good battles aren't such a big deal
they tried making it flashy was all
im not a fan of ufoubw shirou vs gil either
removed-userMay 14, 2018 10:28 PM
May 15, 2018 2:27 AM

Oct 2014
therealstuff said:

Agree, that was awful.
therealstuff said:

Disagree, I'm not a fan of the movie but I preferred the way it handled that particular part to be honest, in the VN, Archer takes his sweet time talking instead of slashing Zouken already, which was frustrating to watch.

Not that it mattered in the end, since Zouken.
May 15, 2018 5:24 AM

Mar 2015
Seeing some people hail this as "Tr00 Zero sequel" is hilarious. It's like they forgot that Zero is a prequel and that even in Zero, the Matou thing was a minor subplot related to Kariya compared to Saber's problems (addressed in Fate) and Kiritsugu's dilemma (addressed in UBW).

Also, the movie clearly expected the watcher to have AT LEAST watched UBW beforehand. That much is obvious.
May 15, 2018 6:05 AM
Jun 2010
MightyM16 said:
Seeing some people hail this as "Tr00 Zero sequel" is hilarious. It's like they forgot that Zero is a prequel and that even in Zero, the Matou thing was a minor subplot related to Kariya compared to Saber's problems (addressed in Fate) and Kiritsugu's dilemma (addressed in UBW).
Kiritsugu's hero dilemma is also addressed here though, as Kiritsugu's problem has two sides. Both UBW and HF complete that part of the story.
May 15, 2018 8:22 AM
Jan 2018
MightyM16 said:

Also, the movie clearly expected the watcher to have AT LEAST watched UBW beforehand. That much is obvious.

I think people are calling this the "true sequel" of Fate/Zero based on the tone and atmosphere rather than plot points (and I'm inclined to agree).
May 15, 2018 8:37 AM
Jul 2017
mapo tofu...all I can think about is food wars
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Sakura should’ve been happy with Shinji?

SwagsOnB - Jun 11

20 by ArashikageX »»
Jun 13, 11:29 AM

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

33 by Bolona07 »»
Apr 29, 10:22 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.