Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2018 7:06 PM

Sep 2015
i'm a fan of down time after a lot of action, but this didn't have to be a beach episode
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Feb 24, 2018 7:06 PM

Dec 2017
RR97 said:
Closed my browser immediately when i saw the beach. Is the episode worth to watch or is it just a beach filler episode?

nah, it's just useless chatter and fanservice. you made the right decision
Feb 24, 2018 7:14 PM

Dec 2017
Reverberate said:
Honestly didn't expect a beach episode in this show, but fortunately, it felt more than "just another obligatory beach episode" in the end. Had some good moments.

Decent episode.

honestly, it felt like it was just filling up the story with pointless content. this episode didn't cover shit, not a word about how the fuck hiro survived aids or some other interesting things

"There will be plenty of fanservice all the way to the end!" - the only decent thing i found in this ep
Feb 24, 2018 7:20 PM

Apr 2012
Only it seems to me, or the show is really starting to push us more towards Mitsuru + Kokoro? Or even to Miku + Kokoro? Although the latter, it's probably already a purely fanservice from beach episode.

Feb 24, 2018 7:25 PM

Dec 2015
Lovely episode! It started off feeling like an ecchi filler but they added a lot of substance in terms of char development + building upon the plot - considering its a 2 cour series. Still no drop in writing/animation which is awesome.

Some death flags were raised for Hiro and Ichigo but the atmosphere of the ep still remained warm through the writers avoiding drama. I was kinda worried 02 would show some jealousy towards Ichigo, glad they steered away from that.

~
Feb 24, 2018 7:42 PM

Sep 2017
First arc complete: time for beach episode! But seriously I loved this episode. These kinda lighthearted, fun episodes where the characters can just unwind and interact are what I die for. And we definitely did learn more about some of the cast and the world they live in.
Feb 24, 2018 8:12 PM
Jan 2018
I really wanted to stick with this show, but this writing/ world building sucks. Dropped.
Feb 24, 2018 8:40 PM

Jun 2017
Great and relaxing episode
The new character is interesting
It was more than just a beach episode and we got more things to figure out now.
I LIKE ED 2 MORE THAN THE ED 1
Feb 24, 2018 9:01 PM
Aug 2014
Well a beach episode? Hmm somewhat a little dissapointed with the excessive fanservice-with the camera angles. They dont have to do so to appeal audience. What i feel is that excessive fanservice will drag the score down and make more people hate the series. Well just 1 episode of fanservice is enough. No more fanservice episodes next few episodes. Need more drama, tragedy and good fight.
Well at least the last part of the show is still entertaining with ichigo voicing out her feelings ( being interrupted tho).
If next few episodes still continue with fanservices, ill be seriously dissapointed with the show. Excessive fanservices is equivalent to those trashy generic harem shows.
Dont dissapoint me darling in the fran. I have high hopes for you still, as for now.
Im rating this show a 10 but if next few episodes go with fanservices, ill drop my score really hard
Feb 24, 2018 9:44 PM
Feb 2018
Tomlora said:
002 will be angry if she learns that Hiro kissed ichigo.

I think that 002 is older than she seems to be.....
In ep2, APE said "a rare sample without signs of physical aging" - "It's CODE 016"

Maybe they knew each other when they were younger....

How do you understand the doctor's warning for Hiro ? When he said "don't let her consume your emotions"

I want everyone to know about Hiro n Ichigo's little secret tho. Gotta love tp see their reaction. Especially Goro n Zero Two.
Feb 24, 2018 9:47 PM
Feb 2018
I love this episode. I mean who doesn't like beaches 😏
Feb 24, 2018 9:50 PM

Sep 2016
Was fed up at the start bc beach episode but it actually turned out well bc they put in a small plot point in the form of humanity leaving.

Anyway, unsurprisingly Ichigo was the flattest of them all... And I'm starting to like Miku. I wonder why....

Can't wait for next week!
Feb 24, 2018 9:59 PM
Feb 2018
Prim3 said:
"I was kinda worried 02 would show some jealousy towards Ichigo, glad they steered away from that. "

she will when she found out about them kissing
Feb 24, 2018 10:03 PM
Feb 2018
Poor Ichigo. Everytime she want to confess, Hiro will cut her off.
Feb 24, 2018 10:05 PM
Feb 2018
This is the best episode so far. Many character development, and talks about kiss n the discovery of a destroyed city
Feb 24, 2018 10:18 PM
Feb 2018
I think them not having the knowledge about kissing, sex, n human relationship is not because they were prohibited from learning about it by the higher up, but rather the higher up simply dont want to waste time n effort to teach them about it because they are too focused on teaching them about fighting. This beach episode maybe one of their way of letting the children find out about something by themselves. And about reaching adulthood, I think once they reach adulthood, they would be discharged and live like the rest of the adult, instead of being dispossed off, unless they are useless from the start.

That's what I think. But I hope it will have some plot twist n they end up fighting against Papa n APE, with NINE n Mitsuru as the antagonist...
Feb 24, 2018 10:46 PM
Feb 2018
Revvie-chan said:

ps.: oh so the love war isn't over for Ichigo. That's nice.
But of course! She's the best girl.
N her type doesn't give up that easily.
She even said this: she want Hiro to look her way too!!

Seriously, she should say it.
Rub it in her face, Ichigo! Like what she did to you in episode 4. Haha. Wonder how Zero Two would react when she found out Ichigo had kissed Hiro
ZikanderFeb 24, 2018 10:50 PM
Feb 24, 2018 11:01 PM

Feb 2018
Papa is gradually becoming an antagonist.
Feb 24, 2018 11:12 PM

Nov 2007
Zikander said:
Revvie-chan said:

She even said this:

she want Hiro to look her way too!!

Rub it in her face, Ichigo! Like what she did to you in episode 4. Haha. Wonder how Zero Two would react when she found out Ichigo had kissed Hiro

Do you realize you are potentially rooting for this:

Also, what's wrong with Japan? It looks like 015's popularity increased further even after the flag of doom has been raised.

Besides, why almost no one's talking about the best girl with a kokoro picked up a book about making akachan? That is serious business.

Anyways, I wonder if either of the flags will fly permanently in the anime. It might not actually happen. Just like how the 26th survived and even if it is not shown, we are told that 703 survived after the attack in episode 1. Regardless, I am kind of convinced that 703 is dead. Particularly because she appeared just when 016 was about to cross over the river in the previous episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 24, 2018 11:24 PM
Feb 2018
shanimebib said:
Zikander said:

She even said this:

she want Hiro to look her way too!!

Also, what's wrong with Japan? It looks like 015's popularity increased further even after the flag of doom has been raised.

Most of my friends including myself favored Ichigo too. Probably it's east asian thing? Btw, we are not east asians, but rather south-east-asians. But Ichigo is really the best girl tho, she's cute, beautiful, cares about her childhood friend n responsible too. Unlike that certain someone.🤔
Feb 24, 2018 11:42 PM

Feb 2014
Zikander said:
shanimebib said:

Most of my friends including myself favored Ichigo too. Probably it's east asian thing? Btw, we are not east asians, but rather south-east-asians. But Ichigo is really the best girl tho, she's cute, beautiful, cares about her childhood friend n responsible too. Unlike that certain someone.🤔

Wew things just got more nasty with the fruit XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 24, 2018 11:54 PM

Aug 2017
Man everyone's yelling "flags" this and "flags" that, oh my god please listen to yourselves

Saturdays beach days are for the boys, Goro is a fellow man of culture

Waiting to see Papa vs Doc Frankie for the true final battle (sending them to the beach was Doc's idea, of course it was you pervy old fart). Show them the old civilization, sew the seeds of doubt in your children of hope; rebel against Big Brother Father Papa who is spinning his web of lies about magma energy and the klaxosaurs

Fanservice at episode 7 is par for the course but there was a heaping pile of world-building too, with a reasonable connection between the beach and the actual plot. Nice job in converting the token beach episode into something worthwhile. Toss in some cute smiles, bro talk, moonlit walks on the beach, and a special ED, pretty happy with how this turned out
Feb 25, 2018 12:16 AM
Feb 2018
so can we say at the end of this anime otaku and fans will be civil war between ichigo x hiro or zerotwo x hiro (Like emilia rem and subaru) ? we will see
Feb 25, 2018 12:21 AM

Apr 2017
I love this show, I love 02's character although I can never find myself fully accepting/trusting her because the other characters talk of her past so menacingly and negatively. She truly does want to fit in deep down and she thinks Hiro will give that to her in a way I think. I also feel quite bad for Ichigo, she's a little annoying at times but 02 is quite hard on her, I think she's also a little bit stupid for potentially throwing off the compatibility between her and Goro, as well as Hiro and 02 with this love triangle, nonetheless great episode. Excited to see if Hiro can manage the new power, and partner in 02 that he's sort've won.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2018 12:43 AM
Oct 2014
milanogates said:
so can we say at the end of this anime otaku and fans will be civil war between ichigo x hiro or zerotwo x hiro (Like emilia rem and subaru) ? we will see

It could be very fun xD
Feb 25, 2018 1:37 AM

Apr 2011
Gotta love me some obligatory beach episode. I love seeing the girls in swimsuits. Kokoro has the biggest chest.

Honestly, if the boys are curious about kissing, they can try kissing their partners instead. I mean, Kokoro and Miku are cute. Nice to see the group discover and see what civilization was back then before they live in plantations. But the book Kokoro about babies is gonna make future episodes a little more interesting.
Feb 25, 2018 1:56 AM

Sep 2013
Besides the fanservice which I thoroughly enjoyed, this episode also posed an interesting question about the motives of "Papa" and the other adults. There definitely is something dark going on below the surface -- at this point it seems quite obvious the kids are being used as slaves to fight the Klaxosaurus while the dults live in their cities underground
Feb 25, 2018 2:33 AM
Jan 2018
Implyingi said:
Ok, here's my take on things so far... (Skip below if you want a TL;DR)

Zero Two and Hiro don't work together (as a couple) and here's why I think that.

Zero Two doesn't see Hiro as a person, just her darling and there's a good reason for that. From the onset of the anime we've been presented with the premise that Zero Two and Hiro need each other as they complete each other, they are two halves of the same whole if you will. Zero Two is compatible with one other and it's Hiro. This is something Zero Two has been seeking for a long time, all those partners dead, the way people perceive her, it's all very sad and it's clearly had an impact on her mental state. Her desire to find the partner that won't die and allow her to be free is found in Hiro and to that end she has her eternal love, her "Darling".

Hiro is the other side of this parallel, Hiro perceives himself (as so do the majority) a failure. He has been raised to be a Franxx pilot something that is drilled into them form an early age, this however is seemingly the one thing he cannot do despite trying. Repeated failures and consequences of those have left him weak and down heartened. Here he meets Zero Two, a beautiful girl who is unlike any person he has seen before. Over the episodes that follow Hiro discovers his compatibility, manages to pilot and through Zero Two he is given the one thing he has striven for; piloting a Franxx to please Papa and help his friends and all through Zero Two, his missing piece if you will.

Here's the thing, turns out accomplishing that one thing you've been told to do is just that, an accomplished goal. Beyond piloting Hiro has become to feel for Zero Two and wishes to truly be by her side. He has seen different aspects of her personality, including times of weakness and wants to devote himself to this person. He has grown and gotten over the aspect of "I need to succeed piloting Franxx because I've been told that's what I'm supposed to do" and has progressed into developing his own reasons for doing that. Not because he is told but because he wants to be with Zero Two.

Zero Two has come to no such revelation, in-fact she doesn't (in my opinion) look at Hiro as a person but more of the goal of which she has been seeking, now obtained and nothing will take that goal away from her. Hiro "belongs" to Zero Two. Across these episodes there isn't dialogue in which Zero Two and Hiro communicate as people, they only speak of their wishes, goals, desires and alike, their entire romance dynamic is very fake feeling because of this.

Dr. Mech-Face Ossan (apologies I forget his name) even states in this episode not to give his emotions to Zero two because they will be eaten and my interpretation of that (and there might and probably will be many different meanings to that statement, both actual and metaphorical) is that falling in love or wishing to be loved by Zero Two isn't an outcome that can happen. Not the way Zero Two is as of right now anyway.

It's common for childhood friends to get cucked in anime and it's probably the same here but at this point Ichigo is winning the brownie points in the Hirobowl.

Closing thoughts: This could all change and I truly hope it does with as little heartbreak as possible. This is the first episode in which we see what I believe to be desire for Zero Two to fit in with the group (her staring at them from afar and having fun together). Perhaps she'll gain some humanity and realize her situation with Hiro and her treating of others up to this point has been nothing but somewhat cruel, especially if she feels no true sense of love for Hiro.

TL;DR
Zero Two is just using Hiro and the Dr's warning may actually be literal as she doesn't see him as a love interest but just means of achieving her goals.

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, idk. Thoughts anyone?

Well, what you say about the doctor can also be true, but you're wrong to say that she uses hiro, in this ep she wanted Hiro to kiss her!
then look at the ep 6, as soon as hiro says to 02 "I will not leave you alone" the strelitzia starts again! Then also from the opening in a sentence is said "the world is starting s change is love darling?" in my opinion she believes so much in him loves him! maybe today hiro has lost the chance to kiss her .. I just hope that in the triangle does not win ichigo ...
Feb 25, 2018 2:52 AM

Apr 2015
uninstallthegame said:

honestly, it felt like it was just filling up the story with pointless content. this episode didn't cover shit, not a word about how the fuck hiro survived aids or some other interesting things

"There will be plenty of fanservice all the way to the end!" - the only decent thing i found in this ep

The fact that you didn't pick up on any of the developments that imply various conflicts in the future and the overall sketchiness of this entire trip leaves me baffled to be honest ( Is this what they call speedwatching? Hm ). This Episode pretty much did the most prep work and set up out of all of them so far and gives us an idea on what character will face what problem and who will clash with whom in the future.
Feb 25, 2018 2:54 AM
Feb 2018
Zikander said:
shanimebib said:

Did u just said south-east asian? Count me in
Feb 25, 2018 2:59 AM

Jan 2017
I liked the interaction between Zero Two and Hiro. It's good that Hiro became her official partner, but I was quite pissed about that Doctor's warning. Hiro needs to investigate on Zero Two's past in order to fully understand Zero two's mysterious personality. Zero Two gives off a vibe of a character that's going to die in the end.
I'd be sad if that happened because I like her.

Angel942 said:

Well, what you say about the doctor can also be true, but you're wrong to say that she uses hiro, in this ep she wanted Hiro to kiss her!
then look at the ep 6, as soon as hiro says to 02 "I will not leave you alone" the strelitzia starts again! Then also from the opening in a sentence is said "the world is starting s change is love darling?" in my opinion she believes so much in him loves him! maybe today hiro has lost the chance to kiss her .. I just hope that in the triangle does not win ichigo ...

I agree with you!
Zero Two x Hiro FTW!

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Feb 25, 2018 3:00 AM

Oct 2017
Is Ichigo a trap? Maybe she stays on the beach so the water doesn’t loosen her bottom, because then her dick might slide out between her legs.
Feb 25, 2018 3:16 AM

Oct 2015
Seems this new char will not trying to be your typical "asshole" , I'm glad for this.
Feb 25, 2018 3:24 AM

Oct 2014
Zikander said:
Revvie-chan said:

<-- bunch of pics and text I don't quote to save space. Sorry.>

Yeah yeah yeah I get it.
She hasn't win me, though.
Feb 25, 2018 3:26 AM

Jul 2016
I liked this because I had a neck ache. I needed something relaxing.
Feb 25, 2018 3:29 AM

Jan 2013
Okay its pretty obvious that the whole Papa and adult thing is a scam.

Im calling it, the klaxoaurs or whatever they're spelled are human and specifically Papa creations. I really want to see the cast come to a shocking realization like this.

I enjoyed this beach episode. Could have used more fanservice especially on Kokoro.
Feb 25, 2018 3:55 AM
Feb 2018
Sossig said:
Zikander said:

Did u just said south-east asian? Count me in
I'm from Malaysia.. Where r u from ?
Feb 25, 2018 4:08 AM
Feb 2018
Revvie-chan said:
Zikander said:

Yeah yeah yeah I get it.
Not yet! But she will! With her death!
Feb 25, 2018 4:11 AM
Jan 2018
Angel942 said:
Implyingi said:
Ok, here's my take on things so far... (Skip below if you want a TL;DR)

Zero Two and Hiro don't work together (as a couple) and here's why I think that.

Zero Two doesn't see Hiro as a person, just her darling and there's a good reason for that. From the onset of the anime we've been presented with the premise that Zero Two and Hiro need each other as they complete each other, they are two halves of the same whole if you will. Zero Two is compatible with one other and it's Hiro. This is something Zero Two has been seeking for a long time, all those partners dead, the way people perceive her, it's all very sad and it's clearly had an impact on her mental state. Her desire to find the partner that won't die and allow her to be free is found in Hiro and to that end she has her eternal love, her "Darling".

Hiro is the other side of this parallel, Hiro perceives himself (as so do the majority) a failure. He has been raised to be a Franxx pilot something that is drilled into them form an early age, this however is seemingly the one thing he cannot do despite trying. Repeated failures and consequences of those have left him weak and down heartened. Here he meets Zero Two, a beautiful girl who is unlike any person he has seen before. Over the episodes that follow Hiro discovers his compatibility, manages to pilot and through Zero Two he is given the one thing he has striven for; piloting a Franxx to please Papa and help his friends and all through Zero Two, his missing piece if you will.

Here's the thing, turns out accomplishing that one thing you've been told to do is just that, an accomplished goal. Beyond piloting Hiro has become to feel for Zero Two and wishes to truly be by her side. He has seen different aspects of her personality, including times of weakness and wants to devote himself to this person. He has grown and gotten over the aspect of "I need to succeed piloting Franxx because I've been told that's what I'm supposed to do" and has progressed into developing his own reasons for doing that. Not because he is told but because he wants to be with Zero Two.

Zero Two has come to no such revelation, in-fact she doesn't (in my opinion) look at Hiro as a person but more of the goal of which she has been seeking, now obtained and nothing will take that goal away from her. Hiro "belongs" to Zero Two. Across these episodes there isn't dialogue in which Zero Two and Hiro communicate as people, they only speak of their wishes, goals, desires and alike, their entire romance dynamic is very fake feeling because of this.

Dr. Mech-Face Ossan (apologies I forget his name) even states in this episode not to give his emotions to Zero two because they will be eaten and my interpretation of that (and there might and probably will be many different meanings to that statement, both actual and metaphorical) is that falling in love or wishing to be loved by Zero Two isn't an outcome that can happen. Not the way Zero Two is as of right now anyway.

It's common for childhood friends to get cucked in anime and it's probably the same here but at this point Ichigo is winning the brownie points in the Hirobowl.

Closing thoughts: This could all change and I truly hope it does with as little heartbreak as possible. This is the first episode in which we see what I believe to be desire for Zero Two to fit in with the group (her staring at them from afar and having fun together). Perhaps she'll gain some humanity and realize her situation with Hiro and her treating of others up to this point has been nothing but somewhat cruel, especially if she feels no true sense of love for Hiro.

TL;DR
Zero Two is just using Hiro and the Dr's warning may actually be literal as she doesn't see him as a love interest but just means of achieving her goals.

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, idk. Thoughts anyone?

Tomlora said:
OP changed a little bit.

https://i.imgur.com/jeuBjEQ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/4Hx7HQ9.gifv

The diamond is now black at the end while he was white before.

Ok. Then, I reconnect to these messages, I've covered some eps,
the black diamond, look at this picture

When 02 talks about the jian bird, she says it was beautiful and she heard it and a white screen appeared ... and in the opening there was a white diamond ... and 02 in eps 1-6 she tried to grow up hiro, make him understand that he believes in her...

This scene she ride for hiro, in fact she does it because she knows that hiro wants to drive with her, but he can not do it because they do not give him permission, she sacrifices for him
Now in the ep 7 has been confirmed triangle, more 02 expects to be reciprocated by hiro, she still told him about the kiss, now she expects to be reciprocated ..
and it's a black diamond, it's hiro's turn
,so I think now their relationship will drop compared to before... the black diamond, hiro undecided in his feelings with 02 and
does not understand what to do with ichigo ..
also looking good at the scene of 02 / hiro seems that she knows of the kiss with ichigo, she told him so to teach them that a kiss is given to special people, not everyone, on that occasion should have come forward, but failed to understand ..
About the dot. franxx
in my opinion, there is no manipulative purpose of 02 is that she wants to escape the pain that she feels, her feelings, and her loneliness could literally eat the emotions of hiro, however there is also this frame to consider
And she considered her a monster

And hand to hand

And last the rain, she she connects rain to hiro

opinions on my theory?
I notice this, in the op hiro code 716?

report any spelling errors!
Feb 25, 2018 4:25 AM

Dec 2016
ilove this anime so much :o 10/10
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Feb 25, 2018 4:37 AM

May 2016
Good swimsuit episode even for the fact it's winter outside xD
Feb 25, 2018 5:29 AM

Feb 2014
After the big battle in the last episode, we get the obligatory beach episode for the parasites to relax, and it was one that I thoroughly enjoyed. =)

Not only was the animation pretty smooth while they was having fun on the beach, but the abandoned town close by held some interesting secrets that had the crew asking questions about how civilisation used to live before they moved into the plantations. It's obvious that the parasites have no idea about sexual education, so seeing Kokoro picking up a book about having kids was interesting to see.

The character development was the strong point of this episode as a whole, especially regarding Ichigo. Despite being sibling-zoned last week, it looks like she's not giving up on Hiro just yet and she does want to be with him romantically. I'm hoping that the death flags stay away from her, since she's my favourite, alongside Zero Two.
Feb 25, 2018 5:38 AM
Jul 2017
Fappa said:
Troll12345678966 said:
How are the guys finding the swimsuits exiting?? It doesnt seem like they have been through sex ed, since they have no idea what a kiss is or how babies are made so seeing the girls «secret parts» shouldnt be affecting them the same way it would normal boys. Am i missing something here?

Just because they've been held unaware about any sense of physical or emotional intimacy does not mean their natural instincts can't kick in. That's deeply wired into our brains.

They view things differently since they aren't surrounded by media and people that influence them in these aspects which I think the show actually tries to make a point with because both Ichigo & Kokoro find media about things they weren't taught by the Adults. Still that does not mean they can't be attracted to the opposite gender.
Yes, i got that i understood that there would be some kind of emotional impact, but i guesed it would be different and less noticable since they were just like every other anime boys on a beach. I thought it would be more subtle than it was.
Feb 25, 2018 5:53 AM

Sep 2017
So who's the best girl now, huh ?!

ボールルームダンサー
Feb 25, 2018 6:07 AM

Sep 2017
After all the drama and action, it somehow fell really relaxing to watch this beach episode.
Also the fan servise was quite higher than the episodes before, but it wasn't bad at all :D

Feb 25, 2018 6:10 AM

Nov 2007
Klad said:
Could have used more fanservice especially on Kokoro.

556 is definitely the best girl but now she's gonna be tainted for picking that stupid akachan book and my kokoro is not ready for it if she ends up reading the content! Let pure girls remain pure, Japan!

Zikander said:
shanimebib said:

Well, one must be a real masochist to start rooting for a character who is
1) a childhood friend in a story directed for male demography
2) sibling zoned so early in the story
3) now looks like the first one to kick the bucket

Japanese fans are knowingly taking the bait and so are you guys. I wonder how the rating will impact of the anime if the inevitable does happen. The only character who is set to live through this anime is 002 because this whole anime is a flashback if you see episode 1 carefully. Whether she gets to become happy or become a heroine of tragedy is up for the grabs but it is increasingly looking like gonna be a tragedy ending for her i.e. she will find a place where she belong and lose everything in the end.

The story is taking the route of 002 being a bizarre character in the beginning but she will eventually be going through the life changing events once she gets attached to more human relationship, not only just romance but friendship. It was really subtle as she showed indifference but she wants kindness and she wants acceptance for her being "different" than others.

She wasn't expecting it and didn't want to show it on her face, but she definitely felt it when 056 offered her one of the BBQs with 556 looking at her with such kindness in her eyes. More reason as to why 056 is the best guy and 556 is the best girl.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 25, 2018 6:16 AM

Sep 2017
Zikander said:
Arcaedes said:
Beach setting was very suitable for another character focused episode. The previous one - ep 5, had a totally different atmosphere, lots of scenes in enclosed spaces and that moment between Zero Two and Ichigo at night just as it started to rain. For the type of world and character building we were getting here though, open spaces and vibrant colours was the more suitable ambience.

For Zero Two I don't think we've even started with her development yet. She found the darling she wanted in episode 1, and is partnered with him by the end of episode 6. Now she has a long way to go before we find out if she ends up able to have stable emotional relationships, goes off in some other direction, or ends up having to reevaluate her initial motivations and goals.

Ichigo has made a lot of decisions already, had moments where she's been unable to keep it together and picked herself up again afterwards. However things go for her, I really hope she's able to maintain the same attitude at the end - all of them will probably be knocked down emotionally at some point and have to come back up. Right now she still wants what she wants, but isn't letting it control her.

For Hiro I think the majority of his development will alongside development for Zero Two, she's the new element in the mix, and the one who changes the already established relationships he has with the rest of the group. He still seems a little unsure and on edge around her, in contrast to Ichigo where he's so chill he doesn't even notice anything.

Goro was solid again as he has been in every episode, and the others all had their moments to further the connection and investment in them as characters. I'm still not sure about Mitsuru, but he did go looking for Kokoro and despite what he said, seemed concerned for her safety.

Pretty much all stuff that wouldn't have been delivered in an action episode, and wouldn't have worked so well in the plantation area that we've already seen.

I spent a long time today cutting an Ichigo render for a Delphinium wallpaper, but ended up using it with a shooting star/meteor theme as well. I'l linky them here in case anyone wants them

https://arcaedes.deviantart.com/art/Ichigo-Delphinium-Wallpaper-1-732616837
https://arcaedes.deviantart.com/art/Ichigo-Wallpaper-2-732624687

Preview

nice artwork. But could you make another one with Hiro by her side or hugging her? 😆

Something like this ok? Haven't got a lot of free time today so the render edges are untidy at full wallpaper size. I might clean it up some other time

https://i.imgur.com/EljAILV.png

ArcaedesFeb 25, 2018 9:52 AM
Feb 25, 2018 6:38 AM
Feb 2018
Zikander said:
Revvie-chan said:

Yeah yeah yeah I get it.
Not yet! But she will! With her death!
Angel942 said:
Angel942 said:

Tomlora said:
OP changed a little bit.

https://i.imgur.com/jeuBjEQ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/4Hx7HQ9.gifv

The diamond is now black at the end while he was white before.

Ok. Then, I reconnect to these messages, I've covered some eps,
the black diamond, look at this picture

When 02 talks about the jian bird, she says it was beautiful and she heard it and a white screen appeared ... and in the opening there was a white diamond ... and 02 in eps 1-6 she tried to grow up hiro, make him understand that he believes in her...

This scene she ride for hiro, in fact she does it because she knows that hiro wants to drive with her, but he can not do it because they do not give him permission, she sacrifices for him
Now in the ep 7 has been confirmed triangle, more 02 expects to be reciprocated by hiro, she still told him about the kiss, now she expects to be reciprocated ..
and it's a black diamond, it's hiro's turn
,so I think now their relationship will drop compared to before... the black diamond, hiro undecided in his feelings with 02 and
does not understand what to do with ichigo ..
also looking good at the scene of 02 / hiro seems that she knows of the kiss with ichigo, she told him so to teach them that a kiss is given to special people, not everyone, on that occasion should have come forward, but failed to understand ..
About the dot. franxx
in my opinion, there is no manipulative purpose of 02 is that she wants to escape the pain that she feels, her feelings, and her loneliness could literally eat the emotions of hiro, however there is also this frame to consider
And she considered her a monster

And hand to hand

And last the rain, she she connects rain to hiro

opinions on my theory?
I notice this, in the op hiro code 716?

report any spelling errors!

No thats definitely 016. U paused just right on transition
Feb 25, 2018 7:22 AM
Feb 2018
Arcaedes said:
Zikander said:
nice artwork. But could you make another one with Hiro by her side or hugging her? 😆

Something like this ok? Haven't got a lot of free time today so the render edges are untidy at full wallpaper size. I might clean it up some other time

https://i.imgur.com/EljAILV.png

that's great!!! But why are Megumin there's too??
Feb 25, 2018 7:34 AM
Feb 2018
Revvie-chan said:
Zikander said:

Yeah yeah yeah I get it.
she'll cry u know... How cruel of u.. Protect this smile please....😢
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.