Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2018 10:33 AM
Jun 2014
Is Dino aids the official term for it now???
Feb 10, 2018 10:34 AM
Nov 2016
Hibaena said:
Did anybody else notice the spider qnd the butterfly, could that mean that zero two (the spider) has got hiro (the butterfly) into her trap and is waiting for the moment to feast on her prey?

Yes, it was not subtle :)

Also I'm glad that MC actually has some personality now. He got a chance to do what he wants to do and he's willing to die for it.
Meanwhile the glasses guy is faced with a decision that is too difficult for a kid to make so he runs away from it.
In the mean time 02 is not all "I love this insert-audience-mc for no reason". She's searching for a partner who can actually survive her. And if the MC is too weak and dies - so be it. Everyone who's too weak to live, shouldn't live.

Good stuff.

Overall I enjoyed this
Feb 10, 2018 10:36 AM

Sep 2011
AdrianRubinsky said:
MistLiigh said:
Okay, glad to see the quality upswing that started last episode following through into this one, the literal story is finally starting to be interesting.

Hmmm... Well, I can't find any reference to "yellow blood cells" as Crunchyroll's subtitles said, so unless I get any indication otherwise I have to operate under the assumption that they were talking about white blood cells... So Zero-Two gave Hiro a nasty STD and his body is fighting it... A lot of people are calling it AIDS/HIV, but doesn't that lower white blood cell count? Of course, I suppose it would also make sense if the count initially went up upon infection as the body tries to fight the infection, then dropped as the virus did its damage. But I don't actually know in that much detail, I'm sort of guessing...

Regardless, I'm getting more curious to see where this is going, and reeeeaaaally hoping they come around to "okay, yeah this Zero-Two girl's kiiiiiiind of a terrible person..."

She didn't say yellow blood, just "blood cells", but the screen monitor clearly sees Yellow Blood. Probably Hiro and others are not human also. That's probably what 002 mean when Ichigo slapped her like "You are in no position to say anything about humanity".

Well, all I really know about what she said is what Crunchyroll put in their subtitles... but regardless of that, yes that is a very real possibility. I'm not sure I want that to be the case, even though it would be really interesting, if not handled with great care it could also make a real mess of the metaphor that until just recently was carrying this entire show... But yeah, I get what you mean, and there is enough there to support the possibility. We will just have to see I suppose.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Feb 10, 2018 10:37 AM

Jan 2008
You don't pilot with crazy and hope to survive~
Feb 10, 2018 10:37 AM

Feb 2018
BakedEnvy said:

Long answer: the official term doesnt exist due to the show not revealing its name yet
Short answer: Yes
Feb 10, 2018 10:38 AM
Mar 2017
I actually thought 02 was actually in love with Hiro, but It's beginning to look like she's just using him.
Would be cool if they were to become some great duo that loves each other, but doesn't look like it atm.

Also sad for Ichigo.
Feb 10, 2018 10:40 AM

Apr 2015
I thought it was interesting how there were a lot of character dynamics with 02 that were hard to catch the first time you watch it.

As much as she is blamed to cause chaos in the whole team it was her who pretty much stopped this separation by gender during breakfast. Her taking the initiative to just sit with Hiro wherever she wants brought everyone closer together there.

First time 02 asked Hiro to make it rain on which he responded that it's not him doing this. Then during the escalation between 02 & Ichigo it was the rain that broke the situation up. Seeing how 02 had to remind herself again that it wasn't him causing the rain at the end of the episode I strongly believe this was a way to show how the rain made her think about Hiro which in exchange calmed her down. At the end Hiro also changes his response and says she isn't sure if he can't make it rain, not literally of course.

02 took the lead and asked Hiro to show her around which she didn't ask for the first time she came here. It shows that there is interest on her side to learn about how he and the others life. There is also this nice moment when 02 looks at a wing that is pretty much a skeleton except for a few feathers.
Feb 10, 2018 10:41 AM

Aug 2016
Just look at horns..
Feb 10, 2018 10:42 AM
Jan 2011
Or maybe instead of being "disposed" - they have a short life span.

I think 02 knew what's going on. As in how the world came to be. I think she's playing Cassandra.

BakedEnvy said:

I don't think its Dino Aids so much as the body trying to adapt to a transformation.
Feb 10, 2018 10:43 AM

Mar 2013
Since this is Trigger, what are the odds that Hiro gets Kamina'd in the next two to three episodes?
Feb 10, 2018 10:45 AM

Aug 2016
broodo said:
Since this is Trigger, what are the odds that Hiro gets Kamina'd in the next two to three episodes?

Nope. It's not a Gainax, it's a Trigger, they are not into such a things.
Feb 10, 2018 10:48 AM

Nov 2007
broodo said:

Nah. I don't think that's gonna happen.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 10, 2018 10:48 AM

Jan 2009
oh damn 002 does not care about Hiro at all meanwhile Ichigo cares about Hiro, the love triangle is blossoming

the Drama in the FranXX is going strong
Feb 10, 2018 10:49 AM

Feb 2018
broodo said:

Hmm there would be a .5% chance that he dies or af least is “lost in battle”, he will more likely be senketsu’d at the end
Feb 10, 2018 10:50 AM

Dec 2014
As usual, I don't know why the side characters outside of Ichigo and Goro even exist, and it was really nice to see Goro try to help Hiro in whatever way he could. Highly doubt Hiro's going to die the next time, so I'm curious to see how the condition gets handled. He might turn into a different organism or something, but whatever.
I need sleep.
Feb 10, 2018 10:53 AM

Sep 2016
Now that was an epic episode. So much politics, so much romance, so much 02. Oh wait, Hiro will be screwed next episode? Lessee. Things are about to get interesting...
Feb 10, 2018 10:54 AM

Feb 2018
isekai said:
oh damn 002 does not care about Hiro at all meanwhile Ichigo cares about Hiro, the love triangle is blossoming

the Drama in the FranXX is going strong

She does care about him to a certain extent, but if he were to die he would only fall into where she says “Weaklings die. Big deal”
Feb 10, 2018 10:55 AM

Dec 2017
This was the best episode so far, I have no idea wtf is that on Hiro's chest but I begin to dislike both Hiro's and Zero two's personalities. I have this feeling that 02 doesn't give a damn about Hiro's health.

I feel really sad about Ichigo, until this episode I really thought she's insufferable but now I kinda like her. I'm surprised she had the guts to hit 02 (and the rain also saved her because 02 got soo angry.....)

I like Goro too, I think he'd make a nice pair with Ichigo. Also Zorome with Miku, I'm already shipping them lol. Anyway, I'm looking forward to what will happen next, I hope the show won't fuck up because I'm starting to enjoy it.

Feb 10, 2018 10:56 AM

Sep 2013
The main casts mechas are different and themselves have personality because of their hastily formed sqaud and hiro.
Look like hiro is gaining yellow blood cells while the other lose it, he is turning into an oni himself, red oni and blue oni :)
Ichigo and goro beginning to understand feelings.

Mar 2013
SilentNox said:
broodo said:

Yeah, but some of members of Trigger started at Gainax. Plus this series has an infinitely more serious tone to it than others they've put out.

While i admit it is a longshot that Hiro does, if he does I could see Zero Two losing it. Which means she could go one of two was:
- super depressed for 1/3 to 1/2 the series. We won't see Strelizia as it can't be activated. Also, she could kill or let other FranXX members die in the battle.

- or finally reconciling with the other and becoming the leading replacing Ichigo.

I really don't see them killing Hiro early on but it could happen and speculate on it.

Most likely they'll do some ass pull and he will heal or become like Zero Two or a variant thereof.
Nov 2017
A more low key episode, but there are so many little things to take in. The progression of Zero-Two and Hiro's relationship, Ichigo and Goro's realization of unknown feelings.

I'm just hoping that mark on Hiro leads him to be stronger.
Feb 10, 2018 11:01 AM
May 2014
But, what if Hiro gets better when he pilots with 02? Maybe it is the translation I watched (although I doubt there are so many of them out there) but they mentioned Hiro was having the opposite reaction to riding 02 as the other pilots. So while riding her kills the others, riding her heals him. Something where eventually he will have to ride more and more often due to the blue thing spreading.
Feb 10, 2018 11:02 AM

May 2013
shanimebib said:

Yep. I am pretty sure the Children are disposed of at some point. That's why there are no adult pilots. It's been pretty obvious that those Papa people don't give shit about the lives of these Children and in this episode, they even showed as far as going as worshiping these Papa people (before they ate).

326 is still suffering from the toll it took on his body. Outwardly he doesn't show it. His character description says he is extremely proud to show any weaknesses.

Perhaps that was 002 challenging 015 as to what is this human that are bound by the rules set by those above them.

Also, the Children from 26th already roused their death flags in this episode. Won't be surprised if they get wiped out in the next episode. The character designs and their interactions had death written all over them.

I think the Children of 13th are all awakening special emotions one by one. First it was 016, then 015, then 196 (notice how she said she didn't care about who she gets to pilot with, adding to the previous notion that she has feelings for 015) and now 056 when he snapped at 016 and then stopped himself from consoling 015.

This Papa seems to be some sort of false god and is probably Zero Two's main objective (however her goals exactly looks)

Exactly those rules which bound everyone are probably one of the things Zero Two wants break apart, you can see how angry she gets in this scene.

Pretty sure some of the other squad will die next time, the perfect time to show 13th squad how serious the situation they are in really is.

Like it was stated by the other guys 13th is special because everyone has a name and even the Franxx look all different. And who is the one responsible for all them having names and developing feelings one after another? right Hiro the special case which I slowly believe is known by a lot more people we first thought.
Feb 10, 2018 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
While there's no fighting scene, but there are some interesting things about Plantation, other FranXX team and the world itself.
Feb 10, 2018 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
Easily the best episode yet.
Feb 10, 2018 11:11 AM
Dec 2017
I smell NTR and Yuri
Feb 10, 2018 11:15 AM
May 2016
That one guy was doing drugs, completely unexpected. I really liked the little developments from the characters in this episode.

My current rank for the episodes in order is 6,3,9,9,9, with an average of 7.2. So my overall ranking is still 6, but I really want the series to keep this streak up so that I can give it a more deserving ranking at the end.
Feb 10, 2018 11:15 AM

Sep 2011
Once again lots of weak areas in this episode, but it was by far the strongest offering in the series in terms of writing and direction. Lots of implications this episode.
Feb 10, 2018 11:16 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
You know what would be the greatest twist? Hiro just dying like all the others and seeing the other kids in the squad deal with it with the feelings they are clearly about to obtain (see Goro here) in the second half of the show. That would be the gutsiest move, i don't they will pull that though.

Another great episode, felt very nicely paced. Characters are really interesting by now and i need to see more of their development.
Feb 10, 2018 11:16 AM

Aug 2016
broodo said:
SilentNox said:

Yeah, but some of members of Trigger started at Gainax. Plus this series has an infinitely more serious tone to it than others they've put out.

While i admit it is a longshot that Hiro does, if he does I could see Zero Two losing it. Which means she could go one of two was:
- super depressed for 1/3 to 1/2 the series. We won't see Strelizia as it can't be activated. Also, she could kill or let other FranXX members die in the battle.

- or finally reconciling with the other and becoming the leading replacing Ichigo.

I really don't see them killing Hiro early on but it could happen and speculate on it.

Most likely they'll do some ass pull and he will heal or become like Zero Two or a variant thereof.

Here's other reasons why Hiro won't die until the end of the series. One of them is that there's no another possible pair for 002 in the rooster.

Yeah, the most expectable variant is that Hiro will almost die after third time with 002 but after that he'll mutate into something not so human but perfectly capable of merging with pink haired.
Feb 10, 2018 11:17 AM

Dec 2017
this episode was pure gold, so much character development, i just can't get enough of it.

i was expecting for Ichigo's mental breakdown with this raindrop scene, it wasn't amazing but still glad it's in there

best episode, glad they've shown 002 true face, doubt that that will affect all her fanboys though
Feb 10, 2018 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
Dang, haven't felt that many mixed emotions in a single episode since Sinbad no Bouken. Thank you so much for an awesome episode, Takao-san! *^*

Getting to see other Parasites only emphasized the danger of piloting with Zero Two. Cue Mitsuru's breakdown.

And as for the Hiro x Zero Two ship...was it all a lie? Was there even a ship to begin with? I'm so confused ;-;

I really do feel like Hiro's gonna pull an Eren on us, it's too soon for him to die. Or is it?
Feb 10, 2018 11:23 AM

Dec 2017
Smudy said:
You know what would be the greatest twist? Hiro just dying like all the others and seeing the other kids in the squad deal with it with the feelings they are clearly about to obtain (see Goro here) in the second half of the show. That would be the gutsiest move, i don't they will pull that though.

oh boy, that would be nasty. i would totally like to see that. yeah, most likely they won't pull this out because this will cause a massive shitstorm lol
Feb 10, 2018 11:24 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well done Hiro. Embrace crazy all the way and get infected to the maxx or die in a blaze of lusty 02 euphoric glory.

This show is getting better and better.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 10, 2018 11:25 AM

Aug 2008
Boy, Hiiro is into some kinky stuff if he didn't mind being bitten in the neck. Isn't she supposed to be an Oni, not vampire...?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 10, 2018 11:29 AM
Jan 2018
About Zorome's question, I guess the kids just aren't supposed to age, like a bunch of "Peter Pans".
Feb 10, 2018 11:30 AM

Oct 2014
Hiro's hybrid form will have wings as well as horns, I'm betting.
Feb 10, 2018 11:32 AM

Jan 2016
They're foreshadowing a lot, what I'm the most interested about is Zero two's past. I loved the scene where she asked Ichigo what humans are to them? There is a lot of behind those words.

I mean I expected Hiro to have some kind of a problem but much later on, not this early on. Great character progression in this episode, the characters are a lot more fleshed out now after 5 episodes
Feb 10, 2018 11:35 AM
Jan 2018
Fappa said:
I thought it was interesting how there were a lot of character dynamics with 02 that were hard to catch the first time you watch it.

As much as she is blamed to cause chaos in the whole team it was her who pretty much stopped this separation by gender during breakfast. Her taking the initiative to just sit with Hiro wherever she wants brought everyone closer together there.

First time 02 asked Hiro to make it rain on which he responded that it's not him doing this. Then during the escalation between 02 & Ichigo it was the rain that broke the situation up. Seeing how 02 had to remind herself again that it wasn't him causing the rain at the end of the episode I strongly believe this was a way to show how the rain made her think about Hiro which in exchange calmed her down. At the end Hiro also changes his response and says she isn't sure if he can't make it rain, not literally of course.

02 took the lead and asked Hiro to show her around which she didn't ask for the first time she came here. It shows that there is interest on her side to learn about how he and the others life. There is also this nice moment when 02 looks at a wing that is pretty much a skeleton except for a few feathers.

This scene of rain see that 02 is real in love of hiro
Feb 10, 2018 11:36 AM
Jun 2016
With each episode this is only getting better... this will be in talks for anime of the year
Feb 10, 2018 11:41 AM
Jan 2018
Best episode until now...
Feb 10, 2018 11:45 AM
Jan 2015
02 looked exactly like lucy holding the gun in elfen lied when ichigo slapped her, even the clothes are similar
Feb 10, 2018 11:46 AM

Aug 2014
If you remember episode 1 at the start, it show's Hiro and Zero Two together with Ichigo monologuing over the two. It seemed like that was more into the future, then where it's at now considering how it looks and ichigo's tone over the matter. So Hiro dying is extremely unlikely.
Feb 10, 2018 11:47 AM

Sep 2016
riding sluts give you aids lmao
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 10, 2018 11:48 AM

Apr 2015
Did people forget what 02 said in episode 1?

"Your ability is probably still just dormant. I can awaken it for you"

In this episode we hear that 02 has an opposite effect on Hiro compared to others who are known to suffer damage from piloting with her.

She's not killing him, she's awakening his potential and fulfilling his dream. Heck, she might even extend his lifespan more to what they can apparently reach.
Feb 10, 2018 11:48 AM

Sep 2016
sadl1fe said:
I am really excited for the next episode since so many things happened in this one. Saturday can't come faster
thats a fact this was an awesome buildup kept me entertained throughout i love how the tone is getting darker
Facta Non Verba
Feb 10, 2018 11:51 AM

Dec 2015
Wow, Darling in the FranXX hitting us with two great episodes in the row. I am starting to have higher hopes for this series, especially if they manage to keep this up.

Ichigo is revealed is be a surprisingly mature and complex character, and not so much of a easily perturbed brat that gets triggered whenever Hiro wants to pilot with Zero Twon. I am impressed.

Zero Two, on the other hand, displayed a much more sinister/antagonistic side to her character that had been hinted at throughout the previous episodes.

The overall direction and pacing of the recent episodes have also been a lot better, and each episode seemed have a more consistent tone, such as this one having a slightly more melancholic/pensive mood to its presentation, which I greatly appreciate.

The show brings up some new aspects of the plot and universe that could be explored in the future. I seems like these kids, or "parasites", are being kept young purposely to pilot these mechs? That is the impression I got from Zorome's little conversation with Plantation 26 members.

Looking forward to see whether Hiro dies next episode :) now wouldn't that be a twist?

The last scene where Zero Two runs off into the rain laughing as the ED music began playing also gave. me major CHILLS for some reason. Great way to end the episode off.

Also, I'm not the only one who noticed this right..?

HibikaseFeb 10, 2018 12:08 PM
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Feb 10, 2018 11:52 AM

Nov 2007
Smudy said:

Another great episode, felt very nicely paced. Characters are really interesting by now and i need to see more of their development.

He is already mentioned to be special so that is not gonna happen. He already thought the idea to have just code names wasn't fun so he gave his friends names and he will be the one to revolt as hints were given at episode 3 as he pondered on 002's "I can get you out of this place". Both 002 and 016 might die halfway the anime but not soon.

There is another A1-pics anime where it happens though.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 10, 2018 11:53 AM

Nov 2016
There are two possibilities,either Hiro is going to die or to get stronger than before.

GangsterCat said:
riding sluts give you aids lmao

XD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 10, 2018 11:56 AM
Feb 2018
Funny, I was tempted in the last episode discussion to speculate that Zero 2 could turn out to be like the old vampire character Carmilla from the le Fanu story, in that, much like Carmilla, she may psychologically like the idea of having a special someone she clings to and who clings to her, but that relationship is still just the prelude to her ultimately consuming and destroying that person, and she knows it, even as her affection is real.

That analogy seemed like a stretch after the last seemingly cute ep, so I didn't mention it. But it is suddenly starting to feel more appropriate all the time...

That said, I still hold out hope for a different kind of story with a happier turn of events.

And I certainly don't want this to turn into a cautionary tale about associating with loose and wild girls who don't behave like proper nadeshikos and, heaven forbid, may even be *shudder* impure. That would suck.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

70 by Cheer_Leader »»
Aug 22, 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.