Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 3, 2018 5:12 AM

Jul 2014
People can live their lives however they want as without adhering to societal norms as far as I'm concerned and I don't think anyone is purely masculine or feminine.
Take care of yourself

Feb 3, 2018 9:02 AM

Oct 2014
I think everyone would be an Alpha Male if we just had them watch this video daily.

Feb 3, 2018 10:11 AM

Jun 2015
yeah i agree with therazorguy, people should dress and act however they want to. just because you're used to shit, doesn't mean it gives you right to hate on people who act and do things differently
Feb 3, 2018 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
Gender roles are retarded, if a guy is feminine just let him be feminine (same thing with a girl being masculine)
Feb 10, 2018 3:58 AM

Feb 2011
Swagernator said:
Bambi said:
But there are even gender roles in the animal kingdom!

But even those are only forced by animal society, and poor individuals cannot defend themselves against oppression of alt-right animals.

Lions are the symbol of the patriarcy, they should be genetically engineered to give lionesses equal chances to dominate the harem. Right, right.

Dildry said:
Higher living Standards produce weaker men

Lower living Standards produce stronger men

In theory atleast.

There is that saying of:
Hard times makes strong men, strong men makes good times, good times makes weak men, weak men makes hard times.

But the hard time->strong men works only when there is some fighting back to improve things, plenty of people live in bad living standards and they can't get out of it, resulting in the low living standards to damage and consume them and their chances to be better. So some get even weaker because of low standards, if they don't fight it.

Liquidswords said:
I guess it depends on how a man is raised. If he is brought up with cotton wool around him, he isn't exaclty going be the toughest guy out there.

That would be true if they are isolated from the world, living only into their cotton filled family, but eventually it should be the reality outside to give them some slaps or kicks.
Now, what if it's the reality out there to be cotton wooled?

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 10, 2018 4:24 AM

Sep 2015
Love it when men compare themselves to lions. You ain't no lion. A lion is a savage, a king of the jungle. A lion has to hunt and kill for its for food. Most guys don't even know how to kill and skin a rabbit lol.
Feb 10, 2018 4:38 AM

Sep 2014
Liquidswords said:
Love it when men compare themselves to lions. You ain't no lion. A lion is a savage, a king of the jungle. A lion has to hunt and kill for its for food. Most guys don't even know how to kill and skin a rabbit lol.

Men are Lions. Male Lions leave the hunting to the females, while they scratch their nuts. So yes we are lions, majestic and savage creatures letting our wives do the work, because we have the superior brain.
Feb 10, 2018 4:48 AM

Jan 2015
Guess I am a soyboy for not being sexist and following expected gender roles and norms.
Feb 10, 2018 5:13 AM

Aug 2015
@Bambi
Now I've skimmed through the thread and only saw a few answers worth nothing
The majority is either:
a) guys that think they are alpha and saying a man should be always macho and alpha
b) betas defending themselves
c) generally just subjective opinions that bring nothing to the table
d) ado expressing his concern about his diarrhea

Now I may not like most of your threads since they usually only inspire the worst of users to speak out, this one is not an exception.
You didn't really ask a question which can be objectively debatable, the answer to it boils down to one's own liking. Some women prefer more feminine bois some prefer more masculine ones. It's like asking "Why are people afraid to switch to Apple from Android" which makes no sense.

now the question I want to ask you is
"@Bambi do you like more dominant men, or do you like to be the more dominant one?"
I am sure you were just waiting to be asked this
your answer will determine if you're worthy to reproduce, I'll make sure to chose only the best men for you
I am a generous god after all

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Feb 10, 2018 5:36 AM

Apr 2014
@AdoSama How dare you.

This thread doesn't have to be about women's preference in men. In fact, it's a question that is more directed towards males themselves.

And for your information, it is a fact that men these days are afraid to be real men, so you cannot compare it to a subjective apple vs android scenario.

I prefer real men. Does that answer surprise you?
Feb 10, 2018 6:02 AM

Aug 2015
Bambi said:
@AdoSama How dare you.

This thread doesn't have to be about women's preference in men. In fact, it's a question that is more directed towards males themselves.

And for your information, it is a fact that men these days are afraid to be real men, so you cannot compare it to a subjective apple vs android scenario.

I prefer real men. Does that answer surprise you?
baka, ofc you like real men, every women does :3

or maybe some like 2D more, hey, I don't judge. Totally understand them :3

hmmm you really think most men today are afraid to be "real men"?
I wonder where you pull those conclusions for yourself
I mean we still have men working in the same industries as before
And the personalities in general didn't really change
I need some help here Bambi my dear, btw that's a really cute name

hmmm oh it's not about women's preference in men? :o
what is it then?
Did I miss the point, what kind of answer did you expect to get
are you satisfied with the replies? :3

btw why did you lock your comments up? :< I wanna hit you up
AdoSamaFeb 10, 2018 6:06 AM

Feb 10, 2018 6:19 AM

Jun 2015
Clebardman said:
I'm not cooking because I'm beta, I'm cooking because I like eating good stuff (^:
im cooking cuz im alone [moms not home] and am hungry and I know how to make this shit work.

also I dont bother shaving regularly cuz my work place lets me keep a beard. I dont fashion or trim it, just go to a barber once a month. also fat and lazy. not all men are tryna look pretty these days
Feb 10, 2018 7:01 AM

Feb 2011
Liquidswords said:

True.

But taking things too literally is an other problem of out modern time, people are too singleminded to see nuances.
Let's not even talk about sarcasm or irony, I though to have made that pretty clear, but I should have overstimated myself.

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 10, 2018 7:59 AM

Dec 2017
Wat, 2 weeks ago I saw the question 'Are women afraid to be women' and now dis one.

Ok, let everyone be what they want. WHat if they want to be a pony, a battery or a book. Let them be, don't assume their gender.
Feb 10, 2018 8:07 AM

Apr 2014
sashaanjo said:
Wat, 2 weeks ago I saw the question 'Are women afraid to be women' and now dis one.

Ok, let everyone be what they want. WHat if they want to be a pony, a battery or a book. Let them be, don't assume their gender.
I WAS THE ONE WHO MADE THE THREAD ORIGINALLY !
Feb 10, 2018 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
Bambi said:
sashaanjo said:

Wow. Stop trying to steal other ppls credit
oh snap
Feb 10, 2018 8:17 AM

Aug 2016
Who says this matter must play out exclusively in those extremes?

I'm not the type to scream at a football game, or to be very assertive, but I'm also not the type to be very concerned about my appearance, nor do I really have any interest in just staying at home doing housework all day in the future. So I don't really fall into either category that you stated.

And since I find myself in the neutral ground of this whole thing, no, men are not afraid to be manly. It's just that some men simply don't have that precise manly personality, just like how some women might prefer guns over ponies.
Feb 10, 2018 8:23 AM

May 2010
Appletreefire said:
Bambi said:

It's okay. I was a little hurt when she copied my thread idea so quickly, but I think she just wanted my attention.
Feb 10, 2018 10:06 AM

May 2015
OmegaSwampert said:
Who says this matter must play out exclusively in those extremes?

I'm not the type to scream at a football game, or to be very assertive, but I'm also not the type to be very concerned about my appearance, nor do I really have any interest in just staying at home doing housework all day in the future. So I don't really fall into either category that you stated.

And since I find myself in the neutral ground of this whole thing, no, men are not afraid to be manly. It's just that some men simply don't have that precise manly personality, just like how some women might prefer guns over ponies.

What does it mean to be 'manly' anyway? I mean, I'd say a man is anyone who has a penis and testicles. Does it have to be more?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 10, 2018 10:09 AM

Feb 2010
acting "manly" these days called sexist or sexual harassing so.. ofc they afraid
Feb 10, 2018 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
A lot of it's diet (soy, estrogen in meat, plastics being estrogenic, etc.), but a lot of it is also the way men are raised. Men who don't fight back against that sort of thing lack confidence and/or are too lazy to take male responsibilities.

Everyone has (in various areas of their personality), different masculine and feminine elements within them, but there are certain innate qualities that come with gender. They come naturally and don't need to be learned - it's better for some people to "unlearn" what they think they know.
Feb 10, 2018 4:39 PM

Apr 2014
Thrashinuva said:
Appletreefire said:

It's okay. I was a little hurt when she copied my thread idea so quickly, but I think she just wanted my attention.
Omg you're just trying to trigger me.
Feb 10, 2018 6:54 PM

May 2010
Bambi said:
Thrashinuva said:
Omg you're just trying to trigger me.
What, how could you... the buttons I want to press are far from any of the ones that make you angry.
Feb 10, 2018 7:17 PM

Nov 2013
It's okay to act like a girl and speak like a girl as long as you really look like a girl and you are extremely cute.
But there's nothing more repulsive than a bearded man speaking in a feminine way.
If you can't behave according to your appearance, you're a pervert.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 11, 2018 2:15 AM

Nov 2017
What's up with all these controversial threads?
Feb 11, 2018 8:49 AM
Feb 2017
Because these days, there's feminists who want the role of a 'man'.

Feb 11, 2018 11:15 AM

Jul 2011
I think "Modern men" have a choice over who they want to be just like the modern women should and does, i do personally think people in general should be strong just to deal with life but there is nothing to say you can't be strong while embracing other aspects of your personality and also find others that accept you for them. After all not everyone has the same taste in people as each other, on the opposite end of the argument i like stronger more mature women who are not afraid to take lead, not because i want to be submissive or identify as being a submissive male but because its nice to have someone like yourself who carries equal the weight and growing up around strong women i generally have a respect for those kinds. So i am sure there are plenty of guys and girls out there who respect those people you identify as submissive more so then they respect the ones you call "manly" just based on their own personal experience with the opposite sex. In the same vein i do respect guys who don't feel the need to fall into their perspective roles, i respect anyone who chooses what they want to be and makes it work, as should we all as long as its not harming anyone.
Feb 11, 2018 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
people are afraid of a lot of things
is it fear of wiping your own bum? that doesn't last long
and being afraid of following the ways of chuck norris or however you wanna put it isn't a thing any people i know ever worry about
Apr 19, 2018 9:33 AM

Mar 2018
nicethings said:
As a female, I’d rather be the one dominated. The femdom sexual kink grosses me out.

Pretty boys can still have dominant personalities regardless of how they look. Looks don’t define how one acts in terms of personality, let alone sexuality.

You basically described the ninja guy and Puri Puri Prisoner from One Punch. The most feminine looking guy in the entire universe acting like an ''Alpha male'' and a Bara guy who is just a perverted fan girl.
Apr 19, 2018 9:39 AM

Jun 2011
Ekaen said:
nicethings said:
As a female, I’d rather be the one dominated. The femdom sexual kink grosses me out.

Pretty boys can still have dominant personalities regardless of how they look. Looks don’t define how one acts in terms of personality, let alone sexuality.

You basically described the ninja guy and Puri Puri Prisoner from One Punch. The most feminine looking guy in the entire universe acting like an ''Alpha male'' and a Bara guy who is just a perverted fan girl.
except puri puri prisoner still sounds dom since he attacks men, one question I've had is if that mofo straight up raped these guys or was it more anime style sexual harassment.... life sentence suggests rape I guess
Apr 19, 2018 9:57 AM

Mar 2018
Killaclown said:
Ekaen said:

except puri puri prisoner still sounds dom since he attacks men, one question I've had is if that mofo straight up raped these guys or was it more anime style sexual harassment.... life sentence suggests rape I guess

He protec
He attack
But most importantly he rape
Apr 19, 2018 9:59 AM

May 2017
Idk here in my country,man are raised as medieval beasts..I tend not to get involved,my slav genes are too low.
Apr 19, 2018 10:10 AM

Mar 2018
Bambi said:
These days a lot of men want to take on the role of the ‘woman,’ such as dressing up and looking pretty, being a house husband and generally being a submissive bitch. Why is this? Is it because modern men are simply too afraid of being the protector and embracing their masculinity? I've heard the new term "soy boy" being used quite a bit these days, which is used to describe an emasculated beta male lacking in testosterone and other "manly" qualities. Besides the term being a bit of a meme, is there some truth to it? Discuss.

Probably because today women are more ''aggressive'' and for some it might be hard to keep up, also following the gender role of being a manly man is not easy task, you girls have it easier, all you need to do is to be passive and funny. While men have an incredibly long checklist in order to be ''accepted'' by society.

The other reason might be simply because nowadays any type of people reproduce, you don't need to be a manly men to have kids... so passive feminine men are more likely to spread their genes.

StaleNoodle said:
Idk here in my country,man are raised as medieval beasts..I tend not to get involved,my slav genes are too low.

I know right. Beer and ass all day with some pula mea or blyat here and there, that's a real east Europe/Russian man !
EkaenApr 19, 2018 10:14 AM
Apr 19, 2018 10:29 AM

May 2017
Ekaen said:
Bambi said:
These days a lot of men want to take on the role of the ‘woman,’ such as dressing up and looking pretty, being a house husband and generally being a submissive bitch. Why is this? Is it because modern men are simply too afraid of being the protector and embracing their masculinity? I've heard the new term "soy boy" being used quite a bit these days, which is used to describe an emasculated beta male lacking in testosterone and other "manly" qualities. Besides the term being a bit of a meme, is there some truth to it? Discuss.

Probably because today women are more ''aggressive'' and for some it might be hard to keep up, also following the gender role of being a manly man is not easy task, you girls have it easier, all you need to do is to be passive and funny. While men have an incredibly long checklist in order to be ''accepted'' by society.

The other reason might be simply because nowadays any type of people reproduce, you don't need to be a manly men to have kids... so passive feminine men are more likely to spread their genes.

StaleNoodle said:

I know right. Beer and ass all day with some pula mea or blyat here and there, that's a real east Europe/Russian man !

cyka blyat cyka blyat
Eastern Europe is truly broken imo
Apr 19, 2018 11:10 AM

Nov 2016
Yes, I'm very afraid of being an insufferable jock.
Apr 19, 2018 10:25 PM

Feb 2016
In certain places, yes men are afraid to embrace their masculinity. Men have been feminized more then ever with feminist and SJW ideology being taught to boys from a young age.

In the words of my uncle "Every woman wants a docile man until shit goes down.". With that being said, I have no problem with feminine men nor do I care about any mans orientation, but to deny the facts that society is feminizing men at this point is insane.

The real question isn't "Are men afraid to be 'men'? it's "Is the feminization of men in today's society a problem?" and the answer as of right now is no. But it can become one in the future if we have to fight another war that brings back the draft or if nation-wide crisis strikes whether it is nuclear, fiscal, or natural.

As for the people who want to do away with gender roles, I agree, as long as men and women are still willing to sacrifice and embrace gender roles if needed (a mother that is willing to quit her job to adopt a more maternal role in a family, a man who is willing to provide and protect for a family if needed).

Apr 19, 2018 10:32 PM

Apr 2015
I don't see the problem with men not wanting to conform to gender roles and stereotypes. I also believe that belittling a man for not being "manly" can be really damaging.
weenahApr 19, 2018 10:36 PM
Apr 19, 2018 10:54 PM

Mar 2018
nicethings said:

RIP dream girl. I was really hoping you'd be into pegging. Dreams crushed.
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
Apr 19, 2018 10:59 PM

Jul 2014
I loooove masculine men because I’m pretty and super feminine in my romantic relationships. But please be smart enough to know that you need to balance your masculinity with being a genuinely nice person.
Apr 20, 2018 5:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I mean it's not like SJWs and feminism are the only reason guys might want to be more feminine. Maybe they just genuinely prefer cutesy stuff over testosterone? I don't think that's such a strange thing
Apr 20, 2018 5:34 AM
Jul 2018
No, people are just being themselves. They are living life according to their preferences and not how the 'society' wants them to be. Also I disagree with the 'roles' part. One can take any role they want, you don't have to belong to any specific gender to do something you want.
Apr 20, 2018 9:01 AM

Dec 2016
Chaet said:
No, people are just being themselves. They are living life according to their preferences and not how the 'society' wants them to be. Also I disagree with the 'roles' part. One can take any role they want, you don't have to belong to any specific gender to do something you want.

Well said.

As for personal preferences, feminine, soft men> manly men.
Apr 20, 2018 9:20 AM

Aug 2015
I am very afraid of being a man
That's why I am a woman

Apr 20, 2018 9:27 AM

Dec 2014
Bambi said:

Could not agree more. Household roles, looking nice, and being submissive bitches are roles best served by females.
I find myself just as confused as you as to why this trend continues amongst men today.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Apr 20, 2018 2:05 PM

Jan 2009
from the economics perspective it makes sense

how can a lot of man today be a decent provider when decent paying jobs are scarce
Apr 20, 2018 10:16 PM

Jan 2015
God forbid a dude clean or occasionally look after and be loving to their children.
Apr 23, 2018 8:30 PM

Jan 2014
shitposting at its finest

[okjgdngoksngokrsng
Apr 23, 2018 8:47 PM

Dec 2014
Because why NOT?

I believe OP is being way too worried about people should or shouldn't do in their lives.
FragMentizedApr 24, 2018 3:29 PM
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Apr 23, 2018 9:09 PM

Jul 2015
dun be afred to being men

-norse kevin bacon of many fitness
Apr 24, 2018 12:43 PM

Apr 2014
Thread locked due to the new Casual Discussion Rules

Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed. Please use the Current Events board for new developments in these topics, and follow the board rules there. This includes, but is not limited to, topics which:
a. aim to profile/stereotype, or question the legitimacy of, people based on their gender, sexual orientation, race, xenophobia, religion, etc.
b. discuss highly-debated social issues; e.g. abortion, sexual assault, immigration, etc.
c. focus on political ideologies and events; e.g. Nazism, fascism, world leaders, controversial laws/lobbies, etc.
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What was your pooerest ever you have been?

HateFearHunger - Sep 20

40 by JaniSIr »»
7 minutes ago

» Am I the only one who doesnt like discord? ( 1 2 )

Bensku - Yesterday

53 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago

» Life has its ups and downs, would you say you're at a low or at a high?

EmiliaHoarfrost - Yesterday

14 by MalchikRepaid »»
10 minutes ago

» Why do people abandon their friends for relationships?

Amityblight - Sep 20

43 by Noboru »»
12 minutes ago

» If you happened to see a MAL user in real life

GinInYourJuice - Sep 18

36 by Noboru »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.