Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 22, 2013 11:04 PM

Feb 2012
Woah that intersected perfectly with index S1.

Also looking at the screenshots in this thread, I never noticed how much the quality has improved :O

I thought it always looked the way it does now but with slight improvements lol. Then again, it's clear the budget has increased greatly from S1 of index thanks to its success.
Jun 22, 2013 11:16 PM

Jun 2009
Poor Misaka ;_;

Now she's going to destroy tree diagram?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2013 12:11 AM
Apr 2008
I am terrified to see what kind of difference we will see in a few more years of anime.
Jun 23, 2013 1:36 AM
Mar 2013
Stark700 said:

This is kinda cute.

This reminds me of Itachi from Naruto... lol.

I liked the episode. I give it a 10/10. I liked how J.C. staff not only used Railgun source material but also LN 3 source material, the finger accelerator was chewing... (even if it was disgusting and horrible to watch, it was true to the source material, which I liked).

Seeing Mikoto flip out and hit the street light hard enough to get a bruise was pretty intense. It was also nice to see how she finally realized her enemy is the whole city. This makes it darker than season 1 which was about how she wants to protect the city and fights the enemy. This time she has to fight the city and everything it embodies to save her clones...

If people want to hate on Touma, realize first that it's his being there and Mikoto's friends that are stopping Mikoto from going completely insane and breaking down, so I appreciate his being there.

I actually don't like his new look. I hope it grows on me. I wish it stayed true to his LN look more... but it'll obviously grow on me...

The music when Kuroko met Touma was excellent :D

Uiharu has a dirty mind ;)

Great episode. 10/10.
Jun 23, 2013 3:49 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
Poor Misaka ;_;

You have already watched Index.You know that it
Jun 23, 2013 4:02 AM

Jan 2011
I want more Touma but we all know that that's not really going to happen. Q_Q
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
Poor Misaka ;_;

I watched it pretty long ago but I somehow managed to forgot it, but I can guess what happens and guess is probably the vague memory that I still have.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 23, 2013 4:09 AM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
Poor Misaka ;_;

Remember in the first few episodes about people questioning where Railgun S fits in the Index timeline and why Misaka didn't know about the Sisters until now.
Do you think people will remember that piece of event?
Jun 23, 2013 4:12 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
Poor Misaka ;_;

Remember in the first few episodes about people questioning where Railgun S fits in the Index timeline and why Misaka didn't know about the Sisters until now.
I think that a magical hyper beam that is sent to space cant be so easily forgotten .
Jun 23, 2013 4:43 AM

Oct 2009
Ah the nostalgia...ToumaXBiribiri moments are always fun
Jun 23, 2013 6:52 AM

Oct 2008
Hm... Interesting that no one commented on the changes between this scene from the first season of Index. It was more than just a simple perspective shift and re-animation, they actually changed up a ton of details such as how Mikoto got the drinks out of the vending machine and Kuroko's interaction with Touma...

While I personally don't mind the changes, it would have been nice if they had kept the sequence of events/dialogue the same, seeing that this is a crossover between the two series/seasons.
Jun 23, 2013 7:24 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
Poor Misaka ;_;

I think that a magical hyper beam that is sent to space cant be so easily forgotten .

How could you forget that event. I started laughing like a hyena when
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jun 23, 2013 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
More comparison shots (spoilered for large image).

neontasterJun 23, 2013 10:08 AM
Jun 23, 2013 9:47 AM

Sep 2012
^ I now understand why I never felt like buying the DVD for Index but I feel the urge of buying the Railgun2 BD...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 23, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
^ I now understand why I never felt like buying the DVD for Index but I feel the urge of buying the Railgun2 BD...

It's pretty amazing how far they've come in 5 years, and how little I noticed until I did a side-by-side. By the way, the part where Misaka kicks the vending machine is the same animation sequence. I'm pretty sure they took the old one and just dressed it with the new art. It's pretty much exactly the same including the cityscape in the background and the various trees.
Jun 23, 2013 10:10 AM

Feb 2010
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 23, 2013 10:21 AM

Aug 2009
Actar said:
Hm... Interesting that no one commented on the changes between this scene from the first season of Index. It was more than just a simple perspective shift and re-animation, they actually changed up a ton of details such as how Mikoto got the drinks out of the vending machine and Kuroko's interaction with Touma...

While I personally don't mind the changes, it would have been nice if they had kept the sequence of events/dialogue the same, seeing that this is a crossover between the two series/seasons.
Some parts that are the same as in Index were cut from the adaptation of Railgun S.And it's fine if the dialogue they change is just some jokes.
Jun 23, 2013 11:57 AM

Nov 2011
Actar said:

To me it is more like Index is about Touma's recollection of events and Railgun S is about Mikoto's. You ask two people to describe something that happened to them and each would tell you a slightly different version.
Jun 23, 2013 12:01 PM

Aug 2009
neontaster said:
Actar said:

To me it is more like Index is about Touma's recollection of events and Railgun S is about Mikoto's. You ask two people to describe something that happened to them and each would tell you a slightly different version.

What if the narrator in Index is future Touma that became
Jun 23, 2013 4:14 PM

Oct 2012
wtf it feels like i already watched this episode, the scene with the vending machine eating his money was too familiar

^ Why isn't this updating...
Jun 23, 2013 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
Pizuya said:
wtf it feels like i already watched this episode, the scene with the vending machine eating his money was too familiar

The same scene appeared in Toaru Majutsu no Index episode 10, only it was told from Touma's perspective.
Jun 23, 2013 7:27 PM

Feb 2010
AirStyles said:
Poor Misaka ;_;

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 23, 2013 7:28 PM

Sep 2011
CreationBreaker said:

Ehhh... Most of Index was really forgettable to me, maybe because. Watched season 1 on my iphone 3
TachiiJun 24, 2013 6:29 PM
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 23, 2013 8:19 PM
Jan 2013
Misaka's peace is shattered. Poor girl.
She hides the pain with a smile. Weird monologue... she'll let Kuroko catch her? What will happen then?
If she's talking about what I think she's talking about, Index really confused the timeline on that event (I thought it happened during the dismantling of the Index failsafe spell).
Next episode, Touma with koneko. :) But after that, bad things I remember from Index. *sadface*
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jun 23, 2013 8:30 PM

Mar 2012
skreyola said:
She hides the pain with a smile. Weird monologue... she'll let Kuroko catch her? What will happen then?
If she's talking about what I think she's talking about, Index really confused the timeline on that event (I thought it happened during the dismantling of the Index failsafe spell).
Next episode, Touma with koneko. :) But after that, bad things I remember from Index. *sadface*

Tree Diagram's Destruction never becomes public knowledge until, at earliest, the Remnants Arc for obvious reasons which are made more clear during that arc. In other words, nobody (not even the people who destroyed it) knows about Tree Diagram being shot down via Dragon's Breath at this point.

Jun 23, 2013 9:03 PM

Sep 2011
CreationBreaker said:
skreyola said:

Tree Diagram's Destruction never becomes public knowledge until, at earliest, the Remnants Arc for obvious reasons which are made more clear during that arc. In other words, nobody (not even the people who destroyed it) knows about Tree Diagram being shot down via Dragon's Breath at this point.

Which is a really weird plot device. I mean, the Dragon's Breath destroying Tree Diagram JUST by that degree? come on, how coincidental can it get? LOL
Jun 23, 2013 11:35 PM

Aug 2009
GodlyKyon said:
MAybe?:P

skreyola said:

Seriously?
GodlyKyon said:
CreationBreaker said:
skreyola said:

Which is a really weird plot device. I mean, the Dragon's Breath destroying Tree Diagram JUST by that degree? come on, how coincidental can it get? LOL

Raildex relies to "fate".
Touma being at the center of every catastrophe is more of a plot device especially after we learn some of the secrets of Imagine Breaker.
TachiiJun 24, 2013 6:30 PM
Jun 24, 2013 2:24 AM
Jul 2018
Even though I didn't really mind the first season to have more random episodes than those that actually had something to do with the main story, I still like they way they structured the second season more.

I guess I still miss the little fun time with all the 4 girls together, but the story is very interesting right now and I really do want to see how things continue from this point on.
Still I have a feeling, we will get to see at least some more unrelated episodes with just the girls having fun together and i also can't wait to see that, especially when knowing that things will definitely turn out hilarious as long as Kuroko is around.
Jun 24, 2013 7:33 AM

Nov 2010
Wonderful background story from Biribiri's view
I loved the night panorama of Academy city as well

Kuroko is the best! :3
Jun 24, 2013 9:16 AM

Aug 2009
Yurireviews said:
Even though I didn't really mind the first season to have more random episodes than those that actually had something to do with the main story, I still like they way they structured the second season more.

I guess I still miss the little fun time with all the 4 girls together, but the story is very interesting right now and I really do want to see how things continue from this point on.
Still I have a feeling, we will get to see at least some more unrelated episodes with just the girls having fun together and i also can't wait to see that, especially when knowing that things will definitely turn out hilarious as long as Kuroko is around.
If the arc after this turns out to be what LN readers think it will be(there were hints all over the place in previous eps),Arts and Science City arc,you will have both "girl fun" and plot.The whole arc is basically a
Jun 25, 2013 7:35 AM

Aug 2011
This was an interesting episode in terms of how this portion of the arc is being adapting. I was surprised to see scene that were only in the novel version.

The episode itself was great. It was nice to see Touma and Misaka interacting with each other again. The music and tone when Misaka found the experiment wasn't over was perfect. It was nice to see Accelerator's backstory early.

I look forward to see what is coming next.
Jun 25, 2013 3:55 PM

Jul 2010
Really liking the overlap with Index and seeing classic scenes with more back story and from different perspectives. Nice to see some more on the origin of the experiment with Accelerator too.

Jun 26, 2013 9:05 PM

Sep 2011
So I did a quick check up with the season 2 Index Loli-swap episode... The more I am looking at the Index anime, the more I am disappointed, it really could have been better, though some of the scenes seem a bit of drawn out, it could have been dealt with carefully to make the boring moments exciting. Like for example, when touma was buying the Chick donuts for MISAKA, he could have been portrayed as

stabbing into the chick very swiftly, then having a smug/disgusting face, then saying: "Not bad... For something that was in an experiment" while looking at MISAKA directly in the eyes for what she saw, for more LULZ
Jun 27, 2013 7:13 AM

Apr 2009
Oh, this episode helped jog my memory a bit about Index s1... no wonder Touma couldn't remember, he had amnesia after Index's arc. To be fair, the Index anime made it seem like too little of a factor in his life, almost as if it didn't really matter and nothing was really lost (maybe that really is the case).

Poor Mikoto, making the realization that despite all that hard and dangerous work nothing really changed hit her hard. Like a storm on her parade. Despair sets in from that false sense of peace vanishing from her mind. Judging by her question for Kuroko and that nobody in the city seems to know that Tree Diagram has already been destroyed by Index at this point (Touma already has amnesia, so yeah), I think she may be planning to attack a facility directly involved with the operations of that supercomputer...

I liked seeing more perspectives behind this arc, not only from Mikoto's side but also this time, a bit from Accelerator's side.

Hmm, it's a new ED (or a special ED?) by Yuka Iguchi - I can recognize that singing voice of hers now. Not as immediately to my liking as Grow Slowly, but maybe I'll warm up to it after a few more plays.
Jun 27, 2013 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
SayakaMagica said:
Oh, this episode helped jog my memory a bit about Index s1... no wonder Touma couldn't remember, he had amnesia after Index's arc. To be fair, the Index anime made it seem like too little of a factor in his life, almost as if it didn't really matter and nothing was really lost (maybe that really is the case).

I didn't like that subplot. Like you said - it felt like it had no real impact on the events of that show. There were some moments here and there, but overall I think they could have dropped it. Perhaps it is more significant in the novels.
Jun 27, 2013 8:37 AM

Mar 2012
neontaster said:
SayakaMagica said:

I didn't like that subplot. Like you said - it felt like it had no real impact on the events of that show. There were some moments here and there, but overall I think they could have dropped it. Perhaps it is more significant in the novels.

It has more significance in later events in the novels when
allowing for Touma's character to develop.

Jun 27, 2013 10:47 AM

Nov 2011
CreationBreaker said:
neontaster said:
SayakaMagica said:

It has more significance in later events in the novels when
allowing for Touma's character to develop.

Ahhhh. I kept wondering why that never happened on the show because it seemed like the obvious progression.
Jun 27, 2013 1:35 PM
Mar 2013
Here's a gift and a present/doomsday notice depending on how you see it:

Episodes:
13 through 16. Sisters arc ends with the 16th episode. (Like I predicted).

Starting episode 17 anime original arc with Kuroko and Co. it also apparently has a character that only had a one-time appearance in the manga. (Maybe Amai, Haruue, Index). I'm guessing that since LA city is around 4 episodes long they might/probably be able to squeeze it in there. I'm hoping they will. But they may not... (lol)

And Good Episode. I enjoyed it. (to be relevant). I liked how they moved the flashback earlier. I also liked how the director actually read the light novel (impressive). I also liked how Mikoto punched the streetlight and got a bruise. That was a BA moment. Touma's animation will take some getting used to. I like his LN animation style better lol. Hope Index Team does it better in season 3. But I'll probably get used to it. The animation quality is much better, I'll admit.

I liked the new ending theme. Oh Meigo's Seiyu :D

I wonder if the new opening theme by Fripside (it's been officially announced) is premiering next episode or episode 17.
Jun 27, 2013 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
dniv said:
Here's a gift and a present/doomsday notice depending on how you see it:

Episodes:
13 through 16. Sisters arc ends with the 16th episode. (Like I predicted).

Starting episode 17 anime original arc with Kuroko and Co. it also apparently has a character that only had a one-time appearance in the manga. (Maybe Amai, Haruue, Index). I'm guessing that since LA city is around 4 episodes long they might/probably be able to squeeze it in there. I'm hoping they will. But they may not... (lol)

And Good Episode. I enjoyed it. (to be relevant). I liked how they moved the flashback earlier. I also liked how the director actually read the light novel (impressive). I also liked how Mikoto punched the streetlight and got a bruise. That was a BA moment. Touma's animation will take some getting used to. I like his LN animation style better lol. Hope Index Team does it better in season 3. But I'll probably get used to it. The animation quality is much better, I'll admit.

I liked the new ending theme. Oh Meigo's Seiyu :D

I wonder if the new opening theme by Fripside (it's been officially announced) is premiering next episode or episode 17.

Great! They let freaking Index's VA to do the ending, what the hell?

My least favorite part about the Index series is Index, even though she is a major part of it...

I don't like the fact that the second half will be Anime-only, but maybe when season 3 comes(and it will) they will add in the lovely Shoukuhou Misaki(☆) and start her arc, hopefully the manga would have enough material by then.
Jun 29, 2013 10:02 PM

May 2013
Hmmm. i dint realy watch the parent story what if touma fight accelerator i think touma can win mikasa should stop shouldering all of the burden and ask for help just kill accelerator and the project will stop
Jul 2, 2013 4:31 PM

Aug 2008
OMG KUROKO.

YOU MAKE MY LIFE COMPLETE.

Oh how I've missed youuu.
Jul 4, 2013 2:48 PM

Oct 2011
Stark700 said:
Also, is this the first time that Saten and Touma are in the same show?

I'm pretty sure they were both in the prequel Railgun anime. Touma only made a few appearances there, though.

Jul 5, 2013 9:49 PM

Jun 2008
*Sigh*

Poor Kuroko, she wants to help but her own self righteousness is the very reason she can't.

Great episode.
Jul 14, 2013 12:02 PM

Nov 2009
The ending and ending song really felt heartful, an another amazing episode
Jul 19, 2013 4:57 AM

May 2013
Enjoyed this episode, even if it is just a reselling of the sisters' arc of Index I, glad to see more explanation and backstory. Looks like the next few episodes will be retellings too.

The new ED is pretty decent as well.
Jul 21, 2013 9:06 PM
May 2012
I feel bad for Nunotaba last episode after she got kidnapped.

Now we never know what happened to her (yes, she was missing in the entire story of course!!).

It's ashamed that things had to move on to the new story...
JafriZinJul 22, 2013 4:37 AM
Aug 9, 2013 7:48 PM

Oct 2010
It's been so long since I watched Index, I was also getting frustrated with Touma not remember anything. And then I remember that he really can't remember anything.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Aug 12, 2013 2:52 PM

Aug 2008
I'm enjoying this arc. It's fun to watch stuff unfolding from another perspective.
Sep 27, 2013 6:16 AM

Sep 2011
Holy shit... this is just way too good!
Sep 30, 2013 11:47 AM

May 2012
Pretty steady development, I do wonder what will happen next!

This show needs more Touma though!
Oct 2, 2013 5:34 AM

Sep 2013
JustALEX said:
*Sigh*

Poor Kuroko, she wants to help but her own self righteousness is the very reason she can't.

Great episode.

Yea. so heartbreaking.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2013

243 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 5, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

215 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 4, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

349 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 4, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.