Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 20, 2018 10:43 PM

Jul 2015
i have been depressed since morning on the death of lin... i hope the fucker gets the worst death possible... and also was our rookie banging lin the tittybar?? or was it someone else?
Jan 21, 2018 2:44 AM

Dec 2014
things get more and more complicated with so many misunderstandings in between
Jan 21, 2018 8:31 AM
Jun 2016
i think this now sparks the alliance between our favorite detective and favorite hitman crossdresser, this ought to be interesting
Jan 21, 2018 8:32 AM

Dec 2016
I'm interested to see where this show is going to go. I imagine at some point the Hankata Samurai is going to go after the cross-dressing guy so then everyone is going to work together to defeat him. But then how is Saitou involved?

Also that ending is super fucked
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 21, 2018 8:50 AM

Jul 2017
UkRs said:
i have been depressed since morning on the death of lin... i hope the fucker gets the worst death possible... and also was our rookie banging lin the tittybar?? or was it someone else?

She was a bit tied up at the time :-(
So it was someone else.
Jan 21, 2018 1:47 PM

Jan 2014
I think this is going to be the anime of the season for me. It had me at badass, cross-dressing Lin. Breaking the gender binary! And your face!

I also ship him with Banba. The two have great chemistry.

As for the end of this episode, why did it have to be his sister!?
Jan 21, 2018 4:10 PM

Jun 2013
oh man this was really good
Jan 21, 2018 8:55 PM

Sep 2010
TheDoggoneGirl said:
I love the ED. Holy shit. It's so Cowboy Bebop-y. :3

Yes, everyone was saying Durarara, but this show reminds me more of Cowboy Beepop. The main detective reminds me of Spike and instead of being bounty hunters everyone is a hitman.
Jan 22, 2018 4:22 AM
Dec 2017
An overall good episode! To be honest, the boobie bar part with Saito was funny. I honestly thought he'd give the money back, not spend it on food, drinks, and girls.
Jan 22, 2018 6:46 AM

May 2014
First ep didn't have too much going for it, but this ep was quite nice. That nice guy had a Kaneki vibe going for him, but then no legit torture or anything, just going off with "it's a misunderstanding". Didn't expect that.

That ending was amazing. Things are going to be lit. These were pretty good build up episodes. Looking forward to the next ep.
Jan 22, 2018 8:03 AM
Mar 2012
Didn't expect such a fast escalation.
All the factions are tied & related. Seems there's lots of factions Detectives, Avengers, RR, Human traffickers, & Mayor's group.
I like the cheeky tsundere crossdresser, refreshing for an mc.
Poor Saito lol.

Jan 22, 2018 4:45 PM
Jul 2013
TheDoggoneGirl said:
I love the ED. Holy shit. It's so Cowboy Bebop-y. :3

God, I love Cowboy Bebop, and for me this show has had sooo many references from the very start. Cowboy Bebop and City Hunter
Jan 22, 2018 8:27 PM

Aug 2013
Only decided to watch this because Kishida Kyoudan was doing the OP. Did not disappoint not only with the song but the actual show lol.

So the girl trafficked and delivered in the suitcase was actually Ling's sister, and she was drugged raped beaten and killed by that Hitman's asshole son. And poor guy Saito got set up as the fall guy.

It's actually all the more despicable when you realize the purple suit balled mafia guy actually knew what he was doing all along when he handed the girl over. She was "in the books" so he absolutely knew that the girl he was selling was Ling's sister, probably in a move to fuck over Ling for slighting him. Having the Hitman's crew kill him as well was basically killing two birds with one stone. I'll bet the mafia guy also probably knew who that Hitman (and his infamous son) was, and sold her knowing she would die.
Jan 22, 2018 8:28 PM

Aug 2013
RealityRush said:
Hoooooly shiiiitttt. It's been a while since an anime broadsided me like the ending of this episode did. I truly did not expect that or see it coming, even with the foreshadowing that was cleverly woven in. The terror in Lin's eyes... that was heart breaking, even more so when the one dude mentioned she came from nothing and that is where she ended up. My heart pains thinking about what she had to go through before the end. Rape is a dime a dozen in anime, but sex trafficking still has a very real and visceral impact, god I hate that mayor's son, fucking creep.

First ep was kind of 'eh?', but this one, this one hooked me. I'm fully invested. Ling needs to kill them all, John Wick style. I will not be satisfied until he gets his revenge, I want all of those mother fuckers dead, and I want that torturer to get a crack at the fucking piece of shit mayor's son. Just take him apart piece by piece. God that shit is enraging.

It's not the mayor's son, its the son of the Hitman with the eyepatch.
Jan 22, 2018 8:30 PM

Aug 2013
UkRs said:

Nah that was just a stripper. Ling's sister was the girl in the briefcase that the Hitman guy bought for his son. The son did his usual routine of beating and raping and killing, and the crew disposed of the body by planting the corpse in Saito's room while he was passed out drunk and making him look like the killer.
Jan 23, 2018 3:32 AM

Jul 2016
Poor Xianming. I did not expect his sister to die at all. Now he has an even stronger reason to be a killer and I guess we'll see the true extent of his abilities.

I also feel bad for Saitou, the guy can't get a break.

The first episode was pretty decent but this one raised the bar a little bit and made the series a lot more interesting.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Jan 23, 2018 7:42 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty ok episode. This show really does seem to be a poor man's Durarara but I am enjoying it to an extent nonetheless. It sucks that Xianming finally could pay off his debt only to find out his sister was murdered. Seems like Saitou is gonna be thrown into a world of shit for something he most likely didnt do.
Jan 24, 2018 5:23 AM

Feb 2016
Nice twist. Saitou, you are in the wrong job, boy. Did you see the reaction when he saw his bank account? My guess is someone also sent a lot of money onto his account and put the girl's body on his bed.

I don't believe that sister is our cross-dressing killer's sister; he kept looking at her childhood photo, that fat-ass in purple might playing a scheme to trap him.

Good starting episodes; in these two episodes; the story sets opposite good and bad factions and introduce the characters, except the samurai.

For the people giving reactionary reviews with low ratings; you are too quick to judge; you should watch Crystal Blaze, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Some Ghost In The Shell S.A.C episodes, Kurozuka and Black Lagoon.
Jan 27, 2018 7:55 PM
Jul 2015
Sooooo much more interesting than last episode. Ngl had really low thoughts about the show at first but this episode just clicked for me, really excited for future eps. The chemistry between the main two leads is really whats driving this show, but the side stories are getting really interesting as well, also really cool how they tie it all together. Overall just really glad I stuck with it
Jan 31, 2018 9:08 AM

Jul 2009
When I saw the girl I was kinda sure she was the sister he was looking for...poor girl to die being a play thing of that bastard...I wish I see the mayor and his son killed soon.
Feb 3, 2018 6:23 PM

Sep 2017
Well, the ending suddenly made this show way more interesting.

Feb 10, 2018 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN READING THE TONKOTSU RAMEN LIGHT NOVELS, I FOUND A FAN'S ENGLISH TRANSLATION! If you're interested in reading the source material, here you go: http://kaedesan721.tumblr.com/Hakata-Tonkotsu-Ramens
Feb 10, 2018 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN READING THE TONKOTSU RAMEN LIGHT NOVELS, I FOUND A FAN'S ENGLISH TRANSLATION! If you're interested in reading the source material, here you go: http://kaedesan721.tumblr.com/Hakata-Tonkotsu-Ramens
Feb 15, 2018 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
The Mayor's son needs to get killed.

I feel bad for the new guy. He doesn't belong in that world.

Overall, a good episode.

Mar 2, 2018 4:19 PM

Aug 2017
So, the sister of Ling is dead. Zenji is funny lol. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 10, 2018 8:13 AM
Oct 2017
Poor Saitou, he’ll probably end up working with Banba and Ling though.
Aug 8, 2018 9:37 AM

May 2012
Lovely development to be honest, that ending was quite a shame though! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Aug 13, 2018 5:26 AM

Oct 2009
How dare they kill his lil sister! im callin the police! (phone emoji)
Dec 30, 2018 11:48 AM

Jun 2015
I wasn't paying attention but once it turned out that the girl was his sister now I'm interested and wide eyed
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 27, 2019 5:27 AM

Sep 2012
this newbie assassin has rotten luck first he gets captured cause mistaken itentety and new captured and framed for murder 😂😂😂

detective reminds me of the doctor from the shiki anime
Apr 19, 2020 8:50 PM
Mar 2016
Murase Jun was the mayors son right? And Murder Inc killed him because the Mayor hired him correct? I was a little lost on that.

Apr 28, 2020 3:07 AM

Jun 2013
I loved this episode more than the last. I hope Lin gets his revenge, what they did to his sister was horrible. Her entire body was beat up. Obviously, it wasn't Saitou, that dude... why is he even a hitman? Looks like he couldn't even hurt a fly. Unless, he's hiding some sort of hidden strength or something but I doubt it lol

Tonkotsu ramen is my favorite, I can't get enough of it. I even make my own inferior version of it at home whenever I get the chance so I don't know why Lin doesn't like it that much. lol
臭い-
Jul 2, 2022 12:02 AM

Aug 2021
I gasped. Damn the speed at which they finished her off
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

78 by Estefan »»
Jun 1, 8:05 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2018

37 by hj »»
Feb 6, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

31 by BreakApart »»
Nov 25, 2022 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

74 by BreakApart »»
Nov 20, 2022 12:34 PM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

113 by Maou_heika »»
Jan 21, 2022 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.