Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (25) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2018 3:17 PM

Mar 2013
Dalhaan said:
Hi! As one of the items in my challenge list, I got this:

(78) Read a manga recommended to you by a challenge staff member

I was wondering how I should go about contacting a staff member for this or if one passes by here, if I could get a recommendation, please!

Gantz
Shamo
Slam Dunk
Jan 9, 2018 3:22 PM

Jul 2017
Can someone give some examples of CD drama for:
(63) Read a manga that has been adapted to CD drama

At first i thought it meant live action but that was other item.
Thanks!
Jan 9, 2018 3:29 PM
Mar 2017
HeNrYTG50 said:
belugabaleia said:
I'm sorry if the question is stupid, but am I allowed to increase difficulty mid challenge (or perhaps post completion, if I complete Newbie faster than I thought)? If so, should I just edit the post?

Mid challenge, yes; Post completion, no. :P
(Technically post-completion, yes, before you turn-in your form)

"Confirm all items/details are correct before posting. Once you turn-in your challenge, you can't continue working on it, but you may edit the post to correct information."
Oh, so I can edit the form and add other items, as long as I follow the right number os items. Thanks.
Jan 9, 2018 3:37 PM

Apr 2013
Armandoriel said:

Thanks!

From the top of my head, Prunus Girl, Onanie Master Kurosawa, a lot of yaoi, also this. :)
Jan 9, 2018 3:41 PM

Apr 2013
belugabaleia said:
Oh, so I can edit the form and add other items, as long as I follow the right number os items. Thanks.

Yes! As long as you don't turn-in your challenge, you can add more items to fit the next difficulty, but once you do, the editing part refers only to correct mistakes in the form. :)
Hope it's understandable. :P
Jan 9, 2018 4:15 PM

Jul 2017
HeNrYTG50 said:
Armandoriel said:

Thanks!

From the top of my head, Prunus Girl, Onanie Master Kurosawa, a lot of yaoi, also this. :)

So there's a list. Thanks a lot!
Jan 9, 2018 6:51 PM

Aug 2012
Could someone give me a recommendation for (1) Read a collection of short stories?
Jan 9, 2018 7:00 PM

Oct 2015
SummerIchigo said:
Could someone give me a recommendation for (1) Read a collection of short stories?

nickeloden or subarashii sekai
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Jan 9, 2018 7:27 PM
womp womp

Nov 2012
Selecting a difficulty.

I'm not an avid manga reader, having only finished 17 entries, so I leaning towards the easiest difficulty, however, I'm crazy.

My question is if I want to be flexible with the difficulty seeing how the year goes, would it be easier to do lower difficulty and work my way up or go for the hardest difficulty and work my way down, despite the different number of entries for each tier as yoy change difficulties.
Jan 9, 2018 7:48 PM

Oct 2015
henriiez said:
Selecting a difficulty.

I'm not an avid manga reader, having only finished 17 entries, so I leaning towards the easiest difficulty, however, I'm crazy.

My question is if I want to be flexible with the difficulty seeing how the year goes, would it be easier to do lower difficulty and work my way up or go for the hardest difficulty and work my way down, despite the different number of entries for each tier as yoy change difficulties.

in theory its easier to work up
Jan 9, 2018 8:18 PM

Mar 2013
henriiez said:
Selecting a difficulty.

It depends on what you feel is easier for you. I have a tough time adding to a task once I feel it's complete, but I understand how some people might find that fulfilling, taking it in incremental steps and accomplishing small goals. For me, it's easier to set my eyes on the highest goal then settle by simply erasing stuff from my list. Also note that if you use the lowest difficulty than try to add on, you're going to have to delete stuff or change the categories for stuff you've currently read, essentially repurosing the manga you've read into different categories and some might simply not work because of how the tier system is designed.

the easiest has 15 works in tier 1 and only 1 in tier 3. The hardest only has 5 tier 1 categories and 30 tier 3 categories, so you'd have to find new categories for 10 of the things that'd you'd previously read + read more. I think it'd be easier to re-assign going in the opposite direction. Finding stuff that you used for the narrower tier 3 categories that fit in the less narrow tier 1 or 2 categories. than trying to go from broad to narrow because you upped the difficulty significantly.
Jan 9, 2018 8:31 PM
womp womp

Nov 2012
AudioTsunami said:
henriiez said:
Selecting a difficulty.

It depends on what you feel is easier for you. I have a tough time adding to a task once I feel it's complete, but I understand how some people might find that fulfilling, taking it in incremental steps and accomplishing small goals. For me, it's easier to set my eyes on the highest goal then settle by simply erasing stuff from my list. Also note that if you use the lowest difficulty than try to add on, you're going to have to delete stuff or change the categories for stuff you've currently read, essentially repurosing the manga you've read into different categories and some might simply not work because of how the tier system is designed.

the easiest has 15 works in tier 1 and only 1 in tier 3. The hardest only has 5 tier 1 categories and 30 tier 3 categories, so you'd have to find new categories for 10 of the things that'd you'd previously read + read more. I think it'd be easier to re-assign going in the opposite direction. Finding stuff that you used for the narrower tier 3 categories that fit in the less narrow tier 1 or 2 categories. than trying to go from broad to narrow because you upped the difficulty significantly.

I wasn't thinking about it being eaisier to reassign down, especially since I hadn't read the entries yet. :/ But I did read the rules, about the the number of different tiers for the different entries at different levels.

Looks like going high then coming down low seems to be the best choice.

Thank you verh much.
Jan 9, 2018 8:53 PM

Mar 2013
Yeah, I don't think it was entirely thought through to cater to people stepping up difficulty incrementally. I think for next year it'd be better if tier 1 categories were to be more compulsory(less choices/fulfill more of them) for all the difficulty levels than it being thought of as just lesser.

Jan 10, 2018 1:26 AM

Jan 2015
Need a rec I guess (17). Preferably shortish, already got a few longies.
Jan 10, 2018 1:35 AM

Oct 2015
Jan 10, 2018 2:24 AM
Jan 10, 2018 2:28 AM

Oct 2015

i mean, ass class is barely but DN is relatively short compared to other jump mangas
Jan 10, 2018 2:30 AM

Apr 2013
I guess. But even then, it may have only 100 or so chapters, but they're long compared to other series right? Anyway was just joking. :P
Jan 10, 2018 2:36 AM

Oct 2015
i mean, you are saying that to a guy that is using like 10 manga with 200+ chaps for this mrc
Jan 10, 2018 2:43 AM

Apr 2013
Scarlett_ryuken said:
i mean, you are saying that to a guy that is using like 10 manga with 200+ chaps for this mrc

Wew.. Shaman King, KHR and GTO, among others. Good luck!
Jan 10, 2018 2:44 AM

Oct 2015
thx
///////////////////////////////////
Jan 10, 2018 4:25 AM
Jul 2018
10.Read a manga series you can finish in one day

one shot will be valid?
Jan 10, 2018 4:29 AM

Oct 2015
hawkusho said:

one shot will be valid?

yes it is valid, //////////////////////////
Jan 10, 2018 4:37 AM

Jan 2017
Is 17-sai good for (74) Read a manga based on real event or person? Just confirming.

Also, I just need to read any manga featured in an article for (46) Read a featured manga:, right?

I'm new to this.
Jan 10, 2018 6:16 AM
Sep 2016
78) Read a manga recommended to you by a challenge staff member

Any staff members here could give me a reccomendation? Anything would do as long as its not too long
@omakase@AudioTsunami@HeNrYTG50

Anime is Great
Jan 10, 2018 6:31 AM
Jul 2018
Scarlett_ryuken said:
hawkusho said:

one shot will be valid?

yes it is valid, //////////////////////////

thanks for the answer, but i a bit confused ( because one shot is not really "manga series" :/ )
Jan 10, 2018 6:40 AM

Oct 2007
AudioTsunami said:
Yeah, I don't think it was entirely thought through to cater to people stepping up difficulty incrementally. I think for next year it'd be better if tier 1 categories were to be more compulsory(less choices/fulfill more of them) for all the difficulty levels than it being thought of as just lesser.

My reasoning behind it was tier 1: sort of entry level, people with little knowledge of manga as a sphere and I figured that people going for a higher difficulty might find those boring or too easy/already have read a lot of that but the system can definitely be tweaked in the future to keep in mind this perspecting of increasing up difficulty

@Scarlett_ryuken I'm starting to consider recruiting you for the staff with how helpful you've been

@Shineee_ well, the MAL DB doesn't have any note on it being based on a real event, but baka-updates does, so sure, it counts. As for the featured manga, yes just link to the article/list in which it was mentioned.

@DeZheng Omoide Emanon
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 10, 2018 6:43 AM

Oct 2007
@hawkusho The wording was kept from last year when one-shots were not allowed for that item, but this year they're valid again. There's not length requirement for any of the items outside of the ones that explicitly require a number of chapters
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 10, 2018 7:55 AM

Jan 2017
@omakase, thanks for answering my questions.
Jan 10, 2018 8:29 AM

Nov 2013
So i need a rec to:

(17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread

100 chapters max. Thanks!

@omakase @HeNrYTG50

Jan 10, 2018 8:43 AM

Oct 2007
renzoushi said:
So i need a rec to:

(17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread

@omakase @HeNrYTG50

*whispers* is BL okay?
https://myanimelist.net/manga/39959/Senpai

If you'd rather non-BL
https://myanimelist.net/manga/18896/Sekine-kun_no_Koi

Love your profile image btw, renzou is <3
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 10, 2018 8:53 AM

Nov 2013
@omakase

I think half of my list is BL xD
And thanks <33

Jan 10, 2018 9:27 AM
Jun 2013

Can I get a recommendation for the "(17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread" , please?
Jan 10, 2018 10:37 AM

Mar 2017
RiKanna said:

Can I get a recommendation for the "(17) Read a manga recommended to you by another participant in the discussion thread" , please?

Bonnouji
Meteor Methuselah (aka Immortal Rain)
Vampire Knight
Yumekui Kenbun

Also, I applaud the impressive size of your manga list.
Jan 10, 2018 10:48 AM
Jun 2013
BrainpanSonata said:
RiKanna said:

Bonnouji
Meteor Methuselah (aka Immortal Rain)
Vampire Knight
Yumekui Kenbun

Also, I applaud the impressive size of your manga list.

Thanks fo the recommendations and yours list is quite big as well.
Jan 10, 2018 1:15 PM

Dec 2016
Rec for these two please! ><

バーチャルアイドルときのそら !
ʚ (๑╹ᆺ╹) b
Jan 10, 2018 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
renzoushi said:
So i need a rec to:

@omakase @HeNrYTG50

Quick Planetes rec in case you want more options. :)
Jan 10, 2018 2:22 PM

Apr 2013
Casun said:

Fujimi Lovers, Seishun Forget!, Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou :)
Jan 10, 2018 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
Casun said:

For 17, I'd like to recommend Cat Street or Hibi Chouchou!
Jan 10, 2018 3:02 PM

May 2014
@omakase @AudioTsunami @HeNrYTG50 @i_yuuko-chan

I would appreciate it if one of you guys could give me a recommendation for #78. Something finished would be nice.

Thanks in advance.
Jan 10, 2018 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
Sethlans said:

I would appreciate it if one of you guys could give me a recommendation for #78. Something finished would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Soul Eater, Ningen Shikkaku and Aku no Hana from your PTR, Kiseijuu.
Jan 10, 2018 3:20 PM

May 2014

Thanks again. I'll go with either Ningen Shikkaku or Kiseijuu, since I'm planning to use the other two for other items.
Jan 10, 2018 3:22 PM

Oct 2009
Sethlans said:

Thanks in advance.

Hope you find something to your liking. :)

Bokurano | v11.ch66 | (seinen, drama, mecha, psychological)
Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane | v6.ch27 | (action, sci-fi, horror)
Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de. | v3.ch18 | (shounen, drama)
Jan 10, 2018 3:30 PM

May 2014
i_yuuko-chan said:

Hope you find something to your liking. :)

Bokurano | v11.ch66 | (seinen, drama, mecha, psychological)
Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane | v6.ch27 | (action, sci-fi, horror)
Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de. | v3.ch18 | (shounen, drama)

Thanks. I'll probably end up using those three in my challenge.
Jan 10, 2018 4:18 PM

Jul 2016
Can I get some help with:
(40) Read a manga about something related to Japanese culture
(31) Read a manga one shot that became a prototype for a longer series
Jan 10, 2018 4:48 PM

Mar 2013
yuurishibooty said:
Can I get some help with:
(40) Read a manga about something related to Japanese culture
(31) Read a manga one shot that became a prototype for a longer series

78 Kuroko no Basket
40 Ran and The Gray World
31 Haikyuu one shot
17 I am A Hero
Jan 10, 2018 5:09 PM

Oct 2015
omakase said:
AudioTsunami said:

My reasoning behind it was tier 1: sort of entry level, people with little knowledge of manga as a sphere and I figured that people going for a higher difficulty might find those boring or too easy/already have read a lot of that but the system can definitely be tweaked in the future to keep in mind this perspecting of increasing up difficulty

@Scarlett_ryuken I'm starting to consider recruiting you for the staff with how helpful you've been

@Shineee_ well, the MAL DB doesn't have any note on it being based on a real event, but baka-updates does, so sure, it counts. As for the featured manga, yes just link to the article/list in which it was mentioned.

@DeZheng Omoide Emanon

'<_' feel honored but ill prob be busy next year, we'll see
Jan 10, 2018 5:14 PM

Apr 2013
Scarlett_ryuken said:

'<_' feel honored but ill prob be busy next year, we'll see

If you play your cards right, it could be this year. ;)
Jan 10, 2018 5:15 PM

Oct 2015
:O noice

i mean, i cant do anything in class besides "work" anyways for the next 5 weeks
Jan 10, 2018 5:19 PM

Nov 2016
Read a manga that another participant has completed for this challenge.
Can someone help me.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (25) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

42 by Animeistaken »»
37 minutes ago

» Where do you buy your manga from?

draining - May 15, 2020

44 by DreamWindow »»
42 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1109 by AdventurerBeck »»
1 hour ago

» How much of your manga list can you remember?

Rissio - Jan 27

34 by traed »»
Today, 4:11 AM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

415 by MistyForest31 »»
Yesterday, 7:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.