Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Feb 23, 2019 6:08 PM

Oct 2013
Beautiful ending for even more beautiful anime. Really satisfying. Sure, I would be delighted if there were more episodes, but ending like that is the best possible ending for this great show.
Apr 6, 2019 11:43 PM

May 2016
In the end, Ling became the Emperor of Xing and it was supposed to be bad news for Mei and the other clans because of the rivalry that's been going on but they all ended up okay because of Greed's ambition rubbing off on him.

Grummond became the Fuhrer President like he wanted so the Armstrongs and Mustang can focus on undoing the mistakes made by Central HQ with Scar's help. It's great that Roy got his vision back!

Edward the midget finally got a growth spurt and became taller than both Alphonse and Winry! The two brothers set forth to another adventure to discover the wonders of Alchemy from both sides of the world before eventually settling down back in Resembool. Al ended up with Mei and Ed ended up in Winry, with the latter showing how much the two loves each other by bringing two children into the world. After all this hard work, the Elric Brothers certainly deserved this happy ending.

It's cool how I finished the anime the day FMAB had reached its 10th year anniversary~ It was quite the experience!

May 9, 2019 4:53 PM

May 2015
Man, this anime is always going to have a special place in my fullmetal heart.
May 20, 2019 12:01 PM

Apr 2016
finally finished this anime and the last episode was perfect,10/10 for last episode and 9/10 overall
May 31, 2019 6:41 AM
Jan 2019
This anime well deserve that #1 spot!

- It has nice Character Development
- Sometimes, you need to lose becoming an MC
- Unpredictable story
- It has nice Plot Twist
- Enjoyable Anime
- Well written story
- As 2009 quality, it is pretty good and it's adapted by Bones, the best Anime Studio ever.
- A bad start can become a really Good Ending.

That high rating is not just a decoration.

"Don't be sad because it's ended, be Happy because it's Happened"
May 31, 2019 10:00 PM
Jun 2017
this anime is amazing,but I feel like it doesn't deserve to be rank 1 in MAL.

HxH and AOT are better than this show ,the only thing FMA excels at is "characters interaction".
Jun 20, 2019 3:57 PM
Jun 2017
Well finally i finished FMAB.

Until chapter 62 was a 8/10 for me but with the last 2 chapter i choice for the 9/10.

Anyway good history.
Jul 30, 2019 2:23 AM

May 2018
This anime is awesome, I like everything about this anime and the ending is just fulfilling. Everything gets better and better as your episodes goes up, and without question this deserves a rating of 10.

Aug 3, 2019 1:38 AM

Jan 2016
OMG i love happy endings. This end was so satisfying i hate when too many things were left open.
During the Selim scene i really had tears in my eyes so beautiful.

And ed's proposal to winry was so funny and sweet.
I really love this anime and will read the Manga too cause i already miss it
Aug 7, 2019 3:33 AM

Jan 2016
Maybe someone can answer this question... I saw a lot of pics on pinterest or other sources showing Roy Mustang with an eyeclap so i expected that we will probably gets his ability to see back on at least one eye. I also found a lot of pics with him having a child.

Have I been trolled or is this cannon.? Maybe in the OVA or in a movie
Aug 8, 2019 2:48 PM

Jan 2015
Bulma777 said:
Maybe someone can answer this question... I saw a lot of pics on pinterest or other sources showing Roy Mustang with an eyeclap so i expected that we will probably gets his ability to see back on at least one eye. I also found a lot of pics with him having a child.

Have I been trolled or is this cannon.? Maybe in the OVA or in a movie

The pictures of him with a child is likely by a super talented artist from years back on deviantart.com She was really talented at recreating the art from the series.

However, the images of Roy with the eye patch are legit. Those are from the end of the 2003 series. He loses an eye in a fight in that one, and he never gets it back.
Aug 10, 2019 3:35 PM
Aug 2019
Hm, I can see why this is considered one of the greatest show endings of all time. They wrapped up everything, covering every single plot, side character, etc...I think. It's hard for me to give 5/5 to episodes, but this one definitely deserves it.
Aug 10, 2019 6:59 PM
Dec 2018
Damn fam...

That was a good anime; I came into FMA: Brotherhood thinking it was gonna be a 2/10 because it was so high on mal, I thought it was just normie trash. But now I see why people think this is a masterpiece.
Aug 10, 2019 10:10 PM

Jan 2018
One of the worst endings I've ever seen. Pathetic final arc, cliche af with DBZ final ending. A generic shounen, terrible comedy, static and boring with characters with Mary Sues galore, zero depth, terrible themeing, uninteresting plot, bloated cast...

I could go on and and, why do people consider this to be better than 03 again?

Arawaka is a total hack of a writer
Aug 11, 2019 6:35 AM
May 2018
EndGears said:
One of the worst endings I've ever seen. Pathetic final arc, cliche af with DBZ final ending. A generic shounen, terrible comedy, static and boring with characters with Mary Sues galore, zero depth, terrible themeing, uninteresting plot, bloated cast...

All of those are just generic criticism that an immature 13 years old can say with no real weight or merit. The fact that you claim there mary sue immediately takes away any credibility you barely already had.

And I don't want hear saying anything about Arawaka being a hack, At least she didn't bring any real world alternate dimension nazi bs randomly in the last three episodes of her show.

That was the work of real hack.

Aug 11, 2019 9:33 AM

Jan 2018
AfroWarrior27 said:
EndGears said:

All of those are just generic criticism that an immature 13 years old can say with no real weight or merit. The fact that you claim there mary sue immediately takes away any credibility you barely already had.

And I don't want hear saying anything about Arawaka being a hack, At least she didn't bring any real world alternate dimension nazi bs randomly in the last three episodes of her show.

Oh wow, you called me immature and a 13-year old, what amazing criticism lmao. I really don't care what some forumer on Mal thinks about my opinions

Yeah, Olivier Armstrong was a total Mary Sue so...

She's a hack through and through, I don't know what to tell you. I watched FMAB, was in awe of the terrible writing, so I decided to read the manga and see if maybe they messed something up, and no, the beginning was just as terrible as it was in the beginning, and the ending was just as pathetic in the manga as well.

Really? I consider the bullshit pulled in the last episodes of FMAB to be much, much worse and the alternate dimension thing to be genius writing. The whole god thing being pulled and other shit like that in the final arc of FMAB was not very good at all

Watching the ending was like a generic cliche punchfest with the protag totally destroying the enemy and everybody generically cheering him on with a lot of yelling. And this is what exactly happened

And it was followed up with one of most saccharine final eps I've seen

FMAB doesn't challenge any new shonen conventions nor does it execute on them in any interesting form, it's painfully predictable and cliche.

I consider Arawaka to be a hack, you don't have to agree with me
Aug 11, 2019 12:10 PM
Dec 2018
EndGears said:
AfroWarrior27 said:

Well I don't think Olivier Armstrong is a Mary Sue she definitely would've died to Sloth if Alex Armstrong didn't come in and save her.

Oh wow, you called me immature and a 13-year old, what amazing criticism lmao. I really don't care what some forumer on Mal thinks about my opinions

She's a hack through and through, I don't know what to tell you. I watched FMAB, was in awe of the terrible writing, so I decided to read the manga and see if maybe they messed something up, and no, the beginning was just as terrible as it was in the beginning, and the ending was just as pathetic in the manga as well.

Really? I consider the bullshit pulled in the last episodes of FMAB to be much, much worse and the alternate dimension thing to be genius writing. The whole god thing being pulled and other shit like that in the final arc of FMAB was not very good at all

Watching the ending was like a generic cliche punchfest with the protag totally destroying the enemy and everybody generically cheering him on with a lot of yelling. And this is what exactly happened

FMAB doesn't challenge any new shonen conventions nor does it execute on them in any interesting form, it's painfully predictable and cliche.

Well I don't think Olivier Armstrong is a Mary Sue, she definitely would've died if Alex Armstrong didn't save her from sloth
Bororus_RoorooAug 11, 2019 1:38 PM
Aug 11, 2019 12:41 PM
May 2018
EndGears said:
AfroWarrior27 said:

Oliver Armstrong isn't a sue, just because she's female and badass with authority does not make her a sue. The only reason your calling her that is because she 's a competent strong woman with authority. I bet if she was male you wouldn't be ignorantly calling her that
You don't even explain why she's hack you just claim so and so is terrible without even providing any reasoning for it. You didn't even explain why the beginning is even terrible.

You don't know good writing at all, if you consider the bullcrap altenate dimension twist with no build up or proper foreshadowing and no development at all to be better than the god plot which was foreshadow and develop throughout the entire story. It also has everything to do with Alchemy given that the author poored a lot of research into it, and didn't suddenly bring up bullshit like some alternate dimension out of no where. Which doesn't fit FMA at all. So i;m connvince you just don;t know that your talking about.

Just because you don't like shounen or happy ending doesn't mean it's terrible

And I don't want to hear you say anything about Arawaka being hack when the 2003 had moronic inconsistency like Robo Archer which shouldn't be possible, the real world twist, Al bringing Ed back to life, how useless Hohemheim is, all the other characters like Winry, Riza, Roy team, and hohenim not being as nearly well develop, dante using a bloody baby to open a gate with no explanation, how Roy stupidly defeated the 2003 Pride by sure stupidity and so many other stupid shit like making Alphonse so pathetic. Not bothering to explain why Pride age. etc.

I could go on and on about 2003's fault. The fact that you condsider that dimension crap to be genius writing just shows you have poor standards when it comes to writing.

Brotherhood plot and writing is still far more consitence than anything 2003 tried to do, 2003 is just another angst filled anime that maniuplate the viewers with there emotions than actual good writing.
AfroWarrior27Aug 11, 2019 12:48 PM
Aug 11, 2019 5:45 PM

Jan 2018
AfroWarrior27 said:
EndGears said:

Oliver Armstrong isn't a sue, just because she's female and badass with authority does not make her a sue. The only reason your calling her that is because she 's a competent strong woman with authority. I bet if she was male you wouldn't be ignorantly calling her that
You don't even explain why she's hack you just claim so and so is terrible without even providing any reasoning for it. You didn't even explain why the beginning is even terrible.

You don't know good writing at all, if you consider the bullcrap altenate dimension twist with no build up or proper foreshadowing and no development at all to be better than the god plot which was foreshadow and develop throughout the entire story. It also has everything to do with Alchemy given that the author poored a lot of research into it, and didn't suddenly bring up bullshit like some alternate dimension out of no where. Which doesn't fit FMA at all. So i;m connvince you just don;t know that your talking about.

Just because you don't like shounen or happy ending doesn't mean it's terrible

And I don't want to hear you say anything about Arawaka being hack when the 2003 had moronic inconsistency like Robo Archer which shouldn't be possible, the real world twist, Al bringing Ed back to life, how useless Hohemheim is, all the other characters like Winry, Riza, Roy team, and hohenim not being as nearly well develop, dante using a bloody baby to open a gate with no explanation, how Roy stupidly defeated the 2003 Pride by sure stupidity and so many other stupid shit like making Alphonse so pathetic. Not bothering to explain why Pride age. etc.

I could go on and on about 2003's fault. The fact that you condsider that dimension crap to be genius writing just shows you have poor standards when it comes to writing.

Brotherhood plot and writing is still far more consitence than anything 2003 tried to do, 2003 is just another angst filled anime that maniuplate the viewers with there emotions than actual good writing.

No lmao, she's first of all, a cliche, and a trope terrible writers use to create " strong " female characters when in reality she's just another one of those gruff military types with just about zero depth or nuance that act awesome and badass. Being cool and badass doesn't make you a good character

Because I really don't have to, it's my opinion, and thankfully, yours isn't any better than mine. But, I'll entertain you.

The beginning of Brotherhood and by extension the manga, lacks any emotional depth nor does it give proper time to flesh out characters. Arawaka's writing is just one plot beat after the other, and it really shows in the manga since there's just about zero emotional narrative in the beginning. The Nina episode in the manga and Brotherhood is pathetic because it doesn't give the love and care that 03 did, nor does it even attempt to come even close to level of writing in that stretch of episodes with 03 showcasing Ed going to one of his lowest moments and just pondering on it, instead in FMAB and the manga, the emotion and the narrative is all gone just to serve more plot with Scar

Not to even mention the pathetic directing of FMAB, godawful...

Furthermore, the lab ep in FMAB, lacks any sorta of nuance and constantly makes it out to be a good vs evil thing. Which it is, FMAB and the manga is all about evil vs good and the flashy fights. There's no depth there or nuance. In FMA, it's another whole narrative arc in which Ed's beliefs are questioned and there's actually something at stake. Ed has to chose between killing people and saving Al or not. Those are stakes, that's thematically interesting. In FMAB, the homonculi can't even hurt Ed and the whole lap ep revolves around the plot armor and more fighting

I could go on and on...Those are just some of the many examples.

Oh it had genius foreshadowing throughout the anime and with the gate itself being the Rodin Gates of Hell. It certainly didn't come out of nowhere and it fit thematically great with 03. Arawaka put the same out of bullshit in her god shit that came out of FMAB in my eyes if you think 03's alternate dimension thing was out of left field.

Yeah, things being generic in my eyes can easy mean it's not good. Originality is a good thing you know...

Everything about Robo-Archer is possible, don't know what to tell you. The real world twist was great, Al bringing back Ed made perfect sense. Honheim wasn't useless at, all, FMAB's cast being bloated is an actual detriment in my eyes so i'm perfectly fine with some of 03's characters getting more developmet than others, the baby thing was literally explained with dialogue in the show dude, Roy defeated Pride with the mechanics of how 03 worled as well, Alphonse isn't a moral god like he is in FMAB so ye 03 is going to show the faults of his character, the show does actually explain Pride

Seriously dude, seems like you didn't watch 03. Want me to link you the vids explaining some of this? And a show not explaining some things isn't inherently bad at all, leaving things open to interpretation is definitely a valid way to craft a story as well, Arawaka used it as well

No, I have different standards lmao

Emotion matters, good writing crafts emotion. FMAB lacked it.
QuizotixAug 11, 2019 6:03 PM
Aug 12, 2019 3:38 AM

Jan 2016
Saturos-001 said:
Hm, I can see why this is considered one of the greatest show endings of all time. They wrapped up everything, covering every single plot, side character, etc...I think. It's hard for me to give 5/5 to episodes, but this one definitely deserves it.

Well said! Perfect ending for a series. I hate when they keep too many things open. I think anyone can be satisfied
Aug 29, 2019 6:43 PM

Nov 2015
I just finished it , I'm out of words , calling it a masterpiece is an insult
Sep 29, 2019 1:07 PM
Aug 2019
Sweet ending

Mustang and Havok getting cured by the philosopher's stone

Scar and Miles going to work with Mustang with the Ishvalans

Grunman is the new supreme commander

And that photo in the end with Ed and Winry and their children
Oct 17, 2019 8:54 AM
Jan 2017
Will never understand how this generic anime is #1 on MAL...
Oct 28, 2019 7:15 AM

Mar 2017
I'm very late but all I want to say is that... I enjoyed watching this series!!!
Just finished it earlier at school haha and I must say, it was kind of exciting to hide my phone from my teachers.

I can't stop fangirling at the ending!!!!! :>>
Al and May Chang!!! my ship~ AaaAaaaaa

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Nov 10, 2019 12:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was trully a masterpiece, everything was almost perfect 10/10
Dec 18, 2019 1:48 PM
Jul 2019
Geez... what a ride.
The ending did a very nice job of wrapping up all the loose ends. The most impressive thing about this show is all the characters and subplots it managed to juggle with ease.

It's definitely not perfect, and is a little bit ham-fisted with it's messages, but I have to give it credit for the absolutely epic plot. The world-building, characters, etc. were top notch.
Music was great, especially the OPs and EDs. I actually listen to them on a daily basis, they're that good.
Visuals were great, especially near the end.
Overall, this has been a fantastic watch. Time to watch the original FMA and see how it compares.

9/10

Criticism is cheap. There are flaws in everything. No work of art will be loved by everyone. Now can everyone just chill?
Dec 21, 2019 6:24 AM
Oct 2019
This anime surely is a masterpiece especially since it's one of the first anime i ever enjoy.
Though i wish the 1st season could be better

10/10
Jan 23, 2020 1:21 AM

Sep 2019
love this ending!!!

"俺は海賊王になる男だ!!!"
Apr 9, 2020 9:14 PM

Feb 2020
just a lovely episode showing so many of the characters we have seen throughout the show living their lives with all that they have learned.

i loved it. even though i wish it wasn't over, i have a huge smile on my face right now!

(except can mustang shave that moustache pls)
Apr 14, 2020 9:57 PM

Apr 2019
The best anime of all time. It truly is. Masterpiece.

Apr 21, 2020 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Finally finished the show and boooy what a journey it was. Not too many anime out there can execute and deal with multiple philosophical themes/issues with such depth, drama and intensity.

Like almost every single character captivated me to the point I forgot about both Elric brothers every now and then. Mustang and his chemistry with Riza, Maes Hughes and his family, Izumi/Sig, the Armstrong family, Ling Yao and his interactions with Lan Fan/Fu/Greed, Miles & Scar with their Isvhal related matters, Kimblee, all of the sins characters and etc. It's such a rare experience for me to be invested in so many characters at the same time.

I didn't want the show to end and that is usually a key sign in regard to how fantastic an anime of FMA: Brotherhood's caliber truly is. Months ago, before watching this masterpiece, I was wondering why the score/rating was sooo high on MAL and now I understand why.

Simply exquisite. Lasting impression = lifetime.

Edit: Welp I miss the show already lol.
removed-userApr 23, 2020 12:12 PM
May 4, 2020 12:27 PM
Jan 2010
This episode was a mistake. Episode 63 was the real ending.
May 16, 2020 5:16 PM
Apr 2018
Yep, this is an epilogue of sorts. I'm kinda sad about Mustang because for the last eps he was like left in the dust :(. Please, Riza, tell him to shave that thing.

I wish they had changed Alphonse va for his human form. The voice fitted the armor but now idk. Just me being picky.

Very mixed feelings because the series would often bore me to death and entertain me like no other series had. Until around ep 43 (I guess that's where the day starts) I absolutely hated fma but then it picked up and I ended up binging the damn thing. 7/10
May 25, 2020 2:19 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Finally, I finished FMA:B. It was fun and I liked it but there's moments in the anime that wouldn't grab me and/or would be annoying. the humor was pretty fucking hit or miss too.

Also, hearing Rie Kugimiya in Alphonse's real body was fuckign weird this episode lmao.

7/10 is perfect for this imo. Not higher, not lower. It was fun but no way in hell deserves that #1 spot.
DatRandomDudeMay 25, 2020 2:25 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 3, 2020 12:01 AM
Jul 2019
I never thought an anime with old animation would touch my heart now I see why it is the Highest rated anime the ending was the most satisfying in the world
Ghost々hunter
Jul 4, 2020 10:18 AM

May 2020
Can't believe it's been 10 years since Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood ended. I still revisit it almost every year. I think the ending is very heartwarming and a great end to the journey.
Jul 16, 2020 11:03 AM

Jun 2020
Holy boogers, why is this show at #1 on MAL again? Y'all need to improve your taste, goddamn.

You expect me to think a whole 64-episode long series without a single beach episode or tournament arc is even mildly worthy of being called a masterpiece? Please sit down, this show was a massive letdown, Edward Elric doesn't even have a harem, tf kinda mc is this?
You expect me to believe that a 15 year old can casually look at his 14 year old brother's naked body without even flinching, nobody said this was yaoi.

Pfft, to think I put a hold on my favourite manga kiss x sis to watch this trash. That's 64 episodes of time I won't ever get back. 1/10.
spectrojanJul 20, 2020 10:24 AM
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 2, 2020 12:47 AM

Aug 2018
A fantastic ending to an even more fantastic series, the final photo scene at the end along with a song just completes it all perfectly,

FMAB probably is worthy of being ranked 1# on Anime rating with 9.23 and 2nd overall after Berserk who currently has 9.34 on Manga rating.

Only time will show if theres gonna be a series who will manage to overtake this anime in the ratings but for now it stands on top and for all the right reasons.

My final rating for the series is 9.8/10
Aug 2, 2020 9:10 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Fullmetal Alchemist is no masterpiece in my book, but it is one of the most solid shounen shows created (a bit better than MHA, but not close to Kimetsu no Yaiba, though my opinion of the latter series may change as the story progresses.)

Fullmetal Alchemist has a brilliant story arc, but it's filled with rusty patches as plot contrivance after plot contrivance moves the story forward. Characters are consistent and have good chemistry, but break from character when necessary to move the plot forward. The motivation of the main villain is a little bland, though at least it is a break from a "let's have fun doing evil and take over the world" style villain. The homunculi really steal the show, which in my opinion is a problem. You don't want your villains to be this compelling when their plan is so obviously evil.

I think what really hurt the show for me was the main duo, Ed and Alphonse. Their relationship is neat, but I hate mindless shounen protagonists, especially irritating ones like Ed, and neither of these ever really rises beyond the mold. If this had been written from Mustang's perspective as a seinen, it would have been a far superior work (though I should probably read the manga before I say work instead of anime.) Overall, this is a solid 7/10. Far from the best anime has to offer, yet not bad enough that I'd say I'm ashamed of MAL for having it in first place.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 18, 2020 1:29 AM

Jul 2012
Just finished my first rewatch after having had watched it 9 years ago and... yep, it's still one of my favorite shows.
I can see some flaws on it that I didn't when I was younger, like for example the comedy bits at the beginning were quite intrusive at times, but I also observed that as the series progressed they toned them down.
Olivier, Greed and Izumi were my favorites back then and I still love them, but I got to appreciate Hohenheim way more in this rewatch, and he probably became my favorite FMA character.

Anyway, Brotherhood is amazing!
Aug 27, 2020 2:09 AM
Feb 2020
THIS ANIME IS BEST ANIME I EVER WATCH !!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 5, 2020 7:50 AM

Mar 2016
"In order for something to be obtained, something of equal value must be lost."

really enjoyable show. excellent in many aspects and has very few flaws <3 show. i wish i had watched sooner!

8.5/10

Sep 6, 2020 5:32 AM

Jun 2020
Love it 10/10(I'm speechless)
Sep 9, 2020 9:22 AM
Aug 2020
I LOVED THE ENDING AGHHHHHHHHH :') this is definitely one of my favorite anime 10/10

"men that sit around doing nothing are no fun" PERIOD WINRYYYY!

can't believe Edward is a father of two now so freaking cuteeeeeeeeeeee
Nov 11, 2020 3:29 AM
Oct 2018
The last episode was okay, it is like conclusion of what happened after the war and stuff. If you want to see the conclusion then only watch this, otherwise you could stop at Episode 63 and it'd be fine too.
Nov 14, 2020 9:45 AM

Jul 2017
Perfect finale for a near perfect anime (would have been the best with the original anime's direction and pacing for introduction episodes). Still, the epilogue was absolutely beautiful, wrapping up the story extremely well.

Seeing Ed and Al grow up, seeing Edward and Winry get together with the most awkward yet cutest anime confession/proposal I've seen (Winry absolutely demolished equivalent exchange there and it was hilarious) and marry in the future with kids, Ling Yao be the emperor of Xing, Roy with his pedostache with Hawkeye by his side as the loyal and badass person she is, Alphonse and Mei being together and so much more. With using my favorite opening song of Brotherhood, 'Hologram', the show could not have finished itself any better.

10/10 easily. Can't wait to re-read/rewatch this in the future and feel even more love with this franchise in the future. Time to move forward like everyone in this show after what all they've gone through in their crazy adventure.

“There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary; you can't gain anything without losing something first. Although, if you can endure that pain, and walk away from it you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made fullmetal.” - Edward Elric
Nov 28, 2020 5:58 PM
Jul 2020
This anime took me 6 months to complete. Well, if I hadn't been putting it of for so long, I would've finished it much earlier, lol.

Anyways, to make it short: this anime was certainly good, but many cheesy comedic relief scenes and over the top theatric scenes near the end made this show a bit less enjoyable. Had they been a bit more consistent with their motives and removed their unnecessary comedic scenes, this show would've definitely made it on my favorites list. Like many others stated, it's a show with a rather serious and dark premise, but the themes were applied childishly.

8/10, could do much better without the bullshit they play out.
Dec 9, 2020 9:39 AM
Jan 2018
Great last episode, it makes me so emotional, I will certainly miss all of them. Extending the last episode into an OVA would've been a dream, but only because I don't want to let go so fast just yet. Well, showing tidbits is probably a lot better for one's creativity :-)

Based on the satisfaction and the looming void that I'm starting to feel right now, this is definitely one of the more exceptional animes out there. Totally recommended.
Dec 28, 2020 9:57 AM

Jun 2016
Maaaan, I just finished it. A decade later since it was released, I’ve finally decided to watch this. I couldn’t fathom that I used to reject this anime. Duck me! Bingewatched this and took me for 4 days that I ended up not watching anything because I’m too hooked.

I was scared at first because of high expectations I have for this series; I thought it should live up to it being #1 here on MAL—and now I freaking understand why!

I legit cried when it ended. This anime is so beautiful and yes it’s a masterpiece. It has everything I want in a show/anime. No down moments, I love all the characters. It feels like it’s a sin to hate on any thing about this show.

Definitely a 10000000000/10 for me. I’m a big fan of AOT and maaaan FMAB literally made my top 10 fave anime. It’s my top 2 now. Hihi.

Thank you to Bones for adapting this and for the mangaka-dono, thank you for blessing us with your masterpiece. Legit crying while typing this. What a journey that was!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Pages (20) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A question

Holy_Momo - Jun 17

21 by StarryyChai »»
Jun 20, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 44 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 14, 2010

190 by TheStarscream759 »»
Jun 19, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

622 by Samcham »»
Jun 18, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

adamantine - Feb 7, 2010

162 by TheStarscream759 »»
Jun 17, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 56 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeviantKaos - May 9, 2010

208 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 11:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.