Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
May 15, 2017 11:03 AM
Apr 2017
Easily, THE BEST ep so far, for no other reason than Erin FINALLY learned how to fight!! And it wasn't just the get-angry-powerup-to-max. The way they built the story off his memories of sparring with Annie (Mikasa and Annie went head-to-head??? What was that outcome, and Annie calling Mikasa a MONSTER??), was perfect. The art was incredible, and the dialog was on point.
May 15, 2017 11:42 AM

Jan 2017
Nerdcore Internet forum jokes.

Because see, I see the clever thing you did there with the text "the joke" liberally being placed above the text "Your head". I mean damn, did you spend time thinking that one over? Because wow. I feel burned. Time to go eat razor blades and listen to Creed.

Over 20 years since the last time I hung out on Internet forums and they are still the same... a perfect encapsulation of the human experience.
Annie… Fall.
May 15, 2017 12:33 PM

Apr 2016
Rhaenyra said:
sim0n2170 said:
The fire titan thing was an anime only thing. They are sticking to the manga more this season.

Legit. I'm over it now ^.^

Red_Ranger_Wien said:
It was funny watching Eren dry hump Reiner for ten minutes

God, I want a season 3 just so anime-only people get to suffer through the atrocious politics arc

You must have serious issues watching pro mixed martial arts. Go ahead, tell those dudes they are "humping", lol.

You really think an anime that does well in the U.S. is going to put us through an arc with almost entirely no action? Something tells me they will compress the crap out of it... I mean, look how far we are in Ep 7 this season. The new pacing is actually refreshing to me.

Don't mind him. He's just salty
May 15, 2017 2:52 PM

Nov 2015
The Armored Titan looks way better here than it did in season 1. In season 1 it was just plain green. I love how they did the armor.
May 15, 2017 3:19 PM

Jan 2016
It was a good episode but there are some things that bother me ... one of them and that fucking titan colossal have been defeated by mere martial arts scams but I do not know maybe it is part of the''show''of the episode
May 15, 2017 3:30 PM

Sep 2013
OH.... MA.... GAH!!!!

I'm so glad I'm keeping up with the airing schedule, otherwise this episode would've triggered a binge watching fest, and I can't afford to lose anymore sleep.
May 15, 2017 4:40 PM

May 2014
*sweats profusely*
Well, shiz just got very real very fast.
Definitely much better than the Annie vs. Eren fight imo just because of Reiner's role within the story. Like Eren said, he was like everybody's big brother so even thought the fight was amazing, it was also pretty tragic too.

and oddly sexual if you're a pervert like me...seriously though, that was one hell of an odd wrestling position lmao it looked like they were in the throes of passion, not combat

Despite them being traitors, in the end, it's their (well, mostly Reiner's) emotions that led them to struggle at the final hurdle. After seeing them bond, train and grow with the rest of the trainees I think it'd be farfetched to say they were completely ingenuine. It's probably why Reiner lost his marbles last episode.

Annie's lessons still coming in handy ;)
Also, dammit I wanted to see that Annie vs. Mikasa so bad! I think they'd draw though.

CG was miles better this episode as well, so the only complaint I have was that extremely cruel cliffhanger XD

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2017 5:31 PM
Aug 2016
MEU DEUS DO CEU BERG !!!!!
May 15, 2017 6:38 PM
May 2017
Who's going to win between really close friends I can't wait for Saturday 😱😱😱😱😱
May 15, 2017 7:31 PM

Nov 2016

Oh man mikasa looking cool and beautiful as always

#APerfectBeing

Btw did anyone else think what Annie said about/called Mikasa during the flashback hold a double meaning....she definitely knows more about Mikasa then even Mikasa knows herself
vanillaskynetMay 15, 2017 9:16 PM
May 15, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2014
Ralonzo said:
All this needed was some Jim Ross commentary.

"Eren is going for his finishing move... he's got it! He's got the Kyojin crossface locked in on Reiner! Reiner is trying to drag himself to the wall for a break, but can't make it! It's over for Reiner, it has to be! He looks like he's going to have to tap out! We're going to have new Wall Wresting Entertainment Champion tonight! Oh no, what's this... oh my God it's Berthold, he's... he's up on the top of the wall! He's going for the Titan Splash! Damn them! Damn them to hell!"

I read your comment while pretending to be that person. Is that weird?
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
May 15, 2017 9:33 PM

Jan 2014
Is it bad that I still want Reiner and Bertholdt to get away?

I wish things had turned out differently but I don't want two of my favorite characters to die.
JotakakMay 15, 2017 9:36 PM
May 15, 2017 9:55 PM
Sep 2016
Fucking loving every minute of this season so far! Shame it's only 12 episodes, fuck it tho, this show is fucking great!
May 15, 2017 10:57 PM

Jul 2016
The Eren vs. Reiner
Eren being able to gain control and conscious as a Titan
The troops attacking the Colossal the animation there is precise and definitely good.
Eren having those feelings and spouting his disappointment or his sentiments with Reiner.
Mikasa vs Annie
Can't wait for the next episode!
May 16, 2017 6:15 AM

Sep 2016
Finally Eren knew how to dodge & leant some fighting skills. Took the boy quite a long time (fvcking 4 years).

Mikasa defending her lover against Annie was badass af in the flashback. I would also be super excited if I were on the spot witnessing the showdown between these 2.
BTW, Eren getting hit on the crotch by Reiner’s body looked painful, but the guy didn’t seem to be bothered at all, sasuka a Titan shifter.

As always, Mikasa was a great help, but still the enemies had something up their sleeves.
May 16, 2017 8:10 AM
Aug 2016
As far as I remember, the steamy big titan swallowed 2 people, one of them was Ymir, and the other one was one of the soldiers which probably has the abillity to transform into a titan aswell, anyone saw who was it?
May 16, 2017 8:43 AM

Jun 2015
Good CG in an anime? I must be dreaming.
Lol, Hange's titan fetish makes Mikasa's yandere senses tingle.
Also, thank you for that close-up of Annie's ass.
May 16, 2017 8:55 AM

Jun 2016
Still really confused as to how people don't accept this as a "fight".
That's how you fight a bigger and generally tougher enemy. It was really damm refreshing compared to the usual very fast paced\huge power fights.

I guess y'all just expected Eren to punch him, break a hand, and then punch him again, but this time, with more shounen power, netting him an instant K.O
May 16, 2017 1:56 PM

Jan 2015
Rhaenyra said:
sim0n2170 said:
The fire titan thing was an anime only thing. They are sticking to the manga more this season.

Red_Ranger_Wien said:

God, I want a season 3 just so anime-only people get to suffer through the atrocious politics arc

You must have serious issues watching pro mixed martial arts. Go ahead, tell those dudes they are "humping", lol.

You really think an anime that does well in the U.S. is going to put us through an arc with almost entirely no action? Something tells me they will compress the crap out of it... I mean, look how far we are in Ep 7 this season. The new pacing is actually refreshing to me.

They don't really care about the US :) They will probably keep the 2chap/ep pacing, which is perfectly fine.
May 16, 2017 3:05 PM

Nov 2008
horitsubastudent said:

I still wanna know how the fight between Annie and Mikasa went

From what happened in the ep, I'm pretty sure Annie did take out Mikasa in the flashback. She says something like "I know it works against humans but I wonder if this move can take a beast out" !! So if Eren used it, then chances are that it did work!
May 16, 2017 4:06 PM
Apr 2014
ok they can just go fuck themselves with that cliffhanger. Worst cliffhangers in the past few years. S1 was the same back then... Is it really necessary to cut right before something happens? Same with the episode of Ymir. They cut right as she jumped off the tower. Just cut after the fucking scream. Everyone knew why he did that anyway. Obviously he wanted to signal Bertholdt.

fuck. this is so annoying.
May 16, 2017 4:07 PM

Oct 2013
Black_wind said:
The fighting was too much kiddy shounen for me...boring
CGI of Colossal was still terrible

but good cliffhanger

>too much kiddy shounen
>yuu yuu hasusho in favorites

Now thats just hilarious.
Code Geass is the most fun anime of all time, objectively speaking.
May 16, 2017 10:58 PM

Aug 2012
parisanimelist said:
As far as I remember, the steamy big titan swallowed 2 people, one of them was Ymir, and the other one was one of the soldiers which probably has the abillity to transform into a titan aswell, anyone saw who was it?
This was the guy, looks like a random person

May 17, 2017 3:40 AM

Nov 2007
DrummerX09 said:
Black_wind said:
The fighting was too much kiddy shounen for me...boring
CGI of Colossal was still terrible

but good cliffhanger

>too much kiddy shounen

Yeah,very funny right......i was waiting for some try-hard to get into my profile and point it out so thanks ^^
Got into YYH when i was about 15 though and it's important series to me in many ways,that's why it's in my faves. I am 29 now. I still think the fights in YYH are much more intelligent and better though.
May 17, 2017 5:08 AM

Oct 2013
Black_wind said:
DrummerX09 said:

>too much kiddy shounen

Yeah,very funny right......i was waiting for some try-hard to get into my profile and point it out so thanks ^^
Got into YYH when i was about 15 though and it's important series to me in many ways,that's why it's in my faves. I am 29 now. I still think the fights in YYH are much more intelligent and better though.

If you find this fight kiddy then you find MMA kiddy as well because that is the inspiration behind this fight.

I find your comment overall odd though, this fight was technical and intelligent it wasn't about brute strength or who applies the most punches. Eren defeated Reiner using skills, since he can't beat Reiner on Brute strength alone.

Don't understand your logic here. You are also not being fair at all, two huge titan fighting in a open land, they don't have any special powers like Yu Yu hackushoo, they are basically giant humans, could you give me a example how this fight would be better for you?

Because I only see two option, eren rage fight like what he did with Annie in the anime, or he use his head and use skills to beat his opponents like what he did this episode.

Also saying "kiddy shounen" doesn't make any sense, since the fights in yu yu hackushoo is the standard for most battle shounen excluding dbz which is more about power than using your head.

So overall your comment makes no sense and this is why I would like if you go a little more in depth in it, that is if you don't ignore this comment.
keragammingMay 17, 2017 5:49 AM
May 17, 2017 10:01 AM

Jan 2013
It was kind of hot seeing the two titians on top of each other. yum
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2017 11:38 AM

Nov 2007
keragamming said:
Black_wind said:

If you find this fight kiddy then you find MMA kiddy as well because that is the inspiration behind this fight.

I find your comment overall odd though, this fight was technical and intelligent it wasn't about brute strength or who applies the most punches. Eren defeated Reiner using skills, since he can't beat Reiner on Brute strength alone.

Don't understand your logic here. You are also not being fair at all, two huge titan fighting in a open land, they don't have any special powers like Yu Yu hackushoo, they are basically giant humans, could you give me a example how this fight would be better for you?

Because I only see two option, eren rage fight like what he did with Annie in the anime, or he use his head and use skills to beat his opponents like what he did this episode.

Also saying "kiddy shounen" doesn't make any sense, since the fights in yu yu hackushoo is the standard for most battle shounen excluding dbz which is more about power than using your head.

So overall your comment makes no sense and this is why I would like if you go a little more in depth in it, that is if you don't ignore this comment.

Well, to be precise. At this point of life practically all shounen is kiddy for me. It's not aimed at my age or gender group afterall. Physical anime fights simply bore me...and yes,i do find MMA boring and lame too. Two muscly dudes (or ladies) "fighting",wow,how "fun". These days I am even getting irritated by shounen sports anime which i loved (minus Yowapeda...Yowapeda is great but i hope Midousuji burns in hellfire...anyway...)
I had few giggles here and there thanks to that scene though, because of reasons, so yay i didn't dislike it completely.
Do not get me wrong, i really really like SNK...but it's not the action that makes me like it (especially not action like in this episode). I am keeping up with the manga too and while other people were crying how boring it got because it was all politics and no titans and action, i was rejoicing. I prefer intellectually stimulating stuff. My fave anime of last year was Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and this year so far i loved Rakugo the most again (and i doubt it's gonna change because jewels like that are extremely rare) ...that and Acca,which people called boring bcz "no action". That is the kind of content that i truly enjoy in this age and i am thankful someone is making stuff for people who love animation but aren't 5.
There is almost 10 years age difference between us...we are at totally different point mentally,emotionally etc. and maybe you will get what the heck i am saying in 10 years too.
And i don't want to hear from anyone something like "then do not watch it old lady". I will,thank you very much. 98% of time i enjoy SNK greatly, so i have no reason to ditch it.
May 17, 2017 1:19 PM

Jul 2012
LOL at Hange blushing. She's so excited that she has a titan of her own and that can listen to her 😂

The Mikasa 3DMG animation was soo good!

And even as a manga reader, that cliffhanger was brutal 😭
May 17, 2017 1:47 PM

Apr 2016
Black_wind said:
keragamming said:

Well, to be precise. At this point of life practically all shounen is kiddy for me. It's not aimed at my age or gender group afterall. Physical anime fights simply bore me...and yes,i do find MMA boring and lame too. Two muscly dudes (or ladies) "fighting",wow,how "fun". These days I am even getting irritated by shounen sports anime which i loved (minus Yowapeda...Yowapeda is great but i hope Midousuji burns in hellfire...anyway...)
I had few giggles here and there thanks to that scene though, because of reasons, so yay i didn't dislike it completely.
Do not get me wrong, i really really like SNK...but it's not the action that makes me like it (especially not action like in this episode). I am keeping up with the manga too and while other people were crying how boring it got because it was all politics and no titans and action, i was rejoicing. I prefer intellectually stimulating stuff. My fave anime of last year was Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and this year so far i loved Rakugo the most again (and i doubt it's gonna change because jewels like that are extremely rare) ...that and Acca,which people called boring bcz "no action". That is the kind of content that i truly enjoy in this age and i am thankful someone is making stuff for people who love animation but aren't 5.
There is almost 10 years age difference between us...we are at totally different point mentally,emotionally etc. and maybe you will get what the heck i am saying in 10 years too.
And i don't want to hear from anyone something like "then do not watch it old lady". I will,thank you very much. 98% of time i enjoy SNK greatly, so i have no reason to ditch it.

You don't cringe when saying this?
May 17, 2017 5:14 PM

Oct 2013
Black_wind said:
keragamming said:

Ok, fair enough. Was just curious with your opinion.
May 18, 2017 3:01 AM
Feb 2016
Black_wind said:
keragamming said:

... You do realize that because you stopped to like action while getting old doesn't mean that it's because you were getting old ? People that love UFC or other sports aren't alway young.
Me too, I care more about the evenements are less about the action in AOT, but I know it's still REALLY important, it must be well done, and the plot can't go forward without this, because it's a war, and they are the ennemy.
May 18, 2017 5:19 AM

May 2012
Rhaenyra said:
sim0n2170 said:

Red_Ranger_Wien said:

There's no way they could compress the next arc to be less than a full season. Season 2 alone is 12 episodes for a 15 chapter arc that's shock full of action which is and can be paced at a much faster rate. The next arc is 20 chapters with not much action at all.
May 18, 2017 12:58 PM

May 2008
Matetrix said:

There's no way they could compress the next arc to be less than a full season. Season 2 alone is 12 episodes for a 15 chapter arc that's shock full of action which is and can be paced at a much faster rate. The next arc is 20 chapters with not much action at all.

I think it's entirely possible. Challenging, but doable. If anything, I think it's where we might see the most anime/manga divergence. I can totally see them figuring out a way to adjust certain scenarios to work better for an anime version and condense/combine certain things. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Death Note Near/Mello arc approach in terms of streamlining stuff.
May 19, 2017 1:43 AM

Aug 2012
May 19, 2017 9:18 AM

Mar 2013
I miss Annie :(
Damn, dat cliffhanger though.
May 19, 2017 12:51 PM

Jun 2013
that was fucking intense
May 19, 2017 1:42 PM

Dec 2015
This seemed even longer than in the manga, with all those flashback cuts (were they coming up as often in the comic?) and slow motions instants.

Not a fan of the colossal CG, but I guess it helped them for the aerial scenes. Overall, the fight was decent, as in the manga (and they didn't try to make it super exciting like they often do, good point here).

3/5
May 20, 2017 6:10 AM
Mar 2017
Really great episode so much action and thrilling fights...
May 20, 2017 7:09 PM
Jul 2016
WOWW so epict battle best action and best adaptation
May 20, 2017 10:52 PM

Jun 2016
I KNEW IT!!! I predicted that Reiner would use the weight of the colossal titan to his advantage. Although large, the colossal titan doesn't have much going for him in terms of strength or reaction time so it was pretty obvious haha. Glad Hanji got more screen time.
May 21, 2017 8:47 AM

Apr 2015
Animation was top notch this ep yet again.

Mikasa's face tho ='(

I want to kiss her so badly XD

(kms)
May 21, 2017 12:05 PM
Feb 2017
I guess I'm like the only one that's irritated about these two being these particular titans...
May 21, 2017 1:30 PM

Apr 2013
Nice episode, CGI titan wasn't even that bad. Though after last episode was bloody amazing, this one felt a bit more normal with fighting and thinking of everyone involved. I wonder though who was thrown into Bertholt's mouth together with Ymir :o
May 22, 2017 5:55 AM

Dec 2007
Great adaptation . Hange blushes, so cute. She's my favourite.
May 22, 2017 5:57 AM

Jul 2008
Fuck yes Eren! This chapter was adapted supremely well.
May 25, 2017 4:02 AM
Nov 2015
Titans fighting is okay, but have you ever seen Titans fighting Jiu-Jitsu? That was one of the best fight I've ever seen, and beacause of it, that episode was the best of this season by far.
May 29, 2017 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
holy fucking shit this fight was epic, i was on the edge of my seat for the whole of it. in my opinion this was definitely one of the strongest episodes so far! and of course the colossal titan has to spoil whatever advantage eren had -_-
May 30, 2017 4:28 AM

Jun 2013
I remember this scene from the manga. Eren's long ass monologue of how he regrets looking up to Reiner, regenerates then get sucker punched lol. So much for getting hyped up.

It kind of gets annoying whenever Mikasa always has to save Eren's ass. I love Mikasa as a character but her obsession over Eren makes me barf inside my mouth a little. If it were for another character, I wouldn't feel triggered at all but cocky, little Eren claiming he wants to kill all the titans but fails more than half the time pisses me off. If he didn't have his titan abilities, he would've died a long time ago. I see their development as individual characters but I can't help but nitpick at Eren. He's eternally fixated on killing all titans but he's only effective when he's a titan. Everyone else around him are able to keep a level-head and perform well.

That titan MMA action though. That awkwardly suggestive position that Eren locked Reiner made me laugh, probably since there are so many dirty memes of it online. It's hard trying to get my mind out of the gutter haha.
臭い-
May 30, 2017 5:04 PM
Mar 2013
Loved the sudden turns/strategies
Jun 1, 2017 7:45 AM

Dec 2012
SUPERB!
We UFC now.

Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

» Something I personally love about Attack on Titan (Slight Spoilers if not seen AOT from season 1 onwards)

Nght_Walkr - Yesterday

4 by Loki_God »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

690 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 25, 5:37 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

435 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 25, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 7, 2017

440 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 25, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

932 by AvenSawanami »»
Jun 24, 7:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.