Forum Settings
Forums

girls, do you prefer your hair long or short?

New
longorshorthair?
Aug 28, 2017 6:04 PM

Dec 2014
A year ago I let my hair grow out a little(I'm a guy), primarily the bangs, nothing to hit the shoulders or cover my entire ear etc. Never done that in my life really and..

how do you guys stand it? Long hair is a pain to wash and dry and maintain...

What is your preference regarding hair? ISN'T IT A PAIN TO WASH? ehh...not to mention it can get caught in things.. how do you do it..?
Is this where you live?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 2017 6:08 PM

Jul 2016
I always keep it around waist-length. Even having my hair at neck/shoulder length feels weird. Gotta go full bishie-style.

I don't bother drying it cause it dries straight anyway.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2017 6:09 PM
Aug 2016
Why does it have to be girls? Some girls have short hair, some guys have long hair. As a guy, I have had pretty long hair myself.

You know, that shaggy "emo" haircut. And yes it is a pain in the ass to watch.
Aug 28, 2017 6:17 PM

Dec 2014
KoalaWaize said:
Why does it have to be girls? Some girls have short hair, some guys have long hair. As a guy, I have had pretty long hair myself.

because predominately most guys have short hair and I presume 99.9% of males on this forum don't have hair stretching below the shoulder.
Is this where you live?

Aug 28, 2017 6:28 PM
Aug 2016
peanutbutters said:
KoalaWaize said:

because predominately most guys have short hair and I presume 99.9% of males on this forum don't have hair stretching below the shoulder.
I fail to see why that matters. Yes, mostly girls have long hair, so that means you accept opinions only from girls?
Aug 28, 2017 6:30 PM

Jan 2017
I prefer long hair... Don't get me wrong there's a lot of good styles some girls can pull off with short, but with long hair they do almost any kind of styling. I find it sexy.
Aug 28, 2017 6:35 PM

Dec 2014
KoalaWaize said:
peanutbutters said:

I fail to see why that matters. Yes, mostly girls have long hair, so that means you accept opinions only from girls?

I find it more of a mix in the community where I am.
Is this where you live?

Aug 28, 2017 6:38 PM
Aug 2016
peanutbutters said:
KoalaWaize said:

I find it more of a mix in the community where I am.
I see. Oh, and I didn't mean to make a big deal outta it lol.
Aug 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Oct 2015
you can do so many cute hairstyles with long whilst with short it's just.. eh

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Aug 28, 2017 11:09 PM

Feb 2015
So it will not take 10 years to dry out or I won't use shitty hair dryer. Those are pain in the ass.
Aug 29, 2017 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
It's easier to upkeep if it's shorter, but for me it has to at least be below my shoulders in order to be "proper" length. Like my hair, hate how it's affected by humidity and heat, since it is rather thick.
Aug 29, 2017 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
short is ugly. long hair is what makes women women
+ how else are u gonna do this?
Aug 29, 2017 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
I have long hair, always. I really like it! I tried short hair once, when I was a kid, regretted it. (Y.Y)
Aug 29, 2017 3:18 AM

Mar 2012
My hair is a little below shoulder length, I actually like long hair but my hair isn't that great plus it gets easily dirty when I get into fights. I'm thinking of getting a layered bob but can't find any DIY tutorial easy enough for me to follow.
Aug 29, 2017 3:42 AM

Mar 2014
i like my hair medium, not too long and not too short

also, this is a poll for how girls prefer their own hair. not your preference men lmao
Aug 29, 2017 6:50 AM

Jun 2016
I always donate my hair when it's long enough; usually I donate 12". And I swear having short hair is very hard. It's hard to style, flyaway strands of hair everywhere. Ugh. So, every 2 years I donate my hair, cut it 12" short, and it's a nightmare afterwards. Haha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 29, 2017 6:52 AM

Feb 2014
loooooong if you have rly curly hair like me the shorter it is the harder it is to tame
so many girls suit pixie cuts but imo longer the better
Aug 29, 2017 8:33 AM

Jun 2016
Long.

I've seen a lot of girls who look great with short hair, but it just isn't my thing. Long hair does take longer to wash and comb, but it's worth it. Long hair looks very attractive and there are so many hair styles that you can make with long hair.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 29, 2017 8:46 AM

Jun 2016
I'm a guy who has his hair long and prefers it that way. It looks best on me and there's so many cool things you can do with it. I don't think I'd look good in anything shorter than shoulder length.
Aug 29, 2017 9:08 AM

May 2013
my hair doesn't really grow past my boobs so i don't consider my hair to be super long, but i personally think i look better with long hair. if i could pull off short hair, sure why not. it's such a pain finding hair in your butt crack after a shower hahaha...........
Aug 29, 2017 9:22 AM

Jan 2010
I agree with you OP, long hair is such a pain.

I'm a girl and the longest hair I ever had before I had to cut it is a little past my shoulder, well maybe a bit longer than that, 1/3 back or something. And it's hell to wash and to comb.

Now I always cut my hair everytime it reach my shoulder.

I don't quite pay attention to my looks, so I don't bother with hair style. My country is hot af all year and as long as my hair don't get in the way I'm good.
Aug 29, 2017 9:33 AM

Aug 2017
My hair is around waist length right now, which is the longest I've ever had it. I used to keep my hair at shoulder height, because shorter than that makes it curl too much.

Because of this, I tend to prefer my hair long, since I don't like my hair too curly. (It's got a slight curl to it now as well, but it's more manageable)
Aug 29, 2017 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
i prefer long hair because i believe it suits me,i have thought of chopping it all off since it's a pain in the ass to maintain but i would rather have long hair than short hair
Aug 29, 2017 10:24 AM

Jan 2016
I prefer for my hair to be short. It's just easier to maintain and it feels better during the summer. But I'm currently growing it out since I'm getting married next Spring and would like to be able to style my hair. Right after the wedding I'll probably cut it again.
Aug 29, 2017 2:56 PM

Oct 2007
I've had pretty short hair (like sort of bowl cut and pixie cut styles) for the last 10 years, but I decided to grow it out now that I finally know how to deal with the reason why I didn't want to keep it long before. I'm sure it'll take some getting used to though and as of right now it's not even that long yet.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Aug 29, 2017 3:50 PM

Apr 2017
Actually , i like the long hair cuz it's stylish and i can make any coiffure i want with it

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Aug 29, 2017 4:36 PM

Nov 2011
Depends what you mean by short. To me shoulder length is fairly short- so that's my preferred length. Anything longer than that and it's too annoying to straighten and dry.

Aug 29, 2017 5:01 PM

Feb 2010
Jack_100HP said:
short is ugly. long hair is what makes women women
+ how else are u gonna do this?
that's how you get your ass kicked where i live also short hair can look just as good as long hair.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Aug 29, 2017 7:04 PM

May 2017
Honestly, I think long hair is more attractive and usually makes any female instantly look more attractive, but not super long like waist length because I work in a professional setting. It is really hard for girls to pull off the short haired look unless they have very prominent features
Aug 29, 2017 7:08 PM

Feb 2008
when i was younger i'd always have long hair up to my waist
then when i was around 19 i chopped it off and i kept it that way, i prefer it above the shoulders, it just fits me better.

and yes, i agree, long hair is a pain in the ass
Aug 29, 2017 8:28 PM

Feb 2016
Well after a stupid trip to the hairdresser 4 years ago, I vowed to never get it cut short again. So it's currently almost reaching my ass... so far so good.

"The other day I met this man, a nice guy, y'know?
And we had a really good chat. Then I slit his throat and ripped his heart out through his chest.
Does that make me a bad person?"

Aug 29, 2017 9:52 PM

Oct 2016
I've always wanted long hair, but as of now, it's shoulder length. Though, long hair is incredibly difficult maintain, especially with thicker hair like mine (fucking tangles everywhere)
Aug 29, 2017 11:07 PM

May 2013
Well I'm not actually a girl but I keep my hair pretty long. It's down to my shoulders at this point. I plan to grow it out quite a bit more :[]

guess i'm part of the 1% ;)
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Aug 29, 2017 11:27 PM

Aug 2007
Shoulder length. Not a bit longer. I have wavy hair and my ends can be a bitch when they overstay their welcome. Once my hair is too long, I no longer support the weight of my hair.

I don't have short hair because it doesn't fit my face shape, but it would be damn nice not to worry about tangles.
Aug 30, 2017 1:15 AM

Jan 2013
I prefer to keep my hair really short, like pixie cut short.
Mainly cause long hair takes forever to wash, forever to dry, and just gets in the way and gets knotty and I consider it a waste of time to take care of.
People say short hair looks better on me anyway, so win-win I guess.

The only real thing I miss about long hair is being able to put my hair up into a bun tbh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2017 3:15 AM

Apr 2013
I've had my hair up to my butt and a straight bob hair cut, honestly, having it too long is so hard to maintain and having it short, didn't give me enough options to style it.

It's currently just below my shoulders and it's a very comfortable length. (It can be seen on my profile lmao)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 30, 2017 4:48 AM

Mar 2016
Long. My hair used to be rather short. I think long hair suits my face better.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Aug 30, 2017 4:49 AM

Jul 2015
I used to have pretty long hair, then I cut it to about my shoulders and I'm SO happy I did
It's so cute and easy and healthy, long hair was such a hassle
Aug 30, 2017 10:24 AM

Sep 2016
I had long hair my entire life. Went below my butt at one point.. Just recently i cut it to shoulder length and it felt so good. Less hassle than before. I will probably cut it shorter when i get the time to do it.
Aug 30, 2017 11:43 AM

Jul 2012
long, i like to tie it up. when i had short hair, it was always hard to tame it.
Aug 30, 2017 3:06 PM

Oct 2010
I like to wear it very long because I just don't feel very feminine or pretty unless I have my hair grown out.
Aug 30, 2017 4:31 PM

Oct 2015
When I was a kid, I would sometimes get my hair cut so much that I looked exactly like my youngest brother. Always had my hair shoulder length at most since my mom can't stand long hair.
Now, I finally managed to get my hair to reach the middle of my back and I want to let them grow at least till the bottom of my back.
I'm getting used of having long hair I guess, but it's true that it's inconvenient at times. Now at summer it's really warm, but this is very nice in winter xD I think I look better like that anyway, and some other persons actually told me I did when compared with before.
Aug 31, 2017 1:09 AM

Jul 2009
Long hair.

Tried short but its inconvenient and i either way have to keep it shorter or it becames a pain to handle - i mean i cant do it on a ponytail if short, and i like the feeling of the long hair on my back <3
Btw the process of going from short back to long is the most annoying of it all.
Aug 31, 2017 6:11 AM

Oct 2016
When I was still studying, I always kept my hair abit long, around strap length because it suited my uniform and I could also tie it up fairly easy. But I had a haircut months ago and made it a bobcut. lol

I didn't like it so I'm now trying to make it longer again.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Aug 31, 2017 10:58 AM

Mar 2008
I'm a guy and my hair drapes little over halfway down my torso. I just drape it over my chest or I wear it in a low pony tail or I braid it down the back or I do two side braids or I put it up in a bun and occasionally I straighten it. I look better with my hair about mid length with fringe or about a bit shorter than shoulder length but it's also comforting to have it really long.
Aug 31, 2017 12:27 PM

Jan 2017
I've always had short hair but would love to grow it longer. But I don't like how it feels on my neck and I look ugly if I keep my hair tied.

Aug 31, 2017 1:33 PM

Aug 2009
My hair gets curly when its long and I prefer for it to be straight so I always keep it short nowadays. Usually I use clippera and do a high crop fade. As for girls, yeah I prefer long hair, but its not that big of a deal tbh.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 31, 2017 2:29 PM

Mar 2014
Short, as in just below chin length. I love having short hair but everyone prefers me with long hair and I do miss styling it so I'm growing it out.
I wouldn't say I had any issues maintaining it though.
Aug 31, 2017 3:16 PM

May 2016
I had always had long hair before, but I had it cut and now it's above shoulder length and I have to say it's really comfortable <3 Also, I feel it looks better on me than long hair, and some people have told me the same, so I'm really happy with my hair right now xD
Aug 31, 2017 5:05 PM
Jun 2015
i love girls with long hair. short hair signifies manliness and masculinity while long hair represents femininity. I just want to play with it its so cute
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How many of your great-grandparents did you get to meet?

SoldierDream - Sep 21

30 by traed »»
4 minutes ago

» How would Mermaids advance past the Stone Age if Fire cannot work under the sea?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

8 by Shahn32125 »»
56 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

76 by Shahn32125 »»
1 hour ago

» How can you stand the lopsided car infrastructure?

Ezekiel - Oct 22, 2023

14 by LoveYourSmile »»
1 hour ago

» Am I the only one who doesnt like discord? ( 1 2 )

Bensku - Sep 21

62 by ProGoddess »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.