Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2014 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
I'm glad that they did a full and conclusive epilogue (yeah, I know, it's kinda ironic that I say that since it's heading for a second season).

Awwwn, he almost killed Sugou, even if it would have been a bit too brutal, I would have wanted him to slit is throat :(
Maybe that's just my morbid curiosity :P

I found it disconcerting that Asuna looked exactly as normal as before. I expected her to be like Kirito when he woke, skin and bones. Still, was a nice kiss :3

What I liked about this episode is that we know what happened to each character after SAO. Silicia, Liz, Asuna and Kirito are back to a special school for the survivor. Klein is still the same old single man, Agil still own a bar, that other guy married that other girl. Everything ended happily :D

I laughed that Kirito asked for whiskey but he's a minor. What was he expecting? xD

Now, I think it's important to come back on the whole serie since it was really hyped and controversial, since the anime community was really divided on it. I think that what can describe the serie the best is ''inconsistent, but entertaining''.

The pros of the serie :

- Strong lead character. Kirito and Asuna were good written character. It's rare to see a woman that can rivalize with the main character, so I think it was a strong point. Suguha was also a great character with a taboo relationship. While we could say it was unnecessary, I think it have had some depth to the plot.

- Great cast of seiyu. The three seiyu of the main character were really great. Yoshitsugu Matsuoka was really good in the emotionnal moment, for exemple when he was crying while they were dissapearing in the episode 14. His groan weren't annoying too, which is often the case in anime. Haruka Tomatsu was also really good, she was able to pass to a strong tsundere to a sensible young teenager. The emotion was also well expressed. I think that the seiyu that really was the most powerful was Ayana Taketatsu who was really good as Suguha. She really putted a lot of depth in Suguha character and really made it a better and more interresting character. When she confronted her brother at the end of the episode 22, it was really touching and I almost wanted to hug the screen :P

- Great and fast action. I think that the animation and fighting was really one of the strongest point of the anime. They were able to show interresting and various fighting without putting gore or confusion on the screen. It was clear and detailed. Yeah, if you go frame by frame, you could see some were they have weird face or there isn't much detail, when in motion, it doesn't make a difference.

- Good twist and the confidence of killing character. I think that I'm not the only one that didn't see the Heatcliff twist coming. Totally caught me by surprise. There was other good twist like the ''fake'' murder arc that I found clever, the way he manipulated Silicia, the unexpected death of Sachi, the explaination of the hidden sword of Kirito. It was a bit less effective twist was Yui identity. It was a bit of a deus ex machina and we could see it coming since she had too much difference with the other player, but it was still greatly pulled out.

- A good soundtrack in overall. The OP and the ED were good (in term of song). The soundtrack for the fighting was fun and the song for the sad scene were also good in term of climax.

Now for the cons :

- Inconsistent. I think that's the major default of the serie. It was really inconsistent and badly paced. For exemple, we have two episode for a intern murder case (the episode 5 and 6) and then one episode later, we have a cheesy unnecessary romance. I think there lack a link between the two. It was also often the case, like right after Sachi die, you could think that we could have an episode were he try to redeem himself or his lost with his thought, but we go with an episode about a girl that try to ressucite her dragon and who make him think of his sister. It was a bit random.

- The various confusing timeskip. Timeskip can be good and interresting in anime, but it is when we have an impactful event before the timeskip. If it's just done randomly, then it's just really confusing. Like when he left Asuna in the episode 2, where she looked like an introvert and shy, and then, due to timeskip, he's working with her three episodes later and she have become a tsundere who his annoyed by his presence and is a leader of the main guild. But what happened between that? We only saw Kirito flirting with two other girls, was he close to Asuna? Was he working with her? There are a lot of detail and plot story left behind that we will never know what happened.

- The second arc. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate the fairy arc nor didn't think it was bad. I just think it lacked of potential. And it really showed in the plot. Asuna being held hostage was kinda in contradiction with her character. She isn't really the princess type character, so why make her look so weak? She was never resisting and was always just waiting for Kirito. Kirito also seemed to lack of motivation. Where was his passion? We saw it in the latest episode, but he was more concerned with his sister than his girlfriend who his promised to a psycho perverted guy. Also, the vilain of that arc was really weak, he lacked completely of charisma and intention. His only goal was to sequester Asuna and make her the saddest possible, it's hard to believe that such a stupid guy could control freely and at the unbeknownst of everyone. After all happened, the government and autority didn't think to regulate and try to get out those 300 peoples trap in the game?

- The vilains. I have said all I had to say about Sugou, since he was a poorly written character. Now, it's a bit more complicated about Kabaya because he was on papper a good character, but his execution was weak. His goal was really unclear and stupid. Why did he sacrificed 30000 peoples on an online game? Only because he was bored? That's such a silly reason. He had the charisma, unfortunately, he didn't had that depth that a antagonist must have to be good.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 11, 2014 8:29 AM
Feb 2014
WOW! Such an great anime! But I want to see the Kirito and Asuna's marriage.
Mar 12, 2014 1:08 PM
Feb 2014
rasenshiruken973 said:
I've avoided MAL for the first 24 episodes because I hate you all. You're all way too critical and you would probably say things like "ughhh noo we don't like her can we have 'MOARR' this character or that character instead". It's like you want every little thing to happen exactly how you want it instead of just sitting back and enjoying the damn anime that's been made for your entertainment.

First 24 episodes are near-flawless for me. It was perfect blend of romance and action.

The only issues I had was with the last episode which left a slightly underwhelming feeling at the end. I can overlook the fact that Asuna wasn't in the last scene cause she's still meant to be recovering and she went through some messed up stuff. But the bringing back that floating SAO world thing and going there without Asuna to play it from level 1? I just thought the last scene could have been a bit more meaningful, and include Asuna in it.

I can overlook that as well though since there's going to be season 2.

Last episode: 4/5

Overall: 10/10

http://i.imgur.com/AjPb74I.jpg im pretty sure the one on the right is asuna? :) so she was there at the end.

Overall i loved this show, i heard the last arc was rubbish, but i actually really enjoyed it. Not as much as the first but still really good!

10/10 from me. Kirito and Asuna's relationship is the cutest ive ever seen in anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2014 10:34 AM

Mar 2014
I really liked the first story arc even though it just felt rushed and cluttered. The fairy arc was okay. I am really debating on whether I want to give this a 7 or an 8. But since there is a debate... I'll go with 7. (Also since I took a long ass hiatus from watching it after the first arc)

Final: 7/10
Mar 19, 2014 12:09 PM

Feb 2014
still don't understand why sugou went far to antagonize kirito. he would've ended with asuna eventually anyway, with the arranged marriage, so why starting all the fuss?
Mar 22, 2014 7:04 PM

Nov 2012
Great ending to an okay anime.

Knew Kirito was going to bitch out and not kill Sugou.Gotta admit that scene was pretty intense though,(really wanted Sugou died though).

Irl reunion between Kirito and Asuna.Ohh,they kissed.

All old/side characters back in real life form was reminiscent/nice.

Dem tears/dat dance,honestly didn't care.

The World Seed upload so now more games can be made and more anime adaptions of those games,yay!(ain't that excited tbh)

Aincrad Arc - High 7/10
ALfheim Online Arc - Low 5/10
Sword Art Online Overall - 6/10.

Hopefully GGO will be better.
Apr 1, 2014 5:49 PM

Oct 2013
kazibo said:
WOW! Such an great anime! But I want to see the Kirito and Asuna's marriage.

YESSS!!! Heck yes to that
Apr 5, 2014 2:21 PM

Sep 2013
The second half isn't great as the first half, but I still enjoyed it every second of it.

I'mma give this an 9/10 just because it was great haha.

Apr 15, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't really like it as much as I'd expected at the start mainly because of pacing reasons and how they kept skipping major parts, but after about 7 episodes they stopped doing that. From there, I really enjoyed this show and it had some pretty awesome action scenes. Looking forward to seeing what the second season's like! :D
Apr 19, 2014 2:49 PM
Mar 2014
Amazing series, second half not as enjoyable for many reasons main one being:I HATE KIROTO'S SISTER
May 1, 2014 3:35 AM
Aug 2013
SWORD ART ONLINE

1st half
Story: 8
Art: 9
Music: 9
Character: 8
Enjoyment: 8

2nd half
Story: 4
Art: 9
Music: 3
Character: 6
Enjoyment: 4

Overall: 6.8
Good start... just the start tho
May 6, 2014 8:50 PM
Jan 2008
My opinion: the first half is terrific. The second half isn't quite as good, but it's not bad either. It just has some disconcerting issues that prevent it from being as effective. But it's nowhere nearly as unbearable as the island/Africa arc from NADIA. The final episode also has a very sweet resolution between Kirito, Asuna, and Suguha and it's a delight to see everyone meeting in the real world. The commentary on the fall of the VRMMORPG industry is dryly amusing as well.

The last scene feels a bit strange, though; everyone finally gets out of SAO... only to go into it AGAIN? Just for a party? Sounds like a glorification of internet living if you ask me! Then again, there is a sequel to come, and if this serves to set us up for that sequel, so be it.

For all its faults, I ultimately enjoyed my time with SWORD ART ONLINE. It's great fun for JRPG fans, offers some heartwarming moments, romantic bits, and funny bits. The first fourteen episodes are a 9/10, while the second is a lesser but still competent 7/10. 8/10 for me.
May 14, 2014 2:24 AM

Jan 2014
I loved both of the arcs the same, the story was very amusing over all. 9/10 from me ;)
May 15, 2014 3:58 PM

Apr 2013
Really enjoyed this show! Despite the somewhat generic ending, It was great reuniting with old SAO friends. I'm really happy it ended on a happy note. Soooo glad for a season 2 also ^^
8/10
May 20, 2014 7:18 AM
May 2014
i dont know why people hate this show
in my opinion he deserve 8/10
first 14 episode was the best
cant w8 for s2
tragedyloverJul 3, 2014 9:27 AM
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
May 22, 2014 9:16 PM

Jul 2013
Finally finished it. Started on it a long time ago and took a break from it.

It was a very good show and enjoyable for the most part from start to finish. I think it was nice adaptation of the Light Novels.

8/10 overall. And I can definitely see myself giving a re-watch in the future.

Now to watch the Extra Edition and wait for Season 2.
Jun 11, 2014 11:25 PM

Dec 2012
To quote and respond to my thoughts from 2012:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Despite my complaints with the rest of the series, I enjoyed how this episode tied things up. The final scene felt like a fitting end for SAO. Not looking forward to a season 2, but I have no complaints if it's done right.

Contrary to what I said last time, now that a season 2 is less than a month away I'm more than looking forward to it. I think it would be cool if it starts with them clearing the floor 100 boss in Aincrad. Once again I feel that final scene captured the gaming spirit behind SAO well and ended it on a happy note. As for my complaints...well I'll divide my thoughts up into two parts.

SAO - 7.5/10

As a whole I feel like I see this first portion in a better light. What bothered me the most last time were the multiple time skips and side story adventures (eps 3-7), but now I actually enjoyed them and felt they contributed to the world building well enough. I also enjoyed the Yui arc a bit more and the peaceful side of SAO was a nice touch. I like how it did touch up on themes about reality and the psychological state of the players, but I feel like it could have gone further with 25 episodes. My only huge complaint with this part is that it was too short, which led to a rushed game world and missed possibilities. Still exceptionally good though.

ALO - 6/10

I like the game world and enjoyed most of it for what it was, but I felt it was a waste to cut SAO short for ALO and I felt that the overall story was equally underwhelming compared to the first portion. One dimension rapeman Sugou, the random incest, and turning Asuna into a tragic damsel in distress at the waking mercy of horny programmers were all major turn offs that made me feel like 11 good episodes were wasted, not only delivering a mediocre second story but also halving the full potential of the first. With that said, I still found it to be decent but the potential wasted is still irksome.

Overall I'm going to say a solid 7/10 for SAO, sticking with my original score. It was nice to come back and clear away any doubts caused by all of the backlash this series received.
Jun 14, 2014 9:41 PM

May 2014
Loved this fucking amine, finished it just now and episode 15 had me tears..... Cant wait for the second season(july 5th) Kirito x Asuna <3
Jun 15, 2014 5:13 AM

Aug 2008
so point of SaO is FTP wins over pay per month?
Jun 15, 2014 6:59 AM

Mar 2008
overall it's 08/10, but the end is not so great!
Jun 20, 2014 2:05 AM

Oct 2013
The first half was so much better in my opinion,but overall 9/10 from me.Great series looking forward to season 2.

Jun 25, 2014 7:56 PM

Jan 2013
It was okay, basically the definition of average. A lot of the 2nd arc was me thinking about how mediocre it became with all the anime tropes thrown in and no sense of danger which was a problem in the first arc. Kirito's ambition was probably the only "human" quality of his we see besides he's knack for being a suave gentleman which made it hard to connect with him. What I mean is that he's so perfect, that his drive to save Asuna was the only thing that made me understand his position.

I didn't think the 2nd arc was as bad as everyone is saying. The first one wasn't even that great. We got to see actual development with Kirito and his cousin and their backstory - the former of which I would have liked to have seen with Asuna and Kirito. I liked the ending with Kirito fighting the GM IRL and the after effects of this game.

I felt that there was no depth to the characters or the situations they were put in. This was just a fairytale "boy saves girl" kinda story. I almost think there needs to be a Shoujo tag on this since it's easy to see why girls would eat this up.

During Kirito's monologue about how the real world and the virtual one are not so different, it made me feel that this was a point that should have been touched on a little earlier but the examples of this can be seen throughout. This theme was a strong point in the show. The OST was good but I swear I heard the "main theme" in almost every fight scene.

This is an average show and it was just okay. I was pushing myself to get through the middle of it but I did enjoy the ending.
phantom19Jun 27, 2014 9:18 AM
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 25, 2014 10:47 PM

Jun 2014
phantom19 said:
It was okay, basically the definition of average. A lot of the 2nd arc was me thinking about how mediocre it became with all the anime tropes thrown in and no sense of danger which was a problem in the first arc. Kirito's ambition was probably the only "human" quality of his we see besides he's knack for being a suave gentleman which made it hard to connect with him. What I mean is that he's so perfect, that his drive to save Asuna was the only thing that made me understand his position.

I didn't think the 2nd arc was as bad as everyone is saying. The first one wasn't even that great. We got to see actual development with Kirito and his cousin and their backstory - the former of which I would have liked to have seen with Asuna and Kirito. I liked the ending with Kirito fighting the GM IRL and the after effects of this game.

I felt that there was no depth to the characters or the situations they were put in. This was just a fairytale "boy saves girl" kinda story. I almost think there needs to be a Shoujo tag on this since it's easy to see why girls would eat this up.

During Kirito's monologue about how the real world and the virtual one are not so different, it made me feel that this was a point that should have been touched on a little earlier but the examples of this can be seen throughout. This theme was a strong point in the show. The OST was okay but I swear I heard the "main theme" in almost every fight scene.

This is an average show and it was just okay. I was pushing myself to get through the middle of it but I did enjoy the ending.

The reason a lot of people hate the second arc compared to the first is the magnitude in difference between the two and their effectiveness to convey what Kayaba (and Reki -> LN author) were attempting to do. There is huge development in the first arc (though it feels rush because they fit 2 years into 15 episodes) where Kirito grows from a selfish survival-driven character into one that's damaged brutally by the loss of people he feels responsible for, to realizing his love for Asuna (which serves as an encompassing arc that reflects upon his abandonment of Klein and his tragic loss with Sachi).

Arc two is a simple plot progression between the now static and grounded love Kirito has for Asuna and his complicated semi-incestuous relationship with his adopted family's sister. It follows tragically linear plot that revolves around him being incredibly OP as a level 1 character in fairy land who beats the entire game within a 2-3 day span.

Both arcs are cliche (everything is cliche now since all the original ideas are sculpted from a variety of hackneyed projects), but at least arc 1 hits home at a character who gradually grows from a selfish survivor, to one who prefers solitude over the possibility of losing those he/she cares about, to a teenager who's grown in an "apocalyptic" atmosphere and discovered the one meaning in the game that serves as the catalyst to his catharsis of the past.

Just my thoughts(:

Oh, rating is 9/10.

Explanation: Despite its pallor to the first arc, the second arc ended rather well with the last two episodes, which served as a quick climax into denouement and conclusion. We see elements from the first arc reflected in Kazuto's final fight with Sagou. His inability to actually finish Sagou with the throat slit is an elucidation of Kazuto's growth since the first episode (and the death he's seen throughout his journey).

This, tied along with his impetuous desire to rescue Asuna, is a conclusion to the emptiness he's felt in reality (mentioned in previous episodes) and underscores the ambitions of Kayaba in the first arc: where virtual reality's lines begin to blur with reality. Kazuto's remark in earlier episodes about how the virtual reality is an actual reflection of one's true nature is realized when he spares Sagou. Both characters (Sagou and Kazuto, whom are anitheses) are syntheses of Kazuto's statement and conclude arcs 1 and 2 and their respective themes.
XariJun 25, 2014 10:55 PM

Jun 28, 2014 11:15 AM

Jun 2014
I agree with most that the Aincrad Arc was far stronger than the Fairy Dance Arc, but I am happy that both made it to the screen. I think that Kirito's unflinching resolve to save Asuna, and his unwavering feeling for her made for a good enough core to the storyline. I liked the introduction of Sugu and her toon Leafa, and that whole storyline between her and Kirito, although I'm not quite sure how it resolved. Or perhaps it isn't? I wish that Asuna had done... something... anything more, as it was pretty strange to have her go from uber badass to completely helpless. But I guess that Kirito wouldn't really have much of a mission if Asuna could take care of herself.

Anywho, I'll be re-watching the whole series in the next week or so, and am curious to see how I feel about this episode after really soaking up all the details from the full season again.
Jun 28, 2014 6:41 PM

Apr 2014
The epitome of overrated bullshit.
Jul 2, 2014 11:43 AM

Apr 2010
Beautiful show :)
Jul 5, 2014 4:29 AM

Nov 2009
This is a great generic anime.
Jul 5, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2010
bloodphoenixsux said:
The epitome of overrated bullshit.

This.
Jul 12, 2014 8:09 PM
Dec 2011
can someone tell me what kirito said at the end of this episode please?
Jul 14, 2014 12:10 AM

Jul 2008
Of course Sugou had to try to be a douche in real life too, I didn't want Kirito to kill him, but maybe stab him a few times in the arms and hands so he can never use them again? other than that nice wrap up.
Jul 14, 2014 7:50 PM
May 2014
What a terrible first season ending arc. SOA pulls it through to be an 8/10 for me.

SOA vs ALO. SOA was better in each and every way.

Looking forward to GGO though. I have heard it is the same level as SOA. (It better be.)
Jul 17, 2014 2:50 PM
Jan 2010
So, basically, Kirito and pals are enabling ANYONE to be a new kabaya and sasuga guy now through ZA SEEDO?
THIS is what they learned from 2 years of video game induced coma?

This writing, it brings tears to my eyes. Bravo.
Jul 17, 2014 3:01 PM

Dec 2008
I finally got to watch SAO, it was ok. The first part was outstanding, the second half kind of unnecessary (To my point of view).

Looking forward to watch season two.
Jul 18, 2014 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
I finally had some time to watch this as well.

The first half was pretty damn good, the relationship between Kirito and Asuna progressing was adorable. and some of the fights got me pumped.

The 2nd arc in AOL though, was still fun. But I was gutted that Asuna was caged up and not able to play as well, but that was the point of the story and the goal for Kirito.

Yui was cute as hell. Damn Sakuya. Sugu was cute, and awesome as Leafa. But I was cringing at the whole 'being in love with Kirgaya/Kirito' stuff. Bless her.. Recon was annoying as shit, but you have to have some kind o' annoying characters.

Klein and Mills were awesome lads.

I enjoyed it overall. Loved the battle scenes and most of the characters. The OST was pretty rad at points too.
Jul 29, 2014 11:02 AM

Jul 2014
I put off the hype for some time, and now that I've finished it all I wish I hadn't.

Wonderful story. I'm planning on reading the LN next, but the series is a 10/10 for me.
Aug 3, 2014 7:45 AM

Nov 2013
This was the lamest ending I have seen in an anime, and I watched a lot of anime. Well the series overall was really good though, but that episode 25 was unnecessary.
Aug 5, 2014 4:11 AM

May 2008
Boring.

It's a decent anime, but never was the best. I don't get the hype.
Aug 13, 2014 4:27 AM

May 2013
Knife Fight! Aw yeah, slashing! Taint the snow with your blood!
But Kirito the Merciful spared Sugou. Maybe next time.
Good thing they're at a hospital.

Reunion kiss! (^_^)
Hooray, Lisbeth and Silica! And others.

The Seed is freakin' awesome. At least Kirito's not OP anymore, I hope.
I guess SAO ended beautifully. It could have been better, but I'm satisfied enough! (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 15, 2014 10:13 AM

Apr 2014
Was so worried he was going to die for the first couple of minutes, and then the reunion :') :') and whilst because he survived and everything ended on a happy note it borders on being cheesy and some people will hate it for that, I for one was left with a smile on my face that it all ended well!

Great anime :D
Aug 25, 2014 5:02 PM

May 2014
Pretty good, I really enjoyed it! On to season 2!

SAO = 9/10
ALO = 7.5/10
Sep 1, 2014 11:17 AM
Jul 2011
This whole series was quite intriguing watching it and seeing why exactly it got so much more popular than others of similar quality that simply faded away. Regardless the ending final parts was actually good and tie in a lot aspects and themes from the series overall (my favorite theme being the reflection of oneself in game and out of game).

phantom19 said:

During Kirito's monologue about how the real world and the virtual one are not so different, it made me feel that this was a point that should have been touched on a little earlier but the examples of this can be seen throughout. This theme was a strong point in the show.

Yeah I felt that ALO arc wasn't that bad, it was Sugou who dragged it down but the pacing otherwise was much, much better than SAO arc and relationship building felt more natural between Suguha and Kirito even if it wasn't the ideal pair in the end.

SAO was more ambitious with an overall grander goal and consequences along with trying to show Kirito evolve as a person but overall it just felt rushed way too much and made characters have no depth or the climax of events that's supposed to be a big deal had no weight at all.

If SAO ambitious plot combined with the pacing and relationship building of ALO it would truly be as amazing as the hype lead me to believe. Otherwise, the series was just decent at its best.
Gen2K_Sep 2, 2014 6:09 AM
Sep 1, 2014 3:20 PM

Mar 2014
TSM_Flux said:
I put off the hype for some time, and now that I've finished it all I wish I hadn't.

Wonderful story. I'm planning on reading the LN next, but the series is a 10/10 for me.

NiaSenpai said:
Beautiful show :)

TheNeko says otherwise
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=158791
Sep 7, 2014 5:40 AM

Aug 2014
One word - Wow
Some people might hype about the show and some hate, in my opinion it was a well constructed anime, I loved every minute of Sword Art Online. The soundtracks did really fit the scenes, the only drawback I saw was maybe the too much fangirlism around our hero. Overall I would give a 9 out of 10, regardless the weak second part, I'm sure it had a reason to be like that.
Sep 10, 2014 1:37 AM

Jul 2013
My opinion and forum: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1268127
“You should respect each other and refrain from disputes; you should not, like water and oil, repel each other, but should, like milk and water, mingle together.” -Buddha
Sep 20, 2014 8:46 PM
Jul 2014
finally finished! they have a pretty cool premise to keep the show going another season so I can't wait to watch it (even though I'll probably wait a few months before doing so)

Also, very glad they played the outro music from the start of the season, nice touch!
Oct 12, 2014 11:33 PM

Apr 2010
The story was okkkkk
but wtf with the fan service??? .. it was this --> <--- close to be hentai
specially the last episodes
seriusly.. tentacles?? an almost rape scene... wtf with the licking part
nope nope nope

skip skip skip...
Oct 17, 2014 6:49 PM

Feb 2013
1. Hospitals have security cameras. Smart move attacking a kid there...
2. SAO Asuna is better than ALO Asuna

I enjoyed the ALO arc more this time around. Probably because I knew what to expect: Kirito harem rather than the romance from before. It's still nowhere near SAO. When Asuna isn't in the action, things are just lacking. ALO really should have been saved for a second season. It just doesn't fit with SAO.

"The Seed" is a pretty interesting concept from a programming and code architecture standpoint. The problem is character sharing across worlds. It would be very difficult without restricting creative freedoms to the point that the whole thing becomes pointless.

ALO: 7/10 (upgrade from 6 because I did enjoy it more this time)
BurntJellyOct 17, 2014 6:53 PM
Nov 25, 2014 9:25 AM
Jun 2013
This show had so much potential, but it was ruined by bad pacing and a strange decision to make two teenagers mother and father. There was also the sister- brother love which I definitely didn't care for, and ALO. I couldn't even take ALO seriously and dropped this show for a year. But I finally finished this. It's such a shame because the beginning was incredible. If they had kept a steady pace it could have been so great.
Dec 9, 2014 12:18 AM
Oct 2014
lmao the "reunion" was soooo lame i didnt know who anyone was. and not rlly enjoying the incestuous themes either /:
Dec 9, 2014 5:30 PM

Oct 2014
When Kirito got stabbed I actually said "what the FUCK?!?", I thought that after all that he may die but thank god he didn't. Seeing him and Asuna reunite in the real world was great and I love that it worked out for them. The reunion party of SAO players was also great but I'm honestly kind of disappointed that Suguha was the big part of the last scene or two, I wanted it to be the original SAO crew or Kirito and Asuna.

And what did Kirito say in the end?!?!?

I like the idea of bringing back the SAO world (Aincrad) so that all the players can go back and experience it the way they were meant to, and all together, and I also liked the World Seed concept.

It was also nice to bring back the original OP (which was great) for the end credits of this episode!

Overall, a solid episode that was a good conclusion to an overall good series. I liked the SAO arc more than the ALO arc, but I actually liked both overall and I'll definitely watch season 2 soon.
Pages (29) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best anime ? ( 1 2 3 )

inthelovedotorg - Jun 11

111 by Miszmoon »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2012

664 by Forum »»
Jul 4, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2012

642 by Forum »»
Jul 4, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2012

797 by Forum »»
Jul 4, 8:05 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2012

1302 by Forum »»
Jul 4, 7:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.