Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2017 9:42 AM

Dec 2013
Such a beautiful end to their story. Yeah I know they skipped out all the relationship development portions and all the hardships that they both had to go through in order to end with one another at the end, but think about it this way. Does everyone else air their hardships or whatever on Facebook or Instagram or whatever? Most of the time you see only the happy shit anyway. The way the producers and directors did it presented the theme of the show very well. It's as good of an innocent coming of age first love story as any, and considering how both are each other's first loves, it sort of made sense at how simple both of them made things, neither of them were carrying any excess baggage here.

The biggest shame for me was that we never got to see just how the rest of their friends ended up. Seriously we need a side episode purely for Roman and their Sensei.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 2, 2017 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
Beautiful...I really loved this anime.

In the end they got married and had children.

That's my favorite type of endings.
Jul 2, 2017 1:21 PM

Aug 2016
The entire anime I was either crying or having a big smile. it's been a while since I cried so hard for an ending watching anime.... Anime like this is the reason why I watch anime. 10/10. Masterpiece!
Nanika ga Okashii
Jul 2, 2017 2:24 PM

Jan 2012
A nice romance anime and at the end, I was happy to see them grown up and having a new born child

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jul 2, 2017 3:08 PM
May 2015
dont think ive ever seen mal overrate an anime to this level
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2017 4:29 PM

Oct 2012
The perfect ending, conclusive at it should be!

The part with Chinatsu was kinda weird as she confessed to him like two times before already but I guess it doesn't matter as the rest ended so well.

Really glad they stayed together even during those three years. And really appreciate the afterstory.

I really liked and enjoyed this anime. It's one of those hidden gems you only find out rarely. It had its flaws on the way but in the end it wrapped everything up in the best way.

8/10 One of best romances I've seen lately. Yes, there was Kimi no na wa or Kuzu no Honkai and those were even better but Tsuki ga Kirei still shines very brigthly. I recommend it with all my heart.
Jul 2, 2017 8:22 PM
Mar 2016
KingKatsura said:

Lol Overate? IMDb and Anime Planet both game it an above 8.5 and 8 score respectively. And BD Sales in Japan for the anime blew up from top 400 to top 30 after the Finale. I don't know if it can be called "Overrated".
Jul 2, 2017 8:27 PM

Feb 2009
hmm I agree with the overrated statement...

The anime turned out as expected based on the first episode tbh, the bitch friend (should've listened to her sister, and no I don't feel sorry or sympathetic at all...it was clearly crossing the line and not what she said she was going to do. Talk about taking advantage of your friend in the worst way possible...and then the series goes on and pretends nothing ever happened and she even had the gall to make the "she was my friend" excuse), the whole girl pack complete with ganging up at the bathroom, the whole "have the entire damn school overreact over something that isn't even a big deal or out of the ordinary" business, the shitty people in general...if I had to say it, it felt like the series was trying to be "realistic" and shove all the bad parts in to create all this nonsense drama to get in the way.

I don't really get a lot of the reviews up that try to paint this as some sweet love story free of drama. It may not be as obvious as other drama series, but it is very much there, just in a more subtle but sinister kind of way, especially from Akane's perspective. Azumi at least have some people that are supportive.

The couple is cute , but it felt like they were the excuse for all of the above rather than the point of the show.
Jul 2, 2017 8:49 PM

Jun 2013
EinTheVariance said:

The anime turned out as expected based on the first episode tbh, the bitch friend (should've listened to her sister, and no I don't feel sorry or sympathetic at all...it was clearly crossing the line and not what she said she was going to do. Talk about taking advantage of your friend in the worst way possible...and then the series goes on and pretends nothing ever happened and she even had the gall to make the "she was my friend" excuse), the whole girl pack complete with ganging up at the bathroom, the whole "have the entire damn school overreact over something that isn't even a big deal or out of the ordinary" business, the shitty people in general...if I had to say it, it felt like the series was trying to be "realistic" and shove all the bad parts in to create all this nonsense drama to get in the way.

I don't really get a lot of the reviews up that try to paint this as some sweet love story free of drama. It may not be as obvious as other drama series, but it is very much there, just in a more subtle but sinister kind of way, especially from Akane's perspective. Azumi at least have some people that are supportive.

The couple is cute , but it felt like they were the excuse for all of the above rather than the point of the show.

In my opinion it all comes down to preference... i would argue that i still think its underrated but thats just me.
And about the drama free part.... its not that there was no drama, its the fact that almost all of the drama was solved quicly and easily and wasnt as drawn out as many other series.
Jul 2, 2017 8:51 PM

Jun 2013
People are free to like or dislike this anime all they want, but i now worry that this will just become another series that people hate because it became popular.
Jul 2, 2017 8:57 PM
Mar 2016
EinTheVariance said:

Well, I respect your opinions towards your thoughts on the anime, so thanks for giving your opinion.

Firstly, I think the series doesn't try to pretend it never happened, it's always left a subtle and lingering doubt on Akane throughout the series I could feel that emotionally distances them from each other. Being young, Chinatsu doesn't think through about the effects her confession to Azumi would've had on Akane, since she's known Akane for 3 years, Chinatsu is most likely aware that she has anxiety problems.

Crushes being a big deal in middle school? It's kind of like that. Crushes and couples are the main topics, In case it's related to a super popular school athlete which is Akane, suddenly dumping Hira, the boy everyone else thought Akane would date, for a quiet nobody in Azumi, that's bound to catch gossip in school.

Lastly, the drama was used more as a plot point to help solidify their relationship I think, I admit it may not be the most creative but it works in the romance genre, rather without the drama the itself would be devoid of any obstacles and struggles that I think any story would need to help fully shape or define its characters.

Though I do understand your points, just wanted to throw my two cents in there.

SakurasouBusters said:
People are free to like or dislike this all they want, but i now worry that this will just become another series that people hate because it became popular.

Welp, I just also realized that, it's a bit disconcerting. The fact it broke into the top 250 in rankings, may give viewers high expectations going in.
GrimoirreJul 2, 2017 9:05 PM
Jul 2, 2017 9:02 PM

Jun 2011
First, this is a romance. As a romance, this is a good romance. Romance with happy ending. Not enough. It has nice downplayed drama. I like drama as my favorite genre. Overrated? No. It is just what people wanted from a series. Why not rate it high? It is exactly what this genre should be.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jul 2, 2017 9:11 PM

Jun 2013
Grimoirre said:
EinTheVariance said:

Well, I respect your opinions towards your thoughts on the anime, so thanks for giving your opinion.

Firstly, I think the series doesn't try to pretend it never happened, it's always left a subtle and lingering doubt on Akane throughout the series I could feel that emotionally distances them from each other. Being young, Chinatsu doesn't think through about the effects her confession to Azumi would've had on Akane, since she's known Akane for 3 years, Chinatsu is most likely aware that she has anxiety problems.

Crushes being a big deal in middle school? It's kind of like that. Crushes and couples are the main topics, In case it's related to a super popular school athlete which is Akane, suddenly dumping Hira, the boy everyone else thought Akane would date, for a quiet nobody in Azumi, that's bound to catch gossip in school.

Lastly, the drama was used more as a plot point to help solidify their relationship I think, I admit it may not be the most creative but it works in the romance genre, rather without the drama the itself would be devoid of any obstacles and struggles that I think any story would need to help fully shape or define its characters.

SakurasouBusters said:
People are free to like or dislike this all they want, but i now worry that this will just become another series that people hate because it became popular.

Welp, I just also realized that, it's a bit disconcerting. The fact it broke into the top 250 in rankings, may give viewers high expectations going in.

Forget top 250, its pretty much top 200 now, i think that its well deserved, but besides a few select people in this thread its pretty overwhelmingly loved... i mean look at the poll for this episode!
Jul 2, 2017 9:34 PM
uwu

Mar 2014
Great ending. Even in overall I don't like this anime because of the MC is so cringy (not surprised since he's still in middle school tbh) but damn, this episode give me feels. I would like to see the second season where they live seperated and how they overcome the hardship of being in long distance relationship, and hopefully the MC become more mature and less cringy this time.
Jul 2, 2017 10:07 PM

Aug 2013
This was a great show.

I kind of picked it up on a whim, and then ended up having it backlogged because of watching so many other things. Then ended up binge watching it when there was like 10 episodes out.

I hope to god everybody watched the credits. I wasn't really paying attention at first and the text conversations didn't look important...but damn that was a subtle little epilogue there. Once I realized that the texts weren't just little recaps or anything and that they were progressing as a story I had to go back and watch it over. It was great seeing them first talk about school and being sick, then getting jobs. And you could see their contact names for each other change over time: from little pet names, to boyfriend/girlfriend, to "my man" etc...finally ends with Wife/My Hubby. Had the prepping of Akane's wedding kimono. And finally the final frame with them married which was a nice way to end it.

I personally hate ambiguous endings, so I liked that they wrapped it up nicely. I always like knowing exactly what happens to the stories of the characters I've become invested in. Whenever something ends ambiguously for me, its always in a way where something sad or uninteresting could've happened and I just sit there stewing on it thinking that maybe if the author did make it conclusive it would be that bad route. I LIKE MUH HAPPEH ENDZ.

Some people said they should've saved all that credit/post credit stuff for a finale movie, but this was an anime original project. Everyone is assuming a movie would just happen. That would be 100% entirely dependent on sales for this kind of project, and who knows if it would be popular enough to warrant it even though reception was mostly positive. I liked it =/= I'm going to spend money on BDs.

Also...what's to stop them from making a movie anyway? Just because the credits gave it away doesn't mean that those little texting scenes weren't filled with loads of events in-between. Their time post middle school up till marriage is an entire story in itself if they felt inclined to tell it.
Jul 2, 2017 10:21 PM

Feb 2009
Grimoirre said:

SakurasouBusters said:

I don't know. I'm not even talking about the confession. I'm talking about the whole episode where she continually hit on him knowing they were dating, even to the point of taking her seat on the roller coaster with her being right there. On top of that, you can even say that at the same time, she tried to pair Akane with Hira while knowing she was already dating Azumi, as we got that whole scene where she was "sorry" for inviting Hira since her plan didn't work out. Don't forget as well that what she said to Akane was that she was going to confess for closure. Does that require her sitting next to him on the roller coaster? Or him calling her by her first name? It certainly doesn't look like someone who is looking for closure to me.

I'd like to say you are right and that she is just young and insensitive, but there are parts in the series where she explicitly took into consideration that Azumi and Akane were dating, so...this is why I say the series pretended it didn't happen really. I mean, by the end of ep 12, they were bawling their eyes out as if they had been the best of friends without ever resolving or talking about what happened at all.

As for the whole crushes being a big deal...I get it to a certain extent, although when we're talking about an era where the middle schoolers are fucking like rabbits in a love hotel, that it became as big of a talk point that it did...and then when it came up again when the school somehow found out that he wanted to go to the same school as her, it's like wow, big surprise there, boyfriend wanted to go to the same school as the girlfriend...

Well, I'm not really complaining about obstacles that help them grew. I don't think that excuses what happened though. There are a billion other ways to go about it without having the heroine's friend coming on to the boyfriend and then dissipating the entire thing afterwards as if it didn't happen.

Anyway, I don't think the anime is terrible overall or anything despite everything I've said. I just don't think it's as good as everyone seems to make it out to be. Even ignoring the entire Chinatsu ordeal, his struggles as a middle school kid with nagging mother isn't anything special or to be excited about, neither is her thing as an unstable ace runner who understandably gets her performance affected by her emotions as a middle schooler. Their relationship is cute and all, but again, nothing particularly amazing or different than other romance series I don't think. The good ending that we got was even in a slideshow form...
Jul 2, 2017 11:30 PM

Dec 2016
Absolutely beautiful, the only thing I didn't like about it was that now there is no chance of there being a whole other season when they were in high school and beyond, but damn this was a great, lovely time
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 3, 2017 12:08 AM

Apr 2016
Jonesy974 said:
This was a great show.

I kind of picked it up on a whim, and then ended up having it backlogged because of watching so many other things. Then ended up binge watching it when there was like 10 episodes out.

I hope to god everybody watched the credits. I wasn't really paying attention at first and the text conversations didn't look important...but damn that was a subtle little epilogue there. Once I realized that the texts weren't just little recaps or anything and that they were progressing as a story I had to go back and watch it over. It was great seeing them first talk about school and being sick, then getting jobs. And you could see their contact names for each other change over time: from little pet names, to boyfriend/girlfriend, to "my man" etc...finally ends with Wife/My Hubby. Had the prepping of Akane's wedding kimono. And finally the final frame with them married which was a nice way to end it.

<snip>

I suspect a lot of binge watchers may have missed the importance of these LINE chats at the end of each episode. They were not subbed, but there's a blog somewhere with the English translations of the full ED chats from Ep 1 to 11, and there's actually more text than what was shown at the end of Ep 12.

The sheer brilliance is that the chats were not in sequential order earlier, which caused us weekly watchers to wonder at their relevance; and it was fun speculating in between episodes whether they represented our MCs at all. That the studio used them as THE most important part of the show still blows my mind.

You can liken it to a clever plot twist; as someone had mentioned, Studio Feel had spoiled the ending for us all the way since episode 1. We just never saw it even though it was staring at us all along.

This just emphasizes how the show has been consistently all about subtlety and that their best parts were in the after credits. Brilliant, briliiant writing.
Jul 3, 2017 12:10 AM
Mar 2016
EinTheVariance said:
Grimoirre said:

I don't know. I'm not even talking about the confession. I'm talking about the whole episode where she continually hit on him knowing they were dating, even to the point of taking her seat on the roller coaster with her being right there. On top of that, you can even say that at the same time, she tried to pair Akane with Hira while knowing she was already dating Azumi, as we got that whole scene where she was "sorry" for inviting Hira since her plan didn't work out. Don't forget as well that what she said to Akane was that she was going to confess for closure. Does that require her sitting next to him on the roller coaster? Or him calling her by her first name? It certainly doesn't look like someone who is looking for closure to me.

I'd like to say you are right and that she is just young and insensitive, but there are parts in the series where she explicitly took into consideration that Azumi and Akane were dating, so...this is why I say the series pretended it didn't happen really. I mean, by the end of ep 12, they were bawling their eyes out as if they had been the best of friends without ever resolving or talking about what happened at all.

As for the whole crushes being a big deal...I get it to a certain extent, although when we're talking about an era where the middle schoolers are fucking like rabbits in a love hotel, that it became as big of a talk point that it did...and then when it came up again when the school somehow found out that he wanted to go to the same school as her, it's like wow, big surprise there, boyfriend wanted to go to the same school as the girlfriend...

Well, I'm not really complaining about obstacles that help them grew. I don't think that excuses what happened though. There are a billion other ways to go about it without having the heroine's friend coming on to the boyfriend and then dissipating the entire thing afterwards as if it didn't happen.

Anyway, I don't think the anime is terrible overall or anything despite everything I've said. I just don't think it's as good as everyone seems to make it out to be. Even ignoring the entire Chinatsu ordeal, his struggles as a middle school kid with nagging mother isn't anything special or to be excited about, neither is her thing as an unstable ace runner who understandably gets her performance affected by her emotions as a middle schooler. Their relationship is cute and all, but again, nothing particularly amazing or different than other romance series I don't think. The good ending that we got was even in a slideshow form...

Yes, Tsuki ga Kirei wasn't a Kimi no na wa but it set out to achieve the goals it had set as romance anime, no overused archetypes, no drawn out arguments or misunderstandings, focus on a developing couple and a definitive happy ending. It wasn't anything especially ground breaking, but it was the solid execution of a show that breaks the usual romance tropes set in most shows, and that to me is refreshing.

Just checked Reedit and despite some minor complaints everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy the whole series and its ending.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/6kfjkz/spoilers_tsuki_ga_kirei_episode_12_discussion/?sort=new

In the end though it really just comes down to personal taste and apparently, lots of people enjoy it. Is it flawed? Yes, no show isn't even I have my gripes about the show. I have anime I don't enjoy that people do so I understand where you're coming from. At the end of it all, our love for certain shows really is just subjective.
Jul 3, 2017 1:34 AM
Jun 2017
This anime was beautiful. The love between Kotarou and Akane (ship name Kotakane) was so realistic, lovely, heart warming, made me tear up. I'm glad I came across it. It kind of inspires me and gives me courage to try with the girl I'm in love with. Funny thing, girl I like and Akane look alike, smart in school, and is a part of a sport team.
Jul 3, 2017 2:05 AM

Oct 2016
The feels. I love this kind of love story where the couple are both timid with each other.. The ending feels so great.. This is the best anime romance that I've watched so far.
Jul 3, 2017 2:45 AM
Jul 2014
Hands down this is one of the greatest endings I've watched in a while. Beautiful anime! Very very nostalgic... Never thought I could relate to an anime this much, it just hit the right spots.

Will remember this one for a long time :)
Jul 3, 2017 3:37 AM

Apr 2015
The ending was OVERKILL and I freakin' love it. This, for sure, is probably one of the best shows that I've seen in my entire life. I literally can't sleep lol
Jul 3, 2017 8:19 AM

Mar 2016
Was really glad to see his writing play such a big role in the end. Overall very good, but could have had less tomboy drama and more intimate relationship building between the two.
Jul 3, 2017 12:37 PM

Jan 2017
I'm happy the anime got a boost in its rating. Thoroughly deserved in my opinion.
Jul 3, 2017 12:46 PM
Jul 3, 2017 2:37 PM
Oct 2013
Great ending. Love the show. 8/10
Jul 3, 2017 2:50 PM

Sep 2013
A good show, rather rare middle-school SoL romance. Have to admit pretty 'feel' ep after some drama. But have to say, the romantic shorts of other couples were pretty fun (wished more expansion on it). The constant "umms" and Kota's croaking were a bit irksome, but the atmosphere suited the show and its plot.

Wow, the end credits were actually KotaxAkane banter throughout their datings and post-marriage!!!
Jul 3, 2017 4:23 PM

Feb 2014
This show was absolutely amazing. Wow. This is the romance show I've been waiting for! Realistic, simple, slow and developed romance, and great characters. We need more romance shows like this, I hope this does decent in BD sales!
Jul 3, 2017 4:35 PM

Nov 2016
A moving , touching finale and Tbh my eyes got teary :.........(( , It's a really an enjoyable anime so touching in many moments especially the Finale it really got me in there and i'm really sad that it ended , The characters were beautiful , An amazing love story , It kinda reminded me of Kimi No Na Wa which is literally Legendary and indescribable i seriously don't have the words to describe it i just let my emotions cover it all ... Anyways i liked this anime and i really enjoyed it a cool love story and it ended pretty well , they both married in the end and that's a nice way of ending it , But in this episode , the scene where Akane ran i was like " what the fuck are you doing and where the fuck are you going ???!!! " but then they made up in a great way and when Kotarou saw her comment " What happens next ? " i was like STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP SERIOUSLT STOPPPP MY HEART IS MELTING YOUR MAKING ME SUFFER xDDDDD , Yup it holds a big meaning and it really got me there so bad :.......................................((( ... ANYWAYS an amazing ending with a great story , Good job to everyone who made this beautiful anime and i hope you make more C: , Looking Forward !!!!
Jul 3, 2017 5:52 PM

Nov 2014
Seriously this series is damn good, the romance is not excessive, the story pace is neither slow or fast

And almost all characterization and events that occurs fit in to current reality.

it shows how akane and koutarou build their relationship with their cute and bashful attitude, and how they deal with their dream, another persons feeling toward them(eg. chinatsu and hira)

it also shows in short episodes how their friends doing their dating life in their age like :
  • shou and setsuko with their unhealthy relationship,
  • the cute and funny pair of miuxinaba and kanekoxaira,
  • ayane sister's and his boyfirend,
  • and last but not least the cute relationship between roman and sensei lol XD

bastek66 said:
Beautiful

r16fourarmJul 3, 2017 10:02 PM
Jul 3, 2017 7:29 PM

Sep 2014
You know you love an anime when you cry. I certainly did... ;-;
Jul 3, 2017 8:06 PM

Dec 2015
Well I really wish they could've made that ending montage into an OVA or another season. just want to see how they were able to manage their relationship and stay devoted to each other, cause honestly to me a middle schooler relationship and a long distance relationship is highly unlikely this days. sigh geezzz...

Thats my only complaint, I'm just kinda disappointed at that because since Episode 1 they have already shown how a realistic couple should be, their meeting, the awkwardness, their reactions, the pain and all look so natural.

Yeah anyways, I'm really glad this was a happy ending!

This is truly one of a kind romance stories, very simplistic and nostalgic.
I also feelin a bit of shinkai vibes on the scenery/Landscapes because they were surprisingly so stunning and well done, Animation (mostly humans) may seem a little wonky to me but eh I could live with that!
Overall this was a very good Romance anime that needs more appreciation!

QueenSapphireJul 3, 2017 8:11 PM
Jul 3, 2017 8:36 PM
May 2015
Jak said:
KingKatsura said:
People are raving about it. How are they overrating it if they genuinely enjoyed it?
cause its not that good? one of the most average romances i ever seen. main couple has no chemistry to the point that their romance doesnt even feel real in spite of the series ardent attempt to masquerade as some hyper-realistic look at a young couple by subverting standard tropes.

and that awful CGI doesn't get a pass
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2017 8:51 PM

Oct 2016
KingKatsura said:
Jak said:
People are raving about it. How are they overrating it if they genuinely enjoyed it?
cause its not that good? one of the most average romances i ever seen. main couple has no chemistry to the point that their romance doesnt even feel real in spite of the series ardent attempt to masquerade as some hyper-realistic look at a young couple by subverting standard tropes.

And that's your opinion, the majority seems to be enjoying it so you can continue to complain and whine in the minority, but nothing will happen so why waste your time?
Jul 3, 2017 9:03 PM
Mar 2016
KingKatsura said:
Jak said:

Once again, I'll bring it up. Love certain anime or hate it, it's all subjective towards an individual opinion. Saying it sucks why anyone would want to watch this is beyond me is like saying though "Your Lie in April was decent but not good, which means the anime was just subpar I don't get what so good about it" which is fine since it's your subjective view on the show, but when you push and insult other watchers tastes by saying the anime isn't good its essentially ignoring the opinions of other people that personally loved that anime inplace of your own. Constructive critique is welcome, but full on bashing a show for not molding into your own expectation is just low.

There are people that hate or drop shows like Code Geass, or Steins;Gate but that doesn't make the show any way worse at the least.

GrimoirreJul 3, 2017 9:09 PM
Jul 3, 2017 9:12 PM
May 2015
Jak said:
KingKatsura said:

And that's your opinion, the majority seems to be enjoying it so you can continue to complain and whine in the minority, but nothing will happen so why waste your time?
i cant say i think an anime is overrated? no one should ever go against what the divine myanimelist majority has decided to score an anime? code geass season 2 is the best thign ever!
Jul 3, 2017 9:12 PM
May 2015
Grimoirre said:
KingKatsura said:

Once again, I'll bring it up. Love certain anime or hate it, it's all subjective towards an individual opinion. Saying it sucks why anyone would want to watch this is beyond me is like saying though "Your Lie in April was decent but not good, which means the anime was just subpar I don't get what so good about it" which is fine since it's your subjective view on the show, but when you push and insult other watchers tastes by saying the anime isn't good its essentially ignoring the opinions of other people that personally loved that anime inplace of your own. Constructive critique is welcome, but full on bashing a show for not molding into your own expectation is just low.

There are people that hate or drop shows like Code Geass, or Steins;Gate but that doesn't make the show any way worse at the least.

your lie in april sucks too

mal is awful at judging romances
Jul 3, 2017 10:56 PM

Feb 2013
KingKatsura said:
Grimoirre said:

> Gave a certain harem show an 8, 7 on its 2nd season. Then a lower score to those that had ACTUAL progress. Must be because of the waifu wars.
Okay lets just stop there. Thats your taste and opinion by the way.
ChijJul 3, 2017 11:00 PM
Jul 3, 2017 11:56 PM
Mar 2016
KingKatsura said:
Grimoirre said:

Once again that's your opinion, I wont judge because I haven't seen "Your Lie in April" and used it only as an example.

And MAL wasn't the only site to rate Tsuki ga Kirei highly.

Anime Planet 8.1/10
ImbDb 8.5/10
MAL 8.35/10
AnimeNewsNetwork 8.1/10
Anilist 8/10

So you're telling me the anime sucks despite everyone else's reasons for liking it only because YOU don't like it?

EDIT: I'm not insinuating that the anime is a god tier flawless masterpiece rather I think it would be more admirable to constructively review it rather than mindlesly bashing it.
GrimoirreJul 4, 2017 9:22 AM
Jul 4, 2017 12:00 AM

Feb 2015
Gawd, I was ready to give up on this show until episode 10, then had me down again the next episode until the second half of the final, and then minutes again before the ending credits. This show have managed to pull off that bit of frustration and uneasiness sometimes, but it's so realistic. Shit hits close to home, mang :^(

But I'm very happy I was wrong how it would end for Akane and Kotarou. The final didn't teared me up tbh, I was smiling and relieved they didn't pulled a 5cm/s to us. Fuck that movie lol

Great ending + hidden gem of the season. 9/10
KonradikonJul 4, 2017 12:04 AM
Jul 4, 2017 1:34 AM

Feb 2008
The people who didn't like Shigatsu came out to be that they forgot that it was a middle school romance show. Meaning innocence, cringeworth moments and bad decisions overall. The same is going to happen with the people not liking this show, neither understanding half of the kind of romance they are/were watching.

It's like they are expecting it to be a whole adult romance thing when the characters are younger than 15 years old. I saw the same posts overall at the end of Shigatsu. Frustration can be strong.

Anyways, I am a guy who lives by these anime standards:

And seeing how the romance actually grows to be in the future, really gave me a big surprise. I thought they were going to leave it there, to our imaginations. Nao Touyama songs were on point the whole season. It was a surprise to me because they pleased their fanbase by actually showing what happens, not many directors or scriptwriters tend to do that.

Liked the show since the first episode. I'm glad the silent couple ended up together. Too bad we didn't get more side stories of the rest of the cast. TEACHER ROUTE WHEN????

8/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jul 4, 2017 5:48 AM

Sep 2015
Dam lol that was beautiful better tearing up scenes from akane than when she got sad when he ignored her after her got jealous. Very nice ending with them getting married, I liked the updates over time wished there was more lol.
Jul 4, 2017 8:21 AM

Oct 2015
KingKatsura said:

This anime deserve at least an 8. I don't understand why people like you who give a very low rating? Probably you need a fanservice to give it a higher score huh?This anime has a realistic sweet romance, much better than most romance nowadays.
Jul 4, 2017 8:28 AM

Jul 2010
I was ready for a sad ending but damn, happy endings are just the best. I had to pause and read all the Line messages screenshots at the end. :D
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Jul 4, 2017 9:49 AM

Sep 2016
I have a hard time watching people reacting "so sweet, cute, beautiful" to a middle schooler romance. most people will just look down on middle schoolers in relationship irl saying they are immoral and too young for that. and this is more realistic type of anime so, I can definitely compare this to real life.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 4, 2017 10:17 AM

Oct 2016
GangsterCat said:
I have a hard time watching people reacting "so sweet, cute, beautiful" to a middle schooler romance. most people will just look down on middle schoolers in relationship irl saying they are immoral and too young for that. and this is more realistic type of anime so, I can definitely compare this to real life.
They are 15 year old 3rd years (9th grade). In America, they would be high schoolers.
Jul 4, 2017 2:33 PM

Feb 2015
I usually cant stand school romances or anime that are all about romance, they are commonly full of completely oblivious idiots, annoying love triangles , worst types of school activies like colloring papers writing that is so fake and just there too squeeze tiny bit of progress by force.

Emotions are often so much overblown that you start too laugh instead of fokus what is the context . Basically i vomit too such stuff in RL too.

This anime tho i admit is like total oposite of the norm and i didnt except it too live up too hype i was thinking that i would either drop it or hate it by the end.

But my gosh i love almost everything in it, writing is down too earth and interactions feel quite real characters feel like humans and i can imagine events like that playing in our world. Since it is anime original like authors pretty much went all out with details,music plasement (fantastic ost just light fitting into the rest)

I loved how pure honest and touching Akane and Kotarus Relationship went builded from pure couriosity for each other too friendship then close friendship too actual love.
Irony is that middle school anime like this is way less kiddy then most of High school romance in genre.

Why cant more anime be like this you dont need to blindly idoalize someone too show you care, you dont need childhood friend as main , you dont need to you dont need too please everyone you have too have balls too turn people down,speak loudly when it truly matters , you cant hesitate in key moments ...

As for the ending images I seriously let few tears out and gulped this happened the longest of all episodes, i was stunned by how Beatiful it was .

It was quite sad watching them part ways despite trying best for that not too happen.

Even more so because 1 of my older sisters who is older then me like 15 years and lives with her family etc kids like on other end of my city.

She Moves tommorow too a completely different country far far away from ours (Malta too join her husband who works there last couple of months) And we will be sepparated for good. :(
ExowaveJul 4, 2017 2:40 PM
Jul 4, 2017 4:12 PM
Aug 2015
I thought i]the show started off good, but lost its appeal as the episodes continued. That being said, the final episode was very good!
Jul 4, 2017 4:45 PM
Aug 2010
That ending was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE OMG. THE TEXTS AT THE END REALLY DROVE THE WHOLE STORY HOME!
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What would you prefer for the ending?

brenobluhm - Jun 2, 2021

28 by MangaBalanga »»
Jun 13, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

250 by database_animal »»
May 3, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

229 by RGreatDanton »»
May 2, 4:40 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2017

132 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.