Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 29, 2017 12:53 AM

Jul 2013
MariaKnight said:
tkrisz2 said:
Finally something interesting happens. I find it a bit sad Naruto didn't do anything, he became just another side character. He could have at least try to use some badass rasengan and fail miserably to make that beast stronger, so we could see some more action.

I think the idea is that the beast isn't that strong, Naruto could probably one shot it with a Rasengan but then it would blow up. This is a way for them to make Naruto's strength irrelevant to the situation without making Naruto as a whole an irrelevant character to the series.

I think the script writer forgot that Naruto can use Senjutsu. It worked against Rinnegan so it should work on Nue too
Jun 29, 2017 1:34 AM
May 2017
GrowingLore said:

I love a well written betrayal, and this one hit all the right buttons.

Damn true.

How come no one mentionned how stunning the art and animations were??? A huge step up from the previous episodes, especially the second half.

This was the first episode that was entertaining enough to make me rewatch it.

Best line in this episode:
Boruto to Mitsuki and Sumire: You guys are too extreme... taking orders? revenge? seriously?

Naruto taking orders from Kakashi lol. It was disappointing not to see him fight though.
I mean, in the Boruto movie they made Boruto useful to the fight and he even landed the last shot on the villain but Naruto still fought admirably.
Jun 29, 2017 1:45 AM

Apr 2014
Goku said:
So lets just pretend like everyone didn't just get nerfed. Shit episode.

The mystery isn't anything unique. Culprit turns out to be the least expected, who would've guessed.

No one got nerfed genius. Naruto literally said he was going to finish the nue in one hit meaning the monster isn't that strong but the problem is that nue would explode as soon as he absorbs Naruto's chakra and destroy Konoha in the process.
Jun 29, 2017 4:29 AM
May 2011
ShandalfGreyhame said:
What I took from that was Naruto couldn't do anything to attack the beast not because it would suck his chakra weakening him, but because it would suck his chakra and use it to explode and destroy the hidden leaf. With Naruto's chakra it could probably even do more damage. Basically the whole purpose of Nue was to blow up anyway taking the village with it so it would be unwise for Naruto to hurry the process along.

Z4k said:
No one got nerfed genius. Naruto literally said he was going to finish the nue in one hit meaning the monster isn't that strong but the problem is that nue would explode as soon as he absorbs Naruto's chakra and destroy Konoha in the process.

So you think, Nue's explosion would be bigger than Momoshiki's or 10 tails...

Let's me also point out, that Nue only showed the ability to absorb chakra from "people" by "biting" them. Nothing more! He didn't absorb Kakashi's jutsu. He can't absorb chakra from air, cause whole plot wouldn't have any sense.

And you want to say, the fastest ninja in the world, who made the crater on the moon with just punch, can't deal with him.

As if fighting him, was only option, he had. He could use 1-tail curse power to seal him. He knew, Class Rep is culprit (explained by Shikamaru), he knew Class Rep is linked with Nue (explained by Kakashi) and he's god level sensor type ...

Stop defending indefensible plot armor.
Jun 29, 2017 5:05 AM

Jan 2017
i watched this episode a day late
the animations, huge step up, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge... huuuuuge (actually not that huge but yeh)
AAAAAAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

kakashi got screen, and it was good screen time (as soon as i saw kakashi's face i be like "love it," [click] "vote now")
omd, add kakashi and the entire episode becomes better, more depth, more action; and amazing plot twists (((o(*°▽°*)o)))
(im shaking- with excitement)

purple lightning, purple lightning, purple lightning, purple lightning... wtf is purple lightning, heeeeeeh?

that was jokes, to see more personality in shadow clones; it reminded me of that episode where naruto's clones turned against him (≧▽≦) (≧▽≦)

sumire sounds like such a sadist <( ̄ ﹌  ̄)> "why, why?"

wait, if naruto used sage jutsu and let the "nue" absorb that chakra, wouldn't the "nue" just turn to stone (idk, im so confused (・_・;) )

i want the series to have more international depth since all the nations are together now

some people called sumire their waifu, is she still your waifu
tidoesstuffJun 29, 2017 5:23 AM
Jun 29, 2017 5:10 AM

Nov 2011
I'm sure by the end of the arc, the seal will be removed and she become a normal student.

Jun 29, 2017 5:13 AM
May 2015
Pretty good episode, now we star with the action, it was a little surprise that Sumire was the one, but well, let's see how the story flows.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2017 5:16 AM

Jan 2017
Goku said:

The mystery isn't anything unique. Culprit turns out to be the least expected, who would've guessed.

wai, wai, wai, waaiit; hooold up?

lemme get this straight; so youre tryna say that you knew...
yeh don't chat shi*e
i get whatt you mean; its pretty generic... "the least expected," but the thing is you didnt expect; which means it worked, it bloody well worked
a character, not much depth to her, class rep... she was the salad (the side stuff)
never had much input, the comic relief was pretty much it. and everybody liked her comedic reactions... it was funny.

and give your evidence (if you have any) to show that you knew... but you didnt know, did you?

there was nothing pointing to her at all
Jun 29, 2017 5:17 AM

Jan 2017
KaiserNazrin said:
I'm sure by the end of the arc, the seal will be removed and she become a normal student.

yeah that is the elephant in the room; i can just see it happening
Jun 29, 2017 5:23 AM

Apr 2014
TJtR said:
So you think, Nue's explosion would be bigger than Momoshiki's or 10 tails...

Does it matter? If it's big enough to damage Konoha then by all means they should be careful while they handle the nue.
Let's me also point out, that Nue only showed the ability to absorb chakra from "people" by "biting" them. Nothing more! He didn't absorb Kakashi's jutsu. He can't absorb chakra from air, cause whole plot wouldn't have any sense.

And you want to say, the fastest ninja in the world, who made the crater on the moon with just punch, can't deal with him.

We barely know anything about the extent of the nue's full abilites. When Kakashi cut off it's tail, it instantly grew multiple more tails like a Hydra. Keeping that in mind, who knows it'll actually die if Naruto used his full power.

And even if Naruto was fast enough to deal with the monster, what do you think is going to happen with all the chakra stored inside the Nue ready to blow up?
As if fighting him, was only option, he had. He could use 1-tail curse power to seal him. He knew, Class Rep is culprit (explained by Shikamaru), he knew Class Rep is linked with Nue (explained by Kakashi) and he's god level sensor type ...

Mate did you already forget Sumire's conversation with Mitsuki? She literally says hiding is her specialty and based episode 7 when she was being stalked, She was quickly able to notice the presence of the stalker twice meaning she could be a sensor type as well. Heck her stalker even states Sumire was the only one who could see him when he was invisible.
Stop defending indefensible plot armor.

That's not what plot armor means but ok.

tambi33 said:

yeh don't chat shi*e
i get whatt you mean; its pretty generic... "the least expected," but the thing is you didnt expect; which means it worked, it bloody well worked
a character, not much depth to her, class rep... she was the salad (the side stuff)
never had much input, the comic relief was pretty much it. and everybody liked her comedic reactions... it was funny.

and give your evidence (if you have any) to show that you knew... but you didnt know, did you?

Actually a lot of people on reddit and other forums had already figured out that Sumire was the culprit a long time ago. This is the best example I could find.

http://www.narutoforums.com/threads/boruto-naruto-next-generations-episode-7-discussion.1101665/page-5#post-56926561
Z4KJun 29, 2017 5:29 AM
Jun 29, 2017 5:40 AM

Jan 2017
@Z4k

okay. that was insightful; the one who clocked on to that is clever...
i feel pretty dumb (shoulda realised that stare had a deeper meaning)

eeehhh one thing tho
she did get a lot more screen time; of which i only recognised as comic relief

(should i delete that post; naaah one off)
Jun 29, 2017 5:41 AM
May 2011
Z4k said:
Does it matter? If it's big enough to damage Konoha then by all means they should be careful while they handle the nue.

And even if Naruto was fast enough to deal with the monster, what do you think is going to happen with all the chakra stored inside the Nue ready to blow up?

Ofc, it matters, cause Naruto just absorbed whole explosion from Momoshiki's attack, i doubt, Nue has even 1/10 of its power.

Mate did you already forget Sumire's conversation with Mitsuki? She literally says hiding is her specialty and based episode 7 when she was being stalked, She was quickly able to notice the presence of the stalker twice meaning she could be a sensor type as well. Heck her stalker even states Sumire was the only one who could see him when he was invisible

Wait, you are comparing 7 years old Sumire sensor ability with Naruto sensor ability ...

Naruto can't kill Nue, because of plot, so how its not plot armor?
Jun 29, 2017 5:45 AM

Jan 2017
TJtR said:
Z4k said:

Ofc, it matters, cause Naruto just absorbed whole explosion from Momoshiki's attack, i doubt, Nue has even 1/10 of its power.

Mate did you already forget Sumire's conversation with Mitsuki? She literally says hiding is her specialty and based episode 7 when she was being stalked, She was quickly able to notice the presence of the stalker twice meaning she could be a sensor type as well. Heck her stalker even states Sumire was the only one who could see him when he was invisible

Wait, you are comparing 7 years old Sumire sensor ability with Naruto sensor ability ...

a prodigy will always be a prodigy; so if her sensory levels are potentially that good then let them be

(naah, im just tryna peeve off everybody (ノ*°▽°*)
tidoesstuffJun 29, 2017 5:49 AM
Jun 29, 2017 6:11 AM

Nov 2014
Awww, Naruto really has become the adult of the show... he literally will contribute nothing to the eradication of this Nue thing. So sad :(
But next week we'll be able to see Boruto using his dad's ultimate technique: talk no jutsu!!!

I mean. I've already lost all hope when they made the culprit so fucking obvious. But I was hoping this show will be a bit more dark and, uh, realistic....

....what I meant is that I really really wish the Class Rep won't cross into the light side lmao. Just, let her be in her dark path. That'll be much more interesting anyway.
KannaAyasakiJun 29, 2017 6:15 AM
Jun 29, 2017 6:19 AM

Mar 2016
A good episode... A real Boruto: Naruto next Generation episode!

Finally we got Kakashi

It's about time -.-

And I still hate that they just keep using Boruto's "Super Power" every f*cking single episode... I mean, it's a "Super power", so it's not something that you can or should use every f*cking episode! That's way the best episodes were the 8th, half of the 9th and big part of the 13th... The rest is just shit!

MoeGod said:
MariaKnight said:
I think the idea is that the beast isn't that strong, Naruto could probably one shot it with a Rasengan but then it would blow up. This is a way for them to make Naruto's strength irrelevant to the situation without making Naruto as a whole an irrelevant character to the series.

I think the script writer forgot that Naruto can use Senjutsu. It worked against Rinnegan so it should work on Nue too
Exactly... And if Nue absorbed the Natural Energy, he would have petrified... This way wouldn't blow up!
azertz99Jun 29, 2017 6:25 AM
Jun 29, 2017 6:31 AM

Apr 2014
TJtR said:

Then Naruto did a pretty shit job considering it left a huge crater after the explosion and there would have been many casualties had they failed to evacuate everyone. Seems like you've forgotten that.

No? I only gave you a reason why Sumire hasn't been detected yet.

Because the scriptwriters aren't bending the rules of the world to make sure the Nue survives. Naruto can kill the nue but hasn't done it yet as it would put Konoha in danger. Do you see any rules getting bent?
Z4KJun 29, 2017 7:22 AM
Jun 29, 2017 7:21 AM

Jun 2016
At least, a good episode. If this keeps up it'll be a good show.
Jun 29, 2017 7:22 AM
Jun 2017
I just can't imagine how boruto changed his attitude in boruto movie his current attitude is opposite from movie
Jun 29, 2017 7:36 AM

Jan 2013
Boruto is exactly the same like his father. Woah Sumire is pretty surprising. I want Ino to come back next time. :c

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Jun 29, 2017 7:57 AM

Sep 2014
tambi33 said:
Goku said:

yeh don't chat shi*e

Yes I knew, and believe it or not I knew with close to no evidence. At first I had my suspicions when she was found injured but after the small flash back with her mom I pretty much thought it was her.

Z4k said:
Goku said:

Alright Kakashi and Sai are having trouble with a beast that a 13 year old summoned, definitely not nerfed.

Someone of Naruto's near demi-god level status has to show up to deal with a problem that the Jonin should easily be able to deal with. Are you telling me someone of Naruto's experience can't deal with this shit instantly, yeah ok.

Lets call it what it is, its dragged out conflict because they obviously can't have it end after 10 seconds.
Jun 29, 2017 8:34 AM
Dec 2013
Best episode of Boruto yet. Didn't expect Sumire to be the culprit.
Jun 29, 2017 8:35 AM

Apr 2014
Goku said:
Alright Kakashi and Sai are having trouble with a beast that a 13 year old summoned, definitely not nerfed.

Someone of Naruto's near demi-god level status has to show up to deal with a problem that the Jonin should easily be able to deal with. Are you telling me someone of Naruto's experience can't deal with this shit instantly, yeah ok.

Lets call it what it is, its dragged out conflict because they obviously can't have it end after 10 seconds.

Kakashi and Sai are having trouble because they're forced to not use any chakra related ability that could be absorbed the Nue. Not sure why the age of the summoner matters here. She's not the one who created it and neither did she use her own chakra for the summoning.

Nowhere in the episode did they imply Naruto can't handle the Nue. He quite clearly stated that he could finish the beast in one hit but the problem was the beast's ability to absorb people's chakra and explode. We already know the beast has enough chakra to detonate so what do you suggest Naruto is supposed to do if his involvement could end up causing even more damage to Konoha?

End it in 10 seconds? And how do you suggest he could do that without causing any casualty? Keep in mind the Nue, depending on the one who's controlling it, could detonate at any moment.
Jun 29, 2017 8:57 AM

Jan 2008
I should have figured it out sooner.... no not that Class Pres was the culprit, I couldn't care less about that, but why the show is going at this pace. Its fallen to the seasonal cour format where they need a season finale type ordeal when the cour end and the rest of the episodes are more or less build up to that finale even if they're more or less filler content. Shippuden didn't follow that pattern so that might be why it feels so like an inferior format for Boruto.

And Class Pres's "huwawa" when Mitsuki founds her was strangely cute. Guess it's an actual habit and not just pretend, or became one.
PaulJun 29, 2017 9:03 AM
Jun 29, 2017 9:13 AM

Sep 2014
Z4k said:
Goku said:

Kakashi and Sai are having trouble because they're forced to not use any chakra related ability that could be absorbed the Nue. Not sure why the age of the summoner matters here. She's not the one who created it and neither did she use her own chakra for the summoning.

Nowhere in the episode did they imply Naruto can't handle the Nue. He quite clearly stated that he could finish the beast in one hit but the problem was the beast's ability to absorb people's chakra and explode. We already know the beast has enough chakra to detonate so what do you suggest Naruto is supposed to do if his involvement could end up causing even more damage to Konoha?

End it in 10 seconds? And how do you suggest he could do that without causing any casualty? Keep in mind the Nue, depending on the one who's controlling it, could detonate at any moment.

Kakashi appears, uses purple lightning easily cuts it. How about doing it again good sir? The attack was quick, efficient, and completely by surprise. You'd think someone like kakashi would be smart enough to finish it quickly but of course not.

Now the beast is just continuing to gather more chakra, rather than finishing it quickly lets let it power up. Great tactics from the people who fought in the war.
Jun 29, 2017 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
Goku said:
Kakashi appears, uses purple lightning easily cuts it. How about doing it again good sir? The attack was quick, efficient, and completely by surprise. You'd think someone like kakashi would be smart enough to finish it quickly but of course not.

Doing it again? Did you perhaps miss the part where the nue regrew multiple tails when the first one was cut off just like a hydra? Jesus, it feels like I'm the only one paying attention here.

Now the beast is just continuing to gather more chakra, rather than finishing it quickly lets let it power up. Great tactics from the people who fought in the war.

What do you think is going to happen to all the chakra stored inside the Nue ready to explode if they went with your vague strategy and "finished" it?
Jun 29, 2017 9:37 AM

Sep 2014
@Z4k

Why would he stop at attacking the tail, and not go for the rest of the body when he had the element of surprise on his side?

So you are telling me letting it absorb more chakra, and letting it escape is a better plan? Nice.

They already had a barrier up, and someone of Naruto's level on the front lines. With addition to Sai, Kakashi, and Sakura. Just because it can absorb chakra doesn't mean it can out do someone of demi-god status skill (I know he can kill it, what I'm saying here is he should've been able to better manage it).
Jun 29, 2017 10:14 AM

Jul 2014
the cliffhanger though, i can't wait for the next episode....!! :(

Anyway i didn't expect that Sumire is the culprit behind all of those ghost incident they called... hope boruto will save her somehow...
Jun 29, 2017 10:23 AM
May 2011
Z4k said:

Then Naruto did a pretty shit job considering it left a huge crater after the explosion and there would have been many casualties had they failed to evacuate everyone. Seems like you've forgotten that.

Pretty shity job? The crater in the center, it's the place, where the arena was, so the explosion reached only 2x radius of the arena. No fatalities as well. Konoha is safe. I'd rather say, pretty good job, and the manga implies, that Naruto didn't even use his full power.

It's funny, how we came from comparing, Naruto from Naruto(tv) to Naruto from Boruto(tv), to Naruto from Boruto(tv) to Naruto from Boruto franchise. Boruto franchise consists of manga/novel/movie/gaiden so far, that will be remade into tv anime in future. Don't you see, the series is gonna deny itself. It's example of bad writing. For example, episode 13 Naruto vs Neu => Naruto's useless, episode 139 Naruto beats Momoshiki, whose chakra absorption is 1 or 2 level ahead of Nue, and can destroy Konoha with fart.
And comparing these two, didn't have any sense from the beginning. Nue just stole some chakra from non-ninja randoms, academy kids and Shino...

We've already known future events of Boruto, so current events have to match future ones. It's funny, how people are giving Boruto, Kamui, Tenseigan and etc., when we know, in future, 5 years later, he still won't be able control his eye, and his clones limit will be 4 (in tv, it's 3). Prepare for 5 years of slacking off :P

No? I only gave you a reason why Sumire hasn't been detected yet

Naruto can detect negative emotion and negative chakra, the plot'd be impossible without nerfing Naruto.
Jun 29, 2017 11:27 AM

Sep 2012
you could say that boruto inherit the greatest jutsu

"talk no jutsu"

anyway, after all the shit with sasuke, i don't see why they don't forgive her
dend08Jun 30, 2017 6:01 AM
Jun 29, 2017 2:14 PM
Apr 2017
Yeszer! Kakashi's in da houz! =)

The story is getting better after previous boring episodes...
Jun 29, 2017 3:39 PM

Sep 2014
Well , Sumire with this outfit , hair and mark on the back looks really good as a villain. Only if this weren't the kids it would look even better I think. Like that another Purple-haired woman from Anbu we saw in Naruto somewhere.

This attitude sometimes really gets annoying on me , when all Boruto does just doesn't believe anything because "she is our friend , right?"
Jun 29, 2017 6:02 PM

May 2016
sumire trying to suppress her awawa when snake boy calls her "class rep" was adorable af,
god pls dont let anything bad happens to her
Jun 29, 2017 6:53 PM
Mar 2017
1. How old Kakashi is supposed to be now? He sure doesn't age at all.
2. WE LOVE INCHOU!!! PLEASE LET DON'T KILL HER OFF!!! WE WANT HER TO BE IN THE MANGA LATTER!!!
3. No, seriously,Sumire is so far the best "original" character in Boruto series. I wish konoha "forgive" her (just like the case with Said), then Sumire be one of main character on the story latter on. Maybe love rival for Sarada.
Jun 30, 2017 6:47 AM

Dec 2016
ttcchen said:
well, naruto has infinite chakra so why doesn't he just stand there and let the beast suck him until the beast overload of chakra and explode or something lol

Because if he blows up he goes to Satan's house and takes the village with him. Did you not hear Sumire say that the plan was to destroy the village? If that thing exploded, the whole village would be destroyed and the revenge of the "Foundation" would finally be fulfilled.
Jun 30, 2017 6:53 AM

Dec 2016
Titadou said:
Soooo that's why she's not in the opening and the ending with the others

I do not know but I do not think that's why she did not show up at the opening.
Remember that in the openings of some seasons of Naruto, Sasuke even being the bad (although we know what happened, is not it?), He would appear in the opening sometimes, so I do not think that is why the Sumire does not appear in the opening.
Jun 30, 2017 8:29 AM
May 2016
Plz Boruto inherit the talk no jutsu. change her. Then, Shikamaru , pardon her. Bring her back. She's the shining adorable light so far. Don't make her disappear like Haku ':)
Jun 30, 2017 1:41 PM

Jun 2015
So that useless girl is essential for the story. Good thing she is the villain. It means we won't see her again once the arc ends.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 30, 2017 2:25 PM

Nov 2016
An amazing episode with a lot of action and heat , liked how Boruto's handling it without violence and i really like it that he wants to save his friend even if she's evil , PRETTY CURIOUS ABOUT THE THING THAT HAPPENED IS HIS EYE x3 x3 ... and who's the one who's ordering Mitsuki .. i hope they reval him in the upcoming episodes and like before the Ghost Arc finishes .. Pretty Excited for the next episode and i hope Boruto grow up a little for now C:
Jun 30, 2017 8:53 PM

May 2009
I'm so happy with the turn of events (* ̄◡ ̄*) I'm so satisfied that it really is Sumire! XD
Sai and Kakashi are so cool as always! (≧◡≦) <3

But, really... Why does Boruto have to inherit Naruto's naivety and stubbornness?? I know he's the main protagonist and he has those eyes and he will be this village's hero in the future *rolls eyes*.. But I really can't stand that attitude! >.< Everything seems so great until he spouted things which we are all so familiar with like "I'll save both sides!" I mean, come on Emiya Shirou, wake up! Oh, oops, wrong series. X9

Anyway... iinchou's back is really hot. *^* LOL

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Jun 30, 2017 11:48 PM

Mar 2014
For the first time an episode of Boruto met the expectations I had for this anime (not anything as good as the original series but still is good enough to enjoy). Now to see if next week's episode will be just as good.
L0bstermanJun 30, 2017 11:55 PM
Jun 30, 2017 11:49 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! now this is getting interesting again! we're finally out of the SoL episodes!
Kakashi Showed-up!
Naruto back on action again but Sai prevented him so use the super Sage mode.
This is like a small time Konoha Summon invasion!
space time teleportation like kamui? damn I though only few like Sasuke could do that...
5/5!

Jul 1, 2017 8:38 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm what a surprising revelation.

To think that Sumire was actually the culprit and that her father was a member of the foundation and a fanatic that believed in Danzo. It was nice to see Kakashi come back from retirement though. It seems that the good will that Kakashi and Tsunade performed when they didn't reveal the identity of the foundation members was wasted though. Nue's appearance and the fight against it by Sai and Kakashi and their teams was pretty good though. It was nice to see so many of the old cast take part though. In the end Nue was designed to actually take the role of suicide bomber eh. The fight between Sumire and Mitsuki though was interesting. Seems that she was hiding her true skill though. This is the first dilemma that Boruto is going to face eh. But man that was one hell of an ending though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2017 5:49 PM

Apr 2016
At last, something that looks like the Naruto we all know, fighting scenes, good music, old characters in action, overall- Naruto vibes.

Lets hope we will get more of this as well as no more going back to the boring, schoollike enviroment that doesn't suit this series at all.
My latest Hajime no Ippo AMV:
Jul 2, 2017 10:51 PM
May 2017
Great episode. Sumire is the culprit.
Kakashi with purple lighting jutsu , great . The episode was awesome
Jul 3, 2017 10:41 AM

Sep 2014
Annoying little cunt.
Seriously, I don't remember Naruto ever being this annoying.
Jul 3, 2017 11:02 AM

Mar 2015
I'm glad that we got to see Sai and Kakashi be the bad asses that they are, but what the heck man????

We finally have Naruto living out his dream as the Hokage and it doesn't even seem all that great anymore! The joy in it is all gone. They portray him as completely useless in this Nue situation even though I'm pretty sure we all know he could use Sage mode and kick Nue to the moon.

Like, yeah I understand that Boruto is supposed to be the shining main character here, but we haven't seen much of a work ethic from him at all??? Everything he does just comes out of nowhere and we're expected to just be like "wow, so much dedication, Boruto is amazing."

I'm just not seeing super good traits coming from him yet, and the fact that since this is just "Boruto's anime" means that they're portraying Naruto in a useless way as he's living out his DREAM just kinda upsets me.

Not totally terrible though, hopefully they can fix this in future episodes.

The plot twist of Sumire being the culprit was actually pretty darn good. I also personally like this almost recreation of the nine tails disaster, makes things more interesting.
mayaithApr 22, 2019 9:10 AM

"𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴? 𝘠𝘰𝘶’𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦’𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵."

Jul 4, 2017 2:02 AM
Oct 2016
I can already tell he's gonna be with her in the end of all of this. I'm happy about that though.
Jul 5, 2017 2:13 PM

Jul 2009
So no surprise, a crazy dad putting hate ideas on his kid...

For that end I think we will see Sasuke.
Jul 9, 2017 5:49 PM

Mar 2016
Now that's what I've been waiting for out of this anime!!! Kakashi is finally shown and we get to see his purple lightning jutsu! I thought we were gonna get to see Naruto fire up the engines and fight but just a tease. I can't wait to see the next episode!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 10, 2017 3:19 AM
Apr 2016
But but but borito want to be another sasuke's as a ninja.
But this is the greatest episodes ever.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

29 by Chfenj_ »»
Jun 23, 7:02 PM

» I loved Naruto but my time is limited, should I bother with Boruto?

Ezereal - Jan 14, 2019

16 by Ezereal »»
Jun 18, 4:23 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2017

80 by rexhappy »»
Jun 16, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 170 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2020

45 by beginner2005 »»
Jun 12, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 139 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2020

28 by Chfenj_ »»
Jun 7, 12:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.