Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 8, 2015 3:57 AM

Apr 2013
Midorimas new trump card is dunk xd
Feb 8, 2015 4:12 AM

Jul 2011
This is getting more ridiculous. I wonder what will be the next super power that we will see...Kame hame ha? We already saw it. Invisibility? Oh right the mc...nvm.
Feb 8, 2015 4:15 AM

Apr 2014
koolvid said:
Why are people taking this anime so seriously in terms of real life basketball? Of course it's not anywhere close to being a realistic basketball anime. The setting itself where japanese are actually good at it at an elite level is a fantasy already. It's themed on basketball but doesn't follow physics/realism of the sport. The exaggeration of moves is what makes the anime fun. Although the emperor's eye is pretty hilarious op move.

Exactly this.
Feb 8, 2015 4:51 AM
Mar 2014
Woooah. The Emperor's Eye aka sharingan sure is op, he put Kagami on the ground just by looking at him.

I feel like both teams especially Rakuzen haven't show there true potential tho.
Feb 8, 2015 5:02 AM

Nov 2013
Seijuuro's emperor eye is the most ridiculous ability out of all the kiseki no sedai's abilities imo . He looks like a psycho
Feb 8, 2015 5:13 AM

Jan 2013
I AM CRYING SEND HELP

I literally shouted my throat sore. And my brother got asked "Is she always this loud and is her face always this red when watching this?" and my brother just said "Well, yeah." (Which is not true tbh I just ahhhh this episode)

Akashi makes me cry a lot. AKASHI AAAAAAAAAAAA WH Y Rakuzan in general makes me cry a lot.

Shutoku makes me cry even more. Midotaka makes me cry. Shutoku feels so strong. I NEED MORE MIDOTAKA IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW

I AM NOT OKAY AND I AM CRYING I LOVE THIS SHOW HAHAHAHAHAH AH AAH HA HA

This episode also reminded me that there will be Seirin vs. Kaijou and

to look forward to. I'm going to die.
aifukolaFeb 8, 2015 5:22 AM
Feb 8, 2015 5:39 AM

Jun 2014
I didn't think that Akashi was so OP lol I thought that Aomine was the best one of the GOM now I think about it even Aomine will look like a pussy in front of Akashi! Can't wait to see Midorima/Takao trump card!
Feb 8, 2015 5:42 AM

Aug 2013
CodeNameShield9 said:
So is there a fifth player on Rakuzan that I just keep missing or are there only four people on the court from their team?
Found any similarities with a certain somenone? I'm just saying.

LPGeneratorx said:

Also, I love how the animators just completely erase Mayuzumi at every moment possible.
Yeah if they didn't show us the,lets say,card of the team in the half way point almost everybody that has not read the manga wouldn't notice the 5th player.Heck when I was reading the manga didn't notice he was there.

NoongaJuice said:
Izanagi777 said:
True, that's too much IMO.. But nobody can beat plot armor either way :/

Yeah... no.
Admit it

Anw I loved this episode,the animation and the sequences with Akashi were great,plus showing that arrogance and the king attitude of his was great.I liked him instantly when that happened in the manga and was the same in this case only the anime for me did it better in some points.
Feb 8, 2015 5:46 AM

Jun 2013
Whoah, loved it!
and the flashbacks as well , Midorima&Takao are teh best couple
can't wait for the next week
Feb 8, 2015 5:56 AM

Nov 2014
Awesome episode. The flashbacks made me want to see Medorima's team but I guess that won't happen :( ?

Can't wait to see someone breaking the annoying ego that Akashi has, when Aomini was full of him self he was cool rather than annoying.
Also, this makes me wonder, why was Aomini saying that he is the best and it has been ages since some one won against him, when obviously Akashi is stronger?!
Feb 8, 2015 6:03 AM

Sep 2014
Epic episode! I knew Akashi's super power would be OP. Seriously, predicting everything your opponent does before even he does it and then incapacitate him? Yeez. Let's see how Midorima's trump card is.
Feb 8, 2015 6:14 AM
Apr 2009
Way to go my favorite psycho god-emperor Akashi~
Feb 8, 2015 6:26 AM

Nov 2014
NoongaJuice said:
Izanagi777 said:
True, that's too much IMO.. But nobody can beat plot armor either way :/

Yeah... no.
Well, KnB is one of my favorite series, but even I admit that Seirin's plot armor is too much.
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Feb 8, 2015 6:47 AM

Feb 2010
That Jason Williams elbow pass!!
Feb 8, 2015 7:02 AM

Oct 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
FackuIkari said:

the fifth player is there, don't worry, you'll know him
yes, and actually he is there all the time, he get screentime so much, screening, blocking, passing, standing, even theres a card featuring all picture and name of 5 rakuzan players, including him.
many ppl just didnt notice :p

katsuragi33 said:
whats 5th player like?

how come i didnt see him in the game :?

kuroko>>>everything else

rewatch the episode, he is wearing number 5 jersey

The 5th player is there shooting passing screening blocking etc but no one noticed him?? xD This is like Kuroko xD
Feb 8, 2015 7:19 AM

Sep 2014
Why there is a sub mistaking in the quarters ? -__-
Feb 8, 2015 8:00 AM

Sep 2011
koolvid said:
Zapredon said:
Akashi is OP. Wonder who is beter. Akashi or Aomine.

Those broken ankle.

emperor's eye used on aomine would be fun to watch.

Yes. I'd also want to see a 1v1 between Aomine and Akashi.

Feb 8, 2015 8:15 AM

Sep 2011
Couldn't take this episode seriously with Akashi and his Emperor eye thing. I mean, KnB already isn't realistic at all when it comes to the sport but I feel like giving someone an ability like ''an eye who can predict the future'' is pretty much pushing it. The animation (and art direction in general) looked pretty good (better than usual, anyways), though. Hoping the eye thing gets expanded on so it doesn't feel as ridiculous later.
Feb 8, 2015 9:59 AM
Apr 2014
skapandi said:
Couldn't take this episode seriously with Akashi and his Emperor eye thing. I mean, KnB already isn't realistic at all when it comes to the sport but I feel like giving someone an ability like ''an eye who can predict the future'' is pretty much pushing it. The animation (and art direction in general) looked pretty good (better than usual, anyways), though. Hoping the eye thing gets expanded on so it doesn't feel as ridiculous later.

It probably won't, because the series for some reason decided to cut out the explanation given in the manga. The Eye doesn't see the future, it sees slightest details of opponents movents, like muscle contraction, sweating, heartbeat, etc, and BASED ON THAT Akashi can predict what the movement will actually be. It was directly stated that the Eye is dangerorus not because it is dangerous by itself, but because Akashi is skilled and experienced in using it properly.
Feb 8, 2015 10:34 AM

Oct 2014
Oh my God!! AKASHIIIIII! I've been waiting for this!! Emperor's Eye and Ankle Breaking!!
Kagami always in search of trouble haha^^
Wonderful animation and soundtracks!!!
Can't wait for next week!! Midorima and Takao!
Feb 8, 2015 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
All hope isn't lost yet, but it will be soon enough.
Feb 8, 2015 11:12 AM

Aug 2010
Oh my god I can't believe this. KnB has reached yet another level of silliness.
This is just too ridiculous.
I know I shouldn't be surprised but still...
Feb 8, 2015 12:07 PM

Jan 2013
GG
Feb 8, 2015 12:10 PM

Nov 2014
Turns out Akashi has a Sharingan x Geass thing going for him, which is nice.
Feb 8, 2015 12:29 PM
Feb 2015
It's funny how people who don't play basketball regularly are analyzing the realism of this manga.

Great epsiode, I love how Akashi breaking Takeo looked, it looked he died or something
Feb 8, 2015 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
this desperately needs a supernatural tag....this isn't basketball anymore.
Feb 8, 2015 2:57 PM

Mar 2012
I was just laughing so hard at how much of a gamebreaking bastard Akashi is.
Feb 8, 2015 3:31 PM

Oct 2014
That's not Sharingan. It's HAKI. Haoshoku no Haki & Kenbunshoku no Haki... LOL

I fuckin' love that OST playing when Akashi ankle breaks Miyaji & Kimura... sounds so epic and Godly.

BTW, all that complain about this anime being illogical and full of asspull, exactly what do you expect?! Dont be innocent. This is what makes anime enjoyable to watch. As a show, Kurobas has become one of the best anime ever made in my opinion.
Feb 8, 2015 3:49 PM

Jul 2014
kazetora said:
That's not Sharingan. It's HAKI. Haoshoku no Haki & Kenbunshoku no Haki... LOL

I fuckin' love that OST playing when Akashi ankle breaks Miyaji & Kimura... sounds so epic and Godly.

BTW, all that complain about this anime being illogical and full of asspull, exactly what do you expect?! Dont be innocent. This is what makes anime enjoyable to watch. As a show, Kurobas has become one of the best anime ever made in my opinion.
Exactly!!! From chapter 1 it's very obvious that this isn't meant to be a realistic representation of basketball.
Feb 8, 2015 5:45 PM

Jul 2010
Akashi is not op at all, nono. I mean, I hope there's some kind of "logic" behind his eye's power, because I'm not gonna believe in superpowers yet.

He was badass nonetheless.
Feb 8, 2015 8:00 PM

Apr 2012
Watching this series more and more makes me realize how fucking corny this series actually is.
Feb 8, 2015 8:05 PM

Apr 2014
DefMos said:
I find it funny how they have to explain something as simple what a "triple-threat" and an "ankle breaker" is to a bunch of players at a high school level of basketball..

Also lol at that Jason Williams elbow pass reference.

First thing that came to mind when I saw that pass! J-Wills and his ridiculous passing, turnovers were a badge of honour for him lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2015 12:33 AM

Jan 2011
Like others have mentioned, that Jason Williams callback was just great. It's cool to see that they're adding anime-only plays to Akashi.

I have to say, I'm pretty damn happy with this episode. Definitely the best episode in a while in terms of direction and music...or maybe it's just my bias considering this is my 2nd favorite match of the series right behind the Kaijou vs Touou match. Sure there were plenty of stills, but they looked nice. Hopefully the rest of the match looks and sounds this well.

Going by the manga, I can see this match ending halfway through episode 7.
Feb 9, 2015 3:19 AM

Oct 2013
Izanagi777 said:
NoongaJuice said:

Yeah... no.
Well, KnB is one of my favorite series, but even I admit that Seirin's plot armor is too much.

What plot armor do you speak of? Technically, everything is explained logically. As logical as Shounen gets.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Feb 9, 2015 3:30 AM
Apr 2014
What plot armor do you speak of? Technically, everything is explained logically. As logical as Shounen gets.

If you've read the manga:
Feb 9, 2015 5:55 AM

Sep 2013
gghelis said:

TorribleFeb 9, 2015 6:14 AM
Feb 9, 2015 6:12 AM
Apr 2014
Torrible said:
gghelis said:

Feb 9, 2015 6:14 AM

Aug 2013
Akashiii hahahha !! Emperor Eyes fuhhh !!
Ankle Breaking.. one of the most basics to use in anime and manga.
But always awesome nonetheless.. XD
Feb 9, 2015 6:35 AM

Sep 2013
gghelis said:
Torrible said:

TorribleFeb 9, 2015 6:51 AM
Feb 9, 2015 6:55 AM

Jul 2014
Torrible said:
gghelis said:

Feb 9, 2015 7:19 AM
Oct 2011
Broken ankles for daysssssssss!!!
Feb 9, 2015 9:19 AM

Sep 2013
ibearclaw said:
Torrible said:

Feb 9, 2015 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
5/5 for akashi seijuro have got serious with his emperor eye.
Feb 9, 2015 11:39 AM

Oct 2014
Holy crap... WTF :D You have to watch this episode ! Damn...
Feb 9, 2015 11:50 AM
Aug 2011
This is truly the start where the series starts to go massively downhill.
Not counting the upcoming Kaijou vs Seirin match because Kise really shines in that one. Hopefully they can capture that awesomeness in animation because his showdown against Haizaki was underwhelming and it shouldn't have been.

Akashi's eye enters the "this is a little bit too much" zone for me. (Pun actually not intended.)
Though I can't be mad at him, Akashi is hilarious.
His personality alone saved many future chapters from being complete shit.

ninjastarforcex said:
i still think aomine can rekt that chuunibyo akashi anytime lol

I really wish there was more interaction between Aomine and Akashi. They barely even talked to each other.
Everyone's relationship with Akashi is surprisingly kind of 'normal' but we know Aomine doesn't take shit from people so it's kind of fun to see his more submissive side those few times Akashi has actually spoken to him.
It's like "Daiki come here" or "Meet us at a certain time" and Aomine's just like "okay" without question lol.
This is a really interesting pair to me.

Midorima done good here. He's kind of an unsung hero at times.
standFeb 9, 2015 12:01 PM
Feb 9, 2015 4:29 PM

May 2010
Ookay, that ability sounds like bullshit, but that's what I expected from the final boss, or something. Surprisingly Kamiya really pulled his voice off (in a good way), and here I was getting a bit tired after hearing him in so many series. Good job!

Obviously Midorima's team is going to lose, but meh, I really like these guys, I want to see their ultimate move.
Feb 9, 2015 4:51 PM

Apr 2007
I knew I should have waited until the next episode was out to watch this one, why didn't I listen to myself?? That cliffhanger got me so excited :< Akashi's abilities are as bad as I imagined, but oh well. I just wanna see my favorite team play at this point. Shuutoku LOVE
Feb 9, 2015 6:01 PM

Oct 2013
Man dat eye. Well apparently a trump card will be played...
Feb 10, 2015 12:47 AM
Jan 2015
omg loved the scene where Mibuchi said that everyone besides Midorima was a burden and then Midorima was like "bitch what did you say?" he got wrecked haha
gosh i think Shutoku is my favorite team now. love the relationship between upper and underclassmen.
i dont quite get what akashi's eye can do? it predicts the future but it also makes others do as he wills? idgi
and Midorima/Takao are showing their trump card with just under 6 minutes left?? OMG CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE even tho i think Rakuzan will probs win meh....
Feb 10, 2015 2:52 AM
Apr 2014
fatkat96 said:

i dont quite get what akashi's eye can do? it predicts the future but it also makes others do as he wills? idgi

self-quote:
>
the series for some reason decided to cut out the explanation given in the manga. The Eye doesn't see the future, it sees slightest details of opponents movents, like muscle contraction, sweating, heartbeat, etc, and BASED ON THAT Akashi can predict what the movement will actually be. It was directly stated that the Eye is dangerorus not because it is dangerous by itself, but because Akashi is skilled and experienced in using it properly.
>

Others obey him not because of the Eye, but because he's too badass to not obey. Or something like that.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2015

287 by NillyPC »»
Sep 17, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

227 by NillyPC »»
Sep 17, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

153 by NillyPC »»
Sep 17, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

136 by NillyPC »»
Sep 17, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

85 by NillyPC »»
Sep 17, 5:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.