Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2017 3:44 PM

Dec 2013
The directing in this is amazing, the long cuts with organic background sounds when Koutaro was unsure on how he should text was great, and the general use of visuals without dialogue are so engaging. They really nailed how middle schoolers act and think, its so fresh.
Apr 20, 2017 3:58 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode! The mood was really lovely this time and they portrayed the anxiety of young people when communicating over mobile phones today just right.

Glad Kotarou made the first step in the end (even though I think she won't give him straight answer this time or she runs away). In love, it usually wins the one who is bold enough to share his feelings, not the one who hesitates.

Still, the awkwardness between two of them when they were sitting by shrine was also done well. Such thing as unability to talk casually to each other can be dealbreaker in love, no matter how strong the feeling between two people are.
But they can talk over the phone well so I guess they can overcome this hurdle in time.

Also, kinda interesting to see that we may be dealing with love polygon here, I'm pretty much curious how Chinatsu and Takumi reacts now (but my guess is they won't tell them right away so it's very possible they'll try to confess too).
Apr 20, 2017 4:10 PM

Jan 2014
AAGGGHHH!!! YOU JUST MAKE A WRONG MOVE KIDDO! YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENCE TO MAKE A POPULAR GIRL LIKE AKANE YOURS! DO NOT RUSH THINGS! DO NOT GET CAUGHT OF THE MOMENT!
AND THAT CLIFF WHATTHEF***!()@*$&@(&$!!!
青春っていいな~
Apr 20, 2017 4:17 PM

Oct 2015
They are really cute together lol innocence is so good when ur in love hahaha, well wasnt expecting for a confession, but good job now lets see what she says next episode, i feel like there will be alot of couple change´s in this anime i dunno why....but i do lol
Apr 20, 2017 4:31 PM

Feb 2008
wtf dude

this is too cute for me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SAY SOMETHING CURLY BRO
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Apr 20, 2017 4:31 PM

Mar 2012
I've already fallen pretty hard for this show. I rewatched episode 2 at least 3 times while waiting for this one, and I have a feeling I'm going to end up rewatching this episode several times this week as well. Gets me right in the feels. I also especially love how they developed their relationship through LINE. Felt so true-to-life to me.

Anyway I'm going to die waiting for Akane's response next week.
Apr 20, 2017 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
please say yes.... please...
Apr 20, 2017 4:45 PM
Oct 2012
Pyjamaman said:
While i'm watching, i'm constantly saying "Do something! Say something! Anything!!". Then I think back at when I was in middle school and acted the very same way around my crush. It's nice to be able to empathize but so cringeworthy at the same time.

Yep, not just the fear of rejection, but also the problem with timing. What's nice is how his knowledge of literature is what grounds him in reality and allowed him to take the step forward.

Ah the power of episode 3. Almost always when the "ask" occurs.

Now, what kind of show will this become? More RSOL, or more about learning to deal with all the expectations of those around you?
Apr 20, 2017 5:06 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, really captured the mood of texting someone you like an really being careful with what you say.
Great insert song, and what a cliffhanger. Feels like it's too early for that though, like bad news, she already said yes to the other guy. Hope not
Apr 20, 2017 5:15 PM

Jul 2016
Wait...what's this...THE MAIN PROTAGONIST ASKED HER OUT. DAMN HE ACTUALLY ASKED INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR MULTIPLE EPISODES.

Other than that, like so many people above have said, I enjoyed that moment at the end, especially with the shots we got of both of them and his sincerity of when he asked. I also really liked how the lit club superstition tied in with what Akane's friends were saying. Overall, this was a really good episode.

P.S. That montage though.
Apr 20, 2017 5:19 PM
Jan 2014
This episode was absolutely adorable, specially the dialogue and imagery in the last scene. It sets the tone beautifully for upcoming events and establishes some of the symbology that should be repeated throughout the show.

But hey I just noticed she's named Mizuno and all of the characters wear Asics sneakers.
Apr 20, 2017 6:09 PM

Jul 2013
SAY YES AKANE DAMN IT.

Loving this anime right now.
Apr 20, 2017 6:47 PM

Oct 2012
This feels so real. Seems to be a lot of pressure at school to go out with someone. I expect more awkwardness is the future.
Apr 20, 2017 7:05 PM
Mar 2015
kaaamos said:
Smudy said:
OKAY i'm in love with this! That's my favourite anime right now this season.

As soon as he told her if he was bothering her, i was already done. Cause i did that in my early years as well when i was in love with a girl. And then he punches his light again, so good honestly.

My heart was pumping quite a bit in these last minutes and HE DID IT! <3 I hope she answers well to him.

More people need to watch this show, that's a pure romance right here that has great realism to it.

Realism? LOL.

The girl would be done with him after that message because he doesn't have "attitude", she would never have taken the first step of going to meet him out of the blue and also she would have started dating that stud guy waaay before. To top it off, she would give some slight hints to Curly-kun to keep him in orbit, just in case.

Lets not kid ourselves and forget that this is anime and these kinds of girls don't exist.

Nevertheless, I'm liking this anime a lot, they are so pure, it's heartwarming.

I can't agree with this statement. Too narrow of a mindset. Though I do agree that the realism isn't as strong as it was before.

I'm torn about the realism with this particular episode. I felt that each episode has been less effective at characterization than the last. The first episode had phenomenal directing, and the scenes felt profoundly organic. This one didn't seem like it added very much to the characters. I still like this story, and few romances have engaged me, so this series is great in that respect.

This episode is okay, but it doesn't hold water to episode 1. Akane still hasn't had enough characterization. She's really only been reacting this episode. No introspection of the sort. I will admit however that the transition between Akane's comment about the moon and Kotaro's response was well done. The fact that Kotaro was questioning the origin of the "moon is beautiful" statement shows that he's creating a layer of abstraction between the quotes he using, preventing him from genuinely following their advice. If he were to truly internalize those messages, he wouldn't be questioning its origin at such a time.

Ultimately, the fact that none of Kotaro's quotes have had an impact on the story demonstrates such means of 'sophistication' may register as important intellectually, but they fail to have that same impact emotionally. After all, the turning point in episode 2 was Kotaro using one of the most cliche lines in existence, simply showing that such an attempt can be much more meaningful.

Akane's reformulating of "the moon is beautiful" in a less carefully planned statement provided Kotaro with the confidence to ask her, especially consider that Akane's genuine response would have been far more impactful than if Kotaro were to have used the quote mechanically out loud.

A possible love triangle could be disheartening, depending on how the rest of the series plays out. I just hope that the series continues to maintain the organic vibe of the main duo, which was less apparent in this particular episode.
Apr 20, 2017 7:19 PM

Nov 2010
Cute episode. Somehow the boy seems more girlish than the girl, I think.
He got an oracle from a book and here comes a beautiful moon, the title of the show, already.
Apr 20, 2017 7:39 PM
Sep 2016
Can't wait for next episode
Apr 20, 2017 7:45 PM

Aug 2015
I fist bump myself because i can't fist bump him lol that was unexpected and i love the sound track especially the piano starting around the 20th minute. Does anyone know what song that is or where to even find it?
Apr 20, 2017 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
What a masterpiece romance anime am I watching!! and that was way too early to ask for!! I wonder what will be the answer? This is definitely a powerful cliffhanger that has created!

I just hope this won't be love triangle!

EDIT: Seriously, that was too early! I just hope she makes us feel easy! or else my brain can't bear this watching over whelming drama!
removed-userApr 20, 2017 7:59 PM
Apr 20, 2017 7:58 PM
May 2016
I've got to admit I did not think I would get nearly this invested.
There was some really smart use of body language in this episode, especially in the final scene with just Akane and Kotarou. I really love the direction and pacing in this anime; it's slow enough to flesh out its characters before reaching the major plot points, yet fast enough to keep you on the edge of your seat.
And AAAGHH ARE THESE CHARACTERS INTERACTIONS CUTE!!! Not only cute but also incredibly relatable and true to life—really brings back some nostalgia from adolescence. Moreover, although I found myself cheering on Kotarou, I also felt sympathetic towards Takumi for not being able to muster up the courage to ask out Akane. So far this is a really excellent show, and I wouldn't be surprised if this and Sakura Quest become the two dark horses of this season.
Apr 20, 2017 8:04 PM
May 2016
kaaamos said:
Smudy said:
OKAY i'm in love with this! That's my favourite anime right now this season.

As soon as he told her if he was bothering her, i was already done. Cause i did that in my early years as well when i was in love with a girl. And then he punches his light again, so good honestly.

My heart was pumping quite a bit in these last minutes and HE DID IT! <3 I hope she answers well to him.

More people need to watch this show, that's a pure romance right here that has great realism to it.

Realism? LOL.

The girl would be done with him after that message because he doesn't have "attitude", she would never have taken the first step of going to meet him out of the blue and also she would have started dating that stud guy waaay before. To top it off, she would give some slight hints to Curly-kun to keep him in orbit, just in case.

Lets not kid ourselves and forget that this is anime and these kinds of girls don't exist.

did someone say misogyny? boi triggered
Apr 20, 2017 8:05 PM

Jan 2013
I thought I would have to wait 10 episodes to see a confession from anyone in this. It really surprised me for some reason. It was a cute episode. :)

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Apr 20, 2017 8:41 PM
Sep 2016
Love it overall.
Best thing though is probably the song played at 15 min aaah it was great.
That was bold by him but probably next episode he will die out of embaressment xD

MAL score jumped quite a bit...people love confessions lol. Well that actually was the best way to end the episode.
Apr 20, 2017 9:00 PM
Oct 2016
otterman965 said:
Middle school romance. You messaged each other like you're best buddies, but when you saw her directly at school, you got nervous breakdown and forgot how to speak and act like human. How nostalgic.

IKR! nostalgic as fuck
Apr 20, 2017 9:04 PM

Feb 2013
Dawwwww. That was so cute :D

I guess this isn't the typical 'will they won't they' romance story, but the 'how does this relationship play out' kind of one, which I like~
Apr 20, 2017 9:04 PM
Jul 2015
If this anime ends up with 12 episodes I'm so done with this industry
Cooking is like fapping.

It can be lots of struggle when you're in the middle of it. Sometimes it gets hard and boring. When you're about to finish you're filled with excitement. Then finally you get to enjoy the result of your hardwork. Sometimes it doesn't meet your expectation. But most of the times you feel like you're in paradise and your struggle were not in vain.

But then comes the messy aftermath you have to clean up.
Apr 20, 2017 9:15 PM
Aug 2016
their interactions really gave me a nostalgic feelings, as i experienced this kind of romantic course back at the same time azumi and akane in this anime: third year, middle school.

so, yeah, things that happen in anime might be happen real life too.

regardles...

i agree with the first post. it caught me off guard, and it was critically super effective againtst me! how am i now thinking akane will think a day or two after being said something about Hira. and now why am i being this negative? ahh! i dont care anymore! please, next week already!
AeroSNApr 20, 2017 9:26 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2017 9:21 PM
Mar 2016
I can definutly see this anime as being the arty one of the season, although it is simplistic, I do enjoy just the background art.

I can see this competeing with Kuzu no Honaki.

As both have a teenage romance with beautiful art.

Although I am NOT saying they are the same! Practically completely different by the themes and so on,

Kuzu no Honkai- serious themes of maturity and the dark heart of love you cannot have, nor deserve

Tsuki ga Kirei - although the anime hasn't fully established itself, it has shown hints and themes of growing up (middle school after all), later puberty, anxiety on different levels (especially with the leads) and understanding the opposite gender

This is a anime I am ALWAYS looking forward to watching
Apr 20, 2017 10:23 PM
Jul 2016
I DEAD.... END
NEXT EP PLX
Apr 20, 2017 10:34 PM

Dec 2014
Lightningkid said:
If this anime ends up with 12 episodes I'm so done with this industry

Honestly I'd prefer 12 excellent episodes rather than 24 with prolonged overused cheap drama. But hey if they can bring out 24 episodes with the same quality I'm not going to stop them.
Apr 20, 2017 10:50 PM

Nov 2012
this show is so cute i can't take it
i really hope she says yes ahh ;_;
Apr 20, 2017 10:53 PM

Apr 2016
Man that's some beautiful artwork in this show. Almost as impressed with it as I was when Hibike first came out. The insert song along with the flowing visuals of the track meet and shrine cuts gave me goosebumps. What's with this season's insert songs and images? SukaSuka's Scarborough Fair and now this? Am I in heaven?

Still, I'm getting strong 5 cm/s vibes out of this. In a way, I hope it goes somewhat down that route as it could transcend this from a simple cutesy teenage romance to a real amazing anime. Bring the feels. My heart is ready.

Apr 20, 2017 11:15 PM
Jan 2016
THE MUSIC IN THE MIDDLE OF EPISODE REALLY SURPRISE ME. IT'S SOUNDTRACK FROM Sora no Otoshimono ANIME.

Hatsukoi by Saori Hayami. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uawDqFXIFLg

This music give me nostalgic. I wonder are this two animes from the same Studio?

Apr 20, 2017 11:48 PM
Nov 2010
Dat cliffhanger!!!! They're so cute together. I'm glass this progressing in a timely fashion instead of holding out till the finale. What will she say??????
Apr 20, 2017 11:58 PM

Jan 2008
I'm really a sucker for this kind of love stories. Such pure love ~

The ending caught me off guard, because it thought it will build up at a slower pace. Now I'm really excited for next week and her answer ^^
Apr 21, 2017 12:18 AM

Mar 2014
guess they will break up at the end cuz the main female will move to tokyo again. this ep metions that her family had lived in tokyo before.
Apr 21, 2017 1:09 AM

Dec 2011
Damn this episode was so stressful.The last scene was great but now i can't wait to see what Akane will answer to Kotarou confession.
I thought that Akane would go out with that Hira guy and then near the end she will end with Kotarou and may be her friend Chinatsu would make a move on Kotarou.
Apr 21, 2017 1:19 AM

Mar 2016
Pretty good episode. Better than the last 2 as well. Did not expect that cliffhanger at all. Way to go my boy. Had the courage to ask her out :D

THESE TWO ARE REALLY CUTE TOGETHER. PLEASE SAY YES AKANE.

Apr 21, 2017 1:58 AM

Jan 2014
Say yes or kys please
Apr 21, 2017 2:04 AM

Jul 2013
Dude has balls.. strike while the iron is hot. Wait too long and he'll risk finding himself in the dreaded friend zone. This is especially true with popular girls.

Zemroid said:
kaaamos said:

Realism? LOL.

Just because you've had experiences (or just assume) like that doesn't mean all girls are like that. Not all girls like guys like the runner guy. They have different tastes like everyone and can easily prefer guys like the mc. Time to broaden your view on people.

I think that guy must have been put in the friend zone too many times after playing the "nice guy" card.
MoeGodApr 21, 2017 2:12 AM
Apr 21, 2017 2:16 AM

Mar 2013
The 3rd was really good. I could feel the nervousness and awkwardness lol. And the insert song was a nice touch to it. Loved it. But didn't expected the progress that earlier in the show. I'm just having a bad feeling that the ending will turnout bittersweet. At least that's what the title seems to imply much.
Apr 21, 2017 2:26 AM

Mar 2014
So far this show is great. It pictures pure, innocent love of shy youngsters in a way that I can't stop smiling while watching this. It's so heartwarming. Im already way past the age of that kind of romantic love so I appreciate the opportunity to dive in into such cute story that also, at least for me, has slightly nostalgic vibe.
Apr 21, 2017 2:53 AM

Dec 2016
The insert song was great. I hope Akane doesn't refuse him!
Apr 21, 2017 3:04 AM
Nov 2014
Great episode. Much cute.

Couldn't stop smiling like a baka because everything is so pure and cute. Exploded when he asked her out underneath the moonlight.

I just need Akane to say yes and then I'm done. My heart can't handle any bittersweet drama.
Apr 21, 2017 3:17 AM

Aug 2008
Oh? That was actually faster than I thought, with how slow and meek they both are.

I see three things happening. She accepts, of course. She friendzones him out of the bat. Or, it gets complicated and asks for time to consider it, as these kind of tropes usually go.
I'm thinking the latter, and it will probably get more complicated, as the series is likely just on a fourth of the way finished.
Apr 21, 2017 3:34 AM

Jan 2016
I think this episode reveal a lot of secret that could be happening in the future. Will Akane transfer school because of her father work? Because her sister said that there's a chance for her father have to move again because of work etc.. Will Chinatsu have a fight with Akane because of tracks? Because it seems that Chinatsu is really motivated to beat Akane's record at track. There's also a posibilities of Chinatsu falling in love with Kotarou too etc.. Can't wait for the next episode though that cliffhanger really got me.
Apr 21, 2017 4:32 AM

Apr 2012
This was just simply great.
At the end there I was getting all warm and fuzzy accompanied by going full on fanboying.

Suffice to say when he asked her out I had to pinch myself a little.
I not prepared for that, literally from the left field.
Had me going " Yooo!!!! Koutarou mah boiiii!!!!"

PLEASE SAY YES.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Apr 21, 2017 5:56 AM

Apr 2015
great episode...
really like the insert song... Nao Touyama??
can't wait for her reply...
Apr 21, 2017 7:30 AM

May 2016
Wow,a confession already within 3 eps?The MC sure has balls.He kinda reminds me of Banri from Golden Time.

The realism here-you chat alot in phones but in real life,you don't even speak to each other lol.

The insert song was also nice,i want to know its name when the ost goes out.

I just hope that he doesn't pull a "chill bro that was a joke" thing because if he did,oh boi *triggered*
Apr 21, 2017 7:57 AM

Oct 2016
Episode 3 and I can already tell this is gonna be the underdog anime of the season - beautifully paced, well-rounded characters, realistic characterization, soothing music, simple premise. If one were to identify this anime then it's romance at its purest and nothing else. The only complaint I would probably have is the lack of attention it gets. If the rest of the season is on par with what we have until now, then in composition and execution this series can rival popular names like Your Lie in April, Clannad, or even Your Name in terms of romance. Time and time again this industry has demonstrated that the best of the best shows do not necessary generate the most groundbreaking premises, but rather polish the oldest tropes and archetypes to perfection.
Apr 21, 2017 8:28 AM

Jan 2015
THIS IS THE BEST ANIME EVER 10/10 AOTS for me already!!! Gogogogogo Let's go Akane.
ANd i think what i like the most apart from the best 2 leading charcters and their OVERLY CUTE Relationship, not to mention beautiful songs that are really touching. What i like the most i think is just how realistic it is. Just look at the dialogues, there are no overly long dialogues where you question how a person can actually say so much in real life, especially if its a middle school student. This anime really has realistic dialogues, dialogues are not long,they talk just like a regular person will and that's what i love.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

625 by NakiNakiNaki »»
Jun 4, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

250 by database_animal »»
May 3, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2017

132 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.