Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 17, 2017 6:31 PM
Sep 2014
If you haven't realized it yet, they pretty much hinted that the Military Villain girl is the MC's creation in the future. Maybe she time traveled to prevent something bad that happened to him in the future so she wants to stop the creation of new worlds.
Apr 17, 2017 7:13 PM

Jun 2013
A boring and long infodump. :( It's a bit unfortunate that all of the chars are adapting so quickly to the real world, even to the point of throwing around phrases like "in my world..."; have they already seen enough of the real world to associate an distinct and separate identity to it?

I loved the second half though. It was amusing that, though for different reasons, the magical girl Madoka-lookalike also broke down (not that Madoka had a major breakdown, I mean like other chars in the series). That girl embodies so many tropes from the magical girl genre, it's great. :3

Btw, she attacked the sword girl b/c that's what you do in typical magical girl shows: beat the villain to change the villain's mind and befriend him. Brilliant touch.
Apr 17, 2017 7:21 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This show has some of the most dry and uninteresting dialogue I've ever read. To me, this episode a big step down from the first.

The fighting between the two girls felt wildly unnecessary.
Apr 17, 2017 8:12 PM
Jul 2014
Todd_ said:
This show has some of the most dry and uninteresting dialogue I've ever read. To me, this episode a big step down from the first.

The fight makes sense if you consider that the characters are operating by the internal logic of their universes. Mamika attacked Celesia because, in her mind, defeating her would "make her see reason."

That being said, Celesia's not all that different, as Himegimi noted back in Episode 1. Celesia is, however, far more adaptable.
Apr 17, 2017 9:42 PM
Jul 2016
This show is going a long way: contrary to what some have no idea have said, the show has done the introduction and shown the personality of each character, which can be placed as development, also following the premise of the characteristics of worlds, And the clashes between them in the real world. King Hiroe is a good writer, and the director is not bad either.The series is going well.
Apr 18, 2017 12:14 AM

Mar 2014
messy plots with bunch of dull characters.
Apr 18, 2017 12:47 AM
Oct 2013
Todd_ said:

Not really unnecessary if you watch and understand how the world of magical girls works. Her action to attack out of nowhere is part of her world's context and her 'created' personality. You can tell it from how confused she is after hurting Celestia.

Great show on the other hand. Reverse isekai is something no one has ever tried so I'm quite interested in this anime. Good season. There are lots of good shows this season like Kado and Alice.
ExplodingGirlApr 18, 2017 12:54 AM
Apr 18, 2017 1:29 AM

Jul 2016
lmao xD with the expectation of Celestia from her creator, hope for not stupid looking creator.

Seems like its getting serious, another characters spawn up, a magical girl and a last boss.

I guess the creator of Himegimi is somehow related to Souta, she knows a lot about Souta. I'm curious to the girl who suicide at the first episode, he seems like a creator also.
Apr 18, 2017 3:15 AM
Apr 2016
Homura_ said:
Well, otakubait. Since it is so wish-fulfilling, it is going to attract many people.

Nothing amazed me from this episode. Things do not make much of sense either. Example, the characters could have been still cosplayers. Or do they have the voice actor's voice?

The action scene was dull, throwing those characters out of nowhere.

The process of creation is complex one, without an original voice actor she would not have her own voice, just a moving picture. Obivously she would be a 100% of the creators idea in mind and execution. Her existence as she is now came to be after she received her voice actor. I do not know how to explain it in more simple terms.
Re:formed
Apr 18, 2017 4:27 AM
Apr 2017
I think Mahou shojou in this episode is pretty annoying. So, it's make her panic scence more fun to watch :D
Apr 18, 2017 4:32 AM

Jan 2010
Daniel_Naumov said:
Homura_ said:
Well, otakubait. Since it is so wish-fulfilling, it is going to attract many people.

Nothing amazed me from this episode. Things do not make much of sense either. Example, the characters could have been still cosplayers. Or do they have the voice actor's voice?

The action scene was dull, throwing those characters out of nowhere.

The process of creation is complex one, without an original voice actor she would not have her own voice, just a moving picture. Obivously she would be a 100% of the creators idea in mind and execution. Her existence as she is now came to be after she received her voice actor. I do not know how to explain it in more simple terms.

Also, the fact that her creator said she was 'exactly how he imagined her' goes to show that she didn't necessarily need to be mistaken as a cosplayer. Sure, in terms of anime, we could generalize her design as being 'any other cosplayer' if she were to come into the real world. But in reality, if the character you came up with yourself showed up in front of you with the exact image you had in mind, you'd know something is up.

The action scene also was the highlight for most people as it did tackle the inner conflict for Mamika being a magical girl caught up in reality/the workings of her world clashing with Celesia's or ours in general, as explained by most other people here.

Aaaand I'm also surprised that a couple of people are trampling on Souta when he hasn't done anything annoying and we're 2 episodes in, lol.
Apr 18, 2017 4:47 AM
Apr 2016
SojiroUtaite said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Aaaand I'm also surprised that a couple of people are trampling on Souta when he hasn't done anything annoying and we're 2 episodes in, lol.

"He ain't OP, he ain't DOPE" as the redneck saying goes.
Apr 18, 2017 5:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The series has a pretty good opening theme as well
Lol well media can refer to a wide range of topics in japan which in this case refers to anime and manga.
Imagine meeting characters that you had seen in a game in real life though lol.
Hmm Meteora may be a bit slow in understanding human emotions but she she does she's pretty kind. A seeker of knowledge will be a apt term for her i think. Hmm her magic book is pretty useful. Hmm so restoration magic can be used for messy rooms as well eh.
Hmm for fictional characters that already exist in media to cross to the other side there has to be a reason for that. Lol Meteora does eat a bit too much lol. Lol Celestia and Meteora's reaction to the street art though lol. But fictional characters should not be able to recognize that their worlds are descended from the original world though. So i wonder is the creators the ones that created their worlds though. Hmm so the mysterious girl that Celestia fought seeks to collide this real world with the fictional worlds eh. Its nice that the main character has a good relationship with these two though. It does seem that mysterious girl does seem to know the main character though. Lol so the restoration magic did not work as intended eh.

So the first step is to find the creator that created their worlds in the first place eh. A logical step. One of the greatest tools in modern day life is the internet lol. But finding the creator and meeting them is two separate things. I think the authors and animators will be shocked that a fictional character that they created is standing in front of them in the flesh. Lol Celestia's reaction to seeing herself on screen. Looks like her visit will be more than a talk lol. Hmm i wonder did Sota actually create the world by including fictional characters into his work.
Lol thats one way of drawing the attention of the writer though. Celestia still isn't used to having a photo taken eh lol. Lol Celestia doesn't have a high opinion of her creator lol. Lol that meeting that she had with her creator though. And it seems she was right lol. The revelation that Celestia is real though lol.

Hmm so a new girl also appears as well eh. A cute one at that as well. Despite coming from the same world it seems that this girl doesn't know their names lol. So she has the same goals as well in that she also knows that the people of this world are their creators too eh. So Mamika seems to be a person that wants everyone to be happy and peaceful. An admirable attitude. Hmm a fight between Mamika and Celestia eh. How to explain to the writer that this is actually taking place lol. In her story Mamika probably wins her battles without hard fought combat but in Celestia's this type of combat is normal for her. Though credit to her for trying so hard to convince Cesletia that she is right though. True justice achieved through force is nothing but a false promise. Hmm one more character joins the cast this episode. Thats a pretty cool looking spirit that the guy has as his companion though. Wow four characters from four different stories have shown up. Things are getting pretty interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2017 8:07 AM

Dec 2013
Good..
Damn opening is good, and that magical girl must face reality.

I think i will love the pentagram girl.. can't wait to see her.
Skill 1 - Mask Maker.
Skill 2 - Binding Spell.
Skill 3 - Conceal Darkness.
Skill 4 - Mind Shield..
Apr 18, 2017 9:16 AM

Jun 2016
Tokoya said:
they managed to explain the world
Not really, they actually didn't explain anything yet. All we got was a little bit of theorizing from Meteora.

I'm curious to see how the actual explanation is going to look like. From what we've seen thus far the simulation hypothesis would probably make the most sense with Soutas world being some kind of hub world (but still not the real one) able to create / influence the other ones.
NoumuApr 18, 2017 9:37 AM
Apr 18, 2017 11:09 AM
Apr 2016
Noumu said:
Tokoya said:
they managed to explain the world
Not really, they actually didn't explain anything yet. All we got was a little bit of theorizing from Meteora.

I'm curious to see how the actual explanation is going to look like. From what we've seen thus far the simulation hypothesis would probably make the most sense with Soutas world being some kind of hub world (but still not the real one) able to create / influence the other ones.

Or there will not be any as this is a work of fiction intending to make others think outside the materialistic walls. If they are doing it right, there will not be any need for an explanation and in the end everything goes back to being normal.
Apr 18, 2017 12:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Todd_ said:

Agree with this. I hope the dialogue and interactions pick up-
Agh, I hope that the wildly annoying (unfortunately inevitable) and loud loli magical girl character has secondary status. I don't think I can stomach her shouting for half an episode at the time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 18, 2017 4:19 PM
Mar 2016
I am mixed on this show. It has potential to go off and become a really unique story, or it might just become meta as fuck and fall into the pile of unoriginal ideas. Still need two episodes, but I hope there are some really good fight scenes. I'm hoping for a kick ass fight next episode
Apr 18, 2017 6:05 PM
Jul 2014
RyanWisemanMusic said:
I am mixed on this show. It has potential to go off and become a really unique story, or it might just become meta as fuck and fall into the pile of unoriginal ideas. Still need two episodes, but I hope there are some really good fight scenes. I'm hoping for a kick ass fight next episode

If you want a general idea of what's in store for the first three to four episodes, I recommend that you watch the third preview for the series.
Apr 18, 2017 7:42 PM

Jan 2014
Ah, definitely one of my favorite anime of the season so far.
Apr 18, 2017 11:19 PM

Jul 2007
Wheew, this is as shlocky and as trashy as expected. Who knew that the most LN-like work of the season would be something anime-original.

Nothing really original, typical harem hijinks, premise pretty much ripped off from fate works, bland shy black haired japanese MC, flustered foreigner tsundere, deadpan foreigner kuudere - it has all the elements of a light novel adaptation yet is completely original. That is ironic in on itself especially for a work who seems to chide and make fun of the works it borrows heavily from.

Fights so far are okay-ish too - nothing really special but watchable. The OP is as generic as it gets, the music does not stand out. The production beyond the clear money put into it is average all around.

While the direction continues to be meh, at least second episode did not have the dumb glasses POV scene this time, so that's an improvement I guess.

I guess this should be decent popcorn watch and maybe hatewatch if it goes into same trainwreck direction as Aldnoah Zero did. A kind of show where you grab some popcorn sit down on the couch and turn off your brain for 20 minutes watching stuff happen.

3/5 for episode, I hope things go more nonsensically bonkers latter on.
Apr 19, 2017 1:19 AM

Sep 2016
Fai said:
Wheew, this is as shlocky and as trashy as expected. Who knew that the most LN-like work of the season would be something anime-original.

Nothing really original, typical harem hijinks, premise pretty much ripped off from fate works, bland shy black haired japanese MC, flustered foreigner tsundere, deadpan foreigner kuudere - it has all the elements of a light novel adaptation yet is completely original. That is ironic in on itself especially for a work who seems to chide and make fun of the works it borrows heavily from.

Fights so far are okay-ish too - nothing really special but watchable. The OP is as generic as it gets, the music does not stand out. The production beyond the clear money put into it is average all around.

While the direction continues to be meh, at least second episode did not have the dumb glasses POV scene this time, so that's an improvement I guess.

I guess this should be decent popcorn watch and maybe hatewatch if it goes into same trainwreck direction as Aldnoah Zero did. A kind of show where you grab some popcorn sit down on the couch and turn off your brain for 20 minutes watching stuff happen.

except aldnoah zero actually has far better premise while this anime will probably stay wish fulfilling otaku bait anime with otaku casts and pretty gurls with meta jokes.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 19, 2017 3:09 AM

Apr 2015
damn... really like the OP music video... really cool
Celestia looks like Yusa Emi from Hataraku Maou-san... lol
the fighting kinda random though, but still the animation is so cool
never knew magical girl can be that deadly...
yuyaa guy looks cool too, can wait for his fighting scene
Apr 19, 2017 8:09 AM

Jul 2007
Hound_dogs said:
valvravetruth said:
This series may come close to FATE/series, rather than Eldnoah or Any series.

Actually, the director is the same as Fate/Zero

Which is also director of Aldnoah Zero.

So far this is nothing like fate beyond ripping off the basic premise and dumbing it down(replace historical figures with ln characters that otaku are more likely to recognize)
Apr 19, 2017 11:16 AM
Jul 2014
Fai said:
Hound_dogs said:

Actually, the director is the same as Fate/Zero

So far this is nothing like fate beyond ripping off the basic premise and dumbing it down(replace historical figures with ln characters that otaku are more likely to recognize)

I find your accusation of "ripping off" and "dumbing down" Fate/Zero and Fate/stay-night to be very wrong-headed.

Your comparison is like saying that "Aldnoah Zero" is unoriginal or "Full Metal Panic" is unoriginal because both use the same premise (mechanoid warfare where mechs are overwhelmingly superior to other forms of armored warfare) as Gundam.

While the basic premise might be the same (fiction fighting the real world), the details depart from the concept that the Fate series established. Additionally, if you stop to examine the show, especially for the fight scenes, you'll note that a lot of the characters (Mamika being the best example right now) operate by the internal logic of their genres, and that this gets criticized and examined to a certain depth. Thus, rather than dumbing down the show, the use of characters which represent genres allows for a broader and deeper exploration of them than might otherwise be possible by delving into any single one of those genres, particularly when it comes to notions of free will that have already been raised by the second episode.

firemagnetApr 19, 2017 11:24 AM
Apr 19, 2017 11:29 AM
Apr 2016
firemagnet said:
Fai said:

I find your accusation of "ripping off" and "dumbing down" Fate/Zero and Fate/stay-night to be very wrong-headed.

Your comparison is like saying that "Aldnoah Zero" is unoriginal or "Full Metal Panic" is unoriginal because both use the same premise (mechanoid warfare where mechs are overwhelmingly superior to other forms of armored warfare) as Gundam.

While the basic premise might be the same (fiction fighting the real world), the details depart from the concept that the Fate series established. Additionally, if you stop to examine the show, especially for the fight scenes, you'll note that a lot of the characters (Mamika being the best example right now) operate by the internal logic of their genres, and that this gets criticized and examined to a certain depth. Thus, rather than dumbing down the show, the use of characters which represent genres allows for a broader and deeper exploration of them than might otherwise be possible by delving into any single one of those genres, particularly when it comes to notions of free will that have already been raised by the second episode.

If it is any consolation they do not mean most of it, it's mere words for them to express their cra... opinions. If this does not make them reflect on what has already been said about being a responsible creator, I myself would not expect much from them in regards to critical standing.
Apr 19, 2017 3:07 PM

Oct 2013
This has some vibes from Fate/Series. I like it :)

Actually Celestia reminded me of Emi from Hataraku Maou-sama and Mamika reminded me of Madoka.
Apr 19, 2017 3:41 PM

Jul 2007
firemagnet said:
Fai said:

Its literally the exact same premise but with different figures and it is helmed by the dude who directed Fate Zero. So yes they are trying to recapture the same ideas. Then again that much has been obvious since the beginning. And yes it is simplified - knowing historical references takes education and knowledge, while recognizing your favorite LN waifu in a character is far easier and caters to otaku audience far more. People who buy hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise are far more likely to care or recognize the things that pander to them rather than historical references or figures.

Aldnoah Zero WAS unoriginal. It was a Discount Gundam but even worse than recent gundam shows were.
Fullmetal Panic differentiated itself by having a thorough military angle and a fair bit of sol interacting with that. It was not perfect or most original but it had original bits from the start.

You are making the show's premise and set up sound way more complex than it actually is. None of what you said is explored. So far all of the characters are extremely one-note(Bland Black Haired Shy Japanese MC-Kun who has Assertive Tsundere foreigner waifu and comedy relief kuudere foreigner waifu living in his room) and the story is typical and akin to the kind of story this show takes meta-jabs at(Mysterious badguy with connection to MC wants to change the world for mysterious reason, which leads to MC's life changing when he meets the heroine and then MC and his team of underdog waifus try to stop the mysterious villain while having anime hijinks).
Its all literally just an excuse to have a bunch of anime and LN stereotypes fight against each other in a battle royale. The show is not trying to be "deep" or "complex" or explore anything. That much is already clear by those two episodes. Everything is extremely standard and by the book for this kind of show.

And as long as it fulfills that quota of having decent action and doe snot become aldnoah zero level of dumb, it will be an okay show to turn off brain to. The only real question is whether we will get a beach or hot springs episode along the way(which I'd say is quite likely to be honest) and whether the tsuntsun LN heroine will fall head over heels for MC just because(which again is very likely).
AhenshihaelApr 19, 2017 3:51 PM
Apr 19, 2017 4:15 PM

Aug 2012
This can be the best anime in this year if it develops
Apr 19, 2017 5:00 PM
Jul 2014
Fai said:
firemagnet said:

Its literally the exact same premise but with different figures and it is helmed by the dude who directed Fate Zero. So yes they are trying to recapture the same ideas. Then again that much has been obvious since the beginning. And yes it is simplified - knowing historical references takes education and knowledge, while recognizing your favorite LN waifu in a character is far easier and caters to otaku audience far more. People who buy hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise are far more likely to care or recognize the things that pander to them rather than historical references or figures.

Aldnoah Zero WAS unoriginal. It was a Discount Gundam but even worse than recent gundam shows were.
Fullmetal Panic differentiated itself by having a thorough military angle and a fair bit of sol interacting with that. It was not perfect or most original but it had original bits from the start.

You are making the show's premise and set up sound way more complex than it actually is. None of what you said is explored. So far all of the characters are extremely one-note(Bland Black Haired Shy Japanese MC-Kun who has Assertive Tsundere foreigner waifu and comedy relief kuudere foreigner waifu living in his room) and the story is typical and akin to the kind of story this show takes meta-jabs at(Mysterious badguy with connection to MC wants to change the world for mysterious reason, which leads to MC's life changing when he meets the heroine and then MC and his team of underdog waifus try to stop the mysterious villain while having anime hijinks).
Its all literally just an excuse to have a bunch of anime and LN stereotypes fight against each other in a battle royale. The show is not trying to be "deep" or "complex" or explore anything. That much is already clear by those two episodes. Everything is extremely standard and by the book for this kind of show.

And as long as it fulfills that quota of having decent action and doe snot become aldnoah zero level of dumb, it will be an okay show to turn off brain to. The only real question is whether we will get a beach or hot springs episode along the way(which I'd say is quite likely to be honest) and whether the tsuntsun LN heroine will fall head over heels for MC just because(which again is very likely).

So, to boil down your argument, you dislike this show for two reasons:

1) you feel that it's too formulaic, and the characters too disintresting because they hew too closely to established character tropes.

2)More importantly, and more specifically rage-inducing for you, you feel that the show is directed at a specific audience; because of your thinly disguised loathing for that audience and genre, you refuse to consider the show on its own merits, and simply denounce it as "dumbed-down trash."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks at F/SN and F/SN: UBW

"And as long as it fulfills that quota of having decent action and doe snot become aldnoah zero level of dumb, it will be an okay show to turn off brain to. The only real question is whether we will get a beach or hot springs episode along the way(which I'd say is quite likely to be honest) and whether the tsuntsun LN heroine will fall head over heels for MC just because(which again is very likely)."

wait for it...
super powered girls who fall head over heels for generic shonen average guy? check
generic shonen hero with random ability who slowly grows into near demi-god status? check.
random ridiculously overpowered enemies who can stand against entire armies? check.
beach/hotsprings episode? check.
relies on well known material from history and storytelling? check.

"Its all literally just an excuse to have a bunch of anime and LN stereotypes mythical heroes fight against each other in a battle royale. The show is not trying to be "deep" or "complex" or explore anything. That much is already clear by those two episodes. Everything is extremely standard and by the book for this kind of show. "

FTFY.

I don't see anything valid in your critique, given the above. This is just you raging because the show isn't doing what you'd like.

Recreators is at least aware enough of the genres it's playing off of to have them lampoon each other and begin to deconstruct those genres to a certain extent. There is no such action in F/SN and F/SN:UBW.

Moreover, the show doesn't have to cover new ground. It just has to stand on its own merits and the characters ought to be interesting to the intended audience.

In spite of this, you continue to rail against the show not because the show isn't good, but because you despise the audience it's aimed at. Given that, I must ask:

why the hell are you watching and commenting on this show if you want nothing to do with it?

Apr 19, 2017 5:21 PM
Oct 2015
NevrGonaGivUup said:
It didnt really make sense to me why the magical girl attacked selestia. I feel like they just wanted to have an action scene this episode.
it was forced on purpose. As that magical girl comes from a world where everything is always solved with fights and there's no death at all, for her it's natural that anyone against her should be the reason for a fight
Apr 19, 2017 5:37 PM
Oct 2015
Just me thinking himegimi may be the author of re:creators through his own representative character and that's why she seems to know well the MC?
Apr 19, 2017 6:20 PM
Jul 2014
Andre_Luiz said:
Just me thinking himegimi may be the author of re:creators through his own representative character and that's why she seems to know well the MC?

IIRC that was brought up in episode 2 but they decided that they didn't have enough information. To paraphrase Meteora specifically "these events could be a work of fiction in this world that we are acting out."
Apr 19, 2017 11:28 PM

May 2009
I fell in love with the OP song + sequence. *^*

"If you stop training, the skills you acquired will get rusty fast. Your unborn world is waiting for you... so that it can join the millions of stories in existence like the stars in a galaxy. Continue your training." - Meteora
Okay, now this reminds me to finish my own story. -_____-

Oh God... Now I really want to see my favorite characters from different series to interact with each other! XD

Andre_Luiz said:

I was actually thinking MC created her but MC don't know her... so this one is more possible. :))

Anyway... Another great episode! I really love it how magical girl got the real world slapped to her face. xD Everything's great. :D Looking forward in seeing the other characters and meeting their creators :D

About MC though... Nah, he said he's just the narrator so I won't expect anything from him. Just going to focus on the created characters. :D

Cute ED theme too. :)

5/5

MagePhairaApr 19, 2017 11:37 PM

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Apr 19, 2017 11:28 PM

Jul 2007
firemagnet said:

I never said I dislike it? Its a perfectly fine popcorn watch and it is not trying to be more. I am okay with that as long as it doe snot get too dumb.

1) you feel that it's too formulaic, and the characters too disintresting because they hew too closely to established character tropes.

I don't just "feeL" that it is too forumaic.
IT IS. The show is not trying to be anything unique and yet again there's no problem with that.

"And as long as it fulfills that quota of having decent action and doe snot become aldnoah zero level of dumb, it will be an okay show to turn off brain to. The only real question is whether we will get a beach or hot springs episode along the way(which I'd say is quite likely to be honest) and whether the tsuntsun LN heroine will fall head over heels for MC just because(which again is very likely)."

wait for it...
super powered girls who fall head over heels for generic shonen average guy? check
generic shonen hero with random ability who slowly grows into near demi-god status? check.
random ridiculously overpowered enemies who can stand against entire armies? check.

See if you are judging by anime adaptations I don't blame you. That's all FSN anime adaptations are to be honest.

Otherwise I will just laugh at someone as complex and as trope-subversive as SHirou being called "generic shonen hero". Because, lol, no.

"Its all literally just an excuse to have a bunch of anime and LN stereotypes mythical heroes fight against each other in a battle royale. The show is not trying to be "deep" or "complex" or explore anything. That much is already clear by those two episodes. Everything is extremely standard and by the book for this kind of show. "

FTFY.

Except that FSN(the source material) has actual themes it explores and it absolutely does try to be complex and barely h as any actual fighting, most of which is spent via describing the main character's thought process.

I don't see anything valid in your critique, given the above. This is just you raging because the show isn't doing what you'd like.

Friendly reminder that ad hominem is not a form of argumentation.

Recreators is at least aware enough of the genres it's playing off of to have them lampoon each other and begin to deconstruct those genres to a certain extent. There is no such action in F/SN and F/SN:UBW.

You must be joking. FSN is literally deconstruction of superhero genre exploring implications of such a behavior within realistic world and what could cause it as well as depicting three different directions such a contradiction could be resolved with, each representing three different common literary archetypes of a hero, with Zero adding the fourth one.

The only thing comparable to recreators writing is the premise which I already covered. And even that is dumbed down and no that's not up to an argument - historical figures do require more education than knowing LN tropes.

Moreover, the show doesn't have to cover new ground. It just has to stand on its own merits and the characters ought to be interesting to the intended audience.

Which is why as long as Recreators does action good it will be okay. Because the show is not pretending its anything else. Its an action show where parodies of ln characters and stuff fight each other in flashy action scenes.

In spite of this, you continue to rail against the show not because the show isn't good, but because you despise the audience it's aimed at. Given that, I must ask:

Nice try putting words into my mouth that I did not say.

why the hell are you watching and commenting on this show if you want nothing to do with it?

"I-I-If you don't like it don't watch it!"
That's not how world works. There's no just "LOVE IT/HATE IT" in the scale.
The show is fine despite its shortcomings and is a decent way to kill time.
Likewise you can't expect to just get everybody who has any sort of problem with a work to stop consuming it or stop criticizing it's shortcomings. Thats just not how art works.

"the show is okay popcorn watch I guess"
"OMG YOU HATE IT HOW DARE YOU"
Is literally strangest level of an overreaction. Especially for an anime original show that is widely considered average.
AhenshihaelApr 19, 2017 11:37 PM
Apr 20, 2017 4:50 AM
Mar 2012
Some interesting theories, Meteora suggesting the inception dilemma. Selestia disliking that Trueman Show feel. Conflict with Mamika whether to influence/fight the creators or not, to improve their own worlds.
Funny stuff on Mamika, goes from a kid's show to real destruction & not-censored blood, to a dark mahoushoujo mindbreak.
Visor boss sounds & looks great, 2nd hottest so far. 1st I think is Selestia's white mecha, that was beautiful.
OP like an aldnoah mecha drama, ED a SOL.
Apr 20, 2017 5:23 AM

Apr 2011
Oh please let them find a hentai doujin of themselves. Would be absolutely hilarious to see their Re:Actions (sorry, I'll see myself out) to that.
Apr 20, 2017 7:25 AM

Apr 2015
Seeing how Rei Hiroe is doing the character design, the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw Mamika was this:

Apr 20, 2017 12:32 PM
Apr 2016
Honestly if some find themselves "unable to fathom" the reason and symbolism behind the confrontation of Mamika and Selestia, whos world is three times closer to the "reality" than that of Mamika, then you can not blame the series itself, it did a great job and is finally producing some decent philosophy towards the (grey)mass media. The issue lies with your narrow, enclosed space you could call "consciousness" which simply does not react to more than one dimension, even if it is this series. But I doubt such an impairment, or, rather, yet to be enlightened ignorance, is not a single occurance. Not by the rules of THIS reality.
Apr 20, 2017 12:50 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
And don´t forget the surprise of the face on the creator, when he watch his creation walking...funn xd
Apr 20, 2017 1:34 PM
Apr 2016
What I dont understand is from which story the new guy is from? Is he from Celestia´s story? Then why didnt the author recognize him?
Apr 20, 2017 2:09 PM
Sep 2016
Surpuppa said:
What I dont understand is from which story the new guy is from? Is he from Celestia´s story? Then why didnt the author recognize him?
The guy with the purple spirit and the sword is the final boss from a video game, not Celestia's story.
Apr 20, 2017 2:10 PM
Apr 2016
Surpuppa said:

Come on even walls are better suited for art than the owner of this sentence! Have you not been reading the subtitles or what how can you possibly as a human being not understand those two lines of dialogue they drop!!! He is from some sort of story where he plays a rival of main character, they both know who he is they simply do not state the name of the story! Try harder please otherwise the whole "show" will be lost on you!
Apr 20, 2017 2:11 PM
Apr 2016
NevrGonaGivUup said:
Surpuppa said:
The guy with the purple spirit and the sword is the final boss from a video game, not Celestia's story.

NevrGonaGivUup said:
The guy with the purple spirit and the sword is the final boss from a video game

Rival =/= Final boss. Stay tuned for an actual explanation from the creators of this series.
Apr 20, 2017 3:03 PM
Jul 2014
Fai said:

Fai said:
firemagnet said:

I never said I dislike it? Its a perfectly fine popcorn watch and it is not trying to be more. I am okay with that as long as it doe snot get too dumb.

IT IS. The show is not trying to be anything unique and yet again there's no problem with that.

wait for it...

See if you are judging by anime adaptations I don't blame you. That's all FSN anime adaptations are to be honest.

Otherwise I will just laugh at someone as complex and as trope-subversive as SHirou being called "generic shonen hero". Because, lol, no.

FTFY.

Except that FSN(the source material) has actual themes it explores and it absolutely does try to be complex and barely h as any actual fighting, most of which is spent via describing the main character's thought process.

You must be joking. FSN is literally deconstruction of superhero genre exploring implications of such a behavior within realistic world and what could cause it as well as depicting three different directions such a contradiction could be resolved with, each representing three different common literary archetypes of a hero, with Zero adding the fourth one.

The only thing comparable to recreators writing is the premise which I already covered. And even that is dumbed down and no that's not up to an argument - historical figures do require more education than knowing LN tropes.

Which is why as long as Recreators does action good it will be okay. Because the show is not pretending its anything else. Its an action show where parodies of ln characters and stuff fight each other in flashy action scenes.

"I-I-If you don't like it don't watch it!"
That's not how world works. There's no just "LOVE IT/HATE IT" in the scale.
The show is fine despite its shortcomings and is a decent way to kill time.
Likewise you can't expect to just get everybody who has any sort of problem with a work to stop consuming it or stop criticizing it's shortcomings. Thats just not how art works.

"the show is okay popcorn watch I guess"
"OMG YOU HATE IT HOW DARE YOU"
Is literally strangest level of an overreaction. Especially for an anime original show that is widely considered average.

I quoted your original quote up above. Calling a show "trashy" et cetra, is a pretty clear indicator of dislike, as is noting your dislike for the director formulating it like a Light Novel, of which you made your dislike even more clear.

In turn, I'll remind you that noting that someone appears to be raging about a particular show is not an ad hominem. If I wanted to ad-homiem, I would have attacked your character rather than simply stating what you appeared doing.

Over the course of three posts you expressed distinct disdain for a particular audience and particular format. All I did was extrapolate.

Except that you're clearly bothered by it enough to comment on it at length and attempt to defend that position, so clearly you consider it to be more than a minor problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I-I-If you don't like it don't watch it!".......that's not how art works

Except that the sensible thing to do would have been to say "I consider this show worth watching to pass the time, but I'm going to note some flaws in it (state flaws 1,2,3,4....n)" and be done with it. Or simply not comment at all. Your level of emotional investment is disproportionate to your stated opinion of the show.

Additionally, I am not trying to shut out dissenting opinion here, I am noting that attacking a show for being formulaic is a waste of time. These narrative and character tropes are used because they work, and work well for the most part unless they are overplayed to an extreme. So, when you comment that a character is a "kuudere" or "tsundere," My automatic reaction is "what, exactly, is wrong with that?" I could just as easily point out that even more "original" shows use these characterizations. So this sort of critique isn't worth pursuing. It's like criticizing a Ford for using four wheels and an engine like a Chevy. You yourself implied (correctly) that animated shows and adaptations have to rely more on these because of the need to adapt to a live broadcast format and the time constraints that this imposes.

As such, there is nothing yet, two episodes in, that I have seen that validates the central point of your critique; you have not yet firmly established why, in your opinion, being formulaic in this fashion is bad. There is still plenty of time to flesh these characters out and make them more interesting.

I will grant you that the characters do rely on established narrative devices. However, the characters themselves are not unoriginal, nor are the concepts within the show. Moreover, this is deliberately done so that they can be played off of each other and explored or critiqued. Within the first two episodes, we already have several themes raised in this regard that are interesting in and of themselves:

1)Both Himegimi and Celesia have subtly lampooned the logic of the genre of another character, wherein both Celesia and Mamika operate to varying degrees upon the internal logic of their worlds as set by their creators; Himegimi points out that fighting as a form of negotiation to decide who is right is fundamentally useless, while Celesia points out that Mamika's logic is its own form of tyranny that no-one will accept.

2)We see Celesia's creator visibly go through a process of acceptance regarding his creation, and then begin to realize the consequences of the limits he placed upon her.

3) Yuuya is clearly not bound by the logic of his world, and takes the opportunity to trash and traumatize Mamika further. The entire fight is a partial deconstruction of all the genres involved.

4)Meteora's monologue itself is a thought-piece on what the measure of free will is in an event where fiction has come to life.

5) all of the characters represent a sliding scale of acceptance regarding fate, free will, and reactions to these notions.

Thus by no means is this show a "switch off your brain" show. Quite the opposite, in fact; each episode merits going back and watching to look for clues as well as study what issues are being brought up via the narrative.
firemagnetApr 20, 2017 3:37 PM
Apr 20, 2017 6:56 PM

Apr 2014
Better than I expected. Also, I have a feeling that Souta is the creator of Gunpuku no Himegimi.
This is interesting and Mamika's logic is such BS lol I guess that's mahou shoujo for you.
Apr 20, 2017 7:40 PM
May 2015
I have so many questions.
Does whatever force creating those worlds discriminate between ''canon'' and ''fanfiction'', or even ''headcanon''? Do characters have memories of things the author didn't write yet? From what point in their story are they summoned? Would live-action characters appear exactly as the actor playing their role? If a work was adapted to another medium and altered in the process, which version has ''priority'' over the other? Would it just create two separate worlds? Does Celestia not question why her armor exposes her chest?
WashadaApr 20, 2017 8:07 PM
Apr 20, 2017 10:25 PM

Oct 2013
We now have a magical girl in here, lul.
Apr 20, 2017 11:00 PM
Jul 2014
Washada said:
I have so many questions.
Does whatever force creating those worlds discriminate between ''canon'' and ''fanfiction'', or even ''headcanon''?

I doubt they'll go that deep, simply for the sake of time. OTOH, Meteora briefly touched upon it by essentially noting that there are "infinitely many possibilities."

Do characters have memories of things the author didn't write yet? From what point in their story are they summoned?

Not enough information to answer that definitively right now, though interactions with both Meteora and Celesia suggests that if multiple source materials exist then they are hybrids of them. For instance, Celesia was aware of events both in the light novel as well as the animated adaptation.

Would live-action characters appear exactly as the actor playing their role? If a work was adapted to another medium and altered in the process, which version has ''priority'' over the other? Would it just create two separate worlds? Does Celestia not question why her armor exposes her chest?

See above. Celesia is aware of both the events of the light novel as well as its animated adaptation.

As for armor? No. However from Episode 3's preview, she's clearly not happy about being clobbered by Mamika, and is dead-set on grilling her creator over it.

Episode preview here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrOnalalwVc
Apr 21, 2017 1:15 AM

Dec 2015
A lot of theoretical talking for very little things. But the typical "purification"/"KOing" heart attacks of magical girls becoming dangerous was funny.
The best part is still the addition of authors to the scene, we will even get a second one (based on the ending). Perfect if he is not the otaku in business the first is.

Obviously, the evil woman is coming from some amateur or simply unreleased work. It's also interesting that not only heros are imported (though the ratio male/female contradicts the good sense).

4/5 Any idea if the fiction characters are supposed to be archetypes of a genre or more precisely a wink to a real work of fiction?

edit: arf... "MALers" already dropping the "deconstruction" word. As soon as they can... no matter what the term means, it's MAL dictionary who rules over all logic.

@Yokurama
The big revelation leading to the meat of the story will only come in the episode 11 (or 12 if they go for a double middle episode), with most things before being there to introduce early characters then get to know them ("character-centric episodes", "fillers", depending on who you ask).
At least, that is the common schema of a full-length TV anime

edit @firemagnet Thank you.
Rei_IIIApr 21, 2017 10:08 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

267 by Raistlarn »»
Jul 15, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

260 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

207 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

237 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

244 by Karva1 »»
May 26, 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.