Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2017 4:33 PM

Jul 2015
"The Unmotivated Bastard" XD

This was really enjoyable
Apr 4, 2017 4:41 PM

Oct 2011
Hilarious first episode.
Can't wait to see the Op and ed song
Apr 4, 2017 4:42 PM
Oct 2014
looks okay, unfortunately the comedy felt too try-hard sometimes
Apr 4, 2017 4:50 PM

Nov 2013
This was like Sky Wizards Academy with a lazy sleazebag as MC.

The school uniforms of the girls are ridiculous. Nice endcard though.

I'm curious why the sexy prof is so concerned about Glenn.

I'll give this one or two more episodes.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 4, 2017 4:59 PM
Jul 2016
For those who were a newcomber to the series, Glenn will be the reason for this series to be a success. The story wasn't very original but Glenn himself carry the show to make sure you laugh, cry (But laugh most likely) to your heart's content. Think of Glenn as Onizuka in a magic school setting. The guy is the reason the series had so many fans. Also, more like Gintoki as well.
Apr 4, 2017 5:04 PM

May 2015
I'm not going to expect much from this show, but the first episode was kinda fun, lol.

Also, the girls having a little bit of fun together, heh. I approve.

Apr 4, 2017 5:06 PM

Dec 2016
This was great to watch.

Definitely worth all the hype it's received.

I really enjoyed this and looking forward to watching much more.

It wouldn't surprise me if the teacher actually has incredible power but will only use it at a certain moment.
Apr 4, 2017 5:12 PM

Nov 2013
while the 2 girls (and the teacher woman) looked nice...the guy wasn't funny at all...like wtf... (except for the part where he "attacked" the blond girl)

ofc the girls had to do ecchi things (i like how they didnt let go for like 1 minute while the guy was talking)
if i was a guy who usually drops shows this one would probably be the 1st to go... but i'll continue lol maybe next episode the guy will be better
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 4, 2017 5:16 PM
Jan 2017
What is this show trying to do, anyway? I wasn't expecting much from it, but the first episode was pretty slow in setting up the premise. I don't actually keep with the light novels, or any light novels in general, but the protagonist is unusual in the sense that he actually loses his first onscreen fight. We only know about Glenn is that he wanted to be a mage of justice but somewhere along the way, he became a lazy, unmotivated sleepyhead. His conflict with Sistine is both the backbone of the first episode and a huge part of the comedy; at least I know the series won't be lacking in comedy. It's not a bad start in and of itself, but the show hasn't actually impressed me. Still, I don't mind sticking around for a few more episodes.
Apr 4, 2017 5:36 PM

Aug 2015
Gonna continue watching since I read ahead and I believe the first episode is really weak compared to later events.
Apr 4, 2017 5:49 PM

Jan 2011
hold on you telling me this is a LN battle romance? that's breaking the norm with a non OP MC and doesn't take it self so seriously.

idontbelieveit.jpg after the long break of these countless adaptations i really hope this turns out to be a breath of fresh air

but really those uniforms are quite lewd garterbelts on garterbelts yo
Apr 4, 2017 5:50 PM

Oct 2015
I guess most people fail to see the point of anime in general. Who cares if it's generic? It was enjoyable and funny.
Apr 4, 2017 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
I loved it. Died laughing more than a few times, plus I'm really liking the MC. It stands out from the other magical school anime I've seen, so I shall keep my hopes up.
Apr 4, 2017 6:09 PM

Jul 2014
Jotakak said:
Lol why would people think this is a harem

I mean, the two main female characters seem gay for each other.

So it wasnt just me that noticed they were gay for each other? so... are they really gay? or they just some clingy ass bitches?
Apr 4, 2017 6:24 PM

Dec 2016
I read LN before and it is very good.
For the anime, this episode is great.
It made many people hate Glen.
I hope that those people will not drop this anime before seeing good things.
I can't wait for OP and ED next week.
Apr 4, 2017 6:30 PM

Jul 2014
Yuuki_bb said:
I read LN before and it is very good.
For the anime, this episode is great.
It made many people hate Glen.
I hope that those people will not drop this anime before seeing good things.
I can't wait for OP and ED next week.

I dont think people here hates Glen, its quite the opposite, we fcking like him for being like that, an easy going bastard is always fun and entertaining to watch than the typical scardy cat MC that needs development, Glen looks like he's developed from what the show tries to let out.
What people didnt like was the generic start.
Apr 4, 2017 6:35 PM

Sep 2011
This is higher rated than Oushitsu...sigh...
Apr 4, 2017 6:36 PM

Aug 2015
That was very random, but I thought it was kinda funny so not bad, i like the mc also 3/5
Apr 4, 2017 6:38 PM
Jun 2016
OK...Another school anime

Fanservice....check.
Tsundere character...check.
Les Yay....check
School with Academy in its name...Check.
Glasses wearing male student....check.
Unserious teacher....check
Sexy professor....check.

Though the story line looks good....for now....the fanservice uniforms of the girls (Highly impractical)....makes me give the anime 7/10 for now.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Apr 4, 2017 6:40 PM
Jun 2016
Spooty said:
So did this school pick out their uniforms at a fetish convention?

Very very apt comment.

Ah well.....anime.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Apr 4, 2017 6:48 PM

Jan 2014
-Stray said:
Jotakak said:
Lol why would people think this is a harem

I mean, the two main female characters seem gay for each other.

So it wasnt just me that noticed they were gay for each other? so... are they really gay? or they just some clingy ass bitches?

Anime likes to queer bait so we'll have to wait and see but from the first episode, it at least looks one-sided with Sisti liking her friend.
Apr 4, 2017 6:51 PM

Dec 2008
this was terrible what are you people smoking, i want some of that
Apr 4, 2017 6:53 PM

Apr 2011
It was okay. There's few funny scenes. And there's fanservice too.
Apr 4, 2017 7:04 PM

Aug 2016
This anime shows a lot of promise I think! Based on the intro and the fact that one of the best mages in history is backing him up, I think Glen may have an amazing backstory. The animation style is nice and I kind of like Glen's lazy attitude. I thought the outro was really cute too. Basically, I'm excited to see more of this. Also, what's up with their uniforms? it's ridiculously useless, but whatever
Apr 4, 2017 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
CartoonTyphoon said:
this was terrible what are you people smoking, i want some of that

Wasn't smoking anything aside from boredom before watching the episode. Tbh it was pretty hilarious at least to me. xD
Apr 4, 2017 7:38 PM

Sep 2015
Maybe he has a magic that no one else uses and it's op? Other than that I think he's like weak with basic magic?
Apr 4, 2017 8:11 PM

Feb 2012
Xarkiesami said:
Rinkawa said:
Does Glenn's character gets better? I seriously hate character's with attributes like that and is close to dropping this (this is the reason why I dropped Nabari no Ou and Chaos Dragon just for reference).
I do like Ryner of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu or Ikta of Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin however.

Sticking around just because of this. You think we will see his past in these 12 episodes? or is that something that happens much further down the line in the source material and we probably won't get to see.
Apr 4, 2017 8:52 PM

Nov 2011
I really didn't know what to expect going into this anime.
The animation, art, music, and character designs were pretty good. The girls in this anime are super cute.
Those School outfits are something though, good lord.

The teacher did say some funny things such as "I'll scan this image into my brain!" lol that seemed like an old school thing to say. Anime wise.

Other then that it seemed a little generic. Not really a fan of an anime where the MC has no stride to do anything other then being lazy.

Ill give it some more time though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 4, 2017 9:19 PM
Nov 2016
Am i the only one who didn't think this was a harem anime? It didn't show that kind of genre for me.
Apr 4, 2017 9:19 PM

Jun 2015
Quite generic, but did get a laugh. The school outfits are very.. wow though. Not sure how to feel about this series, since I kind of just began it since I haven't seen a magic anime in a while. I'll give it time though.
Apr 4, 2017 9:25 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah not a fan of the teacher. I just can't get behind a character thats actively ruining an entire class/school of kids from learning because he's being a baby about teaching. At least GTO wanted to try to teach even though he was bad at it. This isn't any different to me than trying to get Shinji to pilot the f*king mech to save the world. All I can think watching this is "Get over yourself you selfish douche."

It's ok to have characters like this if they're in kono suba where everyone is weird and a screw-up, they tend to get what they deserve. Everyone got a turn getting crapped on in kono suba. These kids in this show dont deserve this teacher. Even the relenting hero in Alderamin was better than this guy.

This reminds me of the male lead in Horizon too, he was a crappy character and one of the reasons I dropped that series.

I'm not surprised to see people find this funny, but I am surprised to see people saying they were dying laughing. It wasn't funny to me but even then.....

I'll keep watching this but so far I'm not at all engaged.
Apr 4, 2017 9:29 PM
Jul 2018
AholePony said:
Yeah not a fan of the teacher. I just can't get behind a character thats actively ruining an entire class/school of kids from learning because he's being a baby about teaching. At least GTO wanted to try to teach even though he was bad at it. This isn't any different to me than trying to get Shinji to pilot the f*king mech to save the world. All I can think watching this is "Get over yourself you selfish douche."

It's ok to have characters like this if they're in kono suba where everyone is weird and a screw-up, they tend to get what they deserve. Everyone got a turn getting crapped on in kono suba. These kids in this show dont deserve this teacher. Even the relenting hero in Alderamin was better than this guy.

This reminds me of the male lead in Horizon too, he was a crappy character and one of the reasons I dropped that series.

I'm not surprised to see people find this funny, but I am surprised to see people saying they were dying laughing. It wasn't funny to me but even then.....

I'll keep watching this but so far I'm not at all engaged.

Tbh I haven't seen GTO but well at the same time I heard that comparison from few others in all honesty. But well different executions perhaps how it works and I heard it gets explained why he is like this from what I was told from a friend of mine who has read the manga.

As for the "laughing" part I was already feeling bored the entire day so... it basically brought my mood up and I like these type of characters like Glenn to be honest which was a plus for me I guess. xwx
Apr 4, 2017 9:36 PM

Jul 2012
Symphyon said:

Tbh I haven't seen GTO but well at the same time I heard that comparison from few others in all honesty. But well different executions perhaps how it works and I heard it gets explained why he is like this from what I was told from a friend of mine who has read the manga.

As for the "laughing" part I was already feeling bored the entire day so... it basically brought my mood up and I like these type of characters like Glenn to be honest which was a plus for me I guess. xwx

I mean, that's fine it's just my personal opinion. I dont give a crap about his past, your past doesnt make it ok to act like a child when you're an adult. I dont care if he was raped, did rape, killed people, was abused by his parents, whatever. You don't go out into the world and screw with people's livelihoods (these kids' educations that they really seem to care about) and just brush it off because "I had a hard life :( ".

Like I said, it's how I personally feel and even if this is anime and a fantasy, I can't feel anything but contempt for a character like this, so unless he stops acting like a dickwad in the next 3 episodes and the show just makes excuses for him (oh he's just a hopeless asshole/bastard teehee) I'm not going to have a good time with this series.
Apr 4, 2017 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
AholePony said:
Symphyon said:

I mean, that's fine it's just my personal opinion. I dont give a crap about his past, your past doesnt make it ok to act like a child when you're an adult. I dont care if he was raped, did rape, killed people, was abused by his parents, whatever. You don't go out into the world and screw with people's livelihoods (these kids' educations that they really seem to care about) and just brush it off because "I had a hard life :( ".

Like I said, it's how I personally feel and even if this is anime and a fantasy, I can't feel anything but contempt for a character like this, so unless he stops acting like a dickwad in the next 3 episodes and the show just makes excuses for him (oh he's just a hopeless asshole/bastard teehee) I'm not going to have a good time with this series.

Understandable enough and well, I wasn't really trying to say that you're wrong but I do understand where you're coming from. And well understandable in your point in what you're saying since it just goes and maybe feels weird for your end. If that can be added up.
Apr 4, 2017 9:58 PM

Aug 2015
That's on OK episode for me, seems Glenn is a likeable MC/teacher and OP as well.
Apr 4, 2017 10:00 PM
Aug 2015
Typical Magic Academy show..
MC saw the girl wearing underwear, MC challenged by the girl in a magic battle..

Well, at least MC is a funny character..

3/5
Apr 4, 2017 10:14 PM
Feb 2016
Just want to say 1 thing about Glenn:1. He is not an idiot though he acts like that.

Apr 4, 2017 10:56 PM

Jan 2016
The MC had a duel with the heroine on the first episode. Wow I've never seen an anime with a first episode like this before XD

But still interesting and I enjoy the comedy in this anime. Can't wait to see the MC hidden power(if he has one that is)
Apr 4, 2017 11:08 PM

Jan 2009
Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that the direction decided to cut off right where they did it - because the tone will change significantly in ep2, and so will Glenn. Stopping where they did was quite misleading.

Actually, this doesn't help my confidence in the director very much...
Apr 4, 2017 11:31 PM

Jan 2013
Criticizes him for touching the girl...gropes her later on.
So sistine is the one you hate fuck.
Apr 4, 2017 11:42 PM

Dec 2016
Glenn just so happens to be the type of male MC that I like-- just the right amount of scum, charm and is potentially OP/interesting backstory. So I'll probably stick with this until either I get tired of the basic waifu bait characters or the plot crosses the fine line into trash territory.

Anime was the catalyst of my life's downward spiral.
Joining MAL was the nail in my coffin.

Every day I keep screaming into the void,
but god just tells me to shut up.
Apr 5, 2017 12:21 AM

May 2016
I love the scene where Glenn shoved that stir fried beans into Sistine's mouth ahaha.

I've always loved show that gives vibe like Irregular at Magic High School, Sky Wizards Academy, 35th Anti Magic Test Platoon & etc. It might be cliche', but I never find them boring.

This is definitely one of the anime that I'll be following till the end & will come out with a review later on.

11/10
Apr 5, 2017 12:38 AM

Jan 2014
did not expect to like it this much !

Laughed so many times in this episode

MC is funny as hell

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE !!!!!!

Edit: Frogot to mention, those school uniforms are very "unique" I like it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 5, 2017 12:47 AM

Dec 2014
the main characters are too dumb but somehow it still funny. i hope it can be explain later why he was choosen to become a substitute teacher.
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
Apr 5, 2017 12:57 AM

Jan 2014
Definitely gonna be the comedy of the season, lost count the number of times I was laughing in this episode xD

5/5 episode just because of how much fun I had with it
Apr 5, 2017 1:14 AM

Jan 2011
Guys, please give this show a chance. For me, it gets better as I'm reading the manga. I'll definitely be following this one this anime season.
Apr 5, 2017 1:50 AM
Jul 2015
Disappointing. The teacher lost? Wth?
Apr 5, 2017 2:20 AM

Jul 2013
Shirasho said:

Isn't Oushitsu that bishounen anime? how is it a surprise that a Konosuba clone is rated higher than an anime that most guys would avoid?
Apr 5, 2017 2:53 AM

Nov 2010
Generic trash for the middle school audience.
Apr 5, 2017 3:00 AM

Jan 2014
MoeGod said:
Shirasho said:

Isn't Oushitsu that bishounen anime? how is it a surprise that a Konosuba clone is rated higher than an anime that most guys would avoid?

This will be nothing like konosuba. Just keep watching you'll understand
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

259 by Firumuruart »»
Jun 7, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Apr 22, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2017

192 by SlightlyThicc »»
Jan 27, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.