Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2017 10:13 PM

Oct 2015
The simplicity of this thread is amazing, bores me the fuck out to even attempt to read it all, sorry lol, only read a bit of the first page, all the way to Pokemon kid's first reply I believe.

Honestly, who gives a shit, why even talk about this lmao.
You don't like simple stories that don't delve into a huge level of complexity/deep/meaning? (Example: Evangelion (INB4 EliTITZ cuckz reply with >evangelion
>complexity/deep/meaning
> LOL
Or some other cancer like that, lawl (btw, never watched Evangelion, lel, only like EP 1 I think or up to 3, or 2 Cx!)
Then go watch those deep Animes/Whatever other Japanese content.
You don't mind repetition, even with such simplicity and are "manzoku" with this type of story, as common as it might be? Then just watch it if you want to enjoy it, if not, you seek for something else, interest piquing to you and your taste specifically, honestly I'm a hypocrite for even replying to this cancer, hahahaha... X3

Probably because I'm bored and I'm doing random things, even tho I should be sleeping rn.

Oh well, bombard me with your witty replies my friends, roast me like karage if you so desire to ;3!!

but pls not my bott onii-chan!~

Quick Edit: My 369'd post is this huh? Heh.

"but pls not my bott onii-chan!~"

I made the right choice to say that, best timing on the world, unexpected asf baybeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!)
(dunkey <3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnDfQ9EUPDY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rLwyAcbsuE

LVL1GoblinApr 4, 2017 10:27 PM
Apr 5, 2017 4:52 AM

May 2013
If the girls are hot and the VA is somewhat relatable then I love them. If it's like Kiss x Sis where the lead characters are iredeemably shit but the girls are really REALLY hot then I can still love them. It's one of my favourite genres actually.

There's always at least one girl for me to fap to. Well, almost always.
Apr 5, 2017 7:50 AM

Apr 2014
If there is a girl with glasses and big boobs that can trip over a splinter or contact lens then the anime is shit, no opinion just fact
Pretty much how I walk into a harem series
Apr 5, 2017 6:43 PM

Nov 2014
I enjoy it quite a bit personally but won't bother explaining why since everybody is different.

But to put it in a simple example i just find them fun and enjoyable.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Apr 6, 2017 6:08 AM

Aug 2015
Because they are mostly all the same. Different types of girls so the audience can pick their favorite one to hope that she gets the bland and uninteresting MC at the end. The conversations, the personalities, the comedy scenes etc are almost all identical. The only big difference between them are the character appereances. And well, then there are some Harems like DxD that need to squeeze some lame plot with action and magic into it.
Apr 6, 2017 6:31 AM

Nov 2016
The harem genre isn't inherently bad but it's easy af to make one and it's usually full of cliches and cheap shit to get the lowest common denonimator, while never doing much romance since no girls is allowed to go too far with the MC. also MC is blank shit.
Apr 6, 2017 6:36 AM
Jul 2018
le_halfhand_easy said:
Because once you've seen one, you've seen them all.

It's the same slapstick humor, flat characters, over-reliance on external circumstances and temporary idiot balls for conflict and drama, and absolutely squat diddly character or story progression and investment.
Exactly this. I couldn't have said it better, thanks.
Apr 6, 2017 7:53 AM

Nov 2009
TripleSRank said:
I'm still waiting for a serious take on the genre to come around and expose all the issues with polygamy, perhaps in a situation where the girls don't necessarily have a choice in being part of the harem because the MC is royalty or something, but seeing the genre treated that seriously is probably just a dream.

"the girls don't necessarily have a choice" ruins the whole point, unless it's a sadistic show like He is My Master. (these sadistic shows tend to be mostly hentai, and tend to leave a bad taste in my mouth)
Being loved, or at least thought of as sexy because the MC is the only male around, is worth more than just having a bunch of girls in your grasp.
Well, a few shows start with a strained relationship, like Masou Gakuen HxH, and have the relationship become better as the series progresses.

Rinar said:
The harem genre isn't inherently bad but it's easy af to make one and it's usually full of cliches and cheap shit to get the lowest common denonimator, while never doing much romance since no girls is allowed to go too far with the MC. also MC is blank shit.

It might be easy to make a harem show, but making a harem show which can survive the intense competition in the genre is harder.

Harbur said:
HaXXspetten said:
Well they are often very repetitive and tend to have very inconclusive and unsatisfactory endings, not to mention bad protagonists

Doesn't mean good harems don't exist though, they're just a minority

I mainly blame the Authors for that part, because I don't know how they don't understand that everyone HATES and I mean HATES dense characters and unsatisfactory endings.

Please avoid speaking for me in the future. You might HATE something, but it does not mean everyone does. In fact, it is usually somebody's fetish.

Takuan_Soho said:
Well, I think the problem is that harems are plot armor to begin with, so just by itself it is bad. It takes a good talent to make a harem interesting

Wow, that's probably the most far-fetched use of the words "plot armor" I've ever seen.
FYI: Usually, "plot armor" refers specifically to important characters' ability to survive no matter what, because the author needs them for later. If you ever played Oblivion or Skyrim, you have probably seen it in action.

unlmtdbldwrks said:
because i start to like one of the girls so much i start to think..dang girl you deserve better then to be one of 11 girls in this guys harem...call me lame but it seems horribul to "share" lovers

That's when you start to imagine yourself as her lover, and declare her your waifu. :D
Surely you are better than that blank state protagonist.

0v33t1 said:
I don't hate harem. I just hate when almost no writer, for some reason, can execute it any differently than the previous one did.
Harbur said:

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense there sir.

It does. Well, when talking about battle harem anyway.
The next battle harem you watch has like +95% chance it's almost no different from the previous one.
The chance is still quite high for non-battle harems too.
The MC is either perverted as hell or this seemingly calm, cool type of guy (Most of the time it's the latter. Being perverted is something that actually adds to the character's imperfectness, which is actually a good thing in a sense.) that still gets embarrassed because of girls and has a power that's OP as fuck.
The girls always fall into the same stereotypes.
They fall in love with the MC because, why? I don't fucking know.

Battle harem MC? He can just as easily be hot-blooded type that rushes into danger, saves the girl he has never met before, and has a string of saved girls who have a crush on him.
Overpowered power? Not really necessary, quite a number of battle harem MCs can't even fight on their own, and rely on the girls to do the fighting, helping them with some buffs or tactics.
The girls fall in love with the MC because? Because one of several reasons:
1) Because MC is the only guy around, and girls tend to fall in love with guys. Being good-looking helps. Kamito and Ichika say hello.
2) Because the MC has a trait like "supernaturally attractive to monster girls". (well, I do not see this one often, but MCs from Monster Girl Quest game was like that)
3) Because the MC is cool and heroic guy. Why shouldn't girls like somebody like that?
4) Because the MC saved them when they were in trouble.
5) Because why not? Being good-looking helps.
6) Because girls are perverts who are into cute little boys like Negi.

Well, battle harem protagonists, especially the kind that can fight on their own, tend to be good-looking, cool and heroic. And help girls. So there is always plenty of reasons.
Apr 6, 2017 11:56 AM

Jun 2016
I dislike it. Even in monogatari, I don't like the "let's all compete to get the MC's love" even though he's usually a really average guy idea. And him being surrounded by a bunch of hot girls doesn't help. Also the fact that harem MCs almost never realize the girls are in love with them, and just go with the flow because they're "nice". I don't watch a lot of harem - obviously - so my opinion is probably flawed, I know there are good shows in this genre but I dislike the concept in general.
* Silent Antagonist*

Apr 6, 2017 12:36 PM
Oct 2012
flannan said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Well, I think the problem is that harems are plot armor to begin with, so just by itself it is bad. It takes a good talent to make a harem interesting
Wow, that's probably the most far-fetched use of the words "plot armor" I've ever seen. FYI: Usually, "plot armor" refers specifically to important characters' ability to survive no matter what, because the author needs them for later. If you ever played Oblivion or Skyrim, you have probably seen it in action.

Exactly, that is a harem lead. He acquires all the girls usually through no effort on his own and then despite having all these females chasing after him, and all those erotic situations, all the relationships survive no matter what so that the author can use them later.

Apr 6, 2017 12:41 PM

Sep 2013
Mokir said:
Because they're all not as good as Monogatari.

Monogatari has the harem genre on lock down.

Monogatari is boring 30 character limit
Apr 6, 2017 12:51 PM

Nov 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
flannan said:
Wow, that's probably the most far-fetched use of the words "plot armor" I've ever seen. FYI: Usually, "plot armor" refers specifically to important characters' ability to survive no matter what, because the author needs them for later. If you ever played Oblivion or Skyrim, you have probably seen it in action.

Exactly, that is a harem lead. He acquires all the girls usually through no effort on his own and then despite having all these females chasing after him, and all those erotic situations, all the relationships survive no matter what so that the author can use them later.

Let me rephrase what I said.
The author has godlike control over his work. Not a single frame happens without the author drawing it.
"Plot armor" refers to only a minor aspect of authorial power - the one that relates to protection of characters from death and career-ending injury. Here, "plot" means storyline, the plans to make things happen to a character in the future, and "armor" is the special clothes that protect warriors, knights and soldiers from death and injury.
There are many other aspects of authorial power - "plot device", "plot convenience", "genre conventions", "deus ex machina"...
Please do not use the term "plot armor" outside of what it really means, it is confusing. If you feel you lack the right words, TVTropes can help you.

Also, acquiring harem girls without effort is characteristic of comedies. Because this is funny.
Apr 6, 2017 12:56 PM
Oct 2012
flannan said:
"Plot armor" refers to only a minor aspect of authorial power - the one that relates to protection of characters from death and career-ending injury.

Change "death" to "loss of virginity" and "career" to "relationship" and what's the difference?
Apr 6, 2017 1:09 PM

Nov 2016
Hate is strong word , way too many peoples watches and harem animes keep coming so i dont think peoples really hates harem animes.
Apr 6, 2017 1:15 PM

Nov 2016
The main character is almost always really plain and characterless and the girls are stereotypical. As a female myself, I just don't find it entertaining at all and instead I just feel like it's a string of clichés.
Apr 6, 2017 4:46 PM

Dec 2016
This thread gave me the idea that we need a reverse harem with a badass MC. Like a girl that has the badassness of Jotaro Kujo and dominates all men.

But more serious, while I love the standard harem, I can understand if people want to see a harem where the people care for each other and it's not just ''oh, we all have a random affection for the MC''. Like it's nice if it feels like the characters actually think and consider the feelings of the others who like the same person & how they could coexist in a relationship and not just be totally egoistic.
Apr 6, 2017 4:49 PM

Jan 2016
Because they are jealous of the MC. (Maybe)
Apr 6, 2017 7:00 PM

Apr 2016
le_halfhand_easy said:
Because once you've seen one, you've seen them all.

It's the same slapstick humor, flat characters, over-reliance on external circumstances and temporary idiot balls for conflict and drama, and absolutely squat diddly character or story progression and investment.

School Days being the exception here and IMO the only good harem. The MC does something at least.

And yes, harem suck, no need to explain why.
Apr 6, 2017 8:10 PM
Jul 2018
[quote=flannan message=50247785]
TripleSRank said:

1) Because MC is the only guy around, and girls tend to fall in love with guys. Being good-looking helps. Kamito and Ichika say hello.
2) Because the MC has a trait like "supernaturally attractive to monster girls". (well, I do not see this one often, but MCs from Monster Girl Quest game was like that)
3) Because the MC is cool and heroic guy. Why shouldn't girls like somebody like that?

Thaaat's not how human psychology works, I think. XD
You don't fall in love, because there is no one else from the opposite gender around (that's just lust btw) or because someone saves you. You are deeply grateful, but that isn't the same thing as love.
Liking a trait doesn't mean you're in love either. Maybe one person or two could love him for his traits, but it's annoying, if all of the girls fall for him.

The concept per se is annoying as hell imo. It calls for a wish fulfillment and Gary Stue from hundreds of miles away, if there is "your average guy", who is surrounded and loved by all the "cute girls".
Srsly, I never saw one of this girls of the harem covers etc... and thought: yeah, she really looks cute or sexy.
Apr 6, 2017 8:15 PM

Aug 2013
They usually tend to have shitty stories and characters so it makes sense to hate them.
Apr 6, 2017 9:24 PM

Nov 2011
@Maneki-Mew Your quote is broken. I didn't say that.
Apr 6, 2017 10:30 PM

Nov 2009
Maneki-Mew said:
flannan said:

Thaaat's not how human psychology works, I think. XD
You don't fall in love, because there is no one else from the opposite gender around (that's just lust btw) or because someone saves you. You are deeply grateful, but that isn't the same thing as love.
Liking a trait doesn't mean you're in love either. Maybe one person or two could love him for his traits, but it's annoying, if all of the girls fall for him.

The concept per se is annoying as hell imo. It calls for a wish fulfillment and Gary Stue from hundreds of miles away, if there is "your average guy", who is surrounded and loved by all the "cute girls".
Srsly, I never saw one of this girls of the harem covers etc... and thought: yeah, she really looks cute or sexy.

I have very faint idea of how human psychology works.
But I know that quite a number of male anime fans see a picture of a cute girl, and decide they want to find out what anime she is from and spend more time with her.
And I know female anime fans can like an anime guy just because he is good-looking, even though he is a total bastard. Sesshoumaru has 4,167 favorites even though he is a racist and his name cannot be pronounced. Sebastian the Black Butler has 17,124, and he is even worse. And there must be somebody who watches Dance with the Devils not to make fun of it, right? And all these people are female.
I say being good-looking is enough. Whenever a harem MC describes himself as "average guy", he is being self-depreciating. If so many girls like him, he must be attractive.

Edit: What do you like about Yato from Noragami anyway?
Apr 7, 2017 5:15 AM

Mar 2012
TripleSRank said:
I'm still waiting for a serious take on the genre to come around and expose all the issues with polygamy, perhaps in a situation where the girls don't necessarily have a choice in being part of the harem because the MC is royalty or something, but seeing the genre treated that seriously is probably just a dream.
I have one if you want. There is web novel called Sevens where most of the girl are in serious bad blood with one another as in trying to remove other girl, serious issue in finding legal wive, girls forming faction inside the harem and political marriage plus other screw up thing.
NeoAnkaraApr 7, 2017 5:19 AM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 7, 2017 6:19 AM
Jul 2018
TripleSRank said:

Sry ^^"

@flannan
It's easy to like someone's appearance and normally, you will see and speak to handsome people everyday, but you're not in love with them. XD

Btw, peoole can't fall in love with fictional characters imo. Believing you are in love with an anime character is more like an act of compensation for feeling lonely and want to be be loved by someone.
Anyway, most fans of a character can differentiate between adoring their personality (and appearance) and well, a real human being.
So, "but the fans like this character (maybe mostly for appearance)", isn't the same thing for me like why characters in the anime fall for the main guy.

I get you, I don't like Sesshomaru either, because his whole personality isn't appealing to me, but people like characters and they like other humans despite their bad traits.
Nobody is perfect (such a person would be really scary btw) and so we are used to deal with this fact since our childhood and if you like someone, you are going to tolerate that and see what's behind in few cases.
On the other hand, you can dislike someone and still acknowledge their good traits. I dislike Sesshomaru, but he can't be that evil, if he cares for Rin.

And if so many girls are falling for average guy in a harem, it's not about his looks. It's about an author forcing the girls to act that way. XD
The girls have to, because the audience wants them to fall for the average main guy. Deductive, the audience wants him to be surrounded by the girls, because they wish this would happen in real life.

So, you could say that most of them are teenagers, but I never experienced this behavior by anyone in my former high school from my female classmates either. In most cases, there aren't tons of girls, who are so aroused, because their classmate is just quite handsome. And you know there are more handsome guys than just this one in the world / your environment. People recognize "yeah, this person is good-looking" and move on with whatever they wanted to do in most cases.
Plus, you know the people in your school personally. Even if some teenage girls are swarming for a star (which is just a shallow thing as well), they won't do the same thing for someone they know very well. Not so many girls at the same time. Maybe one or two swarm for him.
Contrary, there were goodlooking girls, who were constantly hit on by the guys and I experienced the same thing in bars, but let's be honest: They just wanted to hook up and nothing else. XD That's annoying for many girls.

... and oh, I really do like Yato's personality very much, but I can't say that looks isn't a plus. XD
Apr 7, 2017 8:29 AM

Jan 2016
It's not.
Detective1412 said:
Because they are jealous of the MC. (Maybe)

How have you watched anime for a year and not know (you don't have to agree to know) the reason people hate harem anime?

-Literally the same show with small twists
-No substance (opinion)
-Cliche (cliches can be good if executed well)
-Osananajimi
-Tsundere
-MC's incoherence

And what guy doesn't want to have a girl or two after him?
Sep 3, 2017 6:26 AM
Dec 2014
Dont think I ever seen an anime that ended with MC choosing all girls.

ps: ended in harem aka NOT open ending like 99% of them.
Sep 3, 2017 6:30 AM

Apr 2013
I can dislike it if I want, GET BETTER WRITERS AND MORE ACCIDENTALLY FALLING INTO THIGHS SCENARIOS, GOD

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 3, 2017 6:35 AM

Aug 2008
Harem is my second least favorite genre after ecchi.

http://graph.anime.plus/Zapredon/favorites,anime

Having said that, I don't mind it. Just choose not to watch it. Problem solved.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 3, 2017 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
Nice necroposting, but i think that "hate" is an exaggeration, maybe people would like them more if the authors tried something new instead of copying each other.
Sep 4, 2017 4:05 AM

Mar 2016
Maybe it depends on the anime not genre.

kikiabdullSep 5, 2017 3:53 AM
Sep 4, 2017 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
Mokir said:
Because they're all not as good as To Love Ru

To Love Ru has the harem genre on lock down.

i totally agree dude. there is no better diversity in a harem like in TLR
Sep 4, 2017 4:18 AM

Jun 2016
Because the storyline isn't unpredictable, it would be easy to guess what will happen next
Sep 4, 2017 4:20 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Because ppl care too much about the guy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 5, 2017 1:57 PM

Aug 2017
Still need answer?
Overused and anime tend too much reliant with it.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 5, 2017 2:47 PM

Feb 2015
>page 137

You have 137 of reason why people hate harem OP. I'm sure you already guess what most of it right?
Sep 5, 2017 7:04 PM

May 2015
There could be exceptions of course, like in every genre, but most of them are generic and focus more on plain diversity of the characters, with hairstyle being the major difference from each other and personality wise they are just the same collection of characters you've seen so many times before.
Sep 5, 2017 7:30 PM

May 2016
Harem anime (Monogatari series aside) tend to heavily prioritize titillating wish-fulfillment over plot, characterization, themes, and so on.
Sep 5, 2017 10:42 PM

Nov 2009
AhmadJR said:
Because the storyline isn't unpredictable, it would be easy to guess what will happen next

You can guess that it's going to end in fanservice, but you never know how exactly it's going to happen.
And sometimes harems throw a curveball too. Shomin Sample has that memorable scene where a girl is about to fall, and the guy tries to catch her, and they end up in a perfectly tame dance pose.

Dendritik said:
Harem anime (Monogatari series aside) tend to heavily prioritize titillating wish-fulfillment over plot, characterization, themes, and so on.

It's impressive how you manage to say "harem comedies", while ignoring the fact they are comedies.
Sep 5, 2017 10:45 PM
Jun 2017
i don't like it in general, but some of my most favourite shows are harem
so i guess i dislike it when they did it poorly
Sep 5, 2017 10:57 PM

Nov 2009
Maneki-Mew said:
TripleSRank said:

Sry ^^"

@flannan
It's easy to like someone's appearance and normally, you will see and speak to handsome people everyday, but you're not in love with them. XD

Btw, peoole can't fall in love with fictional characters imo. Believing you are in love with an anime character is more like an act of compensation for feeling lonely and want to be be loved by someone.
Anyway, most fans of a character can differentiate between adoring their personality (and appearance) and well, a real human being.
So, "but the fans like this character (maybe mostly for appearance)", isn't the same thing for me like why characters in the anime fall for the main guy.

I get you, I don't like Sesshomaru either, because his whole personality isn't appealing to me, but people like characters and they like other humans despite their bad traits.
Nobody is perfect (such a person would be really scary btw) and so we are used to deal with this fact since our childhood and if you like someone, you are going to tolerate that and see what's behind in few cases.
On the other hand, you can dislike someone and still acknowledge their good traits. I dislike Sesshomaru, but he can't be that evil, if he cares for Rin.

And if so many girls are falling for average guy in a harem, it's not about his looks. It's about an author forcing the girls to act that way. XD
The girls have to, because the audience wants them to fall for the average main guy. Deductive, the audience wants him to be surrounded by the girls, because they wish this would happen in real life.

So, you could say that most of them are teenagers, but I never experienced this behavior by anyone in my former high school from my female classmates either. In most cases, there aren't tons of girls, who are so aroused, because their classmate is just quite handsome. And you know there are more handsome guys than just this one in the world / your environment. People recognize "yeah, this person is good-looking" and move on with whatever they wanted to do in most cases.
Plus, you know the people in your school personally. Even if some teenage girls are swarming for a star (which is just a shallow thing as well), they won't do the same thing for someone they know very well. Not so many girls at the same time. Maybe one or two swarm for him.
Contrary, there were goodlooking girls, who were constantly hit on by the guys and I experienced the same thing in bars, but let's be honest: They just wanted to hook up and nothing else. XD That's annoying for many girls.

1) There is no reason to assume what the harem girls feel is True Love (tm). Some harems even point out that different girls in the harem feel about it differently.
2) Having N girls who want to hook up with you is good enough.
Sep 5, 2017 11:07 PM
Jun 2017
I enjoy the occasional haram like Food Wars, Monogatari and, well, I don't like any other harams.

That's not to say that I despise them and the people who like them, it's just that the genres not for me. I guess if they had more intresting stories and more unique characters I'd enjoy them more. I don't think that's what haram fans are looking for though.

Why change what you've got when people already enjoy it? Apparently it's popular with some people or they wouldn't make it anymore.

Oh by the way, Prison School and the Monogatari series isn't considered "haram".
Sep 5, 2017 11:07 PM

Oct 2014
SupremeEdgelord said:
Nice necroposting, but i think that "hate" is an exaggeration, maybe people would like them more if the authors tried something new instead of copying each other.

Well they could at least take a few pages from the world only god knows and the Monogatari series.

Plus the guy who called Food wars a Harem is pretty much wrong since as far as I know only one girl is crushing on him. And even if it was an harem, it would be one of the better ones coz the protagonist has BALLZ.
Sep 5, 2017 11:22 PM

May 2016
flannan said:

Dendritik said:

It's impressive how you manage to say "harem comedies", while ignoring the fact they are comedies.

Notice I didn't say "harem comedies", I said "harem anime". You're aware of the fact that there are tons of harem series that aren't comedies, I presume?
Sep 5, 2017 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
Because of all the genres in anime, harems are the ones that have the least effort put into them. They're cliched, not for the sake of being used as a stepping stone to create something good, but to create something cheap.
Sep 5, 2017 11:29 PM

May 2014
Mokir said:

In the middle of Monogatari now (after much reluctance) and I can vouch for this 100%

I think I'll hate the Harem genre even more after seeing the potential they could be fulfilling.
How many harem anime do you know that has the MC actually get with a girl at the beginning yet still somehow maintain a harem? Pretty sure there are still shipping wars.

Now all I need is the Reverse Harem equivalent and I'll be happy lmao
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2017 12:04 AM

Jan 2016
iam not hated it just kinda disliked it when it comes to drama, if isn't too dramatic i probably like it though.
Why? a too dramatic harem anime it will be endup cliche and boring

plus it will be the best if it's doesn't have-or most likely have less vulgar shots/scenes, and not beings racist nor trolling here but what could i expect. otaku especially japanese will said like this "Harem anime without pantie shot? pfttt... boring" (am really apologized brothers for my word)
so, it's rare to have harem anime without an ecchi genre tagging along with it

iam enjoying Dxd because it's kind of shonen anime for me, excluding those echhi scenes

another example good harem for me...
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22865/Rokujouma_no_Shinryakusha_TV

Nezperdian said:
Because people are jealous that they don't have a harem.

i will agree with this one, hahaha
Sep 6, 2017 12:14 AM

Oct 2014
I like it, I dont see anything wrong with it. Its just an anime. Usually those animes are funny as fuck and amusing xD
Sep 6, 2017 12:34 AM

Aug 2017
Strawberrycake48 said:
Mokir said:

In the middle of Monogatari now (after much reluctance) and I can vouch for this 100%

I think I'll hate the Harem genre even more after seeing the potential they could be fulfilling.
How many harem anime do you know that has the MC actually get with a girl at the beginning yet still somehow maintain a harem? Pretty sure there are still shipping wars.

Now all I need is the Reverse Harem equivalent and I'll be happy lmao

Dude, that's just sad.
Monogatari series is focused on mystery rather than harem. It just sub genre. Of course there won't be any harem remotely like that, if you look only on harem genre.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 6, 2017 12:34 AM

Aug 2017
I think it's just because most harem media are poorly executed. I don't think any studio that has made any great releases has tackled the harem genre, nothing I can remember from the top of my head anyway.

There might be some hidden gems but they're easily drowned out by the terrible ones. Fanservice is a pretty easy way yo make money.
I wonder if I'm going to jail for this
Sep 6, 2017 12:36 AM

Mar 2015
Look at it this way, the characters regardless of whatever it is are going to be one-dimensional and the plot will wilt accordingly as well. Suffice to say having heroines that do nothing but chase after the MC appeals to people who like 'wish-fulfillment'. In contrast, it receives hate from lots of people usually spearheaded by elitists?
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which anime do you think deserves a reboot or continuation, and why?

Gashadokur0 - 3 hours ago

11 by kioalne »»
5 minutes ago

» Would your favorite non-anime characters survive in your favorite anime?

FanofAction - 1 hour ago

5 by Daviljoe193 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Is reviving characters poor writing?

rohan121 - 6 hours ago

29 by Abomination_suah »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Will we ever get a anime cross over as big as the MCU?

Old_School_Akira - 8 hours ago

17 by Jonas-K »»
24 minutes ago

» Who is your Favorite Waifu in Pokémon? ( 1 2 )

Jackof-allspades - May 26

58 by Vendicator »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.