Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2017 10:59 AM
May 2016
Why is everyone missing the point here.. its not about who died, who won or whatever. Problem with season 2 is that the story writting was completely bad.

Kudelia - Everyone was after her in season 1 - now she survived with 0 importance or power on mars. So yeah, lets waste screen time on her...
McGillis - Was a mastermind - developed his character instantly into retard mode.
Gaelio - mediocre pilot, gets plotupgrade to be on par with McGillis
Julietta, Iok - multiple plot armors and very obvious (Mika did not finish her off in the space battle, really?)
Tekkadan characters - they die and are dead. the rest Ein, Iok,.. escape death multiple times.
Orga - character development into a helpless kid since they killed off naze.
First episode of season 2 - wasting time on Hush... for what purpose ?
And yeah the Dainsleifs weapon was not "discovered" by the media. Pretty realistic... like nobody had a device to take a picture in one of the biggest space battles since the war.
If they decide to let Rustal win then make it more consistent but this looks like a rushed script to me. Like they did not know what ending to go for after half of the episodes.

Apr 2, 2017 11:00 AM

Mar 2013
Man fuck this shit even at the end they couldn't give us a proper battle, they just spammed dainsleifs again

Did they really have to end EVERY SINGLE BATTLE* is the second half of the season with this shit?

*Yes I know they didn't use them when Mcgillis tried to 1v1 Arianrhod, bite me, my point stands, they used that shit way too often to just instantly end fights.
Apr 2, 2017 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
Seikogi said:
And yeah the Dainsleifs weapon was not "discovered" by the media. Pretty realistic... like nobody had a device to take a picture in one of the biggest space battles since the war.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFt

My biggest problem with those damn things is McGillis was entirely caught off guard by their use in the first battle with Arianrhod... despite the fact that he had at that point been ACTIVELY INVESTIGATING their use by Iok like 3 episodes before that.

Like, forget the media for a second

How was McGillis not prepared for that?
Apr 2, 2017 11:04 AM

Sep 2016
fst said:
Seikogi said:

My biggest problem with those damn things is McGillis was entirely caught off guard by their use in the first battle with Arianrhod... despite the fact that he had at that point been ACTIVELY INVESTIGATING their use by Iok like 3 episodes before that.

Mcgills just went full retard after literally nobody backed him out
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 2, 2017 11:05 AM
Apr 2016
I would like to call people saying "it was a show,the show was bad, bad writing, bad character development, evil live, good dead, Orga wimpy kid, JUlietta undeveloped" a bunch of unsophisticated, clueless idiot without a proper literature class education (if any), but this series, and everything it and all of it stands for, prohibit me to. And I obey.
Re:formed
Apr 2, 2017 11:11 AM

Mar 2013
GangsterCat said:
fst said:

Mcgills just went full retard after literally nobody backed him out

He went full retard after he got Bael basically

I dunno if it really was Agnika Kaieru inside that thing but there was some dank shit in there probably shoulda cleaned it out before hooking up to it
Apr 2, 2017 11:12 AM

Aug 2013
If I were to summarize this ending in as brief of a statement as possible, it would be: Politics won.

I had a feeling that there was going to be a lot more deaths in this but holy crap, there was so many moments where characters were just plot devices that really it only goes to show that Okada is a half-baked writer.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 2, 2017 11:14 AM
Oct 2013
This anime is amazing.
The death of Mikazuki and Akihiro was really sad, but finally we saw iok kujan death.
I am gonna miss this anime.
Apr 2, 2017 11:15 AM

Jul 2015
I felt this anime started trolling me again when the two Graze's impaled Akihiro as he was crushing Iok. I thought "NO NO NO DONT TELL ME IOK WILL SURVIVE AGAIN LET AKIHIRO FINISH CRUSHING HIM".

There was serious flaws in the story and the pacing in this second season, but I still feel satisfied at the end because Iok Kujan died a slow and painful death.
Current favourite: [Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo]
Apr 2, 2017 11:19 AM
Apr 2016
Let's not forget, Kudelia owns a mining company that /still/ uses human debris. Sure, one side there's a school for the orphans, on the other side: INTO THE MINES WITH YOU KIDDO!

Rustal becoming the good guy in the end was an ass pull.

The old fart got killed in the end, niiice.

Iok is dead. Satisfying death.

Kudelia be scheming to have Mika's grandchild (bitches be freaky in anime).
Apr 2, 2017 11:23 AM

Apr 2014
Seikogi said:

Nobliss was controlling the media in Mars on Rustals orders. Did you not pay attention to the episode where Orga died?
Apr 2, 2017 11:39 AM

Sep 2016
Lord, I almost dropped this series when Juliette did her fucking kill monologue.

The way everything panned out, it wasn't surprising considering how the series was trending. I can't believe the amount of potential and material that they could have worked with after S1 and they just turned it into a dumpster fire this season.

Apr 2, 2017 11:41 AM
Jun 2016
valvravetruth said:
We can learn something from this series, which is "Antagonist =/= Villian". An antagonist is not necessarily evil, he merely has opposing actions and thoughts. Best used in the case for Rustal.

Not trying to be offensive, but I can't help myself and say that this should have been obvious to many people. It's even stated clearly by definition that antagonist simply means to oppose a/the protagonist. That is it.

From dictionary.com

noun
1. a person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with another; opponent; adversary.

2. the adversary of the hero or protagonist of a drama or other literary work:
Iago is the antagonist of Othello.

Nowhere does it say that the antagonist is mostly an evil or villainous one, or even one that is evil or villainous at all. People are either naive or delusional to think that antagonist always means something or someone that is villainous or evil.
Apr 2, 2017 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
Who was the man with red hair, in a jacket, holding a hand gun, at 13:02 standing over the Tekkadan grave?
Apr 2, 2017 11:47 AM
Mar 2015
I hate how the Dainsleifs were used so many times as a BS magic plot device to make Rustal win every battle. They used it to defeat Naze, Mcgillis's fleet, and now they used to it to kill Mika and Akihiro. Instead of giving Mika and Akihiro a final opportunity to fight with all of their power, they decided to just get rid of them with Dainsleifs so Rustal could get his way. It is so BS and unforgiveable. If these Dainsleifs were so important, why the hell would McGillis and Tekkadan not think of using these too?
Apr 2, 2017 11:50 AM
Jun 2014
HatsumiShinogu said:
J4sm1n4 said:
IS IT JUST ME OR YAMAGI BEGAN TO DATE THAT BLACK SKELETON CALLED CHAD??

I thought the same thing but I wonder if it's true. :p Well, since Yamagi is obviously gay, I do think it's possible but again who knows. Yamagi looks cool with long hair, though.

I will try to get that image out of my head cuz Yamagi belongs to shino alone. Anyway yes he looks good with long hair! Shino would have loved it!
Apr 2, 2017 11:55 AM
Nov 2010
probably ride
Fatentity said:
Who was the man with red hair, in a jacket, holding a hand gun, at 13:02 standing over the Tekkadan grave?

Looks like that was Ride
Apr 2, 2017 12:02 PM
Apr 2016
4Dissinity said:
valvravetruth said:
We can learn something from this series, which is "Antagonist =/= Villian". An antagonist is not necessarily evil, he merely has opposing actions and thoughts. Best used in the case for Rustal.

Not trying to be offensive, but I can't help myself and say that this should have been obvious to many people. It's even stated clearly by definition that antagonist simply means to oppose a/the protagonist. That is it.

From dictionary.com

noun
1. a person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with another; opponent; adversary.

2. the adversary of the hero or protagonist of a drama or other literary work:
Iago is the antagonist of Othello.

Nowhere does it say that the antagonist is mostly an evil or villainous one, or even one that is evil or villainous at all. People are either naive or delusional to think that antagonist always means something or someone that is villainous or evil.

Yo dawg does that make 85% of local [colour]necks delusional? Since to them it is Good and Evil here.
Re:formed
Apr 2, 2017 12:05 PM

Aug 2008
MrJc said:
probably ride
Fatentity said:

Looks like that was Ride

That makes sense!
Apr 2, 2017 12:13 PM

Sep 2015
Kinda disappointing that neither Orga nor Mika survived but happy for the others. How come they didnt show what happened to Almiria(Fareed's wife), Yamagi(they mentioned him but didnt show him), Todo (mustache guy that helped betrayed Tekkadan at beginning and helped Fareed until the end), and Miss Azee. Im pretty glad my Gileo X Julietta ship sailed ;-;

Oh yeah thank you Akihiro for killing the fcker Iok crushing him to death and avenging Bro and some of his crew maybe including Lafter. Hope you and Lafter are reincarnated somewhere else with each other or meet each other again wherever you guys end up at. Nice job Rider with ending Gordon.
Apr 2, 2017 12:13 PM

Dec 2011
Man I havent seen all of gundam anime yet but I think this is the first time I have seen that the protagonist didnt succeed. But point taken that they did reach what they were looking for.

There is a lot of bad things that I can list here... but I will just go with the good. Iok's and Nobliss Gordon's death... man seeing Ride finish him off. Damn he totally went on the dark side. He could technically revive Tekkadan, and probably steal Bael the remaining Gundam frame. Oh well wishful thinking.

Just hate so much plot armor that Gjallarhorn had. Oh well Bandai and Sunrise bring on the next Gundam.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 12:14 PM

Sep 2011
CG said:
JizzyHitler said:
why should the main villain reach retribution though, he may of done bad things but so did tekkadan and mcgillis, rustal was a necessary evil to keep stability in the world before he could move to capitalize on his endgame found in this epilogue. The show was gray as shit, probably the most morally gray in the entire franchise but tekkadan and mcgillis arguably would of done more harm to the world with their anarchistic power goal.
You're comparing a high official of what essentially the space police that are supposed to uphold order and justice, committing war crimes left and right, orchestrating massacres like in Dorts, starting bloody wars just to tarnish his rival's reputation (SAU-Arbra), shitting on the laws he's supposed to uphold, using illegal weapons twice, making deals with war profiteers to let said profiteer sell his weapons (Nobliss), with a bunch of kids who mostly were forced to kill to survive in the world full of shit because of people like Rustal running it? Even in the kill count, Rustal's schemes killed magnitudes more people than all of Tekkadan combined ever could. Are you even serious...? If you are, then something must be very wrong with you and your morals.
youre getting noblis gordon and rustal's actions mixed up, former of which died on the shitter, everything rustal did that was underhanded was because mcgillis instigated a conflict between them, rustal mentioned early on dissatisfaction with the current power structure and wished for reform.

Rustal isnt the good guy, the whole point was he was the necessary evil to keep the peace. He may of given route to corruption but him being there kept an anarchy breaking out which would of been far less serviceable than the democracy he set up. Mcgillis was the one who is at fault here more than anyone, he used underhanded tactics to set up conflicts to better his standing leading to the deaths of essentially every single character in this show, hes the one who got tekkadan involved, hes the one who instigated a inner power struggle, hes the one willing to sacrifice others especially tekkadan for his goals. And keep in mind this, in mcgillis' plan he would be more powerful than his previous standing, in rustal's endgame he actually lost power and gave more to the people in a democratic body. He did tons of wrong but it was all for a greater good in the end, had mcgillis not gone off the wall its possible this endgame would of been reached far more peacefully.

Hinata said:
Kinda disappointing that neither Orga nor Mika survived but happy for the others. How come they didnt show what happened to Almiria(Fareed's wife), Yamagi(they mentioned him but didnt show him), Todo (mustache guy that helped betrayed Tekkadan at beginning and helped Fareed until the end), and Miss Azee. Im pretty glad my Gileo X Julietta ship sailed ;-;

Oh yeah thank you Akihiro for killing the fcker Iok crushing him to death and avenging Bro and some of his crew maybe including Lafter. Hope you and Lafter are reincarnated somewhere else with each other or meet each other again wherever you guys end up at. Nice job Rider with ending Gordon.
you see azee with the rest of teiwaz in the epilogue, shes still stylin naze's look, almiria did just get kind of dropped off the face of the earth which is a bit disappointing cause i wanted to see her and gaelio reunite as well as realize macky died. As for yamagi, i didnt notice him either but this was him

Also i really dont think theres a need to wish for reincarnation, even if this was one of the most grounded and less over the top gundam they kind of confirmed an outright afterlife through a few of the character's deaths, like yeah it could just be symbolic and all but they did mention one way way way back during the brewers arc. It just makes things a bit less depressing when you see mika's final moments as him and orga being reunited in the afterlife more so than just symbolism.
JizzyHitlerApr 2, 2017 12:27 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 2, 2017 12:22 PM
May 2016
Z4k said:
Seikogi said:

Nobliss was controlling the media in Mars on Rustals orders. Did you not pay attention to the episode where Orga died?

He did control the mainstream media but not all news. Unless there is only MSM in this Gundam Universe which seems unrealistic. It would be a no brainer to send that info to Kudelia and take advantage of it.

And that's the one sided story writing I was talking about. War should be like a chess games but the Tekkadan side did not make any move.
Apr 2, 2017 12:23 PM

May 2015
I liked IBO, it was the best weekly Gundam anime since 00, which aired back in 2007. IBO had a lot of a potential, but its over-complication held it back - sometimes "less is really more."

The solid theme of oppressed children fighting for freedom and equal rights against the forces that govern their society was a good story. The show had a believable world and grounded mech battles. Despite giant robots fighting, the heavy and slow attributes of all mechs made it more believable (we didn't have any lasers or beam sabers, just iron on iron, which made the show more realistic).

Saying that, in my opinion, the creators needed to trim the fat. There were far too many little sub-plots and mini-conflicts that went nowhere. So yeah, it was a good Gundam anime, but it wasn't perfect. While the story, characters, and 'realistic' military action all made the show great, the random sub-plots and characters that went nowhere held the show back.
IBO is a solid 7/10, taking into account all the writing pitfalls they wrote themselves into, I think they did pretty good at the end.
✦✦✦Join the Bionix club✦✦✦

Apr 2, 2017 12:43 PM
Sep 2014
Fatentity said:

That was Ride. I think he was holding Mikazukis gun and as we saw put it to use later in the episode.
Apr 2, 2017 12:48 PM

Dec 2015
Good ending. I expected a longer fight and less "aftershow" (talking, politics showing the chars a few years later). I wouldn't have liked it that much.

Shorter amount of screen time for fights was good since the fights were nice. While I didn't get Mika + McGillis the Mika + badass Akihiro was fun to watch as well.

And I enjoyed seeing the chars a few years later. (Julieta is sexier at the end.) A lot of shows don't take time to show such stuff. This Gundam show did it the right way.

And Iok finally got crushed. Also funny to see the Gordon Nobliss guy ... at the toilet ha ha. Very humiliating death for that evil guy.
Apr 2, 2017 12:57 PM

Sep 2011
Oh fuck off lol. Nothing pisses me off more than having the shitty characters stay alive. 7/10.
TyrelApr 2, 2017 1:03 PM
Apr 2, 2017 1:06 PM

Jan 2012
But wtf with Chad and Yamagi dating?
I'm a hero to save people. Is not enough of a reason?
Apr 2, 2017 1:12 PM
Oct 2014
kaizoku-o97 said:
This anime is amazing.
The death of Mikazuki and Akihiro was really sad, but finally we saw iok kujan death.
I am gonna miss this anime.

I agree, IBO is one of my favorite Gundam anime.
Apr 2, 2017 1:33 PM

Jun 2015
I think the ending was quality and exactly fitting for the events that have occurred. It was satisfying, emotional, tied up all the loose ends, and gave us some baller fighting with Barbatos going full on beast mode and howling while it tore into enemies. Most of the key people in the show had their moment in the sun.

Mika didn't know anything other than fighting at that point, and he was the face of the terrifying Tekkaden killing machine. He had to die, unfortunate as it may be. He left his legacy with Atra and Kudelia. Idiok finally got the slow, painful death he deserved at the hands of Space Guts who got to die happy that he managed to save all his friends and exact vengeance on one that had wronged him so many times. Kudelia got her peace, Ride got his revenge, everyone else got their freedom.

Tekkaden accomplished their goals in a roundabout way. They were such a force to be reckoned with that their impact forced the hand of Rustal and made him reach for a Democratic state instead of a totalitarian one, knowing that he could never hope to hold any kind of authoritarian position with the inspiration of Tekkadan still fresh in potential rebel minds and with most of the Gallahjorn fleet destroyed or serving their own interests.

It's a bittersweet end, but perfect for the series. War is hell, everyone thinks they are just in their own eyes, and to the winner go the spoils. I'm glad some ships managed to sail successfully and that a legacy of our beloved, disenfranchised protagonists was allowed to live on.

I do wish we got more background on Rustal beyond seeing him as the calculating antagonist. Seeing what drove him would've been nice, but that's a minor quibble.

I definitely enjoyed this more than Gundam 00, as IBO felt like it had a lot more emotional weight and thematic depth. At this point I think IBO is the best AU Gundam I've seen, and I think the feels the 2nd Season brought to the table might push it to a 9/10 for me. Solid entry into the franchise with some of my favourite Gundam designs to boot!

Might be the first time I've considered throwing money at a Gundam franchise, but I don't know that my heart can handle this show on a rewatch.
RealityRushApr 2, 2017 1:38 PM
Apr 2, 2017 1:35 PM
Nov 2016
Descent Ending... I would prefer if Mikazuki still alive, But I guess that would be impossible since Barbatos head is gone while on full power and Mikazuki attached to it. Just like when he lost half of the body after fighting the MA. Also I was very happy when Akihiro crushed Iok.

7.9 for this episode.

Season 1: 7.8
Season 2: 8.6
Overall: 8.2
XtrStrApr 2, 2017 1:39 PM
Apr 2, 2017 1:44 PM

Nov 2014
Not sure if this deserves an 8 or 9 out of 10 but it was fantastic.

Dark and brutal but so many plausible moments.
Apr 2, 2017 1:45 PM

Jul 2016
Best Moment of 2017: Iok's death.

OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THAT WAS THE BEST!!!

This season reminded me why I liked Biscuit a lot he was the one with the sane head in Tekkadan, without him... well, you get this season.
Apr 2, 2017 2:09 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy fuck, Ride.

Expected this finale and i honestly believed that Iok was gonna live, too but hey, he finally bites the dust.

Very entertaining series with a rushed finale, but i can look over it.

8/10
Apr 2, 2017 2:24 PM

Aug 2012
tinman21 said:
Oh the sweet sweet moment of Iok's Death!! How I savored every second of it!! for that alone I give this series 10/10!!

It's sad that Mikazuki had to die too, but that just the last piece of the puzzle needed to make this show a masterpiece.. Although not everything went according to our hopes and wishes for Tekkadan, still we got to see them moving forward!! Best ending I've seen in recent years.. Everything is just perfect..

I WAS SO FREAKING HAPPY WHEN HE DIED, Becouse he escape from death more than tree times.. hes scream was so beautiful
Apr 2, 2017 2:29 PM

Nov 2008
Really sad last episode with Mika and akihiro died, but seeing iok getting squished like a bug and nobliss gunned down on the toilet made up for it. Was also not happy with rustal still alive. Atra looked beautiful grown up, and Mika's son looks just like him with atra's hair color.

Also liked the wolf sounds for barbatos at the end.

Apr 2, 2017 2:35 PM

Feb 2014
Oh man, what a horrible ending but not because Tekkakdan died, its because EVERYTHING was so freaking rushed. We never saw Bael true power or if we did, it was a huge dissappointment. McGillis was a complete moron the guy who was a master tactician suddenly makes a 180 and turns into mad psychopath getting killed by his gay friend. In the end Mikazuki and Akihiiko getting killed by illegal weapons but no consequences for the cunt Rustal because logic. Jullieta beheading Barbartos was really insulting to us viewers at least let Mika make a final major kill before passing away. Goodbye Hush, I never cared about you but your death was also undeserving. In the end Rustal is the true winner never was in ANY danger, all his plans especially illegal ones worked and he even got now full authority over Gjallarhorn don´t mind he broke the rules and killed many innocent kids. They should´ve put him under arrest and let Galli-Galli take over would be more satisfying than evil mastermind getting away so corruption is A-okay so long you win is the message of this anime. NOW trying to make him a good person is insulting my intellect as if a sudden change of heart could convince me. WORST is Kudelia is kissing his feets and act like a moral-high person. Ride was the only good development getting at least revenge for Orga. What I missed is that we barerly get to know about the founder of Gjallarhorn and the calamity war let alone seeing more of these ancient weapons.

From 0 to crushing Ioks to death this season gets a 5 from me , maybe they should have made season 1 finale the true finale feels at least more satisfying.
Apr 2, 2017 2:36 PM

May 2013
Wow, guys I'm surprised to see so many complain about Rustal spamming Dainsleif on every battle including the last. Just think rationally, are there any country nowadays which does not do the same shht, like using bombs, missiles etc.?
LiterallyEverySpecialSnowflake said:

i wAtcHeD tHis xxxx shOW aNd iT WaS tRASh, i HaTEd iT, wHy eVeRYonE liKEs It?
It iS sO OveRRateD, i AM sO UniQUe aND SpecIAL becAUSE I hAve dIFFerent opINIon ThaN othERs, sO I muST teLL abOut it to THe wHole WorlD, leT thEM knoW i HateD iT. It WAS sO tRasHy, sO GivE mE CouNTER-ArgUMENTs eVen thOuGh i Do NOT giVe argUEmeNTs SuppORTIng My PoiNT.
Apr 2, 2017 2:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The ending was proper but everything was rushed and due to that some of the events that occurred felt contrived.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 2, 2017 2:55 PM

Oct 2015
I saw this ending coming, i already knew mika would die...At least that IOK died, Akihiro died like a badass and so did Mika, they both can see the ones they love most in heaven (Orga, Lafter etc) anyway felt like a rushed ending if would be better with 1+ episode and i hope they make a new anime in this universe cuz that Rustal man...i hate him so much he did so many shit used Ilegal Weapons/Guns and still nothing.....oh well 8/10 RIP Tekkadan.

PS: Dying while taking a shit should be a bloody shit, hahahaha get fked Nobliss Gordon
iTzKenzoApr 2, 2017 2:59 PM
Apr 2, 2017 2:58 PM

Sep 2016
... I was honestly kind of hoping Iok would survive again just to see the hilarious reactions and how the future would turn out for him (not to mention that I'd find it rather pointless to kill him NOW after all that had already happened and it's the final episode), but that didn't happen. His idiocy finally led to his own grave. lol

I thought this ending was fine. I have no idea what the hell happened to Almiria, but it's nice to see literally everyone else all older and happy and whatnot. Despite all that happened, since it looks all bright and peaceful, I can't really be disappointed at this outcome despite it being a little rushed.

I'll give it... 7/10. :)

By the way, I don't really understand the hate towards Rustal and Julietta because, even though Rustal did crooked things, he's a very smart guy overall who knew full well that he was doing very crooked things to win the whole thing, and I respect him greatly for these despite being an antagonist (plus he always looked mighty cool to me. One of the coolest characters of the series imo), and even though Julietta was just following Rustal around like some sort of "lapdog", least she knew very well who to follow under, and she's nowhere near as dumb as Iok (which, by the way, I love how she didn't help Iok went he went off once again like that or try to save him from his own demise. Finally gave up on that idiot, huh Julietta?). And I respect her for how much she survived and helped out her team greatly, like how she made Shino fail killing Rustal (which was sad, but still. Props to her on that). Plus I found how her and Rustal (along with her and Gaelio) interacted throughout the series to be pretty nice, as Rustal made sure to let her know that he's not a good guy either, and that he cared about her safety while knowing full well how strong she is herself and that she doesn't have to push herself so hard. Basically getting the acknowledgment and recognition from Rustal that she wanted so much without going too far with herself.
Surpreme_SquashApr 2, 2017 3:11 PM
Apr 2, 2017 3:52 PM
Nov 2010
peroroncin0 said:
Wow, guys I'm surprised to see so many complain about Rustal spamming Dainsleif on every battle including the last. Just think rationally, are there any country nowadays which does not do the same shht, like using bombs, missiles etc.?

That's not what people are complaining about. He was using banned weapons like crazy and received no repercussions because of it. It would be like using multiple nukes on some one and no one batting an eye at it.

Missile and bombs do not = a banned weapon like Dainsleif.
Apr 2, 2017 3:52 PM

Dec 2008
I have to say I quit watching gundam for a long time now but recent productions of it(since the director changed) are far superior from what I use to know as gundam. Hope they will keep the level from here on...
Apr 2, 2017 3:56 PM
Nov 2010
namedrisk said:
I have to say I quit watching gundam for a long time now but recent productions of it(since the director changed) are far superior from what I use to know as gundam. Hope they will keep the level from here on...

I agree to that. Seems like gundam has just in general been getting better and better lately. Though the second season of IBO has much to be desired.
Apr 2, 2017 4:20 PM

Jan 2015
Damn, I actually was expecting Akihiro to live because I already knew Mika was gonna die.

Akihiro was one of my most favorite and considering all the shit he's been through, I was expecting him to live as I said but sadly I was wrong. I am thankful that he killed off Iok at least.

R.I.P. Space Guts.
Apr 2, 2017 4:33 PM

Dec 2013
I have really mixed feelings on this show.
It has been a while that a show had me caring so little about important characters dieing. Most of the deaths that occur feel like an afterthought and don't contribute much to the story. Many of the characters are even unlikeable.

The "final battle" was utterly pointless and the resolution was even more pointless.
Also after episode 49 I became completely lost how the plot was playing out.
In the end Rustal does everything they wanted, yet they fought him every step of the way? McGillis was supposed to be the bad guy, yet Tekkadan willingly followed him in every plan he had, so does that make them bad guys too? Maybe that was supposed to be "thought-provoking", but the build-up to that did not gave any hints that you were supposed to think about it this way.

Good idea's and themes, flawed execution.
Apr 2, 2017 4:36 PM
Jan 2017
Both before and after seeing the episode, I asked myself if this show as even meant for me. This is one of the darkest shows I've ever seen; characters fight and die left and right and any hope for peace is inevitably dashed. Special mention goes to our protagonist Mikazuki, who in this episode has proven to be one of the most violent protagonists in the Gundam series. Shinn Asuka and Flit Asuno come up short compared to this guy in terms of bloodlust and insanity. His slaughter of good, honorable and loyal soldiers is set to heroic music, further highlighting the glorification of violence and destruction. It might be interesting to watch he was actually called out on that, but no; he must always be right, he must always be vindicated. I don't care about him or any of these characters anymore. For the most part, the world ends up forgetting about Tekkadan, but their closest friends think Tekkadan are the coolest guys ever and support their ideal that violence is the best way to achieve your goals; with no hope for peace or understanding. It actually gives me some grim satisfaction to see Rustal get his way in the finale. Honestly, I don't know if I will fully commit to another Gundam series again; what with Iron-Blooded Orphans probably painting any interactions with future installments. I'm glad the series is over, because I never want to see something so devoid of hope again.
Apr 2, 2017 4:39 PM

Dec 2013
Ictius said:
ArcanaTrace said:

Overall even though i hated the progression of season 2 but I'll still give them the credit for having the balls to make the villain ultimately win in the end.

How is Rustal a villain? Mars is now independent, Human Debris were banned, Gjallarhorn is now democratic. All thanks to this magnificent man.

In the end (i.e. the last 3 minutes of the ENTIRE show) Rustal turned out to be not such a bad guy. Everything up to that point has you believing he is the most evil man that has ever existed. If he was such a good guy, then why did the main cast constantely try to fight against him?

I think the series is trying to make the point that Rustal wasn't the bad guy, McGillis was wrong about everything and Tekkadan got used like a tool.
But they sure fucked up trying to tell that story.
Apr 2, 2017 4:59 PM

Jun 2016
Iok's death alone makes the episode worth it.

Mika's death was highly telegraphed after the fight with the Mobile Armor, but didn't expect Julietta to be the one to claim the glory of defeating him. Expected him to become fully paralyzed after accessing Barbato's system one final time.

qberr said:
ponytail Yamagi is hot as fuck, no homo

touché

Community Review

★★★★★
"Should record an audio book so I can fall asleep by listening to that lol." - Marie-Sensei

★★★★★
"I call him Caramelsifer because he's so smooth." - Numbu
Apr 2, 2017 5:19 PM

Sep 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

There is Rustal who only did good for the whole universe after finishing the unpleasant business, without any actual gain for himself. There is Juliett who, apart from forming a pair with Gaelio, acknowledged that Tekkadan was not evil, buy tragically misguided and thrown into an endless survival on the battlefield. Anyone still alive by the time the Akatsuki kicks in, IS NOT EVIL. Not by common sense and human decency standards.
every really morally wrong characters died, theres a reason rustal survives where as nobliss gets gunned down like a pig.

Well the main reason is that now Rustal is the president of Gjallarhorn , so its kinda really hard to kill him. while Nobliss is still a shady weapons dealer, he mainly died because he let his guard down thinking all his enemies died.

Also Rustal understand and knew what the world needed, thus he did it in order to appease the world and make himself look good, but he is still as shaddy and corrupt as ever : The next president in line is Julietta, who is completely loyal and blind to Rustal. Which mean, that even if the president changed, rustal will still rule in the shadow. We can say that he is not totally Evil, but he is still corrupt, bad, greedy and morally wrong (by his past action and choice, but also what is coming next)

-

By the look of the ending, with Nobliss assassination by ex-tekedan members and how Akatsuki was looking at Tekedan picture, it made me think that this peace will not last long.

EdrinnApr 2, 2017 5:22 PM
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is IBO a modern hidden gem? (Spoilers)

Onigiri_Aoi - Oct 29, 2023

10 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 12, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.