Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 1, 2017 5:26 PM

May 2015
New girl is pretty cute, damn.

Mar 1, 2017 6:03 PM
Jun 2015
I'm pretty sure that all of the math problems before the Shouta/Lucoa sections wasn't the number 8 but a pair of sideways breasts.

Edit: They cut out the RaButa reference when Kobayashi bought Elma that treat. :(
GotGameMar 1, 2017 6:22 PM
Mar 1, 2017 6:31 PM

Sep 2014
YES!!!! She finally arrives. I think I found my fav character for this show. I've been waiting for a while for her to show up and I love her personality.

Mar 1, 2017 6:31 PM

Jan 2014
Loved this new episode, I've been waiting for Elma's debut since episode 2, she's just too cute and nice.

I laughed a lot with the Lucoa and Shouta scene, poor kid, he must be suffering a lot.

And refilled my Kanna-meter, I can survive until the next week.
Cuteness > Everything else
Cuteness is Love, Cuteness is Life
Mar 1, 2017 6:53 PM
Aug 2014
if Kobayashi was a dude this anime will have the ecchi tag and will be animated by Lerche instead of Kyoani. Now swap genders of Shouta and Lucoa and you'll get pedobear' seal of approval.
Mar 1, 2017 7:15 PM

Jan 2016
I wonder where Elma is living... I feel like this will be a topic in the next episode ovo

The Lucoa fanservice made me cringe tho.
Mar 1, 2017 7:17 PM

Jan 2013
Nice food battle, love how Kobayashi lost the 1st round xD
Elma is actually pretty cute and funny too.
I feel bad for that kid xD He can't even sleep in peace.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 1, 2017 7:30 PM

Jun 2016
Damn Kobayashi...

Having cute daughter and adorable yuri harem... She is living a dream
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2017 8:54 PM

Mar 2016
Cooking battle. Tohru still has a lot to learn about the human world.

She's here!!!! I've been wondering who she was. Well Elma is a total foodie. Plus, now we know little more about the other world. Dragon factions!!! Omg there is some deep sub-plots in this anime.

I'm hoping if there is a season 2 they will be more explored because I don't think the writers are going to condense it into 4 episodes.
I just love this series so much!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2017 9:13 PM
Dec 2013
Finally the best girl is in and only 4 episode left.
God I'm going to miss this show after it's done airing... SECOND SEASON PLEEEEEASE!
Mar 1, 2017 9:46 PM

May 2015
hentailuvr42069 said:
could honestly do without lucoa being predatory towards shouta :/ it's gross he's a child

I really hope you're not serious.

Mar 1, 2017 9:47 PM

Apr 2015
Aureolus said:
evyyy said:
I literally died xDDDD

feelsbadman xd

I feel sorry for the kid, can't even get a proper sleep.

How did Elma get her job without any qualifications?

it's anime, don't overthink that xd
Mar 1, 2017 10:03 PM

Dec 2016
This show is so cute I just can't get enough. It is nice to actually see people interact romantically and seem to make progress with it in a slice of life show for once. Normally they just hint and nothing is canon. That is why this show is special imo.

Why are dragon thighs so fucking giant? Did you see Kanna's at the beginning?? Holy shit. And Elma's too damn. Thick af lol
Mar 1, 2017 10:24 PM

Apr 2014
elma's cute too ^◕ω◕^

Mar 1, 2017 10:26 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty good episode, we got Elma and we got 4 more chapters done.
Looks like next episode will be original since
Mar 1, 2017 11:23 PM

Nov 2012
Finally Elma is here, and she doesn't disappoint.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Mar 2, 2017 1:18 AM

Oct 2016
Tohru is literally PG version of yandere,

and poor Elma, pledge to protect
Mar 2, 2017 4:10 AM

Feb 2016
Loved this episode. One of the better ones, with a further deepening of the characters of Kobayashi and Tooru together with their relationship with one another, more quality animation especially with facial reactions and some more unique gag shots, and the mid-show debut of apparently the waifu everyone was waiting for.

The show is at its best when it shows us who Kobayashi is and how Tooru interacts with Kobayashi's character and vice versa. A lot of shows of the same structure tend to either strip characters down merely to gags or overblow simple characterizations in the most melodramatic, unsubtle way as possible (which I feel is Urara Meirochou's problem). Here, all the characters are very lovable and fun-to-watch, however both Kobayashi and Tooru seem to have something special to them as characters. They both have a considerable amount of intrigue to them. Some bits and pieces about who they are slowly sprinkled onto us, letting us find out something new about them while still being something completely expected of them as characters. This is something that, although not necessary, I wish more shows of this genre did. Whenever some shows try to flesh out a character, sometimes they don't really ADD anything to the character. Sometimes, they just end up applying another variation to an already-established character trait, and while doing this is fine on its own, if the character only has one or two properly-established character components, well... you know where I'm going with this. I also love the way the show adds these character pieces in a way that it's completely expected of the character despite it not being required of the character. That felt kind of hard to say, so let me explain with the example from this episode that completely sparked this train of thought. When Kobayashi reveals to Tooru that she's never been as close to anyone before as she was with Tooru, never been wanted like Tooru does, nor had any close friends before, it all comes as a sort of surprise to the viewer. We didn't really know this about Kobayashi before. Yet, it doesn't REALLY surprise the viewer. It perfectly fits with who Kobayashi is and explains her past decisions and personality really well (like how Kobayashi had a fairly boring life before Tooru moved in). Kobayashi didn't necessarily have to have this sort of backstory. There are a million other ways one could become the way Kobayashi has become. Her character wouldn't necessarily have been any more shallow if they picked a different backstory, yet the one we were given this episode felt so natural to her character, and it feels like no other way could possibly fit her as well as this. This just shows how well the writer has imagined his main duo. Also, special props to how not overly-melodramatic they made this reveal. Shows of this genre have a massive tendency to do that.

I also love the reaction shots in this show. KyoAni, I guess. They're pretty good at what they do. Everything moves so fluidly, and all the facial reactions never seem to be used twice. (They might've, but it really doesn't feel like that's the case, and that's what matters). I'm always impressed with some of the reactions this show has. I don't think this show has any better storyboarding than other shows of this genre (tempted to say 'nichijou-kei' but I want to be safe), however they execute the shots they have with incredible energy and fluidity when other shows like this have neither. There is one shot that stuck out to me though, and that's the one where Lucoa's face envelops the screen when she lectures Tooru about lunchboxes. It just seemed pretty cool and badass and well-timed, and the way the large evil Lucoa contrasts the regular, sitting, pasted-smile Lucoa stuck out to me too.

Also, Elma. Like, she's pretty cute. I don't really have much to say about her than that. She is pretty t h i c c though. You could see that in the shot where she slowly walks out the door. It's really surprising how the creators of this show seem to really love the t h i c c when other shows prefer more slim and petite characters. Kind of refreshing, maybe, in a way.

Overall, show's my favorite this season. 9/10 cuz I like the main two characters a lot.
"There’s no point in the world. But isn’t that wonderful? Because if there isn’t one, then you can decide what it is for yourself."
~ Filicia Heideman, Sora no Woto

"Senpai...please grow up."
~ Fumi Manjoume, Aoi Hana

"I wonder what tomorrow will bring."
~ Yunocchi, Hidamari Sketch: Sae and Hiro's Graduation Arc

Mar 2, 2017 6:06 AM

Jun 2014
"You're an Idiot aren't you"
"Yes..."

BAHAHAHAH

Elma is even cuter then I thought she would be!

Seriously I expected Kobayashi to be mad at Torhu for nearly BLASTING THE SHIT OUT OF HER.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 2, 2017 6:49 AM

Feb 2012
Kanna is seriously way too cute, but Elma totally stole the show and Shouta was living the dream
Mar 2, 2017 7:00 AM
Sep 2014
AntonKutovoi said:
DeepMind2038 said:
Elma's voice actress is the same that voiced Suzukaze Aoba in New Game? I loved that show. Why does she have so few roles? She's great. I don't get that industry.

Well, anime aside, she just got two leading roles in videogames: Tamaki in Musou Stars and Hinako in Blue Reflection. And she also now plays Sallya/Tharja in Fire Emblem Heroes.

That's...somehow pretty fitting.
Mar 2, 2017 7:48 AM

Feb 2014
Mascera said:

Whoa, that scary eyes of Quetza. More than Fafnir. :o

Well I find Fafnir more terrifying.
His expression showed all those feelings of disgust towards humans and the pain he has been through.
*watched this scene repeatedly*
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 2, 2017 8:37 AM

Dec 2013
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon is NOT a cooking anime.... it's way better than a cooking anime! XD

The cooking battle was even cuter animated than on paper, though I'm assuming Kobayashi got to make Kanna's lunch box in the end.

Elma's appearance was even "bouncier" than I expected from reading the manga, though her appearance and character were just as perfect.

Looking forward to what happens next, and I'm hoping a certain loli does actually make an appearance in the end....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 2, 2017 9:36 AM
Jan 2014
KANNA IS TOOO CUTEEEEE
Mar 2, 2017 11:13 AM

May 2014
That Cooking Battle between Tohru and Kobayashi was really good

it seems Tohru's Rival Appeared

Elma was quite adodable while blushing

ehehe Tohru is jealous of the new dragon
Mar 2, 2017 12:11 PM

Jun 2013
Elma is so cute man
Mar 2, 2017 12:13 PM

Oct 2011
Elma is so cute @_@. They all are soo damn adorable @_@. It's hard to pick my favorite now. I am just going to choose all the above.
Mar 2, 2017 12:15 PM

Oct 2011
evyyy said:
I literally died xDDDD

feelsbadman xd

I literally almost spit my drink at this part hahaha
Mar 2, 2017 1:41 PM

May 2016
This was my favorite episode of the series so far. It was somuch fun to watch and I absolutely love Elma. She would easily be best girl if Kanna hadn't already set the bar so high.
Mar 2, 2017 3:19 PM

Jun 2013
I'll be honest, Tohru really annoyed me this episode, but Elma was adorable and likeable and everything else was great as usual!
Mar 2, 2017 4:41 PM

Jul 2015
The battle to see who makes the best school lunch, and the last dragon in the opening, Elma, finally shows up and does something, and it only took 2/3 of the season. Shes cute, especially when flustered, but Kanna still takes first place. Visuals were amazing and strange, especially during the competition, but mostly amazing and I enjoyed every bit of it. Another good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 2, 2017 6:20 PM

Jun 2016
Definitely can't wait to see more of Elma.
[/url]
Mar 2, 2017 6:47 PM

Oct 2016
I really liked this episode, Elma is a very tender dragon: 3
P.d: Elma has a personality very similar to Astraea of Sora no Otoshimono; Silly, fights ends up losing and always is looking for food

Mar 2, 2017 7:18 PM
Feb 2017
I'll be honest, Lucoa just forcing herself onto Shouta really makes me want to call the police and have her arrested.
Mar 2, 2017 9:46 PM

Feb 2017
So finally Elma is here, after all the past episodes, good,very good, she's a cute and funny dragon girl. And of course with a new dragon the interaction takes a new direction, yes I mean Tohru being constantly jealous.

Despite of this new nice implementation to the show, Tohru keeps being my best girl, don't get me wrong, I love all the dragon girls, Tohru, Kanna, Lucoa and Elma, seriously, but after all, was Tohru the reason I get interested in this anime and the main reason I have to keep watching it, I admit her recent behavior it isn't so good at all, but still I like her no matter what.
Mar 3, 2017 2:57 AM

Jul 2009
Tooru jealous is so cute!
Finally we Elma is on the show! She is a nice dragon.
Mar 3, 2017 3:34 AM

May 2016
Best scene one this epiosde

I wish I had Shouta's problems T_T
Mar 3, 2017 3:38 AM

May 2016
Rebelhero said:

Seriously I expected Kobayashi to be mad at Torhu for nearly BLASTING THE SHIT OUT OF HER.
Ikr her reaction was way to unrealistic.
Mar 3, 2017 4:25 AM

Jun 2016
Raizel said:
Rebelhero said:

Ikr her reaction was way to unrealistic.

She's already used to it, spectating a Dragonball figh-ahem, Dragon fight between Tooru and Kanna, Death Dodgeball with Fafnir and Lucoa, the occasional moments when Tooru blows up the apartment, and then there's Elma crash landing to her apartment out of nowhere in the latest episode.

To someone who hasn't seen this before, it's probably hell, but for Kobayashi, it's just Thursday.
[/url]
Mar 3, 2017 5:17 AM

Nov 2011
As usual, there is fun, but also a very staid side, which makes it more complete every episode. The wait for Elma, is pretty well satisfied, by the understanding from the beginning, the differences between her and Thoru. Satisfied that the narrative has given even now, a characterization of Elma almost complete. Cuteness galore.

Kanna is sweet, but also Elma is so nice and fun.

Kanna...kawaii!

Maid Dragon, is the best!

EDIT: Sorry for the delay ! ^^"
terrablu2003Mar 5, 2017 6:10 AM
Mar 3, 2017 6:13 AM

Sep 2016
I guess this will be 12 episodes plus a couple OVA's then. They haven't done the Christmas chapter, the Valentine's chapter, the

Damn, I don't want this to end.
Mar 3, 2017 1:20 PM

Apr 2014
loved this ep and wow Elma is amazing just made me love this series even more than i already do i was right to look forward to her

next ep though oh i cant wait really looking forward to it
"one step at a time"
Mar 3, 2017 9:29 PM

Sep 2015
I think Elma is my new fav dragon next to Fafnir.
Mar 4, 2017 12:52 AM

Dec 2012
Elma is cute and since she is here, we can see a selfish side of Tooru :). Perfect as always.

Kanna <3
Mar 4, 2017 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
With Elma's pilot appearance, the competition for best dragon girl has never been more difficult than this.

Elma's chill a.f., and dragons sure are t h i c c.

I need that smug Kobayashi pic / gif.. Hahahaha

I laughed out the most at Shouta's dream sequences... Hahahahah... Quetzalcoatl plz
removed-userMar 4, 2017 1:27 AM
Mar 4, 2017 2:09 PM

Jun 2015
How can Kanna not like bacon and eggs?
Mar 6, 2017 1:20 PM
Feb 2017
katsu044 said:
dayum Elma is cute and thicc~ but i really can't stand that unicorn horn lol it's too swirly .

can't say i'm the biggest fan of Toru's actions lately

I know how you feel. I understand Tohru use "I'm better than you" thing to make herself feel better that there are things that she isn't well adept it but there are times Tohru get on my nerves like one time, she took Kanna's backpack and show off and to be honest, I overjoyed when Kobayashi showed that look "Shut it woman, this is Kanna's time in the spotlight.
Mar 6, 2017 5:33 PM
Nov 2012
Even tho i like the art, i feel kyo went a bit overboard with redesigning the chars

from kind of chibi bodies to 35y old bombshell bodies^"+they looked more dragon-ish
MinizavMar 6, 2017 5:42 PM
Mar 8, 2017 3:37 AM

Aug 2013
Finally Elma gets her debut... I'll say she's going to be my favorite after Kanna-chan.
Did Satania from GabrilDropout teleported to this series as Elma ? She just reminds me of her a bit. :b
Lucoa is definitely doing that on purpose LMAO. Those dream transitions were hilarious.
Btw those dragons' deadly eyes when they stare are so good.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

194 by DoodeDelydoo »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2017

245 by dspr »»
May 4, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

315 by _untitled »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2017

131 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 2:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.