Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 4, 2016 2:21 AM

Jun 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
thebrentinator24 said:

I wasn't going to respond to this, but I changed my mind because I would like to thank you. Out of all the comments above my original one that said the literal same thing about the "Black King = Jesus" theory, thank you for choosing MINE to respond to, almost an entire week after I posted it, at which point I no longer care about (or even remember, for that matter) what I originally wrote.
I answered your comment because of this piece of sentence " Ends seem to be historical figures that were wrongly and/or prematurely killed" which is false.

I'm not entirely sure how that statement is false. I looked up most of the Ends and they all seem to be people who were wrongly killed (Joan of Arc being executed but then posthumously exonerated) or people who died earlier than they should have, like Rasputin. I never said Rasputin was killed unjustly, so he would fall into the category of people who died prematurely, since he would have lived longer if he wasn't assassinated (obviously).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Nov 4, 2016 3:14 AM

Apr 2009
nightcrawlercyp said:
Low_Ki said:
Stigmata, wanted to save humanity but was betrayed, healing powers.......

Black King's identity seems too obvious and has to be a red herring, right?
but Jesus dying was part of the plan. I mean he could not beat death and resurrect without dying.

That is if you actually believe every word the Bible tells you. If you don't, you can interpret the whole thing in other ways. Like in way that don't include godly magic for example.
Nov 4, 2016 4:21 AM

Aug 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
I answered your comment because of this piece of sentence " Ends seem to be historical figures that were wrongly and/or prematurely killed" which is false.

I'm not entirely sure how that statement is false. I looked up most of the Ends and they all seem to be people who were wrongly killed (Joan of Arc being executed but then posthumously exonerated) or people who died earlier than they should have, like Rasputin. I never said Rasputin was killed unjustly, so he would fall into the category of people who died prematurely, since he would have lived longer if he wasn't assassinated (obviously).
thebrentinator24 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Jeanne D'Arc was exonerated because the Pope was a populist and wanted to keep people happy not because she was innocent. While I do not agree with the execution she was in grave demonic delusion and had an important role in an war that basically only cause useless deaths. About Rasputin... everyone that is killed you can say died earlier than it should. He was 47 when he died so he did not exactly died young either.
Nov 4, 2016 4:24 AM

Aug 2012
Klimat said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
but Jesus dying was part of the plan. I mean he could not beat death and resurrect without dying.

That is if you actually believe every word the Bible tells you. If you don't, you can interpret the whole thing in other ways. Like in way that don't include godly magic for example.

If I believe what the Bible told me? The roman records confirm this is how things happened. In what other way can you interpret it? The jews wanted the Messiah to be an earthly ruler that basically liberated Israel from roman occupation. This is the main reason why they had him killed.
Nov 4, 2016 4:41 AM

Apr 2009
nightcrawlercyp said:
Klimat said:

If I believe what the Bible told me? The roman records confirm this is how things happened. In what other way can you interpret it?

Here is the other way: god does not exist, Jesus was a mere human like everyone else, also he was either delusional to think he was a son of god, either a conscious lier/manipulator. His attempts to gain power failed when Romans successfully killed him off. 20 years later his few followers that left started recording history mixed with myths and fairytale about Jesus. Those stories gained traction and with time became a foundation of a new religion.
Nov 4, 2016 4:52 AM

Aug 2012
Klimat said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

If I believe what the Bible told me? The roman records confirm this is how things happened. In what other way can you interpret it?

Here is the other way: god does not exist, Jesus was a mere human like everyone else, also he was either delusional to think he was a son of god, either a conscious lier/manipulator. His attempts to gain power failed when Romans successfully killed him off. 20 years later his few followers that left started recording history mixed with myths and fairytale about Jesus. Those stories gained traction and with time became a foundation of a new religion.

Even if you start with the premise he was just a man he never attempted to get power or wealth. Actually this is the reason the jews had him crucified. I know the romans actually executed them but it was the jews that asked for it in a violent manner. Pilate found him innocent.
Nov 4, 2016 5:02 AM

Apr 2009
nightcrawlercyp said:
Klimat said:

Even if you start with the premise he was just a man he never attempted to get power or wealth.

He told people he was a living god and that they should abandon their families and follow him and his teachings. If that is not power, I don't know what is.
Nov 4, 2016 6:42 AM

Aug 2012
Klimat said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Even if you start with the premise he was just a man he never attempted to get power or wealth.

He told people he was a living god and that they should abandon their families and follow him and his teachings. If that is not power, I don't know what is.
maybe you should read the gospels again. It never says to abandon your family it is about the value one puts on things. Is about not being blackmailable.
Nov 4, 2016 8:00 AM

Oct 2008
Another EPIC hype episode!
Comedy never gets old!
Oda Nobunaga is really a genius and casually knows what's he's talking about and what's about to happened! and also evil and wants to be behind the scene pulling the strings!
It's confirmed! Black King is Jesus himself! just look at his palm of his hand! there's a stigmata!
Toyohisa appointed as leader even though he's a bit hesitant and never agreed!
LOL at that Oppai grab of Oda to Olminu! Oppainu "Boobinu"
Put to display Shimazu Clan tactics with back-up Oda Nobunaga tactics! this is so much hype!
5/5!

Nov 4, 2016 8:08 AM

Apr 2009
nightcrawlercyp said:
Klimat said:

maybe you should read the gospels again. It never says to abandon your family it is about the value one puts on things. Is about not being blackmailable.

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it."
Matthew 10:34

It's about putting values that Jesus specifically tells are good above everything, including family. Of cause in that case values that are not approved by Jesus should be abandoned. It's about Jesus telling people he is the only one who knows what's right for them, so that they should follow his orders blindly at all times antagonizing everyone and everything that is in the way of doing so. That is seeking for ultimate power over people.
Nov 4, 2016 10:27 AM
💉 🩸 🩹 💖 🏥

Feb 2012
The instant change from serious art style to comedic art style makes me laugh. The jokes only make it funnier imo. So far I can say Kannou Naoshi is probably gonna' be my favorite character. I wonder if he'll roll with that run-down plane for the rest of the series, lol.

Damn, Obunaga got to cop a feel of Olmine's breasts. #jelly
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Nov 4, 2016 5:50 PM

Mar 2010
This anime is too damn fun. Glad I picked up gem within the rumble.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 4, 2016 11:49 PM

Jul 2016
royaldocks said:
The comedy is getting worse and worse.

I have no problem with Hellsing's comedy and even enjoyed it why the hell do I find Drifter's comedy so cringe worthy !? It feels so out of place. But Im still liking this show so far.

I love the comedy.

Think it brings a perfect balance to the brutality.
Nov 5, 2016 12:00 AM

Sep 2016
that ending suprised the hell out of me, those scum ass vatos are gonna pay bigtime they shall reap what they have sown
Facta Non Verba
Nov 5, 2016 3:56 AM

Aug 2012
Klimat said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it."
Matthew 10:34

It's about putting values that Jesus specifically tells are good above everything, including family. Of cause in that case values that are not approved by Jesus should be abandoned. It's about Jesus telling people he is the only one who knows what's right for them, so that they should follow his orders blindly at all times antagonizing everyone and everything that is in the way of doing so. That is seeking for ultimate power over people.
Well that is because He does know. There is a quote from the epistles that says that those "which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves" . What this means is that inside human heart is written the law of God . Have you not find it interesting that most human have the same basic morals, that we believe is bad to hurt others and that is good to help them for instance? Christ said that all the law can be contained in two commandments : to love God with all your being and your fellow man as yourself. Do you think that killing someone because your wife tells you to is good? Or not helping someone because your family tells you not to? Ok ultimate power but you should also see how it is used. It is never used for personal gain but for the person to have a virtuous moral life instead of a self destructive one. What use for instance is to hoard wealth if you cannot enjoy it? If you die today what use would it be you gathered the wealth? Also please note that Christ can resurrect the dead so if it were Him he could just resurrect all his dead army.
Nov 5, 2016 4:07 AM

Apr 2009
nightcrawlercyp said:
Well that is because He does know. There is a quote from the epistles that says that those "which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves" . What this means is that inside human heart is written the law of God.

That I can easily argue against, but the fact is that is not even relevant for this conversation at hand. You've asked for an interpretation of the Bible in which Jesus being upset about his death makes sense, I gave you such an interpretation: there is no God, Jesus was a mere mortal, Bible is a book of history mixed with fairy tales. If you want to put holes in this interpretation from within, you can't bring up god being real, you can only use internal logic of the interpretation itself.
Nov 5, 2016 8:03 AM

Aug 2012
Klimat said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Well that is because He does know. There is a quote from the epistles that says that those "which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves" . What this means is that inside human heart is written the law of God.

That I can easily argue against, but the fact is that is not even relevant for this conversation at hand. You've asked for an interpretation of the Bible in which Jesus being upset about his death makes sense, I gave you such an interpretation: there is no God, Jesus was a mere mortal, Bible is a book of history mixed with fairy tales. If you want to put holes in this interpretation from within, you can't bring up god being real, you can only use internal logic of the interpretation itself.
How about Him commanding to love those that do harm to you, to do good to them? does not that contradict the whole idea?
Nov 5, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2009
nightcrawlercyp said:
Klimat said:

How about Him commanding to love those that do harm to you, to do good to them? does not that contradict the whole idea?

Nope. He was a mere human, so he changed his mind over a traumatic experience. Simple explanation.
Nov 5, 2016 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
A bit more explanation about what's going on. By taking over they can unite all of the armies. I expect heads to roll next episode.
Nov 6, 2016 12:24 AM

Jul 2008
Humans are assholes and the Magicians are idiots, got it.
Nov 6, 2016 8:29 AM

Apr 2014
I liked the fatherXson jabbing they had for a minute.
---------My Profile------------
Nov 6, 2016 5:04 PM

Jan 2014
Wish it focused more on the other group of historical figures in this episode.
Nov 8, 2016 12:54 AM

Oct 2015
Damn the humor was so bad i even closed my eyes, next time they should refrain from using too much humor. I am a comedy fan but that was awful. Drifters should do what they good at war and superpower.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 8, 2016 3:25 AM

Jun 2013
OrangeJP said:

That face though

That face makes me damp... in sweat... due to nightmares.

His father/son-ish relationship with Toyohisa though.

Yoichi learned the Elven language fair and square, not that this is a competition or anything but it goes to show that he's dedicated, observant and quite the scholar if he was able to learn the language without the assistance of magical paper strips.

Those cute little elven boys are older than me and Toyohisa lol. That 21-year-old-looking elf is older than Oda. lol.

I'm also guessing Black King is Jesus.
臭い-
Nov 9, 2016 8:24 AM

May 2015
Well, I just finish this episode. IT was fun. Currently starting episode 5. Must be good. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 12, 2016 3:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Good episode that helped define some of the black kings personality
and his motivations for fighting the war

Its also nice that Toyohisa didn't forget about the elves either

Lol Easy being all high and mighty as she addresses a empty desk
that Murasaki was supposed to be at

well Olmine at last tells the drifters their purpose for being brought to this
world eh

Nobunaga sure loves his speeches eh

Man the ends look like a dark reflection of humanity as a whole
in truth they were all prosecuted and killed by those that they tried to protect
Joan of Arc is a good example here

Lol So the drifters are now planning to take over the world
in order to protect against the ends
Lol i bet that wasn't in olmine's calculations
but it looks like she doesn't mind it

against a unified army that the black king has built
you need an army of your own to repel them

hmm so the black king does care about his troops
and its interesting to see that he once tried to save humanity
but was instead rejected by them
similar vibes to Jesus here

Hmm i forgot about the villagers actually
since they helped kill the lords knight the lord
will send forces to destroy them
but at least the drifters hasn't forgotten about them

lol Olmine should have produced that charm earlier lol
would have saved Yoichi a lot of time

if anything apart from being a powerful warrior
Toyohisa is also a great orator as well
that speech he gave to the elves was pretty good

ah so Nobunaga is reminded of his own son that Toyohisa resembles somewhat
still i think that Toyohisa's retort was a bit too much
But it looks like they recovered quickly

Man the elves sure look young for their age lol
man those troops have no idea on just how powerful the drifters are

I hope that the zero pilot survives though
but since he's a drifter he has to
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2016 12:24 PM

Jul 2009
Black King have a good power.
Nov 14, 2016 9:26 AM
Aug 2012
Is the Black King Jesus? How the author conclude that Jesus would hate humanity because he got crucified? If the author is using the bible as the source, he should know that Jesus - wanted - to be crucified. He knew he would be betrayed and killed since the beginning and still loved humanity.

If he is not using the bible as the source, what source is he using? LoL.
Nov 17, 2016 4:38 PM

Jul 2009
Dang, so the Black King seems to be super strong. It looks like all the Ends had "unjustified" deaths and are super angry about that ... I don't know too much about Hijikata, but I guess Rasputin and Joan can be considered that. So they basically want to free all the demi-humans ... interesting! Looks like the Drifters managed to get the elves on their side though. Nobunaga is hilarious lol, I love him XD So he just wants Toyohisa to be the leader so he can tell him what to do from behind the scenes :P Seems like now they have a universal translation charm as well ... are they gonna go away with the Elvish language entirely then? I guess it's easier for them XD Seems like the Organization isn't super useful though, with no troops or anything ... I wonder who their Grand Master is though? This person seems strong at least. Looks like the Elves are gonna take revenge on the soldiers next episode .. oh boy, next episode's gonna be fun isn't it :D
Dec 4, 2016 12:54 AM

Nov 2015
Ok, this was a build-up episode I guess.
Still don't like the comedy but I can live with that.

3/5
Dec 8, 2016 4:56 PM

Aug 2012
zurgboy00 said:
Black King Hitler or Jesus? The comedy though I liked it but Its going overboard its not being balanced between the seriousness of the story.

THIS ALSO:

I have no idea about the BK being Jesus but I do found it odd that BK have the power to heal wounds and the fact that he actually cares about his soldiers.
Rather than healing the soldiers, I thought he going to kill them all for being weak & useless from being injured.

Another point to add is that Jesus are said to be a carpenter in his life. Reveling his true identity will bring nothing but a shitstorm when it hits the fan.
"Fear is not evil. It tells you what weakness is. And once you know your weakness, you can become stronger as well as kinder."
Dec 14, 2016 4:12 PM
Jul 2015
They are pretty badass, rebeling to a king. Some GOT shit right there.
The episode was pretty funny, but idk why I thought this entire time that Nasu was a girl, and in this episode they call it 'him' I was like whaaat?
Dec 22, 2016 3:48 AM

Jan 2016
This show is such a disappointment
Dec 24, 2016 7:13 AM

Apr 2012
This is not a spoiler, or at least it shouldn't be to anyone who paid attention. So I'll hide it behind a spoiler code for the unobservant viewer.

I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Dec 29, 2016 2:53 AM

Feb 2014
A person who fought until the very end then committed suicide.

Maybe they'll bring in Hitler? Not that he is the only one in that, but it would be interesting.
Jan 13, 2017 2:27 AM

Mar 2012
Surprised at how well the show does comedy when it's not the main focus of the anime. My guess is that the Black King is an elf.
Jan 16, 2017 2:45 PM

Aug 2014
My God, the comedy scenes are even worse than the ones in Hellsing smh.
Jan 28, 2017 11:36 PM

Mar 2015
This anime is just awesome. Really looking forward to going through the rest of this season
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 5, 2017 8:31 AM

May 2012
An episode with a bit more character development! Pretty nice, let's see what's next!
Apr 28, 2017 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
The beginning definitely stated out what the motivation of the dark king is and why he wants to destroy all the humans.

After that it was a bunch of comedy for this episode. Definitely more then normal but it was fun to watch. Nobunaga, Toyohisa and Yoichi are so crazy together hahaha.

Seems like they're taking it pretty easy even after hearing who the dark king and the ends are and why the magicians need the help of the drifters.

It also seems that the group in the elve village which got killed by Toyohisa, Nobunaga and Yoichi came from Olme? And now they dispatched 200 people to kill them and the elves. Toyohisa managed to persuade the elves to fight for their lifes.

Crazy that even the little elves were older as Toyohisa xD

Aug 2, 2017 8:47 AM

May 2016
I just noticed the stigmata and with his reason for wanting to destroy humanity, there's no denying that he's goddamn Jesus leading dead people with a grudge against the world they lived in.

So there's a translator charm after all xD All those time Yoichi spent trying to learn broken Elvish away from his gorgeous family was for naught but it was a great comedy scene anyway lmao Sticking the slip into his forehead also made him a Chinese vampire lol

I was impressed that Toyohisa managed to give those elves a talking to and get their spines back while Nobunaga was pulling the strings from behind the scenes. That seating arrangement was surprisingly relevant. It's been a while since he's seen a girl but casually grabbing Omniboob's oppai so casually lmao

Aug 12, 2017 8:35 PM

May 2013
I love how Oda's hair is always flying around when he's in his little chibi form XDDD

Yoichi so smart thooooo C:

I like how these 3 are battle monsters, yet they're pretty good people to be helping the Elves ^.^
Sep 8, 2017 4:38 PM

Feb 2013
The elves can fight?
Lol, they are over the language barrier now.
Jan 13, 2018 11:06 PM

Feb 2015
A bit more comedy this episode than usual but it was alright. looks like we're gonna see the elves fight back with the help of the Drifters.
Jan 23, 2018 8:16 AM

Mar 2013
Yasss Toyohisa teach the elves your fighting ways. I love the comedy bits of this show btw, really funny!
Mar 19, 2018 12:00 PM
Feb 2017
The first two episodes were so good. Then on this episode it lost all its momentum and left me wondering? It was so slow and dialogue heavy and just was very uninteresting. Exposition galore but uninteresting.
Jan 6, 2019 11:09 PM
Aug 2017
Damn, if that was really jesus!! This didnt cause an outrage ? Lmao
Jan 15, 2019 11:22 AM

Aug 2017
Compared to previous episodes it was a bit 'quieter, but continues to entertain without problems. The three main characters are just a nice team :)
Mar 10, 2019 5:42 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
wooohoooo finally we wont skip dialoges becaue of the language!
The real show can begin

Jun 15, 2019 7:09 AM

Apr 2009
Am I really supposed to find it so hilarious when Olminu's tits are grabbed or brought up for the 10th time?

This anime started off great but it's declining quickly.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

170 by Zul05 »»
Sep 18, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

82 by marta_valse »»
Jul 25, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

120 by marta_valse »»
Jul 25, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

93 by marta_valse »»
Jul 25, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

96 by marta_valse »»
Jul 25, 3:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.