Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2016 3:23 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is what happens when a certain anime gets hyped for no reason besides THE HOLY SEMICOLON before the season even starts. I was actually baffled to see this so high up in the popularity for this season, this didn't look good in the PV either, so whyyy...
Oct 8, 2016 3:25 PM

Oct 2011
whoa what a first episode. love the op and ed song
Oct 8, 2016 3:27 PM

Jun 2011
Dat big boobs girl is too damn annoying really, and it looks like she will be the main heroine... Seriously what is wrong with these japaneses...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2016 3:37 PM

Jul 2011
There's alot of annoying stuff thus far (main two characters =_=...), but the events are kinda interesting. (Would love a plot twist where Ryouka is a dude tho lolololol).

I don't mind the pacing. Seems like one of those series that I have to marathon to understand and enjoy fully, so guess I'll be putting this on hold until it's down. Hopefully it isn't shit by then.

The OP/ED are pretty nice, and I'm liking Shun already.
Oct 8, 2016 3:39 PM

Feb 2015
I'm liking this anime a lot so far.
first thing that i really like about this anime is the dialogue. i almost thought Shaft is the one who was making this anime but actually A-1picture the one who is making this anime. pretty surprising to me tbh. and the second one, i like how they set up the mystery. like, they scramble everything and then kinda connect it one by one and BOOM at the end of the episode. not really that hype tho but i still like it a lot. i feel like it's gonna be a fun and good anime to watch.

and one more thing that i like a lot about this anime, is that, they involved supernatural into mystery. i like that a lot.

looking foward to the next episode.
i like the animation a lot btw. but i just hope A-1 won't freaking messed up the story or everything. so i'm a little but worried right now...

and....holy shit that big boobs. that's the only thing that i don't like from this episode or maybe from this anime. but well, whatever. i just need to get used to it xD
Oct 8, 2016 3:46 PM

Nov 2014
wow, I can't believe this is A1 pictures. It's so Shaft. Consequently I also like this directing style. Animation looks awesome! what a surprise. the NEET boy is quite similar to Araragi.

This could turn out to be Bakemonogatari or then Mekakucity Actors. This 1st episode was lightning fast but it seems like the pieces should start to fall in soon enough so I am hopeful.
Oct 8, 2016 3:55 PM

Feb 2008
I had to watch the episode twice, since the first time went completely in and out without anything being registered. The pacing was awful. Way too much information being fired at the viewer in a never ending barrage.
The fast cuts got really annoying too, and changing to bunch of new characters constantly was frustrating. Like someone said earlier in the thread, it feels like they packed the whole of Steins;Gate's first half into this 1 episode alone.

I don't know if it works better for Japanese speakers, but it's hard to keep up with the subs at this speed.

My ears hurt from everyone screaming all the time as well lol

It's a shame cause the art style, character designs and animation were great. Loved the music too. And there seems to be an intriguing mystery starting here, but god I hope this show slows down. But I don't see why it would change its style all of the sudden.
Oct 8, 2016 3:56 PM

Feb 2012
DreadoftheGrave said:
MozillaFennekin said:
Okay, I legit have no idea what the fuck I just watched. So much nonsense, the utterly ridiculous design of the main girl, super over-the-top personalities and a bunch of exposition that was shot at the speed of light...

It felt like watching the entire first half of Steins;Gate in twenty minutes.
apparently they covered the entire first light novel in this first episode

That must be one really crappy light novel then considering nothing happens until the very end.

And man, this show sure has a high MAL score for something that's gotten such negative reception in the forums. Where the fuck was Concrete Revolutio's deserved high score, huh?
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Oct 8, 2016 3:57 PM

Jun 2015
Well, it reminded me of Shaft too
It's still really confused, I hope it's because it's only on the begining..
I love what this anime portrays (supernatural and obscure stuff) buuuut.. The fan-service is ruining everything :|
If it hadn't fan-service it would be perfect, at least for me (since I love the supernatural)

For now I will watch it, if it gets unbearable I will drop it, unfortunately.. This anime had everything to be a good one :/
Oct 8, 2016 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
Flawfinder said:
DreadoftheGrave said:
apparently they covered the entire first light novel in this first episode

That must be one really crappy light novel then considering nothing happens until the very end.

And man, this show sure has a high MAL score for something that's gotten such negative reception in the forums. Where the fuck was Concrete Revolutio's deserved high score, huh?

Uh... you're telling this to MAL... which... you know how fucked up the scores are which is not bad but sometimes confuses me. I haven't seen the episode yet, again, but the I am more pointing towards the scores and then so-on with the scores reflecting on the show's thoughts from users, its kinda weird.
Oct 8, 2016 4:05 PM

Jul 2014
They talked almost as fast as Tatami Galaxy, but not quite, didn't have to slow it down from my usual 2x speed.

Seemed okay aside from "Super-C" and who seemed like she was just thrown in to have big tits and 'laugh laugh look at the raygun shocking people.' I think if she wasn't in the show it would have been pretty decent, but she did a good job of dragging it down... just like the useless and pointless Steins;Gate girl thrown in for airheaded cuteness.
Oct 8, 2016 4:06 PM
Mar 2013
um.
that was bad
who's the writer? this felt like a durarara wannabe
Oct 8, 2016 4:18 PM

Dec 2012
Alright episode. Good OP song. ED song is not bad as well. Art is OK I guess.

DAMN so much is going on. Yuuta is speaking so fast.
Narusawa has got some huge boobs.
Quick introduction of all the other characters.

Dead bodies everywhere.

Ultra C.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 8, 2016 4:20 PM

Jun 2013
It was a pretty lack luster first episode, I personally liked how the scenes changed quickly in a studio Shaft like manner but I didn't like the Trigger like art style, the girls unnatural boobs looked weird and wasn't necessary to make her like that, it was enough to make her the eccentric weirdo. The main guy seems okay but not particularly likable, it's an annoying new trend in anime how the main characters introduce themselves as NEETS but then go on to have no NEET like traits, this guy both goes to school and is trying to make money as well as being sociable. The Sasuke like guy was very generic. The kuudere curse girl seems to be alright, can never say no to a kuudere really. Overall I liked how the scenes were paced but didn't like the art style nor the characters though we haven't seen much of them. The story itself could be good though, an occult anime isn't particularly difficult to make work and from what we've seen from the going ons of the first episode it has an ok set up and it could work but seeing as how the art and characters aren't that great it doesn't seem like the whole story will be good.

Oct 8, 2016 4:27 PM

May 2015
Ok. So what the fuck is going on? Seariosly is was just to chaotic for me. Hope second episode will be better, otherwise this title will go do dropped list. :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 8, 2016 4:31 PM

Jun 2016
The characters were so annoying, specially the over-sized breast dumb girl. I probably will drop this.
Oct 8, 2016 4:31 PM

Dec 2012
This was all over the place...
Oct 8, 2016 4:32 PM

Dec 2012
This was all over the place...
Oct 8, 2016 4:35 PM

Apr 2014
the ending was weird, otherwise, it was ok. That one girl's breasts are just to large. And i think this show will get better as time goes on, as it really is just rushed as hell at the moment.
Oct 8, 2016 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
Zinzoo said:
WTF Did they really adapted whole Light Novel in one fucking episode?

From what I am aware of they adapted the first volume which was worth a lot of content, but that's from what I went through and try go to and find. Which, that's a bad case for LN adaptation standards. Usually a LN would take maybe 3 episodes per volume. Or like 5 or something depending. ._.
Oct 8, 2016 5:00 PM

Oct 2009
Judging by the comments it looks like a skip, wont even bother trying it out since i didnt even have high expectations on it.
Oct 8, 2016 5:03 PM

May 2015
Everything went so fast.... And those boobs are too big. But well, I'm not gonna judge now, since it's the first episode anyway. Hopefully they won't go full speed again. Great OP and ED, though.

Oct 8, 2016 5:06 PM

Sep 2015
Fast paced. The boobs were so big.
Oct 8, 2016 5:29 PM

Nov 2014
I'm sure going to remember this show because of the PLOT.
Oct 8, 2016 5:30 PM
Nov 2012
.i was like, yay, a show by the writer of sg

https://images.alphacoders.com/735/thumb-1920-735429.png

then i saw those boobs /nope . Sorry but i feel 40% jokes are gonna be about her Jcups.>>
Oct 8, 2016 5:32 PM

Aug 2016
hard to believe this is the same studio that made Shinsekai yori
Oct 8, 2016 5:43 PM

Nov 2013
I don't say something like that easily, but this was an abomination. The character design and art style is just out of place and weird. And not the good kind of weird. Rather cringeworthy.

Overall it looked pretty messy.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 8, 2016 5:44 PM

Aug 2012
I really dont like silly girls, I dont like fanservice or ecchi either, so 2/5
Oct 8, 2016 5:47 PM

Feb 2015
During the whole episode I was like: Please slow the fuck down. So, the main characters were introduced and we got a general idea about what is going on. The show reminds me of Durarara. Animation and art...stylish. Also, the main character reminds me of Walker Yumasaki from Durarara. It was ok for the first episode but I would've liked if there wasn't that much information stuffed in one episode. Also OP, ED and the rest of the songs were so good.
Oct 8, 2016 5:47 PM

Nov 2010
I'm liking it so far. It's like Steins:Gate on adrenaline rush and the fast-paced monologues gives the vibe of Monogatari series.

So far it is only 1 episode which I don't mind if I don't know anything about the story so far and it seems this episode is only introduction to the characters.
OhShinOct 8, 2016 5:55 PM
Oct 8, 2016 5:49 PM
Jul 2016
Mmm... I really don't know what to say. It felt rushed, and we're still in the first episode. Cliffhanger at the end was cool. I'm going to continue watching, because it,s coming from the same place as Steins;Gate.
This show could end up really good because of that fact, or really bad, as it does have A-1 Pictures name attached. Just have to wait and see.
Oct 8, 2016 5:50 PM

Jan 2013
Illyricus said:
Well, I had a good laugh with this. It was so over the top ridiculous (and characters like the campy master, the elephant-boobs girl, the MC and the likes didn't helped at all) I tried my best to not laugh, but when the MC finds the dead body of the professor and that unfitting OST starts to play + Kaji's character screaming with him losing his shit, I lost it.

Guys, we could be before the best comedy of this season. After Mayoiga this Spring and Taboo Tattoo this Summer, would Occultic;Nine win the prestigious title of best comedy of this Fall? We will see it in the next episode.

The animation really surprised me, I thought I was seeing an anime from Shaft rather than A1 Pictures. I liked that detail.
The episode was very fast paced, but I believe that woman who visited the loli who curses people was the one who wished the death of the professor, since his corpse lacked his hair and the curse loli found (what I believe) is his hair in her mailbox.

I totally enjoyed this, hope next episode will deliver this good.

VanishingKira said:
Hope Kaji's character goes through alot of suffering,wanna see that annoying little shit break.
Are you mad or you want to have ear cancer? Kaji is at his worst when he voices dramatic scenes who involves his character crying and/or suffering. I had enough of his whiny acts with Guilty Crown's MC screaming like a bitch.

I guess I'm just one of those people.

I liked Mayoiga and this show.

Sure it was fast paced but that didn't really affect me. I feel like it's the elephant girl that really triggered everyone into hating the show, otherwise it really does set up a pretty interesting world.

I'm curious to know if the demon exists or is just a figment of the girls imagination. Is this a murder mystery or is actual occult things happening.

Actually the elephant girl's gun really intrigues me. Is it fake and it's just a game they play where he pretends to be shocked? That means their relationship could be some kind of reliance where they perpetuate each others fantasies.

Either way, they tried to adapt one volume in 1 episode when Rokka no Yuusha did 11 episodes for 1 volume. They had to go fast, but they still kept it stylish and kept the world interesting.

sisgood said:
C? Try triple J. Unnecessary fan service is unnecessary. I did not understand half of that. Dangit usually I like paranormal anime.
Is anyone else reminded of deformed body mods from Bethesda games?

Why does everyone focus on the boobs so much? Like holy shit, those do exist IRL you know. Just let it be. Anime has girls that are literally flat as a board when that in and of itself is just as rare as the opposite and no one bats an eye.
TitanAnteusOct 8, 2016 5:54 PM
Oct 8, 2016 5:57 PM
Jul 2016

It was OK. Everything felt super rushed, but it's got a good premise. It seemed like everyone was talking WAY too fast, and it just kept flipping back and forth from what seemed like random events. I barely even know anyone's name, yet it felt like they introduced everyone at once. All in all, pacing is trash. Not dropping yet though. I kinda like where this is going.

2/5
Oct 8, 2016 5:59 PM

Jun 2015
What the hell did I just watched?! Everything was happening so fast, I couldn't keep up on what was going on. The pacing was mach speed. Sound is decent, but the art looks weird. And those breasts are just silly and distracting. I hope the next episodes will make more sense, but for now I'll accept that I have no idea what's going on...
Oct 8, 2016 6:16 PM

Jan 2015
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING!?!

Oct 8, 2016 6:18 PM

Dec 2010
Fantastic animations!

Just don't watch if you don't want to understand what's going on every episode. Both Steins;Gate and Robotic;Notes took a lot of time to reveal where the story was headed, and only S;G managed to recover from that score-wise.

This show seems to be based on contradictions occult/science and OF COURSE THEY WON'T REVEAL WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WHEN FIGURING IT OUT IS THE POINT OF THE SHOW!

It felt like people were talking way too fast, but I guess I would have been fine with it if I understood Japanese, so it's not a real complaint.

Either way, I'm just going to enjoy the oppai show.
Sacrificing sleep and sanity for more anime-induced dopamine.
Oct 8, 2016 6:21 PM

Apr 2016
MozillaFennekin said:
Okay, I legit have no idea what the fuck I just watched. So much nonsense, the utterly ridiculous design of the main girl, super over-the-top personalities and a bunch of exposition that was shot at the speed of light...

It felt like watching the entire first half of Steins;Gate in twenty minutes.

I agree. It was hard to follow and the oppai girl pisses me off just by being a character. I expected a lot more from this. Hope it shapes up.
Oct 8, 2016 6:31 PM

Apr 2015
a lot happen in this anime, and they make it really fast... i couldn't understand a thing...
it feels like i'm watching Durarara...
Boobs are good, but those are too BIG!!!
Both MV for OP ED is great... really like it
i'll keep watching...
Oct 8, 2016 6:37 PM

Feb 2014
suzyOcean said:
I actually thought it was pretty decent, except the pacing was just a tad too fast..?

Why are people getting upset about the boobs? It's a show about paranormal science, of course it's not meant to be taken super seriously or realistic... lol

The only occult thing I've seen in this show so far are her boobs and Mr. Satan or whomever.
Oct 8, 2016 6:43 PM

May 2015
I...
I don't know what to say to this
The speed this show was going while trying to shove AN ENTIRE FUCKING LIGHT NOVEL into one episode was ridicolous
Why the fuck does Ryo-tas's chest look so large? They didn't even do fan service with it, so what was the point? Just because big chest? Why put something sexual if you aren't going to be sexual?
You'd at least except some level of seriousness when the MC walks across the dead body but nah we still get to be crazy and all over the place
The banter stops being special once you realize it's just dumb otaku jokes over and over
Is this supposed to be comedy? Psychological? Mystery? Mayoiga 2.0?
4/10, I'm still wondering what the fuck I just saw.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Oct 8, 2016 6:48 PM
Feb 2015
I wish i could rate the first ep but

1) I've missed so much content bc of the lightning fast subs
2)I wasnt able to pay much attention to the actual anime bc of trying to keep up with the subs
3)that girls tits
So i basically have next to no idea what happened
Oct 8, 2016 7:20 PM

Feb 2013
It was interesting... but the speed-talk didn't help it. Other than that, I enjoyed it.
Oct 8, 2016 7:24 PM

Aug 2011
Like watching in 4x speed and that big boob kinda disturbing.
Oct 8, 2016 7:37 PM

Apr 2016
I wasn't expecting it to be this good, so i'm pleasantly surprised.
Will definitely keep watching.
Oct 8, 2016 7:39 PM

Apr 2014
Good start. Felt more like durarara or gatchaman crowd. Idk where ppl got shaft and tatami galaxy from lmao

First episode was mainly an introduction of characters and the setting. Looks like people's criticism comes from uneducated opinions.
Oct 8, 2016 7:41 PM

Apr 2016
titty chan wasnt enough to make me want to watch a second episode dropped
Oct 8, 2016 7:48 PM

Mar 2013
This show needs a watchable dub because I can't keep up with the subs and oggle dem tiddies at the same time

Fuck it, I don't know what he's yammering about half the time anyways I'll just ignore the subs and enjoy the tiddies

I think that is the winning strategy.
Oct 8, 2016 7:48 PM

Jan 2011
That was not good. The lore is great but the delivery is fucking terrible.

Big boob girl is cancer to this show. Almost as much as MC-kun. Every supporting character was better than these two. Why they felt the need to shotgun so much content into 22 minutes I have no idea. Every other show of this series has been paced either right on or slow. This was just...not good. It's only been one episode but chaos;head might have a competitor.
Oct 8, 2016 7:53 PM

Dec 2014
This is so fucking weird yet oddly interesting at the same time. Wonder where they'll go with this.

Then again I thought the same thing during Mayoiga, and that turned out to be horrible, so not the highest of hopes for this.

(One issue though is that the pacing is ludicrously fast. Perhaps I just suck at keeping tracking of subs, but I remember several times where I had to rewind the video)
Oct 8, 2016 7:54 PM

Jun 2015
I personally liked everything in this episode, except that big boobs.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

172 by Selltar »»
Jun 10, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

217 by Archean-Return »»
May 21, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

95 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 2:36 PM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.