Forum Settings
Forums

Anime teaches a lot of negative things as well

New
Sep 22, 2016 4:27 AM

Feb 2015
Anime fans will often deny the reality of the situation but there are a lot of bad things anime teaches you. I see tons of people post here about how naruto taught them to never give up and hope and yadda yadda but never have I seen anyone acknowledge all the bad things anime teaches. Tons of users here use words like 'rape' liberally, like when someone posts 'This anime girl is in front of you, what would you do?', they will often reply with rape. Rape is nothing to joke about and neither are the negative qualities anime spreads. It's time to stop being blind and recognize that anime isn't all that good as many people make it to be.

Sexualisation, sure no one really cares.. till its hyper sexualised. — characterized tits. Not female characters with any personality to speak of, but supple, bouncy, comically large breasts. The women these breasts were attached to were not represented by their spectacular intelligence, or their bravery in battle so much as the fact that they were in possession of breasts (and in a few cases, an ass). Where the fuck do you see that in TV shows? Or games? Tomb Raider? Meanwhile Code Geass

Often times people will say that these qualities only affect a few people but there is a reason it's used by other people to ridicule anime. Anime fans will always blame the actions of the affected otaku, that he is just a rare case who has his social interaction harmed by anime and never the source of the problem. Which is pretty understandable considering they love anime, but being oblivious to the negative traits of anime is just plain ignorance.

Edit: It is with great sorrow that I say most of the people here have completely missed the point which is actually pretty simple. They are so offended by the fact that their beloved anime has negative qualities that they will point out every single other thing with those qualities.

It's like a serial killer justifying himself by saying 'But that dude killed more than me'. It doesn't change a thing and it's irrelevant. Lord Jesus help you all!
teruuSep 22, 2016 7:11 AM
Hello
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 22, 2016 4:31 AM
Sep 2016
This is kind of a given, since pretty much every medium teaches you both good and bad things. But anime does have a lot of the above qualities, some of them present in other mediums too.
Sep 22, 2016 4:33 AM

Sep 2014
Do anime fans display a high rate of these characteristics than average? I really don't believe the anime influence either good or bad on people will be that huge either way.

The escapism one probably is a thing due to the general demographic who are anime fans but is that a pre-existing thing or does it come on due to anime and if they didn't use anime what alternative would they use

Sep 22, 2016 4:34 AM

Feb 2010
Why is rape nothing to joke about?

There is nothing that you can't or shouldn't joke about. That's what humour is all about. In specific contexts some things may not be appropriate, but in general? Not being able to laugh about something is a sad thing, don't force it on everyone.
I probably regret this post by now.

Jun 2015
They're entertainment. Because clearly fps games teaches us to be terrorists /s.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
TenshoSep 23, 2016 6:06 AM

Sep 2016
good thing i have superior taste compared to those pedos
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 22, 2016 4:35 AM

Apr 2013
Name me one medium that does not teach the sexualization of women lol
Sep 22, 2016 4:36 AM

Feb 2015
BRB-kun said:
They're entertainment. Because clearly fps games teaches us to be terrorists /s.

How many people do you see acting weird in a gaming zone compared to people in an anime club?

Lmfao what's even more hilarious is the ratio of males to females. Even though there are more girls who watch anime than play fucking Call of Duty, you'll see extremely few females at anime conventions.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
TenshoSep 23, 2016 6:07 AM
Hello
Sep 22, 2016 4:36 AM
Sep 2016
Well, yeah, pedophiles don't always get their first taste of pedophilia from a little anime girl. I think the OP means those things are anime's biggest flaws in general?
Sep 22, 2016 4:39 AM

Aug 2014
Either way, every type of literature has an abundance of works with those kinds of aspects. They aren't morales or underlying messages, tho. But if you just mean to say that the anime industry is problematic, well no shit sherlock.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
TenshoSep 23, 2016 6:07 AM
Sep 22, 2016 4:41 AM

Oct 2013
also who cares if anime teaches you these things
if you don't know the meaning of any of those words people will look at you like you're an idiot
Sep 22, 2016 4:45 AM

Jul 2014
Right, and every other medium out there doesn't?

Also, about that image, Btooom never glorified rape... sure, there was ecchi, but rape was always depicted as a horrible and disgusting thing.
Sep 22, 2016 4:45 AM

Oct 2012
teruu said:
Anime fans will often deny the reality of the situation but there are a lot of bad things anime teaches you. I see tons of people post here about how naruto taught them to never give up and hope and yadda yadda but never have I seen anyone acknowledge all the bad things anime teaches. Tons of users here use words like 'rape' liberally, like when someone posts 'This anime girl is in front of you, what would you do?', they will often reply with rape. Rape is nothing to joke about and neither are the negative qualities anime spreads. It's time to stop being blind and recognize that anime isn't all that good as many people make it to be.

Often times people will say that these qualities only affect a few people but there is a reason it's used by other people to ridicule anime. Anime fans will always blame the actions of the affected otaku, that he is just a rare case who has his social interaction harmed by anime and never the source of the problem. Which is pretty understandable considering they love anime, but being oblivious to the negative traits of anime is just plain ignorance.

Implying that literally none of that exists outside of anime? Do you even watch TV?
Sep 22, 2016 4:49 AM

Aug 2015
teruu said:
BRB-kun said:

How many people do you see acting weird in a gaming zone compared to people in an anime club?

Lmfao what's even more hilarious is the ratio of males to females. Even though there are more girls who watch anime than play fucking Call of Duty, you'll see extremely few females at anime conventions.

Very much depends on the country. There were more females than males at my last convention.

Reading your post reminds me of how the media blames games for school shootings.

TenshoSep 23, 2016 6:09 AM
Sep 22, 2016 4:51 AM

May 2010
Alot of mediums have these as themes for their plots. I will say though that it never fails to surprise me how easily many anime fans joke about raping. Why??
Sep 22, 2016 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
@teruu okay then let's suppose you are not shitposting, I am going to explain you bit by bit now why I disagree with you on literally everything you have just posted:

A: let's just crush the overarching "teaching bit" straight away shall we?

There is no proof of fiction influencing the actions and mind of a consumer, the only people who have comitted a crime after watching anime were already mentally hardwired to do so from the beggining aka they had mental issues

B: Joking about rape is not a bad thing, if you are offended by a joke theh go and find yourself a safe space

Also there was a study (unfortunately I am on my phone so finding it would be a pain in the arse so feel free to ignore this point) but the supposed study concluded that people when reminded about bad experience were more likely to joke about it in a dark manner probably as a way of dealing with the problem this way

C: nobody says that anime is a good thing it's just entertaiment and it exists purely for this purpose

Now let's talk about that little image you got there

Incest: tho there are bad things that may be caused by incest (deformed children) I believe that every adult is free to fuck whoever they want as long as they have consent

Escapism: since when escapism is a such a big deal, it existed before anime and it will exist after it also as I said before feel free to do what you want it's your life and it's your choice

Pedophilia: lolicon thing ahh I answered this question enough times but turns out it was not enough huh? Lolicon == pedophile afterall 2D is better than 3D and every person who dwells into anime will soon realise that any girl/boy in real life is inferior to our 2D waifus and husbandos

Sexualisation of women: yes cause men are NEVER sexualised by anime and any other form of media, duh

Also I am still waiting for people to explain to me why any form of sexualisation or objectification is a serious issue for a person smart enough to know that everyone, literally everyone objectifies others, unless they are blind

Edginess: I do not even get what do you mean by that afterall this word has been bastardised to such a extent that it can practically mean anything now

Rape: where in anime is rape glorified also usually it's the men who are the victim of anime since a lot of anime represents almost every man aside from the MC as a twisted rapist

Unless you mean hentai, then erghh I don't know, it's just fantasy also before you paint women as the victim allow me to tell you that there is hentai when it's men who are raped but in that case it is not disgusting then it's funny, he probably just wanted it anyway

Did I miss something?
removed-userSep 22, 2016 5:01 AM
Sep 22, 2016 4:59 AM

Jul 2016
Anime taught me not to seriously take anime.
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Sep 22, 2016 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
MekiChuu said:
Alot of mediums have these as themes for their plots. I will say though that it never fails to surprise me how easily many anime fans joke about raping. Why??

I know right? Rape jokes just feel so forced
Sep 22, 2016 5:07 AM

Feb 2015
Darekmhn1 said:
@teruu okay then let's suppose you are not shitposting, I am going to explain you bit by bit now why I disagree with you on literally everything you have just posted:

There is no proof of fiction influencing the actions and mind of a consumer, the only people who have comitted a crime after watching anime were already mentally hardwired to do so from the beggining aka they had mental issues

B: Joking about rape is not a bad thing, if you are offended by a joke theh go and find yourself a safe space

Also there was a study (unfortunately I am on my phone so finding it would be a pain in the arse so feel free to ignore this point) but the supposed study concluded that people when reminded about bad experience were more likely to joke about it in a dark manner probably as a way of dealing with the problem this way

C: nobody says that anime is a good thing it's just entertaiment and it exists purely for this purpose

Incest: tho there are bad things that may be caused by incest (deformed children) I believe that every adult is free to fuck whoever they want as long as they have consent

Escapism: since when escapism is a such a big deal, it existed before anime and it will exist after it also as I said before feel free to do what you want it's your life and it's your choice

Pedophilia: lolicon thing ahh I answered this question enough times but turns out it was not enough huh? Lolicon == pedophile afterall 2D is better than 3D and every person who dwells into anime will soon realise that any girl/boy in real life is inferior to our 2D waifus and husbandos

Sexualisation of women: yes cause men are NEVER sexualised by anime and any other form of media, duh

Also I am still waiting for people to explain to me why any form of sexualisation or objectification is a serious issue for a person smart enough to know that everyone, literally everyone objectifies others, unless they are blind

Edginess: I do not even get what do you mean by that afterall this word has been bastardised to such a extent that it can practically mean anything now

Rape: where in anime is rape glorified also usually it's the men who are the victim of anime since a lot of anime represents almost every man aside from the MC as a twisted rapist

Unless you mean hentai, then erghh I don't know, it's just fantasy also before you paint women as the victim allow me to tell you that there is hentai when it's men who are raped but in that case it is not disgusting then it's funny, he probably just wanted it anyway

Did I miss something?
Darekmhn1 said:

Did I miss something?

You missed practically everything. Everything you said is based from what you have watched and not all the anime that exist out there. Pedophilia, incest, rape is the theme for several anime, obviously hentai more so than any other 'normal' anime.

Sexualisation, sure no one really cares.. till its hyper sexualised. — characterized tits. Not female characters with any personality to speak of, but supple, bouncy, comically large breasts. The women these breasts were attached to were not represented by their spectacular intelligence, or their bravery in battle so much as the fact that they were in possession of breasts (and in a few cases, an ass). Where the fuck do you see that in TV shows? Or games? Tomb Raider?

Also feel free to encourage incest because of all the free will bullshit but once again you have no idea about the downsides of it. If you ever have a child through incest which is basically incest in its psychical form, he will most likely be deformed and suffer from extreme cognitive damage. There's a reason it isn't encouraged at all, research it before you preach your acceptance toward it.

I'm not going to bother with your pedophilia para, it hurts to see one even try to jokingly defend such a thing.
teruuSep 22, 2016 5:12 AM
Hello
Sep 22, 2016 5:11 AM

Jan 2009
Oh noes mah pure and perfect animu has "bad" stuff in it, unlike all the other mediums in existance that never ever have any of that stuff in them.

Thank you for opening my eyes OP, I shall now stop watching anime for good since it has bad influence.
Instead I will keep watch/read GoT/Song of Fire and Ice.
mmmmm all dat delicious incest, rape and murder

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 22, 2016 5:13 AM

Oct 2013
Darekmhn1 said:
MekiChuu said:
I know right? Rape jokes just feel so forced
so all of these jokes feel forced to you?
Sep 22, 2016 5:15 AM
Jul 2018
@teruu my dear friend, you have not countered anything I just said but I'mma reply anyway

I said that there are downsides to incest and I said free will should not be regulated if they wanna fuck let them, I am not saying they should but if they want to they should have the RIGHT to

Sexualisation as I said happens to men as well and is a non-issue unless you are a massive insecure crybaby

And duh what I said is based on my experience and so is what you said but like it matters aferall it is well known that you have seen everything out there

Also you quoted me twice

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
TenshoSep 23, 2016 6:10 AM
Sep 22, 2016 5:22 AM

Feb 2015
Darekmhn1 said:
@teruu my dear friend, you have not countered anything I just said but I'mma reply anyway

I said that there are downsides to incest and I said free will should not be regulated if they wanna fuck let them, I am not saying they should but if they want to they should have the RIGHT to

Sexualisation as I said happens to men as well and is a non-issue unless you are a massive insecure crybaby

And duh what I said is based on my experience and so is what you said but like it matters aferall it is well known that you have seen everything out there

Also you quoted me twice

I have no interest in 'countering' anything you said because practically nothing you said really holds any value.

Imma just repeat this because you seem to ignore the parts that don't make sense to you, "" Sexualisation, sure no one really cares.. till its hyper sexualised. — characterized tits. Not female characters with any personality to speak of, but supple, bouncy, comically large breasts. The women these breasts were attached to were not represented by their spectacular intelligence, or their bravery in battle so much as the fact that they were in possession of breasts (and in a few cases, an ass). Where the fuck do you see that in TV shows? Or games? Tomb Raider? ""

What you said is based on your experiences, you admit that yet you like to paint the whole anime medium under your own brush. I obviously have not seen everything out there but I sure as fuck have seen the negative side of anime, one that you refuse to accept.

First accuses me of shitposting, then proceeds to reply again and again. Pretty sure if there's anyone trolling it's you, if you aren't and think I am, feel free to get out of this thread. Believe me, no one is begging for your input in this thread especially when you like to label your input as a universal rule.

And you can empathize with sexually deprived humans fucking their own blood relation, but can't with the product of the fucked up intercourse. Hypocrite much!

TenshoSep 23, 2016 6:15 AM
Hello
Sep 22, 2016 5:26 AM

Dec 2012
Your core moral principles will determine what you take away from any medium. What are you trying to say?
Sep 22, 2016 5:34 AM

May 2012
Yeah, I am sure nobody ever raped or was a pedophile before anime.
Sep 22, 2016 5:37 AM

Dec 2015
The only bad thing about anime are the anime fans
Sep 22, 2016 5:43 AM
Jul 2018
@teruu allow me teach you how not to reply

counter the arguments instead of just brushing them off and saying they have no value otherwise you prove to me I am correct or at least more capable of debating than you

And why should I leave? Who is going to make you butthurt if it is not me with my superior opinions?

I am going to repeat myself again but oh well men are sexualised too, you banana
I am not saying that women are not oversexualised I am say that it is a non-issue since it has no influence on real life

Okay then where do I see it in video games or tv shows? I don't know you can't just say that it does not exist simply because you have not seen it, yes op I can play that game too

Negative side and positive side are subjective concepts but since thay have no influence on the real world it does not matter in the end

Lol I do not input my opinion as a universal rule, when did I do that? tell me and I'll correct myself

I do not emphesise with people who are into incest I do not emphesise with the kid either I just don't care I simply believe that people sbould have the right to do whatever they want as long as they are not causing a direct harm to the other human being, also condoms and abortion exist

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
TenshoSep 23, 2016 6:17 AM
Sep 22, 2016 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
FPS teach us to shoot at people.
Porn teach us to be sex addicts.
Bullet hell teach us to dodge rain.

See, can't blame anime.
Sep 22, 2016 5:44 AM

Feb 2015
wajih5 said:
GO AND DIE IN A DITCH !!! (some ppl may think this reply is shit but i watch anime cuz i like it and not cuz of ppl like this guy having post shit in my face cuz when i read the first sentence i knew this post was gonna be SERIOUS,not the funny kind or just shitposting so here i am writing this long-ass reply

Getting mad & telling someone to die just because he believes anime has negative traits. Oh my! And I wonder what influenced you to say that, it's obviously not anime.
Hello
Sep 22, 2016 5:45 AM
Apr 2016
Yeah and so does every other thing on tv, books, video games and whatnot these days

Sep 22, 2016 5:45 AM
Apr 2015
So many against the OP (i'd prefer not to express my opinion, just playing safe) i think this thread's going to end now.

teruu said:
I see tons of people post here about how naruto taught them to never give up and hope

I have to point out this one though, in my country (PH) almost everyone (around me, my classmates, some social media clubs pages etc. )are so OPTIMISTIC with shounen anime . tsk. They dont explore much beyond that, i hate them.
Sep 22, 2016 5:47 AM

Feb 2015
Lord_Sithis said:

See, can't blame anime.

What's FPS? I thought it was frames per second which is more PC related.

Porn teaches you chronic masturbation which is pretty bad for your health as with any other unhealthy obsession, this can obviously include anime.

Don't know what bullet hell is.

Most of the people here have completely missed the point which is actually pretty simple. They are so offended by the fact that their beloved anime has negative qualities that they will point out every single other thing with those qualities.

It's like a serial killer justifying himself by saying 'But that dude killed more than me'. It doesn't change a thing and it's irrelevant. God help you all because this ignorance is even beyond someone like me
Hello
Sep 22, 2016 5:50 AM

Oct 2010
I like that for once the focus is put on these polemic, morally devastating and taboo subjects in society that are part of the reality of anime, such as escapism.
Sep 22, 2016 5:50 AM
Jul 2018
teruu said:
Lord_Sithis said:

See, can't blame anime.

What's FPS? I thought it was frames per second which is more PC related.

Porn teaches you chronic masturbation which is pretty bad for your health as with any other unhealthy obsession, this can obviously include anime.

Most of the people here have completely missed the point which is actually pretty simple. They are so offended by the fact that their beloved anime has negative qualities that they will point out every single other thing with those qualities.

It's like a serial killer justifying himself by saying 'But that dude killed more than me'. It doesn't change a thing and it's irrelevant. God help you all because this ignorance is even beyond someone like me
FPS: First Person Shooter
Bullet hell: videogame genre similar to shiot 'em ups in which you dodge hundreds or thousands of bullets in patterns that seem near impossible.

The thing is, how many anime fans rape girls? Less than 1%, that's for sure. So you can't blame anime.
Sep 22, 2016 5:53 AM

Apr 2015
Just because an anime portrays these activities doesn't mean it's trying to teach/encourage them.

NBC aired three seasons of Hannibal, does that mean they were using the public airwaves to try to teach people to be serial killers?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 22, 2016 5:53 AM
Apr 2015
[quote=teruu message=47869499]
Lord_Sithis said:

Try searching for touhou, the game .

[quote=teruu message=47869499]
Lord_Sithis said:

i think (because im not sure) that you really want to make people realize that anime's not always good but why praise it so much? (i hope im at least in a sense correct) Or you have observed some local occurences( like someone near you) of such actions that resulted in some undesirable consequences and that you are trying to open this stuff up?
Sep 22, 2016 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
teruu said:
They are so offended by the fact that their beloved anime has negative qualities
no the problem is that you are mentioning things that are common knowledge and making it into a big deal when its not and
instead of waisting time here you should go and help people in need of food and water
Sep 22, 2016 6:04 AM

Jun 2013
usually rape is presented as a bad thing so no sane people would attempt that.
Sep 22, 2016 6:04 AM

May 2016
So...What exactly is wrong with escapism? Its a way for people to relieve stress from the real world, so they can confront it again with a refreshed mind the next day...

So...What exactly is wrong with the sexualization of woman AND man...What are you a feminist?

But for real, What makes you think that they're TEACHING those things rather than just using those concepts as Plot material? I have never seem a anime that [b]teaches[b] that raping is the right thing to do...Thats cuz they're not fucking teaching it, they're just depicting it, they're just being used for whatever purpose the anime have, like if it is a Hentai, than its most likely there as a way to presentent a sex scene and its depiction is purely for the sake of escapism...But does it teach you that doing it is right? FUCK NO it doesnt...
HyperLSep 22, 2016 6:08 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 22, 2016 6:11 AM
Jul 2018
Also op, have you thought about joining fox news? I think they might have a position for ya
Sep 22, 2016 6:13 AM

Jan 2016
I am a big anime fan but refuse to watch shows with obvious pedophiliac contants or in which rapes are showed..this is disgusting

but yeah in other media these kind of actions are also shown

the sexualization of women sometimes annoys me but I try to laugh about it and do not take it too serious

Incest....it is a crazy thing but I have to admit I like Angel Sanctuary. In real live I am refusing this and I am not able to relate to it but it teaches you that real love can win against all odds
Sep 22, 2016 6:17 AM

Jan 2016
but i am little shocked how people become that aggresive and abuse others for telling their opinion only becuase they disagree

I thought this forum is here to discuss different meanings???
Sep 22, 2016 6:20 AM

Aug 2016
and the normies say animu r cartoons.
even tom n jerry has taught me a lot of bad things. Atleast animu shows em in a bad way unlike in a funny way

All the best people are crazy!
Sep 22, 2016 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
Deknijff said:
Darekmhn1 said:
Also op, have you thought about joining fox news? I think they might have a position for ya
the next Bill O'Reilly has been found.

Fox News can finally rest peacefully now knowing someone will continue spreading bullshit in the world

Lol

Bulma777 said:
but i am little shocked how people become that aggresive and abuse others for telling their opinion only becuase they disagree

I thought this forum is here to discuss different meanings???

So far the OP is the most agressive one, maybe except the guy who told him to die in a ditch, but the op comes second

Also at the begging I said that this topic is gonna be trending on MAl, Well it's already gathered up few responses and MAL tends to be quite dead this part of the day
Sep 22, 2016 6:23 AM

Mar 2014
"OP's clearly shitposting, but let me write several paragraphs to explain why I think he's wrong anyway"

I like how everyone seems to think that anime can teach them positive things while refusing to acknowledge the opposite.
Sep 22, 2016 6:25 AM

Feb 2015
justify why incest is negative first

then we'll talk
Sep 22, 2016 6:27 AM

Feb 2016
Hey you can say all that crap but you trying to diss my boy Hikky?

Nah you a fraud now/
Sep 22, 2016 6:28 AM

Jan 2016
Deknijff said:
Bulma777 said:
I am a big anime fan but refuse to watch shows with obvious pedophiliac contants or in which rapes are showed..this is disgusting
but you have Hellsing Ultimate in your favourites list

Guilty yes *hahahaha* but there is not shown a long scene of a rape in there... maye I lost my memories
Sep 22, 2016 6:30 AM

Oct 2013
Bulma777 said:
Deknijff said:
but you have Hellsing Ultimate in your favourites list
Guilty yes *hahahaha* but there is not shown a long scene of a rape in there... maybe I lost my memories
yeah the rape scene was only like 30 seconds long if I remember correctly
Sep 22, 2016 6:32 AM

Jul 2013
Incest as a bad thing is really relative, however.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Need an anime expert to help answer my questions

CovertSphinx - 3 hours ago

5 by LenRea »»
1 minute ago

» Are there any characters which you wanted to see more but were killed early, forgotten or the anime itself was too short?

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

19 by LenRea »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » A question, what is worse when it comes to a bad anime

Dillq24 - Yesterday

24 by Kwanthemaster »»
14 minutes ago

» Which one would you prefer

JoeChip - 12 hours ago

22 by Kenzolo-folk »»
15 minutes ago

» Misconceptions about anime in general or specific titles that continue to spread despite everything

RobertBobert - Today

26 by OmegaMilo »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.